PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Just How Bad Are the Chiefs at Drafting?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Apparently not bad at all. In fact, only 1 team has drafted more pro bowlers in the last ten years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498924/article/dallas-cowboys-have-drafted-most-pro-bowlers-in-last-decade

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Ugh. Flop, you're better than that.

Pro Bowls mean nothing. It's a glorified fan contest. Fans are fucking morons for the most part. Not to mention, there are a lot of 4th/5th choices playing due to injuries, etc.

Now, if you tell me only one team had drafted more All Pros, you have my attention.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 04:31 PM
We're fine at drafting most positions.

We're not good at drafting QBs or OL.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2015, 04:41 PM

Pro Bowls mean nothing. It's a glorified fan contest. Fans are fucking morons for the most part. Not to mention, there are a lot of 4th/5th choices playing due to injuries, etc.

Now, if you tell me only one team had drafted more All Pros, you have my attention.

While I agree, the only bullshit player listed is McCluster. The rest are bona fide studs. That said, how many playoff wins do we have to show for it? That's the point of the thread to me.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Worse part is we waste the top 2 rounds on shit or non impact players... Drafting OL in the top first 2 rounds will keep you a bottom 5 franchise...

And the fact that we cant draft a QB says all you need to know about the Chiefs.

notorious
06-30-2015, 04:46 PM
And the fact that we cant draft a QB says all you need to know about the Chiefs.

What about what's his name, and that other guy?!

R8RFAN
06-30-2015, 04:50 PM

You did a great job with that Hudson guy

RunKC
06-30-2015, 04:56 PM
The Chiefs biggest problem all these years by far has been coaching.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 05:00 PM

Over QB play? No fucking way.

Bob Dole
06-30-2015, 05:02 PM

Tough to draft a QB when there isn't a sure thing there.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 05:05 PM

Too risky. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990

Ive said this alot, but since the 83 draft, the Chiefs havent really passed on too many 1st round QBs who turned out to be stars.

Aaron Rodgers is about the only one who comes to mind.

They have been completely unlucky with timing when they had a high 1st round draft pick.

srvy
Worse part is we waste the top 2 rounds on shit or non impact players... Drafting OL in the top first 2 rounds will keep you a bottom 5 franchise...

But if you draft good OL other player have impact. Except for LT most OL positions go unnoticed by most fans.

I dont mind drafting OL early but they better be damn good damn fast.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Ive said this alot, but since the 83 draft, the Chiefs havent really passed on too many 1st round QBs who turned out to be stars.

All QBs count, not just first rounders.

Too many fails and I'm tired of the excuses.

There are no perfect prospects. Fucking try.

Deberg_1990
06-30-2015, 05:12 PM

There are no perfect prospects. ****ing try.

Wrong

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Wrong

Bullshit dude, and you know it.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 05:22 PM

And these type of comments are what keep this franchise bottom 5 for the better part of its franchise history.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2015, 05:26 PM
Dorsey is pretty good, and will be better when he convinces Reid to cut the cord.

Deberg_1990
06-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Bullshit dude, and you know it.

So we should have drafted guys like JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey and Tim Tebow just because?

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 05:36 PM
So we should have drafted guys like JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey and Tim Tebow just because?

If you think the Chiefs were right to pass on guys like Joe Flacco, you're brain dead.

Deberg_1990
06-30-2015, 05:37 PM
If you think the Chiefs were right to pass on guys like Joe Flacco, you're brain dead.

No. But Thanks. He was another one the Chiefs could have drafted. But for the most part, the guys they passed on in the first, they were right to do so.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2015, 05:38 PM
No. But Thanks. He was another one the Chiefs could have drafted. But for the most part, the guys they passed on in the first, they were right to do so.

Hindsight is 9/7.

BossChief
06-30-2015, 06:01 PM

Pro Bowls mean nothing. It's a glorified fan contest. Fans are ****ing morons for the most part. Not to mention, there are a lot of 4th/5th choices playing due to injuries, etc.

Now, if you tell me only one team had drafted more All Pros, you have my attention. Guys that have played at an all pro level for us at times, that we drafted the last 10 years...

Houston
Poe
DJ
Berry
Charles
Hali

Guys I think have that kind of potential

Kelce
Peters

I don't think I'm being a homer in saying that, am I?

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Were they named all pro?

lewdog
06-30-2015, 06:11 PM
I'd rather win playoff games instead of stacking the Pro Bowl.

