PDA

View Full Version : Life So, got my car window busted out last night...

luv
07-02-2015, 08:16 AM
I went to a local park to walk/jog. When I got there, I did my usual and put my purse in the passenger floor board and covered it up. However, I noticed there was a guy in a vehicle not far from me. I didn't know if he saw what I was doing, so I got a little spooked and decided to put it in my trunk.

I went for an hour long walk/jog and took a few pictures at the park when I was through. Upon returning to my car, there was a park ranger waiting for me. My driver's window had been busted out. They got in the trunk and took my purse. That was it.

A couple with a baby that had been parked near me heard an alarm as they left their car. They thought someone had tried pulling in and hit their car so they turned around to go back. They saw someone run around and hop into a large, black, newer model Ford Raptor with black rims and tinted windows and speed off. Unfortunately, they did not get a plate number. They were nice enough to call the park ranger, and they waited there until I was done with my walk before they left.

I got the parks report number, called to report it with the police (an officer actually would have been there, but he was at the local dog park on a similar call), cancelled my debit card, and filed it with my insurance. Now I just have to talk with insurance, get a new window and tint, new license, reopen a new bank account (I actually had checks in my purse for the first time in over two years), blah blah blah....

They probably got they were getting lucky. I drive a Lexus, so they probably thought they hit the jackpot. Joke's on them. I do not have any credit cards, I had $45 cash (which I never carry cash...doh!). The manager of my bank is a family friend. She called me first thing this morning to go over yesterday's charges with me. So far, they got $94 in gas last night and they tried using it as a local hospital this morning. Since I had checks in my purse, she closed my account and opened a new one. I guess I should get a printout from her to add the information to my police report.

Anyway, at least I'm fine. Just have to deal with the stress of getting everything cancelled and redone, filed, replaced, etc. They do have my license, which freaks me out a little, but I'm just more pissed off than anything.

Moral of the story, don't take anything with me when I go to the park. I can see why parks with trails are popular. As opposed to shopping malls, where ladies take their purses in with them, ladies do not carry their purses with them when they walk. Plus, with the trails, they know you're going to be gone for a while.

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2015, 08:24 AM
That sucks. I would be furious just for having to close the account and open a new one, not to mention having to get a new license.

POS criminals.

Hamwallet
07-02-2015, 08:25 AM
A Ford Raptor and snatching purses?

Hammock Parties
07-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Don't EVER leave me neg rep again. Thanks for the gas.

srvy
07-02-2015, 08:28 AM
hate hearing stuff like that. But maybe as a consolation prize for you he cut his hand wide open breaking the glass and will the use of it. Strange to use at a hospital maybe the got him on camera.

luv
07-02-2015, 08:29 AM

LMAO

luv
07-02-2015, 08:30 AM
hate hearing stuff like that. But maybe as a consolation prize for you he cut his hand wide open breaking the glass and will the use of it. Strange to use at a hospital maybe the got him on camera.

I'm hoping so. Definitely why I want to get the info from the bank to add to the report.

Bugeater
07-02-2015, 08:31 AM
I think about this type of shit a lot when I'm out on my rides. I try to leave as little as possible in my Jeep and never anything in sight. With as often as I've done it I'm surprised I've never had any issues.

Predarat
07-02-2015, 08:35 AM
I hate thieving scum shitbags. Sorry that happened to you.

luv
07-02-2015, 08:40 AM

Um...could I at least get my license and birth control pills back?

luv
07-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I think about this type of shit a lot when I'm out on my rides. I try to leave as little as possible in my Jeep and never anything in sight. With as often as I've done it I'm surprised I've never had any issues.

See, I think it was someone actually seeing me put my purse in my trunk that prompted them. I don't usually do that. I usually either leave it at home or cover it up in the passenger floor board with a scarf that I leave there for that exact purpose.

