PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I really like this Kansas City Chiefs team

Pages : [1] 2

bricks
07-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Just the way the overall team personnel, chemistry and team morale is shaping up to be I can't help but feel excited. However, I'm still wondering whether or not we are good enough to beat fivehead?

Question is, can we beat him? What do you guys think? I would like to hear your thoughts. I really really really want us to beat fivehead. Can't stand fivehead. Sumbitch has over a 90% winning percentage against us throughout his career.

I just can't stand the guy. He makes me sick to my stomach watching him play against us and outwit us everytime.

This years roster is the best it's been since Montana in the early '90's. I think we do have the coverage units to matchup against the broncos. I love the fact we resigned Houston but honestly guys, a passrush just isn't enough. I think We are gonna need our coverage units to blanket the Broncos receivers so we could get those coverage sacks. Plus, Our Dline has to collapse the pocket and the passrushers have to get there. All the above has to be in sync and happen simultaneously, consistently throughout the game in order for us to have a chance.

I think if we rely on just passrushing and collapsing the pocket we are toast against fivehead. I say that since its evident he could spot somebody open in 2 seconds and the bastard just doesn't give the D a chance. Every aspect of the pass D has to be on its game. But then again, Manning is just a bastard because he'll see we are geared up for the pass and audible the playcall in favour of the run and will create that mismatch against our D and throw us off guard that way and beat us with the run just like he did last year. Does Sutton notice that, and come up with counter to create a favourable playcall to defend against the run when fivehead calls for those running plays. I don't know? I have my doubts that Sutton can call a god game against fivehead in that sort of way.

MMXcalibur
07-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Do you like LIKE them though?

bricks
07-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Do you like LIKE them though?

I LIKE

bricks
07-17-2015, 08:56 PM
This is an 11-5 team. But I just don't know if we'll beat fivehead?

lewdog
07-17-2015, 09:00 PM
FUCK CANADA

hometeam
07-17-2015, 09:00 PM
fuck Broncos. We will beat them 2x this year. At least once since I'm going to Thursday night.

KChiefs1
07-17-2015, 09:01 PM
This is an 11-5 team. But I just don't know if we'll beat fivehead?

He owns us.

Bugeater
07-17-2015, 09:03 PM
I really like pie.

bricks
07-17-2015, 09:03 PM
**** CANADA

Slow down you're talking about a 1000 miles per minute. I can't pick up what you're saying Tyson :)

lewdog
07-17-2015, 09:05 PM
Slow down you're talking about a 1000 miles per minute. I can't pick up what you're saying Tyson :)

Mike Tyson could beat the shit out of every person in Canada with his left hand.

Lonewolf Ed
07-17-2015, 09:09 PM
If KC can beat the Broncos with the massive foreheaded one, I will only believe it once the game is OVER! Not at 2 seconds to go, or 1, but 0:00.

bricks
07-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Mike Tyson could beat the shit out of every person in Canada with his left hand.

Joe Doerkson will make pretzels out of Mike Tyson and then eat them and poop them out.

ThaVirus
07-17-2015, 09:10 PM
fuck Broncos. We will beat them 2x this year. At least once since I'm going to Thursday night.

Oh, thank goodness. I feel so much better now knowing you're going.

You say the team wins like 99% of the games you go to right? I can't remember your record..

DaFace
07-17-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm more confident that we can be Manning than I am that we can win a playoff game.

But I certainly admit, it's been a long time since I actually felt like we'll have a solid team all around this year. OL and WR are big question marks, but I can't imagine we'd be any worse than last year, and our D is nasty enough that that just might be enough to win a lot of games.

Shaid
07-17-2015, 09:11 PM
You can't discount Manning, even if he's old. I have a feeling we do it this year. We just have so many solid pieces in place. Our D should be great and if Alex can just be average, we have a chance to be a very good team.

lewdog
07-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Joe Doerkson will make pretzels out of Mike Tyson and then eat them and poop them out.

Sorry, but you spelled pussy wrong.

bricks
07-17-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm more confident that we can be Manning than I am that we can win a playoff game.

But I certainly admit, it's been a long time since I actually felt like we'll have a solid team all around this year. OL and WR are big question marks, but I can't imagine we'd be any worse than last year, and our D is nasty enough that that just might be enough to win a lot of games.

This is a top 5 defense. Easily.

bricks
07-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Sorry, but you spelled pussy wrong.

Hahahaha

BlackOp
07-17-2015, 09:15 PM
I like this team also...and think they beat Denver in the home opener. The addition of Maclin and Kelce being promoted to #1 TE...Branch and Grubbs. DJ and Devito returning...Wilson had momentum too.

This is a well balanced football team...definitely the best since the mid-late 90's.

hometeam
07-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Oh, thank goodness. I feel so much better now knowing you're going.

You say the team wins like 99% of the games you go to right? I can't remember your record..

Yea.. I am 27-2.. both losses came last year. 1 was old man Peyton. I wont let that go down again.

Chiefs4TheWin
07-17-2015, 09:21 PM
I know better than to get excited about the Chiefs. Every time I think we'll be good we suck. Unfortunately I think we'll be good :(. I can't help it. :evil:

BlackOp
07-17-2015, 09:30 PM
The way I look at it...they SHOULD have been 11-5 last year...or 10-6 (got lucky against Buffalo). The Cardinals game was ****ing bogus...no other way to say it...the officials ****ed KC in the eye. The Raiders had a "fortuitous" PI call on something like a 4th-19 on the last drive. I'm objective and KC got hosed...they did play a brutal schedule and faced almost all of the top defenses...swept the East.

They weren't that far away last year...and it was a 'purge" season for Dorsey. Get rid of under-achievers and over-paid players...clean up the cap. This is the beginning of the Reid/Dorsey experiment in earnest...year 3. The best part is they definitely have a vision for the roster...some teams like the Titans and Jacksonville have no direction in their front office.

GoShox
07-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Yea.. I am 27-2.. both losses came last year. 1 was old man Peyton. I wont let that go down again.

The Chiefs are 1-0 at games I'm at and I'll be coming up for that Thursday night if that makes you guys feel any better.

ThaVirus
07-17-2015, 09:36 PM

That is impressive.

Demonpenz
07-17-2015, 09:42 PM
They could have some balance on offense and their defense will be good.

BigCatDaddy
07-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Im sure they reciprocate those feelings for you.

Otter
07-17-2015, 09:52 PM
cautiously optimistic

srvy
07-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Denver game always comes down to how there offensive line performs. If donks make our D line look like they are trying to bust a hole through the great wall of china like they always do we surely will get picked apart. Its time we devise something to get pressure from the D line because ball will be out before Hali or Houston comes around the corner.

Psyko Tek
07-17-2015, 10:16 PM

I will be in vegas for the other game, so they will win, for my 14 game parlay

Psyko Tek
07-17-2015, 10:20 PM

I am more scared of the coaching than the team composition
offensive geniuses tend to wanna pass instead of giving the ball to Charles

Seattle lost a super bowl by not going beast mode
coaches lose close game by wanting to seem smart

Deberg_1990
07-17-2015, 10:31 PM
I really like them too. They all seem like a swell bunch of guys.

Gonzo
07-17-2015, 11:03 PM
10-6 maybe 11-4. Meh, they're a playoff team but I just don't think this is they're year.

mcaj22
07-17-2015, 11:11 PM
The way I look at it...they SHOULD have been 11-5 last year...or 10-6 (got lucky against Buffalo). The Cardinals game was ****ing bogus...no other way to say it...the officials ****ed KC in the eye. The Raiders had a "fortuitous" PI call on something like a 4th-19 on the last drive. I'm objective and KC got hosed...they did play a brutal schedule and faced almost all of the top defenses...swept the East.

They weren't that far away last year...and it was a 'purge" season for Dorsey. Get rid of under-achievers and over-paid players...clean up the cap. This is the beginning of the Reid/Dorsey experiment in earnest...year 3. The best part is they definitely have a vision for the roster...some teams like the Titans and Jacksonville have no direction in their front office.

Maybe if they had taken care of business and beat the Titans or Raiders instead of embarassing themselves to crap teams rather than blame it on phantom calls or mike catapano not being in the lineup. They make the playoffs when they learn not to piss games away against crappy teams.

