PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are you less excited about football than you used to be?

Silock
08-10-2015, 02:30 AM
I am. I think it's the constant mediocre to shit teams we always field. I felt the same way about baseball until the Royals actually got good. Now, every game is exciting.

This constant losing and underachieving takes a fucking toll, man. UGH.

GET ME HYPED UP, because it's fucking difficult to do looking at this roster that just doesn't seem like it's going to do any better than last year, if that.

RobBlake
08-10-2015, 02:30 AM
wait till week one.

BryanBusby
08-10-2015, 02:55 AM
I get excited a bit, but nowhere near the level I once did.

Can't really get myself excited until they actually develop a Franchise QB, a young one. Don't give a fuck if it comes from the Top 5 or a trashcan, anything.

Otter
08-10-2015, 03:13 AM
Can't wait to see the NFL require professional athletes to wear pink.

Hamwallet
08-10-2015, 04:17 AM
Can't wait to see the NFL require professional athletes to wear pink.

You got something against boobs?

Earthling
08-10-2015, 04:29 AM
Well I am probably more excited each passing year. I'm old enough to realize each season might be the last one for this old codger. :)

Quesadilla Joe
08-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Yeah. I liked it better when I didn't know that the Broncos were a lock for the playoffs before the season started. The regular season is just 16 long weeks of hoping nobody gets hurt. The only games that matter are the playoff games, it just sucks the fun out of the season.

DaNewGuy
08-10-2015, 04:47 AM
Naw I still do get excited every season
I'm also a lot younger than most of you guys so I've not witnessed as much heartache first hand lol, my earliest memory of getting letdown was when we lost the 03 divisional round to Indi. I was 10

Tribal Warfare
08-10-2015, 04:50 AM
Honestly, yeah a little disinterested in comparison to the past with the Goodell bullshit and rule changes. It just makes me think that my prediction in 15-20 years the NFL may cease to exist.

mdchiefsfan
08-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Man, I was so pumped for football back in the day. I read everything Chiefs; there weren't enough articles published in a day for me. Then I met CP, and the true fan in me was annihilated. I no longer have that excitement or desire to read the continuous "Mike Catapano is dominating in camp" articles due to the excessive fluff pumped into them.

Thanks, CP! :D

wazu
08-10-2015, 05:06 AM
For me it's not even close to what I used to feel. I think the last playoff debacle may have done damage that can't be repaired.

FlaChief58
08-10-2015, 05:37 AM
Years and years of watching the shit show known as the Chiefs has taken it's toll on me. A SB title however would go a long way toward repairing the damage

-King-
08-10-2015, 05:41 AM
Nope. I'll still spend a ridiculous amount of hours on Saturdays and Sundays watching it and loving every single second of it.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Not at all. I usually reserve my excitement but not this season. We're stacked but have some key players out a little bit. Hold the fort while they're out and get ready for the postseason. This coaching staff knows Alex has to stop being a pussy and throw it deep more than his usual percentage.

KCUnited
08-10-2015, 05:47 AM
The Peters pick and Berry's comeback have reeled me back in a bit on the Chiefs, but it's the NFL as a whole that's been trending down for me the last few years. Over saturated, pussified, lack of rivalries, lack of parity. They've created a QB league around a small handful of great QB's. I agree that dvr'ing live sports is lame, but it's really the best way to watch the NFL now with it's rhythm killing whistles, replays and commercial breaks. It's become a bloated product no longer marketed towards me. Now that I'm out of the KC market, I'm not sure how much NFL I'll really pay attention too.

I actually think KC wins a playoff game this year, I wish I was more excited.

Kman34
08-10-2015, 05:49 AM
I am. I think it's the constant mediocre to shit teams we always field. I felt the same way about baseball until the Royals actually got good. Now, every game is exciting.

This constant losing and underachieving takes a ****ing toll, man. UGH.

GET ME HYPED UP, because it's ****ing difficult to do looking at this roster that just doesn't seem like it's going to do any better than last year, if that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/neppOv3zvfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Otter
08-10-2015, 05:54 AM
Honestly, yeah a little disinterested in comparison to the past with the Goodell bullshit and rule changes. It just makes me think that my prediction in 15-20 years the NFL may cease to exist. It will still exist in some freak way. If it keeps going the direction it's going I'm guessing it will be some bizarre mix of WWE/Jersey Shore/Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Buehler445
08-10-2015, 05:57 AM
Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards did it for me. Then somehow or another Pioli was worse.

I was a huge football fan until then. Chiefs are still my Guys but football is a much less prominent part of my life.

Mile High Mania
08-10-2015, 05:57 AM
As I've gotten older and the kids grow up, the excitement for football dwindles... I still love it, but what once was a 4 team devotion to fantasy football has dropped to 1 team that I do about an hour of prep for each year. The games, I do all I can to watch every Broncos' game and a handful of others on TV. I just don't have the time I once did.

Buehler445
08-10-2015, 05:59 AM
I posted this in another thread. We are going to have to show that we are not the real Chiefs anymore before I can muster legit hope and truly recover from Squirmin Herman.

I don't think I can muster any legit hope. I mean, sure. I root for them and get excited for good plays, appreciate good football and live good players. But until they win a playoff game, I don't think I can legitimately believe we have something.

For fucks fucking sake we should have walked right through Indy 2 years ago. The ONLY thing that jank ass team had was Andrew Luck. Charles was going to shred those motherfuckers and Alex was going to pick apart their laughable secondary. And we did. Except it was Davis not Charles and Alex was throwing bombs. And we picked off the only good thing they had going 4 motherfucking times. 4. We had a 4 TD lead halfway through the third. Insurmountable. And the Chiefs found a way. Until they find a way to win. I may try to convince myself they are contenders but I don't think I will really believe it.

Bwana
08-10-2015, 06:03 AM
After being beat down year after year as a result of following this team, I have become kind of numb to the whole thing. I don't get as excited as I once did, but I also don't get as pissed off as I once did when they screw up.

Bwana
08-10-2015, 06:05 AM
I posted this in another thread. We are going to have to show that we are not the real Chiefs anymore before I can muster legit hope and truly recover from Squirmin Herman.

Or the Gregg Robinson bend, break and crash Defense.

okcchief
08-10-2015, 06:10 AM
Yeah. I liked it better when I didn't know that the Broncos were a lock for the playoffs before the season started. The regular season is just 16 long weeks of hoping nobody gets hurt. The only games that matter are the playoff games, it just sucks the fun out of the season.
Yeah, I liked it better before I knew the Broncos were going to get their shit pushed in every January. The regular season is just 16 weeks of people talking about Peyton being the GOAT and then showing he's not.

Bugeater
08-10-2015, 06:14 AM
For me it's not even close to what I used to feel. I think the last playoff debacle may have done damage that can't be repaired.
Same here, that game stole a big piece of my soul.

DaNewGuy
08-10-2015, 06:20 AM

When they went up 31-7 I jokingly told my co worker no way the NFL is gonna let Andrew Luck have a showing like this.

Sandy Vagina
08-10-2015, 06:26 AM
As excited as I ever was.

That doesn't mean I jump up and down or throw things, like I did when much younger. As we age, we typically put the game into proper perspective, and learn more composure.

I do have occasional suspicions about how much if any the League +/or refs push an agenda. I can always figure on someone somewhere doing a bit of cheating for their cause. Still though, I don't think conclusions are set in stone.. so the games hold as much enjoyment and unpredictability as ever.

GO CHIEFS !!!!

Molitoth
08-10-2015, 06:27 AM
Excited for Fantasy Football.... not so much to watch Alex Smith dink and dunk on Sundays and Peyton Manning run away with the division.

Bwana
08-10-2015, 06:32 AM

Yeah I think that's the last time I got bent out of shape over a Chiefs game, that was brutal.

Eleazar
08-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Getting older and having many other priorities in life probably has something to do with it for me, but the NFL also isn't as entertaining as it once was.

BigBeauford
08-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Throw me into the group who will get excited about developing our own QB.

Mav
08-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Nope. I'll still spend a ridiculous amount of hours on Saturdays and Sundays watching it and loving every single second of it.

This

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 06:54 AM
Getting older and having many other priorities in life probably has something to do with it for me, but the NFL also isn't as entertaining as it once was.

