PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Reid

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:09 AM
I don't get the hate for this guy. I've seen people compare him to Herm Edwards. He's the best coach in this franchises history. A top 10 coach in the league who's only had 3 losing seasons and 150 wins.

Graystoke
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
http://www.pipnet.com/eggs/koolaid-large.jpg

Rasputin
07-01-2015, 09:18 AM
How would Hank Stram not be the best coach in Kansas City Chiefs franchise history?

RealSNR
07-01-2015, 09:18 AM
He'll give you winning seasons year in and year out.

But that's about it. Still waiting on that fucking playoff win. If it doesn't show up this year, I'm going to start to get pissed.

milkman
07-01-2015, 09:21 AM
He's a solid coach who gets too clever for his own good, and who struggles with game and time management.

Dartgod
07-01-2015, 09:22 AM
NB4 Reerun_KC

BWillie
07-01-2015, 09:34 AM
I saw him at Golden Corral the other day. He had 14 pounds of prime rib and had them cart over the chocolate water fall so it could be directly right of his table.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 09:38 AM
How would Hank Stram not be the best coach in Kansas City Chiefs franchise history?

And Schottenheimer would absolutely be next, with Vermeil a distant 3rd.

Tells you how fucked this organization has been that a guy that completely ignores JC in several games a year is 4th on the list.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:39 AM

Tells you how ****ed this organization has been that a guy that completely ignores JC in several games a year is 4th on the list.

Completely ignores? Umm wasn't he an MVP candidate his first year with Reid?

The Franchise
07-01-2015, 09:42 AM
He's a solid coach who gets too clever for his own good, and who struggles with game and time management.

Yep.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 09:43 AM
7 games last year with 13 or fewer carries.

5 games with 10 or fewer carries.

If another elite RB was misused like this, you guys would crucify the coach.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 09:43 AM

This pretty much sums it up.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:44 AM
7 games last year with 13 or fewer carries.

5 games with 10 or fewer carries.

If another elite RB was misused like this, you guys would crucify the coach.

Charles wasn't healthy all of last year.

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Reid owes his continuous status as a HC to two people: Donovan McNabb and Jim Johnson.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:45 AM
2013 was he got his 2nd highest amount of carries in a season and was featured in the passing game. You guys are funny.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Reid owes his continuous status as a HC to two people: Donovan McNabb and Jim Johnson.

Yes both have been a big part of the last 2 winning seasons.

-King-
07-01-2015, 09:47 AM

So he made a good decision on a starting QB and defensive coordinator?

Yup. Terrible head coach.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Charles wasn't healthy all of last year.

Name a RB that is ever healthy for an entire season.

These injuries sure didn't seem to affect him too much in the games he got plenty of carries.

Lonewolf Ed
07-01-2015, 09:49 AM
The sad state of affairs with this franchise is that the next coach to win a single playoff game could be considered the third most successful coach in the team's history based solely upon that win.

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Yes both have been a big part of the last 2 winning seasons.

He wouldn't be thought of as a upper echelon coach had it not been for that SB run a decade ago, and hasn't won a playoff game without Johnson as a DC.

Of course, this is the NFL we're talking about here so he really doesn't have to succeed in any appreciable form to keep his job as HC because it's just too risky to go with someone unproven... Like Bruce Arians.

staylor26
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Your football takes make me cringe. Get a fucking clue.

RunKC
07-01-2015, 09:55 AM
38-28 without McNabb. Yeah Reid sure sucks.

Never go full Discuss

Saccopoo
07-01-2015, 09:56 AM
2013 was he got his 2nd highest amount of carries in a season and was featured in the passing game. You guys are funny fucking retards.

fyp

O.city
07-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Name a RB that is ever healthy for an entire season.

These injuries sure didn't seem to affect him too much in the games he got plenty of carries.

Charles himself has said he wasn't healthy, etc.

Paired with the amount they used him in 2013, I'd say injury was the reason he didn't get the touches

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM

Never go full Discuss

Worst team in the league to 20 wins in 2 years ALL JOHNSON MCNABB!!!!!

BossChief
07-01-2015, 09:59 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000485284/article/jamaal-charles-2014-was-my-most-frustrating-season

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2015, 09:59 AM

Tells you how fucked this organization has been that a guy that completely ignores JC in several games a year is 4th on the list.
Vermeil fucked this franchise far worse than Herm, Romeo and Crennel combined.

He passed on Drew Brees, gave up the #12 overall for a damaged QB that played poorly his initial and final season, in a tenure that lasted only six seasons.

His refusal to fire Greg Robinson and the defensive staff cost this team a chance for deep playoff success.

His insistance in drafting defensive lineman with pick after pick while avoiding his aging offense line, cornerback and WR corp put the Chiefs in a hole that took nearly a decade to recover. The guy wanted Tyler Brayton over LJ when the right choice was Polamalu.

He made more excuses than any coach in franchise history for his baffling losses and decisions. IMO, he's below Mackovic, Levy, Stram, Schottenheimer and Andy Reid. And hell, at least Herm and Bill Kuharich put together a decent 2008 draft.

Chiefnj2
07-01-2015, 10:00 AM
He is very good at prepping for games, but poor at in game adjustments and management.

He is very much like Vermiel. Will rely heavily on his DC and have little input on that side of the ball. Vermeil chose (perhaps had chosen for him - Gunther) poorly and the team suffered because of it. Reid chose wisely with Johnson and so far with Sutton.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:01 AM
And it seems Andy has his new Jim Johnson in Bob Sutton...now, if he can get Alex to incorporate McNabbs deep ball into his game, we might find similar success to what a Andy had in Philly with 4 straight NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl (that if he wasn't facing the cheating Patriots, he might have won)

Chiefnj2
07-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Vermeil ****ed this franchise far worse than Herm, Romeo and Crennel combined.

Vermeil was a hired gun for a short term run. His goal wasn't to plan for the future. His job was to win now. His choices of DC's doomed him. It was Peterson's plan since he knew he had worn out his welcome.

RunKC
07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Reid and Dorsey have done a good job so far. 20 wins in 2 seasons taking over a 2 win team speaks volumes.

We are young, talented and primed for the future.

I think this team is a year away from being completely finished, but it's damn close. We will make the playoffs this year and we will win the division.

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm not the biggest Andy Reid fan but I'm not a hater, either.

I think he's been so busy, in game, trying to scheme around the blatant offensive deficiencies that he's missed some crucial calls that have led to defeat. Barring catastrophic injury, I wager to guess that we'lol see less of that in 2015.

He's a good coach but needs to stop out-coaching himself.

milkman
07-01-2015, 10:06 AM
2013 was he got his 2nd highest amount of carries in a season and was featured in the passing game. You guys are funny.

It seems pretty clear that Reid's first order of business was to turn things around to win the fanbase back.

Credit to him for making the necessary halftime adjustment to win games.

He did so by utilizing the one weapon on offense, and supplementing that weapon with support.

He went to the ground game with Charles, and brought in Anthony Sherman to block.

With the fanbase back, Reid reverted to Reid last year.

RunKC
07-01-2015, 10:09 AM
You can't put all of this on Andy. The OL and WR core was a trainwreck last year.im surprised he made it 16 games with gameplans to score some points.

This was a bottom 10 talented offense last year and we were 16th in points scored. That's Because of Reid folks.

Discuss Thrower

Never go full Discuss

0-3 in the playoffs without Johnson, 0-2 without McNabb.

Drafting McNabb has made Reid's career.. Without that fact, Reid's ceiling is OC.

