PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2015 Defensive Backs Preview

SeeingRed
07-15-2015, 04:22 PM
This defense should be improved across the board....short clip of Defensive Backs preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kxrtABMT6k

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Nice Find. I'm truly excited about our Defense this year. I think Marcus Peters has the potential to be a really, really, really good corner. Top 5 in the NFL.

We gotta get through training camp and preseason healthy though.

ChiefGator
07-15-2015, 04:58 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Training_Camp_Preview_Defensive_Backs/18fb1b46-9298-464b-b371-640d31189212

Much better version.

ChiefGator
07-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Did I miss it, or did they just skip over Gaines? He was starting to show improvement and I think his second year he could end up being really good.

If the Chiefs can somehow keep Smith after this season on a new contract, our secondary could be elite for a long time.

Mark... counting eggs before they hatch.

Easy 6
07-15-2015, 05:07 PM
From the official site, so of course everythings going to be positive.

But really, whats to not be positive about?

Some people say the secondary was "protected" by the rush, I say nonsense... those two factors are symbiotic, plenty of our sacks came from receivers being blanketed.

Even without Berry they're rock solid, then throw in Peterson, another top rookie and a very talented vet in Branch.

And seriously, Sean Smith doesn't get enough respect around here imo, he faced everyones best and was obviously a biiig part of not allowing a 300 yard passer or 50+ completion.

If common sense doesn't tell you that, then maybe his being a top 5 pff corner will.

With Houston happy, DJ and DeVito coming back, all of the rookies signed and everyone ready for camp... then throw in a potential surprise vet signing with all of this cap space, and yeah, it should be a great ride this year.

Rain Man
07-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Within the context of the NFL being a terrible product these days, I'm excited about the defense this year. Dorsey's strength appears to be finding strong hidden talent at defensive back, and when you put them atop a great linebacking group and strong line, this defense will be fun. Recall that they were the league's #2 defense in scoring last year and are adding a lot of talent.

Rain Man
07-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Wow. At the side of the link in the OP, there's the entire showing of Super Bowl IV. I'm watching it in the background as I work, and at about the seven minute mark there's a Chevy commercial that stars a very young Herb Tarlic from WKRP in Cincinnati. It's the second commercial in that series.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0KhIZPdscQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
07-15-2015, 05:39 PM
At the 10:45 mark, Super Bowl IV has one of the most unusual national anthems I've ever heard at a football game. It threw me for a moment, but I actually kind of like it.

SeeingRed
07-15-2015, 05:58 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Training_Camp_Preview_Defensive_Backs/18fb1b46-9298-464b-b371-640d31189212

Much better version.

yes...agreed. I found on youtube and kinda like this guy's versions because they are short....2 minutes is easier to watch on the run. Plus you can't embed the videos from KC Chiefs site. :thumb:

Next time i will include the link to the Chiefs site too...thanks for posting it. =)

SeeingRed
07-15-2015, 06:00 PM
From the official site, so of course everythings going to be positive.

But really, whats to not be positive about?

Some people say the secondary was "protected" by the rush, I say nonsense... those two factors are symbiotic, plenty of our sacks came from receivers being blanketed.

Even without Berry they're rock solid, then throw in Peterson, another top rookie and a very talented vet in Branch.

And seriously, Sean Smith doesn't get enough respect around here imo, he faced everyones best and was obviously a biiig part of not allowing a 300 yard passer or 50+ completion.

If common sense doesn't tell you that, then maybe his being a top 5 pff corner will.

With Houston happy, DJ and DeVito coming back, all of the rookies signed and everyone ready for camp... then throw in a potential surprise vet signing with all of this cap space, and yeah, it should be a great ride this year.

Man just imagine if Berry can make it back at some point this season?? This defense has the potential to be special

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Man just imagine if Berry can make it back at some point this season?? This defense has the potential to be special

Berry won't be back this season . I would expect it will take him a year to get back after all the chemo he's undergone. Just glad he's hopefully beat it and has a future.

SeeingRed
07-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Berry won't be back this season . I would expect it will take him a year to get back after all the chemo he's undergone. Just glad he's hopefully beat it and has a future.

ya well his health is first and foremost of course. But you never know though...he is a special athlete. But of course main thing is that he recovers and has a future. Even without him this defense is one to watch.

CoMoChief
07-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Berry will be back for the playoffs.

Rain Man
07-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Berry will be back for the playoffs.

That would be kind of cool, as long as it doesn't fuel a Grbac/Gannon thing at safety.

ThaVirus
07-15-2015, 09:46 PM
If he sits out the entire season let him sit out the postseason as well, unless we're thin at the position by that time.

SeeingRed
07-16-2015, 08:25 AM
If he sits out the entire season let him sit out the postseason as well, unless we're thin at the position by that time.

Agreed....but if he can make it back at some point he is THE leader of this defense. Ask any of the guys who play and they will tell you that Berry is the unquestioned leader. It's not Houston, DJ, Poe or Tamba...they are all amazing players...but the real leader of this group is Berry. So IF he can somehow make it back by mid season and play up to the level he has in the past it would be a HUGE lift for the team. But obviously his health comes first.

Packfan12
07-16-2015, 08:44 AM
Best wishes to you guys on your season this year. See you week 3.

kepp
07-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Wow. At the side of the link in the OP, there's the entire showing of Super Bowl IV. I'm watching it in the background as I work, and at about the seven minute mark there's a Chevy commercial that stars a very young Herb Tarlic from WKRP in Cincinnati. It's the second commercial in that series.

If it were just the intro music playing I'd think I was visiting Disneyland.

Thanks for this, BTW...really cool to watch.

Rausch
07-16-2015, 11:36 AM

Die in fire...:evil:

Packfan12
07-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Die in fire...:evil:

Take it easy now lol.

SeeingRed
07-16-2015, 05:29 PM

ok cool same to you...hopefully our group up front doesn't batter Rodgers TOO much because I'm targeting him for my fantasy QB this year. He will have a great season provided he gets past week 3 without being too dinged up :doh!: Our pass rushers are going to be a nightmare to deal with.