I also parked a little further up the lot from the other cars than I usually do. I thought I'd give myself a bit more of a warmup before starting my mapmyrun app. I'm actually lucky I even took my phone with me. I forgot my headphones, and I know the miles markers on the trail. I really didn't even need to run the app. So happy I did, or else it would have been in my purse too.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Ha, I bet he shit himself when he found out all he got was a bag full of Dildos

The Franchise
07-02-2015, 09:11 AM
That fucking sucks. There's an IT guy in my office that had his car window broken out last Christmas while he was across the street at a Starbucks. Dude was literally out of his car for maybe 5 minutes. He had EVERYTHING in his work case.....giftcards, cash, credit cards....you name it. He lost everything that he got for Christmas on top of what he normally had.

MTG#10
07-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Springfield is a cesspool of crime. Parks are a horrible place to go anymore, you're the third person this month I've heard about getting a broken window at a park. Was it Sequiota by chance?

loochy
07-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Springfield is a cesspool of crime. Parks are a horrible place to go anymore, you're the third person this month I've heard about getting a broken window at a park.

So THAT'S where Direkshun has been.

Hammock Parties
07-02-2015, 09:15 AM
I leave my back door open for 2-3 hours at a time several times a week. I'm probably incredibly lucky.

Why Not?
07-02-2015, 09:22 AM
That sucks. Happened to me last year in Vegas. I was lulled into a false sense of security because I parked in a hotel parking garage. Had a pistol locked in my glove box along with some cash. These guys must have been "pros" because they smashed out the window, cut my battery wire to silence the alarm, and picked the glove box. Moral of the story:

I was a dumbass for leaving anything of value in my car. I learned a valuable lesson the hard way. Never again will I leave anything worth anything in my car.

Last thing, here's a tip I got from my insurance guy that I think makes lots of sense: I keep my insurance info on my phone and have blacked out the address on my registration card. If a thief breaks into your car and grabs your address and garage door opener, plus knows your not home, it could be a nightmare.

gblowfish
07-02-2015, 09:32 AM
I think the laws should be much harsher on dicks like this. The reason this keeps up is there's no real jail time for non violent crime.

Oxford
07-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Springfield is a cesspool of crime. Parks are a horrible place to go anymore, you're the third person this month I've heard about getting a broken window at a park. Was it Sequiota by chance?

BS. The crime rate is so low here they don't even bother to put Municipal criminals in jail. Just as the Police Chief, Sheriff and the Mayor and City Manager

MTG#10
07-02-2015, 09:36 AM
BS. The crime rate is so low here they don't even bother to put Municipal criminals in jail. Just as the Police Chief, Sheriff and the Mayor and City Manager

My sarcasm meter is a bit off, but I'm going to assume you're joking. This place has gone to hell in the last 10 years.

Ok after re-reading you're obviously being sarcastic. It's been a long week.

ModSocks
07-02-2015, 09:43 AM
A Ford Raptor and snatching purses?

My first thought as well.

Tombstone RJ
07-02-2015, 09:45 AM
That sucks. I had my car broken into when I was living in downtown Denver. All they got was a rather pedestrian after market stereo deck. I was like "really?". My car was parked right in front of my apartment building too. After the initial pissed off emotions, I was more thankful that no valuables were stolen. I never keep anything valuable in my car.

ModSocks
07-02-2015, 09:46 AM
And yes, thieves are the fucking worst. I hate 'em.

A friend of mine had a friend that was a real piece of shit. The kid belonged in a body bag for all the fucked up shit he did and bragged about. One of those things was to walk down the street and check the doors on every car to see if they were unlocked....

He claimed that if the car wasn't locked, it was your fault and he was free to take what he wanted....god i hated that guy.

MTG#10
07-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Last thing, here's a tip I got from my insurance guy that I think makes lots of sense: I keep my insurance info on my phone and have blacked out the address on my registration card. If a thief breaks into your car and grabs your address and garage door opener, plus knows your not home, it could be a nightmare.

Great advice.

luv
07-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Welp, I have a $500 deductible on my comprehensive. Window won't cost me that much, so it will be out-of-pocket. Nothing in the purse is covered, because it was not permanently attached to the vehicle. I would have to claim it under my homeowner/renter policy. I just moved back home temporarily, so I cancelled my renter insurance three weeks ago. Anything spent to replace anything in my purse will also be out-of-pocket. I sure hope the motherfuckers had fun on the $45 cash I had in there.