C3HIEF3S
07-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Go Maple Leafs

Otter
07-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Maybe if they had taken care of business and beat the Titans or Raiders instead of embarassing themselves to crap teams rather than blame it on phantom calls or mike catapano not being in the lineup. They make the playoffs when they learn not to piss games away against crappy teams.

Year three is usually when things start to come together or they don't be it a sitcom, sports team or a relationship. I'll even give Eric Fisher one more year to come into his own after being a 1:1 draft pick. IMHO it's OK to have some optimism. Just don't go over the edge for afterall, they are the Chiefs.

jonzie04
07-18-2015, 12:37 AM

http://www.livefight.com/images/pages/1350821377Lewis-beats-Tyson.jpg

:dom:

Reerun_KC
07-18-2015, 12:39 AM
Biggger questions are. Will Manning out run Hali agian? Can the defense even remotely sniff a sack? Will CJ break it off in the Chiefs again?

Lots of questions will be answered on that Thursday night.

CoMoChief
07-18-2015, 12:40 AM
As long as the Chiefs don't shit themselves against teams like Ten and Oak. I just knew those losses would come to bite the Chiefs in the ass at the end.

Reerun_KC
07-18-2015, 12:41 AM

All of thiz

Reerun_KC
07-18-2015, 12:41 AM
As long as the Chiefs don't shit themselves against teams like Ten and Oak. I just knew those losses would come to bite the Chiefs in the ass at the end.

Again. This.

Reerun_KC
07-18-2015, 12:42 AM
Clean up that 4-10 post November 15th record and the could be a solid playoff team.

BlackOp
07-18-2015, 01:05 AM

OK..this is my objective take on the Titans game. KC loses two players for the season...and Bowe is suspended. Smith tries to overcompensate...the last real game they had was the Colts 6 injury collapse. It was a ****ed up game. If their season followed that trend...I would be more worried about it. It was an anomaly.

The Raiders game was decided by a blown running play...against...guess what...a team that lost its two best run defenders. Is what it is...but looking from the outside in... KC had a ruff turn...Thursday night game...2500 miles travel on 2 days practice in torrential rain storm. If the weather is normal..KC beats them. Once things were leveled out...when they met two weeks later...a more accurate outcome happened.

KC is hovering around a 11-5 clip. When they decide they are serious about being a champion..those close games will fall their way. They proved last season...by beating both SB teams that they are close. What I mean by that is...when a pass hits you in hands and the game is on the line...you intercept the ****ing ball...*see Raiders last drive.** See Sherman against the 49ers*

Bob Dole
07-18-2015, 01:52 AM
10-6 maybe 11-4. Meh, they're a playoff team but I just don't think this is they're year.

LANDMARK!

BlackHelicopters
07-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Rectal itch

Hammock Parties
07-18-2015, 02:06 AM
we always hurt the ones we love

TimBone
07-18-2015, 02:55 AM
The Mike Catapano thing was a legitimate excuse, though. The dude is amazeballs. He single-handedly cured his own rancid labia aids this year. You think that kind of man couldn't have made a one game difference over the course of the year? Blow it out your ass, kind sir.

Coochie liquor
07-18-2015, 04:32 AM
That is impressive.

Yea, but gotta make sure Inmem doesn't show up at that game. His WL record is horrendous!

MotherfuckerJones
07-18-2015, 05:04 AM

And blindfolded.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-18-2015, 05:58 AM
I predict we will have one of those games week 2 at home where we just blow out the Broncos. Charles will have a huge game. It will end somewhere in the 42-17 area. When we go to Denver we will lose by a somewhat close game . 27-23.

I've got this Nostradumbass thingy goin on right now so I'm pretty sure about this.

MotherfuckerJones
07-18-2015, 06:17 AM
Until we beat our big brother (Denver), I'm not picking us.

But I do love this team minus the QB and oline.

SeeingRed
07-18-2015, 07:27 AM
11-5 & a playoff win is my guess....my heart says 13-3 and a deep run....but i think if this team stays reasonably healthy i should be a very good one. 11-5 sounds fair

plazahawkeye
07-18-2015, 09:19 AM
I see 8-8 disappointment

TEX
07-18-2015, 09:30 AM
I'll like it once the O-line is proven to be good enough.

Chieficus
07-18-2015, 09:37 AM
my heart says 13-3

Anything but 13-3 ever... that has to be our most accursed record when it comes playoff time...

milkman
07-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Seriously, "The kicker that shall go unnamed", "13-3 is a curse", is just sheer stupidity.

We lost playoff games because of a coach that coached scared.

Chieficus
07-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Seriously, "The kicker that shall go unnamed", "13-3 is a curse", is just sheer stupidity.

We lost playoff games because of a coach that coached scared.

Absolutely, but it's still fun to make fun of... gotta do something with those miseries.

bricks
07-18-2015, 09:44 AM
I see 8-8 disappointment

Well, that all depends on how they start off the season.

First four games are tough and 3 of them are on the road against playoff teams.

If the Chiefs can go 2-2 in the first four games I'll be happy and I'm being realistic.

I can't see them going 4-0 off the start. Not happening. 3-1 I have my doubts thats not happening either.

If they pull off stinkers like they did At the start of last season against the Titans, we kill our playoff chances. They have to beat the Texans in game 1. From there on it doesn't get easier. They lose to the Texans week 1 and good chance they go 0-2 and maybe 0-3? I don't think we beat Denver, Green Bay nope. Cincy I like our chances. If we lose against the Texans, there is a possibility this team goes 1-3 to start the season. We start off 0-2, historically speaking the stats and odds won't be in our favor of winning a Super Bowl.

We go 0-4, were done and mediocrity is well within reach for the rest of the season.

TEX
07-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Well, that all depends on how they start off the season.

First four games are tough and 3 of them are on the road against playoff teams.

If the Chiefs can go 2-2 in the first four games I'll be happy and I'm being realistic.

I can't see them going 4-0 off the start. Not happening. 3-1 I have my doubts thats not happening either.

If they pull off stinkers like they did At the start of last season against the Titans, we kill our playoff chances. They have to beat the Texans in game 1. From there on it doesn't get easier. They lose to the Texans week 1 and good chance they go 0-2 and maybe 0-3? I don't think we beat Denver, Green Bay nope. Cincy I like our chances. If we lose against the Texans, there is a possibility this team goes 1-3 to start the season. We start off 0-2, historically speaking the stats and odds won't be in our favor of winning a Super Bowl.

We go 0-4, were done and mediocrity is well within reach for the rest of the season.

I agree. Week 1 is a MUST win. Last season the week one loss to the Titans killed us. This season, KC needs to be ready for the opener because the Texans will be.

Saccopoo
07-18-2015, 02:02 PM
We kick the shit out of people this year.

Seriously.

BossChief
07-18-2015, 02:23 PM
If we can limit CJ Anderson, I think we beat Denver on Thursday night.

Players they lost from last year

Julius Thomas
Ryan Clady
Jacob Tamme
Manny Ramirez
Wes Welker
Orlando Franklin
Rahim Moore
Terrance Knighton

That's 4 offensive starters (3 on the OL) and 2 defensive starters.

If we stop the run, we win the game...Ty Sambrillo (rookie) and Ryan Harris aren't gonna stop Houston, Ford and Hali.

No way will Kubiak try to attack us through the air...he's gonna want to pound the rock.

FlaChief58
07-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Right now, in july, things look pretty good. If this team can get over both the donkey and playoff hump, I'll feel much better about them and MAY even break my "true fan" shirt out again. Until then you'll have to forgive my skepticism

ChiefsCountry
07-18-2015, 02:45 PM
10-6

Lose in the wildcard to Denver or Indianapolis

People will say we are a kicker or guard or long snapper away from going to the Super Bowl all off season, when we really know the main reason.

MotherfuckerJones
07-18-2015, 03:25 PM
If we can limit CJ Anderson, I think we beat Denver on Thursday night.

Players they lost from last year

Julius Thomas
Ryan Clady
Jacob Tamme
Manny Ramirez
Wes Welker
Orlando Franklin
Rahim Moore
Terrance Knighton

That's 4 offensive starters (3 on the OL) and 2 defensive starters.

If we stop the run, we win the game...Ty Sambrillo (rookie) and Ryan Harris aren't gonna stop Houston, Ford and Hali.

No way will Kubiak try to attack us through the air...he's gonna want to pound the rock.

