PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Official NBA 2015 Off-Season

Pages : [1] 2 3

Al Bundy
06-23-2015, 07:43 PM
NBA Draft June 25th.
1Minnesota Timberwolves
Lottery luck means Minnesota can take either Okafor or Towns to solidfy the middle.
Karl Anthony Towns
2 Los Angeles Lakers
See above. Whichever elite big man is left after Minnesota picks is likely headed to L.A.
D'Angelo Russell.
3 Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia has one first round pick and a whopping five second round selections.
Jahlil Okafor
4 New York Knicks
The Lottery didn't go as they wanted, but there will still be plenty of talent available at No. 4.
Kristaps Porzingis
5 Orlando Magic
In need of perimeter scoring, power forward Kristaps Porzingis could be the best bet.
Mario Hezonja
6 Sacramento Kings
The Kings could be in good position to find the ideal Cousins compliment in Cauley-Stein.
Wilie Cauley-Stein
7 Denver Nuggets
In need of shooters, the Nuggets will have a handful of interesting options in play.
Emmanuel Mudiay
8 Detroit Pistons
Mario Hezonja or Winslow could be the way to go for a team lacking shooters.
Stanley Johnson F Arizona
9 Charlotte Hornets
Do the Hornets go with a power forward again, or go for the shooter they need?
Frank Kaminsky
10 Miami Heat
Miami's pick here depends on if Pat Riley believes Hassan Whiteside is the real deal.
Justise Winslow
11 Indiana Pacers
In need of offense and a shooter, Devin Booker would be the ideal pick here.
Myles Turner
12 Utah Jazz
Utah will be looking to add some more offense, possibly in the form of a stretch four.
Trey Lyles
13 Phoenix Suns
The Suns could be looking at a power forward, so there will be plenty of options.
Devin Booker
14 Oklahoma City Thunder
Finding a dependable backup for Russell Westbrook could be the way to go here.
Murray State guard Cameron Payne
15 Atlanta Hawks
Should Atlanta be looking to protect itself from free agency losses? (From Brooklyn)
Kelly Oubre traded to Washington for the No. 19 pick tonight and two future second-round picks.
16 Boston Celtics
Brad Stevens needs to add prospects on both ends of the floor to his stable.
Terry Rozier Louisville
17 Milwaukee Bucks
The Bucks would love to add another scorer to their young stable.
Rashad Vaughn UNLV
18 Houston Rockets
Is the possible backup point guard solution out there for Houston? (From New Orleans)
Sam Dekker
19 Washington Wizards Traded to Atlanta along with 2 future 2nd rounders for Kelly Oubre.
Is there a right fit at this spot to go alongside the team's thrilling backcourt?
Jerian Grant- traded to the Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr.
20 Toronto Raptors
The Raptors need a shakeup badly, and will be looking for a youngster that can step up.
Delon Wright Utah
21 Dallas Mavericks
Forever getting older, Dallas could use youth in the front and backcourts.
Justin Anderson
22 Chicago Bulls
Will Chicago's new coach start molding his new team with a college face he knows well?
Bobby Portis
23 Portland Trail Blazers
Do the Blazers need a contigency plan if LaMarcus Aldridge leaves via free agnecy?
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
24 Cleveland Cavaliers
The Cavs are always looking for shooters who can create space for LeBron James.
Tyus Jones will be traded to the Timberwolves
25 Memphis Grizzlies
Memphis might look to start replacing its aging big men with a project here.
Jarell Martin
26 San Antonio Spurs
San Antonio is always reloading from odd places. Do they go overseas again?
Nikola Milutinov
27 Los Angeles Lakers
After scoring big early, the Lakers will look to fill out the roster. (From Houston)
Larry Nance Jr.
28 Boston Celtics
The playoff berth proved that the rebuilding project is ahead of schedule.(From Clippers)
R.J. Hunter
29 Brooklyn Nets
This pick was swapped with Atlanta in the Joe Johnson trade. (From Atlanta)
Chris McCullough
30 Golden State Warriors
Kevon Looney

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2015, 08:45 PM
NBA Draft June 25th.
1Minnesota Timberwolves
Lottery luck means Minnesota can take either Okafor or Towns to solidfy the middle.

2 Los Angeles Lakers
See above. Whichever elite big man is left after Minnesota picks is likely headed to L.A.

3 Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia has one first round pick and a whopping five second round selections.

4 New York Knicks
The Lottery didn't go as they wanted, but there will still be plenty of talent available at No. 4.

5 Orlando Magic
In need of perimeter scoring, power forward Kristaps Porzingis could be the best bet.

6 Sacramento Kings
The Kings could be in good position to find the ideal Cousins compliment in Cauley-Stein.

7 Denver Nuggets
In need of shooters, the Nuggets will have a handful of interesting options in play.

8 Detroit Pistons
Mario Hezonja or Winslow could be the way to go for a team lacking shooters.

9 Charlotte Hornets
Do the Hornets go with a power forward again, or go for the shooter they need?

10 Miami Heat
Miami's pick here depends on if Pat Riley believes Hassan Whiteside is the real deal.

11 Indiana Pacers
In need of offense and a shooter, Devin Booker would be the ideal pick here.

12 Utah Jazz
Utah will be looking to add some more offense, possibly in the form of a stretch four.

13 Phoenix Suns
The Suns could be looking at a power forward, so there will be plenty of options.

14 Oklahoma City Thunder
Finding a dependable backup for Russell Westbrook could be the way to go here.

15 Atlanta Hawks
Should Atlanta be looking to protect itself from free agency losses? (From Brooklyn)

16 Boston Celtics
Brad Stevens needs to add prospects on both ends of the floor to his stable.

17 Milwaukee Bucks
The Bucks would love to add another scorer to their young stable.

18 Houston Rockets
Is the possible backup point guard solution out there for Houston? (From New Orleans)

19 Washington Wizards
Is there a right fit at this spot to go alongside the team's thrilling backcourt?

20 Toronto Raptors
The Raptors need a shakeup badly, and will be looking for a youngster that can step up.

21 Dallas Mavericks
Forever getting older, Dallas could use youth in the front and backcourts.

22 Chicago Bulls
Will Chicago's new coach start molding his new team with a college face he knows well?

23 Portland Trail Blazers
Do the Blazers need a contigency plan if LaMarcus Aldridge leaves via free agnecy?

24 Cleveland Cavaliers
The Cavs are always looking for shooters who can create space for LeBron James.

25 Memphis Grizzlies
Memphis might look to start replacing its aging big men with a project here.

26 San Antonio Spurs
San Antonio is always reloading from odd places. Do they go overseas again?

27 Los Angeles Lakers
After scoring big early, the Lakers will look to fill out the roster. (From Houston)

28 Boston Celtics
The playoff berth proved that the rebuilding project is ahead of schedule.(From Clippers)

29 Brooklyn Nets
This pick was swapped with Atlanta in the Joe Johnson trade. (From Atlanta)

30 Golden State Warriors

The Cavs pick at #24 is intriguing up until draft day.

They will probably move that pick and package it with Brandon Haywood. Sadly, David Lee is the name I keep hearing, but that's a player they don't need. There's also rumors that they will try a sign and trade with either Love or Thompson... but I would bet that happens after the draft.

RealSNR
06-23-2015, 09:04 PM
I plan on transforming this into the Karl-Anthony Towns Suckfest Thread over the next couple of days.

You've all been warned.

O.city
06-23-2015, 09:12 PM
I plan on transforming this into the Karl-Anthony Towns Suckfest Thread over the next couple of days.

You've all been warned.

You mean Okafor, right?

RealSNR
06-23-2015, 09:14 PM
You mean Okafor, right?

I'll eat a bug if the Wolves decide on Okafor over Towns.

Okafor publicly shunning the Wolves has basically killed that idiotic notion that they should draft him over Towns. At this point it's more likely they could draft Russell over Okafor, even.

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2015, 09:17 PM
You mean Okafor, right?

I love that a guy's draft stock has hit the shitter because he can't hit an uncontested shot at the free throw line

O.city
06-23-2015, 09:31 PM
Someone's gonna regret not taking Winslow higher than. Hell go.

RealSNR
06-23-2015, 09:35 PM
He seems nice

Wolves Nation and NBA executives have fallen hard for Kentucky big man Karl-Anthony Towns, smitten in recent weeks and months by a 19-year-old who can dribble it, pass it and shoot it from both near and far.

Well, there is one thing that concerns some chapters in Wolves Nation: Towns’ imaginary friend, nicknamed Karlito.

Karlito supposedly sits on Towns’ shoulder and engages in conversation with a player so multitalented the Timberwolves are expected to select him first in Thursday’s NBA draft, unless, in the words of Kentucky coach John Calipari, “something crazy” happens.

But do not fret Wolves Nation: Your franchise’s future hasn’t already lost his mind.

“That wasn’t Karl,” Calipari said, laughing about a character reminiscent of Jimmy Stewart’s invisible 6-foot-3 rabbit named Harvey long ago. “That was us.”

From the beginning of last season, Calipari identified Towns — the best player on a team so talented that Calipari platooned units — as the guy he would push hardest whenever his team needed it. When Towns turned the other way one day and said something, Calipari asked if he was talking to an invisible someone. An assistant coach determined Towns had talked to “Karlito,” which left everyone laughing.

“Because he’s so respectful, he would turn away and like mumble into his shoulder,” Calipari said. “He never would have said anything about it. I said something publicly and I was joking when I said, ‘If you see him talking to himself, that’s Karlito on his shoulder.’ He just ran with it.”

Towns told the Lexington Herald-Leader he indeed talks to himself. “I don’t know if it’s self-talk [or] inner dialogue,” he said. “But I know one thing. I [will] be talking to myself. I don’t know why. I’ll be having some good conversations with myself.”

The real deal?

Towns apparently has a lot to say and so much to do, even beyond a career arc that has him poised to join the rare air of No. 1 overall picks. That list includes everyone from Magic Johnson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Tim Duncan and LeBron James to Michael Olowokandi and Kwame Brown as well as two current Wolves players, NBA Rookie of the Year Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, too.

Towns is a teenager who visits hospitalized children unannounced, who volunteered at a New Jersey home for autistic children after he was moved to do something following the Newtown, Conn., school shootings, who gave a needy Bahamian child the socks off his feet during the Kentucky team’s tour there last summer.

He impressed Wolves basketball boss Flip Saunders at both ends of the court with two pre-draft workouts and owner Glen Taylor with his polite manners and thoughtful answers during a visit with his father and agent to Minneapolis and the team’s new practice facility last weekend. That apparently finalized the team’s decision. The Wolves are the only team for which Towns worked out.