Hydrae
07-02-2015, 09:57 AM
I bet there is a camera at the station where they bought gas. That was pretty stupid and should allow the cops to find them pretty quickly.

ModSocks
07-02-2015, 10:04 AM

To take that a step further, my co-worker refuses to put pictures of his family in his car's entertainment system screensaver, and doesn't save his home address in the navigation...for those very same reasons.

Hootie
07-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Welp, I have a $500 deductible on my comprehensive. Window won't cost me that much, so it will be out-of-pocket. Nothing in the purse is covered, because it was not permanently attached to the vehicle. I would have to claim it under my homeowner/renter policy. I just moved back home temporarily, so I cancelled my renter insurance three weeks ago. Anything spent to replace anything in my purse will also be out-of-pocket. I sure hope the mother****ers had fun on the $45 cash I had in there.

that really sucks

scum of the earth, some people are

Bugeater
07-02-2015, 10:35 AM
I think the laws should be much harsher on dicks like this. The reason this keeps up is there's no real jail time for non violent crime.

It doesn't help that the police won't take the time to investigate them. Like others have mentioned, there are probably cameras at the places they used the cards but they're useless if the police won't utilize them.

DeepSouth
07-02-2015, 10:36 AM
I sure hope the motherfuckers had fun on the $45 cash I had in there.
And the tampons women always carry in their purse.

kepp
07-02-2015, 10:50 AM
If they tried to pay a medical bill at the hospital, it should be pretty easy for the cops to track them down.

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Here I am worried about where to move to in KC out of concerns that my car will get vandalized when this shit is going down here in the wonderful Queen City of the Ozarks.

#MurderfieldMO

ModSocks
07-02-2015, 10:57 AM
And the tampons women always carry in their purse.

LMAO

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 10:58 AM
LMAO

Hey, it'll be good for the inevitable punch in the nose luv's purse thief will receive from one of his fellow dirt merchants scuzzing around Springfield.

stumppy
07-02-2015, 10:59 AM
The cops aren't going to mess with it. In Springfield if it's not a felony they won't bother with it unless they just happen to stumble across something thats happening at that time.
I know this from previous experience with them.
Had someone try and rip me off for $300 on my debit card. I caught it, knew who it was, basically handed them the person on a silver platter. The "detective' flat out told me they don't havew the manpower to pursue anthing except felonies.

BWillie
07-02-2015, 11:18 AM
I leave my back door open for 2-3 hours at a time several times a week. I'm probably incredibly lucky.

I used to never lock my house or car doors, for years. Never had any issues. I lock it up now though, even though it probably makes no difference.

scho63
07-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Shame the hospital didn't call the police when they tried to use the card.

Predarat
07-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Im going to have to go typical Chiefs Planet Man Tit Wiggling Super Macho Man in here and hope that the next time they do this they get shot in the ****ing face and it kills them to death. No need to feed and shelter these shitheads in jail for a few weeks only to have them let out again doing the same thing.

BWillie
07-02-2015, 11:22 AM
The cops aren't going to mess with it. In Springfield if it's not a felony they won't bother with it unless they just happen to stumble across something thats happening at that time.
Had someone try and rip me off for $300 on my debit card. I caught it, knew who it was, basically handed them the person on a silver platter. The "detective' flat out told me they don't havew the manpower to pursue anthing except felonies.

All cops are like this, it's pretty sad. I had a similar instance. I had all my clothes stolen from me in college. That might not sound like a big deal, but I went to the laundry mat and had 10 different washers and dryers going at the same time with virtually all my clothes. Probably like $300-$500 worth of clothes, not even accounting for what they were new. They caught it on camera, I knew who did it, I could see some of my clothes from their window of their apartment and the cops would not do anything. I kept following up with them asking if they went to the landry mat and checked the cameras (because it confirms who did it) and everytime they just acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. At one point after I pestered them enough, the cop said that their video system didn't work, which was a lie because I sat down with the landry mat owner and watched the flipping video. When I followed up with the owner of the landry mat at a later time, he said no police ever contacted him about it. IT was extremely frustrating.

