PDA

View Full Version : Misc Vaction time

Loneiguana
07-01-2015, 03:50 AM
Currently sitting in an airport waiting to fly to Jamaica to spend a week in Negril. Staying at a Couples Resort. Highly recommended.

Anyone else going anywhere fun this summer?

Coochie liquor
07-01-2015, 04:46 AM
Currently sitting in an airport waiting to fly to Jamaica to spend a week in Negril. Staying at a Couples Resort. Highly recommended.

I hope one day I get to go to Hamaica. I may not come back. You should go listen to some live reggae while there. Whats a couples resort? Have fun, and be safe.
We're going to Cape Coral this and next weekend. Can't wait to let loose, get obliterated, and not have to work for 2 weekends in a row. Plus got tix to the first rock concert (shinedown) that I've been to in probably 7 years.

big nasty kcnut
07-01-2015, 05:00 AM
I've went to d.c. Very nice place if they restore my pos making i make a post about my trip.

loochy
07-01-2015, 05:07 AM
Feelin hot hot hot

Feelin hot hot hot

http://40.media.tumblr.com/b02d1bd56e039e7aed469db50ccbfedf/tumblr_mz65h20r301si8rb9o2_500.png

MeaTy The Pimp
07-01-2015, 05:24 AM
My son and I just returned from a Key West fishing trip. It was a blast. I hope to go to Jamaica someday.

Bugeater
07-01-2015, 06:13 AM
No. Summer is our busy season and it's too fucking hot. I like to travel in the fall.

headsnap
07-01-2015, 06:20 AM
mrsheadsnap and I went to Couples in Ocho Rios in the mid 90's, it was a blast, would love to go back... We met a couple on the ride from the airport to the resort, we ended up being witness at their wedding and are still good friends with them.

Blue Mountain coffee... YES!!!!!!!

ChiTown
07-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Taking my wife and kids to Europe for 2 weeks later this month. Should be a great trip.

Bwana
07-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Several more trips to the mountains this summer to ride my atv's, swing some fly line and slay some beers. I do San Pedro Belize every February to get away from winter for a couple of weeks.

DaveNull
07-01-2015, 06:32 AM
I got married at Sandals Negril. The place is great, have a good time down there.

BWillie
07-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Hope you have fun, personally I start to get bored after a couple of days at these tropical resorts. Everybody literally just sits on the beach, and stares at the ocean, all day. They don't actually get in the ocean to do any aquatic activities, they just sit and stare at it. And that is all they do.

ChiTown
07-01-2015, 07:31 AM
Hope you have fun, personally I start to get bored after a couple of days at these tropical resorts. Everybody literally just sits on the beach, and stares at the ocean, all day. They don't actually get in the ocean to do any aquatic activities, they just sit and stare at it. And that is all they do.

I can do about 3 days of tropical stuff (just hanging around), but I have to have things to do. Lying on the beach for a week straight is not my gig.

loochy
07-01-2015, 07:33 AM
I can do about 3 days of tropical stuff (just hanging around), but I have to have things to do. Lying on the beach for a week straight is not my gig.

I feel the same way. When we go somewhere like that, I always want to do "stuff". My wife just wants to lay around. That is waaaaay too boring. I need activities.

Of course, I'm the same way at home. I can't sit and just watch TV or a movie...I have to be working on something else concurrently. I have this insane need to feel productive all the time.

Chiefnj2
07-01-2015, 07:34 AM
That's why it's important to get a really good driver/bodyguard who can take you around the island safely. You can check out the waterfalls and other areas without being bogged down by a large group and let the driver control the haggling of prices, etc.

Bearcat
07-01-2015, 07:36 AM
I like to travel in the fall.

Same here... and there's a higher chance shit will get done if I take a vacation when everyone else is in the office.

Graystoke
07-01-2015, 07:41 AM
Its been a good year for travel so far.
Went to Kentucky and did the Bourbon Tour on the Motorcycle. Great roads, pretty scenery.
Then went to Utah for two weeks and did the National Parks. Camping in Moab was awesome and saw Arches, Canyon Lands, Deadhorse Point, Capitol Reef and Bryce. We took the Motorcycle and toured the whole time. Put in about 1500 Miles just in Utah. Did some fly fishing.
In two weeks we go to Colorado to go to the Jazz Festival in Winter Park. I am sure we will fly fish the Frasier and do some back county on the motorcycle on this trip.
Then in September we will head to Wyoming for a week to the Miracle Mile to fly fish on the head waters of the North Platte. This is an annual trip we make and we always have a blast.

DaKCMan AP
07-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Spent June 5-22 in Italy, June 25-28 in Houston, and spending this weekend in Chicago.

Then I get a break... until August.

Why Not?
07-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Went to Vegas with my wife in May. Just spent a week in San Diego. Took the kids to Legoland for the first time. Holy hell, that place is awesome! I forgot how cool Legos are. In 6 weeks we go back for 4 days. If you don't escape the heat a few times each summer, it will drive you crazy.

Hoover
07-01-2015, 07:57 AM
I'm kind of boring, as I restrict my travel to the United States and Canada.

I've been invited to go on some trips to Israel and while I would love to go, the timing sucked as we had just adopted our son. Still with everything going on in the world, yikes.

DMAC
07-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Five days in the mountains away from everyone coming up soon.

gblowfish
07-01-2015, 08:03 AM
I'm going to Sugar Creek Saturday Night...

mr. tegu
07-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Went to Vegas with my wife in May. Just spent a week in San Diego. Took the kids to Legoland for the first time. Holy hell, that place is awesome! I forgot how cool Legos are. In 6 weeks we go back for 4 days. If you don't escape the heat a few times each summer, it will drive you crazy.

Arizona. Where escaping the heat means going to Las Vegas.

mr. tegu
07-01-2015, 08:21 AM
We will be in Estes Park in about a month.

InChiefsHeaven
07-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Going to Harry Potter world in a couple of months. Don't care about the geekness...wife and I are going by ourselves. First real trip we'll take on our own...probably ever. Looking forward to more.

InChiefsHeaven
07-01-2015, 08:27 AM
We will be in Estes Park in about a month.

That place will make you never want to leave Colorado...

loochy
07-01-2015, 08:27 AM

ooh exotic

ChiTown
07-01-2015, 08:30 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hAHItsJWl58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beef Supreme
07-01-2015, 08:40 AM
What's a vaction?

Why Not?
07-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Arizona. Where escaping the heat means going to Las Vegas.

Lol. That's more the San Diego part of things.

mr. tegu
07-01-2015, 08:57 AM
That place will make you never want to leave Colorado...

Definitely. We went last year as well. I can't wait to get on the hiking trails.

Donger
07-01-2015, 09:11 AM
http://cdn.villascaribe.com/9403_PlatformBeach.jpg

Sorce
07-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Going to Italy for 3 weeks in September.

Deberg_1990
07-01-2015, 10:06 AM

Government Subsidized vacation?
Posted via Mobile Device

Loneiguana
07-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I got married at Sandals Negril. The place is great, have a good time down there.

Thanks! my wife I got married at couples tower isle a few years back. Wanted to see the famous beach this time.

J Diddy
07-01-2015, 01:45 PM
I went to the crick to go fishin'. Caught me a hot blonde who weighed about three-fitty. Only thing I caught was crabs that were similar to camel spiders.

excessive
07-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Doing what any self-respecting, 70's Freak does for vacation: 420 vacation in Colorado. Hitting, amongst other things, Ouray and Hot Sulphur Springs. Going to do some soaking and toking.

TrebMaxx
07-01-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm currently sitting here in Grand Cayman, sipping some rum punch while Mrs. TrebMaxx puts on her war paint. Going on a sunset cruise here in about an hour.

scho63
07-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm currently sitting here in Grand Cayman, sipping some rum punch while Mrs. TrebMaxx puts on her war paint. Going on a sunset cruise here in about an hour.

I love Grand Cayman-been there twice both many years ago. First time in 1987 and another time in 1992.