Yep, I'll still get excited for big games/big moments, but not like when I was in high school and college.... and it's not just the Chiefs for me, but the entire NFL, it's the Bud Light of sports. It's taken a back seat to CFB, NHL, college hockey, and college basketball, except for a couple weeks in January.

HemiEd
08-10-2015, 06:58 AM
Man, I was so pumped for football back in the day. I read everything Chiefs; there weren't enough articles published in a day for me. Then I met CP, and the true fan in me was annihilated. I no longer have that excitement or desire to read the continuous "Mike Catapano is dominating in camp" articles due to the excessive fluff pumped into them.

Pretty much this. I used to be totally ate up with them, beyond obsessed.

Having what I feel is a clear understanding of what they are actually doing helps me deal with it. The pattern is concrete, clear as a bell

I look forward to the games and the season. but my life no longer will revolve around them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2015, 06:59 AM
No longer gives me the wood it once did.

Meh.

DaNewGuy
08-10-2015, 06:59 AM
No longer gives me the wood it once did.

Meh.

Not even a chub? Maybe you didn't see that video of Catapono jumping on stuff

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Not even a chub? Maybe you didn't see that video of Catapono jumping on stuff

LMAO

Indian Chief
08-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Yep, I'll still get excited for big games/big moments, but not like when I was in high school and college.... and it's not just the Chiefs for me, but the entire NFL, it's the Bud Light of sports. It's taken a back seat to CFB, NHL, college hockey, and college basketball, except for a couple weeks in January.

This hits the nail on the head. The blame lies more with the NFL than the Chiefs for me. I can't say for certain what it is; maybe being inundated with NFL coverage, maybe all of the arrest reports for players, maybe something else.

Dave Lane
08-10-2015, 07:18 AM
I get excited a bit, but nowhere near the level I once did.

Can't really get myself excited until they actually develop a Franchise QB, a young one. Don't give a **** if it comes from the Top 5 or a trashcan, anything.

Bryan just knocked it out of the park. Give us a QB we can call our own and dream of success with and the inner homer will pop up like wood in the morning.

Bowser
08-10-2015, 07:20 AM

When they went up 31-7 I jokingly told my co worker no way the NFL is gonna let Andrew Luck have a showing like this.

These are all relevant, but for me it was the playoff loss to the Ravens in early 2011 that killed the excitement for me. Ever since that game, I haven't been the same die hard that I used to be. The Indy playoff game brought back the old feelings, especially the first half (particularly when Alex hit Avery for that long touchdown), but in the end they ended up being the same Chiefs I've watched bumble around for the last 20 years.

I'll get excited again when the actually win in the playoffs and/or draft a legit first round QB and develop him. Until then, I'll keep up with the team and cheer them on, but I won't be the crazy homer fan I used to be.

BigMeatballDave
08-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Yeah, but mostly because the Royals are competitive.

TimBone
08-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I liked it better before I knew the Broncos were going to get their shit pushed in every January. The regular season is just 16 weeks of people talking about Peyton being the GOAT and then showing he's not.
There's always one that responds to him. Every time.

philfree
08-10-2015, 07:26 AM
I was down under the Pioli/Haley regime but this team this year has me rekindled. I'm excited about this year. Year three of Reid/Doresy is going to be a good one.

BigMeatballDave
08-10-2015, 07:31 AM
Eh, that loss in Indy didn't really affect me much. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop most of the game. I'm a seasoned Vet.:D
As much playoff failure as we've seen, I'm surprised that most of us aren't immune to this, yet.

Al Bundy
08-10-2015, 07:34 AM
I am excited about college football, but not the NFL, but mostly because I just don't like the QB the Buccaneers drafted.

JimNasium
08-10-2015, 07:37 AM
I had an insatiable appetite for the game in the 80s and 90s when they actually gave defenses a fighting chance. Rules changes that have promoted video game offensive performances have mostly ruined the game for me. I still watch most Chiefs games but rarely watch any others. The game seems more like Championship Wrestling any more. This must appeal to casual fans but neutering the defense just makes the game less interesting to me.

big nasty kcnut
08-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Ok how about this this team will be exciting to watch. If you miss it you will be the sad guy on monday when your co worker are talking about the game and mocking the broncos fans .

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 07:41 AM
The chiefs haven't fielded a championship caliber team at any point in my entire life.

They ignore the most important position in a passing league by repeating the same exact move that has yielded two playoff wins in three fucking decades: trade valuable draft picks for a backup quarterback, and then this is topped off with doubling down on a retread coach with glaring flaws that never get corrected.

Montana, Bono, Grbac, Green and Cassel. Marty, Vermeil, Herm.

It's just stupidity to assume "Oh this time it's different!" with the current QB and HC who have both predictably performed no differently than they had in their previous two franchises.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Ok how about this this team will be exciting to watch. If you miss it you will be the sad guy on monday when your co worker are talking about the game and mocking the broncos fans .

Where have we heard this before?

sd4chiefs
08-10-2015, 07:47 AM
After being beat down year after year as a result of following this team, I have become kind of numb to the whole thing. I don't get as excited as I once did, but I also don't get as pissed off as I once did when they screw up.

This. I just accept the fact that every year the season will end badly. Thank you Royals for making life livable again.

Lonewolf Ed
08-10-2015, 07:47 AM
You got something against boobs?

Not as often as I would like to!

Cheater5
08-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Agree on most all points; it's the summation of changes over the past 10, 12, 15 years that have weakened the game... More passing! More offense! 24/7/365 coverage have over saturated the product. Additionally the changes to tackling and what is now PI have turned the league into a backyard flag football game. Coaching carousels, players becoming more important than teams, and jacked ticket prices have led me further away these past few years.

That, and we never seem to fire on all cylinders in all three phases. This year will be no exception; how much more can we expect from Jamaal before he hits the wall? Nobody really believes that Alex can spit in his hands with two minutes left and say, "I got this."

RunKC
08-10-2015, 07:56 AM
I will be if I keep hearing announcers from every game and radio talk hosts continue to talk about the Patriots deflating footballs when it happened 8 months ago.

It was ridiculous. I want to hear about HALL OF FAMERS but on and on in that game it was Patriots this, Patriots that.

notorious
08-10-2015, 08:00 AM

I call this "Coming to your senses".

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 08:08 AM
My Chiefs interest is certainly waning; that's a coping mechanism, I think. I've been hurt too many times by this asshole organization.

Luckily I'm just as much a fan of NFL as I am the Chiefs. I literally spend all day long on Sundays watching football and I enjoy the hell out of it.

cmh6476
08-10-2015, 08:16 AM
yes.

O.city
08-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Similar to virus, I like football on sundays.

In terms of the chiefs, caution optimism I guess you could say

Strongside
08-10-2015, 08:19 AM
The Royals have taken a bit of my fire, for sure...but I still can't wait to be in my seats screaming my head off. Hopefully the organization is taking note of what's going on across the parking lot...it's called winning, and it's a hell of a lot more fun than mediocrity.

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 08:22 AM
This hits the nail on the head. The blame lies more with the NFL than the Chiefs for me. I can't say for certain what it is; maybe being inundated with NFL coverage, maybe all of the arrest reports for players, maybe something else.

For me it's parity gone too far, and on top of that, they've created a quarterback league without nearly enough quarterbacks. Last time I watched several games at a bar was when the Chiefs beat the Rams, which was a pretty sloppy game... and the Seahawks/Panthers (IIRC) was 9-3 late in the 4th, the Patriots were stomping someone (Bills, maybe), and there was another terrible game on. On any given week, it's just a bunch of garbage with maybe one "must see" type of game, and a lot of times I'll only see bits of it on RedZone.

And of course the Chiefs... haven't been to a game since the home opener against Buffalo in 2011.

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 08:26 AM

Heh, a long time ago I used to think "what if I miss something!" ...well, even if I do miss something that's not somehow caught in highlights/gifs/youtube, most people around here don't talk about the Chiefs.

Dayze
08-10-2015, 08:28 AM

exactly how I feel.

ChiliConCarnage
08-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Nope, I'm super ****ing excited for football season. I will watch all of the games. EVERY.****ING.ONE
Except the Thursday nighters because they are normally shit

Titty Meat
08-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Very excited. No idea why those who aren't into football still post here

Dayze
08-10-2015, 08:34 AM
I 'might' get amped up again when/if they ever win a playoff game.

until then, it's as my old man would say; the Chiefs are 'all radio, and no TV"
pointless to invest any emotion in the team. we all know what the outcome is going to be.

