PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs-Packers Superbowl...marketing appeal?

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Being that this is Superbowl 50...this may one of the only times KC would have an interesting nation-wide storyline. Original match-up of the first Superbowl. Smith was drafted #1...Rodgers #23 (I think). Dorsey as KC's GM...

There has been interesting coincidences..with 9-11/Patriots...and Katrina/NO.

Not saying it will happen...but it could. :p

08-02-2015, 05:25 PM
It's a nice dream.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 05:26 PM
It's a nice dream.

It's preseason...and KC has the best roster in 20 years. Dont kill my fantasy..

Dante84
08-02-2015, 05:27 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/its-science-anchorman.gif

Dante84
08-02-2015, 05:28 PM
https://i2.wp.com/www.betcheslovethis.com/files/uploads/images/yeahscience.gif

Hammock Parties
08-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Nobody outside KC cares about the Chiefs.

Hydrae
08-02-2015, 05:30 PM
I was actually thinking the same think earlier today. The NFL would love the PR possibilities.

bdj23
08-02-2015, 05:31 PM

I wish you didn't care about the Chiefs.

TimBone
08-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I was actually thinking the same think earlier today. The NFL would love the PR possibilities.
No they wouldn't. Two small market teams make for a bad Super Bowl.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 05:32 PM

That was the point of this thread...NFL doesn't want a small market team in the SB...unless they have a franchise QB.

How do you market a Panthers/Chargers Superbowl? There is nothing to really go on..

I'm sure they would love a Rodgers/Luck SB.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I wish you didn't care about the Chiefs.

Me too. But, you know, even people who beat their kids love them deep down.

ChiefsCountry
08-02-2015, 05:42 PM
That was the point of this thread...NFL doesn't want a small market team in the SB...unless they have a franchise QB.

How do you market a Panthers/Chargers Superbowl? There is nothing to really go on..

Cam Newton isn't marketable at all never mind all of those commercials he is on.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 05:45 PM
There arent really any dominant teams in the AFC this year...AFC North isn't getting the cupcake schedule they had last season. They get the NFC West..

Broncos lost a lot of talent as did NE....

ThaVirus
08-02-2015, 06:05 PM
In terms of marketability, I'm sure the NFL would prefer the Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens or Chargers over us, in that order.

I'd bet they're foaming at the mouth at the idea of a Colts v Packers Super Bowl.

ChiefsCountry
08-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Steelers vs. Cowboys is the wet dream. Steelers vs. Packers is #2 wet dream.

ThaVirus
08-02-2015, 06:11 PM
Steelers v Cowboys is a good one; I hadn't thought of that.

Probably the two largest fan bases squaring off. It would sell big time.

Hoopsdoc
08-02-2015, 07:01 PM
That would be a great super bowl. Two historic franchises.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 07:12 PM
In terms of marketability, I'm sure the NFL would prefer the Patriots, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens or Chargers over us, in that order.

I'd bet they're foaming at the mouth at the idea of a Colts v Packers Super Bowl.

Actually..the only time the SB had a viewer decline from the previous year were both Ravens Superbowls...and the Cardinals.

I dont think the Chargers are a more appealing team than KC for a SB.

notorious
08-02-2015, 07:42 PM
The NFL needs to start building another superpower to take over after NE falls apart.

KC would be perfect, but they will probably do the easy thing and have the Raiders win again.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2015, 07:43 PM
The NFL needs to start building another superpower to take over after NE falls apart.

KC would be perfect, but they will probably do the easy thing and have the Raiders win again.

That would be the Colts and perhaps the Seahawks if Carroll and Co. don't totally fuck up their roster.

Simply Red
08-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Very nice of you to share this with us & It'd be nice if it happened. Thank you.

eDave
08-02-2015, 07:49 PM

That's easy. Rivers will suddenly be elite as far as media is concerned and a SB is his destiny

Queue the touchy feely music.