DaneMcCloud
Vermeil was a hired gun for a short term run. His goal wasn't to plan for the future. His job was to win now. His choices of DC's doomed him. It was Peterson's plan since he knew he had worn out his welcome.

Five years isn't a short run. His decisions and influence on Carl Peterson in terms of free agent personnel and the draft turned the Chiefs franchise into an expansion team.

He fucking blows. He wasn't the architect of the '99 Rams organization. He was the guy that led them to 5-11 and 4-12 seasons, which is why he was dumped.

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2015, 10:10 AM

Drafting McNabb has made Reid's career.. Without that fact, Reid's ceiling is OC.

The less you know

milkman
07-01-2015, 10:10 AM
He wouldn't be thought of as a upper echelon coach had it not been for that SB run a decade ago, and hasn't won a playoff game without Johnson as a DC.

Of course, this is the NFL we're talking about here so he really doesn't have to succeed in any appreciable form to keep his job as HC because it's just too risky to go with someone unproven... Like Bruce Arians.

I wholeheartedly agree that Johnson was a huge eason for Reid's success.

But Reid has to be given credit for hiring Johnson.

Saccopoo
07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Five years isn't a short run. His decisions and influence on Carl Peterson in terms of free agent personnel and the draft turned the Chiefs franchise into an expansion team.

He ****ing blows. He wasn't the architect of the '99 Rams organization. He was the guy that led them to 5-11 and 4-12 seasons, which is why he was dumped.

Absofucklinglutely.

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 10:14 AM
I wholeheartedly agree that Johnson was a huge eason for Reid's success.

But Reid has to be given credit for hiring Johnson.

Sure, but this is my point: Reid's continued tenure as a HC is because of decisions he made almost two decades ago.

What has he done since McNabb was in Philly and since Johnson was his DC?

... and to the first person that tries to cock slap me upside the head with "Durrrr, the '13 Chiefs!"

1) Easiest nine game stretch any team could ever be gifted by the scheduling committee and fluke injuries
2) What was the combined record of the team the two seasons prior to 2013 and how many of those players on those two teams were still key factors to 2013's success?

The Franchise
07-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Sure, but this is my point: Reid's continued tenure as a HC is because of decisions he made almost two decades ago.

... and to the first person that tries to cock slap me upside the head with "Durrrr, the '13 Chiefs!"

1) Easiest nine game stretch any team could ever be gifted by the scheduling committee and fluke injuries
2) What was the combined record of the team the two seasons prior to 2013 and how many of those players on those two teams were still key factors to 2013's success?

You are pretty much the Ying to the Alex Smith apologist's Yang. They consistently throw out excuses....and you do as well.

-King-
07-01-2015, 10:17 AM

So...Andy Reid sucks as a head coach because he coached up the players he inherited.

Gotcha.

milkman
Vermeil ****ed this franchise far worse than Herm, Romeo and Crennel combined.

He passed on Drew Brees, gave up the #12 overall for a damaged QB that played poorly his initial and final season, in a tenure that lasted only six seasons.

His refusal to fire Greg Robinson and the defensive staff cost this team a chance for deep playoff success.

His insistance in drafting defensive lineman with pick after pick while avoiding his aging offense line, cornerback and WR corp put the Chiefs in a hole that took nearly a decade to recover. The guy wanted Tyler Brayton over LJ when the right choice was Polamalu.

He made more excuses than any coach in franchise history for his baffling losses and decisions. IMO, he's below Mackovic, Levy, Stram, Schottenheimer and Andy Reid. And hell, at least Herm and Bill Kuharich put together a decent 2008 draft.

Brees would have been booed out of KC before he ever achieved any level of success.

He was a crap QB for his first 3 years, averaging just 204 yards per game, with 53 TDs and 37 ints.

BossChief
I'm not the biggest Andy Reid fan but I'm not a hater, either.

I think he's been so busy, in game, trying to scheme around the blatant offensive deficiencies that he's missed some crucial calls that have led to defeat. Barring catastrophic injury, I wager to guess that we'lol see less of that in 2015.

He's a good coach but needs to stop out-coaching himself.

Absolutely.

Jenkins
Hammond
Hemmingway
Linkenbach
McGlynn
Fulton

That's a lot of shit to try and hide.

The fact we were 16th in points scored while being 13th in points per drive while dragging all that dead weight is very impressive.

This 2015 Chiefs team will field a top 10 scoring offense and defense.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 10:18 AM

Great point.

Everyone wants to use 2012 as a defense for this "great turnaround" while ignoring that this team was basically a .500 team who had one bad season.

It's not like they had been a 2 win team for 5+ years.

milkman
07-01-2015, 10:20 AM

I think we need to see how Reid fares now that he is no longer making personnel decisions.
That was, IMO, his biggest downfall, along with the poor choice in replacing Johnson.

I think Reid is overrated to some extent, but he is stil, in fact, one of the better ones in the league.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Great point.

Everyone wants to use 2012 as a defense for this "great turnaround" while ignoring that this team was basically a .500 team who had one bad season.

Ummmm
What?
1 bad season?

I hope I missed your joke here or something...

2007 4 wins
2008 2 wins
2009 4 wins
2010 10 wins
2011 7 wins
2012 2 wins

That's what you see as "basically a .500 team with one bad year?"
2013 11 wins (should have been 12 if the refs didn't steal the finale away)
2014 9 wins

The 6 years prior to Reids arrival...29 wins..and average of less than 5 wins per year. How is that "basically a .500 team?" That's a .30 win percentage between 2007-2012.... Just a .28 win percentage in the 2 years before Reid got here.

The 2 years with Reid ...20 wins (should have been at least 21)...an average of 10 wins per year

FFS some of you guys have become rediculous.

Jgr123
07-01-2015, 10:37 AM

Actually, Reid made Mcnabbs career. He also made people think AJ Feely & Kevin Kolb we're NFL qbs. Without Mcnabb Reid won 20 games over last 2 seasons, and has a winning record over the last 5 seasons since he traded McNabb, which included a diaster of a year 2012. He has a career winning % of .586 over a 16 years. He is a high quality NFL coach with or without McNabb.

Beef Supreme
07-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Reid is a pretty good coach that does some things very well, and some things he sucks at. Like forgetting about the running game and no idea how to manage a clock.

Coochie liquor
07-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Need more proof?? Andy Reid hasn't won a football game in at least 5 months. Enough said. /discussthrower

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Great point.

The team made the playoffs 1 time in 6 seasons before Reid got here. Put down the pipe man.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Why the fuck are you guys going back 6 seasons?

Oh, wait. To make your argument hold up.

Apparently you missed this:

how many of those players on those two teams were still key factors to 2013's success?

17 wins in two years doesn't happen by accident, and there were a lot of players on those two teams who played a huge role in 2013 and 2014.

You dipshits spent all those years saying we had a ton of talent and that coaching was the problem, now the cupboard was bare?

GTFO.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:45 AM
ChiefsPlanet...where

.28 = .50
Going from 28% to 63% isn't a big deal
Where a coach that took his team to 4 straight NFC Championships isn't a big deal
Where a coach should run a RB more, even though most of his body is truly injured
Where a guy isn't a good offensive coach even though he had 4 guys starting that nobody wanted after the year and HE STILL RAN AN OFFENSE THAT WAS 16th in scoring and 13th in PPP

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:45 AM
The team made the playoffs 1 time in 6 seasons before Reid got here. Put down the pipe man.