I now spend Saturdays as my 'football day' on the weekend. sit around, watching ball, drinking beer, etc...and have all day Sunday to finish up what I couldn't on Friday night/Saturday morning. Shit, there have been quite a few Saturdays over the last year or two where the wife and I would literally watch college gameday, then watch football ALL DAY, wrapping up with some PAC12 game at 9pm etc. Love those days. I couldn't watch that much of the NFL if you paid me.

MahiMike
08-10-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm older and wiser now. I don't get too high or too low. I'll never act like I did during our 90's runs. Still have a picture covering up the hole in the wall.

Mostly, I try not to brag too much. And I will be sitting alone when we make it to the playoffs this year...)

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 08:49 AM
Very excited. No idea why those who aren't into football still post here

Why not...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/Capture_zpspisapvtr.png

DaFace
08-10-2015, 08:53 AM
My excitement is different, and probably lower overall, but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. I used to go crazy getting ready for the season, but now it's more of a casual interest. I don't get overly excited about this being "our year," like I used to, likely tempered by two decades of it never panning out. At the same time, I enjoy the game and am looking forward to the season - it's just that I enjoy it for what it is rather than thinking that the whole world will come crashing down if we don't win a playoff game this time.

O.city
08-10-2015, 08:55 AM
If the chiefs went on a legit playoff run, interest would be back

Eleazar
08-10-2015, 09:06 AM

Yeah, I never would have thought this ten years ago, but I look forward to the college football season a lot more than the NFL now.

Simply Red
08-10-2015, 09:08 AM
unchanged I think.

Simply Red
08-10-2015, 09:10 AM
our home opener vs Denver - We will win that game.

Sandy Vagina
08-10-2015, 09:19 AM
it's just that I enjoy it for what it is rather than thinking that the whole world will come crashing down if we don't win a playoff game this time.

very well said...

Three7s
08-10-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm still excited about football, but with the Royals being good and all, it's not as much as it was in the past.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 09:30 AM
Haven't been excited in years.

Brief semi-chub when Reid was hired, then same old shit.

I don't even watch the Chiefs on my big screen anymore. I used to hang on every play.

:(

stevieray
08-10-2015, 09:31 AM

You? I was there...you know you've been shell shocked by the Chiefs when you can't relax with a 28 point lead...when they gave the ball to Indy on the fumble that went out of bounds...I knew.

....and it hurt. bad.

Coupled with the current penitentary type atmosphere at Arrowhead, the lustre has dulled.

I used to get up at 5 am to get in line at the Stadium.

Eleazar
08-10-2015, 09:32 AM
I think everyone perceives that the NFL has diluted and softened up their product quite a bit, it's not really the Chiefs.

TEX
08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Im less fired up about football because of how the game has changed. Far different from what I grew up watching. I still like watching it, but the game is "made for TV" now, full of far too many game changing calls and non-calls and IMO that has taken something away from it.

Dayze
08-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Im less fired up about football because of how the game has changed. Far different than what I grew up watching. I still like watching it, but the game is "made for TV" now, full of far too many game changing calls and non-calls and IMO that has taken something away from it.

agree.
plus, half the time I feel like I'm watching arena league ball.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:57 AM
I think everyone perceives that the NFL has diluted and softened up their product quite a bit, it's not really the Chiefs.

This. Watching some of the older football game-films I always wonder how effective the greats of earlier eras would be today. Probably not so much, sadly.

stevieray
08-10-2015, 10:03 AM
full of far too many game changing calls and non-calls
...which usually favors the same teams.

It's getting really OLD.

Rain Man
08-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I've finally figured out that the Chiefs will never win a Super Bowl, and that the NFL product is getting worse every year.

That said, maybe this is the year. I have a feeling.

DMAC
08-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Yep. I go backpacking instead. Fall is good for that...who knew?

Bufkin
08-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Bunch of spoiled pussies. You draft a corner with one of the highest ceilings in the draft (Peters), sign a receiver who can spread the field better than damn near anybody (Maclin), and lock up the best pass rushing linebacker in football (Houston).

Of all the offseasons to say you're not as excited, you pick this one? As a Falcon fan, I'd kill to have the kind of momentum that the Chiefs have this year.

Brock
08-10-2015, 10:32 AM
The games are nowhere near as good as they used to be. I think there are fewer blowouts, which is good. But there are nearly zero intense defensive chess matches. Those type of games had me on the edge of my seat. The way I feel about the NFL now once I heard Mike Holmgren saying something like "let them score!" a dozen years ago, it was like when a kid figures out pro wrestling is fake.

BigMeatballDave
08-10-2015, 10:34 AM
My Chiefs interest is certainly waning; that's a coping mechanism, I think. I've been hurt too many times by this asshole organization.

I never quite understood why people say this. The Chiefs aren't out to disappoint their fans intentionally. That's bad for business. They cannot control our level of emotion invested in the team. If we get 'hurt', it's on us. They make no guarantees on success.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Bunch of spoiled pussies. You draft a corner with one of the highest ceilings in the draft (Peters), sign a receiver who can spread the field better than damn near anybody (Maclin), and lock up the best pass rushing linebacker in football (Houston).

Of all the offseasons to say you're not as excited, you pick this one? As a Falcon fan, I'd kill to have the kind of momentum that the Chiefs have this year.

We're spoiled pussies?! ROFL get the fuck out of here!

Over Yonder
08-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Hey all, new poster here. This thread/topic is actually where my username
comes from. Every dang year, Im pumped up for some Chiefs football, and
every dang year, Im picking another team to follow in the playoffs:#

I believe that is the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and
over, expecting a different outcome:huh:

DMAC
08-10-2015, 10:43 AM

I just don't like NFL anymore. It's boring.

rico
08-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Excited for Fantasy Football.... not so much to watch Alex Smith dink and dunk on Sundays and Peyton Manning run away with the division.

Pretty much this.

Bufkin
08-10-2015, 10:48 AM
We're spoiled pussies?! ROFL get the **** out of here!
You get the fuck out of here you bandwagon North Carolina fan. Suck my balls.

CaliforniaChief
08-10-2015, 10:52 AM
I think it's a healthier thing for me, now. I'll be excited to watch the games, but it used to be that I'd be hitting the refresh button to see how many candy wrappers were spotted in St. Joseph during camp.

The Royals have been great for me, because I just follow the Chiefs casually until the Royals' season ends, hopefully the end of October.

MMXcalibur
08-10-2015, 11:01 AM
I am more amped up for this season than the previous 6-7 seasons. I think the Chiefs will be pretty good. However, I am tempered enough now thanks to two decades of experience to know that if KC doesn't live up to those expectations, I won't fly off the handle.....because we're the Chiefs. I will add in that the last playoff loss to the Colts also ripped a lot of excitement out of me as well. That was the last time I was in my depressed Chiefs state. (Wife took pity on me that night though and let me treat her ass like the Chiefs defense :) )

Without a doubt, the NFL's product has decreased over the years and everytime they piss me off by moving another regular season game overseas or clusterfucking up a ruling, my interest dims a little less. The constant eyefucking of the Cowboys, Patriots, and Tim Tebow/Johnny Manziel/the flavor of the week keeps me from watching any shows about the NFL. It's insufferable. I get that the media outlets are pandering for ratings, but it keeps me away. Primary example: the Chiefs throttling of the Patriots last season was more about "what's wrong with the Patriots" rather than "what's right about the Chiefs".

I still do my yearly two FF leagues and high stakes pick-em league, and I have the games on whenever they are on, so unfortunately, the NFL still has me hooked. Thanks to the NHL/Penguins though, I am no longer as invested as I was growing up. ChiefsPlanet has shown me the light that not everything about these gaggle of assclowns is sunshine 'n rainbows.

kccrow
08-10-2015, 11:03 AM
I believe its just classical conditioning. It's really hard to get excited. It's like a dog getting all excited when its owner finally comes home from work, only to get its ass beat by said owner. Hard to get excited after 20 ass beatings. More like most of us have hit that cower and hide stage.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Primary example: the Chiefs throttling of the Patriots last season was more about "what's wrong with the Patriots" rather than "what's right about the Chiefs".

And that was accurate.

The Patriots righted their wrongs. The Chiefs proved to be frauds.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 11:04 AM
You get the **** out of here you bandwagon North Carolina fan. Suck my balls.