Lol Kubiak is t going to stop Manning from attacking us. Manning owns us. Period.

loochy
07-18-2015, 04:17 PM
I know better than to get excited about the Chiefs. Every time I think we'll be good we suck. Unfortunately I think we'll be good :(. I can't help it. :evil:

Oh who cares? Preseason excitement is fun!

loochy
07-18-2015, 04:19 PM
10-6

People will say we are a kicker or guard or long snapper away from going to the Super Bowl all off season, when we really know the main reason.

A long snapper propels the ball farther than "the main reason".

Dunerdr
07-18-2015, 04:42 PM
It all comes down to the oline the defense was solid last year and got better on paper. The skills players are there save the qb. So t comes down to the offensive line and can Jammals legs carry us for one more?

BoneKrusher
07-18-2015, 04:59 PM
I know "On Paper" don't count but this team's weakness looks to be the O-Line but who know they could prove me wrong. (Just Sayin'.)

BWillie
07-18-2015, 09:29 PM
I see 8-8 disappointment

How? Last year we were dead last in takeaways. Dead last. No way that happens again. No way we have the injury bug as bad as last year. Two years ago the Chiefs had the MOST takeaways. This is a good team, its the best Chiefs team Ive seen aince I was like 10 years old.

MotherfuckerJones
07-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Everything went wrong last year and we still won 9 games and beat both Super Bowl teams

Ming the Merciless
07-18-2015, 10:02 PM
Everyone likes their team in July.

If we still like them in January , then that would be news.

Ming the Merciless
07-18-2015, 10:06 PM
How? Last year we were dead last in takeaways. Dead last. No way that happens again. No way we have the injury bug as bad as last year. Two years ago the Chiefs had the MOST takeaways. This is a good team, its the best Chiefs team Ive seen aince I was like 10 years old.

There's gonna be a lot of butt hurt here this season

Yosef_Malkovitch
07-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Meh. I've seen this song and dance too many times. "We've finally got all the pieces this year! This team is going to be good!" And then come playoff time.... failure.

Until the Chiefs win a playoff game I'm done with the off-season hype. Been there, done that too many times.

Win a playoff game. Just one. Then I may start to get excited again about the Chiefs. Until then, well, it's just another verse of the same song that we've all heard too many times.

KCrockaholic
07-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Meh. I've seen this song and dance too many times. "We've finally got all the pieces this year! This team is going to be good!" And then come playoff time.... failure.

Until the Chiefs win a playoff game I'm done with the off-season hype. Been there, done that too many times.

Win a playoff game. Just one. Then I may start to get excited again about the Chiefs. Until then, well, it's just another verse of the same song that we've all heard too many times.

It gets to a point where you start to wonder if it will ever happen again. And that's a depressing thought. Hell, we can have all the happy hype in the world. But then realize come playoff time and we're 12-4, we'll lay an egg. Never fails.

Tombstone RJ
07-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Just the way the overall team personnel, chemistry and team morale is shaping up to be I can't help but feel excited. However, I'm still wondering whether or not we are good enough to beat fivehead?

Question is, can we beat him? What do you guys think? I would like to hear your thoughts. I really really really want us to beat fivehead. Can't stand fivehead. Sumbitch has over a 90% winning percentage against us throughout his career.

I just can't stand the guy. He makes me sick to my stomach watching him play against us and outwit us everytime.

This years roster is the best it's been since Montana in the early '90's. I think we do have the coverage units to matchup against the broncos. I love the fact we resigned Houston but honestly guys, a passrush just isn't enough. I think We are gonna need our coverage units to blanket the Broncos receivers so we could get those coverage sacks. Plus, Our Dline has to collapse the pocket and the passrushers have to get there. All the above has to be in sync and happen simultaneously, consistently throughout the game in order for us to have a chance.

I think if we rely on just passrushing and collapsing the pocket we are toast against fivehead. I say that since its evident he could spot somebody open in 2 seconds and the bastard just doesn't give the D a chance. Every aspect of the pass D has to be on its game. But then again, Manning is just a bastard because he'll see we are geared up for the pass and audible the playcall in favour of the run and will create that mismatch against our D and throw us off guard that way and beat us with the run just like he did last year. Does Sutton notice that, and come up with counter to create a favourable playcall to defend against the run when fivehead calls for those running plays. I don't know? I have my doubts that Sutton can call a god game against fivehead in that sort of way.

you know your sorry ass team plays 14 other games, right? If you go 14-2 you will be doing just fine.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Meh. I've seen this song and dance too many times. "We've finally got all the pieces this year! This team is going to be good!"

I've been watching this team for 30+ years and have never said KC had all the pieces. This year they are closer than I can recall. They have good players at every level..O-line is the only question...every team is deficient somewhere.

Discuss Thrower
07-19-2015, 01:21 AM
10-6

The scapegoats will be whoever winds up being the center, whoever wins the RT job and then Eric Fisher likely in that order, followed by a permutation of your choosing involving one if not both inside linebackers being ineffective, the lack of a true #2 receiver and the relative ineffectiveness of the running game.

And you gotta believe there'll be a missed kick from Santos that is going to be cause for much displeasure at some point too.

RunKC
07-19-2015, 01:29 AM
The scapegoats will be whoever winds up being the center, whoever wins the RT job and then Eric Fisher likely in that order, followed by a permutation of your choosing involving one if not both inside linebackers being ineffective, the lack of a true #2 receiver and the relative ineffectiveness of the running game.

And you gotta believe there'll be a missed kick from Santos that is going to be cause for much displeasure at some point too.

Then don't watch or talk about them anymore if this team makes you so miserable.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 03:41 AM
Yes..projecting all your life failures on a sports team seems a bit desperate. Easier to blame them than the harsh reality...

BWillie
07-19-2015, 04:05 AM

Stop relying on negative emotion, just look at things in black and white. On paper, I really don't see how this team can't win 11, maybe even 12 games. Sure I could see them going 9-7, but I can see them being a dominant team in the AFC too.

-King-
07-19-2015, 05:39 AM
10-6

Now I feel good about this season. You've been terrible at predicting how good the chiefs will be the past 2 years. OTWP Jr.
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
07-19-2015, 06:33 AM
you know your sorry ass team plays 14 other games, right? If you go 14-2 you will be doing just fine.

But it's all about Denver. You're the big bad wolf. It's time the little pig takes you out.

milkman
07-19-2015, 09:16 AM
I've been watching this team for 30+ years and have never said KC had all the pieces. This year they are closer than I can recall. They have good players at every level..O-line is the only question...every team is deficient somewhere.

If the O-Line is deficient, then Alex Smith will be deficient.

If the QB is deficient, then it doesn't matter how many other pieces are in place, your team will be deficient.

MotherfuckerJones
07-19-2015, 09:28 AM

If the QB is deficient, then it doesn't matter how many other pieces are in place, your team will be deficient.

Truth. We're going to need a perfect storm of gold for this team to make a deep run. Alex, while I'm no fan, has shown the ability to play well when it matters most.

RunKC
07-19-2015, 09:40 AM

This pretty much says it all.

I do think the WR's need to be able to get open fast on blitzes. That was sorely lacking most of last year.

The Mayor
07-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Truth. We're going to need a perfect storm of gold for this team to make a deep run. Alex, while I'm no fan, has shown the ability to play well when it matters most.

He does? How about the end of the Denver, SF, Oakland games? He sure stepped up and delivered. How about at all during the Pittsburgh and Tennessee games?

Before we can talk about a playoff win, it would be nice to see Alex, as a chief, toss a game winning TD on the final drive.

milkman
07-19-2015, 10:17 AM
He does? How about the end of the Denver, SF, Oakland games? He sure stepped up and delivered. How about at all during the Pittsburgh and Tennessee games?

Before we can talk about a playoff win, it would be nice to see Alex, as a chief, toss a game winning TD on the final drive.

This is a team that, if everything comes together, is going to win games by taking and holding onto leads.

Alex Smith isn't someone that's going to win a lot of games in comeback fashion.

Alex Smith isn't going to carry this team but he also isn't going to lose games, and with protection, will actually contribute to winning.

MahiMike
07-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Manning will be our bitch this year. No way we don't win the West.

Bearcat
07-19-2015, 10:33 AM

Yeah, it's just how it is around here...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/hope_zpsvhfaupz3.png

ThaVirus
07-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Manning will be our bitch this year. No way we don't win the West.