And got annihilated in that game.

Just embarrassed.

O.city
07-01-2015, 10:46 AM
In their defense, you brought up 5 plus seasons

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Why the **** are you guys going back 6 seasons?

17 wins in two years doesn't happen by accident, and there were a lot of players on those two teams who played a huge role in 2013 and 2014.

You dipshits spent all those years saying we had a ton of talent and that coaching was the problem, now the cupboard was bare?

GTFO.

I went back 6 seasons to try to help YOU.

You said the 2 years prior to Reids arrival, we were "basically a .500 team with 1 bad year. It's not like this was a terrible team over 5 years or something"

Haha

RealSNR
07-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Is Andy Reid the best coach in the division?

I'd probably say yes.

-King-
07-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Pioli and company should have been kept around longer. They only had one bad season.

staylor26
07-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Is Andy Reid the best coach in the division?

I'd probably say yes.

Probably? He's easily the best.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:51 AM

GTFO.
Nobody said that.

I can say that since Reid/Dorsey got here, they jettisoned lots of that talent we had...and still won a lot of games.

Flowers
Bowe
Jackson
Albert
Dorsey

I mean, have you peeked at the roster these guys inherited from 2012?

O.city
07-01-2015, 10:52 AM
ChiefsPlanet tends to overrate the talent on the roster anyway

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:53 AM
In their defense, you brought up 5 plus seasons

No
No
No

I was just trying to prop up my side of the argument.

Didn't you hear?

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Pioli and company should have been kept around longer. They only had one bad season.

Hahaha

I'm glad someone gets it.

It's like OTWP has amnesia or something and forgot about 6 years of the worst Chiefs football in my lifetime.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 10:55 AM
ChiefsPlanet tends to overrate the talent on the roster anyway

The talent was good sans QB. Reid came in and coached up the good talent. Isn't that what a good coach does?

Oh JOHNSON AND MCNABB!

O.city
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
The talent was good sans QB. Reid came in and coached up the good talent. Isn't that what a good coach does?

Oh JOHNSON AND MCNABB!

Talent was so good they've turned over what, 80 plus percent of the roster?

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:57 AM

BossChief
07-01-2015, 10:58 AM

And the guys they kept have actually started to play to their potential.

And the team has won a lo of games.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 11:02 AM

I'd imagine every NFL roster is pretty different from 3 years ago. A lot of the core players are from previous regimes.

MatriculatingHank
07-01-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't get the hate for this guy. I've seen people compare him to Herm Edwards. He's the best coach in this franchises history.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2011/02/t1_stram_si.jpg

bricks
07-01-2015, 11:10 AM

Yeah.

I think he was trying to build a team to win now because they really wanted to win one for Lamar. The guy was old and nearing his death bed and it's just too bad that they didn't win one for him.

bricks
07-01-2015, 11:15 AM
I think the best coach I've seen for the Chiefs in my lifetime was Marty Schottenheimer.

Steam was probably the best Chiefs coach ever. It's too bad I wasn't alive to see him coach the team.

But yeah Marty was the best I've seen. This guy consistently made the playoffs, fielded really good defenses all the time, but, he just didn't win. He uplifted this franchise when they really needed it. His downfall was that he lacked a bright offensive mind on his staff and aside from Montana, didn't have the QB.

ptlyon
07-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Yeah.

I think he was trying to build a team to win now because they really wanted to win one for Lamar. The guy was old and nearing his death bed and it's just too bad that they didn't win one for him.

Nice of the franchise to lay up the rest of the time

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Meaning they haven't been terrible for 5 straight years.

Are you retarded?

The core players on those 2010 and 2011 teams that won 17 games is still the core group now, for the most part.

He didn't inherit a dumpster fire.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Guys that are still here from 2012

Poe
Houston
Bailey
DJ
Hali
Berry
Colquitt
Charles
Hemmingway
Stephenson
Allen

11 players

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:19 AM
And how many more were here in 2013? You know, the year we're actually comparing?

RealSNR
07-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Probably? He's easily the best.

Mike McCoy is still an unknown to me.

And Gary Kubiak had problems in Houston, but so do a lot of coaches. One thing he does in all his coaching spots is successfully coordinate an efficient an often explosive rushing attack. I'm still nervous about the Donks for that very reason. Peyton Manning saving his arm for the playoffs by letting his RBs win games in the regular season is a very dangerous situation for the rest of the division

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Mike McCoy is still an unknown to me.

And Gary Kubiak had problems in Houston, but so do a lot of coaches. One thing he does in all his coaching spots is successfully coordinate an efficient an often explosive rushing attack. I'm still nervous about the Donks for that very reason. Peyton Manning saving his arm for the playoffs by letting his RBs win games in the regular season is a very dangerous situation for the rest of the division

Elway/Davis II: Electric Boogaloo.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Meaning they haven't been terrible for 5 straight years.

Are you retarded?

The core players on those 2010 and 2011 teams that won 17 games is still the core group now, for the most part.

He didn't inherit a dumpster fire.You didn't say "5 straight years"..the goalposts need to stay where they are, sorry.

You said they were "basically a .500 team that had one bad year"

I wouldn't go calling anyone retarded after saying that a 28% win percentage is "basically .500"...FFS you tried to downplay what Reid has done here by saying the Romeo/Haley regimes were pretty good "outside of that one bad year in 2012"

Jesus

JFC go back and read what you actually wrote (that was flat out retarded) because it's sad.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Didn't realize I had to be so literal to satisfy the jerkoffs at ChiefsPlanet.

If you're too fucking stupid to understand the implication of "5+" I can't help you.

I'll make sure to type everything I post from here on out in a way that it can't be twisted.

RunKC
07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Bailey, Poe and Houston elevated their game since Sutton got here. That has to count for something.

The Chiefs had a handful of foundation players surrounded by garbage. Now they have a better overall team with the potential to play in late January.

The disparity between Romeo, Haley and Herm to Andy is about as big as it gets.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
And how many more were here in 2013? You know, the year we're actually comparing?

They are winning while replacing overrated and overpaid vets.

Why can't you see that?

Jeez

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Didn't realize I had to be so literal to satisfy the jerkoffs at ChiefsPlanet.

If you're too ****ing stupid to understand the implication of "5+" I can't help you.

I'll make sure to type everything I post from here on out in a way that it can't be twisted.

Nobody had to twist anything. You wrote it in multiple posts, clear as day.

You want to throw stones, go ahead and do so from your wet paper towel house.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:33 AM
The Chiefs were basically a .500 team before reid got here /OTWP

Ummm, actually AT BEST they were a .300 team and the 2 previous years, they were worse than that.

I can't wait to see OTWP prop up Cassel for his amazing 2010-2011 seasons..."he was in the running for MVP at one point"

Haha

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 11:35 AM
The Chiefs were basically a .500 team before reid got here /OTWP

Ummm, actually AT BEST they were a .300 team and the 2 previous years, they were worse than that.

I can't wait to see OTWP prop up Cassel for his amazing 2010-2011 seasons..."he was in the running for MVP at one point"

Haha

.432 team.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Take your holier than thou, preaching neg-rep comments and shove them up your dickhole.

CP used to be a good place to talk football before it became Arrowhead Pride, Jr.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:38 AM
.432 team.

By what math?

Or are you guys going to just try and throw out the 2 2-14 seasons and the 4-12 season?

Some of you deserve Pioli back...maybe you should become Atlanta fans.

staylor26
07-01-2015, 11:41 AM
By what math?