Psyko Tek
08-02-2015, 07:52 PM
That's easy. Rivers will suddenly be elite as far as media is concerned and a SB is his destiny

Queue the touchy feely music.

not until after they move to LA

stevieray
08-02-2015, 07:54 PM
I have multiple friends going to Green Bay..bucket list game...it's nostalgic, but the odds seem pretty high.

We've played well against them, though.

Simply Red
08-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Who do we play again in London where we AUTOMATICALLY surrender a home game, who is that vs?

BlackHelicopters
08-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Put the pipe down.

Hydrae
08-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Who do we play again in London where we AUTOMATICALLY surrender a home game, who is that vs?

Detroit

Dayze
08-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Chiefs and Super Bowl.......that's a good one. Lol

Hammock Parties
08-02-2015, 08:07 PM

IT'S SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Great... a bunch of negative pricks infiltrate this thread. **** off...find another team to to follow.

It's bizarre that the same cast shows up..says the same crap over and over. What is your hope...that everyone joins your opinion and hates everything about this team? Every thread can be how much we hate the Chiefs...? Find something else to project your anger on...sheesh.

You arent even clever...you just try to ruin any joy people find in liking this team. You get the black medal of nothing..wear it with pride.

Its one thing to have Denver trolls on here..but to have pseudo-fan trolls too...sucks. It's not even objective criticism. I come here because I actually like this team... and enjoy it. You come here for an outlet of your hate..

eDave
08-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Great... a bunch of negative pricks infiltrate this thread. **** off...find another team to to follow.

It's bizarre that the same cast shows up..says the same crap over and over. What is your hope...that everyone joins your opinion and hates everything about this team? Every thread can be how much we hate the Chiefs...? Find something else to project your anger on...sheesh.

You arent even clever...you just try to ruin any joy people find in liking this team.

Chiefs in the SB is unlikely. But if that should happen, the marketing appeal is there. First, it's the Superbowl. Second, it's Aaron Rodgers. And third, they will talk quite a bit about the long passed history between the teams.

Then GB will proceed with kicking our ass.

Pablo
08-02-2015, 10:56 PM

You arent even clever...you just try to ruin any joy people find in liking this team. You get the black medal of nothing..wear it with pride.

Have you ever been a 49ers fan?

cosmo20002
08-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Being that this is Superbowl 50...this may one of the only times KC would have an interesting nation-wide storyline. Original match-up of the first Superbowl. Smith was drafted #1...Rodgers #23 (I think). Dorsey as KC's GM...

Nobody cares about the Chiefs
9/11 involved attacks predominately on New York City, also DC and a there was a crash in Penn. Patriots were not "a coincidence."
New Orleans won the SB 5 years after Katrina.

eDave
08-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Nobody cares about the Chiefs
9/11 involved attacks on predominately on New York City, also DC and a there was a crash in Penn. Patriots were not "a coincidence."

You saying we need a tragedy? That's some tinfoil stuff there my man.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 11:04 PM

whoops

But I care about the Chiefs...and I'm somebody.

cosmo20002
08-02-2015, 11:05 PM
You saying we need a tragedy? That's some tinfoil stuff there my man.

The tinfoilers who claim the NFL is rigged often point to the Pats making the SB after 9/11 and the Saints making it "after" Katrina. The OP mentioned these "coincidences." I'm pointing out that there's not much to those "coincidences" at all.

cosmo20002
08-02-2015, 11:08 PM
whoops

Katrina happened in 2005.
The Saints won the SB in February 2010.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 11:09 PM
When KC does well this year...I'm going to make it a point to ensure that Stop Chiefs douchebag doesn't come on here and enjoy it. Like he has supported this team all along...I'm not against objective perspectives..but he doesn't fit that definition.

eDave
08-02-2015, 11:09 PM
The tinfoilers who claim the NFL is rigged often point to the Pats making the SB after 9/11 and the Saints making it "after" Katrina. The OP mentioned these "coincidences." I'm pointing out that there's not much to those "coincidences" at all.

My bad.

cosmo20002
08-02-2015, 11:11 PM
whoops

I care about the Chiefs as well. But we're in a relatively small group that isn't in a big market and doesn't really have a national following like Green Bay or Pittsburgh.

Pablo
08-02-2015, 11:13 PM
When KC does well this year...I'm going to make it a point to ensure that Stop Chiefs douchebag doesn't come on here and enjoy it. Like he has supported this team all along...I'm not against objective perspectives..but he doesn't fit that definition.

You've never been a niner fan have you?

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 11:16 PM
You've never been a niner fan have you?

What does that even mean? They had Joe Montana..and Steve Young. Won multiple Superbowls...and just robbed Smith of appearing in one. I not a Niner fan...but if they are bitching..they are just spoiled...i dont care about them or their fanbase.

*Edit..oh I see now..you are implying I'm a Niners fan..Ive watched the chiefs probably longer than you've been alive. My grandparents had season tickets since the franchise started..

vailpass
08-02-2015, 11:16 PM

LMAO oh my god...

Pablo
08-02-2015, 11:18 PM
What does that even mean? They had Joe Montana..and Steve Young. Won multiple Superbowls...and just robbed Smith of appearing in one. I not a Niner fan...but if they are bitching..they are just spoiled and i dont care about them or their fanbase.

I was simply curious if San Francisco has ever been your football team. Lots of those folks about nowadays.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2015, 11:30 PM
...and just robbed Smith of appearing in one.

What the FUCK does that mean?

Hammock Parties
08-02-2015, 11:32 PM
What the FUCK does that mean?

Didn't you hear? The 49ers fumbled twice while Smith was shitting down his pants on almost every third down and completing less than half his passes, so he is excused.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 11:36 PM
What the **** does that mean?

Here's an idea..you two ****ing retards start your own forum. Call it "I project all my failures on a football team.."..then you can have your own special little circle jerk. you're happy...and people who like this team are happy.

I'm a facilitator of peace..

chiefzilla1501
08-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Yeah. I'm sure the NFL is more interested in a Chiefs Packers Super Bowl vs. a New England vs. anyone super bowl. Or a Peyton vs. anyone super bowl.

eDave
08-02-2015, 11:39 PM
Here"s an idea..you two ****ing retards start your own forum. Call it "I project all my failures on a football team.."..then you can have your own special little circle jerk. you're happy...and people who like this team are happy.

Don't lump DT in with Stop, Chiefs.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 11:45 PM

When he makes an educated observation about this team...maybe..but he's torn from the same cloth.

BlackOp
08-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Yeah. I'm sure the NFL is more interested in a Chiefs Packers Super Bowl vs. a New England vs. anyone super bowl. Or a Peyton vs. anyone super bowl.

I think Peytons last performance hurt ratings...at least after the the start of the 3rd quarter. They want people to watch the entire game. KC hasn't been blown out since Sutton came here..

RealSNR
08-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Rodgers had a secretary named Smith.

Discuss Thrower
08-02-2015, 11:57 PM

I seriously need a username change. When it comes to Chiefs fandom, there is only one 'DT' and it ain't me.

eDave
08-02-2015, 11:58 PM
I seriously need a username change. When it comes to Chiefs fandom, there is only one 'DT' and it ain't me.

Always thought that is why you go by that handle.

RealSNR
08-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Smith threw to a WR named Rodgers in mini-camp, who was cut from the team before training camp

Rodgers threw to a WR named Smith in mini-camp, who was also cut from his team before training camp

Discuss Thrower
08-03-2015, 12:01 AM
Always thought that is why you go by that handle.

No. It's because I'd tag threads I started with "discus" and thought it'd be comical if I changed my username to the current iteration due to wordplay.

RealSNR
08-03-2015, 12:04 AM
There are 6 letters in "Rodgers", and if you subtract 1 (the number of Super Bowl rings that Rodgers has) you get 5, which is the amount of letters in "Smith"

eDave
08-03-2015, 12:05 AM
There are 6 letters in "Rodgers", and if you subtract 1 (the number of Super Bowl rings that Rodgers has) you get 5, which is the amount of letters in "Smith"

LOL. Alright. That's enough.

RealSNR
08-03-2015, 12:05 AM
Both players play for obese offensively-minded head coaches.

RealSNR
08-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Aaron Rodgers replaced Brett Favre, who was acquired for a 2nd round pick by the Packers in a trade.

Alex Smith replaced Matt Cassel, who was acquired for a 2nd round pick by the Chiefs in a trade.

Discuss Thrower
08-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Aaron Rodgers replaced Brett Favre, who was acquired for a 2nd round pick by the Packers in a trade.

Alex Smith replaced Matt Cassel, who was acquired for a 2nd round pick by the Chiefs in a trade.

OKAY GANG DID YOU KNO LINCOLN HAD A SECRETARY NAMED KENNEDY??!

RealSNR
08-03-2015, 12:24 AM
OKAY GANG DID YOU KNO LINCOLN HAD A SECRETARY NAMED KENNEDY??!

I already made that joke.

eDave
08-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Rodgers is ghey. Smiths game is ghey.

Rainbow Superbowl

ThaVirus
08-03-2015, 12:29 AM

Smith threw to a WR named Rodgers in mini-camp, who was cut from the team before training camp

Rodgers threw to a WR named Smith in mini-camp, who was also cut from his team before training camp

LMAO Made me laugh

BlackOp
08-03-2015, 12:42 AM
What's interesting that some posters see no hope of KC ever winning a Superbowl..yet choose to come to a Chiefs forum everyday.What does that say about introspection? It's like the Chiefs became the reason for their discontent...yet have no tangible connection to them. Some people seek out abuse...and if they dont get it..they create it.

It's only football..and I like it. I'm old enough to see it for what it is..escapism entertainment. If it becomes a reminder of misery..its a projection of your own situation on a senario that has no bearing on it. You can blame Cuba for your short penis too..I mean..why not?

Sorry if I took the wind out of your sails, Stop Chiefs..but that shitboat sailed long ago. ..circling the drain. Not going to let your repetitive diatribe take my optimism of the Chiefs down with you..

KChiefs1
12-22-2015, 11:13 PM
No Super Bowl broadcast of Super Bowl I exists but this is pretty entertaining except for the outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UckVgXhQKQo&sns=em

Toby Waller
12-22-2015, 11:28 PM
the Pack is going to lay a fat egg in the playoffs

Toby Waller
12-22-2015, 11:32 PM
No Super Bowl broadcast of Super Bowl I exists but this is pretty entertaining except for the outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UckVgXhQKQo&sns=em

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UckVgXhQKQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New World Order
12-22-2015, 11:37 PM
the Pack is going to lay a fat egg in the playoffs

Pitt Man what teams play in the super bowl?

Toby Waller
12-22-2015, 11:39 PM
Pitt Man what teams play in the super bowl?

Pittsburgh v NY

Toby Waller
12-23-2015, 04:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Jedimaster2000/cheifs2.jpg

Gonzo
12-23-2015, 04:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Jedimaster2000/cheifs2.jpg

I threw up in my mouth a little. Disgusting pic.
School bus yellow is not a pleasant color.

KChiefs1
01-13-2016, 08:57 PM
NFLN
January 15, 2016
7pm CT

49 years after the game. It's finally going to be shown again. I know the outcome isn't what we want it to be but seeing Lenny, Otis, Buck, Bobby, Johnny, Hank & Lamar will be fun.

RINGLEADER
01-13-2016, 10:01 PM
There are a lot of potential storylines if we make it there. One in particular that I would enjoy is Alex Smith returning to the stadium of the team that cast him away in favor of Colin f'ing Kapernick.

RINGLEADER
01-13-2016, 10:02 PM
Just heard that both times Belichek has faced a team in the playoffs with a 10+ game winning streak he lost. 0-2. If the Chiefs do what they have been doing during this win streak it won't matter what the Patriots do...

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2016, 10:12 PM
Just heard that both times Belichek has faced a team in the playoffs with a 10+ game winning streak he lost. 0-2. If the Chiefs do what they have been doing during this win streak it won't matter what the Patriots do...

Yep

Shekelsteinberg
01-13-2016, 10:15 PM

If you think that the NFL isn't going to everything in it's power to force a last battle between Brady and Manning, I have a bridge to sell your gullible dumb ass.

Toby Waller
01-13-2016, 10:29 PM
If you think that the NFL isn't going to everything in it's power to force a last battle between Brady and Manning, I have a bridge to sell your gullible dumb ass.

Steelers v Chiefs

cosmo20002
01-13-2016, 10:30 PM

People always mention these as something special, but I'm not sure what Boston and the Patriots have to do with 9/11 and NO was 5 years after Katrina.

SAUTO
01-13-2016, 10:43 PM
People always mention these as something special, but I'm not sure what Boston and the Patriots have to do with 9/11 and NO was 5 years after Katrina.

9/11 and the PATRIOTS is why people would say that. You know patriotism...

And I don't buy in but the saints super bowl was won as the city was really getting swinging again after the storm

Toby Waller
01-13-2016, 11:25 PM

You have rebuild the stadium and the roadways so people can get there first. You can't just have the team win right after

Simply Red
01-13-2016, 11:38 PM
the Chiefs are due to win won, since the collapse of the Hyatt Regency. IT'S OUR YEAR!!!

01-14-2016, 12:48 AM
Steelers v Chiefs

rematch of the first playoff win of 1994.

Nzoner
01-14-2016, 08:43 AM
9/11 and the PATRIOTS is why people would say that. You know patriotism...

Plus if anyone forgot the Patriots chose to be introduced as a team instead of individuals before the game because "united we stand,divided we fall."As soon as I heard that I told my guests the Pats are a lock to win this game.

Nzoner
01-14-2016, 08:47 AM
I know one thing if the Chiefs and Packers do play in Super Bowl 50 and now tomorrow night their showing for the first time Super Bowl I with special guests commentary I'm going to be more than a little suspicious that this shit wasn't the plan from the get go.

Chiefshrink
01-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Then GB will proceed with kicking our ass.

You know after the first mtg this year, it would seem so BUT both teams have gone in different drastic directions since then. If you think the Donks and Pats o-line are very suspect, GB's o-line is close to practice squad/duct tape quality and no way they handle the Chiefs pass rush IF they play each other at this point. GB's D has gone down hill as well. Everyone thinks they are back in the groove since defeating the Skins but it was the Skins and that game was still neck and neck mid-way through the 3rd qtr. I will take the Chiefs every time at this point:clap:

ClevelandBronco
01-14-2016, 09:15 AM
It's the Super Bowl, so everyone will watch it even if it's the Montreal Allouettes cheerleaders vs. the 1974 Cleveland Cavaliers alumni team. That said, there's virtually no natural market for a Packers/Chiefs Super Bowl. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the average casual viewer could tell you with any confidence that the Chiefs have ever been in a Super Bowl.

Rain Man
01-14-2016, 11:31 AM
It's the Super Bowl, so everyone will watch it even if it's the Montreal Allouettes cheerleaders vs. the 1974 Cleveland Cavaliers alumni team. That said, there's virtually no natural market for a Packers/Chiefs Super Bowl. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the average casual viewer could tell you with any confidence that the Chiefs have ever been in a Super Bowl.

You stay away from me this week. You're bad luck.