“You know what, it’s almost like it’s fake, isn’t it?” Calipari asked. “It seems fake and it isn’t, I can tell you. I tell everybody: He’s one of the nicest kids, so intelligent, so smart. He is a real kind, nice soul and what you see is who he is, all the time.”

The son of a high school basketball coach, Towns will be chosen ahead of players who had more decorated collegiate careers almost as much because of what he didn’t show last season than what he did.

At Calipari’s command, Towns played all last season near the basket — displaying a nice baby hook with each hand and defensive potential — in part so he could prove to NBA scouts he was strong enough and tough enough to play there. By doing so, he is following in a line of recent UK big men — Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noel, DeMarcus Cousins, Terrence Jones and Patrick Patterson, among them — who have progressed to NBA success.

In those two pre-draft workouts, he impressed Saunders with his ball-handling and NBA three-point shooting range, unusual gifts in a player who’s pushing 7-foot but who measures a bit over 6-11 but who Calipari estimates plays bigger than a 7-footer because he has a massive wingspan and no neck.

“When he puts a shirt with a collar on, it goes to his ears,” Calipari said.

K.A.T., 1.0

Towns has the kind of defensive mobility and shot-blocking instincts that NBA scouts expect will allow him to play both power forward and center, and alongside Gorgui Dieng and Nikola Pekovic at times. Those offensive multiple skills just might have reminded Saunders of a young big man he watched work out long ago, a guy named Kevin Garnett.

“I knew he had some perimeter skills, but I didn’t know he had the ability to shoot the ball as effortlessly and with as much range as he does,” Saunders said. “No question KG was the first player his size to do those things. He could guard out on the floor, run the floor, shoot the ball. There have been more who have come: [Anthony] Davis at New Orleans is similar and K.A.T. is along those lines. He’s able to do a lot of different things and be good at a lot of them. Sometimes players are good at a couple different things, but not a lot of them.”

Calipari chuckled last week when reminded that, like what was once said of Dean Smith and Michael Jordan long ago, he might be the only guy around who can hold Towns under 20 points a game. He reminds that players such as Towns come to Kentucky to get better and contend for a national championship, both of which he did.

“He got a lot better,” Kentucky teammate Aaron Harrison said of a player who played for his New Jersey high school junior varsity team in the fifth grade and played for the Dominican Republic national team at age 16. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody get that much better in a season.”

So much better that Calipari doesn’t want to compare Towns to NBA players past or present, even if you’re talking future Hall of Famers or current All Stars.

“You can say Tim Duncan, you can say [LaMarcus] Aldridge,” Calipari said. “But he could be the one they’re talking about five years from now. Is somebody like Karl Towns? I think he could be that good. Karl is 19. In five years, he’s going to be 24. What? What? You know what I’m saying? I think he’s ready for the moment.”

Towns agrees.

“I don’t want to be a 2.0 of somebody,” he told reporters at last month’s draft lottery. “I want to be the first version of someone, the first Karl Towns.”

http://www.startribune.com/talk-of-karl-anthony-towns-he-ll-go-to-the-wolves-at-no-1/309187721/

thabear04
06-24-2015, 01:58 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25223077/timberwolves-making-mistake-by-passing-on-okafor-to-take-towns

ROUND 1
1. MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES
Karl-Anthony Towns, PF, Kentucky: Towns is an ideal power forward prospect for this league -- somebody who is big enough to guard bigs but skilled enough to step away from the basket and stretch the floor with a jumper. With proper minutes at Kentucky, he would've been a legitimate National Player of the Year candidate. With proper health in Minnesota, he could develop into a perennial All-Star.
2. LOS ANGELES LAKERS
Jahlil Okafor, C, Duke: If it's possible to somehow package this pick with a player or two and lure DeMarcus Cousins from Sacramento, I guess the Lakers should probably do that, if only because A) Cousins is a top-10 talent right now, and B) it might give the Lakers a chance to win in what will likely be Kobe Bryant's final season. Short of that, they should just take Okafor, who could become the next great Lakers center within three years while returning the presence of the dominant big to the NBA.
3. PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
Kristaps Porzingis, PF, Latvia: People keep asking if I think the Sixers would really draft another frontcourt international prospect in the lottery. My answer: Why not? There's a growing number of people who seem to genuinely believe Porzingis is one of the top three talents in this draft. And, if that's the case, there's nothing silly about taking him in the top three.
4. NEW YORK KNICKS
D'Angelo Russell, SG, Ohio State: New York fans were devastated when the Knicks fell out of the top two on lottery night. But being able to grab Russell with the fourth pick would ease the pain significantly. He's a dynamic combo guard with great vision who can also shoot, and his instincts are top-shelf. Nobody should be surprised if Russell becomes the best pro from this class even if he won't be the top pick.
5. ORLANDO MAGIC
Justise Winslow, SF, Duke: Label me intrigued by a 1-2-3 combination of Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo and Winslow in Orlando. That's the type of young core that could do big things in the Eastern Conference in the next three years -- especially if Winslow turns into the star so many believe he has the potential to become.
6. SACRAMENTO KINGS
Emmanuel Mudiay, PG, China: Mudiay was, this time last year, projected by some to be either the first or second pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. So the idea that he could be available here is excellent news for Sacramento. The cast of characters surrounding Mudiay is a little bit of a concern, if only because they haven't handled his career well to date. Still, Mudiay is an undeniable talent, and the Kings would be wise to scoop him up if he's on the board.
7. DENVER NUGGETS
Willie Cauley-Stein, C, Kentucky: Cauley-Stein slipping in some mocks seems, to me, like little more than the result of draft-week positioning. At worst, he's an athletic, rim-protecting big who can switch pick-and-rolls. Anybody who has him falling too far is simply over-thinking things. And, no, I don't care that Denver already has some young bigs on the roster. That's not the type of thing that would make me pass on Cauley-Stein.
8. DETROIT PISTONS
Mario Hezonja, SG, Croatia: Hezonja's decision to remain in the NBA Draft should lead to two international players going in the top 10. He's a good athlete who can really shoot it -- a prospect who can provide much-needed help on the wing for Detroit.
9. CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Devin Booker, SG, Kentucky: Booker's natural shooting ability was evident in one season at Kentucky and will allow him to stick in the NBA for at least a decade (barring injury). There's never been a time when shooting was more valued than it is these days. Booker will benefit from that. And Charlotte definitely needs shooting.
10. MIAMI HEAT
Frank Kaminsky, C, Wisconsin: Kaminsky is tall and skilled. He can shoot. He can rebound. So I really don't know what's not to like here. Yes, the Heat already have Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside in the frontcourt. But Kaminsky can play with either, and he'll be ready to contribute as a rookie.
11. INDIANA PACERS
Cameron Payne, PG, Murray State: Mid-major recruits who become lottery picks after just two years of college are incredibly rare bordering on nonexistent. So it's amazing what's happening with Payne. Oklahoma City is an obvious option if he slips. But Payne makes sense for the Pacers, too.
12. UTAH JAZZ
Stanley Johnson, SF, Arizona: Johnson would be the best player available at this point and an absolute steal for the Jazz. He doesn't necessarily fit a need in Utah. But the Arizona star would be hard to pass on here.
13. PHOENIX SUNS
Myles Turner, C, Texas: There's no reason for a 7-foot, 19-year-old who can block shots and make jumpers to slip any farther than 13, and I won't be surprised if Turner actually goes higher. There's some questions about whether he can shed a reputation of being soft. But his talent is intriguing toward the bottom of the lottery.
14. OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
Kelly Oubre Jr., SF, Kansas: Oubre projects as an athletic perimeter defender with star potential. If he falls this far, Oklahoma City would be wise to scoop him up in an attempt to keep stocking talent in pursuit of a championship.
15. ATLANTA HAWKS
Kevon Looney, PF, UCLA: Paul Millsap is a free agent, meaning the Hawks might need a power forward. So taking Looney makes sense because he's A: immensely talented, and B: a future frontcourt starter.
16. BOSTON CELTICS
Sam Dekker, SF, Wisconsin: Dekker has an NBA body and certain NBA skills. The only question is whether he can consistently play at a high-level and shoot well from the perimeter, and those are big questions with no clear answers. Either way, he's a 6-9 athlete with the potential to develop into a 6-9 athlete who can stretch the floor with his jumper, and that's enough to keep him in the top 20 of this draft.
17. MILWAUKEE BUCKS
Bobby Portis, PF, Arkansas: The reigning SEC Player of the Year was never the best prospect in the SEC. But he averaged 17.5 points and 8.9 rebounds as a sophomore, and now he'll be the first Razorback selected in the first round since Ronnie Brewer went 14th overall in 2007. Barring injury, I think, Portis will be in the NBA for a decade based on his measurements and motor.
18. HOUSTON ROCKETS (VIA TRADE)
Jerian Grant, PG, Notre Dame: Grant will turn 23 before the 2015-16 season begins. So he's older than most prospects, which might hurt him with some franchises. Regardless, this dynamic playmaker is capable of adding athleticism to anybody's backcourt, including Houston's.
19. WASHINGTON WIZARDS
Tyus Jones, PG, Duke: Jones isn't an exceptional athlete, and he's small. But he really knows how to run a team, totally understands when to push and when to pull, loves to take and make big shots, and there's just always going to be a place in the NBA for guys described that way. Beyond all that, I'm told Jones was, predictably, super impressive in interviews at the combine. Playing behind John Wall seems like a good spot to start his NBA career.
20. TORONTO RAPTORS
Trey Lyles, PF, Kentucky: Lyles spent much of his one year in college overshadowed by teammates -- specifically Towns and Cauley-Stein. But he's still an elite prospect with lots of potential. For those reasons and more, it's difficult to see Lyles going outside of the top 20.
21. DALLAS MAVERICKS
Justin Anderson, SF, Virginia: The Mavericks only have a small handful of players guaranteed to return next season, meaning they need a guy who can play immediately. Anderson checks that box. He has an NBA body, understanding of defensive principles and a shot good enough to make opponents guard him out to the 3-point line.
22. CHICAGO BULLS
Rashad Vaughn, SG, UNLV: Vaughn was an elite prep player who, after one year of college, still has so much room to grow. He's only 18. So the former UNLV standout is totally worth a gamble somewhere in the 20s even it's likely he'll spend some time in the D-League.
23. PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
Montrezl Harrell, PF-C, Louisville: Harrell is not and will never be LaMarcus Aldridge -- if only because he's about four inches shorter. But a lot people are predicting the Blazers will lose their All-Star power forward in free agency. So selecting Harrell could add a talent and fill a need.
24. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
Delon Wright, PG, Utah: Wright isn't young, which might hurt him. But a team already competing for a title and drafting at the bottom of the first round shouldn't care much about that because they'll be getting a 23-year-old rookie who could theoretically help next season.
25. MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
R.J. Hunter, SG, Georgia State: Hunter shot it poorly this season. But NBA scouts saw him enough last summer -- specifically at the LeBron James Skills Academy in Las Vegas -- to know he's a pure shooter with size and NBA range. Every team (except maybe the Warriors) needs more shooters. And it's possible nobody needs more shooters more than the Grizzlies.
26. SAN ANTONIO SPURS
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, SF, Arizona: Hollis-Jefferson is one of the best athletes in the draft and capable of becoming an elite perimeter defender in the NBA. Every championship team needs a guy like that. So he makes a lot of sense for the Spurs.
27. LOS ANGELES LAKERS
Christian Wood, PF, UNLV: With two first-round picks, why not swing for the so-called fences on a talent like Wood who would go in the lottery if not for red flags? That's what I'd do. Because Woods' potential is enticing.
28. BOSTON CELTICS
Jordan Mickey, PF, LSU: Mickey reportedly helped himself at the combine -- perhaps enough to sneak into the first round and secure a guaranteed contract. He'd be a nice piece for a Celtics team still building.
29. BROOKLYN NETS
Terry Rozier, PG, Louisville: Rozier was not a preseason All-American like his more celebrated teammate above. But he was Louisville's best player down the stretch. He should be able to get into the lane consistently at the NBA level.
30. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Chris McCullough, PF, Syracuse: McCullough remains a compelling prospect even though he was mostly injured as a freshman. At this point, for a team already built, he's worth the gamble for the Warriors.

