Munson
07-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Yes!

eDave
07-28-2015, 09:06 PM
This is remarkable really.

tk13
07-28-2015, 09:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> announce that Eric Berry has been cleared to practice with the team on Wednesday.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/626226500652691456">July 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
07-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Unbelievable really

cmh6476
07-28-2015, 09:08 PM
wtf wow!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Can he play NT?

threebag
GO ERIC BERRY!!!

MotherfuckerJones
Tears of joy!! Welcome back Berry!

Strongside
07-28-2015, 09:10 PM
That is insane. Almost tears worthy. That guy is superman.

notorious
Good news.

Be the story of the year, Eric.

Brock
Love this guy

Quesadilla Joe
Wow awesome news. Happy for him.

Mav
07-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Per Terez.

Wow. Amazing.

Wallcrawler
07-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Holy shit.

Im sure these physicians are top notch, but I REALLY hope they've done their diligence here. Radiation seriously weakens your body, lessens bone density, all that nasty shit. That's REALLY soon to be coming back into such a physically demanding, and punishing sport.

I wouldn't have thought to see him back before next season at the earliest.

Strongside
07-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Favorite Chief, and for good reason. Met him several times, and he's one of the most humble, kind pro athletes I've ever come across. Truly glad to have him back. #fuckcancer

BigMeatballDave
Awesome!

Mav
Can he play NT?

No, but he can whip cancers ass.

The Bad Guy
07-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Holy shit.

Im sure these physicians are top notch, but I REALLY hope they've done their diligence here. Radiation seriously weakens your body, lessens bone density, all that nasty shit. That's REALLY soon to be coming back into such a physically demanding, and punishing sport.

Of course they've done their diligence.

DaFace
07-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Whoa - really? I'm still skeptical that he'll be in good enough shape to really be a key player this year, but that's fantastic news.

Hammock Parties
07-28-2015, 09:14 PM
And yet Cassel lives...

Chromatic
07-28-2015, 09:14 PM
WHAT THE FUCK

I thought for certain it would take at least a year or so for him to even make a decision on whether or not he would attempt a come back. It wouldn't have surprised me if he never played football again.

Also, there's no way his Dr's would allow this if they saw a trace of his cancer. This looks to be the best case scenario anyone could have hoped for.

Hammock Parties
07-28-2015, 09:15 PM
The home opener is certainly going to be emotional with Berry coming out.

Chromatic
And yet Cassel lives...

Cassel deserves cancer?

Urc Burry
Surely he starts on the PUP list? I've always thought the Branch signing was a placeholder for Berry.. Didn't think Berry would come back at all this year though

MotherfuckerJones
This is fucking awesome! Get strong Berry....BerryStrong!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Fuck off, Dan Sorensen

The Bad Guy
07-28-2015, 09:16 PM
And yet Cassel lives...

You really are a fucking terrible person.

O.city
07-28-2015, 09:17 PM
You really are a ****ing terrible person.

But he brings so much to the board!!!,!,

dirk digler
That is great news but I am totally shocked he is coming back so soon.

Lonewolf Ed
That is incredible! I know he didn't go through chemo as long as I have, but still, that stuff knocks you down. I am sure that if I ever get cancer free, it will take me at least a year to regain my endurance and strength. The endurance is what has taken the biggest hit for me. I am beyond happy for Eric Berry!

Hammock Parties

Oh lighten up, Francis, it was a joke.

BossChief
07-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Wow.

KChiefs1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> announce that Eric Berry has been cleared to practice with the team on Wednesday.</p>— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/626226500652691456">July 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

No way! Awesome.

Hootie
I actually laughed this time around. First time, not so much

notorious
07-28-2015, 09:19 PM
I just imagined a story being done about Berry during the Super Bowl pre-game........

thabear04
07-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Wtf wow. I wish Eric Berry a healthy season.

vailpass
07-28-2015, 09:20 PM
I don't root for his play but I'm certainly rooting for him. Steel balls...

eDave
07-28-2015, 09:20 PM
That is incredible! I know he didn't go through chemo as long as I have, but still, that stuff knocks you down. I am sure that if I ever get cancer free, it will take me at least a year to regain my endurance and strength. The endurance is what has taken the biggest hit for me. I am beyond happy for Eric Berry!

You will fuck cancer next dude.

O.city
07-28-2015, 09:22 PM
The Thursday nighter against Denver should be pretty cool

Strongside
07-28-2015, 09:23 PM
I can't wait to I see this kid run out of that tunnel again.

stevieray
07-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Amazing!

ThaVirus
07-28-2015, 09:24 PM
The Thursday nighter against Denver should be pretty cool

Let him sit for the Houston game then start him for the Denver home opener. That should charge that whole stadium up.

Rausch
07-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Awesome.

ThaVirus
07-28-2015, 09:25 PM
If he's even 75% this does wonders for our safety depth.

Abdullah, Parker, Branch and Berry. Assuming full health, I feel pretty great heading into a season with my safety situation looking like that.

Perineum Ripper
07-28-2015, 09:25 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/1207ddd54d7167928de5a24d4594a614/tumblr_nd91voSZ8Z1sjbr2bo1_400.gif

BossChief
07-28-2015, 09:26 PM
I can't wait to I see this kid run out of that tunnel again.

This is gonna sound very vaginaesque, but that will be one of my favorite moments as a fan of this team.

Titty Meat
Awesome news. When I saw him last night he looked pretty skinny.

penbrook
He has lost some muscle but who would of thought Berry would of been back ever let alone this year. Dude deserves some type of award. This stuff is unheard of. Beating cancer less than a year and getting back on the field.

RealSNR
07-28-2015, 09:27 PM
I think we're evolving as a species or something.

Even with medical technology the way it is, how many humans 10 years ago could have come back this quickly?

People like Berry are superhumans.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 09:27 PM
Awesome news. When I saw him last night he looked pretty skinny.

He has about a month to regular season. Dude will be ready. He beat cancer I'm sure he can gain 20 pounds of muscle in a month

Urc Burry
07-28-2015, 09:29 PM
He has about a month to regular season. Dude will be ready. He beat cancer I'm sure he can gain 20 pounds of muscle in a month

I'd love for him to be ready to start the season, but I am anticipating him startin on the PUP

Hammock Parties
07-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Literally nobody can do that.

Maybe his weight loss will help his speed though and encourage the coaches to play him deep instead of in the box.

Eleazar
07-28-2015, 09:30 PM
I have been trying to say, he had one of the few 'curable' varieties and it wasn't out of the question that he could be back next year. This is the same thing Mario Lemieux had.

It's surprising to see him back this year, although I guess it remains to be seen if he will be ready to play at some point this year. But the fact that he's a professional athlete and went into this in peak physical condition probably really works in his favor.

Awesome to hear his recovery is right on track.

eDave
I think we're evolving as a species or something.

Even with medical technology the way it is, how many humans 10 years ago could have come back this quickly?

People like Berry are superhumans.

Gordon looks to be the same.

penbrook
Literally nobody can do that.

Maybe his weight loss will help his speed though and encourage the coaches to play him deep instead of in the box.

Idk Travis Kelce said recently Eric Berry is in phenomenal shape. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 09:31 PM
If he's padding up and practicing in training camp his goal is to play this year and start the season opener. He wouldn't practice if he wasn't planning on playing this year

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Wow, this is completely unexpected. The dude is real life super man.

Psyko Tek
so he practices into shape
and plays next year maybe end of this year
I do not want him hurt by coming in to early
he is a special Chief

Deberg_1990
Not expecting much out of him this season. But this is great news!

Buehler445
07-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Whoa - really? I'm still skeptical that he'll be in good enough shape to really be a key player this year, but that's fantastic news.

Pretty much this. The fact that he can even be cleared is mind boggling.

eDave
07-28-2015, 09:34 PM
If he's padding up and practicing in training camp his goal is to play this year and start the season opener. He wouldn't practice if he wasn't planning on playing this year

Not sure about that. Him just being there, working with the team, is a huge motivation for everyone.

Hope he can and does start though.

Eleazar
07-28-2015, 09:34 PM

I think a more realistic goal would be to see how his body responds to practice and non-contact, and see if he could be ready at some point this season.

CoMoChief
07-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Our defense:

http://i.imgur.com/g7IsB.gif

penbrook
07-28-2015, 09:36 PM
If he's padding up during training camp you can bet your ass he's playing this year. Berry will be ready mark my words. I would hate to be whoever has to line up against him

RealSNR
07-28-2015, 09:37 PM
I have been trying to say, he had one of the few 'curable' varieties and it wasn't out of the question that he could be back next year. This is the same thing Mario Lemieux had.

It's surprising to see him back this year, although I guess it remains to be seen if he will be ready to play at some point this year. But the fact that he's a professional athlete and went into this in peak physical condition probably really works in his favor.

Awesome to hear his recovery is right on track.

His recovery isn't on track. He just shot himself out of a cannon towards the end recovery goal and said, "Fuck the track."

Hammock Parties
07-28-2015, 09:38 PM
I think a more realistic goal would be to see how his body responds to practice and non-contact, and see if he could be ready at some point this season.

No. The dude is going to start at FS Week 1 and lead us to the Super Bowl.

Eric Berry, Super Bowl MVP.

You heard it here first.

penbrook
Berry is a superhuman. I wouldn't put it past him to start the season opener

philfree
Great news but he's practicing with the QBs, Rookies and Injured players.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Eric-Berry-Health--Football-Status-Update/cc7493ec-f176-4d69-a94d-6df8a5722ff1

My guess is he'll end up on the PUP list with a chance to play this season but he won't be taking full contact anytime soon. I guess wrong a lot so there is that.

Quesadilla Joe
Wasn't Marcus Cannon diagnosed with the same thing at the combine and came back and played that year?

thabear04
07-28-2015, 09:39 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article29229238.html

Safety Eric Berry, coming back from cancer treatment, cleared to practice with Chiefs

Nearly eight months after he was officially diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, Chiefs safety Eric Berry will return to the practice field on Wednesday.

The team announced in a news release Tuesday night that Berry has been cleared to practice on Wednesday with the quarterbacks, rookies and injured players.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid and head trainer Rick Burkholder will address the media following Wednesday's practice. Berry will address the media at 1 p.m.

Last December, Berry, 26, was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, which accounts for about 10 percent of lymphoma cases and is considered to be highly curable.

Lymphoma is a group of cancers of a part of the immune system called the lymph system. The cancers fall into two main types, Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. According to cancer.org, the five-year survival rate for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma is 90 percent for those in stage one and two, 80 percent for stage three and 65 percent for stage four.

Berry was first suspected of having lymphoma following the Chiefs' game against Oakland last November, when he complained of chest discomfort.

After a weekend of testing, team doctors and those at the University of Kansas Hospital determined Berry has a mass on the right side of his chest, and the leading consideration was that Berry had lymphoma, a cancer of the immune system.

Berry informed his teammates of his condition, and was placed Berry on the non-football illness list, which ended his season. By putting him on the NFI list, the Chiefs were under no obligation to pay him, but they paid anyway over the last six weeks he spent on the list.

Berry, of Fairburn, Ga., went to Atlanta following the tests and was treated at Emory University Hospital. Standard treatment for lymphoma is chemotherapy. Hodgkin disease patients also sometimes receive radiation therapy.

Since then, Berry and those close to him have remained very quiet about his recovery, but over the past eight months, the Chiefs have consistently said Berry has been making positive progress in his recovery.

In January, team chairman Clark Hunt and John Dorsey traveled to Fairburn to visit Berry. Dorsey said that at the time, Berry was “laughing,” “in good spirits” and “looked great.”

In April, Berry's younger brother Evan ― a sophomore defensive back for the Tennessee Volunteers ― told the media in Knoxville that his older brother was doing well as he underwent treatment.

“He’s doing really good,” Evan Berry told reporters at the time. “I think he has three more treatments left. To be honest, I don’t really see it affecting him. He’s a very strong person, and he’s continued to keep strong.”

Evan Berry said he was originally worried about his other brother after he received the diagnosis late last season, but Eric remained confident he would beat it.

“It was scary,” Berry said. “But he wasn’t worried, so I wasn’t worried.”

On Tuesday, the day rookies and quarterbacks reported to training camp in St. Joseph, Reid said some news about Berry would be imminent.

“Eric's going through some tests now,” Reid said. “We should have an answer for you on Eric within a day here. So far everything's positive. But we don't want to give you anything until we have everything.”

Reid said Berry, who was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma late last season, was having tests done in St. Joseph.

“He's going through the physical,” Reid said. “He has had some physical tests that they put him through, just to see where he's at. We haven't finished all that but we'll get that to you. We're not going to hide anything from you on this.”

When asked if Berry has managed to resume some degree of training, Reid said Berry looked good.

“He's kept himself in good shape, believe it or not,” Reid said. “He's really done a good job there. But like I said, he's got to go through all the formalities here.”

Reid was later asked what it would mean to have Berry return to football at some point ― a possibility that is now a reality, thanks to the good news the Chiefs received Tuesday following the results of those tests.

“Obviously that's what we all want to see,” Reid said. “We're all fans of his in this situation.”

eDave

You heard it here first.

Dear Lord. Um, Alex Smith still lives.

penbrook

You heard it here first.

There is so much you can do at safety. You have Abdullah, Parker, Branch, and now Berry. That is the deepest group of safeties in the NFL

Saccopoo
07-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Going to have to dust this off sooner than expected...

Hammock Parties
07-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Dear Lord. Um, Alex Smith still lives.

Berry beat cancer. He can beat any odds.

thabear04
07-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Wasn't Marcus Cannon diagnosed with the same thing at the combine and came back and played that year?

Cannon began the 2011 season on the Non-Football Injury list as he recuperated from his chemotherapy treatment, which took place during the NFL lockout.

Cannon was activated to the 53-man roster after the Patriots' Week 10 game against the New York Jets, and saw his first snaps in the NFL at right tackle on the Patriots' final drive against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 11.

BossChief
07-28-2015, 09:42 PM
CJ Fedorowitz
Owen Daniels
Andrew Quarless
Tyler Eifert

The first 4 starting tight ends we face.

thabear04
07-28-2015, 09:43 PM
There is so much you can do at safety. You have Abdullah, Parker, Branch, and now Berry. That is the deepest group of safeties in the NFL

When was the last time KC had that kinda talent in the backfield.

BossChief
07-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Going to have to dust this off sooner than expected...

They spelt Okung wrong.

The Franchise
07-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Dude is a beast.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Plus you have a Peters, Gaines, and Smith once he gets back than throw in Nelson. Sutton must be having a day right now. Plus you got Poe Houston Hali Johnson in there. The top 3 at their position.

Chiefaholic
07-28-2015, 09:49 PM
My grandson has been cancer free for about a year and a half now. As far as energy goes, he never did really slow down too much and you couldn't spot him out of a crowd without him removing his shirt (port and g-tube scars). The only thing were still fighting is his immune system, and we're starting a third option tomorrow that will be a weekly thing.

Berry is and always be one of my top 5 favorite Chiefs. The man is just a big of a warrior off the field as he is on it.

Brock
07-28-2015, 09:50 PM
My grandson has been cancer free for about a year and a half now. As far as energy goes, he never did really slow down too much and you couldn't spot him out of a crowd without him removing his shirt (port and g-tube scars). The only thing were still fighting is his immune system, and we're starting a third option tomorrow that will be a weekly thing.

Berry is and always be one of my top 5 favorite Chiefs. The man is just a big of a warrior off the field as he is on it.

His immune system probably would be the major worry. I doubt he's going to be doing much at camp.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 09:54 PM
His immune system probably would be the major worry. I doubt he's going to be doing much at camp.

This is ERIC MOTHERFUCKING BERRY!! Nothing slows him down. He will be full go come training camp

RunKC
07-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Reid will slowly ease Berry back like he did with Kelce and DAT last season, assuming Berry is cleared to go.

srvy
07-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Oh lighten up, Francis, it was a joke.

Piss poor one!

Brock
07-28-2015, 09:57 PM
This is ERIC MOTHERFUCKING BERRY!! Nothing slows him down. He will be full go come training camp

I agree with the sentiment. I just think the people minding him will be extremely careful with him, as they should.

royr17
07-28-2015, 09:58 PM
Surely he starts on the PUP list? I've always thought the Branch signing was a placeholder for Berry.. Didn't think Berry would come back at all this year though

I say start Abdullah and Berry and Let Branch and Parker be the backups at FS and SS.

KurtCobain
07-28-2015, 10:02 PM
I'm so freaking excited I can't hide it I can't deny it berry is back son

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2015, 10:03 PM
I say start Abdullah and Berry and Let Branch and Parker be the backups at FS and SS.

Of course you would

ThaVirus

We need to let this play out but Parker and Abdullah should start with Berry and Branch coming off the bench for relief and in nickel situations.

Kiimo
Chiming in super late to say that Eric Berry was my favorite college player and then subsequently my favorite NFL player and I am legitimately emotional right now.