/ CP every offseason since Manning's arrival

-King-
07-19-2015, 10:51 AM

We must have been visiting a different CP the past 3 off seasons.

ThaVirus
07-19-2015, 11:03 AM
We must have been visiting a different CP the past 3 off seasons.

It always seems to be some offshoot of "this is finally our year!".

Prior to the 2012 season it was "Manning's old and his arm is done. He won't have the arm strength to be effective."

Prior to the 2013 season the board was probably pretty quiet with the 2-14 season.

Prior to the 2014 season it was "Manning's too old and he has no arm strength. The Broncos window has closed".

Now, Manning is done and the division is ours for the taking yet again.

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2015, 11:04 AM

In what alternate CP world have you been visiting?

ThaVirus
07-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Maybe I've been keying on certain posts/posters but that's certainly the vibe I get.

The offseason is out Super Bowl.

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2015, 11:09 AM

Prior to the 2012 season it was "Manning's old and his arm is done. He won't have the arm strength to be effective."

Prior to the 2013 season the board was probably pretty quiet with the 2-14 season.

Prior to the 2014 season it was "Manning's too old and he has no arm strength. The Broncos window has closed".

Peyton owns the Chiefs. There is no escaping that fact, but if the Chiefs had any kind of offense last season, they would have swept him.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Peyton owns the Chiefs. There is no escaping that fact, but if the Chiefs had any kind of offense last season, they would have swept him.

We had 380 yards in the first game.

Alex just isn't good at putting the ball in the end zone.

In the second game, they score 29, so not sure what you are going on about.

This team has a long way to go to catch up to Denver.

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2015, 11:32 AM
We had 380 yards in the first game.

Alex just isn't good at putting the ball in the end zone.

In the second game, they score 29, so not sure what you are going on about.

This team has a long way to go to catch up to Denver.

15 of that 29 were from FGs.

The Chiefs need to score more. My point still stands. Eunuch.

ThaVirus
07-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Well we only lost something like 17-9 in 2012, we had a two TD lead at one point during the home game in 2013, and had a chance to tie it up at the goal line in Denver in 2014.

I suppose we're not too far away. I just hate relying on Peyton to falter.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 11:47 AM
15 of that 29 were from FGs.

The Chiefs need to score more. My point still stands. Eunuch.

Well, yeah, but their offense was well above average in the first game. In the second game they would have needed 30+ to win.

So they needed more than just "any" offense.

We are far behind Denver until proven otherwise, and Jeremy Maclin isn't gonna be worth 14 points a game.

BigMeatballDave
07-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Well, yeah, but their offense was well above average in the first game. In the second game they would have needed 30+ to win.

We are far behind Denver until proven otherwise, and Jeremy Maclin isn't gonna be worth 14 points a game.

:rolleyes:

milkman
07-19-2015, 11:51 AM

Offensive production and points are going to be the result of O-Line improvement.

Beerthirty
07-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Did anyone see Brett Favre tell the Andy Reid story last night in his GB hall of fame speech last night ? Andy called the headset cord guy fatass. Hey get of my cord fat ass and the guy yelled back who are you calling fat ass! Andy was laughing pretty good.

MotherfuckerJones
07-19-2015, 12:00 PM

I'm the Indy playoff game. He didn't win the game but the 378 yds 3 TDs was damn good for him. It took half dozen starters suffering injuries for us to lose that game.

milkman
07-19-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm the Indy playoff game. He didn't win the game but the 378 yds 3 TDs was damn good for him. It took half dozen starters suffering injuries for us to lose that game.

Anomalies can not be expected.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Jeremy Maclin isn't saving our passing offense. That's just one piece. Kelce, Thomas and another WR is gonna have to step up. A lot of question marks still. But I believe this is a 10-11 win team. I think our D is gonna be nuts.

staylor26
07-19-2015, 12:23 PM

How about Kelce entering the starting lineup and playing on just about every down?

How about Grubbs taking over for fucking McGlynn ?

How about Fisher making a significant jump after finally having an off season to get bigger/stronger?

How about having Allen and Stephenson on the right side instead of Fulton and Harris?

How about the continued development of Wilson and DAT?

How about Conley who has the smarts and ability to make an immediate impact?

How about Alex Smith entering his 3rd year in this system?

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 12:25 PM
How about Fisher making a significant jump after finally having an off season to get bigger/stronger?

How about having Allen and Stephenson on the right side instead of Fulton and Harris?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL:LOL::LOL:LMAOLMAOLMAO

Homers...the cutest.

staylor26
07-19-2015, 12:30 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL:LOL::LOL:LMAOLMAOLMAO

Homers...the cutest.

Yea I'm a homer bc I can be objective. To think Fisher won't get better after this offseason when he did in the middle of the ****ing year last season is flat out ignorance. And if you don't believe Allen/Stephenson is better than Fulton/HarriS then i don't know what to tell you.

Even then you could only pick out 2/7 of the things I mentioned. Trolling is getting harder and harder for you.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Great...finally a thread being optimistic about the Chiefs and the same ****ing trolls creep in and try to ruin it. Repeating the same shit they've said a 1000 times.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Dee ford was on Sirius this morning and says he took a lot of the snaps from Tamba in OTA's. he thinks our defensive line is the best in the NFL and will be a wrecking crew. Coach wants 3 pass rushers rotating.

As far as Denver goes they are a one man team. If ostrichweiller was starting then we would ALL agree we would beat them handily. But that's not the case. I have to believe Sutton has spent a lot of time thinking about game plan for then this off season.

Marcus Peters is gonna prove a HUGE improvement in our secondary. If we can just cover their receivers tightly 2 seconds longer we can end fiveheads season.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Denver lost

Clady
Thomas (and the rookie that was supposed to replace him as we'll as Tamme)
Franklin
Ramirez
Moore
Knighton
Welker (even though he was a shell of his former self anyway)

We gained

Grubbs
Maclin
Branch
Allen
DJ
Devito

That will close the gap quite a bit and it's not even figuring in progression of our players going into their second and third years in the same system as opposed to Denver changing schemes on both sides of the ball, or our rookie class.

They still have Peyton, though.

milkman
07-19-2015, 01:06 PM
How about Kelce entering the starting lineup and playing on just about every down?

How about Grubbs taking over for ****ing McGlynn ?

It's likely that Fisher will be much improved, but there is no certainty that he will be.

Allen and Stepenson have the potential to be much better, but they've also shown that the they the potential to be every bit as bad.
This is a crapshoot.

How about the continued development of Wilson and DAT?

There is reason for optimism with these 2, but we are still only talking about potential, and potential doesn't always translate to production.

How about Conley who has the smarts and ability to make an immediate impact?

Conley is easily my favorite pick in this draft, but it still comes down to potentiial panning out.

There is a lot to be hopeful about, but those hopes are still questions marks.

How about Alex Smith entering his 3rd year in this system?[/QUOTE]

milkman
07-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Dee ford was on Sirius this morning and says he took a lot of the snaps from Tamba in OTA's. he thinks our defensive line is the best in the NFL and will be a wrecking crew. Coach wants 3 pass rushers rotating.

As far as Denver goes they are a one man team. If ostrichweiller was starting then we would ALL agree we would beat them handily. But that's not the case. I have to believe Sutton has spent a lot of time thinking about game plan for then this off season.

Marcus Peters is gonna prove a HUGE improvement in our secondary. If we can just cover their receivers tightly 2 seconds longer we can end fiveheads season.

Game plan should be simple.

Fundamental tackling in the secondary to limit yac.

RunKC
07-19-2015, 01:18 PM

The Seahawks definitely exposed them on that.

I'm worried about stopping the run. Kubiak is one of the best at run designs.

Coochie liquor
07-19-2015, 01:23 PM

Even Browns fans?

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-19-2015, 01:25 PM

Last year I believe we were the only team to not allow a 300 yard passer or a pass over 30 yards. something like that .

ThaVirus
07-19-2015, 01:27 PM
I sincerely hope Dee Ford meant we have the best pass rush in the league.

Our defensive line has some decent pieces but it's far from elite. The Bills, Rams and Jets defensive lines, off the top of my head, absolutely shit on ours.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 03:32 PM
The Bills, Rams and Jets defensive lines, off the top of my head, absolutely shit on ours.