-King-
06-24-2015, 04:11 AM
If the Lakers get Cousins and Randle can come back in good shape from his injury, the Lakers front court will be dangerous. Too bad the back court and depth will still be ass though.

...unless Randle is apart of the trade package for Cousins.

thabear04
06-24-2015, 10:52 AM
If the Lakers get Cousins and Randle can come back in good shape from his injury, the Lakers front court will be dangerous. Too bad the back court and depth will still be ass though.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13130430/anthony-bennett-minnesota-timberwolves-available-trade

The Minnesota Timberwolves have made former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett available via trade in advance of Thursday's NBA draft, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN that the Timberwolves, who are widely expected to make Kentucky's Karl-Anthony Towns the No. 1 overall selection Thursday night, are trying to find a new home via trade from Bennett, who unexpectedly went No. 1 overall in 2013 and was acquired by Minnesota last summer from Cleveland in the Kevin Love trade.

The Cavaliers sent Andrew Wiggins and Bennett to Minnesota for Love while also surrendering a future first-round pick to the Philadelphia 76ers, which landed then-Sixer Thaddeus Young with the Wolves as well.

In February, Minnesota swapped Young for Kevin Garnett to bring home the most famous player in franchise history.

A shoulder injury coming out of Nevada-Las Vegas and other ailments plagued Bennett throughout his rookie season in Cleveland, but he made minimal progress after moving to the Wolves, who were hopeful that the change of scenery would spark a change in fortunes for the 6-foot-8, 245-pounder.

RealSNR
06-24-2015, 11:02 AM
We'll give you Bennett and Lorenzo Brown for your #2 pick, Laker fans :whackit:

kcxiv
06-24-2015, 11:06 AM

Dont sleep on Jordan Clarkson! kids got some skills!

Ceej
06-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Oubre in OKC could be fun.

O.city
06-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Wiggins and towns could be very interesting for a while. I think they need a better pg than Rubio but if they can add a good shooting 2 guard, would be awesome.

RealSNR
06-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Wiggins and towns could be very interesting for a while. I think they need a better pg than Rubio but if they can add a good shooting 2 guard, would be awesome.
LaVine is still a huge question mark, but he's definitely got the talent to be that skilled 2 guard.

I would almost prefer Russell over Towns, actually. I'm getting really tired of waiting for Rubio to be healthy. I know all of the injuries he's sustained have been "fluke", but you get enough of those racked up and they stop being flukes.

RealSNR
06-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Really excited to see what a presence like KAT can do for spacing and allowing Dieng to be a better player that I think he can be.

Even Pekovic in the 10 games per season when he's not a broke dick will see an immediate payoff, I think.

Best of all, this means no more watching Adriean Payne fuck himself in an attempt to not be shitty.

RunKC
06-24-2015, 01:25 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Cavs forward Kevin Love has opted out of the final year of his contract and will be a free agent July 1

Good job on passing on Wiggins Cleveland.

O.city
06-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Meh, I bet he ends up in Cleveland still

RealSNR
06-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Love being a huge vagina and a crybaby was the best thing to ever happen to Minnesota.

We wasted a good 4 years trying to build a team around that always-injured fuckstick. Glad we for once raped a trade instead of getting raped by trades.

kcxiv
06-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Nothing can help Minnesota, so it doesnt matter lol

RealSNR
06-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Nothing can help Minnesota, so it doesnt matter lol

The worst parts of Minnesota's team last year were defensive rebounding (dead last) field goal percentage in the paint (dead last) and attempted 3-point shots (dead last).

KAT can and should improve all of those areas.

Minnesota is still a bunch of hopes and dreams, but damn, those are hopes and dreams that a lot of NBA teams would kill to have. It's better than assembling a team of a bunch of dead dicks and hoping that one day they can strike it rich on some non-top 10 draft prospect and get carried to greatness.

Bufkin
06-24-2015, 02:06 PM
Should be a fun offseason. Hoping that the Jazz draft Frank Kaminsky with the 12th overall pick, JP Tokoto in the 2nd round, and bring back Paul Millsap (which is a hot rumor).

PG: Dante Exum, Trey Burke
SG: Alec Burks, JP Tokoto, Elijah Millsap
SF: Gordon Hayward, Rodney Hood, Joe Ingles
PF: Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors (6th man), Trevor Booker
C: Rudy Gobert, Frank Kaminsky.

Championship for Quin Snyder and Utah's finest.

thabear04
06-24-2015, 02:18 PM
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Cavs forward Kevin Love has opted out of the final year of his contract and will be a free agent July 1

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-kevin-love-opts-out-of-contract-with-cavaliers/2015/06/24/

Sources tell ESPN.com that the Los Angeles Lakers and the Celtics are among the teams planning ‎to make a run at Love in free agency. Sources say that the Portland Trail Blazers, furthermore, are likely to pursue the former Oregon high school star in the event that LaMarcus Aldridge — as many league executives expect — flees the Blazers in free agency

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2015, 03:57 PM

Yup. Still fucking hate this trade.

KevB
06-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Yup. Still fucking hate this trade.

If Love stays healthy and helps you win a ring, it's a good trade. Sometimes you roll the dice to win a ring. Really tough call for Cavs management on what to do with Love now though.

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2015, 04:20 PM
If Love stays healthy and helps you win a ring, it's a good trade. Sometimes you roll the dice to win a ring. Really tough call for Cavs management on what to do with Love now though.

It was a stupid trade then. It's proving to be even dumber now.

I screamed last year that the top 4 Cavs priorities in order were: wing defender, rim protector, backup PG, backup to give Lebron a rest. I said the Cavs didn't need another volume shooter in Love especially since he doesn't play defense. The Cavs would have had $15M in Love money, multiple first round picks, and Bennett/Waiters as trade bait to get those pieces and THEN some.

The Cavs proved in the finals they have a damn good team without him. Now all I can hope for is a sign and trade to salvage this.

BWillie
06-24-2015, 04:28 PM
I am floored that Willie Cauley-Stein is projected 7th-8th. What a joke. The guy fit a particular need at UK, he didnt have to develop any offensive skills because UK constantly brings in 5 star scorers every year and he can just be the garbage man. Hes a pretty good defensive player dont get me wrong, but he isnt even an elite rebounder even though his size would warrant it. He wasnt even very good against 6ft2inch white kids in the Sunflower league in HS. If you want defense, fine, but dont waste it on a lottery pick w/ WCS. You can get Robert Upshaw instead in the early 2nd whos a better shot blocker with a higher upside. WCS has a very low ceiling, I dont care how long and athletic he is. He has Sasha Kaun like offensive skills, and that is probably pushing it

CaliforniaChief
06-25-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm seeing a lot of buzz that the Lakers are leaning towards drafting D'Angelo Russell.

I love it, if true.

Use the cap space to add Aldridge or Love, draft Russell, Randle comes back, and they're in business again.

RealSNR
06-25-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm seeing a lot of buzz that the Lakers are leaning towards drafting D'Angelo Russell.

I love it, if true.

Use the cap space to add Aldridge or Love, draft Russell, Randle comes back, and they're in business again.
Sixers should trade their pick.

The last thing they need is another addition to their clusterfuck of centers

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-25-2015, 01:57 PM

I love it, if true.

Would be hilarious if they signed Love with Kobe telling them to win now. Gotta lock up that 8-seed.

CaliforniaChief
06-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Russell is, to me, the best player on the board. He's a playmaker...good size for a guard (6'5"), versatile, good leader. I think he's got that "it" factor you're looking for at the top of the draft.

BWillie
06-25-2015, 04:14 PM
I hope OKC finds a way to get Delon Wright, I know it would be a reach but I dont care. Maybe just trade down 8 picks

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Russell is, to me, the best player on the board. He's a playmaker...good size for a guard (6'5"), versatile, good leader. I think he's got that "it" factor you're looking for at the top of the draft.

Agreed. It reminds me of the Wiggins vs embiid debate. Like Wiggins, what's scary about Russell us his upside is really tremendous.

BWillie
06-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Not to knock Wiggins but I like Russels game more. Wiggins is a terrible passer. Not only can Russel distribute but he can score, get steals and is a good rebounder for his size. Hes James Harden just waiting to happen. Hes just a really good all around player. Wiggins has the edge defensively probably, and as a pure scorer in terms of a ceiling

chiefs1111
06-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Hope the Magic can make some moves and not suck this coming season

ChiliConCarnage
06-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Why is Karl Towns always referred to with 3 names. Did he previously murder multiple ppl or is he expected to become a serial killer?

notorious
06-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Good pick by the Lakers

06-25-2015, 06:02 PM
Hahaha Knicks fans.

Another Latvian that can't add weight

notorious
06-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Did they just say he was an athlete? ROFL

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 06:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When you see your girl&#39;s nudes leak on the TL from other dudes and you thought they were for your eyes only <a href="http://t.co/UwzRPLCblL">pic.twitter.com/UwzRPLCblL</a></p>&mdash; Kenny H_____________ (@Flyer_thanu2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Flyer_thanu2/status/614222853102301184">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Fran Fraschilla said he looked like an extra in a Dolph Lundgren movie..

notorious
06-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Just imagine Okafor.......

