PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Maclin and Cooper get into it at camp

DaFace
08-09-2015, 11:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A little camp brouhaha! Jeremy Maclin and Marcus Cooper exchange blows after a deep incompletion.</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/630398142152867840">August 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More quotes and stuff here:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/8/9/9123073/fight-at-chiefs-training-camp-between-jeremy-maclin-marcus-cooper

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Cooper sucks

MMXcalibur
08-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Go Cooper!!!!

(because I have to)

Mr. Laz
08-09-2015, 11:24 AM
As long as it wasn't serious enough for someone to get hurt ...

it's all good, want some spirit in camp

thabear04
08-09-2015, 11:32 AM
At least we dont have Thomas Jones no more.

Deberg_1990
08-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Maclin is just fighting hard to save his job

O.city
08-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Getting tired of hitting each other at this point I'd imagine

Stargazer
08-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Maclin is just fighting hard to save his job

That would be Cooper...

Kiimo
08-09-2015, 02:11 PM
When I read this I thought Marcus Cooper was Marcus Peters and I was going to get worried but nah this is a nothing story with Cooper.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Cooper is toast. Trade him after he has 1 good game this season, please.

Bambi
08-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Not a good sign.

BigMeatballDave
08-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Not a good sign.:spock: These happen in just about every camp, every year.

Kiimo
08-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Cooper is toast. Trade him after he has 1 good game this season, please.

I'm curious why you think he's toast. Or why we need to trade him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Great sign. Chiefs need more fight.

Gonzo
08-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Maclin looked awesome today. He made one amazing fucking catch where it was a little out of reach, he got a hand on it and bobbled it around then he hit the ground and pulled it in. Awesome concentration.

This fight wasn't a huge ordeal but the whole team seemed a bit twitchy today...

Oh and Berry looked fantastic. He is in great shape. It won't be long for him at all.

dj56dt58
08-09-2015, 05:45 PM
I'm curious why you think he's toast. Or why we need to trade him.

I'm more curious as to why he thinks Cooper will have a good game

DaFace
08-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Here's Gretz's take on the chippiness of the day:

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/tempers-flare-between-chiefs-during-sunday-practice/

Smed1065
08-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Maclin looked awesome today. He made one amazing fucking catch where it was a little out of reach, he got a hand on it and bobbled it around then he hit the ground and pulled it in. Awesome concentration.

This fight wasn't a huge ordeal but the whole team seemed a bit twitchy today...

Oh and Berry looked fantastic. He is in great shape. It won't be long for him at all.

Sounding good!

Mr. Laz
08-09-2015, 06:06 PM

I think the Chiefs consider Cooper more of a special teamer now.

He's a decent gunner etc.

Mr. Inmem
08-09-2015, 06:14 PM
I hope Maclin stays healthy. We have been feeding him the ball quite a bit. That scuffle is probably a good thing. We need some aggressive guys on this team. I've always like Steve Smiths attitude.

R8RFAN
08-09-2015, 06:19 PM
So who would you rather have Maclin or Cooper? Amari Cooper that is

mdchiefsfan
08-09-2015, 06:22 PM

Maclin. He is proven in the league, and that is what Smith needs to play his best: trust. This isn't taking anything away from Cooper's potential, but I just think Maclin is more valuable to the Chiefs.

Mr. Inmem
08-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Maclin. He is proven in the league, and that is what Smith needs to play his best: trust. This isn't taking anything away from Cooper's potential, but I just think Maclin is more valuable to the Chiefs.

That's a tough question. I think I'd take Cooper only because Maclin's health issues worry me some. I know Cooper hasn't played and could be injury prone, but right now I'd go Cooper. It's a very close decision though.

mdchiefsfan
08-09-2015, 06:30 PM
That's a tough question. I think I'd take Cooper only because Maclin's health issues worry me some. I know Cooper hasn't played and could be injury prone, but right now I'd go Cooper. It's a very close decision though.