Best diving I've ever done, especially Tarpon Alley

scho63
07-01-2015, 04:36 PM
http://cdn.villascaribe.com/9403_PlatformBeach.jpg

British Virgin Islands??? :doh!:

Donger
07-01-2015, 05:29 PM
British Virgin Islands??? :doh!:

No, USVI.

LoneWolf
07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Headed out on a two week vacation at the end of July. Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, and Glacier National Park.

lewdog
07-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Headed out on a two week vacation at the end of July. Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, and Glacier National Park.

You are getting to Glacier?!?! I didn't think you said you were but you won't be disappointed. Prettiest spot in the lower 48. No doubt.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
07-01-2015, 06:27 PM
What's a vaction?

Dang, you beat me to it.

lewdog
07-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Several more trips to the mountains this summer to ride my atv's, swing some fly line and slay some beers. I do San Pedro Belize every February to get away from winter for a couple of weeks.

I'll be back in the homeland in mid August. On the best side of the state of course. :thumb:

LoneWolf
07-02-2015, 12:22 AM
You are getting to Glacier?!?! I didn't think you said you were but you won't be disappointed. Prettiest spot in the lower 48. No doubt.

We weren't planning on it, but the wife was able to juggle her clients schedules around and we are taking an extra 5 days of vacation. I'm really excited because I haven't been to any of these places before and we haven't taken a vacation where we drive this much in a long time. Any must see places on the way to Glacier from Yellowstone?

HonestChieffan
07-02-2015, 07:21 AM
British Columbia salmon fishing in August then September headed to Ireland and Scotland

J Diddy
07-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Is vaction slang for vasectomy?

58-4ever
07-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Five days in the mountains away from everyone coming up soon.

Nice, are you scouting for elk or bringing a "fishing buddy"? LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Is vaction slang for vasectomy?

No, it's how Sean Connery pronounces the beginning of vaccinations.

58-4ever
07-02-2015, 08:28 AM
The wife and I will be headed to Denver in a week. Red Rocks, Hiking, and some adult activities for 4 days. It's not the 2 weeks I'd like to have, but I'm pumped.

lewdog
07-02-2015, 06:51 PM
We weren't planning on it, but the wife was able to juggle her clients schedules around and we are taking an extra 5 days of vacation. I'm really excited because I haven't been to any of these places before and we haven't taken a vacation where we drive this much in a long time. Any must see places on the way to Glacier from Yellowstone?

You can either go I90 and see Missoula, which is just a fantastic city. Depending on how much you want to drive you could spend a night there. Great downtown with the river running right through it. Beautiful campus of the University of Montana (Alumni!) sitting right below the mountain. This takes you directly to Polson on Highway 93 from Missoula, which is the lower part of Flathead Lake which is the largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. A must see, IMO. Drive around the lake and hit Big Fork. Lots of money there and beautiful little town. You can also get there a round about way through some hilly 2 lane highway 83. Goes through Seeley Lake and some other small towns and cuts through the Flathead National Forrest. However it skips the drive directly around the lake and takes you directly to the top of the lake at Big Fork. The drive around Flathead Lake is a must so I'd go the first way. Cherry stands on the side of the road around Flathead Lake. World famous Flathead Cherries also a must.

Let me know where you are staying in Glacier. I've been there about 50 times in my life and can surely let you know things to do.

kysirsoze
07-02-2015, 06:52 PM
I thought this was another "I'm Leaving" thread.

LoneWolf
07-02-2015, 07:41 PM
You can either go I90 and see Missoula, which is just a fantastic city. Depending on how much you want to drive you could spend a night there. Great downtown with the river running right through it. Beautiful campus of the University of Montana (Alumni!) sitting right below the mountain. This takes you directly to Polson on Highway 93 from Missoula, which is the lower part of Flathead Lake which is the largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. A must see, IMO. Drive around the lake and hit Big Fork. Lots of money there and beautiful little town. You can also get there a round about way through some hilly 2 lane highway 83. Goes through Seeley Lake and some other small towns and cuts through the Flathead National Forrest. However it skips the drive directly around the lake and takes you directly to the top of the lake at Big Fork. The drive around Flathead Lake is a must so I'd go the first way. Cherry stands on the side of the road around Flathead Lake. World famous Flathead Cherries also a must.

Let me know where you are staying in Glacier. I've been there about 50 times in my life and can surely let you know things to do.

We rented a log cabin home that sits right on the north fork of the Flathead River near the west entrance of Glacier Park. It is located 25 minutes from Kalispell.

lewdog
07-02-2015, 08:13 PM
We rented a log cabin home that sits right on the north fork of the Flathead River near the west entrance of Glacier Park. It is located 25 minutes from Kalispell.

Glacier Wilderness resort by chance?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2015, 08:17 PM

How much a night?

Dayze
07-02-2015, 08:48 PM
What's a vacation? Haven't had one since our honeymoon in 2004.

Which blows, obviously

ThaVirus
07-02-2015, 09:08 PM

I had to Google it, but you may just be right- and I'm partial to tropical landscapes.

LoneWolf
07-02-2015, 09:09 PM
How much a night?

$359.

LoneWolf
07-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Glacier Wilderness resort by chance?

Not a resort. We are renting someone's private home. This place sits off by itself.

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-02-2015, 09:17 PM
In about a month I'm taking the wife and kids to Turks and Caicos. We've never been anywhere tropical before. This is also the first time I've ever been able to afford a pricey vacation like this.

lewdog
07-02-2015, 09:20 PM
I had to Google it, but you may just be right- and I'm partial to tropical landscapes.

Yup, it is just amazing. Nothing like it and I've seen quite a bit of the west.

Not a resort. We are renting someone's private home. This place sits off by itself.

Oh that's even more badass. Fishing the North Folk can be challenging but it's sure beautiful to look at. Doing any guided rafting on the Middle Fork? Glacier Raft Company is probably the best and I think it's worth doing, even though it's not super cheap. The rapids are class II-III most of the year. More than enough to get your heart pounding if the water level isn't super low.

You have to do the drive around Flathead Lake on the way up. So take the route through Missoula I would say.

LoneWolf
07-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Yup, it is just amazing. Nothing like it and I've seen quite a bit of the west.

Oh that's even more badass. Fishing the North Folk can be challenging but it's sure beautiful to look at. Doing any guided rafting on the Middle Fork? Glacier Raft Company is probably the best and I think it's worth doing, even though it's not super cheap. The rapids are class II-III most of the year. More than enough to get your heart pounding if the water level isn't super low.

You have to do the drive around Flathead Lake on the way up. So take the route through Missoula I would say.

Thanks for all the ideas. We hadn't planned on doing any rafting, but if we change our mind I'll definitely look into the company you suggested.

lewdog
07-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. We hadn't planned on doing any rafting, but if we change our mind I'll definitely look into the company you suggested.

Yea it's a half day and you're in a beautiful canyon with crystal clear green water.

As you get closer give me a message and please ask any questions along the way. I'd be more than happy to help you navigate some areas to see. My parents and I have done if for numerous friends and family over the years.

http://www.riverwild.com/images/redboatsbridge.jpg

http://blog.newscom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ddpphotos280485-US27_JWI0010.jpg

vailpass
07-02-2015, 09:39 PM
In about a month I'm taking the wife and kids to Turks and Caicos. We've never been anywhere tropical before. This is also the first time I've ever been able to afford a pricey vacation like this.

Love T&C. Never saw it as a kid's destination but it's great, hope you have an excellent time.
Oh, and piss on Jamaica.

ThaVirus
07-02-2015, 09:41 PM

Congratulations. Hope you enjoy it.

Iowanian
07-02-2015, 09:44 PM
I don't think I have taken a full week in a row of vacation in several years.

In a couple of weeks I am taking the family to the mountains and will do my best to refrain from looking at anything work related. I remember grilling my dad for years about "just leaving work at work". Even before cell phones he spent half of our vacations doing work stuff. The last few years he would take his laptop to the damn lake. I didn't understand.

Now I do. All too well. The cats in the cradle.......