Los Angeles is sitting right there and you end up in.......Philadelphia. ROFL

That's like watching Sophia Vergara finger herself but you end up fucking Melissa McCarthy.

kcxiv
06-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Just imagine Okafor.......

Los Angeles is sitting right there and you end up in.......Philadelphia. ROFL Did the opposite of the fresh prince lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIYp8HPVAAAtoVp.png lol

06-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Good pick by the Lakers

Time to bench Kobe

KevB
06-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Shocked Winslow is still on the board, shocked Stanley Johnson went ahead of Winslow. I really think Winslow could be a big time player.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Shocked Winslow is still on the board, shocked Stanley Johnson went ahead of Winslow. I really think Winslow could be a big time player.

Perfect fit for Miami.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 06:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Charlotte Hornets have multiple trade scenarios in play with the No. 9 pick in the NBA Draft, league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614227644842934272">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Jordan sucks as a GM and owner.

Hootie
06-25-2015, 06:40 PM
He likes great white hopes lmao

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Heat lucked out. Perfect fit, great pick for them.

RobBlake
06-25-2015, 06:42 PM

only good move of his career was getting Batum

Hootie
06-25-2015, 06:45 PM
only good move of his career was getting Batum
Oh, and, buying a franchise for pennies on the dollar.

06-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Heat lucked out. Perfect fit, great pick for them.

Wins low

Heat suck. Fuck Wade

Hootie
06-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Paul pierce went 10th ... He's the parallel

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Paul pierce went 10th ... He's the parallel

Winslow's more likely to be Jeff Green than Paul Pierce.

ChiliConCarnage
06-25-2015, 06:49 PM
At this point, I'd want Lyles. No idea if he'll work out but interesting player

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 06:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OKC (14th) has been pushing to make a move into Utah&#39;s spot (12) in recent days -- and some of Thunder&#39;s top targets still on board now.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614233643628802048">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Prison Bitch
06-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Sixers should trade their pick.

The last thing they need is another addition to their cluster**** of centers

No way, keep taking them.

ChiefsCountry
Wins low

Heat suck. **** Wade

https://31.media.tumblr.com/01ebd58b2bdb3c6bdfda0b13b731bffa/tumblr_movgz9mClk1r98qz6o1_500.gif

KevB
At this point, I'd want Lyles. No idea if he'll work out but interesting player

Absolutely. Most mocks have him late teens, and I have no idea why. Guy is skilled, big, tough and a team guy. I'd have taken him over Myles Turner all day long.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Good pick by Quin and the Mormons.

ChiliConCarnage
06-25-2015, 06:56 PM
Absolutely. Most mocks have him late teens, and I have no idea why. Guy is skilled, big, tough and a team guy. I'd have taken him over Myles Turner all day long.

There we go.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 07:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Bucks will take Greieves Vasquez into space, sending a future first and second round pick to Raptors, league source tells Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614237750460612608">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 07:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Washington has traded for No. 15 and will select Kelly Oubre, sources tell Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614240998147923968">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 07:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Washington will send Atlanta the No. 19 pick tonight and two future second-round picks for Kelly Oubre, league source tell Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614241302624997376">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

SeeingRed
06-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Al Bundy is a perfect 16 for 16 so far...impressive....oh wait never mind. You are filling them in as they go. Thought u might be some sort of NBA prophet lol

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 07:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Bucks will take Greieves Vasquez into space, sending a future first and second round pick to Raptors, league source tells Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614237750460612608">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

I didn't realize space had a team

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Is that a chick or a dude who makes the bowties?

SeeingRed
06-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Al Bundy what do you think of the Knicks pick Porzingas? He looks damn impressive to me ...and seems to tower over David Stern in comparison to both Towns and Okafor. Either they aren't really 7 feet or he's about 7'2"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fjzdm1pSqjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Rudy your Rockets just got the white boy.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 07:39 PM
Al Bundy what do you think of the Knicks pick Porzingas? He looks damn impressive to me ...and seems to tower over David Stern in comparison to both Towns and Okafor. Either they aren't really 7 feet or he's about 7'2"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fjzdm1pSqjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ehhh I'm not a Knicks fan and I know nothing about the guy, except he has legs that are ultra skinny.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 07:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Knicks are trading Tim Hardaway to the Hawks, who will draft Jerian Grant for the Knicks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614246745288142849">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

SeeingRed
06-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Ehhh I'm not a Knicks fan and I know nothing about the guy, except he has legs that are ultra skinny.

ya he does got skinny legs. Somebody gotta introduce this guy with the squat rack. I don't know much about him myself, but his skills look impressive for a guy his size

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 07:45 PM
So.. that was Harvey Grant's kid.

mcaj22
06-25-2015, 07:47 PM
So.. that was Harvey Grant's kid.

do you not watch much college basketball? they only showed Harvey and Horace every 5 minutes in the stands during the tourney

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 07:49 PM
do you not watch much college basketball? they only showed Harvey and Horace every 5 minutes in the stands during the tourney

I missed most of the tournament.

BWillie
06-25-2015, 07:55 PM
Hahahaha the Kings picked Willie Cauley Stein. Hahajahjaha

First they want to trade their superstar in Cousins, next they want to fire one of the better coaches in the NBA after 30 games, and then with the 6th pick in the NBA Draft they pick Willie Cauley. Talk about a team in dysfunction

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 08:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brooklyn, Portland discussing a trade for Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Stay tuned.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614255740384112641">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 08:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cleveland is trading Tyus Jones to Minnesota, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614256502786949120">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 08:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Milutinov, a Serbian, may not be joining the Spurs next season. He plays for Partizan.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614259493128511488">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

KCCHIEFS27
06-25-2015, 08:31 PM
The Sixers are trying to be the only team in history to have an entire starting five 6'10" or taller.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 08:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In a 3 Team Trade, The <a href="https://twitter.com/ATLHawks">@ATLHawks</a> get SG Tim Hardaway Jr, The <a href="https://twitter.com/WashWizards">@WashWizards</a> gets SG Kelly Oubre Jr &amp; The <a href="https://twitter.com/nyknicks">@nyknicks</a> gets PG Jerian Grant</p>&mdash; SiriusXM NBA Radio (@SiriusXMNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/614259773362475009">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 08:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cleveland is trading Tyus Jones to Minnesota, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614256502786949120">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

I don't ****ing understand this team. Unless the play was to package one of those picks for a different trade that includes haywood.

The cavs need tyus Jones. It's a good pick for them. It would be the second year in a row they got rid of a guy they didn't need to.

KevB
06-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Martin is a talented guy for Grizz, but a bit surprised they let Hunter go by with his ability to shoot the ball.

KevB
06-25-2015, 08:47 PM
I don't ****ing understand this team. Unless the play was to package one of those picks for a different trade that includes haywood.

The cavs need tyus Jones. It's a good pick for them. It would be the second year in a row they got rid of a guy they didn't need to.

Yeah, I hoped Jones would fall one more pick to the Grizz. Weird thing is the heavy rumor was the Grizz promised Martin. I've never really understood why you'd do that. I understand the underlying logic, but at 25, what if Dekker falls? Or Oubre? Or Portis?

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 08:49 PM
R.J. Hunter was the last guy I was really interested in the Warriors drafting.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 08:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Flip Saunders just showed up <a href="https://twitter.com/508Bar">@508bar</a> to great <a href="https://twitter.com/Tyusjones06">@Tyusjones06</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBADraft2015?src=hash">#NBADraft2015</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Twolves?src=hash">#Twolves</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Groshong (@AaronGroshong) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronGroshong/status/614263081024229376">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I hoped Jones would fall one more pick to the Grizz. Weird thing is the heavy rumor was the Grizz promised Martin. I've never really understood why you'd do that. I understand the underlying logic, but at 25, what if Dekker falls? Or Oubre? Or Portis?

The Cavs desperately need a backup ball handler. They are apparently making a play for Avery Bradley or DeRozan with the haywood pick. But if you have a dirt cheap option and he's only there to play ten minutes a game, why wouldn't you just go with that? Frustrating.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 08:57 PM

Or you get somebody who is similar in the second round for a whole lot cheaper and not on a guaranteed contract.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Kevon Looney had previously left the green room.

Al Bundy
06-25-2015, 09:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love Looney to the Warriors. Hip injury may hold him back temporarily. But lottery talent there. Could be steal of the draft.</p>&mdash; Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/614265037088272384">June 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 09:01 PM
Kevon Looney had previously left the green room.

The rich get richer.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Or you get somebody who is similar in the second round for a whole lot cheaper and not on a guaranteed contract.

The Cavs aren't in a situation where they can care about cheap.

They need a guy who can play right away. They had that in Jones in a position they desperately needed.

KC_Connection
06-25-2015, 09:05 PM
You get two guys like that, you mean. Looks like a good idea to me.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 09:06 PM

Oh good. The Cavs got Cedi Osman. That's who the Cavs ****ing needed. Cedi Osman.

Good ****ing lord. How can anyone defend this piece of shit trade. This is classic Cleveland.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 09:06 PM

Well it looks like its a stash pick now with some player from Turkey. Free the cap space up.

KC_Connection
06-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Well it looks like its a stash pick now with some player from Turkey. Free the cap space up.
Even better.

RealSNR
06-25-2015, 09:08 PM
THE WOLVES GOT DA BIG PENIS.

THE CAVS GOT DA LITTLE PENIS

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Even better.

Exactly.

mcaj22
06-25-2015, 09:11 PM
was hoping Trez would get drafted on a shit team he could have a chance to get some run he will only get buried on the Rockets depth chart

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 09:13 PM

Oh good. Because when the Cavs traded for Kevin Love, their #1 priority was winning championships 3 years from now, not today.

And it's going to really free up their cap space when they walk out of this draft without a backup PG and have to pay for either a costly Haywood exception trade for a mid-range salary PG like Avery Bradley or a below average ball handler worth several mill like Mo Williams.

RealSNR
06-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Oh good. Because when the Cavs traded for Kevin Love, their #1 priority was winning championships 3 years from now, not today.

And it's going to really free up their cap space when they walk out of this draft without a backup PG and have to pay for either a costly Haywood exception trade for a mid-range salary PG like Avery Bradley or a below average ball handler worth several mill like Mo Williams.

You seem upset

CoMoChief
06-25-2015, 09:19 PM
ROFL....oh man....the Knicks. Just have to sit back and laugh.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 09:24 PM
You seem upset

No.

I was upset last year when they made that dumbass Kevin Love trade.

I am Meta world pissed that they pull this shit again.

Because... Cavs

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Cavs biggest needs by a mile... players who can contribute right away. Backup PG to keep Kyrie's minutes under 40/game. Backup SF so the game doesn't fall completely apart when Lebron leaves the game.