Or are you guys going to just try and throw out the 2 2-14 seasons and the 4-12 season?

ROFL I can't wait for this season. None of these ****ing morons better jump on the bandwagon.

Discuss Thrower
By what math?

2002-2012: 76-100. Seventy-six divided by one hundred seventy-six equals point four-three-one-eight-one-eight.

Not great, but certainly not a dumpster fire considering there were only four seasons of fewer than five wins in that stretch.

BossChief
Take your holier than thou, preaching neg-rep comments and shove them up your dickhole.

CP used to be a good place to talk football before it became Arrowhead Pride, Jr.

It's wild that when the Chiefs were losing like crazy, you had endless posts...when the Chiefs start winning, you disappear and then when you do post it's as if the team is no different than when Haley/Romeo/Pioli were running the show.

Sorry that some can see the team becoming a force and you can't.

Have fun with that.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:42 AM
2002-2012: 76-100. Seventy-six divided by one hundred seventy-six equals point four-three-one-eight-one-eight.

Not great, but certainly not a dumpster fire considering there were only four seasons of fewer than five wins in that stretch.

So now you guys are going all the way back to 2002?

Hahaha

This is hilarious.

O.city
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM

Sadly, it's becoming that I have more people on ignore than not.

staylor26
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM

:facepalm: Dude just stop

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 11:45 AM
.. it's as if the team is no different than when Haley/Romeo/Pioli were running the show.

Trade for a quarterback that is good but not great; rely on the running game and defense to win games.

How is that not different?

Sorry that some can see the team becoming a force and you can't.

Have fun with that.

A team that can only go as far as an aging running back and a defense can carry them in a passing league. Can't see how that's a "force"

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Sadly, it's becoming that I have more people on ignore than not.

Which is why I don't post very often anymore.

The people I actually respect I know/communicate with in my personal life, for the most part.

Guys like you, Milkman, Duncan and SNR are the exception.

-King-
07-01-2015, 11:47 AM
This is just embarrassing. LMAO LMAO

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 11:49 AM
So now you guys are going all the way back to 2002?

Hahaha

This is hilarious.

How is that span not indicative of what the Chiefs are?

Seasons of 13-3 and two 10-6 years to go along with pairs of 2-14 and 4-12 marks. Two 9-7 seasons, one 8-8 and one 7-9.

-King-
07-01-2015, 11:50 AM

Seasons of 13-3 and two 10-6 years to go along with pairs of 2-14 and 4-12 marks. Two 9-7 seasons, one 8-8 and one 7-9.

I think we should go back to 1969.

It's just sad that Reid hasn't done more with this superbowl winning team.

ptlyon
07-01-2015, 11:52 AM
It's just sad that Reid hasn't done more with this superbowl winning team.

ROFL

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 11:52 AM
One side listed facts the other side listed loose facts that weren't very good. Don't know how this makes this board horrible.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Because that has nothing to do with the conversation.

Literally, nothing.

Same as the records from 5 years ago.

Andy Reid is a top 5 NFL coach.

Anyone trying to prop up Haley and Romeo to take Reid down a few notches is just silly.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 11:56 AM
One side listed facts the other side listed loose facts that weren't very good. Don't know how this makes this board horrible.

It's our fault we couldn't understand the true meaning of OTWps posts that said we were basically a .500 team before Andy took over, with the exception of one year.

We're just a bunch of retards that are ruining the place.

Haha

When the reality is this was one of (if not the worst) team in the NFL until Reid took over outside of 1 outlier year when they won 10 games.

You throw that year out and the team won 19 games in 5 years.

aturnis
07-01-2015, 11:56 AM

Great take. Short and to the point. Too clever indeed.

-King-
07-01-2015, 11:58 AM
It's our fault we couldn't understand the true meaning of OTWps posts that said we were basically a .500 team before Andy took over, with the exception of one year.

We're just a bunch of retards that are ruining the place.

Haha

OTWP is just a caricature of himself at this point. It's why I have him on ignore. He's extremely predictable and boring and will always take the pessimistic angle even when it makes him look stupid. Like in this thread.

dirk digler
07-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Not a fan of Reid and never wanted him here. Also can't see him being a Top 5 NFL coach having not sniffed a SB win in 10 years.

RunKC
07-01-2015, 12:02 PM
OTWP, discuss, sweet daddy, Clay.

All these posters are the same. Bitch about the team being the same as it was and bitch about us not having Aaron Rodgers after 2 years.

I might have to fire up the iggy button.

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Andy Reid is a top 5 NFL coach.

Only if you put Reid ahead of a coach that's won at least one Lombardi.. Which means either Sean Payton or John Harbaugh.

Because that has nothing to do with the conversation.

Literally, nothing.

Same as the records from 5 years ago.

That has absolutely everything to do with the conversation: Reid's proving to be slightly better than Vermeil at this point and that's really about it.

Anyone trying to prop up Haley and Romeo to take Reid down a few notches is just silly.

So what Pioli did in 2009 was different from what Reid/Dorsey did in 2013 how..?

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Reid's proving to be slightly better than Vermeil at this point and that's really about it.

You should really stop posting.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 12:07 PM
2001 6-10
2002 8-8
2003 13-3
2004 7-9
2005 10-6

2 winning seasons in 5 years is the same as 2 winning seasons in 2 years?

Vermiel averaged 8 wins over 5 years
Reid has averaged 10 wins and the team will probably build on that going forward.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 12:09 PM
OTWP: this place is becoming AP2 (while agreeing with a classic APoster and making a fool of himself and then pulling a "I'm taking my ball and going home" type approach.

Typical.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Tell me privately in a rep message that I should take a break, then publicly accuse me of taking my ball and going home.

Hilarious.

thabear04
07-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Surprise no one posted that gif of Andy Reid running into the lockers.

Chiefnj2
07-01-2015, 12:17 PM
It's becoming more of a homer board because the "negative" people have grown tired of the Chiefs attempting the same failed plan for the last 30 years and are growing disinterested.

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 12:17 PM

BossChief
07-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Tell me privately in a rep message that I should take a break, then publicly accuse me of taking my ball and going home.

Hilarious.

Gotta love the hypocrisy

Guy slams me for turning the board into AP2 while agreeing with a terrible poster on a terrible point (that doesn't even make sense) and digging himself into a hole.

Instead of owning it and moving on, he calls others names and makes stupid accusations.

And sorry, but the place will probably become more positive AS THE TEAM WINS GAMES.

JEEZ

BossChief
07-01-2015, 12:24 PM

Exactly

You know what brings down the level of the board?

Agreeing with guys like Discuss that the Romeo/Pioli/Haley times were actually good for this franchise with comments like "they were basically a .500 team except for that one bad year" and are the same as what we are getting from Reid/Dorsey right now.

:facepalm:

Discuss Thrower
07-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Agreeing with guys like Discuss that the Romeo/Pioli/Haley times were actually good for this franchise...

So you're conceding that Reid and Dorsey aren't doing anything all that different than what Pioli did then.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Gotta love the hypocrisy

Guy slams me for turning the board into AP2 while agreeing with a terrible poster on a terrible point (that doesn't even make sense) and digging himself into a hole.

Instead of owning it and moving on, he calls others names and makes stupid accusations.

And sorry, but the place will probably become more positive AS THE TEAM WINS GAMES.

JEEZ

Wow...much of a narcissist, are we?

This board has been gradually moving in this direction for as long as I've been here. That's 9+ (STRAIGHT YEARS, TO BE CLEAR) years.