Smith and our crappy O-line beat all three last season...Still trying to figure out how the Rams managed to do what KC hasn't...beat Manning.

Not looking forward to playing the Bills again....

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I'm worried about stopping the run. Kubiak is one of the best at run designs.

And he has 4 inexperienced players to block those plays. Manning better hope that Kubiaks running system works....or he's going to get killed in a more traditional offense. If he's not getting the ball out as quickly as before...with that O-line..he's not lasting the season. Not taking hits is why he is still playing at 39. When Manning gets rattled and not in control...he kind of loses his shit.

Curious what the additions of Branch and Peters will do against Manning's passing game...Peters is a pretty physical corner. If he can buy an extra second..Hali/Houston are going to get to him.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 04:12 PM
And he has 4 inexperienced players to block those plays. Manning better hope that Kubiaks running system works....or he's going to get killed in a more traditional offense. If he's not getting the ball out as quickly as before...with that O-line..he's not lasting the season. Not taking hits is why he is still playing at 39. When Manning gets rattled and not in control...he kind of loses his shit.

Curious what the additions of Branch and Peters will do against Manning's passing game...Peters is a pretty physical corner. If he can buy an extra second..Hali/Houston are going to get to him.

Peters will almost assuredly be going up against one of the best in the game in Thomas in week 2, on a short week in his second nfl game. That's gonna be a knock down, drag out brawl that I kinda expect Thomas to win the overall battle, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised. If the pass rush can force the ball out of Mannings hand before he wants to though, maybe the kid will have a chance to make some plays in there.

That matchup is gonna be a HUGE key to who wins that game because if Peters can hold his own against Thomas, then we can bracket Sanders and single cover the slot all day. That would allow us to be more aggressive on the front end and we all know that's how you beat Manning.

The secondary needs to be able to play elite ball for us to come away with a victory.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-19-2015, 04:21 PM
I sincerely hope Dee Ford meant we have the best pass rush in the league.

Our defensive line has some decent pieces but it's far from elite. The Bills, Rams and Jets defensive lines, off the top of my head, absolutely shit on ours.

He said DL.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Peters will almost assuredly be going up against one of the best in the game in Thomas in week 2, on a short week in his second nfl game.

Forgot about this.

We're 0-2 already.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Forgot about this.

We're 0-2 already.

And your mom was at least 0-1

BWillie
07-19-2015, 04:29 PM

Really? The tone of CP the last few years was definitely not positive. Nobody really was thinking we could over take Denver, at least that I could tell.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Forgot about this.

We're 0-2 already.

Really?..KC has better players at all positions than the Texans...minus Watt. They lost Johnson...not too worried about the opener. 7 of their 9 victories were against the Titans x2, Jags x2, Cleveland, Washington and Oakland. The only impressive win was against the Ravens....maybe the Bills.

staylor26
07-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Peters will almost assuredly be going up against one of the best in the game in Thomas in week 2, on a short week in his second nfl game. That's gonna be a knock down, drag out brawl that I kinda expect Thomas to win the overall battle, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised. If the pass rush can force the ball out of Mannings hand before he wants to though, maybe the kid will have a chance to make some plays in there.

That matchup is gonna be a HUGE key to who wins that game because if Peters can hold his own against Thomas, then we can bracket Sanders and single cover the slot all day. That would allow us to be more aggressive on the front end and we all know that's how you beat Manning.

The secondary needs to be able to play elite ball for us to come away with a victory.

It's crazy, but I actually have a lot of faith in Gaines and Peters going toe to toe with Thomas and Sanders. Gaines did an excellent job against Sanders last year, and I just don't see a guy without elite speed giving Peters huge problems. They'll get theirs, but our young CB's will hold their own.

RealSNR
07-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Ryan Mallett is a scrub QB.

We feast on scrub QBs.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Really?..KC has better players at all positions than the Texans...minus Watt. They lost Johnson...not too worried about the opener. 7 of their 9 victories were against the Titans x2, Jags x2, Cleveland, Washington and Oakland. The only impressive win was against the Ravens....maybe the Bills.

We lost to the Titans and Raiders last year.

Just sayin.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 04:57 PM
We lost to the Titans and Raiders last year.

Just sayin.

Charles ran 7 times in the Titans opener...and Bowe was suspended. You know what happened to DJ and Devito. KC beats them 9-10 times.

KC beat Oakland 31-13 too...

BossChief
07-19-2015, 05:02 PM
It's crazy, but I actually have a lot of faith in Gaines and Peters going toe to toe with Thomas and Sanders. Gaines did an excellent job against Sanders last year, and I just don't see a guy without elite speed giving Peters huge problems. They'll get theirs, but our young CB's will hold their own.

Even though Gaines was just a rookie, he was 13th in the league in "yards per coverage snap" out of all corners and looks to be much improved going into year 2.

I'm really excited to see him shine in this defense with these coaches.

And I'm not worried about Peters matching up against speed, the guys physicality neutralizes opponents speed a lot. Go watch him work against Cooks in college. Cooks has elite wheels, but Peters handled him all day. Demarius Thomas has crazy speed, though.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Shit, we're starting Gaines, too?

Manning might throw for 400.

Hammock Parties

Our OL is not ready for them.

I'm predicting two blowouts to start the season.

Quesadilla Joe
Denver lost

Clady
Thomas (and the rookie that was supposed to replace him as we'll as Tamme)
Franklin
Ramirez
Moore
Knighton
Welker (even though he was a shell of his former self anyway)

We gained

Grubbs
Maclin
Branch
Allen
DJ
Devito

That will close the gap quite a bit and it's not even figuring in progression of our players going into their second and third years in the same system as opposed to Denver changing schemes on both sides of the ball, or our rookie class.

They still have Peyton, though.

We made it all the way to the Super Bowl without Ryan Clady and 5 starters on defense (including Von Miller and Chris Harris). Denver will be twice as good as they were last year because of the change in scheme on both offense and defense. Wade Phillips is the premier DC in all of football and Kubiak has been one of the 3 best offensive strategists in all of football for the past two decades.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 05:06 PM
KC's defense is going to be tough to score on this season...I think Ford is going to be significantly improved too. Curious if Commings can contribute anything..

staylor26
07-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Even though Gaines was just a rookie, he was 13th in the league in "yards per coverage snap" out of all corners and looks to be much improved going into year 2.

I'm really excited to see him shine in this defense with these coaches.

I had Gaines in my top 5 CB's so you could imagine how ecstatic I was when we snagged him in the 3rd. Wasn't surprised at all to see him play so well.

BTW is there a team in the NFL that has drafted better than the Chiefs in the 3rd round over the last few years? Charles, Houston, Bailey, Kelce, Davis, Gaines :eek:

That just makes me feel even better about Conley and Nelson, two picks I loved this year.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Shit, we're starting Gaines, too?

Manning might throw for 400.

I'd be shocked if he isn't our #2 corner.

I'll be shocked if Manning throws for over 225 against us.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Our OL is not ready for them.

I'm predicting two blowouts to start the season.

Andy will scheme around Watt and make them beat us elsewhere. They'll be lucky to score 13 points against us and I doubt they hold us to less than 27.

I can't wait for week 2, though.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 05:11 PM
I'd be shocked if he isn't our #2 corner.

I'll be shocked if Manning throws for over 225 against us.

There is absolutely no way we stand in primetime Week 2 Peyton Manning's way.

We will need 35 points to win.

BlackOp
We made it all the way to the Super Bowl without Ryan Clady and 5 starters on defense (including Von Miller and Chris Harris). Denver will be twice as good as they were last year because of the change in scheme on both offense and defense. Wade Phillips is the premier DC in all of football and Kubiak has been one of the 3 best offensive strategists in all of football for the past two decades.

If you consider 9-7 beings twice as good...losing your TE in FA and having his replacement on IR.

Systems arent as easy to implement as you think..it's why most agree it takes 3 seasons to get them to potential. The #1 thing for Denver will be how Manning adapts...and you still dont have a NT.

BossChief

Hahaha

I missed you

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 05:13 PM

Why do you say "we"...when you hate everything about this team?

BossChief
07-19-2015, 05:14 PM

For them to score that much on our defense, CJ Anderson will need a 200 yard game.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 05:16 PM
For them to score that much on our defense, CJ Anderson will need a 200 yard game.
That guy pretends KC doesn't have a top 5 defense...

