PDA

View Full Version : Football Report: The Broncos tried to trade Manning to the Texans after 2014 season

RunKC
06-23-2015, 07:07 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsW5WnpnP6JJeSb-8iXXnMFwSWIFrWOhiQubqdE6o3WnwS2UM6
Report: Broncos tried to trade Peyton Manning to Texans

Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
Broncos quarterback Manning reacts after the Broncos scored their 5th touchdown against the Kansas City Chiefs during their NFL football game in Denver
Reuters
Three years ago, quarterback Peyton Manning was interested in the Texans, but the Texans weren’t interested in him. Earlier this year, the Texans reportedly had another chance to get him.

According to Benjamin Allbright of 94.1 FM in Denver, the Broncos tried to trade Manning to Houston during the offseason. He cites “two unrelated official sources” for the report, adding that “certain elements” of the Broncos organization wanted the Brock Osweiler era to start in 2015.

My first reaction was to scoff, but then I remembered this item from PFT regarding the presence of a no-trade clause for 2015 in Manning’s revised contract. Manning didn’t need to ask for a no-trade clause unless he feared that his restructured contract, with a base salary of only $15 million, would make another team more likely to do the deal.

We plan to promptly seek comment from both teams. For now, though, the notion that the Broncos explored the option of moving on from Manning — especially with a new head coach and new offensive coordinator — seems plausible.

UPDATE 8:22 p.m. ET: The Broncos quickly, and emphatically, have denied the report.

OnTheWarpath15
06-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Welcome to Q-Ville, Population, YOU.

Tombstone RJ
06-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Manning has a "no trade" clause in his contract. This report is BS. This last one did too due to the coaching staff changing.

RealSNR
06-23-2015, 11:41 PM
They're looking to replace Manning with Brady Quinn

eDave
06-23-2015, 11:44 PM
I would totally believe it. The Broncos have ridden that old hag as far as he will go. Time to get something more than dog food out of him.

Source: Mahimike.

BlackHelicopters
06-24-2015, 05:34 AM
Q

wazu
06-24-2015, 06:46 AM
Q

How are you so quick on the draw?

rico
06-24-2015, 06:51 AM
They are anticipating a "Brock Osweiler era." Good lord, if that happens...they are going to suck ball gravy.

BossChief
06-24-2015, 06:53 AM
I bet they bench him by December with an "injury".

MotherfuckerJones
06-24-2015, 08:28 AM
They are anticipating a "Brock Qsweiler era." Good lord, if that happens...they are going to suck ball gravy.

FYP

BigRichard
06-24-2015, 08:38 AM
http://whatshuang.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/You-Dont-Say-Meme.jpg

MotherfuckerJones
06-24-2015, 09:40 AM

Not a chance. Not to peyty pie

TEX
06-24-2015, 09:51 AM
They are anticipating a "Brock Osweiler era." Good lord, if that happens...they are going to suck ball gravy.

:toast:

RealSNR
06-24-2015, 09:57 AM

Assweiler's contract is also up at the end of the year. They have to extend him if they want this magical era to begin after Manning.

And considering they've all but said, "You're the guy after Manning leaves," they pretty much have to give him starting QB money. It won't be longterm most likely, but you can bet your ass they're going to have to overpay for him.

It's going to be glorious. The Broncos are about to Matt Cassel themselves.

ILChief
06-24-2015, 10:24 AM

I expect him to break down on his own by Halloween

Pasta Little Brioni
06-24-2015, 10:42 AM
More like Brick Assweiler era

BossChief
06-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Assweiler's contract is also up at the end of the year. They have to extend him if they want this magical era to begin after Manning.

And considering they've all but said, "You're the guy after Manning leaves," they pretty much have to give him starting QB money. It won't be longterm most likely, but you can bet your ass they're going to have to overpay for him.

Not sure id count on that.

I think they sign Rivers

TEX
06-24-2015, 11:07 AM

NOBODY but Scott Pioli (and maybe Herm ****ing Edwards) is THAT STUUUUUUUUPID. It might be bad for them but it's won't be Matt Cassel bad. For one, they WONT stick with him near as long and they won't guarantee a crazy- large amount of $$$.

TEX
06-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Not sure id count on that.

I think they sign Rivers

This.

I had this discussion with a friend of mine who joined the Dark Side years ago but also who KNOWS that Manning is DONE...It's going to be their deal to sign good / great QB's with something left in the tank. Elway is gonna use the justification that he won it all relatively late in his career - twice.

beach tribe
06-24-2015, 11:15 AM

Frighteningly, I'm worried they will bench till week 8 or 10 with an "injury"

Last 8 games = Manning's 1st 8 games. How Fn genius would that be?

SeeingRed
06-24-2015, 03:37 PM
apparently there was discussion

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning

wazu
06-24-2015, 03:54 PM

Rausch
06-24-2015, 03:57 PM

They don't even make the playoffs if they do that...