Your mom help you with that comeback? Go let your dad suck your balls faggot.

Bandwagon North Carolina fan? Lol I've been a fan since I was like 8. Each shit and die coward.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 11:05 AM
And that was accurate.

Frauds? No one was expecting that team to go to the super bowl. They were far from fraudulent

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Frauds? No one was expecting that team to go to the super bowl. They were far from fraudulent

They didn't even make the playoffs.

2014 Chiefs were pretenders and that's why they got no respect in the media. And still don't.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 11:10 AM
We get no respect because we haven't won a playoff game in 20+ years and are a small market team with no franchise QB

Mr. Arrowhead
08-10-2015, 11:12 AM
I still get excited but im not full blown excited right now partly because of the royals. Week 1 tho, I will be ready to give my all.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 11:14 AM
We get no respect because we haven't won a playoff game in 20+ years and are a small market team with no franchise QB

And, you know, this:

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ViScoyK4Hhp3cYTpo8qtHG6Ou0o=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2477294/raiderss.0.gif

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 11:16 AM
And, you know, this:

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ViScoyK4Hhp3cYTpo8qtHG6Ou0o=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2477294/raiderss.0.gif

Every good defense gets beat once. Steelers D gave up like a 80 TD TD to Pryor couple years ago.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Every good defense gets beat once. Steelers D gave up like a 80 TD TD to Pryor couple years ago.

That's not the point. The point is we missed the playoffs because we lost to ratshit teams like the Cardinals, Raiders and Titans.

Pretenders.

O.city
08-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Well, this thread is done. Good job

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 11:22 AM
That's not the point. The point is we missed the playoffs because we lost to ratshit teams like the Cardinals, Raiders and Titans.

Pretenders.

Final point before I ignore your trolling ass. We got fucked by the refs in that cardinals game. Plain and simple.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Final point before I ignore your trolling ass. We got fucked by the refs in that cardinals game. Plain and simple.

It's not trolling to point out the truth.

Bufkin
08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Your mom help you with that comeback? Go let your dad suck your balls pillowbitergot.

Bandwagon North Carolina fan? Lol I've been a fan since I was like 8. Each shit and die coward.
Yes, my mom helped me with that comeback. I called the nursing home, got her extension, and asked her how to deal with some douchey North Carolina fan who cheers for UNC basketball along with 85 percent of the country because of Michael Jordan. Since she has Alzheimer's, she asked who I was and what my problem was. I was eventually able to get her advice after a few minutes of pulling teeth.

Eleazar
08-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Well, this thread is done. Good job

Yep, threadwreck complete. ::click > ignore thread > click::

hometeam
08-10-2015, 11:26 AM
More excited this year than last year. Regardless of the problems the team has, I dont like to sit round and dwell on it. I like to be optomistic.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Yes, my mom helped me with that comeback. I called the nursing home, got her extension, and asked her how to deal with some douchey North Carolina fan who cheers for UNC basketball along with 85 percent of the country because of Michael Jordan. Since she has Alzheimer's, she asked who I was and what my problem was. I was eventually able to get her advice after a few minutes of pulling teeth.

U mad bro

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 11:27 AM
I never quite understood why people say this. The Chiefs aren't out to disappoint their fans intentionally. That's bad for business. They cannot control our level of emotion invested in the team. If we get 'hurt', it's on us. They make no guarantees on success.

My wording may have given you the wrong impression but I don't think they do it intentionally.

How they do is beside the point though. At the end of the day, we never end up bringing home the hardware and that's where the pain comes from.

Bufkin
08-10-2015, 11:28 AM
U mad bro
What part of that response would imply that I'm mad bro? If I was any less mad, I would be a Granny Smith apple.

MotherfuckerJones
08-10-2015, 11:29 AM
What part of that response would imply that I'm mad bro? If I was any less mad, I would be a Granny Smith apple.

Go jerk off on a Falcons forum retard.

Bufkin
08-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Go jerk off on a Falcons forum retard.
Did your mom help you with that response waterhead?

Also, do you mean literally jerk off on the Falcons forum, or jerk off reading the Falcons forum? Since the Falcons forum (boards.atlantafalcons.com) is not a physical thing I can ejaculate on, I assume you mean the latter. While they do have some solid football talk and the occasional jib jab thread, I've never run into something that would get my jollies off. There used to be a bikini subforum, but it was deleted once we merged with atlantafalcons.com. If I ever run into something that would fall under the category of jerk off material, I'll start a thread and let you know. Thanks.

Rain Man
08-10-2015, 11:35 AM
And, you know, this:

I think that was Mauga's guy, though I don't know why Berry was headed the other direction.

I was traveling when this game was on, and had to walk three miles to find a sports bar. It was the eastern time zone, so I had to walk three miles back to the hotel at midnight after losing to an 0-10 team. Plus, the chairs at the restaurant weren't very comfortable.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Also, do you mean literally jerk off on the Falcons forum, or jerk off reading the Falcons forum? Since the Falcons forum (boards.atlantafalcons.com) is not a physical thing I can ejaculate on, I assume you mean the latter.

You could print out the posts and jerk off on those. I do that sometimes when I really get the homers all riled up.

Bufkin
08-10-2015, 11:38 AM
You could print out the posts and jerk off on those. I do that sometimes when I really get the homers all riled up.
When we re-sign Julio this offseason, I'll jerk off on that thread until it the paper becomes liquid from my jizz.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-10-2015, 11:43 AM
When we sweep Denver you will

MMXcalibur
08-10-2015, 11:48 AM
And that was accurate.

That is inconsequential.

Immediately afterwards and for the next week, the narrative from that game revolved around New England and Tom Brady. Nobody gave two shits about what the Chiefs did.

I guarantee you when we sweep Denver, it will be what went wrong with Manning. I don't complain because I acknowledge it, so I don't watch. Hence, why my interest in NFL related media wanes.

KChiefs1
08-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Less

Baseball has started to occupy my mind now & it feels just like it did from 74-89 in my mind. Takes me back to $1.50 GA seats & warm summer nights trying to pickup chicks.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Immediately afterwards and for the next week, the narrative from that game revolved around New England and Tom Brady. Nobody gave two shits about what the Chiefs did.

And I'm trying to tell you: there were good reasons for that.

Which was more than evident later when we collapsed.

Truly, there was something wrong with the Patriots. If we had played them in December we would have been crushed.

Pablo
08-10-2015, 12:02 PM
I can't get too amped up for any Alice and Andy led team just yet. The first three games of the season will probably dictate how I view the rest of the year. We should have the best team we've had in a while, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me ten times, I must be a Chiefs fan.

Pablo
08-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Although I do have Sunday Ticket this year; so if the Chiefs let me down I'll have my pick of whatever games/players I want to follow.

FF has me reeled it, so I'm sure I'll watch just as much football as I ever have.

Garcia Bronco
08-10-2015, 12:11 PM
I pay less and less attention each year.

The game it too Litigious
The game is too long
The game has too many stops
The game has to much drama
The commish seems out of control
They change the rules too much from year-to-year

And it's getting worse every year.

Marcellus
08-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Constant losing? How the hell did you ever survive 2005-2009?

I don't get as wound up for offseason and TC but come week one I will be just as pumped as ever.

ChiefsCountry
08-10-2015, 12:38 PM
The sport I fell in love with first is finally back and enjoying every minute of it. Chiefs, are well the Chiefs, same shit different year.

BigCatDaddy
At this time Im not even remotely excited. Its the combination of the Royals being a real contender, Alex Smith, and just other things in life taking my time and attention.

kcxiv
Actually yes, i dont get up for it like i used too. Baseball and Basketball have gained more of my sports attention the last few years. Scott Pioli just taught me not to give many fucks about the CHiefs anymore! Not saying i hate football, but i dont get up and excited for it like i used too.

O.city
08-10-2015, 12:41 PM
When the chiefs are in the afc championship this year, this will be a fun revisit

Pablo
08-10-2015, 12:44 PM
When the chiefs are in the afc championship this year, this will be a fun revisitAnd if they aren't, like they haven't been in two decades, then what?

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 12:46 PM
When the chiefs are in the afc championship this year, this will be a fun revisit

Going to have to be some interesting turn of events for a team to reach the title game by only winning one game along the way bruh.

kcxiv
08-10-2015, 12:46 PM

lol, that means they would have to win a play off game. Come on now. lets be realistic here lol

O.city
08-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Going to have to be some interesting turn of events for a team to reach the title game by only winning one game along the way bruh.