With the Chiefs being at the stage they are currently, we needed someone to come in and be useful day one. By bringing in Maclin there is no major adjustment or time needed to acclimate to the playbook.

Plus I love the Peters pick, so I would keep Maclin and Peters over Cooper.

-King-
08-09-2015, 06:40 PM

The Maclin play you described is on Nick Jacobs twitter feed if anyone wants to see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
08-09-2015, 06:44 PM
The Maclin play you described is on Nick Jacobs twitter feed if anyone wants to see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here ya go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QRfKAD7EEr4?start=31" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotherfuckerJones
08-09-2015, 07:04 PM

Gotta see how cooper looks

BWillie
08-09-2015, 07:04 PM
I heard Maclin tried to buy Coopers number and then fucked his mom

MotherfuckerJones
08-09-2015, 07:06 PM
I heard Maclin tried to buy Coopers number and then ****ed his mom

LMAO awesome

Dunerdr
08-09-2015, 07:33 PM
I thought cooper was having a decent camp?

thabear04
08-09-2015, 10:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Small scuffle at camp after Marcus Cooper takes Jeremy Maclin to the ground while breaking up a pass during 11 on 11 <a href="http://t.co/vXe3rcjvfO">pic.twitter.com/vXe3rcjvfO</a></p>&mdash; KQ2Sports (@KQ2SPORTS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KQ2SPORTS/status/630398965310193665">August 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mav
08-09-2015, 11:02 PM
That's the type of throws Alex has to make consistently.

Eleazar
08-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Cooper is a scrub who is worried about his job.

BWillie
08-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Cooper is a scrub who is worried about his job.

He was good for like two and a half games.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 01:59 AM
Considering how we got him it's not the end of the world.

RobBlake
08-10-2015, 02:12 AM
glad my niners got rid of him.

RobBlake
08-10-2015, 02:16 AM
i feel like that would have been picked off against a top corner. I'm glad alex had the balls to make that throw but i feel like that was very telegraphed.. and thats just from a quick glance of tape

wazu
08-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Love that fire! Sure, Maclin is now out with a neck injury, but I love the FIRE!

Mr. Inmem
08-10-2015, 10:08 AM

And the whole team left with him lol

BullJunkandIron
08-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Reilly Cooper wants to fight Maclin next.

Mr. Laz
08-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Jeremy Maclin misses Chiefs practice because of neck strain
52m
Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin didn’t practice with theKansas City Chiefs on Monday because of what the team called a neck strain.

Maclin did attend the practice session at Missouri Western State University, but spent most of the time riding an exercise bicycle in the medical tent off to the side. Coach Andy Reid said X-rays were negative, but wasn’t certain when Maclin would return to practice.

"We’ve just got to get the spasm out of it," Reid said.

Maclin was involved in a practice scuffle with teammate Marcus Cooper on Sunday. They traded punches before they were separated by teammates.

"It was just in a drill yesterday," Reid said when asked how Maclin was injured. "He got tackled. I’m not exactly sure which play it happened on. He woke up this morning with a stiff neck and so we wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything structural. It wasn’t."

Brock
08-10-2015, 12:42 PM

Fuck your niners.

Fuck you.

-King-
08-10-2015, 12:47 PM

The way the 49ers off season has gone, he could probably come in and be the best defensive player on the team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
08-10-2015, 07:01 PM
As you all know, I was there yesterday and I'm going to parrot my last post with a little more insight.

Maclin is a fing stud. We couldn't ask for a better WR in this system IMHO. I know he's not the biggest target but from what I've seen, he's just clutch.
I saw him out there with constant hustle. You don't get that all the time from guys that scored their contracts. He was running like a sonbitch everywhere. To the sideline, to the huddle, to the waterboy, fuck it. He's going to be awesome for us.

Berry: He was out there rocking it. He played without hesitation and it won't be long for him at all. That dude is just the fucking man. He'll be starting by the first game if not earlier.