BossChief
06-30-2015, 06:21 PM

I totally agree.

If Alex doesn't back up my predictions, I'm gonna be first in line to draft a QB early next year.

lewdog
06-30-2015, 06:22 PM
I totally agree.

If Alex doesn't back up my predictions, I'm gonna be first in line to draft a QB early next year.

Which QB would you like us to draft?

Otter
06-30-2015, 06:22 PM
No. But Thanks. He was another one the Chiefs could have drafted. But for the most part, the guys they passed on in the first, they were right to do so. And then trade high round draft picks to successful teams and sign them to huge contracts for guys taken in the 6th and 7th round once the good teams are done with them and bend them over like a used car salesman in a plaid suit? Guys like, oh, Trent Green, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassell, Steve Bono, Joe Montana...</br></br>Dude, the Chiefs don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to at least trying with QBs. Not really putting a whole lot of effort into this argument for obvious reasons but please don't try and defend the Chiefs for how they've handled the QB position.

KCUnited
06-30-2015, 06:24 PM
I totally agree.

Signed every post Green season.

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Everywhere but WR and QB they are pretty solid drafters. Had a bad run on DL for a while but they have made up for it lately.

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 07:18 PM

We could be like the Browns and keep reaching for QBs in the first round. That franchise has had tons of success "trying".

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:21 PM
We could be like the Browns and keep reaching for QBs in the first round. That franchise has had tons of success "trying".

Other teams don't enter into it.

We should start doing it, because what we're doing is GUARANTEED TO FAIL.

Rausch
06-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Guys that have played at an all pro level for us at times, that we drafted the last 10 years...

Houston
Poe
DJ
Berry
Charles
Hali

Guys I think have that kind of potential

Kelce
Peters

I don't think I'm being a homer in saying that, am I?

How many were drafted by Dorsey/Reid?...

jonzie04
06-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Were they named all pro?

Yes to every guy he mentioned. As well as Sherman, and bowe in 2010.

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 07:30 PM

Building a bad ass defense with a stud rb in a conservative offense. That hasn't worked out for Seattle the last couple years.

jonzie04

How many 1st and second year players are named all pro? Lol but if you'll put the time in I'm sure you will find quite a few all pro Eagles andys drafted, and quite a few Dorsey drafted while with gb. Including Rogers.

staylor26

Well seeing as they've only had two years to develop their draft picks that question isn't quite fair. Kelce and Peters will be. Ford very well could be. Gaines will be if he reaches his potential. Conley has a shot with his upside and intelligence.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Building a bad ass defense with a stud rb in a conservative offense. That hasn't worked out for Seattle the last couple years.

The QB is 75% of their offense.

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 07:32 PM

We are only in year three with the new regime. That is an unfair question. Although Travis Kelce is trending towards all pro status.

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 07:34 PM

:LOL: Please do enlightened me in detail how Russell Wilson is carrying that offense and not Marshawn Lynch.

Rams Fan
06-30-2015, 07:39 PM

Sorry, but drafting a QB for the sake of drafting a QB is bullshit.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Please do enlightened me in detail how Russell Wilson is carrying that offense and not Marshawn Lynch.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Sorry, but drafting a QB for the sake of drafting a QB is bullshit.

You know what's bullshit?

You want to see a picture?

Scroll down.

http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/KC/Arrowhead-Index-Header-970x300.jpg

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2015, 07:41 PM

LMAO

Rams Fan
06-30-2015, 07:43 PM
You know what's bullshit?

You want to see a picture?

Scroll down.

Please name one team who took a QB in the 1st round for the sake of drafting a QB and won a SB from 2000-now.

Rausch
06-30-2015, 07:44 PM
We are only in year three with the new regime. That is an unfair question. Although Travis Kelce is trending towards all pro status.

It's not an unfair question at all.

It's only unfair because KC hasn't had many rookies or second year players have much impact...

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Please name one team who took a QB in the 1st round for the sake of drafting a QB and won a SB from 2000-now.

The Baltimore Ravens, if you ask me. They pulled the trigger on a guy who was nowhere near the top end of the draft board a month before the draft and hey presto...SUPER BOWL MOTHERFUCKER.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:46 PM
LMAO

it's fucking true

do some math, musical genious

Pasta Little Brioni
06-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Chiefs are loaded

notorious
06-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Did I just see a nOOb troll Clay?!

notorious
06-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Chiefs are loaded

Yes, yes they are.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Chiefs are loaded

Like a teen slut on prom night.

About to go down.

Rams Fan
06-30-2015, 07:50 PM
The Baltimore Ravens, if you ask me. They pulled the trigger on a guy who was nowhere near the top end of the draft board a month before the draft and hey presto...SUPER BOWL MOTHER****ER.

Flacco was projected as an early 2nd rounder, correct?

Rausch
06-30-2015, 07:50 PM

No one takes one just to take one.

You take one because of 1) Need and 2) Talent.

Yes, KC has a need.

Unfortunately the talent part has been lacking the last few years...

staylor26
06-30-2015, 07:52 PM

It's only unfair because KC hasn't had many rookies or second year players have much impact...

JFC you really expect draft picks to be all-pros in year 1 & 2? ROFL

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 07:52 PM

Alex Smith was 66% of KC's offense and Russel Wilson was actually 68.8% of Seattle's. And that's with Smith playing in 1 less game than Wilson so in reality Smith has a higher % per game.

Nice try though.

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 07:56 PM

It's a very unfair question. Most of our 2013 draft class has dealt with injuries/illnesses in their short career. That's not on the regime.

Rausch
06-30-2015, 07:57 PM
JFC you really expect draft picks to be all-pros in year 1 & 2? ROFL

Did I say Al pro?

Pretty sure I said impact.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Alex Smith was 66% of KC's offense and Russel Wilson was actually 68.8% of Seattle's. And that's with Smith playing in 1 less game than Wilson so in reality Smith has a higher % per game.

Nice try though.

Sorry, looks like I was misinformed.

Point stands, though.

When your QB is rushing for almost 900 yards he's the driving force in the offense.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 08:06 PM
After the infamous Eric Fisher stupid fat fuck life loser celebration gif, I learned you can never discuss draft picks with this fanbase.

I hope those two fat fucks die of ebolaids.

mcaj22
06-30-2015, 08:12 PM

didn't the Packers do just that with Aaron Rodgers?

notorious
06-30-2015, 08:13 PM
After the infamous Eric Fisher stupid fat **** life loser celebration gif, I learned you can never discuss draft picks with this fanbase.

I hope those two fat ****s die of ebolaids.

Dude, I am still shocked that that actually happened. I said in another thread that roughly 70% of this fanbase needs to be euthanized.

lewdog
06-30-2015, 08:16 PM
Dude, I am still shocked that that actually happened. I said in another thread that roughly 70% of this fanbase needs to be euthanized.

Holy shit dude. Marcellus and Boss Chief were those guys! Don't wish that on them.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 08:19 PM

You would have more success trying to **** a bobcat in the phone booth, than discussing QBs, playoffs and championships with a fanbase that believes RGs is the key to 9-7 and Hope.

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2015, 08:20 PM
After the infamous Eric Fisher stupid fat fuck life loser celebration gif, I learned you can never discuss draft picks with this fanbase.

I hope those two fat fucks die of ebolaids.
You wouldn't know a draft choice from your own asshole.

There is literally no one that spouts off drunken, ill-formed, racist hyperbole like you do on an everyday basis.

You've long surpassed Smed as the biggest alcoholic numbskull to ever participate at ChiefsPlanet.

Kudos.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 08:22 PM
You wouldn't know a draft choice from your own asshole.

There is literally no one that spouts off drunken, ill-formed, racist hyperbole like you do on an everyday basis.

You've long surpassed Smed as the biggest alcoholic numbskull to ever participate at ChiefsPlanet.

Kudos.

:LOL:

Thanks Dane. Glad to see you back to your old self.

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Holy shit dude. Marcellus and Boss Chief were those guys! Don't wish that on them.

I never supported the Fisher pick, seems you may be closer in line for the needle.

RunKC
06-30-2015, 08:23 PM

You're going to find out about Eric Fisher, Dee Ford, Phillip Gaines, Eric Kush, Sanders Commings and Mike Catapano this year.

It's completely fair to say that Kelce, Davis and DAT were fantastic picks.

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 08:27 PM
:LOL:

Thanks Dane.

You have gone of the deep end of ridiculous bullshit for some time now for no real reason.

You can't help but post negative shit in every single football thread even when most aren't even Chiefs related. Its fairly pathetic.

staylor26
06-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Did I say Al pro?

Pretty sure I said impact.

The discussion began with you asking what all-pros have Reid/Dorsey drafted.

Kelce, DAT, Davis , Wilson and Gaines haven't had an impact?

What about guys like Smith, Sherman, Howard, Parker, Abdullah, Coleman, Cooper & McKnight (fun while it lasted) that they brought in and had an impact with a good price tag?

Maclin and Grubbs will certainly have an impact. As should Branch.

Ford will have an impact with more playing time and a year under his belt. Fisher should be much better after finally having an off-season to get bigger and stronger.

Peters should have an impact from day 1.

Kush could have a huge impact (already is as the leader of the o-line according to player/coach interviews)

Dorsey/Reid are doing a good job in that department. You're a ****ing idiot if you think otherwise.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 08:29 PM
You have gone of the deep end of ridiculous bullshit for some time now for no real reason.

You can't help but post negative shit in every single football thread even when most aren't even Chiefs related. Its fairly pathetic.

People don't like facts. It's the way it is here.

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 08:36 PM

Dude you know you aren't posting facts you are posting your twisted opinion

You arent talking facts most of the time. You know this.

Saccopoo
06-30-2015, 08:43 PM
I totally agree.

Absolutely, but you don't draft a QB just to draft a QB.

Jimmy Clausen, Mark Sanchez...these are the guys that the CP QB collective were jumping up and down for.

I'm not adding Geno Smith to that list because:

Rex is gone.

Chan Gailey is his new offensive coordinator, and:

He threw six touchdown passes and three interceptions in the last six weeks of the 2014 season. His completion percentage in those games was 65.7 percent, which would place him in the top-10 in the league if he could do that over the course of a regular season. Over the last four weeks, Smith went 2-2 and threw for 358 yards, three scores and no picks in a 37-24 victory over Miami in the season finale.

I think Geno is going to have a solid 2014.

They missed on Flacco but most Chiefs fans would have gone absolutely freaking ape shit if the Chiefs passed on Glenn Dorsey and drafted Flacco. Nearly every single dude here was jerking themselves into a frenzy because the Chiefs drafted Dorsey. Most guys around here didn't have a ****ing clue who Flacco was anyway.

Other than that, what first round talent did they pass on?

And Dorsey hasn't let the position sit. He traded for Smith. He brought in Daniel. He signed Bray. He drafted Murray. John Dorsey has addressed the QB position more aggressively than any KC regime that I can remember. And I'm pretty sure he's going to have zero qualms about pulling the trigger on a dude at the position early if he feels that the player warrants the pick.

I have no doubts that Smith will have a good year. He's got the talent at the skill positions now. He's got a defense that he can fall back on. And I firmly believe that the offensive line is going to be solid - solid enough for him to feel substantially more comfortable behind than he has any time in the past two seasons.

The Chiefs should be the team that other teams don't want to play. They beat both Super Bowl teams. They've got one of, if not the, premiere nose tackle in the NFL today sandwiched by a 22 sack dude and one of the most relentless pass rushers in the league. They've got one of the most dangerous special teams units in the league. Back to back winning seasons. It's time.

Chiefs are going to wreck shit this year. If they don't, it comes down to two dudes - Smith and Reid.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Dude you know you aren't posting facts you are posting your twisted opinion

You arent talking facts most of the time. You know this.

Of course Marcellus, no one twists facts here.

Some people don't like facts and will try and discredit the poster vs discussing the facts.

Like Reids 4-10 record after Nov 15.

Or Smiths inability to lead this team on the field.

Or that we havent beaten Denver in the last 4 games.

Or the we can't sack Manning or stop CJ Anderson after 10days of rest.

There are plenty of facts people don't want to hear or like. Bringing them up pisses people off.

Or the fact that we havent drafted a QB and continue to try the same approach decade after decade without much success.

And BTW you don't have to be lonely at farmers only .com.

notorious
06-30-2015, 08:50 PM
Chiefs have not beat Denver in the last 6 games, bro.

2-8 vs them the last 5 years, and yes, 2 of those years were the Tebow teams.

threebag
06-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Who is the Fucking Idiot that supported Geno and all his awesomeness over Alex Smith... Fucking idiot.

Psyko Tek
06-30-2015, 08:52 PM
:LOL: Please do enlightened me in detail how Russell Wilson is carrying that offense and not Marshawn Lynch.

because pete carol is an idiot

and threw the ball on the last play of the superbowl

I hates offensive geniouses

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 08:54 PM

Why don't you just put water in my fuel next time?

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Of course Marcellus, no one twists facts here.

Some people don't like facts and will try and discredit the poster vs discussing the facts.

Like Reids 4-10 record after Nov 15.

Or Smiths inability to lead this team on the field.

Or that we haven't beaten Denver in the last 4 games.

Or the we can't sack Manning or stop CJ Anderson after 10days of rest.

There are plenty of facts people don't want to hear or like. Bringing them up pisses people off.

Or the fact that we haven't drafted a QB and continue to try the same approach decade after decade without much success.

And BTW you don't have to be lonely at farmers only .com.

All of your "facts" involve a narrative and do not involve context.

Nor do your self selected facts require bitching about Alex Smith in a thread about a Denver Bronco getting arrested.

I have watched this team and its failures as long as you have and don't go on bitching rampages in every thread about anything football or not football related. Are you just trying to impress people with your ability to complain more than others?

And BTW there are facts like Reid having the first back to back winning seasons in 10 years plus or Jamaal Charles being an epic HOF player, or the Chiefs having the #2 pass defense last year and giving up the fewest big plays etc..... you can also discuss.

Or you can constantly bitch like an old woman.

Pick your poison and enjoy your life how you want. I prefer to enjoy what I can and not focus on being a whiny bitch 24/7. Dont get me wrong I will get mad as hell after a dumb loss and have to recover from the funk of a shitty Monday and be overly moody because my Chiefs lost a game they shouldn't have. But I wont hold onto it like a tattoo and find reasons to keep it all scabbed up and fresh for years on end.

And before you tell me that's not you and I don't know you as a person, you may be right but that's you on CP. You used to be alright and now you are just a douche for the most part.

My $.02

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 09:11 PM
I'mAll of your "facts" involve a narrative and do not involve context.

Nor do your self selected facts require bitching about Alex Smith in a thread about a Denver Bronco getting arrested.

I have watched this team and its failures as long as you have and don't go on bitching rampages in every thread about anything football or not football related. Are you just trying to impress people with your ability to complain more than others?

And BTW there are facts like Reid having the first back to back winning seasons in 10 years plus or Jamaal Charles being an epic HOF player, or the Chiefs having the #2 pass defense last year and giving up the fewest big plays etc..... you can also discuss.

Or you can constantly bitch like an old woman.

Pick your poison and enjoy your life how you want. I prefer to enjoy what I can and not focus on being a whiny bitch 24/7. Dont get me wrong I will get mad as hell after a dumb loss and have to recover from the funk of a shitty Monday and be overly moody because my Chiefs lost a game they shouldn't have. But I wont hold onto it like a tattoo and find reasons to keep it all scabbed up and fresh for years on end.

And before you tell me that's not you and I don't know you as a person, you may be right but that's you on CP. You used to be alright and now you are just a douche for the most part.

My $.02

No worries Bropablo. Life is good. My self worth isn't attached to the success or failure of this franchise or message board.

CP is entertainment not reality.

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 09:15 PM
No worries Bropablo. Life is good. My self worth isn't attached to the success or failure of this franchise.

Shouldn't be.

Nor is mine which is why I'm not overly negative about something out of my control.

Seems the person with the most vested has the biggest concern or why else put yourself through that negativity for so little gain in the end?

Unless you just enjoy being negative I suppose.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Shouldn't be.

Nor is mine which is why I'm not overly negative about something out of my control.

Seems the person with the most vested has the biggest concern or why else put yourself through that negativity for so little gain in the end?

Unless you just enjoy being negative I suppose.

Positives are like Alex's hidden touchdowns. They are there, just hidden.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 09:22 PM
love the little angry homer

deep down inside he knows he won't get his fantasy

Marcellus
06-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Positives are like Alex's hidden touchdowns. They are there, just hidden.

I would hate to live in your head. You and Clay should have ass babies.

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 09:26 PM
I would hate to live in your head. You and Clay should have ass babies.

Wife disapproves of this post.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 09:32 PM
You and Clay should have ass babies.

Where do you think Inmem came from?

Little shit.

staylor26
06-30-2015, 09:33 PM

People said the same thing about the Chargers last offseason till we swept them. What happened before is irrelevant. This team is going to be much better than it has been the past couple of season.

notorious
06-30-2015, 09:36 PM
People said the same thing about the Chargers last offseason till we swept them. What happened before is irrelevant. This team is going to be much better than it has been the past couple of season.

Peyton Manning.

Discuss Thrower
06-30-2015, 09:38 PM
No Super Bowl wins since the Vietnam War; no playoff wins since Clinton was in his first term in the White House.

That's all that needs to be said about the Chiefs' drafting capabilities.

CoMoChief
06-30-2015, 09:40 PM
This title should read instead....How fucking bad are the chiefs drafting in the 2nd rd.

That would be a really horrible list of busts.

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2015, 09:41 PM

Reerun Fact: Good teams NEVER drafts an offensive lineman in the first round.

Reerun Fact: Black men aren't qualified to be head coaches in the NFL.

Reerun Fact: The Chiefs are the worst team in the history of the NFL. Facts prove it.

Reerun Fact: Everyone's wife is ugly except mine. Being 300 pounds with a mustache doesn't mean shit. She's my lady and sips bourbon drink for drink with me all day long.

Reerun Fact: Reerun was once so drunk that he wasn't allowed to fly. Later, the airline unknowingly put him on a plane in which Herm Edwards had been on 95 days earlier. Reerun told every to "Fuck Off" and walked home.

Reerun Fact: Every game in which the Kansas Jayhawks participate is a personal victory for him, win or lose. Losing in the first round of the NCCA tourney each year is a badge of honor because they won a title with Wilt Chamberlain.

Reerun Fact: There's no way Wilt Chamberlain banged even 10 girls because he's black.

Reerun Fact: Reerun never shits in the shower because he rarely takes showers. His wife drenches him with her sweat, then blots him dry with a roll of Charmin.

notorious
06-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Reerun Fact: Reerun was once so drunk that he wasn't allowed to fly. Later, the airline unknowingly put him on a plane in which Herm Edwards had been on 95 days earlier. Reerun told every to "**** Off" and walked home.

LMAO

Reerun_KC
06-30-2015, 10:10 PM

Reerun Fact: Black men aren't qualified to be head coaches in the NFL.

Reerun Fact: The Chiefs are the worst team in the history of the NFL. Facts prove it.

Reerun Fact: Everyone's wife is ugly except mine. Being 300 pounds with a mustache doesn't mean shit. She's my lady and sips bourbon drink for drink with me all day long.

Reerun Fact: Reerun was once so drunk that he wasn't allowed to fly. Later, the airline unknowingly put him on a plane in which Herm Edwards had been on 95 days earlier. Reerun told every to "**** Off" and walked home.

Reerun Fact: Every game in which the Kansas Jayhawks participate is a personal victory for him, win or lose. Losing in the first round of the NCCA tourney each year is a badge of honor because they won a title with Wilt Chamberlain.

Reerun Fact: There's no way Wilt Chamberlain banged even 10 girls because he's black.

Reerun Fact: Reerun never shits in the shower because he rarely takes showers. His wife drenches him with her sweat, then blots him dry with a roll of Charmin.

ROFL. Absolutely the funniest thing I have read on here in years.

That was epic. Well done sir!

staylor26
06-30-2015, 10:23 PM
Peyton Manning.

I'm not scared of a 39 year old Peyton Manning with this defense. I'm more scared of CJ Anderson to be honest :shrug:

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 10:36 PM

The Green Bay Packers drafted a right tackle out of Iowa in the first round not to long ago.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 10:38 PM
The Green Bay Packers drafted a right tackle out of Iowa in the first round not to long ago.

THE GREEN BAY PACKERS HAVE A HALL OF FAME QUARTERBACK

BEFORE THAT THEY HAD TWO OTHERS

YOU KNOW HOW THEY GOT THEM?

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2015, 10:41 PM

Do you?

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 10:44 PM

They traded for Brett Favre. Just like we traded for Alex Smith. :hmmm: I see where your going here! Alex Smith future SB wining HOF QB!!!! PBJ

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Do you?

Rodgers: R1 pick
Favre: traded for a R1 pick

Go crank out some sick beats.

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 10:47 PM

You forgot Bart Starr was a 17th round draft pick. They surely knew what they were getting there.

DaneMcCloud

LMAO

Hammock Parties
You forgot Bart Starr was a 17th round draft pick. They surely knew what they were getting there.

I didn't say he was a R1 pick.

Different era, though.

BUT AT LEAST HE WAS ACQUIRED THROUGH THE FUCKING DRAFT

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2015, 10:48 PM
ROFL. Absolutely the funniest thing I have read on here in years.

That was epic. Well done sir!