Three regime changes in those years, and the narrative has always been the same. Every player is awesome, every move is great - for the first year or two.

Then everyone acts as if they were on the other side of the fence the entire time. It's what this place does.

Don't worry, I'll be out of your hair shortly, and you can go right on acting as if you're important around here.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Exactly

Agreeing with guys like Discuss that the Romeo/Pioli/Haley times were actually good for this franchise with comments like "they were basically a .500 team except for that one bad year" and are the same as what we are getting from Reid/Dorsey right now.

Arguing the poster and not the posts - and putting words in those poster's mouths.

Please, find a post in which I said "Pioli/Haley/Romeo was good for the franchise" or that they are the "same as what we're getting from Reid."

Those are your words, not mine.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Wow...much of a narcissist, are we?

This board has been gradually moving in this direction for as long as I've been here. That's 9+ (STRAIGHT YEARS, TO BE CLEAR) years.

Three regime changes in those years, and the narrative has always been the same. Every player is awesome, every move is great - for the first year or two.

Then everyone acts as if they were on the other side of the fence the entire time. It's what this place does.

Don't worry, I'll be out of your hair shortly, and you can go right on acting as if you're important around here.
That's a big part of why everyone only sees your pessimist side. It's all you ever talk about. You think this regime is the same as ones that preceded it and that's not the case.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 12:45 PM

Arguing the poster and not the posts - and putting words in those poster's mouths.

Please, find a post in which I said "Pioli/Haley/Romeo was good for the franchise" or that they are the "same as what we're getting from Reid."

Those are your words, not mine.
You're the only one arguing the poster here, bud.

I've done nothing but provide facts during this whole discussion.

You've made silly statements to back up others silly statements...backtracked, claimed it's just everyone else that can't understand you and that they are just throwing out stuff to prop up their side of the discussion (while forgetting you made the original comment)

You and discuss said this was a .500 team before Reid took over apart from 1 outlier year and nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm sorry you get all emotional when shown you're wrong on something, but continue with the his say fit. It's amusing.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 12:53 PM

Great point.

The combined record of the 2 years prior to 2013 were 9-23

Not exactly .500 ball

The whole regime prior to Reid/Dorsey was a dumpster fire outside of 1 outlier year.

Andy Reid is building a contender. This team will win at least 1 playoff game this season.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 12:53 PM
So again, could you please provide a quoted post in which I said the following?

"Pioli/Haley/Romeo was good for the franchise"

"Pioli/Haley is the same as what we're getting from Reid."

Since you've done nothing but provide facts, this should be easy.

-King-
07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
So you're conceding that Reid and Dorsey aren't doing anything all that different than what Pioli did then.

First 2 years:

Pioli: 14 wins

Reid/Dorsey: 20 wins

That's a little different. Wouldn't you say?

BossChief
07-01-2015, 01:14 PM
So again, could you please provide a quoted post in which I said the following?

"Pioli/Haley/Romeo was good for the franchise"

"Pioli/Haley is the same as what we're getting from Reid."

Since you've done nothing but provide facts, this should be easy.

Oh, c'mon. You know exactly what you were implying. Otherwise, why pick out that comment to roll with?

Gimme a break.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Oh, c'mon. You know exactly what you were implying. Otherwise, why pick out that comment to roll with?

Gimme a break.

In other words, you can't.

Shocking.

keg in kc
07-01-2015, 01:16 PM
I don't hate the guy but he lost whatever it was that made his teams contenders about a decade ago.

BossChief
07-01-2015, 01:21 PM
In other words, you can't.

Shocking.

AFTERALL, just look at the record the 2 years before they got here and had this "amazing turnaround"

You jump in all high and mighty backing up that crap saying we were basically a .500 team before they got here.

OBVIOUSLY implying there isn't much of a difference and that the same players that got us to .500 before are still doing so now.

Except that's not at all the case.

If you want to have a courteous conversation with people, don't say a bunch of dumb shit and then call others retards.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Incredible at coaching players / pure dogshit on game day.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Like, Haley dogshit on game day.

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2015, 05:33 PM
The way I always described it....
Andy Reid is one of the few coaches in the league that could have coached the 2013 and 2014 Chiefs' teams to as many wins as they got.
And only Andy Reid can lose or almost lose games the way he does

I don't know if there are many better examples of a coach this good who continually shoots himself in the foot.

Easy 6
07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
http://www.pipnet.com/eggs/koolaid-large.jpg

The man has his flaws, I sometimes want to bash his face in with a well made brick... but yeah, we can win big with this guy.

Would you rather have Andy or Jack Del Rio, or maybe Mike McCoy is more your style?

Rasputin
07-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I just don't get why Andy Reid force Alex Smith pass 35-40 times a game when he is about a 25 rep game manager. He had his best games in San Fran with handing off the ball to Gore then playaction pass to Vernon Davis.

We have Knile Davis and Jamaal Charles for him to hand off too and playaction pass to Kelce.

No way should Alex Smith be throwing the damn ball 35-40 times a game. Fucking dumb.

milkman
07-01-2015, 06:06 PM
I just don't get why Andy Reid force Alex Smith pass 35-40 times a game when he is about a 25 rep game manager. He had his best games in San Fran with handing off the ball to Gore then playaction pass to Vernon Davis.

We have Knile Davis and Jamaal Charles for him to hand off too and playaction pass to Kelce.

No way should Alex Smith be throwing the damn ball 35-40 times a game. ****ing dumb.

FTR, Smith only attempted 35 or more passes in a game 5 times last season.

notorious
07-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I bet Reid came when Seattle threw the ball at the 1 in the Superbowl.

Rasputin
07-01-2015, 06:12 PM
FTR, Smith only attempted 35 or more passes in a game 5 times last season.

Sure didn't seem like that was all. I must be off then.

I just think the less passing from Alex Smith the better we are off but let him get one to the TE seems like his thing.

Rausch
07-01-2015, 06:35 PM

First thing that came to mind.

"You know, that's exactly the type of stupid $#it we would do..."

BigCatDaddy
07-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Seems like the Chiefs are much bigger spenders now than with Pioli. Am I mistaken?

Titty Meat
07-01-2015, 09:43 PM

No way should Alex Smith be throwing the damn ball 35-40 times a game. ****ing dumb.

It's different with Reid's offense with the short throws which Alex is effective at its not like he's throwing down field 20 times a game. I do believe Reid's offense actually helps open up the run game.

My beef with the offense was they didn't throw it down field enough and Davis wasn't used enough. Charles was hurt last year giving him 300.carries with that oline wouldn't be a great idea.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-01-2015, 09:54 PM
OTWP, discuss, sweet daddy, Clay.

All these posters are the same. Bitch about the team being the same as it was and bitch about us not having Aaron Rodgers after 2 years.

I might have to fire up the iggy button.

Perhaps after this season, you'll see it:

Smith holds the Chiefs back.

And when the team wins a few and everyone starts up with the usual full-retard, my response will be the same week-in and week-out:

Not buuuuuuuyyyyying,

Thanks.

Reerun_KC
07-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Not touching this fucking circle jerking aids festival with a 1000000 foot pole.

jimidollar
07-01-2015, 10:28 PM

Red kool-aid all over his TV.

kcbubb
07-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Guys that are still here from 2012

Poe
Houston
Bailey
DJ
Hali
Berry
Colquitt
Charles
Hemmingway
Stephenson
Allen

11 players

Wow! That's sad.

splatbass
07-01-2015, 10:45 PM

Of course the Chiefs would never go with an unproven HC.