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 11:24 AM
All cops are like this, it's pretty sad. I had a similar instance. I had all my clothes stolen from me in college. That might not sound like a big deal, but I went to the laundry mat and had 10 different washers and dryers going at the same time with virtually all my clothes. Probably like $300-$500 worth of clothes, not even accounting for what they were new. They caught it on camera, I knew who did it, I could see some of my clothes from their window of their apartment and the cops would not do anything. I kept following up with them asking if they went to the landry mat and checked the cameras (because it confirms who did it) and everytime they just acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. IT was extremely frustrating.

Sadly enough you have to live by the adage "if you can't bear to lose it, don't bring it out in public."

What sucks for you is that you have to do laundry.. so I guess the adage is "don't bring anything in public you can't keep an eye on at all times."

Bugeater
07-02-2015, 11:30 AM
But oddly enough there's no shortage of manpower when it comes to writing speeding tickets and other minor traffic violations.

BWillie
07-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Sadly enough you have to live by the adage "if you can't bear to lose it, don't bring it out in public."

What sucks for you is that you have to do laundry.. so I guess the adage is "don't bring anything in public you can't keep an eye on at all times."

Yeah, I mean I should have stayed and watched it. But that still doesn't give someone the right to take your shit. After I washed all my clothes, I put them in the dryer all at the same time. Then I would walk to the local convenience store and get a soda or a snack and come back, no more than 15 minutes, while the clothes were drying. I had done this 9 or 10 times before, and had a good system down. Since I didn't like doing laundry one at a time, I would just use up all my clothes and when I didn't have much left I'd do them all at one time versus using the 1 or 2 washers in dryers in our dorm. I had seen this guy at the laundry mat before, and pretty sure he saw me do this before and figured it was an easy opportunity.

BWillie
07-02-2015, 11:36 AM
But oddly enough there's no shortage of manpower when it comes to writing speeding tickets and other minor traffic violations.

Yeah, that's because it's easy. Cops like easy.

beach tribe
07-02-2015, 11:40 AM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sh7B7s3-pGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe
07-02-2015, 11:42 AM
All cops are like this, it's pretty sad. I had a similar instance. I had all my clothes stolen from me in college. That might not sound like a big deal, but I went to the laundry mat and had 10 different washers and dryers going at the same time with virtually all my clothes. Probably like $300-$500 worth of clothes, not even accounting for what they were new. They caught it on camera, I knew who did it, I could see some of my clothes from their window of their apartment and the cops would not do anything. I kept following up with them asking if they went to the landry mat and checked the cameras (because it confirms who did it) and everytime they just acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. At one point after I pestered them enough, the cop said that their video system didn't work, which was a lie because I sat down with the landry mat owner and watched the flipping video. When I followed up with the owner of the landry mat at a later time, he said no police ever contacted him about it. IT was extremely frustrating.

Too busy beating someone to death for failure to "comply".

stumppy
07-02-2015, 11:42 AM

I know. Thats what pisses me off the most. They've also got plenty of manpower to send a few officers out to arrest you on a bench warrant if you don't show up for court on any of those tickets.

Rain Man
07-02-2015, 11:47 AM
I hate thieving scum shitbags. Sorry that happened to you.

I was about to say the exact same thing. People like this deserve to die in a ditch. In the rain.

I heard or read somewhere that property crimes aren't really investigated at all any more. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's kind of scary if so. Society is basically relying on the good will of its citizens, and not all of those citizens are good people.

ThaVirus
07-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Too busy being heroes and putting their lives on the line for the good of their communities

FYP

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 11:56 AM
I was about to say the exact same thing. People like this deserve to die in a ditch. In the rain.

I heard or read somewhere that property crimes aren't really investigated at all any more. Dunno if that's true or not, but it's kind of scary if so. Society is basically relying on the good will of its citizens, and not all of those citizens are good people.