The Cavs take a guy who is a few year project and a Power Forward in a year where they are desperately trying to unload their logjam at PF/C. Holy ****ing shit. Only the Cavs.... And then people defend this. How?

06-25-2015, 09:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIZTnxjUYAATv_0.jpg

LMAO

Hootie
06-25-2015, 09:39 PM

LMAO
Explain? Lol

06-25-2015, 09:40 PM
No.

I was upset last year when they made that dumbass Kevin Love trade.

I am Meta world pissed that they pull this shit again.

Because... Cavs

Over Tyus Jones? ROFL

These late first rounders mean almost nothing. I was cracking up last year when people were saying LeBron was a lock to Miami because they picked dogshit Napier. Get a grip, you clown.

ChiefsCountry
06-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Explain? Lol

Lakers drafted him.

Hootie
06-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Lakers drafted him.
But what did Nance mean when he tweeted that 3 years ago?

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Over Tyus Jones? ROFL

These late first rounders mean almost nothing. I was cracking up last year when people were saying LeBron was a lock to Miami because they picked dogshit Napier. Get a grip, you clown.

Except that the hype around Napier was that he would fix the Heat's PG problem.

There is no hype around Tyus Jones. The Cavs desperately need a PG who can play 10-15 minutes a game. It is by a mile their #1 offseason need. They had it and traded it away for a guy who might not play in the NBA for 2 years and a PF on a team that has a massive logjam at the position. On a team that has a very short window to win championships.

KC_Connection
06-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Over Tyus Jones? ROFL

I don't know, I'm kind of enjoying watching him lose his shit over Tyus Jones.

KevB
06-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Sounds like the Grizz traded Jon Leuer to Suns for Andrew Harrison. I suppose they could use his size in the back court, but meh.

KC_Connection
06-25-2015, 09:56 PM

LMAO

Bahaha, gonna be awkward at that first practice.

06-25-2015, 09:58 PM
But what did Nance mean when he tweeted that 3 years ago?

Nuggets were playing the Lakers in the playoffs. Nance might have been a Nuggets fan (played ball in Wyoming) or a Lakers hater (dad played for the Suns). Nance takes a shot at Kobe for the alleged sexual assault that took place a couple hours outside of Denver in 2003. Tweet will get back to Kobe and so it's just another teammate for him to hate. Luckily he doesn't have to practice with him or anything.

RealSNR
06-25-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm not all that excited about Tyus Jones, but I guess he must be fuckballs amazing.

Great trade, Wolves!

Hootie
06-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Nuggets were playing the Lakers in the playoffs. Nance might have been a Nuggets fan (played ball in Wyoming) or a Lakers hater (dad played for the Suns). Nance takes a shot at Kobe for the alleged sexual assault that took place a couple hours outside of Denver in 2003. Tweet will get back to Kobe and so it's just another teammate for him to hate. Luckily he doesn't have to practice with him or anything.
Kobe probably demanded he be drafted so he could sabotage his career lol lol lol

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 10:02 PM
I'm not all that excited about Tyus Jones, but I guess he must be ****balls amazing.

Great trade, Wolves!

I don't know what's hard about this. The Cavs don't need an amazeball player.

They need a role playing PG who can soak up 10-15 minutes a game. It is by a mile their #1 offseason need.

I was pretty damn right about their 2 biggest needs last offseason. I'm damn right about their biggest need this offseason too.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't know, I'm kind of enjoying watching him lose his shit over Tyus Jones.

The Cavs dug their own grave when they pulled off that moronic trade for Kevin Love that didn't give them luxury to just throw away picks the way they did this year. They don't have future draft picks. They sure as shit don't have money.

RealSNR
06-25-2015, 10:07 PM
He seems nice. Really glad we got a backup PG. That was a big need coming into this draft, and I think Tyus Jones will be a great fit!

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) -
The Timberwolves acquired Minnesota-native Tyus Jones from the Cleveland Cavaliers for two second-round draft picks.

Jones, 19, was a high school legend at Apple Valley high school and helped Duke win the 2015 NCAA title his freshman season, where he was awardedthe most outstanding player of the Final Four.

"I've been watching him since he was a sophomore in high school," Wolves Head Coach Flip Saunders said.

The Cavaliers chose Jones, the Duke point-guard, with the 24th overall selection. But they shipped Jones to the Wolves for pick Nos. 31 and 36.

He joins No. 1 overall pick Karl-Anthony Towns in Minnesota and will immediately slide in as the backup to starter Ricky Rubio.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2015, 10:10 PM
He seems nice. Really glad we got a backup PG. That was a big need coming into this draft, and I think Tyus Jones will be a great fit!I like the Wolves young roster.

KC_Connection
06-25-2015, 10:11 PM
He seems nice. Really glad we got a backup PG. That was a big need coming into this draft, and I think Tyus Jones will be a great fit!
Forget Towns. Without Tyus Jones holding it all together, their draft would be nothing.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 10:12 PM

Because the Wolves identified backup PG as their most critical need this offseason.

I know you're trying to egg me on. But I could give a shit what Minnesota does with him or how much they need him. I only care that the Cavs had a specific need, Jones is a good fit for that need, and they traded him pretty much for nothing.

06-25-2015, 10:14 PM

He's got the hometown appeal of a Joel Przybilla with the added luxury of a franchise that really knows how to draft and develops PGs

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Forget Towns. Without Tyus Jones holding it all together, their draft would be nothing.

Umm... okay. Dr. Exaggeration.

mcaj22
06-25-2015, 10:17 PM
what the hell are the Sixers doing. Hinkie realizes you have to field a point guard, shooting guard and small forward that is NBA caliber not just 750 big men right?

RealSNR
06-25-2015, 10:18 PM
Because the Wolves identified backup PG as their most critical need this offseason.

I know you're trying to egg me on. But I could give a shit what Minnesota does with him or how much they need him. I only care that the Cavs had a specific need, Jones is a good fit for that need, and they traded him pretty much for nothing.

Actually, they did identify backup PG as a big need. They were rumored to be looking into trading for Vasquez prior to the draft. They knew that Lavine isn't a PG, and Lorenzo Brown looks like a Somali pirate and plays like a bag of dicks.

Also, when the Cavs get desperate later on, it would be advisable for them to not pay for Mo Williams. He was an abortion of a backup PG when Rubio went down.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Actually, they did identify backup PG as a big need. They were rumored to be looking into trading for Vasquez prior to the draft. They knew that Lavine isn't a PG, and Lorenzo Brown looks like a Somali pirate and plays like a bag of dicks.
I really don't care if Minny needed him or not. They aren't the team that traded him away.

Also, when the Cavs get desperate later on, it would be advisable for them to not pay for Mo Williams. He was an abortion of a backup PG when Rubio went down.
And now you know why I'm pissed about trading Tyus Jones away.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Any chance Anthony Bennett can do anything or that they can trade Martin?

RealSNR
06-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Any chance Anthony Bennett can do anything or that they can trade Martin?

I'd personally rather keep Anthony Bennett around instead of Adriean Payne.

Flip's not going to see it that way, though. He'll take a slightly less smelly dog turd instead of the ultra smelly dog turd that might have a diamond ring inside of it

KCCHIEFS27
06-25-2015, 10:32 PM
I really don't care if Minny needed him or not. They aren't the team that traded him away.

And now you know why I'm pissed about trading Tyus Jones away.

Uh, are you a cavs fan? If Kyrie isn't in the game then they need someone to literally dribble the ball past half court and pass it. Anybody can do that. Plus, with the money they won't be spending on Kevin Love they can find someone to do that 10-15 minute backup just fine.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Uh, are you a cavs fan? If Kyrie isn't in the game then they need someone to literally dribble the ball past half court and pass it. Anybody can do that. Plus, with the money they won't be spending on Kevin Love they can find someone to do that 10-15 minute backup just fine.

Uhh... they tried that with Dellavadova last year and it was a complete abortion. They desperately need a backup PG. It is by a mile their #1 need.

Even if the Cavs don't keep Love (and they probably will) the Cavs don't have money to throw around. The only reason they can afford to keep Love is because they have his bird rights. Their next best option is to trade Haywood for a PG which will annihilate their 2016 luxury tax.

KevB
06-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Uhh... they tried that with Dellavadova last year and it was a complete abortion. They desperately need a backup PG. It is by a mile their #1 need.

Even if the Cavs don't keep Love (and they probably will) the Cavs don't have money to throw around. The only reason they can afford to keep Love is because they have his bird rights. Their next best option is to trade Haywood for a PG which will annihilate their 2016 luxury tax.

JR Smith is available :evil:

RealSNR
06-26-2015, 12:06 AM
JR Smith is available :evil:

I'd like to see the Cavs sign Jeremy Lin just to watch chiefzilla's head explode with anger

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2015, 06:50 AM
I'd like to see the Cavs sign Jeremy Lin just to watch chiefzilla's head explode with anger

At least he'd fill a need. It is what it is. I would look at that move and say you spent 10m for a guy you only want to play 15 minutes a game. When they could have spent 1m.

kcxiv
06-26-2015, 08:41 AM
At least he'd fill a need. It is what it is. I would look at that move and say you spent 10m for a guy you only want to play 15 minutes a game. When they could have spent 1m.

The only need Lin fills is the, what the fuck was his Harvard ass thinking on that play. lol For someone so book smart, he does some really stupid shit on the court.

MotherfuckerJones
06-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Absolutely loved the Bulls pick of Bobby Portis. Much needed younger solid player at that spot. Depth for Noah who is hurt a lot plus Taj had surgery. Portis has a high motor and would've been fun to watch with Thibs. So, someone who follow Fred Hoiberg (don't know correct spelling) tell me a little about him and if it's a good move for Chicago? I'm down and have been on Chicagos FO.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2015, 12:41 PM
The only need Lin fills is the, what the **** was his Harvard ass thinking on that play. lol For someone so book smart, he does some really stupid shit on the court.

Having experienced Byron Scott, it seems like stupid shit is a reflection of the coach. I actually think Lin would do well in a true pick and roll offense and in a situation where people stopped trading him like linsanity and instead paid him and played him like the average player he is.

okcchief
06-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Cameron Payne is the guy I wanted at 14. He seems to see the court well, and I could see him getting real minutes by the end of the year. Probably needs to put on a few LBs.

mcaj22
06-26-2015, 11:25 PM
where are my Jayhawk homers at tell me about this Kelly Oubre guy.

just like the NFL the NBA is a copycat league and Id imagine the Wizards want to run more small ball lineups with Wall-Beal-Oubre-Porter. That is if the kid can even play. Anything to get Nene and his bum knees off the team.