:D

IowaChiefs83
06-30-2015, 10:51 PM

Different era, though.

BUT AT LEAST HE WAS ACQUIRED THROUGH THE ****ING DRAFT

And we drafted Brodie Croyle. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2015, 10:58 PM
And we drafted Brodie Croyle. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

Oh boy, they tried so hard with that third rounder. Real investment. Risky.

Bob Dole
07-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Who is the ****ing Idiot that supported Geno and all his awesomeness over Alex Smith... ****ing idiot.

Those would be the people bitching about Alex Smith in every fucking thread.

ChiTown
07-01-2015, 07:21 AM
I haven't read the thread other than the OP, but I'll just state this:

If that article is true, then we have MASSIVELY underachieved as a Franchise in the last decade. All that "talent" and not one fucking playoff win. Matter a fact, out of the top 9 teams on that list, we are the ONLY one without a playoff win. Out of all the teams on that list, only Cleveland shares our pain for playoff ineptitude. Congrats!!!!:thumb:

Coochie liquor
07-01-2015, 07:23 AM
Like a teen slut on prom night.

About to go down.

Something tells me you know nothing about this subject!!

BlackHelicopters
07-01-2015, 07:59 AM

Dave Lane
07-01-2015, 08:38 AM

So it's ok to pass on a QB who isn't a sure thing but take a OL who isn't a sure thing? This is how you stay out of the SB for 45 years.

Coochie liquor
07-01-2015, 08:40 AM
So it's ok to pass on a QB who isn't a sure thing but take a OL who isn't a sure thing? This is how you stay out of the SB for 45 years.

Go tell that to the Lions. How many first round qb's have they drafted. Results seem the same.

ChiTown
07-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Go tell that to the Lions. How many first round qb's have they drafted. Results seem the same.

I believe the Lions are the only team with a worse playoff win drought than the Chiefs. Have to check that

Edit: Cincy is the worst. The State of Ohio sucks in the Modern Day NFL

Dave Lane
07-01-2015, 09:02 AM

Since we won our last playoff game they have drafted 2.

Staggering by Chiefs standards I know. 1 has been a very good QB for 7 years for them.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:07 AM

Reid is a good coach.

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Reid is a good coach.

He's a replacement-level coach that's been incredibly overrated.

RunKC
07-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Reid is a good coach.

He is. I was meaning the coaches prior to him.

Says a lot that we have back to back winning seasons so start this regime.

RunKC
07-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Posters like discuss and reerun just bitch to bitch.

milkman
07-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Reid is a good coach.

He's solid at game prep and getting the team ready.

But he sucks at game and time management.

O.city
07-01-2015, 09:20 AM
I'll accept the time part, but not the game management.

He gets a bit pass heavy at times but with what we had on the ol, wr, and at times the way our qb played, the fact that they got offensively what they did is a testament to reid

RunKC
07-01-2015, 09:21 AM
The Chiefs haven't had a balanced top 10 talented team since the 90's. This is the first season we can make a claim that we might have that bc of Reid, Sutton and Toub.

Sutton might be the most underrated piece of the entire team right now

milkman
07-01-2015, 09:26 AM
I'll accept the time part, but not the game management.

He gets a bit pass heavy at times but with what we had on the ol, wr, and at times the way our qb played, the fact that they got offensively what they did is a testament to reid

What we got offensively is a testament to Charles and Davis.

This team would have gotten more offensively if he recognized and relied on the ground game more, and used that to set up the passing game.

Saccopoo
07-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Different era, though.

BUT AT LEAST HE WAS ACQUIRED THROUGH THE ****ING DRAFT

Oh boy, they tried so hard with that third rounder. Real investment. Risky.

You gotta pick a side.

In just the last three off-seasons, the "new" Dorsey-Reid management team has acquired Alex Smith through trade, signed Chase Daniel, signed Tyler Bray as a rookie FA, drafted Aaron Murray in the 2014 draft and signed Terrell Pryor in FA in the 2015 off-season.

These guys aren't sitting on the position. They aren't sitting on any position. They are attempting to build a winning team in entirety. You don't do that overnight and you don't have an All-Pro QB after a single rookie season.

However, with back to back winning seasons for the first time in over 20 years and fielding what looks to be the most complete Chiefs team in several decades, I think that they are on the right path in a relatively short amount of time.