Going after drug offenses = big Federal grant payday and possible windfalls for departments under civil asset forfeiture.

Going after drunk drivers = big Federal grant paydays and revenue from drunk driving tickets.

Going after violent criminals = proves that the police are protecting the community and gets certain officers a bit of the limelight.

There's no incentive in tracking down a petty thief because it won't net departments money and won't net them any sort of positive press.

Munson
07-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear about this. I fucking hate thieving scumbag pieces of shit.

KCrockaholic
07-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Sorry to hear, Luv. It's impossible to trust anybody outside of your close circle/family.

I had my sub-woofers stolen out of the back of my Jeep a few years ago. They came with the vehicle when I bought it, so I didn't lose much on them, but they were very expensive. I lived near JCCC at the time, so I'm sure it was college aged kids being assholes.

Similar story to yours... My dad had his vehicle/window broken into at Garden of the Gods in Colorado as he was going for a morning run.

BullJunkandIron
07-02-2015, 12:09 PM
I want to torture the thieves. I had my tools stolen out of a storage unit next to the Ozark County, MO Sheriffs Department. Ran a ad in the newspaper with reward more than they could get for the tools. Never heard a peep. Had a motorcycle stolen in Ava, MO. Got my home stereo stolen out of my garage in Pittsburg, KS.

beach tribe
07-02-2015, 01:14 PM
I want to torture the thieves. I had my tools stolen out of a storage unit next to the Ozark County, MO Sheriffs Department. Ran a ad in the newspaper with reward more than they could get for the tools. Never heard a peep. Had a motorcycle stolen in Ava, MO. Got my home stereo stolen out of my garage in Pittsburg, KS.

Stealing a man's tools, especially if he earns his living with them, should be punishable by death.

beach tribe
07-02-2015, 01:16 PM
I have no problem with stealing from huge corporations, though.
It think it's awesome..

MahiMike
07-02-2015, 01:23 PM
I would have driven my car to another location, placed the purse in the trunk then went back to the park.

I remember having these conversations w/my daughter when she started driving. Never put anything (change) in sight for these idiots to break in.

If they don't see you put the stuff in the trunk, they'll be less curious.

But you know all this stuff now...)

Kman34
07-02-2015, 01:26 PM

Unless you get caught in the act or on camera and can be Identified.. You can get away with larceny..

Eleazar
07-02-2015, 01:26 PM
i suppose you are pretty lucky if you live in a place where you are just now learning in 2015 not to leave valuables sitting out in your car

rockymtnchief
07-02-2015, 02:02 PM
On the same subject, I've lived in small towns the last 12 years. Rarely, do your things get stolen. If they do, everyone knows who did it and you beat their ass in the bar.

I haven't had to beat anyone, but did threaten a guy until he went and got my buddys compound bow that he stole out of the back of his truck. I threatened to go MoHillbilly on his ass next time he stole something. He left town about a month later. Apparently, half the town was after him.

luv
07-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Waiting in line at the DMV, I got a call from a detective. They caught the wife. The husband is still at large. They thought they had my purse, but it wasn't mine. It did have my license and a few other things in it. So, I just have to replace my new glasses and order some new bc pills.

Hootie
07-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Waiting in line at the DMV, I got a call from a detective. They caught the wife. The husband is still at large. They thought they had my purse, but it wasn't mine. It did have my license and a few other things in it. So, I just have to replace my new glasses and order some new bc pills.

I'm glad to see those thugs got caught ... sucks that you won't see a dime from those low lives for the damage they caused, though. They'll never be able to pay it in a million years.

Hootie
07-02-2015, 02:07 PM
i suppose you are pretty lucky if you live in a place where you are just now learning in 2015 not to leave valuables sitting out in your car

Fuck that, man. I leave my golf clubs (nice clubs) in my backseat all of the time. Perhaps it's a bad idea, I don't care. I have a little faith in humanity, I guess. Besides, she put her freaking purse in her trunk for crying out loud. Blaming someone for being the victim is dumb.

Bugeater
07-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Did you actually read the OP?

