PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sean Smith will be suspended for 3 games

Pages : [1] 2

RunKC
07-24-2015, 07:43 AM
@AdamSchefter: NFL is suspending Chiefs CB Sean Smith 3 games after he pled guilty last month for DUI and received two years’ probation, per NFL source.

I can't believe he got more than 2.

O.city
07-24-2015, 07:47 AM
Peters best get his shit together fast.

Pass rush needs to be in god mode early too

Bowser
07-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Chance of appeal and reduction?

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 07:50 AM
Chance of appeal and reduction?

I would think it could be reduced to 2.

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 07:50 AM
So he'll be out for two of the games we'll need him the most.

Because....

RunKC
07-24-2015, 07:51 AM
our matchup vs Denver looks completely ****ed now

Who cares if he plays 2 or 3 games? Like it's gonna matter playing the best QB in Lambeau with a stacked offense.

aturnis
07-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Jesus. Doesn't 3 seem harsh compared to what we usually see in a situation like this?

Bowser
07-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Jesus. Doesn't 3 seem harsh compared to what we usually see in a situation like this?

Yes, actually. It's not like he deflated footballs or anything.

mcaj22
07-24-2015, 07:56 AM
is he really the difference if this team loses or wins those games? Its our deepest position. Hes gone after this season anyway.

RunKC
07-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Sean Smith needs to appeal immediately.

If Greg Hardy can beat women and get his sentence reduced by 6 games, then Sean Smith should be able to get his reduced.

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 07:57 AM
our matchup vs Denver looks completely ****ed now

Who cares if he plays 2 or 3 games? Like it's gonna matter playing the best QB in Lambeau with a stacked offense.

The game against Denver and Green Bay would have been great barometer games.

They still will, obviously, but it would have been better to know how we fare at full strength. Our chances of winning also take a hit.

Bowser
07-24-2015, 07:58 AM
is he really the difference if this team loses or wins those games? Its our deepest position. Hes gone after this season anyway.

Eh, not "THE" difference, but it would be nice to have a veteran presence at corner the first month of the season, especially considering our opponents. Now we have a second year guy and a rookie as our starters.

ILChief
07-24-2015, 07:59 AM
This will appeal to 2

Chiefnj2
07-24-2015, 08:00 AM
As a football fan - seems a little harsh compared to other penalties.

As a human being - good. No excuse to drink and drive especially with the money he has. He's lucky he didn't kill someone and the NFL should take a harsher stance on things like this.

As far as CB being deep - it's young and inexperienced. The D will definitely miss him.

ptlyon
07-24-2015, 08:01 AM
is he really the difference if this team loses or wins those games?

Yes. It's like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

RunKC
07-24-2015, 08:03 AM
Good thing is that I do think that Peters is a guy who doesn't appear to have the game be too big for him.

I hope he fares well.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 08:05 AM

Yeah, this.

Plus, I'm more concerned about outscoring teams like Denver and GB anyway.

Tombstone RJ
07-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Sean Smith gets a 3 game suspension for DUI? That's a little harsh... how does Smith's honest mistake off the field affect the integrity of the game, Roger?

Bowser
07-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Sean Smith gets a 3 game suspension for DUI? That's a little harsh... how does Smith's honest mistake off the field affect the integrity of the game, Roger?

Roger doesn't like drinkers. Has he ever told you about his scars? His dad was a drinker......

MotherfuckerJones
07-24-2015, 08:21 AM
He'll appeal and it'll be reduced to one

MotherfuckerJones
07-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Smiths DUI is 3 games. Brady's deflation is 4 games. ROFL

aturnis
07-24-2015, 08:29 AM
As a football fan - seems a little harsh compared to other penalties.

As a human being - good. No excuse to drink and drive especially with the money he has. He's lucky he didn't kill someone and the NFL should take a harsher stance on things like this.

As far as CB being deep - it's young and inexperienced. The D will definitely miss him.

I'd agree with this.

KC_Lee
07-24-2015, 08:30 AM
Roger doesn't like drinkers. Has he ever told you about his scars? His dad was a drinker......

A young Roger???

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSeZxjLhxV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kc79
07-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Smiths DUI is 3 games. Brady's deflation is 4 games. ROFL

They're saying he got an extra game because he hit a pole.

staylor26
07-24-2015, 08:37 AM

Wow what a fucking joke

Mav
07-24-2015, 08:38 AM
This won't hurt as bad as some think. If anything this will speed the development of peters and let the Chiefs see where Gaines is going into year two.

Mav
07-24-2015, 08:40 AM

To protect the shield.

LoneWolf
07-24-2015, 08:43 AM

Sometimes those Eastern Europeans are mouthy motherfuckers and deserve to be hit.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 08:53 AM
I do hate losing his length.

Thomas is difficult to deal with because the guy is just massive. He's not a burner, he's not terribly quick - he's just huge. Even if Peters is on his game, there are times he's going to simply be outmatched physically.

That hurts. Badly. We desperately needed Smith for game 2 at home against Denver. Hell, if it were just the game at Mile High wouldn't be so bummed out but the Chiefs HAVE to win that game.

Without Smith they're facing an uphill climb.

ptlyon
07-24-2015, 08:54 AM
How do we know his car wasn't hacked?

Discuss Thrower
07-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Sometimes those Eastern Europeans are mouthy mother****ers and deserve to be hit.

Can confirm. Poles will do enough stuff you will consider taking a swing at them for.

RustShack
07-24-2015, 08:56 AM
He isn't planning on appealing it.

Chiefnj2
07-24-2015, 09:01 AM
This won't hurt as bad as some think. If anything this will speed the development of peters and let the Chiefs see where Gaines is going into year two.

Losing your top corner sucks. Especially when the guy is playing like a top 10 CB in the league. You need that vet experience when playing someone like Denver who runs a gazillion screens and picks.

InChiefsHeaven
07-24-2015, 09:01 AM

Heh. Length. Heh.

kc79
07-24-2015, 09:02 AM
Sometimes those Eastern Europeans are mouthy mother****ers and deserve to be hit.

😂😂😂😂

gblowfish
07-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Drunken fuck. No excuse for an NFL player to get a DWI. None.

R8RFAN
07-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Typical Cheap Scum

Dave Lane
07-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Didn't Pugsnothugs assure us 3 days ago that there would be no suspension?

Ebolapox
07-24-2015, 09:14 AM

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/What_5e4a0a_2517384.jpg

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 09:15 AM
Typical Cheap Scum

http://champs.champsnationcom.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/50ft-crap-brad-pitt-raiders.jpg

Ebolapox
07-24-2015, 09:15 AM
A young Roger???

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSeZxjLhxV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

think he was more going after this guy...

http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/heathledger.jpg?w=600&h=254

The Franchise
07-24-2015, 09:16 AM
Well fuck.

CoMoChief
07-24-2015, 09:20 AM

Nah i bet he gets re-signed.

saphojunkie
07-24-2015, 09:33 AM

Sean smith is the poster child for the player you don't re sign.

BossChief
07-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Damn, so we lose him against Denver and GB.

That's gonna hurt.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 09:40 AM

Unless he wants to stay on the cheap, no way.

If he has another solid season, he'll get paid and hopefully not by the Chiefs.

Especially with the secondary they've drafted lately.

chiefzilla1501
07-24-2015, 09:41 AM
With goodell, who the fuck knows. His arbitrary penalty system is the dumbest shit ever. It's not that hard. His dui punishment should be the same as the next guys punishment.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Damn, so we lose him against Denver and GB.

That's gonna hurt.Chiefs need to score more points, period.