Like Todd Haley, for example. :doh!:

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Of course the Chiefs would never go with an unproven HC.

Like Todd Haley, for example. :doh!:
Or Gunther.

Or Gansz.

Or Mackovic.

Or Levy.

Or Pratt.

Discuss has entered fucking moron status.

Kudos. I hope you're better at finance than understanding football or you're fucked.

Dave Lane
07-01-2015, 11:15 PM
It's becoming more of a homer board because the "negative" people have grown tired of the Chiefs attempting the same failed plan for the last 30 years and are growing disinterested.

Totally this.

Tombstone RJ
07-01-2015, 11:16 PM
I don't get the hate for this guy. I've seen people compare him to Herm Edwards. He's the best coach in this franchises history. A top 10 coach in the league who's only had 3 losing seasons and 150 wins.

Dick Vermiel has at least won a SB.... just say'n...

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2015, 11:17 PM

LMAO

He was so important to their Super Bowl team that the Rams said "Get the fuck out" two minutes after they won.

Psyko Tek
07-01-2015, 11:21 PM

my problem is he game plans for an offense he does not have

he plays to the pass, which we ain't got
ignores the great running back we do have
he will pass when a JC run would be perfect
because he is an offensive genious, that means throw, cost seattle the superbowl,
is fucking this team until they get a franchise QB

Rams Fan
07-01-2015, 11:26 PM

You do realize that Vermeil was about to be fired in St. Louis if he didn't hire Martz, correct?

Chiefshrink
07-01-2015, 11:27 PM
LMAO

He was so important to their Super Bowl team that the Rams said "Get the **** out" two minutes after they won.

And they paid a huge price and found out differently in the long run.;)

Rams Fan
07-01-2015, 11:28 PM

That Jay Zygmunt/John Shaw were fucking terrible front office people, causing Martz to become paranoid and what should have been a dynasty to decline into absolute garbage?

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2015, 11:32 PM

Nonsense.

They won a Super Bowl and should have won another but Belichick cheated for the first time.

tk13
07-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Martz never, ever learned to do two things: 1) protect the QB and 2) eliminate turnovers. He didn't care about either, and that's why he never really reached his potential. It's often not one person, but the right mix of people that makes a difference. Vermeil and Martz were great together because Martz's weaknesses were the things Vermeil stressed all the time, and vice versa. Once Martz was left to do what he wanted... he never recaptured the magic. And he let his QBs get beat up.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2015, 04:04 AM
ROFL I can't wait for this season. None of these ****ing morons better jump on the bandwagon.

Don't be a fucking retard. NOBODY that has been a Chiefs fan on this board for the last ten years can ever be accused of bandwagoning, no matter how negative they are. That's literally the dumbest Facebook shit I've read over this entire offseason.

Easy 6
07-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Martz never, ever learned to do two things: 1) protect the QB and 2) eliminate turnovers. He didn't care about either, and that's why he never really reached his potential. It's often not one person, but the right mix of people that makes a difference. Vermeil and Martz were great together because Martz's weaknesses were the things Vermeil stressed all the time, and vice versa. Once Martz was left to do what he wanted... he never recaptured the magic. And he let his QBs get beat up.

Spot on.

Eleazar
07-02-2015, 05:55 AM
I honestly think there are some people on CP who don't care to see the team win unless they do it in the specific ways that person thinks they should.

BossChief
07-02-2015, 06:16 AM
I honestly think there are some people on CP who don't care to see the team win unless they do it in the specific ways that person thinks they should.

That's unfair.

Certain posters have watched the whole nfl (not just the Chiefs) for decades and see a common trend that's undeniable. Teams with premier quarterbacks win almost every Super Bowl. The line in the sand is drawn because of standards. Or at least perceived standards.

IMO, Some of those same posters have seen KC trade for backup quarterbacks over and over with little to no results. Wasting endless years of potential for some loaded teams.

Some of those same guys see the trade for Alex as "going back to watch the same movie, hoping to see a different ending"...I can relate to that. That's how I felt regarding the trade for Cassel. The difference here is Alex Smith is made for Andy's offense (and will destroy worlds in it if he can remember where he left his nuts) and actually has talent.

Personally, I think OTWP (and many others) are gonna really enjoy the second half of this season as Alex starts to play at a level higher than any quarterback we've had in KC for a very very long time and wins us a playoff game or 2.

Hopefully that will renew their enjoyment.

chiefzilla1501
07-02-2015, 06:18 AM

Throwing at the 1 in the Superbowl wasn't dumb. Calling a high-risk pass at the 1 was dumb.

Hootie
07-02-2015, 09:47 AM
I think I will give Reid credit for something no one has really mentioned ... in his two years as coach, we've been competitive nearly every Sunday. Even in games I thought we'd get throttled, he's managed to get the team prepared and it's always a ball game. There have been a few exceptions, but for the most part, every Sunday is somewhat enjoyable, even when we lose (to the point of, well, at least we had a chance in the 4th quarter if this, this and that happened). With Pioli/Haley/Crennel, some of those games (in fact, I'd say half, if not more) got so out of hand it was awful. It made the Chiefs unbearable for the most part.

And I realize all of the naysayers are all like, "oooh, oh, omg 9-7 whooopdeedoo!"

...well the New York Giants have parlayed two of those seasons into Super Bowls by getting hot at the right time, and you can't win a Super Bowl without getting to the playoffs.

...and it's very unrealistic to think NFL teams are going to "Houston Astros" it for 5 years so they can "rebuild the right way." It's not possible. There are no sure thing QB's sans Andrew Luck that are ever drafted. There have been teams that draft a QB in the 1st round every 3 years that still suck because they can't find a franchise QB. Finding a QB isn't nearly as easy as this board makes it out to be.

Of course we all want an Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Unfortunately, those are about 1 in 50 even in the most elite of prospects.

RunKC
07-02-2015, 09:58 AM
this place will change when the Chiefs win a playoff game and keep getting in the playoffs on a regular basis, which is what they are building.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Don't be a ****ing retard. NOBODY that has been a Chiefs fan on this board for the last ten years can ever be accused of bandwagoning, no matter how negative they are. That's literally the dumbest Facebook shit I've read over this entire offseason.

I think you took the word "bandwagon" a little too literal. I'm simply saying the pessimists (not on the Reid/Dorsey/Smith "bandwagon") don't deserve to enjoy/celebrate what's coming this season. You gotta be the retard to think I meant these people aren't Chiefs fans. Chill out man ROFL

BossChief
07-02-2015, 10:49 AM
I think you took the word "bandwagon" a little too literal. I'm simply saying the pessimists (not on the Reid/Dorsey/Smith "bandwagon") don't deserve to enjoy/celebrate what's coming this season. You gotta be the retard to think I meant these people aren't Chiefs fans. Chill out man ROFL

Don't deserve to enjoy/celebrate what's coming this season?

How many playoff games have you attended/driven to?

I'm pretty sure Path went to every one that last 20 years.

GTFO with that bs

The Franchise
07-02-2015, 10:52 AM

You going to have the time to watch? I mean shit....with all of that "scouting" you do.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2015, 10:57 AM

I simply responded to what you said, player. Feel free to move the goal posts now. I would too.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2015, 10:59 AM
You going to have the time to watch? I mean shit....with all of that "scouting" you do.

I thought he was just a player. This dude scouts too? DAMN!

staylor26
07-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Don't deserve to enjoy/celebrate what's coming this season?