BossChief
07-19-2015, 05:20 PM

We do have a top 5 defense, but if our run defense isn't vastly improved, teams with a strong rushing attack will drown us.

Getting Devito and DJ back isn't gonna fix everything.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 05:23 PM
We do have a top 5 defense, but if our run defense isn't vastly improved, teams with a strong rushing attack will drown us.

It sure as hell helps..

Quesadilla Joe
If you consider 9-7 beings twice as good...losing your TE in FA and having his replacement on IR.

Systems arent as easy to implement as you think..it's why most agree it takes 3 seasons to get them to potential. The #1 thing for Denver will be how Manning adapts...and you still dont have a NT.

A lot of teams have major turnarounds the first year they hire a new coach. See the Chiefs in Andy Reid's first year. Gary Kubiak was only in Baltimore for one season and they had their best offensive season in franchise history. Hell, Denver started off great in Josh McDaniels first year and we went to the playoffs with Tim Tebow in the first year John Fox was here.

You only hear the "it takes 3 years" line when the team has a young and or shitty QB.

Hammock Parties

The last time we played the Broncos they had their way with us.

And the time before that the only reason they didn't score 40 is because our offense was on the field all day.

Now we're starting a couple of nobodies at CB...

We're in for a rough day.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Why do you say "we"...when you hate everything about this team?

I was the first guy pounding the table for Andy Reid.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 05:29 PM
A lot of teams have major turnarounds the first year they hire a new coach. See the Chiefs in Andy Reid's first year. Gary Kubiak was only in Baltimore for one season and they had their best offensive season in franchise history. Hell, Denver started off great in Josh McDaniels first year and we went to the playoffs with Tim Tebow in the first year John Fox was here.

You only hear the "it takes 3 years" line when the team has a young and or shitty QB.

With the amount of players Denver lost and your O-line in flux...I'm not sure how you can think the Broncos will better than last year. I'm not sure how altering the way Manning runs his offense will make him better...

Quesadilla Joe
07-19-2015, 05:31 PM

His replacement isn't on IR. Owen Daniels and Virgil Green are still healthy.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 05:32 PM

Both are serious downgrades....hard to replace 12 TDs of production.

Quesadilla Joe
07-19-2015, 05:39 PM
With the amount of players Denver lost and your O-line in flux...I'm not sure how you can think the Broncos will better than last year. I'm not sure how altering the way Manning runs his offense will make him better...

The players we lost don't matter, Julius will be the only one that will be missed and he has some major deficiencies in his game. The core of Denver has remain unchanged, we still have the dominant pass rush, lockdown corners and the HOF QB with two elite WR's. What's scary is now that we have Kubiak back we will add an elite ground game on top of all that. Denver will be scary good this year.

The OL is a question mark, but Manning has played with worse lines and performed great. With how quick he gets rid of the ball it shouldn't be an issue.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 05:41 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Peyton-Manning-Laughing-Ron-Burgundy-Interview.gif

Rausch
07-19-2015, 05:42 PM

Owen Daniels is never healthy...

Quesadilla Joe
07-19-2015, 05:43 PM

They'll come elsewhere. People were worried after Denver lost Decker and that turned out just fine.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 05:45 PM
You are also assuming that Manning's drop-off was due to an injury and not age...he's 39. Saying Manning has played with worse O-lines is completely speculative...and he was much younger when he did.

You may not realize it...but a NT in a 3-4 is probably the most important piece to making that scheme work. If you get no push...A QB like Smith can step-up and negate the edge rushers.

staylor26
07-19-2015, 05:50 PM

I think it will be a combination of getting Devito and DJ back, improvement from Bailey and Howard, and I also think Branch will make a big difference in our run defense. That's where we missed Berry.

Rausch
07-19-2015, 05:53 PM
I think it will be a combination of getting Devito and DJ back, improvement from Bailey and Howard, and I also think Branch will make a big difference in our run defense. That's where we missed Berry.

Our defense has options this year.

Options at S, CB, and D line.

We're thin at ILB but we threw numbers at that in the draft...

BossChief
07-19-2015, 05:54 PM
The last time we played the Broncos they had their way with us.

And the time before that the only reason they didn't score 40 is because our offense was on the field all day.

Now we're starting a couple of nobodies at CB...

We're in for a rough day.

You live and die by PFF ratings, right?

Sean Smith was the 5th rated corner in the NFL and Phillip Gaines was 13th in yards per coverage snap.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 05:55 PM
You live and die by PFF ratings, right?

Sean Smith was the 5th rated corner in the NFL and Phillip Gaines was 13th in yards per coverage snap.

And he still has almost 0 experience playing on the outside, let alone against Peyton Manning.

Our D is gonna be roasted.

Quesadilla Joe
07-19-2015, 05:56 PM
You may not realize it...but a NT in a 3-4 is probably the most important piece to making that scheme work. If you get no push...A QB like Smith can step-up and negate the edge rushers.

We already have Sylvester Williams, our first round pick two years ago. Also don't overlook Marvin Austin who had a pretty good year last year.

MahiMike
07-19-2015, 05:59 PM
10 more days till camp!

MotherfuckerJones
07-19-2015, 06:05 PM
The players we lost don't matter, Julius will be the only one that will be missed and he has some major deficiencies in his game. The core of Denver has remain unchanged, we still have the dominant pass rush, lockdown corners and the HOF QB with two elite WR's. What's scary is now that we have Kubiak back we will add an elite ground game on top of all that. Denver will be scary good this year.

The OL is a question mark, but Manning has played with worse lines and performed great. With how quick he gets rid of the ball it shouldn't be an issue.

Clady doesn't matter? You truly are a ****ing idiot

BossChief
07-19-2015, 06:06 PM
And he still has almost 0 experience playing on the outside, let alone against Peyton Manning.

Ummmm...he did play against Manning.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 06:06 PM

The only offense that has given KC trouble was the one Manning ran...hence RAN. Kubiak is changing it...I cant see how running a more traditional offense is anything but a boon for the Chiefs.

RunKC
07-19-2015, 06:08 PM
This team needs to stop the run and not miss tackles if we are going to beat Manning.

Guarantee they are going to try to run sweeps and misdirection plays on us.

Rausch
07-19-2015, 06:08 PM
The only offense that has given KC trouble was the one Manning ran...hence RAN. Kubiak is changing it...I cant see how running a more traditional offense is anything but a boon for the Chiefs.

With a young secondary Manning running the ball and using more clock HELPS us...

staylor26
07-19-2015, 06:09 PM

He played on the outside against Manning and shut Sanders down, get a ****ing clue man ROFL

Quesadilla Joe
07-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Clay doesn't matter? You truly are a ****ing idiot

We went all the way to the Super Bowl without him two years ago. It would be nice to have him, but his injury doesn't ruin our season.

BlackOp
07-19-2015, 06:12 PM
This team needs to stop the run and not miss tackles if we are going to beat Manning.

Guarantee they are going to try to run sweeps and misdirection plays on us.

Kubiak had to burn about 1/3 of his playbook for Manning...No bootlegs for him.

jonzie04
07-19-2015, 06:13 PM
He played on the outside against Manning and shut Sanders down, get a ****ing clue man ROFL

I wouldn't exactly call it shut down... but he did a damn fine job. iirc the only long play sanders got gaines wasn't covering him. think sanders was coming off a really hot streak too.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 06:13 PM

Really? He lined up on the outside for 60 snaps against the Broncos last year?

staylor26
07-19-2015, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't exactly call it shut down... but he did a damn fine job. iirc the only long play sanders got gaines wasn't covering him. think sanders was coming off a really hot streak too.

He clearly won the matchup. That's "shutting him down" IMO.

RunKC
07-19-2015, 06:18 PM
Watch the damn game in Arrowhead last year and you will see why we lost.

McGlynn, Harris and Fulton sucked ass on offense, Bowe couldn't get open to save his life, Avery fumbled passes he caught and Kurt Coleman and Mauga missed more tackles than in any game.

Gaines missed some open field tackles too.

This team was still 1 play from OT in Denver. We can beat them.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 06:21 PM

That's not what you said, but no, he played a total of just over 200 snaps all year....but he was 13th in the league in yards per coverage snap on those snaps

MotherfuckerJones
07-19-2015, 06:21 PM

Peyton roasts everyone except Seattle. What else is new?