MotherfuckerJones
07-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Typical Cheap Scum

3-13 mr 4th and 48ers

Dave Lane
07-24-2015, 09:43 AM

Thomas is difficult to deal with because the guy is just massive. He's not a burner, he's not terribly quick - he's just huge. Even if Peters is on his game, there are times he's going to simply be outmatched physically.

That hurts. Badly. We desperately needed Smith for game 2 at home against Denver. Hell, if it were just the game at Mile High wouldn't be so bummed out but the Chiefs HAVE to win that game.

Without Smith they're facing an uphill climb.

Already with the excuses? Smith is good but he's not Revis. He's like a B+ CB we can replace with a B- player. It's not like no one will man the position.

O.city
07-24-2015, 09:48 AM
If our front 7 can't get to/disrupt/hit Peyton it wouldn't really matter anyway.

But smith would help give them time to do that.

thabear04
WTF 3 games for DUI but punching your fiance only 2 games.

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/38e25f0e5e81ce657703703cf58b9b0bc1d093a.gif

DJ's left nut
Already with the excuses? Smith is good but he's not Revis. He's like a B+ CB we can replace with a B- player. It's not like no one will man the position.

It's not an excuse - Ws and Ls are all that matters and the Chiefs have no choice but to win that football game.

But lets not act like this doesn't make it substantially more difficult. Last year Smith was a fringe pro-bowl caliber player and his length perfectly matches up with what Thomas can do. It isn't just about 'B+' players, it's a B+ player that also presents a difficult matchup for Denver's top receiving threat.

It's the old boxing axiom - matchups make fights. Hell, let's say you replace Smith with another B+ player - he's still not going to be as good in that game because he doesn't present the length problems that Smith does.

If the Broncos lost Thomas, we'd see that as a pretty damaging loss for them and assume our odds of success just increased quite a bit, no? Well by losing Smith and a very strong matchup against Thomas, we've essentially done the inverse by increasing Thomas's effectiveness and thus decreased our odds of success quite a bit.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Good thing is that I do think that Peters is a guy who doesn't appear to have the game be too big for him.

I hope he fares well.

Peters is gonna be a bad ass in the NFL. this will give him opportunity right out the gate and cement him as a starter opposite Smith when he returns.

The Franchise
07-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Is this the 3rd year in a row we've had someone out for at least the first game with a suspension?

Bowe was last year. Wasn't Hali out 1 game the year before that?

BossChief
07-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Oh well, luckily we have a guy like Peters to step in and compete.

That's gonna be a straight brawl.

Eleazar
07-24-2015, 09:56 AM
He's a good but overrated player, who will hopefully be made redundant by Peters.

mcaj22
07-24-2015, 09:57 AM

what is the pro to overpaying him after you invest a bunch of high end draft picks at the position the last two years. Theres no reason for him to be here after this year. Hes not bad but we got potential, younger, cheaper talent waiting in the wings.

O.city
07-24-2015, 09:59 AM
It's not an excuse - Ws and Ls are all that matters and the Chiefs have no choice but to win that football game.

But lets not act like this doesn't make it substantially more difficult. Last year Smith was a fringe pro-bowl caliber player and his length perfectly matches up with what Thomas can do. It isn't just about 'B+' players, it's a B+ player that also presents a difficult matchup for Denver's top receiving threat.

It's the old boxing axiom - matchups make fights. Hell, let's say you replace Smith with another B+ player - he's still not going to be as good in that game because he doesn't present the length problems that Smith does.

If the Broncos lost Thomas, we'd see that as a pretty damaging loss for them and assume our odds of success just increased quite a bit, no? Well by losing Smith and a very strong matchup against Thomas, we've essentially done the inverse by increasing Thomas's effectiveness and thus decreased our odds of success quite a bit.

If we were without him and had to play them 3 times, for sure. But a single game, small sample size comes into play but 1 single play can make a difference.

Like I said (you said too iirc) if houston Hali and ford don't make plays, we can't beat them

BossChief
07-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Also, being we play RCB/LCB it will be interesting to see how Denver's lines up against us. Same for GB.

thabear04
07-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Has anybody seen this yet.

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11351543_1619759551596297_208552097_n.jpg

TEX
07-24-2015, 10:02 AM
@AdamSchefter: NFL is suspending Chiefs CB Sean Smith 3 games after he pled guilty last month for DUI and received two years’ probation, per NFL source.

I can't believe he got more than 2.

I can. He plays for the Chiefs...

The Franchise
07-24-2015, 10:02 AM

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/11351543_1619759551596297_208552097_n.jpg

Who gives a fuck? He's FROM Oakland.

Eleazar
07-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Who gives a fuck? He's FROM Oakland.

I might give one if it said "Oakland Raiders".

Well no, I wouldn't really.

CoMoChief
Sean smith is the poster child for the player you don't re sign.

How so?

TEX
Is this the 3rd year in a row we've had someone out for at least the first game with a suspension?

No - 3 out of 4.
Hali was out against Atlanta in 2012. Last year it was Bowe. Though none missed 3 games.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 10:05 AM

Looks like that would be painful on the spine. Does that say Oakland?

He's from Oakland.

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 10:07 AM

Hali had a pick 6 in week 1 of the 2013 season, IIRC.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 10:09 AM
If we were without him and had to play them 3 times, for sure. But a single game, small sample size comes into play but 1 single play can make a difference.

Like I said (you said too iirc) if houston Hali and ford don't make plays, we can't beat them

Yup, I did say that Houston, Hali and Poe need to step up against Denver. But as part of that conversation I said 'our best players need to step up and play their best in our biggest games'.

Smith is among our best players. Dipshit Clay spent an entire offseason disparaging the guy so suddenly the narrative started that he just isn't very good. After kicking ass and taking names last season folks started acknowledging 'well I guess he's adequate'. My ass, Sean Smith was a legitimately outstanding player for us last season. He was no worse than a top 10 NFL corner last season and an argument can be made that he was better than that.

I think people spent so much energy talking the guy down prior to last season that they're disregarding just how important he was. He was a great player last year and if we're going to do real damage this year, he'll need to be great again. Going into a contract year, I see no reason he wouldn't be and his loss will hurt.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Serious question: Is Uber not readily available in the KC Metro area? I recall taxi's as being fairly scarce but I'd think that with society's view towards DUI's, they'd be more available than when I lived there 22 years ago.

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 10:15 AM
Yup, I did say that Houston, Hali and Poe need to step up against Denver. But as part of that conversation I said 'our best players need to step up and play their best in our biggest games'.

Smith is among our best players. Dipshit Clay spent an entire offseason disparaging the guy so suddenly the narrative started that he just isn't very good. After kicking ass and taking names last season folks started acknowledging 'well I guess he's adequate'. My ass, Sean Smith was a legitimately outstanding player for us last season. He was no worse than a top 10 NFL corner last season and an argument can be made that he was better than that.

I think people spent so much energy talking the guy down prior to last season that they're disregarding just how important he was. He was a great player last year and if we're going to do real damage this year, he'll need to be great again. Going into a contract year, I see no reason he wouldn't be and his loss will hurt.

FTR, there were several people here that recognized Sean Smith as our best corner oftentimes during the 2013 season.

Some people are just more impressionable and Clay got his hooks in them.

The Franchise
07-24-2015, 10:17 AM
FTR, there were several people here that recognized Sean Smith as our best corner oftentimes during the 2013 season.

Yep. I loved when we signed Sean Smith. Dude is a perfect fit for this defense.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 10:18 AM

Some people are stupid, yes.

CoMoChief
07-24-2015, 10:19 AM
what is the pro to overpaying him after you invest a bunch of high end draft picks at the position the last two years. Theres no reason for him to be here after this year. Hes not bad but we got potential, younger, cheaper talent waiting in the wings.