I know that there is a handful of squeaky wheels around here that pound the table every day for the Chiefs to spend a first round pick on a QB just to say that they spent a first round pick on a QB. Manuel, Weeden, Gabbert, Ponder, Freeman, Sanchez, Manziel, Tebow, Quinn, Russell, Young, Leinhart...those are some of your stellar first rounders after the Alex Smith/Aaron Rogers 2005 draft. Jake Locker? Sam Bradford? Griffin? Tannehill?

Even the "hits" like Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, Cam Newton and Matt Stafford - how's their playoff success been? Newton has 1 playoff win. Stafford has 0 playoff win. Cutler has 1 playoff win. Ryan has 1 playoff win.

Andrew Luck was considered the best QB prospect since Elway. The only "sure thing." That's the way shit goes.

Alex Smith was two special teams fumbles from the Super Bowl with the 49ers and has had back to back winning seasons and a playoff appearance in his first two seasons with the Chiefs and people want to bitch about us not taking any of these super studs that have been available in the first round? Okay...

Dave Lane
07-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Since we won our last playoff game they have drafted 2.

Staggering by Chiefs standards I know. 1 has been a very good QB for 7 years for them.

In the mean time they have taken 6 OL all of which have flamed out / been mediocre.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 09:51 AM

This team would have gotten more offensively if he recognized and relied on the ground game more, and used that to set up the passing game.

According to Jamaal, he was hurt all year and there were times he couldn't run it. Called it his most frustrating year as a pro because of all the injuries. He then went out and told the media that he wanted the Chiefs to upgrade the OL because of how bad it was.

I'll go look it up, but I bet the run pass ratio was much better the year before when the line was better and Jamaal was healthy.

Saccopoo
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM
In the mean time they have taken 6 OL all of which have flamed out / been mediocre.

How many playoff wins (shit, how about just playoff appearances) does Stafford have QB'ing a team that has featured Megatron and Suh and the like?

According to this board, having an "elite" QB that loves to go down range to an unstoppable target like Johnson (who, along with JJ Watt, is considered the best non-QB player in the entire NFL) should goddamn guarantee a Super Bowl victory.

O.city
07-01-2015, 09:53 AM

Due to the offensive line, I don't know that they could have

ChiefsCountry
07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Of course how horrible Mark Sanchez is he has more playoff wins than the entire Chiefs franchise since Super Bowl 4. Clearly the Chiefs are this stacked super team now, so we should easily surpass what he did. Or wait I forgot those Jets were the 85 Bears all over.

Saccopoo
07-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Of course how horrible Mark Sanchez is he has more playoff wins than the entire Chiefs franchise since Super Bowl 4. Clearly the Chiefs are this stacked super team now, so we should easily surpass what he did. Or wait I forgot those Jets were the 85 Bears all over.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble.gif

Ever since Kyle Orton's historically awful 2005 campaign, only one quarterback has started 15-plus games and finished with a worse passer rating than 2012 Mark Sanchez (66.9). That man was 2009 Mark Sanchez (63.0). Sanchez is not the worst quarterback in NFL history, but he might be the worst who ever stuck around.

SeeingRed
07-01-2015, 10:15 AM
I think the players this regime has drafted so far will turn out pretty good overall...its hard to evaluate now because its still incomplete.

milkman
07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
A lot of QB busts are due, IMO, to the fact that no one has the patience anymore to let these guys sit and learn, while working on mechanics, so that they are actually ready when they are put into the starting role.

staylor26
07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
A lot of QB busts are due, IMO, to the fact that no one has the patience anymore to let these guys sit and learn, while working on mechanics, so that they are actually ready when they are put into the starting role.

I agree. This is what we're doing with Murray and why I think he will be our QBOTF.

Dave Lane
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
I agree. This is what we're doing with Murray and why I think he will be our QBOTF.

And you are basing this on what?

O.city
07-01-2015, 10:57 AM

Film watching

staylor26
07-01-2015, 11:07 AM

Based on the fact that Murray despite his draft fall due to height and an ACL tear is a damn good QB prospect with an excellent resume and a perfect fit for Reid's offense.

staylor26
07-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Film watching

When you watch players exclusively you're able to see things such as the "clutch factor" you don't believe exists. You should try it some time maybe you'll learn something :thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni
07-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Every QB this board begged for turned out to be absolute trash

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Every QB this board begged for turned out to be absolute trash

Connor will be different.

I promise.

Rausch
07-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Absolutely.

Rushing a rookie in at QB is very rarely a good idea...