PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs An Email from Iwanna Schitz About Offensive Team Names

2bikemike
07-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Hope this isn't a repost! If so I apologize.

Here is an e-mail sent to Iwanna Schitz of the Chicago Daily News after an article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins.* It drives home the Point!!!

Dear Mr. Page:
I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political correctness and courtesy, we must move forward – ASAP!

The Kansas City Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians fall into the same boat. Furthermore, if your shorts are in a wad because the name Redskins refers to skin color, then we also need to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.
The Carolina Panthers obviously were named in memory of militant Blacks from the 60's. It too should be Gone, being offensive to us white folk.

And, being from the South, we find the New York Yankees as offensive as one can get, having fought a war against the them. Do you see a team named for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic war that cost this country so many young men's lives and I say stick our flag in a location where the sun don’t shine.
I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among our sports team names. Its totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres on our sports page.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged. We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Pittsburgh Pirates! My God people, get real!

Now, let us address those teams that send wrong message to our children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible spending habits. Wrong message to our children!

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children!

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers & barbiturates.
Nothing could be worse. Wrong message to our children!

The Milwaukee Brewers . . . well this goes without saying.
Wrong message to our children!

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that can rectify this obvious lack of PC ASAP! If not, the government will likely get hands-on heavily involved, looking for something new to screw up. Just the kind of thing the do-nothing Congress loves

I am satisfied and diehard Oregon State fan. However, if the movement catches on, it might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State nickname – or at least the women's athletic teams -- to something other than "Beavers. It’s especially embarrassing to play Southern California . Do we really want the Trojans sticking it to our Beavers?

I always love your articles and generally agree with them. As for the Redskins name, I hereby lead off by suggesting the name be changed to “Foreskins.” It better represent the community, paying tribute to the dick heads in Congress.

alanm
07-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Has there ever been a headline saying "Trojans stick it to Beavers"? :D

88TG88
07-24-2015, 11:08 PM
They were named Trojans long before the condom brand took the name, never really found it that funny

Why Not?
07-24-2015, 11:22 PM
They were named Trojans long before the condom brand took the name, never really found it that funny

It's not that funny. That is, until you start having fun with college team names. The above article misses some easy marks when it leaves out South Carolina. Think of a NCAA tournament headline from a weekend review

" 'Cocks go through Trojans, pound Beavers"

-King-
07-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Dumb.
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil
07-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Iwanna Schitz?

ChiefGator
07-25-2015, 04:17 AM
Iwanna Schitz?

Well don't sit in front of your computer... go to the smallest room in your house, with a quickness!

TEX
07-25-2015, 06:40 AM
:clap: ROFL

That email is fucking awesome! :clap:

RealSNR
07-25-2015, 06:42 AM
Iwanna isn't even a real name. It was made up by people who love joke names.