We haven't even seen Peters play and Gaines is not a sure thing either, he needs to get bigger and stronger and his sample size is awfully small because of injury, which he will continue to get banged up and inj in this league is he doesn't bulk up and get stronger, and Nelson will be a nickel/dime CB.

Smith was a top CB in the NFL last season, and can be again this season with the added front 7 help. You need top CB's in today's NFL. And this team now has one. Berry is coming back hopefully soon, which will boost this defense even more.

I want a dominating Chiefs defense. It needs to be the best defense in the league because Alex Smith won't win this team shit unless it is the best. The defense has tons of talent on it, there's no reason not to invest in the defense more and not have to worry about the secondary for years. Is a DWI all you're scared of?

Can you imagine eventually having Smith, Peters, Gaines covering xyz, Parker as a single high safety, Berry down in the box covering TE's and underneath routes along w/ DJ, and Houston, Ford, Catapano, Bailey, and Poe all unleashing hell on the QB. WTF is going to be able to pass on us?

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Some people are stupid, yes.

Some is putting it very nicely

:D

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 10:25 AM
We haven't even seen Peters play and Gaines is not a sure thing either, he needs to get bigger and stronger and his sample size is awfully small because of injury, which he will continue to get banged up and inj in this league is he doesn't bulk up and get stronger, and Nelson will be a nickel/dime CB.

Smith was a top CB in the NFL last season, and can be again this season with the added front 7 help. You need top CB's in today's NFL. And this team now has one. Berry is coming back hopefully soon, which will boost this defense even more.

I want a dominating Chiefs defense. It needs to be the best defense in the league because Alex Smith won't win this team shit unless it is the best. The defense has tons of talent on it, there's no reason not to invest in the defense more and not have to worry about the secondary for years. Is a DWI all you're scared of?

Can you imagine eventually having Smith, Peters, Gaines covering xyz, Parker as a single high safety, Berry down in the box covering TE's and underneath routes along w/ DJ, and Houston, Ford, Catapano, Bailey, and Poe all unleashing hell on the QB. WTF is going to be able to pass on us?

Smith is unlikely to be affordable. By most accounts the Chiefs have approached him about an extension and the talks went nowhere. Byron Maxwell's contract is largely a bullshit contract full of fake numbers (similar to Ron Parkers) but even his absurd 6/$63 boils down to 2/$22 million after his roster bonus, signing bonus and guaranteed 2016 base is added up. He'll get cut/restructured in 2017 but he'll still have gotten $22 million in years 1 and 2.

So the 'real' value of the deal is still around $10 million in AAV and Smith should be able to demand that pretty easily.

The Chiefs just won't have that kind of money to spend. Granted, they've already worked $7.25 million into the cap for this season, but they have increases due to guys like Houston and Maclin next season that will swallow that up.

I'd love to keep him. He's appears to be a great teammate and an outstanding energy guy on the field (you need to be at the stadium to see that). He's a big part of the D's success. I just don't think it's realistic.

KCCHIEFS27
07-24-2015, 10:25 AM

Gaines is going to handle his just fine this year. I fully expect a breakout performance this year. Also, hopefully this means Smith comes back and has an all-pro type season for the 13-14 games he plays in. Let's collectively hold our breath that Peters and Co. can hold it down for a couple of weeks. I'm not too worried about with our front 7 stacked the way it is. With or without Smith, I believe we go 2-1 in our first 3.

thabear04
07-24-2015, 10:28 AM

Gains added some bulk during the off season not sure how much.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article23623108.html

Gaines, however, added that the extra bulk will probably be more helpful when defending the pick plays and screens that have become more popular than ever.

“(It will help) just getting off blocks and stuff,” Gaines said. “A lot of teams are going to fast screens, switchblade-type plays, so weight always helps you when you’re trying to disengage from a blocker.”

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Smith is unlikely to be affordable.

I'd love to keep Smith on an affordable three year deal, with something like $30 million in total value but I think he'll find more guaranteed money on the open market.

Fortunately, Dorsey has been drafting players while Emmitt Thomas has been working to develop them and while it will suck to lose him, the blow to the secondary would be far greater without Peters, Gaines and the others.

That said, this suspension is ludicrous. It's almost as if Goodell knows he's going to face the NFLPA with every suspension and therefore unleashes a stupid amount of punishment.

Smith should get one game, no more, no less.

BossChief
07-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Here's my hope for that Denver game...

Denver will be starting a rookie LT (Ty Sambrillo) and a journeyman at RT in Ryan Harris (at best) ...lost Ryan Clady, Julius Thomas (and his drafted replacement Heuerman), Manny Ramirez and Orlando Franklin

They will need to do a lot to make sure they protect Manning from getting hit a lot so early in the year and with the OL taking major steps back in ability, they're gonna need to utilize the scheme to do so.

That means lots of quick hitter passes, misdirection runs and play action. If Sutton prepares his guys effectively for those 3 things, I can see us having a good game against them defensively.

3 guys we need to slow down....CJ Anderson, Emmanuel Sanders and Demarius Thomas.

If that means we bracket Thomas AND Sanders on the outside and press at the line all night...I'm game. Do that in coverage and put pressure on their OL to block and we should be able to limit their offense enough to put out offense in a position to win.

staylor26
07-24-2015, 10:32 AM
We have the best secondary coaching in the NFL with Emmit Thomas and Al Harris. Peters will be ready to roll. Only question is who will play the nickel for those 3 games.

Dunerdr
07-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Old news

Dunerdr
07-24-2015, 10:33 AM
We have the best secondary coaching in the NFL with Emmit Thomas and Al Harris. Peters will be ready to roll. Only question is who will play the nickel for those 3 games.

Gaines??? Duh

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-24-2015, 10:36 AM

I came. Great post

RealSNR
07-24-2015, 10:36 AM
We've got the talent and depth to develop this year. We would be fine without Smith.

It's not like we're letting Brandon Carr walk away and replacing him with some random asshole from the Raiders in free agency next year. We've been stocking our secondary with good talent for the past three years now.

We should let Sean Smith sign with somebody else after this year and use his money on another guy.

staylor26
07-24-2015, 10:39 AM
Gaines??? Duh

Gaines will be on the outside. The coaching staff has made that clear.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Gaines will be on the outside. The coaching staff has made that clear.

My guess would be Nelson, though Fleming played well enough last year that Nelson will have to flat out take the job away from him.

Reid hasn't really been eager to get the rookies on the field in the defensive backfield; he tends to work them in slowly. It wouldn't surprise me to see Fleming start with the role and Nelson get more snaps throughout the season.

They could also put Abdullah there and have Branch play more of a conventional SS role, as they've done in the past.

staylor26
07-24-2015, 10:42 AM
My guess would be Nelson, though Fleming played well enough last year that Nelson will have to flat out take the job away from him.

Reid hasn't really been eager to get the rookies on the field in the defensive backfield; he tends to work them in slowly. It wouldn't surprise me to see Fleming start with the role and Nelson get more snaps throughout the season.

They could also put Abdullah there and have Branch play more of a conventional SS role, as they've done in the past.

I think you nailed it with Abdullah.

notorious
07-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Who gives a fuck?

BossChief
07-24-2015, 10:44 AM
We've got the talent and depth to develop this year. We would be fine without Smith.

It's not like we're letting Brandon Carr walk away and replacing him with some random asshole from the Raiders in free agency next year. We've been stocking our secondary with good talent for the past three years now.

We should let Sean Smith sign with somebody else after this year and use his money on another guy.

Depends on how the year plays out. We should have around 30m in space and a bunch of guys to sign or replace, so it depends on who earns extensions.