How many playoff games have you attended/driven to?

I'm pretty sure Path went to every one that last 20 years.

GTFO with that bs

Didn't you just basically say the same thing telling them a few pages back they should join Pioli in Atlanta? :rolleyes:

Due to living in South Florida I haven't been to a Chiefs playoff game once in my life, but I don't miss a game when they come to FL and I've been to Arrowhead for regular season games.

Truth is I couldn't care less how many playoff games these pessimists have been to, the fact that we have a top 5 coach and soon to be recognized as one of the best GM's in the NFL and these idiots can't see nor appreciate it, they don't deserve what's coming IMO.

BossChief
07-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Didn't you just basically say the same thing telling them a few pages back they should join Pioli in Atlanta? :rolleyes:

That was said to discuss in jest

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 11:16 AM

I for one re-welcome our Pioli overlords.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 11:16 AM

Your obsession with me is creepy. Sorry that I enjoy the draft process and really get into it and it bothers me when guys on here have terrible takes on prospects they haven't even watched.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 11:22 AM

And what I said wasn't? Of course they have every right to be excited once we kick the Broncos ass week 2 on Thursday night and get this thing going. I'm just annoyed with the lack of perspective of these pessimists. Look man, I see that you get it. This regime is a breath of fresh air and it's fun. How does it not irritate you to see these guys be unappreciative of this new regime? We have one of the best HC/GM duos in the NFL right now and these guys want to compare them to Pioli/Haley/Romeo/Carl/Vermeil :banghead:

The Franchise
07-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Your obsession with me is creepy. Sorry that I enjoy the draft process and really get into it and it bothers me when guys on here have terrible takes on prospects they haven't even watched.

LMAO obsession? This is now what....the 3rd time I've said it? And this time was basically calling you out on your stupid comment. The time before that was because you said that you didn't care what Mizzou fans thought of Morse because you watched 6-7 games and paid attention to only him.

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 11:26 AM
LMAO obsession? This is now what....the 3rd time I've said it? And this time was basically calling you out on your stupid comment. The time before that was because you said that you didn't care what Mizzou fans thought of Morse because you watched 6-7 games and paid attention to only him.

That's almost as good as a post as the 3-3-6 defense.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 11:36 AM

Yea I did after we drafted him. If I trust my own eyes why should I care what these same pessimists think if they don't see all the talent the Chiefs have and aren't happy with Dorsey's drafts (despite them being very good IMO)?

Once again I will pose this question to you and maybe I'll finally get an answer. Do you not agree that the majority of this board has opinions on prospects they've never watched? That's ignorance. The second we drafted Morse I was pretty disapointed. Not bc I didn't like him as a prospect, but bc I didn't want a C that early and I was unaware of his stock getting so high by draft day. I'm not an ignorant person and open minded, so instead of freaking out about it I took notice that Mayock had him in his top 5 interior OL rankings went back and watched those games and came away feeling we got a guy not that far off from Erving a round later.

That's the difference between being an ignorant pessimistic moron and an open minded intelligent fan that is aware that the people that do this for a living know more than I do and I should give them the benefit of the doubt or at least see for myself before bitching like a teenage girl.

You try to make me out to be an arrogant armchair GM, but that's where you're wrong. Who's more arrogant? The person that doesn't do their homework on any of these prospects yet still believes they know better than John Dorsey, or the person that does their homework yet still is completely aware that they don't know nearly as much as the guys that do this for a living?

The Franchise
07-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Yea I did after we drafted him. If I trust my own eyes why should I care what these same pessimists think if they don't see all the talent the Chiefs have and aren't happy with Dorsey's drafts (despite them being very good IMO)?

Once again I will pose this question to you and maybe I'll finally get an answer. Do you not agree that the majority of this board has opinions on prospects they've never watched? That's ignorance. The second we drafted Morse I was pretty disapointed. Not bc I didn't like him as a prospect, but bc I didn't want a C that early and I was unaware of his stock getting so high by draft day. I'm not an ignorant person and open minded, so instead of freaking out about it I took notice that Mayock had him in his top 5 interior OL rankings went back and watched those games and came away feeling we got a guy not that far off from Erving a round later.

That's the difference between being an ignorant pessimistic moron and an open minded intelligent fan that is aware that the people that do this for a living know more than I do and I should give them the benefit of the doubt or at least see for myself before bitching like a teenage girl.

You try to make me out to be an arrogant armchair GM, but that's where you're wrong. Who's more arrogant? The person that doesn't do their homework on any of these prospects yet still believes they know better than John Dorsey, or the person that does their homework yet still is completely aware that they don't know nearly as much as the guys that do this for a living?

So you've made it your mission to show these "ignorant pessimistic morons" where they're wrong by claiming that you know more than they do?

And you know that ALL of them have these opinions without doing any research? So Hamas, who is a Mizzou fan and watches the games, doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Morse? And that's because of what exactly?

You want to put your opinions of players out there.....that's fine. But don't start off with...."Mizzou fans don't know dick about this guy. I watched 6 games and paid attention to only him......so I know more."

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Due to living in South Florida I haven't been to a Chiefs playoff game once in my life, but I don't miss a game when they come to FL and I've been to Arrowhead for regular season games.

Truth is I couldn't care less how many playoff games these pessimists have been to, the fact that we have a top 5 coach and soon to be recognized as one of the best GM's in the NFL and these idiots can't see nor appreciate it, they don't deserve what's coming IMO.

Any fucking long time fan of this shit show has deserved it for a long time, you fucking masochist.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 12:03 PM
So you've made it your mission to show these "ignorant pessimistic morons" where they're wrong by claiming that you know more than they do?

And you know that ALL of them have these opinions without doing any research? So Hamas, who is a Mizzou fan and watches the games, doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Morse? And that's because of what exactly?

You want to put your opinions of players out there.....that's fine. But don't start off with...."Mizzou fans don't know dick about this guy. I watched 6 games and paid attention to only him......so I know more."

I tried to tell these a lot of these same people about Kelce last offseason (before his great preseason), but I was laughed at.

Tried to tell them about Gaines and mentioned I had him in my top 5 CB's, and got ridiculed for that. Still trying to tell them he's going to have a great sophomore season.

This offseason I've been hyping up Murray as our QBOTF, a guy I had pegged as a perfect fit with Reid before last years draft and same thing.

I'm just sick of the lack of perspective and ability to have an open minded conversation about our young talent.

Here's another example. You can't bring Catapano up on this board without being mocked. Why is that? He's got a shit ton of potential (even guys like DeVito on the team see it) and could easily be a great rotational guy on the line for us that comes up with some big sacks. This place shits on any sign of optimism, and it's things like that that make me want to call out the ignorance on this board. Why is that a problem for you?

The Franchise
07-02-2015, 12:06 PM
I tried to tell these a lot of these same people about Kelce last offseason (before his great preseason), but I was laughed at.

Tried to tell them about Gaines and mentioned I had him in my top 5 CB's, and got ridiculed for that. Still trying to tell them he's going to have a great sophomore season.

This offseason I've been hyping up Murray as our QBOTF, a guy I had pegged as a perfect fit with Reid before last years draft and same thing.

I'm just sick of the lack of perspective and ability to have an open minded conversation about our young talent.

Here's another example. You can't bring Catapano up on this board without being mocked. Why is that? He's got a shit ton of potential (even guys like DeVito on the team see it) and could easily be a great rotational guy on the line for us that comes up with some big sacks. This place shits on any sign of optimism, and it's things like that that make me want to call out the ignorance on this board. Why is that a problem for you?

So you've got Kelce to hang your hat on. Congrats....a lot of people were wrong about him.

Shitting on optimism? You know what this board shits on....blind fucking optimism of EVERY fucking player that the Chiefs draft. If Catapano was on another team....no one would give a fuck who he is. But because he's here (and hasn't done shit)....he's the second coming of Reggie White. He's going to get 20 sacks a season! Reality? The dude hasn't proven shit yet.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 12:13 PM
So you've got Kelce to hang your hat on. Congrats....a lot of people were wrong about him.

Shitting on optimism? You know what this board shits on....blind ****ing optimism of EVERY ****ing player that the Chiefs draft. If Catapano was on another team....no one would give a **** who he is. But because he's here (and hasn't done shit)....he's the second coming of Reggie White. He's going to get 20 sacks a season! Reality? The dude hasn't proven shit yet.

And I'll have Gaines too after this season. If you couldn't see that after he shut down Sanders last season then you will after he gets a full season under his belt.

Yea bc saying Catapano has a fairly high ceiling as a pass rusher in this scheme is blind optimism :rolleyes:

How are you going to compare saying he's he second coming of Reggie White to me saying he should be a good rotational pass rusher that can get us some big sacks this year?

The Franchise
07-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Yea and I'll have Gaines too after this season. If you couldn't see that after he shut down Sanders last season than you will after he gets a full season under his belt.

Yea bc saying Catapano has a fairly high ceiling as a pass rusher in this scheme is blind optimism :rolleyes:

How are you going to compare saying he's he second coming of Reggie White to me saying he should be a good rotational pass rusher that can get us some big sacks this year?

Go search for SeeingRed threads and then get back to me.

BossChief
07-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Catapano has some talent, but there are guys saying his floor is 10 sacks. I mean, c'mon.

Devito
Bailey
Howard
Irving

He's gonna be in a big fight to be put on game day rosters and not be a scratch.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Go search for SeeingRed threads and then get back to me.

Oh I know what thread you're talking about. Him getting 10 sacks... I completely agree that was taking it wayyyy too far ROFL

-King-
07-02-2015, 12:28 PM
How exactly did Catapano become such a liked player? Why do so many people think he's so good? Is it the Andy Studebaker, Boomer Grigsby factor?

staylor26
07-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Catapano has some talent, but there are guys saying his floor is 10 sacks. I mean, c'mon.

Devito
Bailey
Howard
Irving

He's gonna be in a big fight to be put on game day rosters and not be a scratch.

You're forgetting Nunez-Roches. He will definitely make the team unless Irving blows everyone away at camp and in the preseason. I think Cat will definitely be on the active roster though. Dorsey/the coaching staff/teammates think pretty highly of him from what I've seen.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 12:30 PM
How exactly did Catapano become such a liked player? Why do so many people think he's so good? Is it the Andy Studebaker, Boomer Grigsby factor?

Catapano was one of those guys that was on just about every sleeper list you could find before the draft. He has great measurables and was very productive in college as a pass rusher. He might not be Jared Allen, but he's not Studebaker or Grigsby either.

BossChief
07-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Studebaker and Grigsby had good measurables and college production, too.

staylor26
07-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Studebaker and Grigsby had good measurables and college production, too.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it's to the level that Cat did. They also didn't flash it at any time while Cat did in his very first NFL game. Cat was essentially the late round/pass rusher version of Conley. I remember just about every draft fan begging for their team to take him on day 3.

RunKC
07-02-2015, 12:42 PM
I agree with staylor on some points.
It's so annoying seeing people constantly be negative when this is a good time to be a Chiefs fan. Constantly saying they are like the old regimes.

Back to back winning seasons and 20 wins while rebuilding this roster. We are going to win a playoff game soon. We are heading in the right direction.

This is NOT like any regime I've ever seen from this franchise. These guys appear to be doing this right and it's slowly showing through.

We are building a consistent playoff contestant and that's the best thing you can ask for.

ptlyon
07-02-2015, 12:43 PM
7-9

BossChief
07-02-2015, 01:18 PM
I could be wrong, but I doubt it's to the level that Cat did. They also didn't flash it at any time while Cat did in his very first NFL game. Cat was essentially the late round/pass rusher version of Conley. I remember just about every draft fan begging for their team to take him on day 3.

Studebakers times from his proday were almost equal to Demarcus Wares and had 17.5 sacks his last year. He was drafted in the 6th round and we got him on waivers.

I had him as my breakout player in 2010 iirc

I talked with Boomer Grigsbys grandparents at camp almost every year he was in KC. The kid had like 200 tackles in his last year in college. That guy was the epitome of fan favorite...until BigCAT came along

Kman34
07-02-2015, 01:22 PM
I agree with staylor on some points.
It's so annoying seeing people constantly be negative when this is a good time to be a Chiefs fan. Constantly saying they are like the old regimes.

Back to back winning seasons and 20 wins while rebuilding this roster. We are going to win a playoff game soon. We are heading in the right direction.

This is NOT like any regime I've ever seen from this franchise. These guys appear to be doing this right and it's slowly showing through.

We are building a consistent playoff contestant and that's the best thing you can ask for.

This... We are taking over the AFC West...:thumb:

staylor26
07-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Studebakers times from his proday were almost equal to Demarcus Wares and had 17.5 sacks his last year. He was drafted in the 6th round and we got him on waivers.

I had him as my breakout player in 2010 iirc

I talked with Boomer Grigsbys grandparents at camp almost every year he was in KC. The kid had like 200 tackles in his last year in college. That guy was the epitome of fan favorite...until BigCAT came along

Damn I remember looking back at Studebakers measurables/stats, but don't remember them being THAT good. Still feel Catapano was a much better prospect than those guys though and in a much better situation with Dorsey/Reid/Sutton overseeing him. We also have yet to see him play with the added size/strength. I think his ceiling is Jarret Johnson.

BossChief
07-02-2015, 01:58 PM
If Catapano can give us what Jimmy Wilkerson used to a few years back, I'll be happy.

staylor26
05-01-2016, 02:11 PM

Thought it would be fun to go back a year.

:)

jspchief
05-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Garbage bump

O.city
05-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Thought it would be fun to go back a year.

:)

You were a solid 1 for 2

staylor26
05-01-2016, 03:32 PM
You were a solid 1 for 2

I took my L on Cat a long time ago. All I said was he could develop into a really good situational pass rusher. Who knows maybe he actually does at some point. He was 7th round pick and he's still in the league, so not all is lost.

I was right on Kelce. Gaines too if the ****er could stay healthy.

I'm also going to be right about Chris Jones when he destroys worlds.

Titty Meat
05-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Glad I made this thread. I love Andy Reid he's a great coach.

NJChiefsFan
05-01-2016, 06:16 PM
I took my L on Cat a long time ago. All I said was he could develop into a really good situational pass rusher. Who knows maybe he actually does at some point. He was 7th round pick and he's still in the league, so not all is lost.

I was right on Kelce. Gaines too if the ****er could stay healthy.

I'm also going to be right about Chris Jones when he destroys worlds.

When you say "right about Chris Jones" are you implying you are going to be in some minority there or am I just reading that the wrong way? Plenty of people loved the Kelce pick as well. I specifically remember a lot of positive comments about the Gaines pick. Even pre-draft.

Is there a legit reason you are trying to compliment yourself here, like being called out or something? Or are you just patting yourself on the back?