Oxford
07-02-2015, 02:28 PM
My sarcasm meter is a bit off, but I'm going to assume you're joking. This place has gone to hell in the last 10 years.

Ok after re-reading you're obviously being sarcastic. It's been a long week.

I'd love to go on a rant about our current City Manager/Police Chief/Sheriff, but that would get me terminated immediately. If people only knew......

Oxford
07-02-2015, 02:32 PM

BS -- I track the statistics -- I know what the numbers are.

Oxford
07-02-2015, 02:34 PM

Hopefully she will use the BC pills so she can't breed

BigRedChief
07-02-2015, 02:37 PM
BS -- I track the statistics -- I know what the numbers are.Aug 200 but less than 800 posts? Whose mult is this?

BigRedChief
07-02-2015, 02:44 PM
i suppose you are pretty lucky if you live in a place where you are just now learning in 2015 not to leave valuables sitting out in your carSomeone fucks with my car they are in for a surprise.

And if they bypass everything and I can tell the police where my car is exactly. They can't bypass the gps and drive the car.

jonzie04
07-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Springfield has a lot of scandolous people. Sorry for your losses. I've only been in Springfield for a little over a year, and someone broke the passenger side window out of my truck and stole my welding helmet. And just a few weeks ago someone stole a usps package right off my front door.

Brock
07-02-2015, 03:05 PM
You need to listen to that sixth sense when it tells you something's off. Whether that guy in the truck was the guy who did it or not, if something doesn't seem right, leave, especially being a female alone.

Oxford
07-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Aug 200 but less than 800 posts? Whose mult is this?

No Mult........ lurk a lot........ refer to Baconeaters post re:traffic citations in SGF

Bugeater
07-02-2015, 03:50 PM
BS -- I track the statistics -- I know what the numbers are.

Yes I totally believe you catch more thieves than speeders.

Predarat
07-02-2015, 04:03 PM
This kind of thing is not going to slow down until more of them get sent to hell.

The Franchise
07-02-2015, 04:07 PM
You need to listen to that sixth sense when it tells you something's off. Whether that guy in the truck was the guy who did it or not, if something doesn't seem right, leave, especially being a female alone.

This. Totally not blaming you because you weren't at fault....but if you notice something like that again....you need to get the fuck out of there.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Meth

BWillie
07-02-2015, 04:47 PM

Good to hear police found em :thumb:

srvy
07-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Some good news. Maybe they can catch the shitbum husband hopefully with cut up and mangled hands.

Munson
07-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Cool. At least you get back a few of your stolen items.

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for the tape deck...

notorious
07-02-2015, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for the tape deck...

or the Creedence.

listopencil
07-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Buy a rifle with a decent scope. Go to the range and use it until you can hold at least a three inch group at 75+ yards. Buy a gaudy purse from some teen store at the mall. Go back and park your car in the exact same spot and leave that purse in plain view on the seat inside your vehicle. Wait for the thief while hiding in a tree. When he shows up, blow his brains out. Leave the park immediately and clean off your car. Use bleach.

stevieray
07-02-2015, 05:54 PM

:clap:

Buzz
07-02-2015, 06:09 PM
I live such a sheltered life, knocks on wood.

lewdog
07-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Tint your windows dark and leave shit behind the front seat. We've always done that with no problems. Place it behind the seat before you get out of the car. No one can see shit there. Never, ever get out of your car and put something of value in the trunk in broad daylight. This happens a lot at national parks actually with tourists hiking and a great way for thieves to get your stuff. Did your alarm go off when the window broke?

luv
07-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Tint your windows dark and leave shit behind the front seat. We've always done that with no problems. Place it behind the seat before you get out of the car. No one can see shit there. Never, ever get out of your car and put something of value in the trunk in broad daylight. This happens a lot at national parks actually with tourists hiking and a great way for thieves to get your stuff. Did your alarm go off when the window broke?
Yes. But only for a few minutes. The couple who stayed till I got back heard it, thought it was theirs, turned around, and at least gave a description of the truck, which ended up being stolen as well.