RealSNR
06-27-2015, 12:56 AM
I liked this thread better when it was all Wolves talk :huh:

Miles
06-27-2015, 03:33 AM
I liked this thread better when it was all Wolves talk :huh:

I saw some ESPN bit with Towns earlier this week that had him playing a few random sports and that he seemed like a junkie for anything that involved physical skill. One of them was at a driving range and was really odd seeing a nearly 7 footer swing a driver with a pretty good looking swing. Can't recall how he phrased it but he also made comment about being able to hit FTs because of his skill to do whatever and focusing it with work in a way made me think it was a light jab at Okafor being awful at FTs.

I really don't watch college BB at all but this guy is going to be good.

Enough Wolves for you.

TEX
06-27-2015, 08:11 AM
The Heat did VERY WELL for themselves with Winslow at # 10.

ChiefsCountry
06-29-2015, 10:21 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HsvaQR9hKDI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KevB
06-29-2015, 10:41 AM
Suns poised to re-sign Brandon Knight for big money. Rumor is that means they'll look to shop Eric Bledsoe. Not sure why they'd look to trade a potential star like Bledsoe. A 4 guard rotation of Bledsoe, Knight, Booker and Archie Goodwin is awfully appealing for a building team.

PJ Tucker and TJ Warren as your SF, with the Morris brothers/Brandan Wright (UFA) and Alex Len down low. That's a deep, young and athletic team (not to mention Gerald Green).

RealSNR
06-29-2015, 10:55 AM
I saw some ESPN bit with Towns earlier this week that had him playing a few random sports and that he seemed like a junkie for anything that involved physical skill. One of them was at a driving range and was really odd seeing a nearly 7 footer swing a driver with a pretty good looking swing. Can't recall how he phrased it but he also made comment about being able to hit FTs because of his skill to do whatever and focusing it with work in a way made me think it was a light jab at Okafor being awful at FTs.

I really don't watch college BB at all but this guy is going to be good.

Enough Wolves for you.

No. I want more.

I'll post more Wolves stuff later today. I know that's what you all want, so I don't plan on letting you all down!

Pitt Gorilla
06-29-2015, 10:59 AM
No. I want more.

I'll post more Wolves stuff later today. I know that's what you all want, so I don't plan on letting you all down!
Love my Wolves. GIMME MOAR

ChiefsCountry
06-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Grizzlies looking into trading for Joe Johnson.

KevB
06-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Grizzlies looking into trading for Joe Johnson.

I suspect this is more about the Nets floating Johnson's name to generate interest. I don't see any way the Grizz could afford Johnson and his giant contract, even if it is just one year remaining.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Mavs gonna get Deandre Jordan

ChiefsCountry
06-29-2015, 12:02 PM
I suspect this is more about the Nets floating Johnson's name to generate interest. I don't see any way the Grizz could afford Johnson and his giant contract, even if it is just one year remaining.

Or the Griz could be making one last push this year knowing Gasol is a free agent.

the Talking Can
06-29-2015, 12:21 PM
where are my Jayhawk homers at tell me about this Kelly Oubre guy.

just like the NFL the NBA is a copycat league and Id imagine the Wizards want to run more small ball lineups with Wall-Beal-Oubre-Porter. That is if the kid can even play. Anything to get Nene and his bum knees off the team.

excellent defender with a good stroke, plus athlete but not super-freak like wiggins....has a lot of confidence...but will need a couple years to get stronger and refine game

the kind of player every team needs, but not sure he'll ever be more than the 3rd best player on a good team

Tombstone RJ
06-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Nuggets did very well...

KevB
06-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Or the Griz could be making one last push this year knowing Gasol is a free agent.

Gasol is an UFA in two days. They'll sign him to the max. They'll have big money tied up in Gasol, ZBo, Conley, Allen and Green. I can't imagine they'd be willing to take on Johnson's $24M as well.

I agree they have a shrinking window, but the $24M Johnson is feasible.

BWillie
06-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Love my Wolves. GIMME MOAR

I have still never met a Timberwolves fan, ever. I've been to Minnesota, too.

RealSNR
06-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Garnett's 99% expected to come back this year. So you know what that means...

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/06/29/karl-anthony-towns-to-mimic-kevin-garnetts-winning-ways-with-minnesota-timberwolves/29474299/

Denied a national title at the University of Kentucky, Karl-Anthony Towns has made it goal No. 1 to take a world championship at the NBA level.

This year's top draft pick said he plans to learn in particular from Kevin Garnett, a 39-year-old veteran who appears poised to return to the Minnesota Timberwolves after being dealt back to the team from the Brooklyn Nets a season ago.

"He's a living legend, and he knows how to win," Towns said at his introductory Timberwolves press conference. "...The things he's going to teach me more are, not just skill-wise and attribute-wise, but how to be a champion. He's got a ring, and I want one, too."

Garnett, during a career in which he's 15 times been named an NBA All-Star, won it all in 2008 while a member of the Boston Celtics. He's also four times led the NBA in rebounds, posting career averages of 18.2 points and 10.2 boards.

Out of his Chicago high school, Garnett went No. 5 overall to the Timberwolves in 2005.

Noted Minnesota coach Flip Saunders, sitting Friday beside Towns and fellow Minnesota selection Tyus Jones: "These guys weren't even born when I drafted Kevin Garnett."

But with Garnett poised to lead an otherwise young roster, Towns said, "I think I've stepped into a great situation."

The 6-foot-11 big man will make his next-level debut July 10 in the Las Vegas Summer League, matched up against the Los Angeles Lakers and No. 2 pick D'Angelo Russell, a Louisville native.

Timberwolves general manager Milt Newton said he anticipates Towns creating a mismatch for defenders. Since UK's 38-1 season, Towns has worked on his perimeter shot, adding to his post moves close to the basket.

"He didn't get a chance to show it at Kentucky this year, but he does have it in his arsenal," Newton said.

Towns worked out for only the Timberwolves before the draft. Perhaps he's the next Garnett for a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs since 2004.

"The process of determining the pick came pretty quick and pretty easy once we saw him develop over the course of the past season, and then we had an opportunity to see him work out," Saunders said. "Even more so, we talked to him and saw what kind of character individual he is.

"It was no question. It was clear cut who we were going to take. He's the kind of player you can build around."

O.city
06-29-2015, 04:24 PM
KG sucks dude. So do the twolves, give it up

RealSNR
06-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Who said anything about KG playing well? I know the most we'll probably be able to get out of him is 20 minutes every other game.

There aren't many vets on this team. KG is definitely needed for at least one more season until a guy like Wiggins starts to figure shit out.

06-29-2015, 04:27 PM

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/06/29/karl-anthony-towns-to-mimic-kevin-garnetts-winning-ways-with-minnesota-timberwolves/29474299/

It means KG will have some advice for the young dude.

"Wanna win a championship? Leave Minnesota."

DaKCMan AP
06-30-2015, 05:59 AM
The Heat did VERY WELL for themselves with Winslow at # 10.

Yes :D

TEX
06-30-2015, 07:17 AM
Yes :D

Dude reminds me of Clyde Drexler when he played for U of H. I think that's the type of player he'll be. I was a student at UH back in the Phi Slamma Jamma days of Olajuwon & Drexler (And Rickie Winslow). I saw all of them play a lot and Justice is better than his father was at the same age because he's more than just athletic, dude can shoot as Drexler could and knows the game, also like Clyde. I was SOOOOOO PISSED when the Rockets passed on Clyde in favor of Rodney McCray. Thus, Portland got one hell of a player when it was their pick. Same thing is gonna happen here. Miami found one hell of a player still available when they picked. Steal of the draft IMO.

dirk digler
06-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Outside of the Heat is any team stupid enough to give DWade $16 million\year?

TEX
06-30-2015, 08:02 AM
Outside of the Heat is any team stupid enough to give DWade $16 million\year?

Nope.

RustShack
06-30-2015, 08:05 AM
He will go to Cleveland for less.

mcaj22
06-30-2015, 08:44 AM
a lot of players in the "good tier" are about to all get the max

Tombstone RJ
06-30-2015, 09:25 AM

Wow, this article had me scratching my head. Garnett was drafted by the Twolves in 1995, not 2005. What a gaff by the editors of this story.

KevB
06-30-2015, 10:09 PM
Anthony Davis agrees to a 5 year, $145M contract extension. No better gig in this world than being a superstar in the NBA.

KevB
06-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Kawhi agrees to 5 year, $90M extension. Waiting for Gasol to agree with Grizz on 5 year, $110M deal soon. Just huge money getting thrown around.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 10:20 PM
He will go to Cleveland for less.

He'd have to play pretty much for free, so um, no.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Rumors that Lebron wants Dunleavy (fuck, Lebron is the worst GM in the world).

Other rumor is Cavs shopping Haywood for Splitter and Patty Mills. Now that, on the other hand, would make Cleveland an absolute powerhouse.

SAUTO
06-30-2015, 10:38 PM

Other rumor is Cavs shopping Haywood for Splitter and Patty Mills. Now that, on the other hand, would make Cleveland an absolute powerhouse.

Would that also help the Spurs in the quest for lamarcus Aldridge?

KevB
06-30-2015, 10:41 PM

I've since read that report was BS. This time of year, who knows.

KevB
06-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Would that also help the Spurs in the quest for lamarcus Aldridge?

That's the theory. That might also allow them to also keep Danny Green, but I don't think the deal is real.

-King-
06-30-2015, 10:45 PM

Is Haywoods expiring contract even big enough for teams to bother trading for it?

And Mo Williams is probably going to sign with them. Would be a very good pickup. Would be one of the top backup PGs in the league and could fill in if/when Kyrie gets hurt way better than Delly.

-King-
06-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Oh, Brendan Haywood has a 10.5 mil contract for next year.

Uh...alrighty then...

SAUTO
06-30-2015, 10:48 PM
That's the theory. That might also allow them to also keep Danny Green, but I don't think the deal is real.

It would make sense for the Spurs for sure.

Cavs need scorers.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Oh, Brendan Haywood has a 10.5 mil contract for next year.

Uh...alrighty then...

Yup. There's a reason they kept that useless bastard around! Think they have leverage to get $13-14M in trade exception for him. Even more if they package any players.

KC_Connection
06-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Rumors that Lebron wants Dunleavy (****, Lebron is the worst GM in the world).

What's wrong with Dunleavy? Shot 41% from 3 this year.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 10:59 PM
It would make sense for the Spurs for sure.

Cavs need scorers.

This is pretty much the perfect move for both teams. The Cavs don't really need Splitter, but they really, really need Mills. I would actually rather the Cavs make a play for Diaw instead of Splitter. Splitter will create a huge logjam at Center whereas Diaw could play a very valuable role of giving Lebron quality bench minutes in the regular season.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 11:04 PM
What's wrong with Dunleavy? Shot 41% from 3 this year.

Because he'll be 35
Because he's a free agent who will get a decent sized contract. The Cavs have no wiggle room whatsoever unless they are trading Haywood
Because he doesn't fit a major need
Because Lebron has been pretty much terrible with all of the moves he's orchestrated

This is just another example of Lebron going after players he likes instead of players he needs.

KC_Connection
06-30-2015, 11:08 PM
Because he'll be 35
Because he's a free agent who will get a decent sized contract. The Cavs have no wiggle room whatsoever unless they are trading Haywood
Because Lebron has been pretty much terrible with all of the moves he's orchestrated

This is just another example of Lebron going after players he likes instead of players he needs.
Good rotation players who can hit open shots would seem to fill a fairly obvious need on the Cavs roster.

KevB
06-30-2015, 11:08 PM
Because he'll be 35

Don't fret, the Cavs have also reached out to Tay Prince --- he'll fix everything. They can't possibly sign him, can they? Are they intent on signing every borderline all star small forward from 2005?

KC_Connection
06-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Don't fret, the Cavs have also reached out to Tay Prince --- he'll fix everything. They can't possibly sign him, can they? Are they intent on signing every borderline all star small forward from 2005?
Prince? I guess he could replace Marion in the player who should have retired already role.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 11:19 PM
Good rotation players who can hit open shots would seem to fill a fairly obvious need on the Cavs roster.

The Cavs were an outstanding 3 point shooting team this season. Tremendous. Losing Love and Kyrie, two elite outside shooters, will do that to you. The Cavs don't need shooters. They need to: 1) limit new payroll; 2) a backup PG; 3) player that can give Lebron a chance to rest; 3) a backup PG. Did I mention that?

What did I say they needed last year? Wing defender and a rim protector (I mentioned they needed a backup PG and "Lebron" depth too)
Lebron's track record: Love, Marion, James Jones, Mike Miller. Lobbied for Varejao contract.
Griffin's track record: Shumpert, Mozgov, JR Smith
Lebron's proposal this year: Dunleavy. Lobbying for Tristan contract
Griffin's proposal (supposedly): Splitter, Patty Mills

RealSNR
06-30-2015, 11:20 PM
The Cavs were an outstanding 3 point shooting team this season. Tremendous. Losing Love and Kyrie, two elite outside shooters, will do that to you. The Cavs don't need shooters. They need to: 1) limit new payroll; 2) a backup PG; 3) player that can give Lebron a chance to rest; 3) a backup PG. Did I mention that?

Why didn't you guys just draft Tyus Jones? That would have been an elegant solution to your backup PG problem.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 11:24 PM

At least Tayshaun Prince fills a glaring need. He can still play defense but more importantly give quality SF minutes off the bench that Marion couldn't. If the Cavs have to resort to Mo Williams and Tayshaun Prince, even though that doesn't excite me, it at least has a purpose.

KevB
06-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Why didn't you guys just draft Tyus Jones? That would have been an elegant solution to your backup PG problem.

Too soon, knife twister.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2015, 11:30 PM

It's better than the alternatives:

Do nothing and let Kyrie continue to play insane minutes
Sign shitty ass Mo Williams with money you don't have
Use Haywood exception on Patty Mills, which is going to destroy your luxury tax next year

Playing an average PG $1M to play 10-15 minutes a game to just take the ball down the court isn't such a bad play when you're in the Cavs' desperate "win now" mode.

07-01-2015, 07:06 AM
At least Tayshaun Prince fills a glaring need. He can still play defense but more importantly give quality SF minutes off the bench that Marion couldn't. If the Cavs have to resort to Mo Williams and Tayshaun Prince, even though that doesn't excite me, it at least has a purpose.

Prince is truly one of the worst players in the league

dirk digler
07-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Alot of big contracts signed last night\this morning. Looking like Lilliard is going to get a max deal of 5\$120 million

KC_Connection
07-01-2015, 07:51 AM

And yet good rotation players who can shoot remains an obvious need for them. He'd add the kind of depth they lacked all season.

What did I say they needed last year? Wing defender and a rim protector (I mentioned they needed a backup PG and "Lebron" depth too)
Lebron's track record: Love, Marion, James Jones, Mike Miller. Lobbied for Varejao contract.
Griffin's track record: Shumpert, Mozgov, JR Smith
Lebron's proposal this year: Dunleavy. Lobbying for Tristan contract
Griffin's proposal (supposedly): Splitter, Patty Mills
So Griffin gets credit for every move of his that worked out and LeBron gets the blame for every move that didn't. Ah yes, I see how it is. LMAO

DaKCMan AP
07-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Dragic re-ups with Miami, 5 yrs $90mil. PBJ

Player option after 4th year and $18 mil less than max.

-King-
07-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Dunleavy back with the Bulls

07-01-2015, 08:17 AM

He's not that good

KC_Connection
07-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Dunleavy back with the Bulls
One less thing LeBron can be blamed for, I guess.

dirk digler
07-01-2015, 08:37 AM

So is Wade going to return at $16-20 million per year? I can't imagine any team giving him that kind of money besides the Heat.

DaKCMan AP
07-01-2015, 08:46 AM
So is Wade going to return at $16-20 million per year? I can't imagine any team giving him that kind of money besides the Heat.

Don't know. He's def. not worth it. We'll see. I hope they can maintain some 2016 flexibility.

KevB
07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Danny Green back to the Spurs for 4/$45M, could have gotten more elsewhere for sure. Hell, Bucks gave Middleton 5/$70M. Same old Spurs, they've got some black magic voodoo down there.

Spurs also trade Splitter to Hawks, apparently freeing up max room for Aldridge. They're soon to be the favorites to win it all in 2016.

LMA/Duncan/Kawhi/Green/Parker

Manu/Diaw/Baynes/Mills/Corey Joseph/Kyle Anderson

Ridiculous.

KevB
07-01-2015, 10:05 AM
DeMarre Carroll to the Raps, nice get for them. 4/$60M

RealSNR
07-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Danny Green back to the Spurs for 4/$45M, could have gotten more elsewhere for sure. Hell, Bucks gave Middleton 5/$70M. Same old Spurs, they've got some black magic voodoo down there.

Spurs also trade Splitter to Hawks, apparently freeing up max room for Aldridge. They're soon to be the favorites to win it all in 2016.

LMA/Duncan/Kawhi/Green/Parker

Manu/Diaw/Baynes/Mills/Corey Joseph/Kyle Anderson

Ridiculous.

Got a lot of big ol' women down there in San Antonio

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2015, 10:14 AM
And yet good rotation players who can shoot remains an obvious need for them. He'd add the kind of depth they lacked all season.
If that had a gazillion dollars, sure. They have almost no cap space. And if I'm deciding between a backup point guard and a shooter? You bet your ass I'm asking for a point guard. A backup for lebron or a shooter? Backup small forward. By a mile in both cases.

So Griffin gets credit for every move of his that worked out and LeBron gets the blame for every move that didn't. Ah yes, I see how it is. LMAO

It's no secret that LeBron lobbied for love, Marion, Miller, and Jones. That is an absolute fact. It's no secret he lobbied hard to keep Varejao. When the Shumpert, smith, mozgov trades were made they were widely believed to be griffins. LeBron gave the okay, but it's not the same as LeBron publicly lobbying for these guys as he did the group above.

You seriously have no ability to be critical of lbj whatsoever. It's pretty impressive. Tremendous player but had a history of lobbying for bad personnel moves.

07-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Hilarious that Kobe blew it again. He's a terrible recruiter. Probably telling LMA that he needs to teach him how to win. LA needs him to GTFO

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 10:29 AM
I was excited for LA to go to LA wtf

dirk digler
07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
I was excited for LA to go to LA wtf

He hasn't made his decision yet but you have to figure if he is going to get the same amount of money in SA as LA you have to go to SA so you can win.

-King-
07-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Hilarious that Kobe blew it again. He's a terrible recruiter. Probably telling LMA that he needs to teach him how to win. LA needs him to GTFO

How did he blow it? Of course the Spurs are the logical choice lol.

07-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Because regardless of logical choice, Woj reported that LMA was unimpressed by LA pitch. I trust Woj's reporting and I also trust that nobody wants to play with Bryant for a year

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 10:39 AM
He hasn't made his decision yet but you have to figure if he is going to get the same amount of money in SA as LA you have to go to SA so you can win.

LA would win with him too though

07-01-2015, 10:41 AM

In the same way LMA won with Portland.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 10:42 AM
In the same way LMA won with Portland.

No.

07-01-2015, 10:44 AM
No.

LMA does not make LA a contender. He's not that type of guy.

Sassy Squatch
07-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Isn't the tax rate in California a hell of a lot higher than Texas? Might be a factor too.

-King-
07-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Because regardless of logical choice, Woj reported that LMA was unimpressed by LA pitch. I trust Woj's reporting and I also trust that nobody wants to play with Bryant for a year

It's almost like people don't want to play for a team that won 21 games last year with a 36 year old superstar who has had knee and Achilles injuries the past two years.

Shocking.

dirk digler
07-01-2015, 10:47 AM

I disagree. If he went to SA they would be the odds on favorites to win it all next year.

Deberg_1990
07-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Spurs CHAMPIONSHIP #6!!
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13
07-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Isn't the tax rate in California a hell of a lot higher than Texas? Might be a factor too.

Texas has no state income tax. I don't know what California's is, but I imagine it's pretty high for someone about to make as much money as he is.

Al Bundy
07-01-2015, 11:00 AM
I'd be surprised if Green leaves Golden State. Warriors 2016 champs

07-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Spurs CHAMPIONSHIP #6!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Not gonna happen

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 11:05 AM
It's almost like people don't want to play for a team that won 21 games last year with a 36 year old superstar who has had knee and Achilles injuries the past two years.

Shocking.

Let's be honest the whole Nash Howard thing pretty much destroyed Kobes chances of getting anyone.

It didn't exactly work well with Malone and Payton either.

-King-
07-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Let's be honest the whole Nash Howard thing pretty much destroyed Kobes chances of getting anyone.

Dwight Howard is in a level of soft no NBA player has ever touched. It's not surprising he couldn't handle Kobe. And not surprised Nash didn't work out. An oft injured 35 year old playing with an oft injured 36 year old isn't a good plan for a team.

How about Pau? Lakers got him and he and Kobe went to 3 finals and won 2 rings.

It's less to do with Kobe as a person and more to do with the fact that if you choose to go there, your winning window is extremely small, especially in the west. Choosing between the Lakers and Spurs when they're offering the same amount of money is easy.