Dave Lane
07-24-2015, 10:45 AM

I disagree, There's no assurance the CB we use will do better or worse, same with Thomas for the Broncos. Another player may make the same or even better plays in his place. The odds are that the replacement wouldn't but to use this to say the Chiefs lose is asinine.

staylor26
07-24-2015, 10:46 AM
Depends on how the year plays out. We should have around 30m in space and a bunch of guys to sign or replace, so it depends on who earns extensions.

My guess is Howard and Abdullah get new contracts.

Rausch
07-24-2015, 10:47 AM

I doubt it.

His replacement is already on roster and he's got no leverage.

We'll let him walk and get a 5th round comp pick...

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 10:49 AM
I disagree, There's no assurance the CB we use will do better or worse, same with Thomas for the Broncos. Another player may make the same or even better plays in his place. The odds are that the replacement wouldn't but to use this to say the Chiefs lose is asinine.

Of course it isn't. A 6'2" veteran CB coming off a top 8 season is going to be replaced by a "sophomore", a rookie, or a guy that was cut from a practice squad prior to last season.

Essentially, we're taking a big hit at the second most important position on our defense while playing against a sure-fire HOF QB, probably the most intelligent QB of all time, and a team whose strength will directly exploit our newfound weakness.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 10:49 AM

The D we had last year was plenty good enough to win with. We need a more consistent offense.

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 10:50 AM
We've still got a solid 2 months before the regular season.

If any of our other CBs get dinged up and Marcus Cooper sees any real amount of game time action against Denver, we're fucked.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 10:51 AM

Um...so fuck talent, then? That's the approach you're going to take here?

I didn't say the Chiefs will lose - I said this will make it harder. If it's your position that anybody could go in there and outperform how Smith may have performed that day or that if Thomas went down the Bronco's #3 wideout may play the day of his life, then you're essentially saying any single game is random.

If that's the case, well shit, why bother talking football at all? Evidently it's just one big goddamn coin flip.

You're essentially downplaying the point of any pre-game discussion. If that's the case, then you've picked an odd place to spend time.

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 10:52 AM
I doubt it.

His replacement is already on roster and he's got no leverage.

We'll let him walk and get a 5th round comp pick...

If he plays well, he'll cost as much as Albert did and we'll approach a 3rd, IMO.

BossChief
07-24-2015, 10:55 AM
My guess is Howard and Abdullah get new contracts.

Howard will probably cost 5m. Abdullah turns 30 on July 27 and will probably get a new short term deal, but not for big money.

Stephenson and Allen can earn new deals, but I doubt for significant money.

Eric Berry? DJ?

I don't really see a reason to let SS walk unless lots of guys play the best ball of their lives and earn massive deals.

Rausch
07-24-2015, 10:58 AM
Of course it isn't. A 6'2" veteran CB coming off a top 8 season is going to be replaced by a "sophomore", a rookie, or a guy that was cut from a practice squad prior to last season.

You should have used a ? there.

And for the record it wouldn't be the first time under Dorsey.

Essentially, we're taking a big hit at the second most important position on our defense while playing against a sure-fire HOF QB, probably the most intelligent QB of all time, and a team whose strength will directly exploit our newfound weakness.

After this year it doesn't fucking matter. There isn't a QB in the league as good at getting the ball out of his hands as quickly as Manning.

Our secondary is young and talented. Odds are Manning exploits that.

I still think this team gets 10 wins and makes the playoffs.

I'd LOVE to get Denver round 1. Manning's arm will be ragged out and our secondary will have some serious PT by that point...

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 10:58 AM
So we have to face Manning AND Rodgers with a rookie and Gaines starting.

Yep. 0-3.

RunKC
07-24-2015, 11:00 AM

Yep. 0-3.

WE're playing Ryan Mallet week 1. I doubt we lose to him.

Rausch
07-24-2015, 11:02 AM
If he plays well, he'll cost as much as Albert did and we'll approach a 3rd, IMO.

It's possible.

IMO we've inflated Smith's value with our mad-good pass rush and he might rank top 10 next year.

If so I'm in complete agreement with letting him walk....

staylor26
07-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Yep. 0-3.

Bullshit 2-1 at worst.

penbrook
07-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Per Ian Rapoport

Usual suspension for a DUI is 2 games, unless there are extenuating circumstances. #Chief CB Sean Smith hit a street lamp. Led to extra game

Rausch
07-24-2015, 11:04 AM

Week 1 is very important.

It's a game we should win.

If we don't we're back to slumped shoulders and climbing back in the game.

If we do it's probably due to our defense and that rolls over to the Den game, at home, prime time, with huge crowd...

RunKC
07-24-2015, 11:06 AM
We're going to have to put Ron Parker on Marcus Peters side all night. Peters has potential, but this is Demaryius Thomas and Peyton Manning in his 2nd game.

Gaines is a good matchup vs Sanders. I'm just worried about Thomas.

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 11:07 AM

This team can lose to any QB in any game as they proved last year.

That D will wreck us and it will be game over.

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 11:10 AM
You should have used a ? there.

?

After this year it doesn't ****ing matter. There isn't a QB in the league as good at getting the ball out of his hands as quickly as Manning.

Our secondary is young and talented. Odds are Manning exploits that.

I still think this team gets 10 wins and makes the playoffs.

I'd LOVE to get Denver round 1. Manning's arm will be ragged out and our secondary will have some serious PT by that point...

I'm not talking about after this year; I'm talking about this year.

RunKC
07-24-2015, 11:13 AM
I like how Greg Hardy can beat the shit out of a woman and get 6 games off his record. Brady will probably get his reduced to 2 or maybe 1 game and we probably won't get our guy to reduce any games.

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Some of you may need these...http://forcechangecom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/menses-preparation-tampax.jpg

Rausch
07-24-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm not talking about after this year; I'm talking about this year.

So am I.

By the end of this year we'll be a much better team than at the start.

And our schedule is WEAK the last 6 games...

penbrook
07-24-2015, 11:16 AM
He hit a street light that's why he gets 3 games and not 2

MTG#10
07-24-2015, 11:16 AM
He isn't planning on appealing it.

Source?

Rausch
07-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Source?

Probably the fact he hasn't filed for an appeal...

MTG#10
07-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Probably the fact he hasn't filed for an appeal...

Maybe he has and it hasnt been reported...or maybe he's about to soon.

penbrook
Source?

Ian Rapoport

ThaVirus
So am I.

By the end of this year we'll be a much better team than at the start.

And our schedule is WEAK the last 6 games...

That may be true but we'll need our best players for our toughest games. This hurts no matter how you try and spin it.

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 11:20 AM
What does he lose by appealing? Even if it sticks, it's worth a shot. Losing three game checks on a $4 million salary has to hurt, even with a big payday on the horizon.

Rausch
07-24-2015, 11:21 AM
That may be true but we'll need our best players for our toughest games. This hurts no matter how you try and spin it.

I'm not a huge fan of Smith, and that's probably no secret.

I'd prefer to have the young guys thrown to the fire and see what we have there. Odds are Dorsey doesn't pay Smith what he's worth after this year anyway...

ThaVirus
07-24-2015, 11:24 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Smith, and that's probably no secret.

I couldn't imagine why. He's outperformed his contract thus far. What more could you ask for?

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2015, 11:25 AM
:harumph:bSo we have to face Manning AND Rodgers with a rookie and Gaines starting.

Yep. 0-3.

Bullshit.

And your "shtick" is really fucking old.

Rausch
07-24-2015, 11:26 AM
I couldn't imagine why. He's outperformed his contract thus far. What more could you ask for?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/cis67/picture19995354/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/petersforvahe

MMXcalibur
07-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Drunken fuck. No excuse for an NFL player to get a DWI. None.

This.

I don't care if he's a Chief.
Put his ass on the bench for another 3 games.

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 12:04 PM
:harumph:b

Bullshit.

And your "shtick" is really fucking old.

This isn't an act. The team isn't all that and now they are handicapped.

Logically I don't know why anyone would expect us to beat Denver and Green Bay. And the Chiefs have a bad habit of getting shitstained in openers on the road.

Just looking at the facts. Take your optimism and shove it.

staylor26
07-24-2015, 12:07 PM

Logically I don't know why anyone would expect us to beat Denver and Green Bay. And the Chiefs have a bad habit of getting shitstained in openers on the road.

The Broncos losing Wolfe is just as bad for them if not worse. At least Smith's backup is a 1st round pick.

RunKC
07-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Logically the Broncos have gotten significantly worse on DL, OL and TE. And Manning is older.

Denvers OL will look like ours did last year and that's not good for their run game.

Rausch
07-24-2015, 12:09 PM

The Texans also have a history of piss-back QB's and losing. We should play the perimeter and walk out of there with a win.

Week 2 is our real worry...

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 12:11 PM
The Broncos losing Wolfe is just as bad for them if not worse.

Not really, because the Chiefs OL is a dumpster fire.

staylor26
07-24-2015, 12:13 PM

Not even close to as bad as the Broncos d-line. They don't have the personell to run a 3/4 as it is.

Chiefnj2
07-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Logically I don't know why anyone would expect us to beat Denver and Green Bay. .

Somehow they were able to beat both Super Bowl teams.

Rausch
07-24-2015, 12:15 PM

Hudson > Grubbs + youth improvement...

Rausch
07-24-2015, 12:16 PM

We were able to play up to and down to our competition.

We got beat by suck-ass teams like the Raiders and Titans as well...

Chiefnj2
07-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Per Ian Rapoport

Usual suspension for a DUI is 2 games, unless there are extenuating circumstances. #Chief CB Sean Smith hit a street lamp. Led to extra game

That street lamp has some pretty big connections in the NFL front office. Don't mess with him.

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 12:17 PM

We don't beat Manning, and neither of those games were on the road.

Hootie
07-24-2015, 12:35 PM
that fucker hit a street lamp!? What a jerk !

Cmd'r&Chief
07-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Sean Smith needs to appeal immediately.

If Greg Hardy can beat women and get his sentence reduced by 6 games, then Sean Smith should be able to get his reduced.
That's a valid point, except your not considering that Clark Hunt isn't Jerry Jones. Only owners that are up Goodell's ass, get favors.

GoShox
07-24-2015, 12:47 PM
that fucker hit a street lamp!? What a jerk !

The NFL cares more about street lamps than they do women.

Hydrae
07-24-2015, 01:17 PM

I will never understand why you consider yourself a fan of this team. The constant negativity about the team, players, coaches, front office, and owner is incredible. I think most people are fans of a team because it brings them happiness (even with the difficulties with being a fan of a team that has the history of this one) but those moments are few and far between for you.

Why don't you find another team to be a "fan" of and go shit on them for a while? Please?

scho63
07-24-2015, 01:27 PM
How the hell does Sean Smith get 3 for DUI and Derek Wolfe ONLY gets 4 for using illegal PEDs??? :hmmm:

Seems screwed up but then again, Roger Asshole Goodell does pick his favorites. :rolleyes:

Hootie
07-24-2015, 01:29 PM
dude, a DUI is worse than PEDs

way worse if you ask me

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 01:32 PM
I think most people are fans of a team because it brings them happiness?

If that were the case no one would be a Chiefs fan.

This is a depressing team.

chiefzilla1501
07-24-2015, 01:33 PM
dude, a DUI is worse than PEDs

way worse if you ask me
Not from a football standpoint.

One is cheating.
The other is the nfl acting as moral police

I don't have a problem enforcing both. Except that they keep making up rules as they go along. Pretty simple... First dui gets you x games. Second gets you y games. What a load of bullshit that a pole should have anything to do with number of games, or that the nfl cam arbitrarily cut down suspensions based on a completely unwritten set of rules.

The third game is absolutely fucking horse shit.

BlackOp
07-24-2015, 01:33 PM
That's a valid point, except your not considering that Clark Hunt isn't Jerry Jones. Only owners that are up Goodell's ass, get favors.

Hunt offer's up a home game for the stupid London experimenter...and how does Goodell thank him...by tacking on an extra game for hitting a lamppost. A fucking lamppost cost him a game..not to mention that Smith's DUI happened before the new policy was implemented.

Players better be careful...they could be doing something today..that will get them suspended next year with a new rule.

Chiefnj2
07-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Hit a metal pole - 1 game.
Hit a woman - 2 games.

Chiefnj2
07-24-2015, 01:47 PM
People are misplacing their "anger."

Be mad at Smith.

Cmd'r&Chief
07-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Hunt offer's up a home game for the stupid London experimenter...and how does Goodell thank him...by tacking on an extra game for hitting a lamppost. A fucking lamppost cost him a game..not to mention that Smith's DUI happened before the new policy was implemented.

Players better be careful...they could be doing something today..that will get them suspended next year with a new rule.
Chiefs get mistreated more than most ball clubs because of Lamar Hunt starting a rival league all of those years ago.

mcaj22
07-24-2015, 02:14 PM

i thought this same thing last year in week 1 until they lost to a 26 year old injury prone QB who wasnt even that passionate about football and retired.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2015, 02:16 PM
This is a depressing team.

And you're a whiny twat

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 02:19 PM
i thought this same thing last year in week 1 until they lost to a 26 year old injury prone QB who wasnt even that passionate about football and retired.

One of these days I'll wrap my mind around that loss.

But probably not.

To me that loss has to sit in the coaches laps. There's no excuse for the Chiefs to have come out that flat in the opener and lose to a team that simply had no business being on an NFL field for most of the season.

Bob Dole
07-24-2015, 02:22 PM
When was the last time we began a season with all our starters?

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 02:23 PM
There's no excuse for the Chiefs to have come out that flat in the opener and lose to a team that simply had no business being on an NFL field for most of the season.

I know why it happened.

http://i.imgur.com/guY8ebH.jpg

BigMeatballDave
07-24-2015, 02:28 PM
I know why it happened.

http://i.imgur.com/guY8ebH.jpg

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/371458/450.jpg

thabear04
07-24-2015, 02:37 PM
When was the last time we began a season with all our starters?

2013 maybe.

ChiefGator
07-24-2015, 04:03 PM
The third game is absolutely ****ing horse shit.

I agree. He should appeal it, and I think he should win it.

Question 1) - What is the penalty for a DUI? Two games.

Question 2) - What is the penalty for being in a car accident or hitting a light pole? No games?!?

Two + Zero = Two

Should be two games total.

I'm not passing moral judgement on anything he did, but the penalties are supposed to be understandable, pre-stated, and fair.

BossChief
07-24-2015, 04:47 PM
The fact he got the DUI during the time when the penalty was only 2 game checks and no suspension, he absolutely should appeal this suspension and win.

It's bullshit that the idiot went out driving so drunk he hit a light pole, but that doesn't change the rules.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Another convenient Alexcuse added to the list.

milkman
07-25-2015, 09:39 AM
I get why people shit on Claythan, but anyone that isn't a little concerned that this team might come out of the gate 0-4, even with Sean Smith, is delusional.

ThaVirus
07-25-2015, 09:41 AM
I get why people shit on Claythan, but anyone that isn't a little concerned that this team might come out of the gate 0-4, even with Sean Smith, is delusional.

Agreed. Gotta love dude in this thread that said we're starting off 2-1 "at worst".

That guy is in for a serious fucking let down.

notorious
07-25-2015, 09:41 AM

2004 all over again.

3 home games out of the first 11 weeks FFS.

If this team comes out with a winning record they should be in the discussion for the SB.

BigMeatballDave
07-25-2015, 11:12 AM

I'll be concerned if it happens.

I'm far more concerned about how this team finishes.

Easy 6
07-25-2015, 04:56 PM

Guess I'm delusional then, just dont see how that happens even without Smith.

Some people love to knock the wins with various excuses, but this team did put it on both the pats and seattle with a less than full strength defense and chopped liver at WR... and this years team is both deeper and in its third year of this regime.

We're too deep and too coached up at this point to shit the bed like that.

And I say that agreeing with the sentiment that while we're deep at corner, its not exactly a time tested/proven group behind Smith... there are quite a few questions back there behind him, I just honestly believe that this staff now has enough of "their" guys to hold up without him for 2 games just fine.

And that's where this better end up, 2 games max.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2015, 05:08 PM
You can blab about those wins over NE and Seattle but the fact remains:

1. Manning has our number.
2. We haven't beaten anyone good, and certainly not elite, on the road under Reid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Nothing but Wild Card exits with Alex.

End the era.

New World Order
07-25-2015, 05:41 PM

2. We haven't beaten anyone good, and certainly not elite, on the road under Reid.

Neither has Denver

Easy 6
07-25-2015, 05:43 PM

1. Manning is still in the league only by modern miracles of science, and there is absolutely nothing out there in the football universe that says the team behind him did anything but get weaker this year as well. The only constant in this world is change, Manning had our number.

2. Things change, see #1.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2015, 05:49 PM
2. Things change, see #1.

With this kind of logic for the Chiefs you can argue every year we're going to the Super Bowl. LMAO In fact you can argue that for every team in the NFL.

TEAM X OUTLOOK: THINGS CHANGE, EXPECT A GREAT TEAM THIS YEAR BECAUSE CHANGE IS A CONSTANT

Gadzooks
07-25-2015, 05:52 PM

My first reaction upon seeing this tattoo was that it read "DONKLOAD".

The "Old English" calligraphy threw me off...

I presumed all KC CBs had this tattoo and it was used as a target by Bronco WRs (post anal coitus).

Easy 6
07-25-2015, 05:53 PM
With this kind of logic for the Chiefs you can argue every year we're going to the Super Bowl. LMAO In fact you can argue that for every team in the NFL.

TEAM X OUTLOOK: THINGS CHANGE, EXPECT A GREAT TEAM THIS YEAR BECAUSE CHANGE IS A CONSTANT

I used to love you, but now I have to kill you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 05:54 PM
My first reaction upon seeing this tattoo was that it read "DONKLOAD".

The "Old English" calligraphy threw me off...

I presumed all KC CBs had this tattoo and it was used as a target by Bronco WRs (post anal coitus).

ROFL

Another stunning moment in Lil' Chiefy history.

MMXcalibur
07-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Nothing but Wild Card exits with Alex.

End the era.

Goddamnit Alex Smith, why couldn't you stop the Colts offense!?!?!?!?

The Bad Guy
07-25-2015, 08:14 PM

Reid beat the Eagles in Week 3 on the road his first season. You'll find some way to discredit it, I'm sure.

ThaVirus
07-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Reid beat the Eagles in Week 3 on the road his first season. You'll find some way to discredit it, I'm sure.

Mike Vick was starting. They were more effective with Foles starting later in the year.

Figured I'd beat him to it...

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2015, 08:23 PM

If it weren't for his Star Wars takes, he'd be on ignore for me.

He's become the exact opposite of what he was ten years ago on this site and yet somehow, he's even more annoying.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2015, 08:24 PM

Not a very good team, and certainly not close to elite. Not with Vick.

The Bad Guy
07-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Not a very good team, and certainly not close to elite. Not with Vick.

Your criteria was good. Not very good.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Your criteria was good. Not very good.

You've got me, bro. We beat a Vick-led Eagles team so we can totally beat Aaron Rodgers on the road. ROFL

The Bad Guy
07-25-2015, 09:36 PM
If it weren't for his Star Wars takes, he'd be on ignore for me.

He's become the exact opposite of what he was ten years ago on this site and yet somehow, he's even more annoying.

He's far worse now. He was at least entertaining when his sister was getting a train run on her in the next room and he was eating a whole bag of doritos and providing play by play in a dedicated thread.

Now, he wants to be Mr. Doom and Gloom and the minute the Chiefs do well, he'll put on the Chiefs 3X top that he wore 10 years ago and pretend to be the world's biggest fan.

Fans like him are truly the worst. There's no risk involved. If what you've been spewing is right, you get to stick your chest out like it matters. If you're wrong, you get to bask in the glory of winning.

I could see being a pessimist, and providing actual arguments to back up your points, but it's pitiful anymore.

The Bad Guy
07-25-2015, 09:38 PM
You've got me, bro. We beat a Vick-led Eagles team so we can totally beat Aaron Rodgers on the road. ROFL

Don't put words in my mouth, dickbag.

You said Reid had never beaten a good team on the road while Chiefs HC. He did which was all I was pointing out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 09:41 PM
I have no faith in the Chiefs. Just good comedy for a Sunday afternoon.

Nothing more, nothing less.

RunKC
07-25-2015, 09:41 PM
He's far worse now. He was at least entertaining when his sister was getting a train run on her in the next room and he was eating a whole bag of doritos and providing play by play in a dedicated thread.

Now, he wants to be Mr. Doom and Gloom and the minute the Chiefs do well, he'll put on the Chiefs 3X top that he wore 10 years ago and pretend to be the world's biggest fan.

Fans like him are truly the worst. There's no risk involved. If what you've been spewing is right, you get to stick your chest out like it matters. If you're wrong, you get to bask in the glory of winning.

I could see being a pessimist, and providing actual arguments to back up your points, but it's pitiful anymore.

The guy should be banned the moment we win a playoff game, be it this year, next year, etc.

Fans like this don't deserve to enjoy the good times with fans that are actually fans during the hard times.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2015, 09:50 PM
I have no faith in the Chiefs. Just good comedy for a Sunday afternoon.

Nothing more, nothing less.

And this is why you're a worthless poster.

Zero calories. A metric fuckton of carbs.

If you were caught in an apartment fire and the rescue workers accidentally used their AIDS hose, it wouldn't even make the local news, let alone garner any sympathy from ChiefsPlanet.

Actually, I think people would cheer.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2015, 09:51 PM
AIDs hose LMAO

Add that shit to the lexicon!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 09:52 PM
And this is why you're a worthless poster.

Zero calories. A metric fuckton of carbs.

If you were caught in an apartment fire and the rescue workers accidentally used their AIDS hose, it wouldn't even make the local news, let alone garner any sympathy from ChiefsPlanet.

Actually, I think people would cheer.

ROFL

I will applaud excellent work.

Excellent work.

Meanwhile, Alex Smith.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2015, 09:53 PM
ROFL

I will applaud excellent work.

Excellent work.

Meanwhile, Alex Smith.

I'm in a mood.

:)

Shaid
07-25-2015, 09:55 PM
I think you nailed it with Abdullah.

Agree.

BlackOp
07-25-2015, 10:04 PM

Don't let KC's past interfere with objectivity....you sound like an abused wife. Minus Watt...KC has a vastly superior roster. It would take a monumental collapse.. like losing 3 starters to injury (Titans) to blow that game. Mallet is their ****ing QB. Seven of their nine wins last season were against bottom feeders..

Denver gets 2 days to prepare for KC's home opener...with a new scheme on both sides. This is a great situation for the Chiefs...we all saw what happened on 3 days rest in Oakland. KC then gets like 10 days to prepare for Rogers...not saying they win it but the extra time is a boon.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2015, 10:07 PM
Don't let KC's past interfere with objectivity....you sound like an abused wife. Minus Watt...KC has a vastly superior roster. It would take a monumental collapse.. like losing 3 starters to injury (Titans) to blow that game. Mallet is their ****ing QB.