TribalElder
07-02-2015, 11:31 PM
You should have totally shot them with your 45 like a boss and took selfies with them holding your stuff /cp

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2015, 11:35 PM
I thought only consumer appliances got shot by CP members, not petty criminals.

Gonzo
07-02-2015, 11:51 PM
There has to be a "lease for boyfriend" joke somewhere in here. Right?

Halfcan
07-03-2015, 11:13 AM
So to hear that- just glad you are okay.

Hope they catch the scumbag purse snatchers.

luv
07-03-2015, 01:48 PM
There has to be a "lease for boyfriend" joke somewhere in here. Right?
Actually, I now have a man who is taking care of me until my new debit card arrives. It's kinda nice. :)

luv
07-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Found out they will probably release the chick they had in custody. Not enough to hold her on. Uhhh... she was driving a stolen truck and had my ID and stuff on her. If I had had a credit card, they would have charged her with a felony. Either way, I'm out the cost of new glasses and a new window with tint. The one time I let my guard down....

Dallas Chief
07-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Sorry that happened to you Luv. Same shit happened to me when I took my kids to a river park a few years back. Saw the punks driving off too after running away when they saw us coming back. Did you get the perp's name? If you did, I was gonna suggest that a little Chiefs Planet public shaming might be in order for these scumbags.

Munson
07-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Find out where these shitbags live and slash their tires.

And if you have time, take a fresh dump on the driver's seat. LMAO

TribalElder
07-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Find out where these shitbags live and slash their tires.

And if you have time, take a fresh dump on the driver's seat. LMAO

Yes on the tires

No on the dump, it leaves dna lolz

KCrockaholic
07-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Found out they will probably release the chick they had in custody. Not enough to hold her on. Uhhh... she was driving a stolen truck and had my ID and stuff on her. If I had had a credit card, they would have charged her with a felony. Either way, I'm out the cost of new glasses and a new window with tint. The one time I let my guard down....

You'll be fine from here out. Just take every pre caution especially when you see someone acting strange like you said. Purse in the trunk is never a good idea though, but now you know.

BullJunkandIron
07-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Yes on the tires

No on the dump, it leaves dna lolz

DNA degrades rapidly on feces. It would actually be safe to take a dump.

OJ's Defense team

TribalElder
07-03-2015, 04:36 PM
DNA degrades rapidly on feces. It would actually be safe to take a dump.

OJ's Defense team

If the poo doesn't fit

Demonpenz
07-03-2015, 06:41 PM
I had a guy steal my class ring. It says my name on it. I told the cops and they shot me in my face. I hate being black.

Brock
07-03-2015, 08:07 PM

A lot more money in prosecuting duis. Thieves don't go to prison anymore.

notorious
07-03-2015, 08:44 PM
If the poo doesn't fit

They ain't got shit.

go bo
07-04-2015, 02:13 AM
On the same subject, I've lived in small towns the last 12 years. Rarely, do your things get stolen. If they do, everyone knows who did it and you beat their ass in the bar.

I haven't had to beat anyone, but did threaten a guy until he went and got my buddys compound bow that he stole out of the back of his truck. I threatened to go MoHillbilly on his ass next time he stole something. He left town about a month later. Apparently, half the town was after him.

about a month?

i'm surprised he lasted that long...

luv
07-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Got a new car window today. $218. Better than I thought. Of course, I still need to get it tinted to match the rest. The guys at the shop said that people have obviously tried to break into my car before. They said there are scratches all over the interior of the door panel. Not really sure what to think about that.

Anyway, looks like no one will get charged with this crime. They have the wife for driving a stolen vehicle, I think. She claims her husband is the one that broke into my car. Really no way to prove it now. I know he's wanted for violating on some priors though. Looks like they'll both be serving some time, just not for what I just paid for.

Hootie
07-09-2015, 01:43 PM
sadly they probably won't even serve time ... too overcrowded

these lowlifes probably prefer serving time, anyways ... free room and board

luv
07-09-2015, 01:50 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking you're right.

Just ticks me off. Petty crime and panhandling can make you more around here than holding down a FT job....at least a minimum wage paying FT job.

Did some digging (in true CP style). Found their mug shots, FB pages, etc. They have kids, so they're probably also getting food stamps and welfare checks. I'm a believer in the system, but I hate people like this that take advantage of the system.

:cuss:

/rant

bevischief
07-09-2015, 01:52 PM
My wife found a woman's wallet in our trash can she called the police and the police just stopped by and picked it up and gave it back the lady that, who ever did it took the cash and ditched it.

DenverChief
07-09-2015, 05:48 PM
I went to a local park to walk/jog. When I got there, I did my usual and put my purse in the passenger floor board and covered it up. However, I noticed there was a guy in a vehicle not far from me. I didn't know if he saw what I was doing, so I got a little spooked and decided to put it in my trunk.

I went for an hour long walk/jog and took a few pictures at the park when I was through. Upon returning to my car, there was a park ranger waiting for me. My driver's window had been busted out. They got in the trunk and took my purse. That was it.

A couple with a baby that had been parked near me heard an alarm as they left their car. They thought someone had tried pulling in and hit their car so they turned around to go back. They saw someone run around and hop into a large, black, newer model Ford Raptor with black rims and tinted windows and speed off. Unfortunately, they did not get a plate number. They were nice enough to call the park ranger, and they waited there until I was done with my walk before they left.

I got the parks report number, called to report it with the police (an officer actually would have been there, but he was at the local dog park on a similar call), cancelled my debit card, and filed it with my insurance. Now I just have to talk with insurance, get a new window and tint, new license, reopen a new bank account (I actually had checks in my purse for the first time in over two years), blah blah blah....

They probably got they were getting lucky. I drive a Lexus, so they probably thought they hit the jackpot. Joke's on them. I do not have any credit cards, I had $45 cash (which I never carry cash...doh!). The manager of my bank is a family friend. She called me first thing this morning to go over yesterday's charges with me. So far, they got $94 in gas last night and they tried using it as a local hospital this morning. Since I had checks in my purse, she closed my account and opened a new one. I guess I should get a printout from her to add the information to my police report.

Anyway, at least I'm fine. Just have to deal with the stress of getting everything cancelled and redone, filed, replaced, etc. They do have my license, which freaks me out a little, but I'm just more pissed off than anything.

Moral of the story, don't take anything with me when I go to the park. I can see why parks with trails are popular. As opposed to shopping malls, where ladies take their purses in with them, ladies do not carry their purses with them when they walk. Plus, with the trails, they know you're going to be gone for a while.

Just out of curiosity. If he was strange and "spooked" you why not take a pic of him/the vehicle/license plates with your cell phone?

Bonus material if they tried charging a hospital visit on your bank card hospitals have zillions of cameras. They will probably catch them easily.

DenverChief
07-09-2015, 05:52 PM

Fraudulent use of a financial transaction device? Maybe. Depends on the jurisdiction.

eDave
07-09-2015, 05:54 PM
I came out of an establishment last Friday night/morning and found my trunk wide open. I still don't know how the trunk got opened. I suspect I bumped the internal release button when I got out and didn't notice. Not a big deal. They stole a Sears battery charger, basic tools, jumper cables, a couple of shovels and some CD's. They left the Deathcab For Cutie CD's. LOL.

luv
07-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Just out of curiosity. If he was strange and "spooked" you why not take a pic of him/the vehicle/license plates with your cell phone?

Bonus material if they tried charging a hospital visit on your bank card hospitals have zillions of cameras. They will probably catch them easily.
The person in that vehicle was not one of the people that did it.

And, uh, the hospital charge was mine. Monthly payments I'm having debited the first of each month. I forgot until two days later that it would have been my payment...lol.

DenverChief
07-10-2015, 09:52 PM
The person in that vehicle was not one of the people that did it.

And, uh, the hospital charge was mine. Monthly payments I'm having debited the first of each month. I forgot until two days later that it would have been my payment...lol.

Well that double sucks.

Al Bundy
07-10-2015, 10:08 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the 2 that stole your stuff have some drug charges in their past.