Hootie
07-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Dwight Howard is in a level of soft no NBA player has ever touched. It's not surprising he couldn't handle Kobe. And not surprised Nash didn't work out. An oft injured 35 year old playing with an oft injured 36 year old isn't a good plan for a team.

How about Pau? Lakers got him and he and Kobe went to 3 finals and won 2 rings.

It's less to do with Kobe as a person and more to do with the fact that if you choose to go there, your winning window is extremely small, especially in the west. Choosing between the Lakers and Spurs when they're offering the same amount of money is easy.

Oh it has plenty to do with Kobe as a person. But you are right, no one in their right mind would choose LAL over SAS even if you throw out the Kobe Bryant factor.

Hootie
07-01-2015, 12:01 PM

well Kobe was SO OBSESSED with being alpha dog he never wanted to win again unless he was the unquestioned alpha

so while Kobe was the better player during the Pau years, he wasn't the more valuable player (as myself, others, and the LA Times all pointed out)

-King-
07-01-2015, 12:09 PM
well Kobe was SO OBSESSED with being alpha dog he never wanted to win again unless he was the unquestioned alpha

so while Kobe was the better player during the Pau years, he wasn't the more valuable player (as myself, others, and the LA Times all pointed out)

LMAO

Hootie
07-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Just saying. I'm the guy who was defending Kobe and his WELL EARNED CONTRACT the national media likes to bash. Kobe shouldn't give a dime back, and should play in LA for the Lakers on a max contract until the day he wants to retire. If he wants to come back and play another 2 after this year, he should get another 2 year max deal. He has earned it, and some, for that franchise.

But that said, the Lakers aren't going ANYWHERE until Kobe is done. No star will want to play with him. Won't happen. If I'm a Lakers fan, I hope this is "Kobe Bryant's going away tour" this year, he plays 70 games or so, and everyone can pay their respects to his hall of fame career and then their true rebuild can begin in 2017.

ChiefsCountry
07-01-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm penbrooking one.

Kevin Love is back with the Cavs.

dirk digler
07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Butler is coming back to the Bulls for the max of 5 years and $95 million

penbrook
07-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm penbrooking one.

Kevin Love is back with the Cavs.

Looks like Tristan Thompson is back as well

07-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Looks like Tristan Thompson is back as well

$80 million

Yikes.

Hootie
07-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Unrestricted free agent LaMarcus Aldridge and Kobe Bryant "didn't quite gel" at their meeting.
LMA reportedly "didn't quite get answers from Kobe we was seeking." The Lakers have a lot of attractive parts of their franchise, but it's really going to be hard to convince free agents to sign there with Kobe's $25 million on the books this upcoming season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Hootie
07-01-2015, 03:14 PM
"So, LaMarcus ... I'm going to be the leader, and take every shot I feel like taking, and if I miss a bunch, and the going gets tough, I'm just going to blame you and make sure the LA media knows you're the reason we're losing. Cool?"

tk13
07-01-2015, 03:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kobe spoke for about three minutes in the presentation, said he envisioned LaMarcus Aldridge working with him the same way Pau Gasol did.</p>&mdash; Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/616349177946083328">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

mcaj22
07-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Phoenix Suns....LOL fire your GM

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2015, 03:41 PM
$80 million

Yikes.

I know Dan Gilbert gets a lot of shit, but credit him for one thing... the guy spends money on his team. The moves they're making may not hurt their salary cap but by next year, he's going to take a massive luxury tax haircut.

07-01-2015, 03:50 PM
I know Dan Gilbert gets a lot of shit, but credit him for one thing... the guy spends money on his team. The moves they're making may not hurt their salary cap but by next year, he's going to take a massive luxury tax haircut.

But Thompson isn't good. Not on offense, not on defense. He does one thing well. They just spent $80 million on this generation's Kevin Willis

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-01-2015, 03:53 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kobe spoke for about three minutes in the presentation, said he envisioned LaMarcus Aldridge working with him the same way Pau Gasol did.</p>&mdash; Mike Bresnahan (@Mike_Bresnahan) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/616349177946083328">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

:LOL:

07-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Lololol

ohiobronco2
07-01-2015, 03:59 PM
:LOL:

Apparently nobody wants to play with Arrow's boyfriend. LMAO

ohiobronco2
07-01-2015, 04:01 PM

Dan Gilbert has made one mistake. I'm happy he owns the Cavs, he loves Cleveland and is not afraid to spend money. LMAO Green breaks off talks with GS. Curious to see what Cavs get from Haywood contract.

KC_Connection
07-01-2015, 04:11 PM
If that had a gazillion dollars, sure. They have almost no cap space. And if I'm deciding between a backup point guard and a shooter? You bet your ass I'm asking for a point guard. A backup for lebron or a shooter? Backup small forward. By a mile in both cases.
Somehow I don't think Gilbert has an issue spending the money. Dunleavy wouldn't have stopped them from doing anything.

It's no secret that LeBron lobbied for love, Marion, Miller, and Jones. That is an absolute fact. It's no secret he lobbied hard to keep Varejao.
I don't doubt it. I also don't doubt that he backed all the moves that you claim to be good (and that you at the same time rather conveniently claim to be solely Griffin's responsibility).

You seriously have no ability to be critical of lbj whatsoever. It's pretty impressive. Tremendous player but had a history of lobbying for bad personnel moves.
LeBron James is one of the smartest basketball minds we've ever seen in this league. If he still wants to work in the NBA when his career is over down the line, I'd gladly take him in my favorite team's front office (hell, it certainly couldn't be worse than what they've got right now).

In any case, Griffin apparently has a great gig going. He gets the praise for all the moves that work out, while he apparently can dump the responsibility onto a scapegoat for all the rest. So how are we going to categorize the Love/TT signings? Are they ultimately on Griffin or LeBron? Of course, maybe we should just wait to do this until we have the benefit of hindsight like with all the others.

KC_Connection
07-01-2015, 04:19 PM
DeMarre Carroll to the Raps, nice get for them. 4/$60M
If you like overpaying guys who were NBA castaways for most of their career until they fell into the right system. He fills a hole, but it's still maybe the worst signing that team has made since Hedo Turkoglu in '09 and seals their fate as a treadmill team for the next 3-5 years (especially if DeRozan sticks around).

It's a shame too because they were so close to rebuilding the right way a couple of years ago before Lowry got very good out of nowhere. At this point, playoffs are the expectations with the fans/media and they have to do anything and everything to stay there. Would not surprise me if Wes Matthews was next up.

thabear04
07-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Butler is coming back to the Bulls for the max of 5 years and $95 million

Yup I'm happy Jimmy stayed with the Bulls.

dirk digler
07-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Reportedly Aldridge has ruled out the Lakers

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Somehow I don't think Gilbert has an issue spending the money. Dunleavy wouldn't have stopped them from doing anything.
Um, yes it would have. The Cavs can afford a lot of their moves because they own the Bird rights. They can afford, say, Splitter and Mills because of Haywood's trade exception. They have almost no room to add true free agents.

I don't doubt it. I also don't doubt that he backed all the moves that you claim to be good (and that you at the same time rather conveniently claim to be solely Griffin's responsibility).
Again... there is a clear link toward Lebron lobbying for Marion, Miller, James Jones, and KLove. Find me a single link that says he lobbied for the other trades, other than "they checked with him and he was okay with it."

LeBron James is one of the smartest basketball minds we've ever seen in this league. If he still wants to work in the NBA when his career is over down the line, I'd gladly take him in my favorite team's front office (hell, it certainly couldn't be worse than what they've got right now).
Being a great basketball mind does not make you a good GM. Or personnel guy. See Michael Jordan.

In any case, Griffin apparently has a great gig going. He gets the praise for all the moves that work out, while he apparently can dump the responsibility onto a scapegoat for all the rest. So how are we going to categorize the Love/TT signings? Are they ultimately on Griffin or LeBron? Of course, maybe we should just wait to do this until we have the benefit of hindsight like with all the others.
TT was a Lebron signing. They share the same agent and Lebron went on the record saying he wants him back
Love was a Lebron trade and a Gilbert re-signing. Love signed because Gilbert agreed to pay way above the cap to get him. Unlike Dunleavy, Love has bird rights.

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2015, 04:40 PM
But Thompson isn't good. Not on offense, not on defense. He does one thing well. They just spent $80 million on this generation's Kevin Willis

Thompson is a good player. Would i have paid him that much? No. But with the Bird rights, that's a Gilbert issue, not a cap issue. Not sure where you're getting that he's not good on offense or defense. He's not exceptional at either, but he's not a liability on either side. But he's also an exceptional rebounder and a big reason for the Cavs' playoff success. He completely manhandled defenses on the offensive boards.

Al Bundy
07-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Green and the Warriors have broken off talks.

KevB
07-01-2015, 04:44 PM
If you like overpaying guys who were NBA castaways for most of their career until they fell into the right system. He fills a hole, but it's still maybe the worst signing that team has made since Hedo Turkoglu in '09 and seals their fate as a treadmill team for the next 3-5 years (especially if DeRozan sticks around).

It's a shame too because they were so close to rebuilding the right way a couple of years ago before Lowry got very good out of nowhere. At this point, playoffs are the expectations with the fans/media and they have to do anything and everything to stay there. Would not surprise me if Wes Matthews was next up.

If he plays as well as he has the last couple of years, it's not out of bounds based on where contracts are going. That said, he's a nice complement, not a top 2 player on a championship team. Still need to find those guys.

07-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Thompson is a good player. Would i have paid him that much? No. But with the Bird rights, that's a Gilbert issue, not a cap issue. Not sure where you're getting that he's not good on offense or defense. He's not exceptional at either, but he's not a liability on either side. But he's also an exceptional rebounder and a big reason for the Cavs' playoff success. He completely manhandled defenses on the offensive boards.

He's trash in offense, below average on defense. I understand it's not a cap problem, but winning a championship with Tristan Thompson as a starter is a major problem.

KevB
07-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Grizz get Brandan Wright, 3/$18M. That's good value, and he'll replace Koufos, who I believe wants to go somewhere he'll get more time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brandan Wright at the full mid-level is a steal.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/616377040024027136">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

KevB
07-01-2015, 04:48 PM
He's trash in offense, below average on defense. I understand it's not a cap problem, but winning a championship with Tristan Thompson as a starter is a major problem.

Below average on defense? GSW probably begs to differ. He'll be part of a big rotation for the Cavs.

07-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Below average on defense? GSW probably begs to differ. He'll be part of a big rotation for the Cavs.

Draymond Green and his scrub skills do not make Tristan Thompson a good defender. Call him average, I don't care, but he's not a plus defender.