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 06:23 PM
No, he played a total of just over 200 snaps ....but he was 13th in the league in yards per coverage snap.

I don't care about that other garbage.

Unless he lived on the island for 60 snaps against Manning he's not ready for Thursday night primetime.

jonzie04
07-19-2015, 06:23 PM
He clearly won the matchup. That's "shutting him down" IMO.

I can agree with that. call it what you want.

gaines did a great job against keenan allen as well. i'm not concerned about him at all.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't care about that other garbage.

Unless he lived on the island for 60 snaps against Manning he's not ready for Thursday night primetime.

Did you even watch the games?

Who burnt him AS A ROOKIE last year?

Did he get burned by manning in either game last year?

staylor26
07-19-2015, 06:25 PM
I can agree with that. call it what you want.

gaines did a great job against keenan allen as well. i'm not concerned about him at all.

He's a natural when you watch him in press coverage. Just like Peters. They might be young, they might get beat, but they will hold their own and will not be the reason we lose if we do.

MotherfuckerJones
07-19-2015, 06:29 PM
He's a natural when you watch him in press coverage. Just like Peters. They might be young, they might get beat, but they will hold their own and will not be the reason we lose if we do.

Corners get beat. It happens from time to time.

staylor26
07-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Corners get beat. It happens from time to time.

Yes, and as long as these guys don't play like Cooper his first time against the Broncos, which they won't, we will be fine.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Did you even watch the games?

Who burnt him AS A ROOKIE last year?

Did he get burned by manning in either game last year?

I want to see his PFF snap breakdown for the game he covered Sanders.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 06:51 PM

I don't have a subscription, so here's the best I could find.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Yes, and as long as these guys don't play like Cooper his first time against the Broncos, which they won't, we will be fine.

Cooper was a college receiver that switched to corner his last year at Rutgers iirc. He was a big project and got exploited by manning.

MagicHef
07-19-2015, 06:55 PM

When he was on Sanders, he was thrown at 5 times, and gave up 2 catches for 35 yards, and defended one pass.

He also covered Thomas, he was targeted once and gave up the catch for 5 yards.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that doesn't convince me of much.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 06:56 PM
When he was on Sanders, he was thrown at 5 times, and gave up 2 catches for 35 yards, and defended one pass.

How many snaps? Doesn't it show the snap counts for where he played?

BossChief
07-19-2015, 07:09 PM

Interesting that Manning didn't go out of his way to target the rookie.

staylor26
07-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Interesting that Manning didn't go out of his way to target the rookie.

Which means Gaines wasn't your average rookie and Manning saw that.

KCChiefsfan1234
07-19-2015, 07:34 PM

I believe he played almost the entire game outside against Manning covering sanders. Not sure what game he was watching:hmmm:

Marcellus
07-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Is Clay trying to claim our secondary will be an issue this season?

BossChief
07-19-2015, 07:40 PM
I believe he played almost the entire game outside against Manning covering sanders. Not sure what game he was watching:hmmm:

He's more troll now, than man.

Twisted and evil.

MagicHef
07-19-2015, 07:51 PM
How many snaps? Doesn't it show the snap counts for where he played?

37 in coverage, 46 against the run.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 07:51 PM

Against Manning in Week 2 it will be.

-King-
07-19-2015, 07:52 PM
He's more troll now, than man.

Twisted and evil.

And yet you respond to him. Every. Time.

BossChief
Hali had some really interesting comments about Dee Ford recently (http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/dee_ford_is_going_to_prove_it.html)....

"It's a little technique here and there," Hali said. "In coverage he's picking it up so well. He's another smart guy. The transition hasn't been hard. He's fast, he's strong and he can run. ... He's like another Von Miller, one of those guys that's really small in the body in size but can still rush the passer at a high level and play in coverage. Dee Ford is doing well. He's going to prove it this year."

Hammock Parties
37 in coverage, 46 against the run.

So we don't actually know if he was even covering on the outside the whole night.

notorious
07-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Please stop mentioning Von Miller. It draws in the Denver Douches.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 08:01 PM

Apparently, he lined up for 83 snaps.

And was targeted 6 times and gave up 40 yards.

Marcellus
07-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Against Manning in Week 2 it will be.

You know we didn't give up 300 yards to any QB including Manning last year right?

#2 in 20 yard plays on defense?

Why is this year an issue?

BossChief
07-19-2015, 08:02 PM
So we don't actually know if he was even covering on the outside the whole night.

JFC what's wrong with you?

If you're gonna troll, at least put in the effort.

BossChief
07-19-2015, 08:04 PM
You know we didn't give up 300 yards to any QB including Manning last year right?

Well, you should probably say "last season"...there was this Andrew Luck guy who threw for a ton of yards against us in 2014....January of 2014.

Remember, you're talking to a Clay troll.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2015, 08:19 PM

Because Smith will be out for that game, we will be starting a rookie, and Gaines will be in unfamiliar territory.

Rain Man
07-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Maybe it's already been seen and discussed, but I thought this was an interesting quote from this article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2524118-justin-houstons-nfl-success-a-lesson-to-teams-that-run-scared-on-draft-day. (Yeah, I know it's Bleacher Report, but whatever.)

I'm told by a source on the Chiefs that Houston has become so trusted in the organization "he's basically a de facto assistant coach."

staylor26
07-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Maybe it's already been seen and discussed, but I thought this was an interesting quote from this article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2524118-justin-houstons-nfl-success-a-lesson-to-teams-that-run-scared-on-draft-day. (Yeah, I know it's Bleacher Report, but whatever.)

I'm told by a source on the Chiefs that Houston has become so trusted in the organization "he's basically a de facto assistant coach."

That's very interesting and makes me all the more happy we were able to get the deal done.

Rausch
07-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Because Smith will be out for that game, we will be starting a rookie, and Gaines will be in unfamiliar territory.

I think we'll find that starting a rookie will hurt us more than missing Smith.

Smith is a solid, middle of the pack, CB that benefits from an extraordinary pass rush. I don't see Peters getting starting snaps early in the year as being a problem - it's a positive. Especially if we make the post season and there's no excuse not to this year...

Chiefnj2
07-20-2015, 09:18 AM
The problem is drawing the Broncos 2x in the first half of the season. Young corners will make mistakes and Manning won't have the full season of wear and tear yet.

staylor26
07-20-2015, 09:24 AM
I think we'll find that starting a rookie will hurt us more than missing Smith.

Smith is a solid, middle of the pack, CB that benefits from an extraordinary pass rush. I don't see Peters getting starting snaps early in the year as being a problem - it's a positive. Especially if we make the post season and there's no excuse not to this year...

Middle of the pack? ROFL Smith is definitely a top 10 CB in the NFL

TEX
07-20-2015, 09:24 AM
The problem is drawing the Broncos 2x in the first half of the season. Young corners will make mistakes and Manning won't have the full season of wear and tear yet.

Yes, in theory anyway. But it sure seems that he is a different player, as the the 2nd half of the season grinds on - when playing anyone but the Chiefs...KC can't beat Manning regardless. He'll do just "enough" to win if he's having a bad night as was the case last year. Until they prove me wrong and actually beat the guy, that's my position on the subject.

Rausch
07-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Middle of the pack? ROFL Smith is definitely a top 10 CB in the NFL

He had a top 10 season but he isn not a top 10 player.

staylor26
07-20-2015, 09:49 AM

Name 10 better CB's

Rausch
07-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Name 10 better CB's

Why?

So someone on here can argue that Smith is better than Revis/Sherman/Grimes?

Where do you rate him in the top 10?...

Mav
07-20-2015, 10:10 AM

He is a top 10 corner.

Ones who are better.

Joe Haden
Patrick Peterson
Revis
Sherman
Vontae Davis

I could argue that smith could come in right after those 5.

Mav
07-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Why?

Wait. You think Grimes is heads and shoulders better than Smith? Seriously?

O.city
07-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Is it just me or is Patrick Peterson wildly overrated?

Rausch
07-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Wait. You think Grimes is heads and shoulders better than Smith? Seriously?

I think he's better, yes. Mostly because of his awareness and ball skills.

staylor26
07-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Why?

He doesn't have to be better than those guys to be top 10, but I think just above/below Grimes is where he should be ranked. After he showed the ability to cover a guy like Antonio Brown he solidified himself as a top 10 CB in my eyes.