Because they can't beat either of the top 2 or 3 teams in th afc?

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Because they can't beat either of the top 2 or 3 teams in th afc?

They aren't beating Baltimore, Denver (assuming an 80% healthy Manning), Pittsburgh, Indianapolis or New England on the road in the postseason.

If the offense had the Charles and Davis tandem at RB, Maclin, Hartline/Shorts, Wilson, Conley and your choice of Hemingway/Hammond/what have you at WR and Kelce and Gresham/Paul at TE I'd give the Chiefs a puncher's chance at those types of teams.

But with Maclin being joined by a bunch of project receivers? Nuh-uh. Too easy to scheme out and force Smith into situations where he either checks down or forces into single (or worse) coverage.

O.city
08-10-2015, 01:04 PM
So hartline, shorts and those TE's are your reason for not giving the chiefs a chance to win a road game?

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Alright, guys, pack it in.

We don't have Brian Hartline or Cecil Shorts. Season's lost!

DaNewGuy
08-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Alright, guys, pack it in.

We don't have Brian Hartline or Cecil Shorts. Season's lost!

Shoulda traded Houston for draft picks

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 01:12 PM
So hartline, shorts and those TE's are your reason for not giving the chiefs a chance to win a road game?

Those are just placeholders off the top of my head for guys that could have been acquired for the offense (though those additions would have wiped out the ability to re-sign Houston which is its own debate) that would have been obvious on paper upgrades.

Also consider: Kelvin Benjamin, Donte Moncrief or John Brown instead of Shorts / Hartline at the expense of Dee Ford (:facepalm:) and Phillip Gaines respectively.

Maclin, Benjamin, Wilson and Conley at receiver? That's probably the best WR corps in team history. No way even a tepid guy like Smith doesn't put up numbers that would place him in the top third of QBs in the league.

O.city
08-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Why can't Conley and Thomas be just as good as Benjamin and conley?

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 01:31 PM

To find out if people become excited when there's something to be excited about?

Pablo
08-10-2015, 01:33 PM
To find out if people become excited when there's something to be excited about?Get pumped now Bearcat! Can't you tell, can't you just feel that THIS is OUR TIME??

Oh, you can't and you're just going to take the 'see it to believe it' approach? That seems silly.

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Why can't Conley and Thomas be just as good as Benjamin and conley?

A year or so down the line? Sure Conley can. But it's not likely he goes out and does something like Martavis Bryant did last year for Pittsburgh (5th in total catches, #3 WR by that same metric, 549 yards, 21 yards per catch and 8 TDs which is the type of production KC needs out of #2/3 receiver which is what Conley would be for the Chiefs.

As for Thomas, I don't see how he really contributes outside of screens which seem to inevitably get smoked out and in the return game. Unless he turns into some sort of mythical hybrid of Devin Hester and Darren Sproles, I don't get that decision by Dorsey and Reid. It was a total luxury pick that would have made sense for a team like Seattle / Green Bay / New England / San Francisco (to an extent) more so than a team midway through a rebuild in KC.

RunKC
08-10-2015, 01:40 PM
A year or so down the line? Sure Conley can. But it's not likely he goes out and does something like Martavis Bryant did last year for Pittsburgh (5th in total catches, #3 WR by that same metric, 549 yards, 21 yards per catch and 8 TDs which is the type of production KC needs out of #2/3 receiver which is what Conley would be for the Chiefs.

As for Thomas, I don't see how he really contributes outside of screens which seem to inevitably get smoked out and in the return game. Unless he turns into some sort of mythical hybrid of Devin Hester and Darren Sproles, I don't get that decision by Dorsey and Reid. It was a total luxury pick that would have made sense for a team like Seattle / Green Bay / New England / San Francisco (to an extent) more so than a team midway through a rebuild in KC.

DAT was the 124th pick in the draft. You're acting like we spent a top 100 pick on the guy

Pasta Little Brioni
08-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Shorts and Hartline the difference ROFL

keg in kc
08-10-2015, 01:51 PM
I think it's a combination of the Royals getting good and me working a regular 40 in addition to the Chiefs just spinning their wheels for fifteen years. It's hard to stay interested. Oh and I quit listening to sports radio. And this place has just gone to shit for football talk. I didn't even know shields was going into the hall until Thursday.

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 01:53 PM
DAT was the 124th pick in the draft. You're acting like we spent a top 100 pick on the guy

The point is it was a pick used on a gadget type of player. It would have been better to have used it on Cameron Fleming or Dakota Dozier to shore up the line had the Chiefs stuck with Gaines in the 3rd, or pick up Desir or Aikens had they opted for a WR in the 3rd and passed on Gaines.

And those picks would be defensible even if they wound up not panning out (which is likely given the years of data we have on the tenure of guys sticking in the league depending on where they are drafted) because they actually would have addressed needs (notably WR and OL) rather than gambled on a luxury pick in a return specialist with RB/WR tweener traits.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2015, 01:57 PM

Exactly. That's the difference between the haves and the have not's.

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Get pumped now Bearcat! Can't you tell, can't you just feel that THIS is OUR TIME??

Oh, you can't and you're just going to take the 'see it to believe it' approach? That seems silly.

I'm always the most pumped about the Chiefs before they play any games!

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Scott Pioli just taught me not to give many fucks about the CHiefs anymore!

Jan. 9, 2011.
(http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310109012)
The day the music died.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm more excited about the 2015 season than the 2013 season.

Dorsey & Reid have nearly turned over the entire roster, kept their best player, signed a true #1 WR and IMO, improved the personnel dramatically in the past year.

I watch nearly every Royals game with the MLB Direct TV package and their success has in no way dampened my enthusiasm for the Chiefs or the NFL.

bricks
08-10-2015, 03:26 PM
I don't take sports in general as seriously as I used to.

And I think anybody who does is a moron. No offence to some of you that do.

You know what? Honestly guys, with all due respect to sports okay, they're a ****ing let down. I go by probability factors to back up my statement.

Look, there are 30 someodd teams with respect to all team sports (I.e., NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB), and at the end of the day when all is said and done, 1 out of those 30 someodd teams wins a championship. The probability factor suggests that your team has a 3% chance of winning a championship. This is of course assuming that we go by parody and that equality exists in the world of team sports. On the flip side to that, your team also has a 97% chance of letting you down. So this alone tells us that sports favor disappointment. And again, anybody that invests a lot of emotional energy and time rooting and cheering for his team to win is only setting him or herself up.

Another reason why I don't care as much is because it's another example of how some of us are dependent on external sources to make us happy. Watching sports is no different than setting an expectation upon an external source that you have no control over and living your lives with high hopes that your expectations will be met by those external sources that you ain't got no control over. And when your expectations aren't met, very very good chance they won't, we get angry. Using this approach to life isn't the right path to happiness.

*So yeah when my teams lose, all these words of wisdom come back to me, and I stop and smile to myself and politely say **** sports.

Ming the Merciless
08-10-2015, 03:34 PM
yes

20+ years of playoff failure will do that to even the die hards of homers

Theres only been a sprinkling of seasons within 20 years where I actually had hopes...

The last time I had hope for this team, Matt Cassel took my hope...put it in a box...took a shit ion the box...sealed the box up and then took another shit ON the box and then put that box in a pile of elephant shit and then used a backhoe to put all of that shit and the box into a huge , industrial sized chipper/shredder and just blew all of my shredded hopes and dreams into a shit flurry all over me on the side of a lonely road somewhere near Atchison

O.city
08-10-2015, 03:41 PM
To find out if people become excited when there's something to be excited about?

Moreso into see if the people who say they aren't as excited by football as a whole, get back into it if the chiefs are legitimately good

O.city
08-10-2015, 03:43 PM
The point is it was a pick used on a gadget type of player. It would have been better to have used it on Cameron Fleming or Dakota Dozier to shore up the line had the Chiefs stuck with Gaines in the 3rd, or pick up Desir or Aikens had they opted for a WR in the 3rd and passed on Gaines.

And those picks would be defensible even if they wound up not panning out (which is likely given the years of data we have on the tenure of guys sticking in the league depending on where they are drafted) because they actually would have addressed needs (notably WR and OL) rather than gambled on a luxury pick in a return specialist with RB/WR tweener traits.