Denver gets 2 days to prepare for KC's home opener...with a new scheme on both sides. This is a great situation for the Chiefs...we all saw what happened on 3 days rest in Oakland. KC then get like 10 days to prepare for Rogers...not saying they win it but the extra time is a boon.

Milkman is old and senile.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 10:10 PM

No one knows anything, the world is run by monkeys.

Let's all quit and go get tacos.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2015, 10:12 PM
No one knows anything, the world is run by monkeys.

Let's all quit and go get tacos.

Or breakfast burritos with plenty of Cholula

The Bad Guy
07-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Sure. This team could be 0-4. They could also be 1-3, 2-2, 3-1, 4-0. I know jack shit about this team until I watch the 3rd preseason game and the first half of the opener.

Personally, I think this is the most talented roster this team has had in 10 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Or breakfast burritos with plenty of Cholula

WIN.

Smed1065
07-25-2015, 10:14 PM

Old and conditioned.

Smed1065
07-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Sure. This team could be 0-4. They could also be 1-3, 2-2, 3-1, 4-0. I know jack shit about this team until I watch the 3rd preseason game and the first half of the opener.

Personally, I think this is the most talented roster this team has had in 10 years.

Most balanced IMO in a LONG time.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2015, 10:19 PM

This could be the best 9-7 team of all time, surpassing the 2011 Giants.

I have very high hopes.

BlackOp
07-25-2015, 10:33 PM

Shit...longer than that. That defense in 2003-2005 was a pile of flaming dog-shit. It was the worst...

Quesadilla Joe
07-25-2015, 10:33 PM

It's the same roster you have had for the past 3 years - Berry + Grubs - Albert + jack shit - Ryan Harris = Same.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 10:34 PM
It's the same roster you have had for the past 3 years - Berry + Grubs - Albert + jack shit - Ryan Harris = Same.

You really shouldn't talk. Donkeys are now held together with duct tape.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2015, 10:35 PM

Duck tape

Duct lips

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Duck tape

Duct lips

LMAO

Quesadilla Joe
07-25-2015, 10:39 PM

Duct tape that is reinforced by Wade Phillips and Gary Fuckin' Kubiak.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Duct tape that is reinforced by Wade Phillips and Gary Fuckin' Kubiak.

ROFL

Two names that inspire flatulence at best.

BlackOp
07-25-2015, 10:43 PM

Well, you have 4 new o-lineman and a 39 year old dinosaur. The dude is slower than a sloth. The new system is going to get him killed. Manning fanboys know the days of tying their sagging masculinity to a rented QB is about to end.

The Bad Guy
07-25-2015, 10:45 PM

You are a fucking fool, as usual.

The Bad Guy
07-25-2015, 10:47 PM
Shit...longer than that. That defense in 2003-2005 was a pile of flaming dog-shit. It was the worst...

Yeah, I'm way off with that.

It does have the most balance without question.

Quesadilla Joe
07-25-2015, 10:48 PM
You are a fucking fool, as usual.

I see the same exact Chiefs team as last year. You lost Hudson and added Grubbs, lost Bowe and added Maclin.

The blueprint to stop the Chiefs is to defend Charles and live with the rest.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2015, 10:51 PM
I see the same exact Chiefs team as last year. You lost Hudson and added Grubbs, lost Bowe and added Maclin.

The blueprint to stop the Chiefs is to defend Charles and live with the rest.

Your football takes are fucking garbage

Quesadilla Joe
07-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Well, you have 4 new o-lineman and a 39 year old dinosaur. The dude is slower than a sloth. The new system is going to get him killed. Manning fanboys know the days of tying their sagging masculinity to a rented QB is about to end.

The new system is going to take the burden off of the 39 year old QB. If Peyton Manning is the second thing you have to worry about (like Elway was with TD), then Denver will be absolutely unstoppable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2015, 10:57 PM
The new system is going to take the burden off of the 39 year old QB. If Peyton Manning is the second thing you have to worry about (like Elway was with TD), then Denver will be absolutely unstoppable.

You won't even make the playoffs.

Quesadilla Joe
07-25-2015, 10:58 PM
Your football takes are fucking garbage

How is KC any different than they were last year? You get some guys back from injury, but so does everyone else. At the end of the day all you have to do is contain Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith and the rest of the Chiefs cannot consistently move the ball down the field.

Quesadilla Joe
07-25-2015, 10:59 PM
You won't even make the playoffs.

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2015, 11:02 PM
How is KC any different than they were last year? You get some guys back from injury, but so does everyone else. At the end of the day all you have to do is contain Jamaal Charles. Alex Smith and the rest of the Chiefs cannot consistently move the ball down the field.

Yo don't even know what defense we run....embarrassing. Easily a more talented team than Denver.

BlackOp
07-25-2015, 11:02 PM

Yeah...your running backs looked good when Manning was ripping it up. NOW they have to carry the burden behind 4 new o-lineman. You pretend like that's not a huge issue...but it is.

Teams essentially conceded the run to stop all those illegal picks....you have Owen Daniels now? Welker's gone...

This isn't the same Broncos team we've watched the past few years...talent-wise or schematically.

The only thing you are hanging your hat on is that "Magic Peyton" will mask all that talent that left. I wouldn't count on it...

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Dude will have the opener turned off at halftime and will hide from this board week 1

Quesadilla Joe
07-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Yeah...your running backs looked good when Manning was ripping it up. NOW they have to carry the burden behind 4 new o-lineman. You pretend like that's not a huge issue...but it is.

Actually Denver didn't even start playing CJ until Manning got hurt.

BlackOp
07-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Actually Denver didn't even start playing CJ until Manning got hurt.

Who were your offensive lineman again? Never mind...they dont exist anymore. Unless you are extremely dim...I wouldn't pin my hopes on a bunch of castoffs and rookies filling in without a drop-off. Then there is Kubiak...who has been about as average a HC as there is. It's not like your team really upgraded anything there...Wade is a good DC without a line.

This is the beginning of Denver's AFCW purgatory...enjoy the last season before you live in the cellar.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Anderson is a dogturd teams didn't respect because of Rag Arm. Faced a soft box on every down. Now that they know he's washed up....UH OH!!_

Hammock Parties
07-25-2015, 11:33 PM
CJ Anderson will be the new Jamaal Charles in a year after Charles breaks down.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/11/09/2014-11-0914_22_03.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XsfncBXFhTM/VHvgr_tgnZI/AAAAAAAAvog/QNTYWDH2Hx4/s1600/n.gif

smith11
07-25-2015, 11:41 PM
I don't understand why the nfl penalizes guys for off field issues ...does walmart penalize a greeter who get s a dui or dv charge

to me if the criminal system deals with it the person has paid their price

BlackOp
07-25-2015, 11:45 PM

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XsfncBXFhTM/VHvgr_tgnZI/AAAAAAAAvog/QNTYWDH2Hx4/s1600/n.gif

You actually spent 15 minutes of your life to find those irrelevant clips? I should just post clips of Holmes killing teams. This isn't the same Bronco team.

If you try to bask in the fun of when KC does well this season...I hope the the mods ban your ass for hating everything about the Chiefs. You are a trip..seriously have no idea why you bother following the team..unless being adversarial gets you the attention your private life is missing.

Chiefshrink
07-26-2015, 12:38 AM
I don't understand why the nfl penalizes guys for off field issues ...does walmart penalize a greeter who get s a dui or dv charge

to me if the criminal system deals with it the person has paid their price

I get your point, however, greeters don't have a high public profile being followed everyday by thousands of journalists who report in a millisecond the moment you fart(with lawyers waiting in the wings to sue) not to mention that Walmart doesn't charge an arm and a leg to enter their store before you even think about a purchase. Oh and there is the role model issue for the young and the impressionable. Oh and there is the advanced HD televison and theater like atmosphere that many of us have in our homes that the NFL has to compete with because who wants to pay high ticket,food and parking prices and stand in long lines for mediocre play when you can just stay at home and get just about the same type of stadium atmosphere. Thus why NFL stadiums have a giant screen to compete to some degree. Teams need to keep the seats filled and Sean Smith antics don't cut it. Oh and if your law breaking is severe enough even away from work, yes, your company can fire you.

milkman
07-26-2015, 05:21 AM

I agree that this is the most talented roster that this team has had in years.

I am not sure that any of the 90s teams had a roster this talented.

But until I see the O-Line provide protection, I can't feel confident.

If the line is good, then Alex Smith can be good enough to win 12 games and in the playoffs.

If this line is bad, this team has a real chance to start off the season at 0-4 0r 1-3, and finish below .500.

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2015, 07:17 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XsfncBXFhTM/VHvgr_tgnZI/AAAAAAAAvog/QNTYWDH2Hx4/s1600/n.gifClay needs some time off.

Difficult to imagine a 'man' in his 30s acts this way.

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2015, 07:20 AM
LMAO

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2015, 07:24 AM

You know nothing except the 100 cocks that are in your mouth or up you ass at any given moment.

RealSNR
07-26-2015, 08:04 AM

You thought we still ran a 2-gap 3-4 defense.

You have no room to talk about our roster.

RunKC
07-26-2015, 08:37 AM
The Broncos have the worst offensive line they've had in years. Your TE's are significantly depleted and your DL sucks.

The Broncos are a shell of what they were 2 years ago

Chiefshrink
07-26-2015, 09:25 AM
The Broncos have the worst offensive line they've had in years. Your TE's are significantly depleted and your DL sucks.

And you have Kubiak who is "Peter Principled" at the O coord position who doesn't realize it yet as a head coach who will eventually be banging heads with Manning in due time. This will be interesting to watch for sure.:thumb:

Quesadilla Joe
07-26-2015, 09:48 AM

The OL is a question mark but Kubes and Dennison have been known for turning scrubs into studs.

Our TE's are fine if they can stay healthy. Virgil Green is a highly underrated player.

Our DL is amazing. Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe would be the best DE's on your team, and then when you add Von, Ware and Shane Ray on top of it...

mcaj22
07-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Poe and Allen Bailey are better than anyone on your DL. And they also don't cheat.

Also I think the Virgil Green "Fantasy Football" breakout is going on 4 years now. I'm sure he will still catch 5 passes and be a nobody.

RunKC
07-26-2015, 09:59 AM
Lol sylvester Williams hasn't done anything, Wolfe is average at best. You're relying on an old Veteran who is a JAG.

Broncos had a horrible offseason

staylor26
07-26-2015, 10:04 AM
The OL is a question mark but Kubes and Dennison have been known for turning scrubs into studs.

Our TE's are fine if they can stay healthy. Virgil Green is highly underrated player.

Our DL is amazing. Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe would be the best DE's on your team, and then when you add Von, Ware and Shane Ray on top of it...

ROFL Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe better than Allen Bailey? I don't even believe they are better than Jaye Howard.

Quesadilla Joe
07-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Poe and Allen Bailey are better than anyone on your DL. And they also don't cheat.

Also I think the Virgil Green "Fantasy Football" breakout is going on 4 years now. I'm sure he will still catch 5 passes and be a nobody.

Malik Jackson
http://i60.tinypic.com/280qwrb.png

Derek Wolfe
http://i61.tinypic.com/11h572s.png

Allen Bailey
http://i61.tinypic.com/2n16tdw.png

Poe
http://i57.tinypic.com/t5svww.png

Shaid
07-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Look at the snap count. It's easy to fair better when you're only playing situational football.

milkman
07-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Look at the snap count. It's easy to fair better when you're only playing situational football.

That's fare.

The Bad Guy
07-26-2015, 10:20 AM

Him and Green from SD are going to be in the breakout fantasy stars column for 10 straight seasons.

Chiefshrink
07-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Lol sylvester Williams hasn't done anything, Wolfe is average at best.

Wolfe taken in the 2nd round and Jackson taken in the 5th of the 2012 draft. Jackson the clear winner here. And you are correct that Williams taken in the 1st rd of the 2013 draft is a bust so far but we can say the same about Fisher even more so because he was the very first pick of the 2013 draft.

Chiefshrink
07-26-2015, 10:30 AM
Him and Green from SD are going to be in the breakout fantasy stars column for 10 straight seasons.

I've always liked L Green in SD. He is truly dangerous. 2yrs ago he was rocking it and last year was a disappointment. But I agree with you that LG will rock it this year for sure.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
07-26-2015, 10:32 AM
That's fare.

How much $fare$ ?

The Bad Guy
07-26-2015, 10:33 AM
I've always liked L Green in SD. He is truly dangerous. 2yrs ago he was rocking it and last year was a disappointment. But I agree with you that LG will rock it this year for sure.:thumb:

He's hyped every year and every year he sucks.

He's not rocking anything but preseason hype meters.

staylor26
07-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Somebody needs to find that .gif of Poe and Bailey on 3rd and inches as the only 2 down linemen completely wrecking shit.

Edit: Here's the link can't find the gif http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/5/25/8653833/dontari-poe-allen-bailey-chargers-offensive-line-kansas-city-chiefs

Our D-line is so much better ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-26-2015, 11:49 AM
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/3b/3bed916c-de43-40d3-b7ec-9b220f2ecb3b_1000.jpg

Chiefaholic
07-26-2015, 12:18 PM
You actually spent 15 minutes of your life to find those irrelevant clips? I should just post clips of Holmes killing teams. This isn't the same Bronco team.

If you try to bask in the fun of when KC does well this season...I hope the the mods ban your ass for hating everything about the Chiefs. You are a trip..seriously have no idea why you bother following the team..unless being adversarial gets you the attention your private life is missing.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on why he acts the way he does. His social life is pretty lame, so he spends countless hours on a message board to give a little excitement to his life. Posting positive responses didn't garner the amount of attention he craves, so posting as a troll adds excitement to his life.

R8RFAN
07-26-2015, 01:51 PM
You are right

Hammock Parties
07-26-2015, 01:53 PM
This pretty much sums up my opinion on why he acts the way he does. His social life is pretty lame, so he spends countless hours on a message board to give a little excitement to his life. Posting positive responses didn't garner the amount of attention he craves, so posting as a troll adds excitement to his life.

Great theory bro. There's no way the shitty state of the franchise over the years totally wore down my fandom. No way at all.

BossChief
07-26-2015, 02:08 PM

How about Buffalo?

Hammock Parties
07-26-2015, 02:14 PM
How about Buffalo?

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
07-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Great theory bro. There's no way the shitty state of the franchise over the years totally wore down my fandom. No way at all.

Weaksauce.

Follow the team or don't. Bashing the organization is funny to a point. You've become just as redundant as they have become in terms of failing the same way over and over.

Hammock Parties
07-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Weaksauce.

Follow the team or don't.

I do, and will continue to do so. That doesn't mean I am required to fall into lockstep with the homer brigade.

Chiefaholic
07-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I do, and will continue to do so. That doesn't mean I am required to fall into lockstep with the homer brigade.

Just admit your act is nothing more than an attention grab, you know it's true. The franchise is leaps and bounds better than we were at the end of the Pioli regime. Dorsey has been nothing short of brilliant in rebuilding this team for now and future years.