O.city
07-28-2015, 10:04 PM
We should make sure berry is even going to be able to play first. Great story but let's tighten the reins a bit

MMXcalibur
If this doesn't provide extra motivation for our guys, then I don't know what will.
I thought the team might receive a boost last year at home vs Denver, but it was one of the most uninspired efforts of the season.

penbrook

With Suttons defense I wouldn't label anyone a starter because there all gonna be playing about the same on the field. You could easily have 3 back there and you could rotate them in and out. This year is gonna be fun boys

penbrook
07-28-2015, 10:05 PM
We should make sure berry is even going to be able to play first. Great story but let's tighten the reins a bit

He's cleared to play

O.city
07-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Being cleared to practice and actually playing and playing well a 2 different things.

Kiimo
07-28-2015, 10:07 PM
^^^Get out, Debbie.

This is no time for such pragmatism. Go hog wild.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Being cleared to practice and actually playing and playing well a 2 different things.

Berry is a beast. He will play this year. He beat cancer in 233 days. Tell me a ordinary person can do that. Berry is a superhuman.

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Berry is a beast. He will play this year. He beat cancer in 233 days. Tell me a ordinary person can do that. Berry is a superhuman.

Some of you guys are pretty creepy when it comes to player worship.

Hammock Parties
07-28-2015, 10:10 PM
This is honestly the only thing that might get me excited about this team again this year.

This is how great stories begin.

Kiimo
07-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Stop being too cool for fandom Dane, this is huge.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Even Fox News is covering this Eric Berry news

The Franchise
07-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Comeback player of the year?

penbrook
07-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Comeback player of the year?

He has to get the Arsher Ashe next year

Strongside
07-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Incredible. I'm heading to Toronto to see Cueto's first start on Friday, but I'll be in St Joe Saturday to see this guy practice. What an inspiration.

chiefzilla1501
07-28-2015, 10:21 PM
I've been a fan of a lot of Chiefs players. But this just hit me in a soft spot.

I don't care if he plays another down. I'm smiling all over.

Gadzooks
07-28-2015, 10:21 PM
I had no idea he was doing so well. This is great news!

BTW - Fuck cancer.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 10:25 PM
I've been a fan of a lot of Chiefs players. But this just hit me in a soft spot.

I don't care if he plays another down. I'm smiling all over.

Well strap in and fasten your seat belt because Berry is playing this year and it's gonna be a wild ride! Opposing Tight ends will face fear as they look across the line. Berry will fuck them up worse than he fucked Cancer!

Strongside
07-28-2015, 10:28 PM
We really need to arrange for Ed to meet Berry. For real. Can we do that?

chiefzilla1501
07-28-2015, 10:31 PM
Well strap in and fasten your seat belt because Berry is playing this year and it's gonna be a wild ride! Opposing Tight ends will face fear as they look across the line. Berry will **** them up worse than he ****ed Cancer!

I'm going to be realistic and say it's going to take a lot of time. But holy shit, what a victory.

Lonewolf Ed
07-28-2015, 10:31 PM
We really need to arrange for Ed to meet Berry. For real. Can we do that?

I sent him a message on Facebook after he was diagnosed, but it was never read. I imagine his inbox was stuffed cyber-full! I'd love to meet him. Hell, maybe we could even compare scars! :p

Strongside
07-28-2015, 10:33 PM
I sent him a message on Facebook after he was diagnosed, but it was never read. I imagine his inbox was stuffed cyber-full! I'd love to meet him. Hell, maybe we could even compare scars! :p

I have a few friends in PR over there. I'll send a note in the morning.

Ming the Merciless
07-28-2015, 10:36 PM
Holy SHit!!!!

to the SHIPPPP!!!

Lonewolf Ed
07-28-2015, 10:37 PM
I have a few friends in PR over there. I'll send a note in the morning.

No kidding? Wow, that is awesome. Thanks very much, even if I never do end up meeting him.

Strongside
07-28-2015, 10:39 PM
No kidding? Wow, that is awesome. Thanks very much, even if I never do end up meeting him.

Absolutely. I'm not sure at all what the outcome will be but its worth a shot...they're good enough people to at least take it a bit higher than we can go.

eDave
07-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Absolutely. I'm not sure at all what the outcome will be but its worth a shot...they're good enough people to at least take it a bit higher than we can go.

CP Meetup!

chiefzilla1501
07-28-2015, 10:41 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/t3mmmu/picture5239449/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/Chargers+Chiefs+Football.JPG

Lonewolf Ed
07-28-2015, 10:45 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/t3mmmu/picture5239449/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/Chargers+Chiefs+Football.JPG

I must admit, when I first saw that 29 under Houston's jersey, I got a bit choked up. Back then, I wasn't even sure I'd see another Thanksgiving, so my emotions were pretty close to the surface most of the time.

Eleazar
07-28-2015, 10:47 PM
This is honestly the only thing that might get me excited about this team again this year.

You're pathetic.

Strongside
07-28-2015, 10:49 PM
We have one of the most complete, promising rosters in recent memory. There are ample reasons to be excited. Berry being back is incredible news and icing on the cake.

Hammock Parties
07-28-2015, 10:50 PM
You're pathetic.

I guess. I'm not going to fake being excited about something I'm not.

This is exciting. The rest of the shit about this team...meh.

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Seeing Penbrook and Royr17 interact with each other is the exact opposite of seeing Rainman and FAX interact.

C3HIEF3S
07-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Great story. So happy for him and his family, truly an inspiration for anyone fighting/recovering from cancer. I personally never thought he would touch the field again.

penbrook
07-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Great story. So happy for him and his family, truly an inspiration for anyone fighting/recovering from cancer. I personally never thought he would touch the field again.

Someone on here said that he would surprise people and show up at training camp. Idk who it was but they deserve a award

BWillie
07-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Amazing. Did he do radiatiom or chemo?

ThaVirus
07-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Isn't chemo radiation?

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2015, 11:09 PM
Isn't chemo radiation?

Nope.

Chemo is short for Chemotherapy, which is chemical treatment. Chemo can either be in pill format or an IV. Many people need IV infusions weekly for months on end in an attempt to kill the cancer.

Radiation is radiation: Irradiated light. If the patient can still conceive, organs need to be covered in order to protect them. Radiation can also leave skin burns, so it's recommended to ingest Aloe pills and juice, along with generous helpings of aloe gel on the skin due to skin damage.

RunKC
07-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Berry will be introduced (playing or not), Arrowhead will be rocking louder than it ever has, the team will be fired up and energized more than they ever have and we will beat Denver week 2.

Berry was one of the captains of the team and the players obviously have the ultimate respect and look up to him.

I think it's going to be a lot like the New England game last year. Getting this guy back is that big of a deal.

ModSocks
07-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Awesome. My favorite Chief ever. Here's to a good season for Eric Berry.

ThaVirus
07-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Nope.

Chemo is short for Chemotherapy, which is chemical treatment. Chemo can either be in pill format or an IV. Many people need IV infusions weekly for months on end in an attempt to kill the cancer.

Radiation is radiation: Irradiated light. If the patient can still conceive, organs need to be covered in order to protect them. Radiation can also leave skin burns, so it's recommended to ingest Aloe pills and juice, along with generous helpings of aloe gel on the skin due to skin damage.

Ah, thanks.

AustinChief
07-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Someone on here said that he would surprise people and show up at training camp. Idk who it was but they deserve a award

I have been banging that drum from the beginning.

um, or we can not jump the gun and see how his recovery goes. There is a VERY good chance he will play in 2015. Maybe not right away but after week 6.

There have been athletes who have recovered within MONTHS from Hodgkins lymphoma. At this point, I prefer not to count Berry out.

beach tribe
07-28-2015, 11:33 PM
I Knew it. This guy is not human. It will be a big story and he'll have the season of his life. An inspiration. A Fucking Hero.

AustinChief
07-28-2015, 11:34 PM
I Knew it. This guy is not human. It will be a big story and he'll have the season of his life. An inspiration. A Fucking Hero.

I'd love to see it but his body's been through a lot and it's probably gonna take some time to get his stamina back into game shape.

BWillie
07-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Berry will be introduced (playing or not), Arrowhead will be rocking louder than it ever has, the team will be fired up and energized more than they ever have and we will beat Denver week 2.

Berry was one of the captains of the team and the players obviously have the ultimate respect and look up to him.

I think it's going to be a lot like the New England game last year. Getting this guy back is that big of a deal.

I can just imagine how big that moment will be. It will be the loudest that stadium has ever been.

beach tribe
07-28-2015, 11:45 PM
I'd love to see it but his body's been through a lot and it's probably gonna take some time to get his stamina back into game shape.

I have zero doubt he is on the field making a HUGE contribution to our problem stopping the run. His instincts alone down there are unteachable.

TLO
07-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Absolutely amazing. Berry strong!

xztop123
07-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Theres no way he is anything more than an on the field coach at this point. Recovery wise he should be able to play again eventually

Why Not?
07-28-2015, 11:49 PM
How bad ass!!!

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Ah, thanks.

Both are brutal on the body. Chemo and Radiation can weaken bones, cause issues with liver and kidney tissue and drain the body of strength, not to mention that the cancer can return at any time.

Berry's case is very inspirational and as a team leader, his presence will be unprecedented. And while I think it's amazing that Berry has been cleared to participate, I'd temper any enthusiasm until he's actually on the field and contributing.

The fact he's gotten this far so quickly is a greatly encouraging for his long term health. :)

jspchief
07-29-2015, 12:29 AM
Cassel deserves cancer?
About as much as he deserves a $50m nfl contract.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-29-2015, 01:56 AM
That's....amazing.

mdchiefsfan
07-29-2015, 03:07 AM
Eric Berry is my favorite Chief all time. I don't think my feeble mind can grasp the echelon he'll achieve, in my book, if he comes back and starts.

aturnis
07-29-2015, 03:22 AM
But he brings so much to the board!!!,!,
Maybe you've never ventured into DC... He's far from ville in comparison.

aturnis
07-29-2015, 03:39 AM
Parker on the bench? You're insane.

EPodolak
07-29-2015, 05:22 AM
If he does play right away, it would amount to missing five games due to...cancer. Incredible story.

FlaChief58
07-29-2015, 05:32 AM
And yet Cassel lives...

You really are a miserable little fuck. Your shtick is really getting annoying

Rausch
07-29-2015, 05:34 AM
Parker on the bench? You're insane.

In a perfect world he would be.

In reality he's much better in the short term at SS...

Unsmooth-Moment
07-29-2015, 06:16 AM
This is great news! Good time to be a fan of KC sports.

BigRock
07-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Woke up and heard this on Sportscenter right when I turned on the TV. About did a spit take.

the Talking Can
07-29-2015, 06:46 AM
amazed, thrilled for him

still hope he takes a couple months just to train/recover, but i'm sure they know what they're doing at this level

Rausch
07-29-2015, 06:49 AM
amazed, thrilled for him

still hope he takes a couple months just to train/recover, but i'm sure they know what they're doing at this level

If he even takes one snap this year it will be epic.

EPIC WIN...

Donger
07-29-2015, 06:49 AM
This is fantastic news. Good for him.

the Talking Can
07-29-2015, 06:57 AM
If he even takes one snap this year it will be epic.

EPIC WIN...

for sure

scho63
07-29-2015, 07:00 AM
It shows you how today's athletes and their tremendous physical shape helps overcome illness and disease at a much higher rate than a normal citizen. They also receive superior care. Think of Lance Armstrong and all the cancer he had.

Kudos to Eric Berry! Welcome back!

tooge
07-29-2015, 07:42 AM
Holy shit.

you sure he had radiation and not Chemotherapy? Very different effects.

Red Dawg
07-29-2015, 07:44 AM
Berry is tough as nails. Great inspiration the team to believe anything is possible.

KICK ASS!

Gravedigger
07-29-2015, 07:57 AM
Let's do this shit!

MahiMike
07-29-2015, 07:58 AM
Awesome. Now how long before he can get in game shape?

mikeyis4dcats.
07-29-2015, 07:59 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11709664_10206165343686967_496163172443287453_n.jpg?oh=a5b1f254a5a8d1ae25e9bec4d20a200a&oe=5649990Ehttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206165343686967&set=a.1473738337838.59360.1665081919&type=1&theater

penbrook
07-29-2015, 08:02 AM
Awesome. Now how long before he can get in game shape?

Travis Kelce said he's in phenomenal shape

RealSNR
07-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Matt Cassel deserves AIDS

penbrook
07-29-2015, 08:24 AM
Per Nick Jacobs

Eric Berry's mom and dad here in attendance today. I can only imagine what this moment means for them. #ChiefsCamp

Bob Dole
07-29-2015, 08:36 AM
amazed, thrilled for him

Yeah. He has probably been sitting on the couch eating Cheetosall this time and not working out at all.

Halfcan
07-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Awesome day for Berry and the Chiefs!

Amazing!

Kiimo
07-29-2015, 08:50 AM
you sure he had radiation and not Chemotherapy? Very different effects.

"Berry subsequently underwent treatment that included chemotherapy and radiation near his offseason home in Atlanta."

the Talking Can
07-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Yeah. He has probably been sitting on the couch eating Cheetosall this time and not working out at all.

someone's a cranky grandpa

The Franchise
07-29-2015, 09:24 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry is back on the field. <a href="http://t.co/4vPIGCXS9r">pic.twitter.com/4vPIGCXS9r</a></p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/626388726139064320">July 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
07-29-2015, 09:24 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> safety Eric Berry practiced for the 1st time Wednesday after his treatment for Hodgkin&#39;s lymphoma. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kcstar?src=hash">#kcstar</a> <a href="http://t.co/Dc7VAhNwSM">pic.twitter.com/Dc7VAhNwSM</a></p>&mdash; David Eulitt (@davidphotokc) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidphotokc/status/626406331386343424">July 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

Titty Meat
07-29-2015, 09:26 AM
Is today just conditioning? I thought camp started August 1st?

BossChief
07-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Is today just conditioning? I thought camp started August 1st?

QBs, WRs and injured players only

Evenrude
07-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Great news! Hope he stays cancer free.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Per Jim Trotter

I'm told Eric Berry looked great during his training the last month-plus and was extremely motivated to return to the field.

Urc Burry
07-29-2015, 09:45 AM
@TerezPaylor: Berry somehow came out a pound HEAVIER after chemotherapy.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 09:47 AM
@TerezPaylor: Berry somehow came out a pound HEAVIER after chemotherapy.

:clap:

penbrook
07-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Andy Reid on Eric Berry: "He looked pretty good out here today. We'll keep an eye on him."

penbrook
07-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Per Pete Sweeney

Berry trained with TE Travis Kelce in Florida during the offseason.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 09:50 AM
"He sailed through every test we gave him," #Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder. He did bench, squats & other tests over last week. Looks good.

RunKC
@TerezPaylor: Burkholder says Berry went through a battery of tests to make sure his body could handle physical activity.

@TerezPaylor: Berry benched 275 pounds on the bench press five times and squatted 300-plus five times during testing.

JFC this guy is a fucking beast. He won't take no for a answer.

penbrook
Per Terez Paylor

Reid confirms that Cyrus Gray has been released.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Per Terez Paylor

Berry will work tomorrow but will be off on Friday.

Gotta get ready for Saturday I expect

The Franchise
07-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Per Terez Paylor

Berry will work tomorrow but will be off on Friday.

Gotta get ready for Saturday I expect

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169559

penbrook
07-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Remember Berry has a press conference at 1

Bambi
07-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Cleared entirely from Hodgkin's after just 9 months?

Has to be more to this story...

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Per Pete Sweeney

Feeling here is that Andy Reid will take things "gradually" and said "we'll see." Berry's attitude is he'll start the 1st game, per Reid.

Dude is a freak of nature

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:02 AM

Mario Lemioux was cleared after 11 months. These aren't ordinary people. Their professional athletes

Urc Burry
07-29-2015, 10:04 AM
I do remember Berry asked Reid if he could still play the broncos game even after he found out about the lymphoma

stevieray
07-29-2015, 10:06 AM
hmm..just might head up to camp now...

Bambi
07-29-2015, 10:06 AM
Mario Lemioux was cleared after 11 months. These aren't ordinary people. Their professional athletes

Mario Lemioux didn't play for three years. I don't know the details about his recovery but the idea that Berry was "working out" with Kelce in the offseason definitely raises a few eyebrows.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Mario Lemioux didn't play for three years. I don't know the details about his recovery but the idea that Berry was "working out" with Kelce in the offseason definitely raises a few eyebrows.

These two guys are just straight beasts. A few eyebrows about what? He beat cancer and is now ready to play.

Kiimo
07-29-2015, 10:08 AM
If you are saying HGH well then good, let's give HGH to every cancer patient please.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:09 AM
If you are saying HGH well then good, let's give HGH to every cancer patient please.

This. If this means saving lives than take whatever you need.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:10 AM

Per Pete Sweeney

Berry opted to have IVs during each chemotherapy in order for him to work out during the process. He came out of chemo a pound heavier.

xztop123
07-29-2015, 10:11 AM
His legs still look thick.

i think he can play

Bambi
07-29-2015, 10:11 AM
These two guys are just straight beasts. A few eyebrows about what? He beat cancer and is now ready to play.

Did you not read my post?

Three years is a HUGE difference compared to "working out" a couple months after just being diagnosed. When did the chemo take place?

Have you ever know someone with Hodgkin's? I can't imagine a recovery this fast.

Bambi
07-29-2015, 10:13 AM

Not sure about HGH but you can be assured that right now Eric Berry most likely has some steroids in his body that would be considered PED's by the NFL.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:13 AM

Three years is a HUGE difference compared to "working out" a couple months after just being diagnosed. When did the chemo take place?

Have you ever know someone with Hodgkin's? I can't imagine a recovery this fast.

Per Pete Sweeney

Eric Berry started chemotherapy on December 10, and continued to May 13.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2015, 10:14 AM

Yes, he received an unusual high dose of gamma radiation...

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/335270/slide_335270_3371327_free.jpg

xztop123
07-29-2015, 10:15 AM
@TerezPaylor: Burkholder says Berry went through a battery of tests to make sure his body could handle physical activity.

@TerezPaylor: Berry benched 275 pounds on the bench press five times and squatted 300-plus five times during testing.

JFC this guy is a ****ing beast. He won't take no for a answer.

weird

ModSocks
07-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Because every Eric Berry thread needs its song

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hr2MOiEnnF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm surprised Berry didn't get charged with assault or something because he just destroyed Cancers ass

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm thinking HGH would make cancer grow/spread more rapidly.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Berry worked out TWICE a day in Florida with Travis Kelce

penbrook
07-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Very interesting

"One of the interesting things is, between Eric and his physician, they decided not to do a traditional route of chemotherapy administration which is used through what we refer to as a pick line or a port or a central line so that the IV would be in his arm and then into a major vein in his heart," Burkholder said. "He opted to have IVs every time that he got the chemotherapy. That was so that he could work out, which is an interesting concept that most patients don't have."

The Franchise
07-29-2015, 10:25 AM
He has lost some muscle but who would of thought Berry would of been back ever let alone this year. Dude deserves some type of award. This stuff is unheard of. Beating cancer less than a year and getting back on the field.

If he's padding up during training camp you can bet your ass he's playing this year. Berry will be ready mark my words. I would hate to be whoever has to line up against him

Berry is a superhuman. I wouldn't put it past him to start the season opener

Well strap in and fasten your seat belt because Berry is playing this year and it's gonna be a wild ride! Opposing Tight ends will face fear as they look across the line. Berry will fuck them up worse than he fucked Cancer!

Per Pete Sweeney

Feeling here is that Andy Reid will take things "gradually" and said "we'll see." Berry's attitude is he'll start the 1st game, per Reid.

Dude is a freak of nature

I'm surprised Berry didn't get charged with assault or something because he just destroyed Cancers ass

Calm the fuck down.

beach tribe
07-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Very interesting

"One of the interesting things is, between Eric and his physician, they decided not to do a traditional route of chemotherapy administration which is used through what we refer to as a pick line or a port or a central line so that the IV would be in his arm and then into a major vein in his heart," Burkholder said. "He opted to have IVs every time that he got the chemotherapy. That was so that he could work out, which is an interesting concept that most patients don't have."

A pick line is not exactly traditional for all types of Cancer.

InChiefsHeaven
07-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Per Pete Sweeney

Berry opted to have IVs during each chemotherapy in order for him to work out during the process. He came out of chemo a pound heavier.

Fuuuuuu...

This guy's mind is a steel trap of determination...That's my next jersey. Period.

beach tribe
07-29-2015, 10:31 AM

My GF is an oncology nurse, and she said some people can do it.

Depends on the person, and their age, health, and determination.

Eric Berry is the new Chuck Norris.

Halfcan
07-29-2015, 11:26 AM

:doh!:

Berry is an Alien!

Halfcan
07-29-2015, 11:33 AM
Not sure about HGH but you can be assured that right now Eric Berry most likely has some steroids in his body that would be considered PED's by the NFL.

STFU

A great day for Berry and the Chiefs, but there is always that one guy...

:doh!:

Hammock Parties
07-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Dude this is fucking nuts.

Berry is going to inspire the whole team.

I don't even give a shit about anything else now. This could be a special season just because of this.

Halfcan
07-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Dude this is ****ing nuts.

I don't even give a shit about anything else now. This could be a special season just because of this.

:thumb:

I have lost a lot of friends and family to cancer-it is the worst to watch them fade away slowly like that. When I read that Berry had it, I only hoped he would pull through. Now he is back-100% and going to play! Unbelievable!

This D will be nasty! Berry, DJ and Devito all overcoming long odds!! Wow!!

BossChief
07-29-2015, 11:43 AM

We signed an UDFA (Kenny Cook) that beat the disease in HS and played the next year.

Discuss Thrower
07-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Dude this is fucking nuts.

:rolleyes:

BossChief
07-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Dude this is ****ing nuts.

Denver has no idea that they're gonna run into a straight up buzz saw on Thursday night...and that win is gonna give the team the confidence it needs to kick some major ass.

Remember the boost the Colts got when their coach had cancer?

MMXcalibur
07-29-2015, 11:53 AM
Denver has no idea that they're gonna run into a straight up buzz saw on Thursday night...and that win is gonna give the team the confidence it needs to kick some major ass.

Remember the boost the Chiefs got when their safety had cancer? Two game losing streak.
Remember the boost the Chiefs got when their owner died? No first downs in an entire half against.....the fucking Colts.

Discuss Thrower
07-29-2015, 11:54 AM

http://www.usasports360.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Andrew-Luck-Bruce-Arians-e1358530159200.jpg

staylor26
07-29-2015, 11:54 AM

If this news didn't accompany the bad news on Poe I'd be thinking Super Bowl right now.

staylor26
07-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Remember the boost the Chiefs got when their safety had cancer? Two game losing streak.
Remember the boost the Chiefs got when their owner died? No first downs in an entire half against.....the ****ing Colts.

If you don't understand the difference between bad news and good news and the effects they can have on the team as a whole I don't know what to tell you.

Urc Burry
07-29-2015, 11:57 AM

How sure are you about that? I am seeing he missed one season. And this was also 20 years ago

I don't expect Berry to start the season, but adding Berry, Branch, Peters, and Nelson to a team that gave up the second least passing yards? This is going to be fun to watch

mdchiefsfan

Remember the boost the Chiefs were supposed to get against Denver, when they found out Berry had cancer?

I hope it does happen, but that hope left last year.

Commence the parade; the rain has stopped

Tombstone RJ
If you don't understand the difference between bad news and good news and the effects they can have on the team as a whole I don't know what to tell you.

I think his point is that this news absolutely has zero effect on how the players play these games...

mdchiefsfan
07-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Remember the boost the Chiefs were supposed to get against Denver, when they found out Berry had cancer?

I hope it does happen, but that hope left last year.

Commence the parade; the rain has stopped

Q :(

Chromatic
07-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Hey Clay/Go Chiefs/Stop, Chiefs you're making a return video for Eric Berry right?

Has the potential to be some of your best work, dude.

staylor26
07-29-2015, 12:02 PM
I think his point is that this news absolutely has zero effect on how the players play these games...

Yea having their leader/teammate/brother back on the field after kicking cancers ass in Arrowhead on Thursday night against this teams biggest rival isn't going to have any effect on the energy level of this team. None at all.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Yea having their leader/teammate/brother back on the field after kicking cancers ass in Arrowhead on Thursday night against this teams biggest rival isn't going to have any effect on the energy level of this team. None at all.

:facepalm:

Chiefnj2
07-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Does this mean he has been cleared for full contact practice?

BossChief
07-29-2015, 12:08 PM

You don't think the players will have a boost by having Eric Berry lead them out of the tunnel?

Or am I misreading your response?

Hammock Parties
07-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Hey Clay/Go Chiefs/Stop, Chiefs you're making a return video for Eric Berry right?

Has the potential to be some of your best work, dude.

If he plays this year I kinda have to. This is special.

staylor26
07-29-2015, 12:10 PM

You honestly disagree?

BossChief
07-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Remember the boost the Chiefs got when their owner died? No first downs in an entire half against.....the ****ing Colts.

This team is very emotionally invested in itself and it showed when we had injuries.

We lost DJ and Devito...the team folded.

The team lost Berry to Cancer, it folded.

The emotional swings will subside as the team continues to mature, but there is NO DOUBT they will have an emotional boost getting Berry back.

That's gonna be one hell of a game.

stevieray

And the return of TG from head injury, while Huard had the hot hand.

LJ running into the line....ugh.

BryanBusby

Tell us more about your armchair medical knowledge, Dr. Dumbfuck.

Strongside
07-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Looks pretty good to me...

[IMG] http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-photos-videos/ihc7p8/picture29305975/ALTERNATES/FREE_480/eric%20berry%204 [IMG]

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2015, 12:31 PM
You don't think the players will have a boost by having Eric Berry lead them out of the tunnel?

Or am I misreading your response?

I think that it's way too premature to expect Berry to be active, let alone give the players an extra "boost".

It's a great story so far and completely unprecedented that he's been able to recover from chemotherapy so quickly. But my enthusiasm will remain tempered until he's on the field Week One.

Strongside
07-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Anyone saying that having a vocal leader and inspiration like Eric Berry back on the field, even in practice, doesn't give the team a boost is either a complete fool or has never played organized team sports beyond tee ball.

Strongside
07-29-2015, 12:45 PM
Anyone saying that having a vocal leader and inspiration like Eric Berry back on the field, even in practice, doesn't give the team a boost is either a complete fool or has never played organized team sports beyond tee ball.

BossChief
07-29-2015, 12:48 PM
I think that it's way too premature to expect Berry to be active, let alone give the players an extra "boost".

It's a great story so far and completely unprecedented that he's been able to recover from chemotherapy so quickly. But my enthusiasm will remain tempered until he's on the field Week One.

Andy Reid said that Berry is determined to start the opener.

staylor26
07-29-2015, 12:49 PM

Why would Reid even mention Berry preparing to start week 1 if it isn't a legitimate possibility?

BossChief
07-29-2015, 12:50 PM

I agree.

NJChiefsFan
07-29-2015, 12:51 PM
I don't think it would even be debatable that the team would be fired up to level 10 if Berrry lead them out before a game this year. That doesn't mean it will translate into anything. I think it would be an emotional first quarter. As mentioned, the first game playing in honor of Berry didn't go so hot.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2015, 12:57 PM

Shut the fuck up, Hero

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2015, 12:58 PM

It's fucking dumb the second time as well

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't think it would even be debatable that the team would be fired up to level 10 if Berrry lead them out before a game this year. That doesn't mean it will translate into anything. I think it would be an emotional first quarter. As mentioned, the first game playing in honor of Berry didn't go so hot.

Exactly.

These guys are seasoned professionals. While I'm sure it would be inspiring to some of his veteran teammates, expecting their play to suddenly be exceptional or over the top is a silly notion.

BossChief
07-29-2015, 01:10 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/9mmeg8/picture5093301/ALTERNATES/FREE_960/CHIEFSCHARGERS1%20SP%20122814%20DRE%201103f.jpg

Brock
07-29-2015, 01:15 PM

According to nobody but you

Strongside
07-29-2015, 01:15 PM
It's fucking dumb the second time as well

Jesus Christ dude. Fuck you.

It is an emotional lift. Period.

Not being a hero, just stating the obvious.

You're a dipshit for thinking otherwise.

penbrook
07-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Berry said Justin Houston and Sean Smith would come down to Georgia to see him

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Jesus Christ dude. Fuck you.

It is an emotional lift. Period.

Not being a hero, just stating the obvious.

You're a dipshit for thinking otherwise.

And you're a dipshit for thinking that 45 men and a coaching staff will somehow deliver a better performance because one of their teammates, who's been practicing with them for 8 weeks, leads them out of a tunnel.

LMAO

The fans? Sure. Absolutely. But the coaching staff and 45 man roster? Very doubtful.

And once again, fuck you in the ass with stainless steel pile driver for your stupid and inane comment earlier. Moron.