Why does he have to be a tween er? Why can't he be a slot wr, or even an outside wr?

I'm sure you're basing this on size, which is a concern but not necessarily an absolute

Pablo
08-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Moreso into see if the people who say they aren't as excited by football as a whole, get back into it if the chiefs are legitimately goodWell yeah, that will probably happen. If the Chiefs put together a playoff run, jizz would spill from every sewer in the city. Make no doubt about it. When the Royals gave KC something to be proud of for the first time in forever, they were rewarded with a city that couldn't give them enough love and an impressive amount of asses in seats the next season.

This fan base has a fair amount of blind homers that will whack it to a 7 win season just as much as a 12 win season. And it has a great amount of apathetic fans who've watched mediocre to shit teams for two decades. So until they give us something to be excited about, those people aren't going to be excited by much.

When you haven't won a playoff game in two decades you don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. You just don't.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-10-2015, 03:48 PM
TrollO City is back

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Why does he have to be a tween er? Why can't he be a slot wr, or even an outside wr?

I'm sure you're basing this on size, which is a concern but not necessarily an absolute

Size and the fact that until it's shown otherwise, they'll keep dialing up screens and routes where he starts in the backfield and does whatever strikes Andy's fancy rather than spending most of his running mid to deep routes from the slot or split wide.

O.city
08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Size and the fact that until it's shown otherwise, they'll keep dialing up screens and routes where he starts in the backfield and does whatever strikes Andy's fancy rather than spending most of his running mid to deep routes from the slot or split wide.

Seems that's all they've been having him do in camp, or atleast all we've seen/all they've talked about.

Doesn't really matter, all about getting him in his best spots to succeed anyway

KChiefs1
08-10-2015, 03:59 PM

I will say this...if the Chiefs had a year like the Royals did in 2014 with their run then the whole region will be nuts.

Football will always be first in regards to Chiefs vs Royals if they both are having success.

88TG88
08-10-2015, 04:04 PM
I can honestly say I have absolutely no excitement for this season, mostly curiosity

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2015, 04:10 PM
This fan base has a fair amount of blind homers that will whack it to a 7 win season just as much as a 12 win season. And it has a great amount of apathetic fans who've watched mediocre to shit teams for two decades. So until they give us something to be excited about, those people aren't going to be excited by much.

When you haven't won a playoff game in two decades you don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. You just don't.

I have to fully disagree with this notion.

First off, Kansas City is extremely fortunate to have a football team. Extremely. There are bigger media markets than Kansas City that don't have an NFL team and without expansion or a move, will never have an NFL team. Those include cities like Orlando, Sacramento and Portland, all of whom have NBA teams and cities like Raleigh-Durham and Hartford, not to mention Los Angeles.

Anyone can be a cynic. Anyone can say "Oh, they'll suck this year, just like the last 20+ years" and be right more often than wrong. The NFL is a competitive business and there are 31 other teams, all of whom have limited resources due to competitive balance and the CBA, so it's imperative to make the "right" decisions, along with a healthy dose of luck, to be successful each season.

I've seen nothing from Clark Hunt that suggests that he's a bystander. He fired Carl Peterson, fired Scott Pioli and I'm sure that if the Chiefs are consistent failures under Dorsey & Reid, they'll be gone in short time, too.

But if you're not excited about this current roster and coaching staff, that's on the you, not on the Chiefs past.

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Moreso into see if the people who say they aren't as excited by football as a whole, get back into it if the chiefs are legitimately good

For the past several years my mindset has been the best the NFL can offer is still right up there with the best of any other league, but the problem is you just don't see that very often these days.

So, I'd be all over it if the Chiefs were a mid/late January team worth watching, but I'm not so sure it would get me back into those regular season games against just another mediocre/shitty team.

Kind of the like the Royals, I guess... I've watched them as much as I can since about mid-June, but it's not really on the radar until the NHL is done and I don't usually watch other teams.

Pablo
08-10-2015, 04:23 PM
How fortunate KC is or isn't to have a football team doesn't factor into this at all. It just doesn't matter. They have had, do have, and will have a football team. That's a non-starter.

This team should be the best Chiefs team we've seen in a while. Should be. There's no guarantee there and I'm going to wait and see how they fare the first three games before I decide if they're worth getting emotionally invested in. If the Broncos kick our teeth in, then this will be the same ol' Chiefs. I don't want that to happen, but it very well could.

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 04:25 PM
I have to fully disagree with this notion.

First off, Kansas City is extremely fortunate to have a football team. Extremely. There are bigger media markets than Kansas City that don't have an NFL team and without expansion or a move, will never have an NFL team. Those include cities like Orlando, Sacramento and Portland, all of whom have NBA teams and cities like Raleigh-Durham and Hartford, not to mention Los Angeles.

Anyone can be a cynic. Anyone can say "Oh, they'll suck this year, just like the last 20+ years" and be right more often than wrong. The NFL is a competitive business and there are 31 other teams, all of whom have limited resources due to competitive balance and the CBA, so it's imperative to make the "right" decisions, along with a healthy dose of luck, to be successful each season.

I've seen nothing from Clark Hunt that suggests that he's a bystander. He fired Carl Peterson, fired Scott Pioli and I'm sure that if the Chiefs are consistent failures under Dorsey & Reid, they'll be gone in short time, too.

But if you're not excited about this current roster and coaching staff, that's on the you, not on the Chiefs past.

Swooping in when shit is really bad doesn't mean there's a commitment to winning. Firing Pioli show he has a pulse.... who the hell doesn't clean house after that?! And in both of your examples, he took the easiest path back to mediocrity, and the fans eat it up every time.

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Swooping in when shit is really bad doesn't mean there's a commitment to winning. Firing Pioli show he has a pulse.... who the hell doesn't clean house after that?! And in both of your examples, he took the easiest path back to mediocrity, and the fans eat it up every time.

This fact has been glossed over a lot.

What have Dorsey and Reid done that is so vastly different than what Pioli and
Haley did or what Carl did with four different head coaches?

Ming the Merciless
08-10-2015, 04:35 PM

Not really... Reid has two complete seasons in the books..We do have some past experience to go by....its not like there will a radical change in the philosophy or anything..

We have seen the plan, we know what to expect...

I don't want to get all semantic or whatever but to me 'excitement' for a football season means expecting something positive or a positive outcome..

I think this a very important benchmark season for this regime and they need to win now....

I totally understand both sides of the argument....some people arent optimistic, and so 'excitement' is probably not word they might use for this team this season...

I think either view is reasonable...

Personally I am not optimistic we will win a playoff game but I also understand how important this season is to this regime and that they need to prove the team is getting better, now. That is definitely going to be some tension / drama.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Swooping in when shit is really bad doesn't mean there's a commitment to winning. Firing Pioli show he has a pulse.... who the hell doesn't clean house after that?!

Lamar Hunt. Google the Chiefs record from 1972-1986.

While the Chiefs had great success in their early years after moving to Kansas City, they rarely had any for the next two decades. The Chiefs not only didn't win a playoff game for more than 20 years, they failed to make the playoffs for 14 straight seasons. The team was pathetic and old, the drafts were, for the most part, horrible and there was no hope.

And in both of your examples, he took the easiest path back to mediocrity, and the fans eat it up every time.

Easiest path? Do you actually believe hiring a proven head coach and an unproven GM is an easy path? Really?

And of course fans "eat it up". It's the NFL. It's the most popular sport in America and you have a team in your own backyard.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Not really... Reid has two complete seasons in the books..We do have some past experience to go by....its not like there will a radical change in the philosophy or anything..

We have seen the plan, we know what to expect...

I don't want to get all semantic or whatever but to me 'excitement' for a football season means expecting something positive or a positive outcome..

I think this a very important benchmark season for this regime and they need to win now....

I totally understand both sides of the argument....some people arent optimistic, and so 'excitement' is probably not word they might use for this team this season...

I think either view is reasonable...

Personally I am not optimistic we will win a playoff game but I also understand how important this season is to this regime and that they need to prove the team is getting better, now. That is definitely going to be some tension / drama.

The Chiefs lost five starters last year and were unable to build on their 2013 momentum. Yet, they still beat both Super Bowl teams and had a winning record.

This offseason, they've upgraded their worst position group on the roster and expect further improvements by young and possible superstar players.

Now isn't the time to be "down" on this team. This isn't a Pioli regime nor the end of the Peterson era.

FlaChief58
08-10-2015, 04:39 PM
This fact has been glossed over a lot.

What have Dorsey and Reid done that is so vastly different than what Pioli and
Haley did?

They took a 2-14 team to the playoffs by stiching up the biggest holes in year 1 and are now in year 3 of building a team the right way in an attempt to compete for a title every year.

Sure there are still holes to fill, but this team is getting pretty damn close

DeezNutz
08-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Nope. More optimistic and excited about this year than I have been in quite some time.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 04:41 PM
This isn't a Pioli regime nor the end of the Peterson era.

You got that right, baby!

We're right smack dab in the middle of the Peterson era!

LET'S DO THIS!

http://i.imgur.com/RaIyPCT.jpg

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 04:43 PM
They took a 2-14 team to the playoffs by stiching up the biggest holes in year 1 and are now in year 3 of building a team the right way in an attempt to compete for a title every year.

Sure there are still holes to fill, but this team is getting pretty damn close

2-14 gets trotted out entirely too much.

17-15 the two seasons prior and were two blocked FGs from back-to-back playoff appearances. Further, the team that was two blocked FGs from a playoff appearance would have done so without Jamaal Charles and Eric Berry and was quarterbacked by Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Kyle Orton.

Ming the Merciless
08-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Now isn't the time to be "down" on this team. This isn't a Pioli regime nor the end of the Peterson era.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion....I didn't like the Fischer pick and I didn't think Maclin was THAT much of a game changing move since we lost Bowe..etc...

I also thought we got ridiculously lucky in that 1st 11 win season of Reids, so I do acknowledge that even though we won 2 less games last year than the year before this is a better team. I do agree with you on that...

Its not that I am majorly 'down' on the team. I think you misunderstand....Theres not just a black and white of either being excited and optimistic or being totally down on the team.

Personally I am somewhere in the middle and if this team doesnt SHOW ME something THIS SEASON then I probably will be down on them, majorly.

O.city
08-10-2015, 04:46 PM

17-15 the two seasons prior and were two blocked FGs from back-to-back playoff appearances. Further, the team that was two blocked FGs from a playoff appearance would have done so without Jamaal Charles and Eric Berry and was quarterbacked by Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Kyle Orton.

They bottomed out at 2-14 with a toxic environment, a murder suicide, a franchise that couldn't attract aNY decent coaching hires and didn't have any depth to its roster and were in the middle of a fan revolt and banners flying over the stadium.

So in what, 2 years, I'd say they've changed quite a bit.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2015, 04:50 PM

We're back to the glory years, baby!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0a13c2e88db6d57d31cdf89aedd64e6b/tumblr_mk1bn42hr01renuivo1_500.gif

FlaChief58
08-10-2015, 04:53 PM

Casshole had pioli's dick up his ass or vica versa. Palko was a big fuck you to pioli from Haley and Orton (who didn't want to be there) was brought in by pioli to try and save his job.
The team was regressing and by all accounts moral was at an all time low. Dorsey & Reid changed that in record time, so no, 2-14 is deffinatly not overrated...

Bearcat
08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Lamar Hunt. Google the Chiefs record from 1972-1986.

While the Chiefs had great success in their early years after moving to Kansas City, they rarely had any for the next two decades. The Chiefs not only didn't win a playoff game for more than 20 years, they failed to make the playoffs for 14 straight seasons. The team was pathetic and old, the drafts were, for the most part, horrible and there was no hope.

Easiest path? Do you actually believe hiring a proven head coach and an unproven GM is an easy path? Really?

And of course fans "eat it up". It's the NFL. It's the most popular sport in America and you have a team in your own backyard.

Yeah, I know, if it wasn't for a few playoff wins in the early 90s, that "no playoff wins in 2 decades" would be "no playoff wins in 4 decades".... that doesn't take away from the thought that firing Pioli doesn't mean there's a commitment to winning.

I believe after a season where a player kills someone and then kills himself in front of the GM and HC, and fans are flying banners of the stadium and forming a movement, etc; fixing shit would qualify as "swooping in when shit is really bad," and 'easiest' was mostly pointing at another retread QB... I'm sure it wasn't easy to convince them to come to KC after that shit show.

I'd like to eat up some success on the field one of these days. :shrug:

suzzer99
08-10-2015, 05:01 PM
I am pumped for 3 reasons:
1) Eric Berry
2) The CB we drafted
3) I had no idea what to do with myself yesterday after the Royals game ended

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 05:03 PM
They bottomed out at 2-14 with a toxic environment, a murder suicide, a franchise that couldn't attract aNY decent coaching hires and didn't have any depth to its roster and were in the middle of a fan revolt and banners flying over the stadium.

Point in is people who didn't pay close attention to KC prior to that season (i.e., most posters whose join dates are from March 2013 and later, as well as NFL fandom writ large) see '2-14' in 2012 and assume the whole team was a dumpster fire of '08 Detroit Lions proportions completely devoid of talent without realizing what the team accomplished as I noted in that quoted post as well as that at least half of those 11 wins in '13 were thanks to the fact the Chiefs drew teams with lackluster overall talent, 2nd or 3rd string quarterbacks, coaching issues or some permutation of those three factors.

This has lead to a two effects on Chiefsplanet: further fuel for the Smith cultists that he's a franchise savior and the notion that Reid/Dorsey are miracle workers who transformed a dumpster fire roster into respectable contenders "overnight" when in reality they are just exploiting the fact that the key pieces of talent on the Chiefs team (Charles particularly on offense, Houston and Poe on defense) were already in place and they probably something close to replacement level at their respective jobs in contrast to the complete level of ass that marked the Pioli / Haley / Crennel era (and even then, Haley was hamstrung with a QB he didn't have any belief in).

The jury is still out on what kind of job Dorsey has been doing though picking Dee Ford as a hedge in case Houston couldn't get re-signed instead of a potential QBotF in Bridgewater or addressing a glaring need at WR through Benjamin and the utterly underwhelming selection of Eric Fisher aren't exactly pleasing and Reid is doing a lot of the dumb gameday things he did in Philly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2015, 05:12 PM
When you combine Herm/Peeholi with Goodell's oversight, and the Chiefs love of retread QB's, the old gray mare just ain't what she used to be.

Trolling and p00p on CP are more fun than the event itself.

FlaChief58
08-10-2015, 05:16 PM
This has lead to a two effects on Chiefsplanet: further fuel for the Smith cultists that he's a franchise savior and the notion that Reid/Dorsey are miracle workers who transformed a dumpster fire roster into respectable contenders

The jury is still out on what kind of job Dorsey has been doing though picking Dee Ford as a hedge in case Houston couldn't get re-signed instead of a potential QBotF in Bridgewater or addressing a glaring need at WR through Benjamin and the utterly underwhelming selection of Eric Fisher aren't exactly pleasing and Reid is doing a lot of the dumb gameday things he did in Philly.

Not to many people here are touting Smith as the savior of the franchise.

While the roster did have some talent, it had many piles of steaming shit as well.

This roster has improved a lot even with some questionable picks.

Reid just being Reid, but has changed the mentallity of the team for the better

This team is way better off than the 2-14 team they inherited from pissholy and if you can't see it then i'm afraid you can't be helped

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 05:19 PM
This team is way better off than the 2-14 team they inherited from pissholy and if you can't see it then i'm afraid you can't be helped

They weren't a 2-14 team though... that's my point.

They were -and still are- a 7-9/8-8/9-7 type of team. The reasons of which I won't iterate for obvious reasons but that's undeniable when you calculate the mean amount of wins..

BryanBusby
08-10-2015, 05:22 PM
I think what some retards are trying to say would be the progression from 2-14 is nice, but we progressed right back to the Martyball type of days. While this is okay, we would of preferred to of progressed from the Martyball era and actually move forward as a franchise, finally.

Clark Hunt is better than Lamar when it came to letting people go, but Lamar is a terrible bar to set.

O.city
08-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Point in is people who didn't pay close attention to KC prior to that season (i.e., most posters whose join dates are from March 2013 and later, as well as NFL fandom writ large) see '2-14' in 2012 and assume the whole team was a dumpster fire of '08 Detroit Lions proportions completely devoid of talent without realizing what the team accomplished as I noted in that quoted post as well as that at least half of those 11 wins in '13 were thanks to the fact the Chiefs drew teams with lackluster overall talent, 2nd or 3rd string quarterbacks, coaching issues or some permutation of those three factors.

This has lead to a two effects on Chiefsplanet: further fuel for the Smith cultists that he's a franchise savior and the notion that Reid/Dorsey are miracle workers who transformed a dumpster fire roster into respectable contenders "overnight" when in reality they are just exploiting the fact that the key pieces of talent on the Chiefs team (Charles particularly on offense, Houston and Poe on defense) were already in place and they probably something close to replacement level at their respective jobs in contrast to the complete level of ass that marked the Pioli / Haley / Crennel era (and even then, Haley was hamstrung with a QB he didn't have any belief in).

So if we're discounting said wins in the 9-0 stretch therr for the reasons you mentioned, how many in the 10 win and 7 win 11 years are the same?

You can say it wasn't a 2 win team, when in reality, it was closer to that type of season over that era than not.

HemiEd
08-10-2015, 05:31 PM
The chiefs haven't fielded a championship caliber team at any point in my entire life.

They ignore the most important position in a passing league by repeating the same exact move that has yielded two playoff wins in three ****ing decades: trade valuable draft picks for a backup quarterback, and then this is topped off with doubling down on a retread coach with glaring flaws that never get corrected.

It's just stupidity to assume "Oh this time it's different!" with the current QB and HC who have both predictably performed no differently than they had in their previous two franchises.
That list could be much longer, an obvious pattern. Must have a chance to make playoffs.

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 05:34 PM
So if we're discounting said wins in the 9-0 stretch therr for the reasons you mentioned, how many in the 10 win and 7 win 11 years are the same?

You can say it wasn't a 2 win team, when in reality, it was closer to that type of season over that era than not.

You can discount at least two of the wins in '10 and '11 both. The '12 incarnation of the team was about right on target in terms of win total given the joke of Crennel as a head coach and the fact that Cassel and Quinn have no real business starting under center without some sort of OC with warlock abilities running the show.

Even with discounted wins (which would make the Chiefs roughly a consistent 6-10/7-9 type of team) it doesn't change my underlying point that the reasons why the Chiefs have had a modicum of success isn't because of anything particular to Dorsey and Reid but is just the fact they aren't as incompetent as Pioli, Haley and Crennel.

jimidollar
08-10-2015, 05:45 PM
I don't get as excited as I used to back in the 90s. That level of excitement will probably never return for me. However, I am fucking pumped up to read about the latest letdowns on CP. It's the gift that keeps giving all year 'round, Clark.

PRIEST
08-10-2015, 05:47 PM

This ^^^^:banghead:

Chromatic
08-10-2015, 06:13 PM
ITT: Things aren't the same from when I was in my teens or twenties so they aren't as exciting for me anymore.

Buck
08-10-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm less excited about Sports in general. I didn't even watch most of the NBA Finals this year. I just turned every game on in the 4th quarter with about 6 minutes left.

The Chargers are probably leaving my hometown, so I'm even less enthusiastic about football.

Hootie
08-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Yes and no. This board has killed the fun I used to have with off-season optimism

Rain Man
08-10-2015, 07:42 PM
While I think we can all agree that the NFL stinks and that the Chiefs are cursed to mediocrity, I also wonder if age and overexposure could play a role.

In terms of age, I've been watching football for over four decades. I've pretty much seen everything that can happen on a football field. Maybe at some point it's natural to lose one's enthusiasm. I've been watching football longer than I've done pretty much any other type of recreation.

And overexposure could be an issue as well. There was a time when you got to see two games in a week. Now you can up to five most weeks, and in between you can watch videos, visit web sites, or even go to football bulletin boards. In the big scheme of things, perhaps football's not important enough to warrant this level of attention.

Psyko Tek
08-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Or the Gregg Robinson bend, break and crash Defense.

what the big man said
I lost my excitement in the Dick years, all O no D
I actually got more into it in the crazy Todd years because that fucker would do anythng
I like what Reid has done, I at least think(hope) we got a D back
so hoping, but still k Iwon't be that pissed when we lose not like back in the Herm years

08-11-2015, 12:12 AM
I always struggle getting excited but then week one hits. But, I will admit, my excitement level is nowhere near what it was 10-15 years ago.

TribalElder
08-11-2015, 12:16 AM
We paid for this years Super Bowl trophy through many years of suffering

Our year 50 was aids so that we could have year 50 super bowl

Conspiracy

It's all fixed

TribalElder
08-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Not really excited but maybe after preseason that will change

Reerun_KC
08-11-2015, 07:05 AM
And, you know, this:

The play that ended all playoff talk for the 2014 Chiefs.... That game effectively ended the season....

KCTitus
08-11-2015, 07:16 AM
I dont enjoy NFL anymore. I watch the KC game primarily and really very little else except redzone. If it werent for playing Fantasy Football, I wouldn't have any real interest in the league outside of KC.

Last year's main topics around the NFL had *nothing* to do with the game and everything to do about a variety of political topics. I watch sports to get away from that BS and it really pissed me off. Given the NFL's desire to become their very own 'Hall of Justice', I'm damn near done completely.

I have come to spend more time enjoying college football and basketball now.

Reerun_KC
08-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=11649854#post11649854)

They ignore the most important position in a passing league by repeating the same exact move that has yielded two playoff wins in three ****ing decades: trade valuable draft picks for a backup quarterback, and then this is topped off with doubling down on a retread coach with glaring flaws that never get corrected.

so much truth to this post....

KCTitus
08-11-2015, 07:24 AM
...so much truth to this post....

I dont know how old 'Thrower is, but I would contend that 1997's Chiefs team was a legitimate SB contender...

Even with Montana, I dont know that KC pulls out that Buffalo game.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2015, 07:38 AM

They ignore the most important position in a passing league by repeating the same exact move that has yielded two playoff wins in three fucking decades: trade valuable draft picks for a backup quarterback, and then this is topped off with doubling down on a retread coach with glaring flaws that never get corrected.

It's just stupidity to assume "Oh this time it's different!" with the current QB and HC who have both predictably performed no differently than they had in their previous two franchises.The offense from 02-05 was SB quality. Too bad they ignored the D.

93, 95, and 97 were very solid. The chokejobs in 95 and 97 were a product of Marty. :banghead:

TEX
08-11-2015, 07:40 AM
I'm less excited about Sports in general. I didn't even watch most of the NBA Finals this year. I just turned every game on in the 4th quarter with about 6 minutes left.

The Chargers are probably leaving my hometown, so I'm even less enthusiastic about football.

What's so bad about losing the Chargers? :p

KChiefs1
08-11-2015, 07:28 PM
This gets me excited!

http://youtu.be/wz51xS0K56k

BWillie
08-11-2015, 07:33 PM
My favorite sport has always been basketball. And it's not even close. I can't tell you how much I would love for Kansas City to ever get an NBA team. After that, football and baseball are pretty close. Even before the Royals were good, the last 5 years I started to like baseball more and more. I'd say football and baseball are neck and neck for me.

Part of the reason I don't like football as much is because of the ticky tack personal fouls they call all the time. And the ridiculous flags they throw when a guy barely misses blocking a punt, is laying on the ground, and the punter falls on him. Shit like that makes me rage.

IowaChiefs83
08-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm only excited for football when I'm not on this board. You are all a bunch of soul suckers.

Rain Man
08-11-2015, 09:00 PM
I'm only excited for football when I'm not on this board. You are all a bunch of soul suckers.

It's all in how you look at it. This board has made me a huge fan of Dustin Colquitt.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2015, 09:03 PM

The Chiefs sucked my soul RIGHT out.

Now I must feast on the souls of true fans...

https://38.media.tumblr.com/330be83334e11fc23b3b488bc1183edf/tumblr_mr61z878hA1sd5qb4o1_500.gif

Marcellus
08-11-2015, 09:05 PM
There are millions of Cubs fans that think a bunch of you are the biggest pussies on the face of the Earth.

While I personally think the Cubs suck and are trash becaue I am NOT a fan, they have a faithful diehard base that hasnt seen their team win a championship in anyones lifetme that isnt 107.

Quit your ****ing whining you prissy bitches. Its about the journey as much as the destination.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Quit your ****ing whining you prissy bitches. