PDA

View Full Version : Football Antonio Gates = Cheater

Dante84
07-02-2015, 02:06 PM
PED's

Hootie
07-02-2015, 02:08 PM
I remember when he was young and all 3 Chargers fans tried to say he'd come along and break all of Tony G's records ... still think it's funny that Tony Gonzalez started his prime YEARS before Antonio and was still in his prime YEARS after Antonio left his.

Bufkin
07-02-2015, 02:09 PM
I thought it was just pot?

DJ's left nut
07-02-2015, 02:11 PM
I remember when he was young and all 3 Chargers fans tried to say he'd come along and break all of Tony G's records ... still think it's funny that Tony Gonzalez started his prime YEARS before Antonio and was still in his prime YEARS after Antonio left his.

It's not quite as funny as Gonzalez playing more years for the Falcons than Arenas played for the Chiefs, but it's close.

'Gotta get younger!!'

Ugh...fuck you, Pioli.

Rain Man
07-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Most overrated San Diego TE ever, in a narrow win over Kellen Winslow.

BossChief
07-02-2015, 02:15 PM
4 game suspensions for Rolando McClain and Sheldon Richardson, too.

thabear04
Still waiting for ladarius green to break out again.

Hootie
It's not quite as funny as Gonzalez playing more years for the Falcons than Arenas played for the Chiefs, but it's close.

'Gotta get younger!!'

Ugh...**** you, Pioli.

and that is case in point on the narrative I've been trying to prove to this board for years, and years, and years, and years

DRAFT
PICKS
ARE
OVER
FUCKING
RATED

1 2nd round pick turning into Javier Arenas was a hell of a lot more likely than us getting a positive ROI for Tony fucking Gonzalez

sd4chiefs
07-02-2015, 02:16 PM
It sucks to be a Charger Fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chargers-tight-end-antonio-gates-suspended-for-failed-ped-test-200638650.html;_ylt=AwrSbgT7mpVV12AA_7JXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycGJjOGQ2BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjAzND BfMQRzZWMDc2M-

San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates, considered a sure-fire Hall of Famer once he retires, was suspended for the first four games of the NFL season for a violation of the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

thabear04
07-02-2015, 02:17 PM
4 game suspensions for Rolando McClain and Sheldon Richardson, too.

Also Packers' Datone Jones suspended one game.

Dunerdr
07-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Has Sean smith been suspended yet?

BigCatDaddy
07-02-2015, 02:26 PM

I'm still waiting for Mikhael Ricks.

BigRedChief
07-02-2015, 02:30 PM
What do you think the % of players using steroids is in the NFL?

Certaintly higher than the one or two they catch every year.

DJ's left nut
07-02-2015, 02:33 PM
and that is case in point on the narrative I've been trying to prove to this board for years, and years, and years, and years

DRAFT
PICKS
ARE
OVER
FUCKING
RATED

1 2nd round pick turning into Javier Arenas was a hell of a lot more likely than us getting a positive ROI for Tony fucking Gonzalez

You're talking to the person that has been fending off the "Mitch Morse had better be a Pro Bowlers in his first season or he was a waste of a fucking pick" crowd.

They're necessary to build teams and stay competitive in a salary cap world. But in the end, far more of them fail than succeed.

Warrior5
07-02-2015, 02:34 PM
BUSTED!

Gravedigger
07-02-2015, 02:36 PM
He's no Tony Gonzalez. That argument is now void.

BigCatDaddy
07-02-2015, 02:38 PM
What do you think the % of players using steroids is in the NFL?

Certaintly higher than the one or two they catch every year.

Probably a lot, but they've adjust to what they use and why they use it. Instead of being big strong freaks it's more of a get/stay healthy type of thing. Probably short acting testosterone creams before bed. Like baseball players.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-02-2015, 02:56 PM
He's only 12 TDs away from Gonzo. Glad he got caught. Not surprising, he's been trying to hang on for the last 5 years or so

Brock
07-02-2015, 02:58 PM
I don't begrudge an old dude trying to keep up.

Brian Jones
07-02-2015, 03:09 PM

But...but...Tom Brady is going to be a New England Patriots chairman after he retires! ITSNOTFAIRBWAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eureka
07-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Gates is a great TE and the Chiefs would be stoked if he was a newly acquired free agent.

beach tribe
07-02-2015, 04:04 PM

Shit, nah.

I'd do it.

I mean, what is he making this year? You know it's 1M+. Pass the juice.

Mr. Laz
07-02-2015, 04:16 PM

I figure that's when it happened. He was getting older and starting to miss time because of injury.

Hard to get pissed about it

Football kind of needs HGH tbh

L.A. Chieffan
07-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Meh, who doesn't do peds anymore

Buck
07-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Best player to ever be suspended for PEDs and he also happened to play on the best 9-7 team of a time.

Marcellus
07-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Best player to ever be suspended for PEDs and he also happened to play on the best 9-7 team of a time.

IC wut u did ther.

Nice work.

wazu
07-02-2015, 09:30 PM

I do if it means roids. Same as I would a young dude.

Brock
07-02-2015, 10:36 PM
I do if it means roids. Same as I would a young dude.

I don't think it was roids.

BlackOp
07-02-2015, 11:22 PM
In the information age...and all the resources that this billion dollar industry provides...a 13 year pro pleads ignorance? He must really think fans are retarded....he knows damn well the risk he took...and the ramifications for using banned substances. Only an idiot wouldn't thoroughly vet the ingredient list through a trainer or nutritionist..knowing a suspension would cost them millions. He's full of shit...

Chiefshrink
07-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Is anybody really surprised ? Many cheat in the NFL. It's just a matter of getting caught or not.:shrug:

Brock
07-02-2015, 11:43 PM
In the information age...and all the resources that this billion dollar industry provides...a 13 year pro pleads ignorance? He must really think fans are retarded....he knows damn well the risk he took...and the ramifications for using banned substances. Only an idiot wouldn't thoroughly vet the ingredient list through a trainer or nutritionist..knowing a suspension would cost them millions. He's full of shit...

It isn't going to cost him millions. If he's cheating to extend his career a year or two, it's making him millions. A rather easy decision.

jjchieffan
07-03-2015, 07:10 AM

'Gotta get younger!!'

Ugh...**** you, Pioli.

It's not like we just cut Arenas. He was traded for Sherman, who has been a great FB for us and is still on the team. So I don't see your point as being valid.

SeeingRed
07-03-2015, 07:40 AM

Green is good...sneaky late rd fantasy pick up

J Diddy
07-03-2015, 07:46 AM
It's not like we just cut Arenas. He was traded for Sherman, who has been a great FB for us and is still on the team. So I don't see your point as being valid.

When the goal is to bitch, no valid point is necessary.

JoeyChuckles
07-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Relax, he just accidentally ate a poppy seed bagel.

BlackOp
07-03-2015, 04:51 PM
It isn't going to cost him millions. If he's cheating to extend his career a year or two, it's making him millions. A rather easy decision.
Well..it taints his legacy and could impact getting into the HOF. If he breaks any records..they will come with an *. There is a lot of money to make post-NFL if you get elected in...so your angle could be debated but I dont care enough about the Chargers to do so. ;)

Chiefshrink
07-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Green is good...sneaky late rd fantasy pick up

you are right on the mark:thumb: