PDA

View Full Version : Football Ricardo Lockette on 'the interception'

DJ's left nut
07-24-2015, 02:55 PM
Really cool article:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/ricardo-lockette-super-bowl-interception/

I can’t watch the film. I absolutely can’t stand to see it. People have told me it was the perfect interception. People have told me there’s a camera angle where it looks like I’m about to walk right into the endzone. People have told me all sorts of things about the last play of Super Bowl XLIX. I wouldn’t know. Whenever it comes on, I turn away.

I have the whole thing in my head anyway, second by second. I remember going into the huddle, and Russell Wilson is just looking at everybody like, Here we go. This is it. I truly believed we were about to win. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind. You can’t look at Russ and not believe. I’ve never been around a more confident person. He calls a play we’d practiced all year. We ran it three times during the season in the same situation, to 100 percent completion. Perfect. Unstoppable play.

The play always goes to me. I think, Well, damn. Here we go. Let’s win the Super Bowl. I jog to the line and the stadium is deafening. I look across the line. Darrelle Revis follows Doug Baldwin to the other side. We have the matchup we want. Before I have time to think or be nervous, the ball is snapped. I take off. Jermaine Kearse sets the pick in front of me, just like we’ve done it a hundred times. I’m looking at Russ … I’m looking at Russ … I see the ball coming.

I see that ball coming, man. I’ll never stop seeing it.

The next thing I know, I’m on the turf on my knees. I’m looking around like, Okay, it’s incomplete? I look across to the Patriots’ sideline, and I see Tom Brady jumping up and down. And then I look across to our sideline and I see our guys with this blank look, with their heads dropped.

I will never forget that pain. Never.

Growing up, I was a dirt poor kid riding his bike around the dirt roads of Georgia. I never thought I could be the guys I watched on TV. I honestly didn’t even think I was fast until high school. The track and field coach convinced me to come out for the team. I was like, “Coach, these dudes who run track are lame. I’m trying to get girls, man!” But he finally convinced me to do the high jump. Then, one day at a meet, one of my homeboys who ran the 4×4 didn’t show up. Coach turns to me and says, “Ricardo, we need you.”

I’m standing there wearing heavy-ass Air Jordan sneakers and basketball shorts. I’m like, Uhhh … nah, Coach.

Coach says, “We don’t have anybody else. Just run.”

So I walk out onto the track and line up. All the other guys have spikes on, and they’re wearing gold chains and sick wrap-around shades like they got a Nike deal. I’m looking at Coach like, Are you kidding me? This is about to be embarrassing.

Bang. Gun goes off. I take off in my Jordans and I end up having one of the best splits in the relay. I’ve been running ever since. My speed is what got me noticed at the 2011 NFL Combine, after only catching one touchdown my senior season at Fort Valley State. Still, it wasn’t enough to get me drafted. I was raw. Thankfully, the Seahawks called and told me they liked my attitude, and they had a spot for me on the practice squad.

Christmas Eve 2011, I finally got activated against the San Francisco 49ers. You couldn’t have scripted it any better. The 49ers were always my father’s favorite team. He was in the stands for the game. First play of the game, I’m in the huddle and Tarvaris Jackson, who was at the QB at the time, calls Double Right, Double Go. He looks me dead in the eyes and says, “I’m going to throw you the ball. Just run.”

I did not want to leave that huddle. I was frozen in place for a half-second. The huddle breaks, and I trot over to my spot. I see Carlos Rodgers is lined up against me. I’m looking at the dude thinking, “Man, I used to get so many interceptions with you in Madden. This is crazy!”

My second thought was, “He’s not faster than me. Let’s go. Let’s do this right f***** now.”

The ball was snapped, the stadium got super quiet and I took off. Ten yards. Twenty. Thirty. Forty. I turned my head to look up, and the ball was floating there, spinning in slow motion — doot, doot, doot — like in a freaking movie. I reached up and grabbed it. Wham. I hit the ground. Next thing I know, there’s this roar of noise from the crowd and the entire Seattle sideline is surrounding me, giggling and going crazy like I won the game. It was the first quarter.

I got back to the sideline after the series, and I looked up to where my dad was in the stands and yelled, “Merry Christmas.”

I tell that story all the time because it was so crazy to catch a ball over Carlos Rogers on my first play in the NFL, but it’s kind of misleading. I got by on my speed on that go-route. That’s not how you stay in the league. We have over 600 plays in the Seahawks’ playbook, plus all the reads and variations that are not written down. Sometimes it’s so loud on the road that you can’t even hear Russ make a call at the line, so you have to rely on a sign or a wink or just your intuition if he’s making a different read.

It’s crazy out there. There’s so much that goes into the NFL game that has nothing to do with your athleticism or your pedigree. And thank God for that, or else we would have no business making back-to-back Super Bowls. We’re mostly a bunch of late-round, undrafted, unheralded nobodies. On paper, we might not look like much, but we’ve been able to be contenders because we’ll outwork you every time. Every team probably thinks they have that mentality, but few really do. I remember my first night after I signed with the Seahawks — I get to the hotel room, and my roommate Doug Baldwin is already in there snoring.

I’m like, “Ah, man, sorry to wake you up!”

He’s like, “Oh no, it’s cool, it’s cool.”

“Ricardo Lockette. Fort Valley State.”

“Doug Baldwin. Stanford University.”

We were both undrafted. His exams were just a little harder.

Then he turns back to bed and says, “Now take your ass to sleep. We got work to do tomorrow.”

It hasn’t changed from that day on. We get up early to get to the facility, and stay late. We eat in the same seats at the same lunch table. When Doug gets tired or I get tired, we just give each other a look and say, “Undrafted. They about to cut your ass.” And we push through it. When I met Doug that first night, I didn’t have a car. I didn’t have an apartment. I had a bag of clothes from college, my receiver’s gloves and a hotel room. That’s all I had. A couple hundred dollars and a dream.

I had nights where I just stared at my bedroom ceiling.

Now look at us. Super Bowl champs in 2013, back in 2014. I should be thankful. Does that make it hurt less that we didn’t repeat? Hell no. People would come up to me after we lost and be like, “Well, you know, Malcolm Butler made a perfect play. You just gotta tip your cap to him.”

That’s ridiculous. That’s like saying someone shot your brother, but it was a really good shot. It doesn’t make it hurt any less. Nothing can take the pain away except getting back there and winning another Super Bowl. I’m lucky to have a tight circle around me, but this offseason was really, really tough. I had nights where I just stared at my bedroom ceiling. I didn’t care what other people said about me, but I was really worried about what my teammates thought.

Then in April, I got a text from Russell. He was organizing a trip for players-only workouts in Hawaii, for the third year in a row. When we got there, it was like something out of a movie. For real, I was standing on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and there were literally whales in the water splashing around. I remember thinking, “Shoot man, from Albany, Georgia, to this.”

NFL: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins

I was standing there looking out at the ocean for a long time, and Russ walked up to me. It was the first time we’d seen each other since the Super Bowl. I told him how I’d been having a lot of sleepless nights. He said him, too. Then he looked at me and said, “We’re going to get back there, and if we’re in that same position again, I’m going to throw you the ball again. We’re going to get it done. I trust you.”

This wasn’t some rehearsed speech. There are quarterbacks out there who will say things like that, and as it’s coming out of their mouth, you know they don’t believe it. The special thing about Russ is that no matter what happens, his belief in others is beyond anything you’ll ever see in football. That matters to guys like you wouldn’t believe.

I told him, “I got you.”

We hugged, and that was it. That was all that needed to be said. We’re standing there on this cliff with the sun going down, giant whales swimming around, wearing Hawaiian shirts.

Sometimes I just have to shake my head like, “Yo, is this real?”

Hammock Parties
07-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Tarvaris Jackson, who was at the QB at the time, calls Double Right, Double Go. He looks me dead in the eyes and says, “I’m going to throw you the ball. Just run.”

LMAO

More proof that Tardvaris was not a very good QB.

Rain Man
07-24-2015, 03:52 PM
LMAO

More proof that Tardvaris was not a very good QB.

I actually liked that quote. He was making sure that a rookie WR knew what was going on.

Cool article. I like articles like this.

thabear04
07-24-2015, 03:57 PM
I actually liked that quote. He was making sure that a rookie WR knew what was going on.

Cool article. I like articles like this.

Do you hate him now after he did this.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/c5F-MGzd-vi5hN5OaCKoftALDMc=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2463124/ricardo.0.gif

suzzer99
07-24-2015, 04:01 PM
I can confirm that Albany, GA is indeed a shithole one should be elated to have gotten out of.

Hootie
07-24-2015, 04:03 PM
...and people don't want Russell Wilson at QB

I mean, lmao lmao lmao

RunKC
07-24-2015, 04:04 PM
Play shouldn't have been called, but the. Ball should have been thrown low.

Hootie
07-24-2015, 04:05 PM
Play shouldn't have been called, but the. Ball should have been thrown low.
And the nba was great in the early 2000s

RunKC
07-24-2015, 04:06 PM
And the nba was great in the early 2000s

Truth hurts

Rasputin
07-24-2015, 04:21 PM
"I have the whole thing in my head anyway, second by second. I remember going into the huddle, and Russell Wilson is just looking at everybody like, Here we go. This is it. I truly believed we were about to win. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind. You can’t look at Russ and not believe. I’ve never been around a more confident person. He calls a play we’d practiced all year. We ran it three times during the season in the same situation, to 100 percent completion. Perfect. Unstoppable play."

And Bill Bellacheat knew this and why he had the "perfect" defense to defend the play. That's all it took was three plays during the season that Bill Belacheat sample size for him to recognize or have his players recognize what they were going to do.

notorious
07-24-2015, 04:42 PM
"Sets the pick in front of me"

Son of a bitch, they don't even try to hide it.

Rain Man
07-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Do you hate him now after he did this.

I now strongly believe that the thug should be expelled from the league.

Quesadilla Joe
07-24-2015, 08:10 PM
And Bill Bellacheat knew this and why he had the "perfect" defense to defend the play. That's all it took was three plays during the season that Bill Belacheat sample size for him to recognize or have his players recognize what they were going to do.

You're giving Belicheat a little too much credit here. Every coach will look at cutups of teams goal line plays. Seeing 3 TD passes using the exact same play in the exact same situation kind of stands out.

-King-
07-24-2015, 09:57 PM

I mean, lmao lmao lmao

They don't? Who?

And what in this article should change their mind? The fact that he hugged Lockette in Hawaii?
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
07-24-2015, 10:00 PM
No surprised they lost. They are dumb as hell.

listopencil
07-25-2015, 12:12 AM

I was wondering if any of you were going to catch that.

Hamwallet
07-25-2015, 08:47 AM

I mean, lmao lmao lmao

I one right? Who wants a Chiefs season like last years Royals playoff run? It was terrible.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 10:57 AM
They don't? Who?

And what in this article should change their mind? The fact that he hugged Lockette in Hawaii?
Posted via Mobile Device

The fact that he's the ultimate leader who shows ultimate poise in ultimate situations. I mean, all he has done his entire career is excel in big moments.

This is going to be like Kobe/LeBron for you all over again. Remember, I don't forget, bud.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 10:58 AM
The thing I take from this more than anything is how amazing of a coach Bill Belichick is.

He knew that play was coming. Knew it. And he had coached it. I mean, good God. Talk about being prepared and having his players prepared.

RunKC
07-25-2015, 11:26 AM
The playoffs from the NFC was actually really good and exciting last year. Every round had a game with drama and excitement.

Detroit vs Dallas, Dallas vs GB, GB vs Seattle and then the Seahawks in the SB. All crushing plays to end the games.

The AFC needs to step up bc it was boring as fuck last January. Ravens/Pats was the only entertaining game.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 11:29 AM
I'm still fucking pissed off about the Detroit/Dallas game and I was rooting for Dallas until that fucking nonsense that fucked over Detroit (at this point I forget what it was that even happened that made me so mad). And I'm still fucking pissed that the NFL's rule book is so fucking stupid they took that OBVIOUS catch away from Dez. It robbed us of getting to see Aaron Rodgers have to lead his team down the field (with plenty of time) to win a playoff game. Something I desperately want to see out of Aaron before I can call him the NFL's best player. Fuck you, NFL, for that one.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 11:30 AM
oh yeah ... some DPI that the officials called after the play by like 3 minutes just to extend a drive for Dallas ... most garbage call I've ever seen

milkman
07-25-2015, 11:53 AM
"You can't look at Russ and not believe"

Just Passin' By
07-25-2015, 12:52 PM
The fact that he's the ultimate leader who shows ultimate poise in ultimate situations. I mean, all he has done his entire career is excel in big moments.

This is going to be like Kobe/LeBron for you all over again. Remember, I don't forget, bud.

:spock:

This thread is all about a big moment where Wilson didn't excel, and you're bringing this post to the table?

Just Passin' By
07-25-2015, 12:55 PM

I was wondering if any of you were going to catch that.

In the NFL, picks are legal within one yard of the line of scrimmage.

milkman
07-25-2015, 01:02 PM

This thread is all about a big moment where Wilson didn't excel, and you're bringing this post to the table?

Even Joe Montana failed to convert every single opportunity.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 01:08 PM

he executed the shitty play that was called just fine ... and Belichick knew it was coming ... which exemplifies even further how fucking idiotic that playcall was

I mean

I'll never forget it. Cost me $900 fucking dollars

Just Passin' By
07-25-2015, 01:10 PM
Even Joe Montana failed to convert every single opportunity.

And, if you were smart, you wouldn't be bragging about Montana's big game prowess in a thread about his playoff play from 1985-1987.

milkman
he executed the shitty play that was called just fine

No, he didn't.

Just Passin' By
he executed the shitty play that was called just fine ... and Belichick knew it was coming ... which exemplifies even further how ****ing idiotic that playcall was

I mean

I'll never forget it. Cost me $900 ****ing dollars

He didn't execute it just fine. That's why it got picked.

milkman
07-25-2015, 01:11 PM
And, if you were smart, you wouldn't be bragging about Montana's big game prowess in a thread about his playoff play from 1985-1987.

If I was smart, I wouldn't be wasting keystrokes on a bitch like you.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 01:13 PM
you guys are fucking idiots, and will always be fucking idiots

there was absolutely nothing wrong with that pass ... perhaps it wasn't perfect ... but the DB reacted to it PERFECTLY as he knew the play was coming because New England spent 2 weeks preparing for a play THEY USED 3 TIMES IN THE SAME FUCKING SITUATION

It was god damn garbage. Terrible, terrible play call. The execution was fine. The defense just executed better.

There is no other opinion to this.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 01:16 PM
it's a total timing route and the fact of the matter is ... if there was no one on the field, Lockette would have made the catch. Easily.

That's on the QB? Because the defense knew the play? LMAO

Just Passin' By
07-25-2015, 01:17 PM
If I was smart, I wouldn't be wasting keystrokes on a bitch like you.

Go fuck yourself. You jumped in on me when I'd posted nothing wrong or remotely problematic. All I was pointing out was Hootie's incongruous bragging about a player's excellence in big moments when the thread's discussing a big moment where that player failed.

notorious
07-25-2015, 01:19 PM
there was absolutely nothing wrong with that pass ... perhaps it wasn't perfect ....

http://www.brightfutura.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/MartianHeadExplodes.gif

Hootie
07-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Go **** yourself. You jumped in on me when I'd posted nothing wrong or remotely problematic. All I was pointing out was Hootie's incongruous bragging about a player's excellence in big moments when the thread's discussing a big moment where that player failed.

that player didn't fail, though

he was the only guy on that team that kept them in the game ... the Patriots were the better team yet it took a total collapse and a legendary performance by Brady for the Pats to win

and even that win was heavily assisted by Bevell calling THE SAME FUCKING PLAY HE HAD USED 3 PREVIOUS TIMES THAT SEASON and Belichick knowing the play before the snap and coaching that play in preparation leading up to the game

it was the worst play call in the history of the NFL

and it's hilarious that your personal beef with me has made you constantly try and refuse to acknowledge that play call as fucking awful

it was so bad

it made no sense ... and it's even worse now knowing that Belichick knew it was coming

milkman
07-25-2015, 01:25 PM
you guys are ****ing idiots, and will always be ****ing idiots

there was absolutely nothing wrong with that pass ... perhaps it wasn't perfect ... but the DB reacted to it PERFECTLY as he knew the play was coming because New England spent 2 weeks preparing for a play THEY USED 3 TIMES IN THE SAME ****ING SITUATION

It was god damn garbage. Terrible, terrible play call. The execution was fine. The defense just executed better.

There is no other opinion to this.

No, you useless fucking moron, you are the fucking idiot.

The fact that it has been pointed out that it was poorly executed, and why it was poorly executed, and you ignore it.

It was a piss poor play call, but Wilson also fucked up, and that is not opinion.
That is fact.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 01:25 PM
and that INT was arguably the 2nd biggest play Butler made ... him blatantly tripping Lockette on that crossing route where he fell down was fucking huge ... Lockette catches that and makes 1 cut he scores a TD and the game is over ...

how the officials missed that I'll never know

milkman
07-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Go **** yourself. You jumped in on me when I'd posted nothing wrong or remotely problematic. All I was pointing out was Hootie's incongruous bragging about a player's excellence in big moments when the thread's discussing a big moment where that player failed.

Wow, buy some damn tampons.

I didn't jump on your useless dumb ass.
I just pointed out the obvious.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 01:27 PM
No, you useless ****ing moron, you are the ****ing idiot.

The fact that it has been pointed out that it was poorly executed, and why it was poorly executed, and you ignore it.

It was a piss poor play call, but Wilson also ****ed up, and that is not opinion.
That is fact.

No, you're wrong. The pass was fine. That pass is caught if Butler doesn't make the play of a lifetime. Butler made one of the clutchest plays I've ever seen. It was insane. He knew what was coming at the snap and wasted zero motion to getting to that ball. That was coaching. He knew it was coming. It was the worst fucking thing I've ever seen in my life. If that was the Chiefs and the Chiefs made that playcall in that moment I might have killed myself. Really.

notorious
07-25-2015, 01:28 PM
Prepare yourself because that is exactly what Reid would do in that situation.

milkman
07-25-2015, 01:29 PM
No, you're wrong. The pass was fine. That pass is caught if Butler doesn't make the play of a lifetime. Butler made one of the clutchest plays I've ever seen. It was insane. He knew what was coming at the snap and wasted zero motion to getting to that ball. That was coaching. He knew it was coming. It was the worst ****ing thing I've ever seen in my life. If that was the Chiefs and the Chiefs made that playcall in that moment I might have killed myself. Really.

This is not just my opinion.

This was something pointed out by analysts from Mooch to Warner on the NFL Network, and by analysts on sports talk radio in the days following the game.

milkman
07-25-2015, 01:30 PM
And everyone agreed it was a poor play call, and poor execution by Wilson.

Hootie
07-25-2015, 01:31 PM
This is not just my opinion.

This was something pointed out by analysts from Mooch to Warner on the NFL Network, and by analysts on sports talk radio in the days following the game.

it's not a video game ...

Tom Brady missed Edelman by 3 feet on the same play he hit him on a few series later to score the "game winning" TD

I don't really fucking care if Russell Wilson received the snap and proceeded to throw the ball 80 yards behind him ... the play call was terrible, and the fact Belichick knew the play call because they've ran it in that situation so many times is even worse

Fucking awful. That play call robbed a lot of guys out of a Super Bowl. Disgusting.

milkman
07-25-2015, 01:34 PM

Tom Brady missed Edelman by 3 feet on the same play he hit him on a few series later to score the "game winning" TD

I don't really ****ing care if Russell Wilson received the snap and proceeded to throw the ball 80 yards behind him ... the play call was terrible, and the fact Belichick knew the play call because they've ran it in that situation so many times is even worse

****ing awful. That play call robbed a lot of guys out of a Super Bowl. Disgusting.

And I agree that it was a terrible play call, even if it was the only time that they'd ever ran that play.

But the fact remains, Wilson still failed to execute.

RobBlake
07-26-2015, 02:12 AM
hootie going off is a highlight on this forum

-King-
07-26-2015, 12:10 PM

It's hard to NOT show poise when you're literally acting out Gods wishes. Dude is Jesus part 2.

I never forget either. BTW, you love QBR, how come you don't bring up his QBR in post season games?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
07-26-2015, 12:11 PM

I don't really fucking care if Russell Wilson received the snap and proceeded to throw the ball 80 yards behind him ... the play call was terrible, and the fact Belichick knew the play call because they've ran it in that situation so many times is even worse

Fucking awful. That play call robbed a lot of guys out of a Super Bowl. Disgusting.

If Pete Carroll doesn't throw that pick, Seahawks win.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
07-26-2015, 12:21 PM
It's hard to NOT show poise when you're literally acting out Gods wishes. Dude is Jesus part 2.

I never forget either. BTW, you love QBR, how come you don't bring up his QBR in post season games?
Posted via Mobile Device

I bring it up constantly

mdchiefsfan
07-26-2015, 12:42 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Russel Wilson's divinity transcends mere mortals' statistics.

-King-
07-26-2015, 12:44 PM
I bring it up constantly

Under 40 for half his post season games. Elite!

Hell dude had a 0.2 rating for 55 minutes of a game until boosting it toba stellar 13.8 in the last 5 minutes and overtime.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/101699/no-one-gets-more-help-than-russell-wilson

Hootie
07-26-2015, 12:46 PM
what were his super bowl qbr's? just curious

-King-
07-26-2015, 12:55 PM
what were his super bowl qbr's? just curious

90 and 80. Good numbers. Still doesn't make up for half of your post season games being terrible. Wouldn't you say he benefits greatly from being able to play the next week after posting a 13.8 rating? How many QBs get an opportunity to play the next week after a game like that? Or 2 straight post season games under 40 QBR and still make the Superbowl.

Posting 3 good QBRs and 3 terrible QBRs the past 2 years isnt elite.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
07-26-2015, 01:10 PM
90 and 80. Good numbers. Still doesn't make up for half of your post season games being terrible. Wouldn't you say he benefits greatly from being able to play the next week after posting a 13.8 rating? How many QBs get an opportunity to play the next week after a game like that? Or 2 straight post season games under 40 QBR and still make the Superbowl.

Posting 3 good QBRs and 3 terrible QBRs the past 2 years isnt elite.
Posted via Mobile Device

post tom bradys last 7 postseason qbrs

Dave Lane
07-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Great playcall just didn't work.

ThaVirus
08-26-2023, 01:28 PM
Weird bump but I came across this interview of Carroll and Sherman in regards to “the interception”. It’s always interesting to hear about the thought process behind big plays, but what I found most interesting is that they both thought that the result of this play prevented them from threepeating. It was the beginning of the end of the Legion of Boom and any potential Seahawks dynasty.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pete Carroll and <a href="https://twitter.com/RSherman_25?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RSherman_25</a> take us behind the scenes of the Malcolm Butler interception play call in Super Bowl XLIX.<br><br>Watch the FULL interview with the <a href="https://twitter.com/Seahawks?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Seahawks</a> head coach: <a href="https://t.co/LGREvVjkqQ">https://t.co/LGREvVjkqQ</a> <a href="https://t.co/mtJszfBfIh">pic.twitter.com/mtJszfBfIh</a></p>&mdash; The Volume (@TheVolumeSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVolumeSports/status/1694016586661978165?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni
08-26-2023, 02:20 PM
Russ fucked it all up

SHOWTIME
08-26-2023, 02:24 PM
"I have the whole thing in my head anyway, second by second. I remember going into the huddle, and Russell Wilson is just looking at everybody like, Here we go. This is it. I truly believed we were about to win. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind. You can’t look at Russ and not believe. I’ve never been around a more confident person. He calls a play we’d practiced all year. We ran it three times during the season in the same situation, to 100 percent completion. Perfect. Unstoppable play."

The head of Belichick’s Spygate program, Ernie Adam’s, figured out that the Seahawks were going to throw the ball in the situation because of film he reviewed. If it weren’t for that play and Dee Ford being offsides, Brady (the most overrated player in NFL history) would be 5-4 in super bowls…

Arch Stanton
08-26-2023, 05:27 PM
Russ ****ed it all up

Yep.

Ball has to be thrown low, or not at all.

Cheatriot d line penetration blocked the lane for the pass.

It was I/O, so Wilson should have grounded it and gone on to the next play.

Macroach
08-26-2023, 06:15 PM
Can't believe it's been 8 years since this ... getting old sucks.

Jewish Rabbi
08-26-2023, 06:25 PM
Maybe Russ could have thrown it low if he wasn’t a fuckin midget lmao

Rain Man
08-26-2023, 08:05 PM
Jermaine Kearse sets the pick in front of me, just like we’ve done it a hundred times.

That's cheating.

Though of course the patriots were likely listening to the playcall on their eavesdropping devices, so maybe it evens out.