Mav
07-20-2015, 10:20 AM
I think he's better, yes. Mostly because of his awareness and ball skills.

I think they are comparable.

Rausch
07-20-2015, 10:22 AM

He's still not finished learning the game. He gets a lot of love due to physical ability and return ability.

staylor26
07-20-2015, 10:25 AM

Slightly, but not wildly. He got abused by Julio after running his mouth last year.

Rausch
07-20-2015, 10:30 AM
I think they are comparable.

Excellent instincts and can compete with most WR's on the jump ball despite his size. If grimes had another 2 or 3 inches on him he'd be a lock top 5 CB.

BossChief
07-20-2015, 10:31 AM

The only guy more overrated is Catapano.

Peterson gets torched repeatedly

Nzoner
07-20-2015, 10:34 AM
For the first time ever I bet on them in Vegas this last March 14/1 to win the AFC and 35/1 to win the SB.Last year was my first time betting on the Royals.

Rain Man
07-20-2015, 10:58 AM
For the first time ever I bet on them in Vegas this last March 14/1 to win the AFC and 35/1 to win the SB.Last year was my first time betting on the Royals.

You're going to make a ton of money. I have a feeling about this year.

Nzoner
07-20-2015, 11:35 AM
You're going to make a ton of money. I have a feeling about this year.

If they do make the SB one thing I'm doing that I didn't do on the Royals is hedging my bet and flip flopping to the other side to cover my ass.There was no worse feeling than losing the World Series plus all the cash that went with a win.

Saccopoo
07-20-2015, 12:14 PM
He doesn't have to be better than those guys to be top 10, but I think just above/below Grimes is where he should be ranked. After he showed the ability to cover a guy like Antonio Brown he solidified himself as a top 10 CB in my eyes.

Especially in this system, which plays to his strengths.

Based on this past season, I'd put him top ten:

1. Darrell Revis, Patriots
2. Chris Harris, Broncos
3. Richard Sherman, Seahawks
4. Vontae Davis, Colts
5. Josh Norman, Panthers
6. Sean Smith, Chiefs
7. Xavier Rhodes, Minnesota
8. Brandon Flowers, Chargers
9. Pat Peterson, Cardinals
10. Rasheen Mathis, Lions

The Franchise
07-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Funny that the Dolphins drafted both Smith and Davis.....and then forced them into the wrong system.

staylor26
07-20-2015, 12:48 PM

2. Chris Harris, Broncos
4. Vontae Davis, Colts
5. Josh Norman, Panthers
6. Sean Smith, Chiefs

Has Xaiver Rhodes really been playing that well? Loved him as a prospect, but haven't heard much about him since. Don't think I watched the Vikings at all last season.

ThaVirus
07-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Xavier Rhodes and Harrison Smith were underrated last season. As were Anthony Barr and Eversen Griffith or Griffen or whatever.

Pretty much their whole squad.

Saccopoo
07-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Has Xaiver Rhodes really been playing that well? Loved him as a prospect, but haven't heard much about him since. Don't think I watched the Vikings at all last season.

Yeah, he was terrific this past season.

RunKC
07-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Speaking of the Vikings, if Teddy doesn't make a huge jump this year then he probably won't ever.

AD
Mike Wallace
Kyle Rudolph
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Stefon Diggs
Charles Johnson

Lot of quality weapons there

ThaVirus
07-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Speaking of the Vikings, if Teddy doesn't make a huge jump this year then he probably won't ever.

AD
Mike Wallace
Kyle Rudolph
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarius Wright
Stefon Diggs
Charles Johnson

Lot of quality weapons there

Aside from AD that list looks like ass

Mav
07-20-2015, 04:52 PM

2. Chris Harris, Broncos

4. Vontae Davis, Colts

5. Josh Norman, Panthers

6. Sean Smith, Chiefs

Jesus Christ. Tell me not having Joe Haden on there is just an oversight.

pugsnotdrugs19
07-20-2015, 04:57 PM
That Minnesota game on the road will be tough.

I can see us losing it in the sort of fashion as we did against Arizona last year, but then again I could see us winning it as we did against Miami last year.

Discuss Thrower
07-20-2015, 05:04 PM
That Minnesota game on the road will be tough.
.... I could see us winning it as we did against Miami last year.

Norv Turner goes full moron and abandons what his team is best at and whatever KC is weakest against during that game?

pugsnotdrugs19
07-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Norv Turner goes full moron and abandons what his team is best at and whatever KC is weakest against during that game?

AP is a force, but I really really really don't think this defense is going to be too intimidated. At all.

It's no different than the Seattle game last year, except Derrick Johnson is back and Bridgewater is far from Russell Wilson at this point.

Easy 6
07-20-2015, 07:02 PM

Clay is dropping a deuce on all rational thought tonight.

BlackOp
07-20-2015, 07:07 PM

#2 ranked pass defense wasn't good enough for him...

Hammock Parties
07-20-2015, 07:12 PM

A rookie and some guy named Gaines.

It's completely rational to expect PEYTON FUCKING MANNING to own those guys.

Easy 6
07-20-2015, 07:25 PM

It's completely rational to expect PEYTON ****ING MANNING to own those guys.

Yep, that's all there is to it... just a rookie and some guy named Gaines.

Rausch
07-20-2015, 07:27 PM

It's completely rational to expect PEYTON ****ING MANNING to own those guys.

Not at the age of 82.

The $#itbag Colts defense shut him down at the end of last year...

Hammock Parties
07-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Not at the age of 82.

The $#itbag Colts defense shut him down at the end of last year...

Key word...END.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Yep, that's all there is to it... just a rookie and some guy named Gaines.

It's extremely optimistic to think that a HOF QB won't torch that tandem.

Rausch
07-20-2015, 07:32 PM
Key word...END.

The end is all that matters.

We make the playoffs or we don't. I don't care how we make it only that we win when we get there...

BlackOp
07-20-2015, 09:03 PM
It's extremely optimistic to think that a HOF QB won't torch that tandem.

It's only optimistic if you are a fan of the Broncos...Manning had a 50% completion rating the last time they played. Since you pretend to like this team...I'll take it that you understood the context of your post. I'd say it's pessimistic considering they sent Brady's ass to the bench last season....but I actually like this roster.

You are going to win about 0% of support..railing on KC's defense.

Rausch
07-20-2015, 09:16 PM
It's only optimistic if you are a fan of the Broncos...Manning had a 50% completion rating the last time they played. Since you pretend to like this team...I'll take it that you understood the context of your post. I'd say it's pessimistic considering they sent Brady's ass to the bench last season....but I actually like this roster.

I don't think our secondary will be rated as good as it was last year but by the end of the year I think we'll be much better off. The talent level is LIGHT YEARS better than last year but there will be growing pains...

Chiefs Pantalones
07-20-2015, 09:26 PM
Manning owns us. We couldn't even beat his banged up crippled ass last year on SNF at home late in the year. Until after this Thursday night game and we get the win, it's goofy to think we'll beat them. I think we'll have a good chance...but I thought that last year too so who the F knows lol.

Quesadilla Joe
07-20-2015, 09:34 PM

He was hurt. When he was healthy he completed 80% of his passes against you with 3 TD's, 0 INT's and a 143.9 QB Rating.

It's going to be unfair for the Chiefs TBH. Having to play Peyton on a short week, with the same personnel on defense, same scheme, against a totally new offense that you guys have absolutely zero time to adequately prepare for. Peyton knows you guys like a book and your coaching staff has no clue about Denver.

RunKC
07-20-2015, 09:38 PM
The Chiefs Can beat Denver if they protect the QB and stop the run.

Denver is significantly weaker this year. Weaker OL. Weaker DL. Weaker at TE. They aren't as good as they were last season.

I hope we do to them what we did to the Pats last season.

Quesadilla Joe
07-20-2015, 09:45 PM
The Chiefs Can beat Denver if they protect the QB and stop the run.

Denver is significantly weaker this year. Weaker OL. Weaker DL. Weaker at TE. They aren't as good as they were last season.

I hope we do to them what we did to the Pats last season.

Your team knows they can't beat Denver. Denver knows that your team knows that they can't beat us. You guys have lost already and the season hasn't even started yet.

As soon as one bad thing happens in the game for the Chiefs, you will fold and Denver will take over.