Another addition...
Johnson is back. I saw him hauling ass as well and he looked fast as hell. He was in every tackle and was controlling that defense just like he used to. For the first time in a long time I'm finally optomistic. I just had to see it with my own eyes.

12-4 this year boys and girls. Mark it down.
A .500 start then shit comes together.

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 07:05 PM
As you all know, I was there yesterday and I'm going to parrot my last post with a little more insight.

Maclin is a fing stud. We couldn't ask for a better WR in this system IMHO. I know he's not the biggest target but from what I've seen, he's just clutch.
I saw him out there with constant hustle. You don't get that all the time from guys that scored their contracts. He was running like a sonbitch everywhere. To the sideline, to the huddle, to the waterboy, **** it. He's going to be awesome for us.

Berry: He was out there rocking it. He played without hesitation and it won't be long for him at all. That dude is just the ****ing man. He'll be starting by the first game if not earlier.

Another addition...
Johnson is back. I saw him hauling ass as well and he looked fast as hell. He was in every tackle and was controlling that defense just like he used to. For the first time in a long time I'm finally optomistic. I just had to see it with my own eyes.

@ Houston

Denver

@ Green Bay

@ Cincinnati

Where do you see wins here?

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Marcus Pooper needs cut before he injures the only hope we have of fielding an above average offense this year.

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Maclin strained his neck today. They had it X-Rayed.

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Also, some semi-relevant 'around the league' info: Cam Newton was involved in a fight with CB Josh Norman after her intercepted one of Cam's passes.

Gonzo
08-10-2015, 07:26 PM
@ Houston

Denver

@ Green Bay

@ Cincinnati

Houston and Natti.

Mav
08-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Marcus Pooper needs cut before he injures the only hope we have of fielding an above average offense this year.

Truth...

Mav
08-10-2015, 07:33 PM
@ Houston

Denver

@ Green Bay

@ Cincinnati

I think they beat Denver

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 07:35 PM
I think they beat Denver

Just 1 win out of the 4?

Or you think they beat Houston, Denver and Cinci for a 3-1 start? That would be magnificent.

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Houston and Natti.

Sounds sensible..

You don't think losing to Denver at home is a sign that we're still not over the hump?

Hootie
08-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Honestly, Maclin if I'm a chiefs fan, and Cooper if I'm a raiders fan ...

Mav
08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Just 1 win out of the 4?

Or you think they beat Houston, Denver and Cinci for a 3-1 start? That would be magnificent.

I think realistically they beat Cincinnati and Denver.

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 07:45 PM
I think realistically they beat Cincinnati and Denver.

Ooh. A loss to Houston, eh?

Why so?

Mav
08-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Ooh. A loss to Houston, eh?

Why so?

On the road. Jj watt is a man child. I don't like Stephenson vs watt.

-King-
08-10-2015, 07:48 PM
On the road. Jj watt is a man child. I don't like Stephenson vs watt.

1 player....on defense is going to beat us?

As great as Watt is, we're not going to lose because of him. They're still trotting out Hoyer and a backup RB out there. Other than Watt, they don't have anywhere near the talent of the Chiefs. Nowhere close.

Mav
08-10-2015, 07:49 PM

As great as Watt is, we're not going to lose because of him. They're still trotting out Hoyer and a backup RB out there. Other than Watt, they don't have anywhere near the talent of the Chiefs. Nowhere close.

Yeah......... That makes sense. I hadn't really thought that much. So I guess 3-1?

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 08:02 PM
I feel pretty good going up against their offense. Hoyer and Alfred Blue don't scare anyone and I don't even know who their TE is.

Limit Hopkins and Strong and what can they do?

I'm guessing this'll be a low scoring affair similar to the last time we played them. Something like 17-14.

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 08:03 PM
I'll be fucking pissed if we let Watt score a TD.

Gonzo
08-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Sounds sensible..

You don't think losing to Denver at home is a sign that we're still not over the hump?

I think Denver will start hot and KC will need a few games to get going. After that they'll tear ass. 12-4 (give or take one) this year is totally legit.

InChiefsHeaven
08-11-2015, 05:59 AM
I just hate that 4 days after Houston we get the Donks...but if you wanna be considered legit, you win at home, regardless of the opponent.

Chiefnj2
08-11-2015, 06:16 AM
I think Denver will start hot and KC will need a few games to get going. After that they'll tear ass. 12-4 (give or take one) this year is totally legit.

Why do you think they will finish strong when they went 2-4 to end last year?

Mav
08-11-2015, 06:21 AM

Because this isn't the same team?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-11-2015, 06:31 AM
All I'm hearing is that Alex can now safely "trust his receivers".

I'm guessing that in the course of the season, that is going to mean, "I can trust you to block for JC as I shit my pants and check to the east/west per standard operating procedure".

MotherfuckerJones
08-11-2015, 06:44 AM
I'll be ****ing pissed if we let Watt score a TD.

I have nightmare visions of Alex throwing it right to him

Reerun_KC
08-11-2015, 06:47 AM

And 2-5 the year before....

After Nov 15th... Big Andy's squad posts a stunning 4-10 record the last 2 years...

Reerun_KC
08-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Because this isn't the same team?

Your right, its a 2 year trend regardless of the "team"...

Mav
08-11-2015, 06:49 AM
Your right, its a 2 year trend regardless of the "team"...

Well not exactly what I meant but alright lol

Reerun_KC
08-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Well not exactly what I meant but alright lol:thumb:

If it didn't happen back to back years, I could get on board with it being a team issue... (players, coaches, etc...) But seeing Andy roll out back to back season ending stretches of ass... I cant get on it as being a team issue more over being a Big Andy issue.

Mav
08-11-2015, 06:53 AM
:thumb:

If it didn't happen back to back years, I could get on board with it being a team issue... (players, coaches, etc...) But seeing Andy roll out back to back season ending stretches of ass... I cant get on it as being a team issue more over being a Big Andy issue.

Well last year for me was the loss of Dj devito and especially berry. Maybe that's hope?

Reerun_KC
08-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Well last year for me was the loss of Dj devito and especially berry. Maybe that's hope?

As a lifelong Chiefs fan.... All I can ask for is "hope"...:p

Missouri49
08-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Houston also has questions. At the quarterback position

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-11-2015, 08:37 AM

Praying he has a good game like I did for Chase in week 17 last year. Wishful thinking so we can exchange for assets.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-11-2015, 08:39 AM

Yep. Watt can't chase Jamaal Charles, Smith, and DAT in the same play.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-11-2015, 08:43 AM

I saw him out there with constant hustle. You don't get that all the time from guys that scored their contracts. He was running like a sonbitch everywhere. To the sideline, to the huddle, to the waterboy, **** it. He's going to be awesome for us.

Berry: He was out there rocking it. He played without hesitation and it won't be long for him at all. That dude is just the ****ing man. He'll be starting by the first game if not earlier.

Another addition...

Thanks for posting your observations from practice. Maclin and Avant are going to be stellar examples for the receivers and I don't think Wilson is far from being a productive #2. The Dwayne Bowe nostalgia on this board may end very quickly.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Maclin looked awesome today. He made one amazing ****ing catch where it was a little out of reach, he got a hand on it and bobbled it around then he hit the ground and pulled it in. Awesome concentration.

I sure hope he can play starter minutes at some point. I've treated patients post-chemo and they just are never the same. Granted he had a treatable form of hodgkins, without knowing what meds he was taking and the duration of chemo it's hard to say what his stamina/durability will be like going forward. I've seen patients recover very well but show complications down the road from taking drugs like bleomycin that can destroy lung tissue.

Hoping the best for him and that the worst is in the past