PDA

View Full Version : Football Seattle signed Bobby Wagner

Chief Roundup
08-01-2015, 10:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000505826/article/seahawks-wagner-agree-to-4year-extension?campaign=facebook_atn_writers

Linebacker Bobby Wagner has agreed to terms on a four-year extension with the Seahawks, per a source familiar with the deal, according to NFL Media's Rand Getlin.

Wagner was a first-team All-Pro selection in 2014 despite missing five games due to injury. The former second-round pick out of Utah State was slated to collect $977,427 in the final year of his rookie deal.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

The Bad Guy
08-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Salary cap is a myth.

ThaVirus
08-01-2015, 10:53 PM
It's not a myth but it can be finessed to the maximum

DaneMcCloud
08-01-2015, 11:26 PM
It's not a myth but it can be finessed to the maximum

It's a myth.

Can't wait for Hooite and "Saul Good" to explain the terms.

Dante84
08-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Damn.

RobBlake
08-02-2015, 01:55 AM
kam chancellor set to leave?

Mav
08-02-2015, 02:20 AM
kam chancellor set to leave?

No. But he won't get paid till the offseason.

Chiefnj2
08-02-2015, 05:16 AM
I love it. The salary cap chicken littles were talking about how Russel's new contract would cripple the team and instead the Hawks keep on rolling.

-King-
08-02-2015, 05:29 AM
I love it. The salary cap chicken littles were talking about how Russel's new contract would cripple the team and instead the Hawks keep on rolling.
It's not like Wilson signed a ground breaking deal of anything. The deal he signed is much more team friendly than people expected given how Wilson and his agents were talking.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
08-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Seattle is pretty much signing all their top level guys, letting the 2nd level guys go and going with rookies etc as replacements

Chief Roundup
08-02-2015, 07:12 AM
$93 million over four years making Wagner the highest paid LB in football.

RealSNR
08-02-2015, 07:18 AM

Seems like Wagner is always hurt, too.

If that's what Wagner was demanding, they should have kept their other guys and let Wagner's ass walk.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-02-2015, 07:24 AM

Uhh. No. More like $43 million. Making him the highest paid MLB in football.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-02-2015, 07:26 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13363697/seahawks-bobby-wagner-agree-four-year-contract-extension

Chief Roundup

ESPN is saying 93 mill on Facebook.

Mr. Flopnuts

They're lying. I linked it.

milkman
Seems like Wagner is always hurt, too.

If that's what Wagner was demanding, they should have kept their other guys and let Wagner's ass walk.

Wagner is the best ILB in the league right now, and he and Chancelor are the straws that stir that defense.

You don't let that guy walk.

Chief Roundup
08-02-2015, 07:27 AM
Yeah in the article it says 43 million. I would say their editor is not up to the task.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-02-2015, 07:27 AM

If they paid him more than Wilson, that town would burn. It's honestly funny watching their fans complain that both of these players were overpaid.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Yeah in the article it says 43 million. I would say their editor is not up to the task.

Yeah, the Facebook staff are asleep at the wheel this morning.

ThaVirus
08-02-2015, 09:00 AM
It's a myth.

Can't wait for Hooite and "Saul Good" to explain the terms.

You only have so much cap to work with. You can structure contracts accordingly but ultimately everyone has to pay the piper.

Saccopoo
08-02-2015, 09:14 AM
If they paid him more than Wilson, that town would burn. It's honestly funny watching their fans complain that both of these players were overpaid.

Wagner wasn't overpaid.

You watch the Seattle team when he was or wasn't on the field last season. They are a completely different animal with Wagner than without. He is a difference maker to that team. In that scheme, as Milkman stated, he is the best ILB in the NFL.

Looking at the contract, I don't think Wilson was overpaid either.

ThaVirus
08-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Sacc is right for once. Wags is a fucking beast and arguably the most important piece of that defense.

We're lucky as shit to have drawn them when he was out last season.

RealSNR
08-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Wagner is the best ILB in the league right now, and he and Chancelor are the straws that stir that defense.

You don't let that guy walk.

Nevermind. It's 43 million, not 93.

Absolutely. That extension is worth it.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Wagner wasn't overpaid.

You watch the Seattle team when he was or wasn't on the field last season. They are a completely different animal with Wagner than without. He is a difference maker to that team. In that scheme, as Milkman stated, he is the best ILB in the NFL.

Looking at the contract, I don't think Wilson was overpaid either.

No dude. You missed what I said. Someone said Wagner got 92 million for 4 years. THAT would be overpaid. Schneider did a great job on these 2 contracts.

BossChief
08-02-2015, 10:00 AM
I wonder what Mychal Kendrick's wants, in terms of an extension.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Sacc is right for once. Wags is a fucking beast and arguably the most important piece of that defense.

The zebras tried to even the score a bit

RealSNR
08-02-2015, 10:03 AM

It makes me wonder if the Eagles aren't anticipating his contract demands after this season.

If he signs for Wagner money, their comp pick would be better than what teams would be offering them in trade. The only disadvantage is they have to wait a season for the pick instead of collecting on it immediately. But then they would also get to use Kendricks for one more season.

Either way, it doesn't make sense why Chip is so sour on this guy.

Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him hire his horse as an assistant coach. He's that insane.

tk13
08-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Seattle is pretty much signing all their top level guys, letting the 2nd level guys go and going with rookies etc as replacements

That was pretty much the Colts strategy all through the Manning years. Keep Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Freeney/Mathis, etc... let everyone else walk, draft their replacements.

Saccopoo
08-02-2015, 11:37 AM
No dude. You missed what I said. Someone said Wagner got 92 million for 4 years. THAT would be overpaid. Schneider did a great job on these 2 contracts.

Agreed.

RunKC
08-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Sacc is right for once. Wags is a ****ing beast and arguably the most important piece of that defense.

Yeah and they had Mebane out too. Huge hole right up the gut and we took advantage.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2015, 03:06 PM

With the acquisition of Kiko Alonso, Kendricks is expendable.

It wouldn't shock me to see him moved before the trading deadline, or even preseason, to an ILB needy team.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2015, 03:31 PM
It makes me wonder if the Eagles aren't anticipating his contract demands after this season.

If he signs for Wagner money, their comp pick would be better than what teams would be offering them in trade. The only disadvantage is they have to wait a season for the pick instead of collecting on it immediately. But then they would also get to use Kendricks for one more season.

Either way, it doesn't make sense why Chip is so sour on this guy.

Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him hire his horse as an assistant coach. He's that insane.

Kendricks isn't Wagner.

He can ask for Wagner money all he wants but nobody's going to give it to him. If anything, Wagner should set a cap for Kendricks.

The cap is not a myth, but it damn sure seems like nobody seems inclined to learn much about it before shooting their mouth off. Even after the Wilson contract, getting Wagner signed was not going to be cost prohibitive. They already have Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor signed. Okung is probably gone but even that's not a foregone conclusion.

The cap exists and it's a hindrance, the Seahawks are just incredibly smart in how they manage theirs. It's really not that complicated.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2015, 03:32 PM

So then the Hunt family is cheap!

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Kendricks isn't Wagner.

He can ask for Wagner money all he wants but nobody's going to give it to him. If anything, Wagner should set a cap for Kendricks.

The cap is not a myth, but it damn sure seems like nobody seems inclined to learn much about it before shooting their mouth off. Even after the Wilson contract, getting Wagner signed was not going to be cost prohibitive. They already have Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor signed. Okung is probably gone but even that's not a foregone conclusion.

The cap exists and it's a hindrance, the Seahawks are just incredibly smart in how they manage theirs. It's really not that complicated.

It's a "myth" in repsect to the fact that teams won't lose important pieces they want to sign.

We've seen teams like Denver, who sign Manning to a huge deal while signing guys like DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and now Demaryous Thomas while keeping their core intact.

The Dolphins have signed their QB long term as well as giving Suh a huge deal.

RunKC
08-02-2015, 03:59 PM
It's a "myth" in repsect to the fact that teams won't lose important pieces they want to sign.

We've seen teams like Denver, who sign Manning to a huge deal while signing guys like DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and now Demaryous Thomas while keeping their core intact.

The Dolphins have signed their QB long term as well as giving Suh a huge deal.

We've also seen teams try and fit the cap like New Orleans and then have a fire sale because they got burned badly.

They replaced Jimmy Graham and Ben Grubbs with Benjamin Watson and Mike McGlynn.

Seattle is "rolling" right now because they still have their core talent that they drafted from the beginning.

What happens when key pieces such as Brandon Mebane, Bruce Irvin, Russell Okung and JR Sweezy leave in free agency next season?

They need to draft to replace all of those players and their last 2 drafts (2013/2014) have been completely underwhelming, and they had 20 picks.
Their OL could legitimately be as bad as the 2014 Chiefs with 4 starters most likely leaving.

Schneider is facing his toughest task as GM: proving he wasn't lucky on a lot of draft picks and building a 2nd wave.

I think that that's why Ozzie Newsome is the best GM in the league. He lost a ton of starters after the SB and built them back into a playoff team in a tough division after one reloading season.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2015, 04:25 PM
We've also seen teams try and fit the cap like New Orleans and then have a fire sale because they got burned badly.

They replaced Jimmy Graham and Ben Grubbs with Benjamin Watson and Mike McGlynn.

I don't consider dumping Graham and Grubbs as a "fire sale". Graham is often injured and the Saints got a nice haul in return.

McGlynn is nothing more than possible depth. The Saints have young guys in place to replace Grubbs, Who had a poor salary/performance ratio last year.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Salary cap is a myth.

Good thing we got rid of Bowe!

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2015, 04:36 PM

It was time for a fresh start for both parties.

Chiefs get Maclin, Bowe goes to the finest franchise in the league.

eDave
08-02-2015, 04:38 PM

Yes.

RINGLEADER
08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Just saw that they jettisoned DT Tony McDaniel as a cap casualty.

BryanBusby
08-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Teams like the Dolphins can go out and sign players every year because they constantly fuck up their drafts and picks.

When you don't have to allocate a lot of money to keep your players because you can't fucking draft and you like to cycle through FA's, you can make some splashes.

The Seahawks are backloading all of their deals and will really start to feel the pinch when the cap hits for the recent deals start to incline.

The Chiefs had a mixture of dudes into the bulk of their deals and bad contracts all at once.

The young successful teams will be fine vs the cap and the older successful teams will always struggle with it.

RINGLEADER
08-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Teams like the Dolphins can go out and sign players every year because they constantly fuck up their drafts and picks.

When you don't have to allocate a lot of money to keep your players because you can't fucking draft and you like to cycle through FA's, you can make some splashes.

The Seahawks are backloading all of their deals and will really start to feel the pinch when the cap hits for the recent deals start to incline.

The Chiefs had a mixture of dudes into the bulk of their deals and bad contracts all at once.

The young successful teams will be fine vs the cap and the older successful teams will always struggle with it.

Well said.

In58men
03-08-2022, 08:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220309/9eed8212a8b0e2aed142dc9c4ca8d7f6.png

Coochie liquor
03-08-2022, 08:18 PM
Seattle just released Wagner per Schefty

You should have started a thread abouuuuuuummmmm my bad.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-08-2022, 08:19 PM
Seattle just released Wagner per Schefty

Wow…. Fuck you Ben Niemann! Veach grab Wagner now!!

In58men
03-08-2022, 08:20 PM

Actually Clay should start one with his whack ass sources. He’s still allowed ROFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coochie liquor
03-08-2022, 08:20 PM
Wow…. Fuck you Ben Niemann! Veach grab Wagner now!!

Hammock Parties
03-08-2022, 08:21 PM
we have our LBs

Coochie liquor
03-08-2022, 08:21 PM
Actually Clay should start one with his whack ass sources. He’s still allowed ROFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I told the Gods mods to give your privileges back in his other thread. Seems my pull with them isn’t as good as I thought.

Coochie liquor
03-08-2022, 08:22 PM
we have our LBs

Jerm
03-08-2022, 08:22 PM
Yup it’s gonna be a firesale…they’re blowing it up….

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-08-2022, 08:24 PM
I’d call for Metcalf now! Offer pick #30

In58men
03-08-2022, 08:35 PM
I told the Gods mods to give your privileges back in his other thread. Seems my pull with them isn’t as good as I thought.

Well, I appreciate you my man.

Fight the good fight brotha!

RealSNR
03-08-2022, 09:20 PM
Why the fuck didn’t Pete just retire? This is going to be a shitty fucking team

Red Dawg
03-08-2022, 09:26 PM
Won't happen. We need pass rush most of all and wrs.

smithandrew051
03-08-2022, 09:26 PM
Why the fuck didn’t Pete just retire? This is going to be a shitty fucking team

Because he’s going to be stealing money this year. One of the highest paid coaches in the league and zero pressure to perform this year.

If he’s going to retire in a couple years anyway, might as well just coast for a year or two. No one expects them to contend for shit for the next few years.

Red Dawg
03-08-2022, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=MAHOMO 4 LIFE!;16181122]I’d call for Metcalf now! Offer pick 30.

That I can do.

BossChief
03-08-2022, 09:43 PM
I wonder what his market will be.

He’s going to be 32 shortly, so he’s not getting big money.

I’d definitely bring a guy like him in for a ring chaser deal at like 5m. That would be a reasonable way to fill tons of snaps with quality.

DJ's left nut
03-08-2022, 10:06 PM
I friggen love Bobby Wagner.

One of the most overlooked truly great players in NFL history. Arguably a top 5 MLB all time and nobody ever thinks of him in that light.

BossChief
03-08-2022, 10:22 PM

One of the most overlooked truly great players in NFL history. Arguably a top 5 MLB all time and nobody ever thinks of him in that light.

He’s one of the very few that was dominant in every facet. Run defense, coverage and pass rush. He’s a sound tackler while being a hard hitter, too. Deceptive speed. Invaluable.

Bump
03-08-2022, 10:36 PM
I wonder what his market will be.

He’s going to be 32 shortly, so he’s not getting big money.

I’d definitely bring a guy like him in for a ring chaser deal at like 5m. That would be a reasonable way to fill tons of snaps with quality.

if he goes for that price **** ya

smithandrew051
03-08-2022, 10:43 PM

He’s like the Derrick Brooks of MLBs.

Brooks was great at practically anything, but was constantly overshadowed by bigger names.

The Franchise
03-11-2022, 01:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Crazy part about all this. I played there for 10 years &amp; I didn’t even hear it from them that I wasn’t coming back.</p>&mdash; Bobby Wagner (@Bwagz) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bwagz/status/1502353080033034243?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch
03-11-2022, 01:22 PM
Yikes. Seattle's owner better wake up and get rid of both Schneider and Carroll. I'd be fucking furious if I was a Seahawks fan and they were overseeing the rebuild.

Iconic
03-11-2022, 01:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Crazy part about all this. I played there for 10 years &amp; I didn’t even hear it from them that I wasn’t coming back.</p>&mdash; Bobby Wagner (@Bwagz) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bwagz/status/1502353080033034243?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's actually pretty fucked up lol

Dunerdr
03-11-2022, 01:31 PM
Do we want this piece of shit?

ModSocks
03-11-2022, 01:42 PM
He'd be an excellent "leadership" replacement for Tyrann, as well as bolstering a young, promising LB duo. 120% on board with a Wagner signing. He immediately goes towards the top of my F/A wish list.

KChiefs1
03-11-2022, 01:44 PM
He’s going to the Donkos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balto
03-11-2022, 01:45 PM
Could see him signing with Cards, 49ers or Rams just so he can play Seattle twice a year.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2022, 01:56 PM
I know he's not coming here for a variety of reasons.

But I'd be hard pressed to think of a player that I would rather have just out of sheer respect for what he's accomplished in this league and what he still has to offer as he's gotten older.

He's top 3 on my 'guys I've admired from afar' list among NFL players. He's always done his job at a HoF level, he's gone about it the right way and been a hell of a Seahawk.

Then to see them do him dirty like this is pretty awful.

Screw it - there's no reason he can't be a killer for us at Sam. Put Gay at the Will, Bolton at the Mike and let me go buy his goddamn jersey.

HWSTPOSY?!?!

The Franchise
03-11-2022, 02:16 PM
I know he's not coming here for a variety of reasons.

But I'd be hard pressed to think of a player that I would rather have just out of sheer respect for what he's accomplished in this league and what he still has to offer as he's gotten older.

He's top 3 on my 'guys I've admired from afar' list among NFL players. He's always done his job at a HoF level, he's gone about it the right way and been a hell of a Seahawk.

Then to see them do him dirty like this is pretty awful.

Screw it - there's no reason he can't be a killer for us at Sam. Put Gay at the Will, Bolton at the Mike and let me go buy his goddamn jersey.

HWSTPOSY?!?!

Don’t have to replace Sorenson as much when you can add a guy like Wagner.

MagicHef
03-11-2022, 02:42 PM
He’s going to the Donkos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2022, 02:50 PM
I hope so.

If so, I will do my duty as a Chiefs fan and hope he dies in an AIDS fire.

So I really hope it doesn't work out that way.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2022, 03:18 PM
we have our LBs

No actually we don't. But Wagner will not be one of them. He would have to be a depth role. I doubt that he would be interested in being a backup. We definitely do not need to put Bolton on the bench.

staylor26
03-11-2022, 03:21 PM
No actually we don't.But Wagner will not be one of them. He would have to be a depth role. I doubt that he would be interested in being a backup. We definitely do not need to put Bolton on the bench.

No, actually we do. They’ll add depth and a 3rd guy fro base, but that’s it.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2022, 03:23 PM
They’ll add depth and a 3rd guy fro base, but that’s it.

Right, so we don't have our LBs yet.

staylor26
03-11-2022, 03:25 PM
Right, so we don't have our LBs yet.

We have our top 2 LBs. The two that will play the majority of the snaps, but sure if that’s what you meant.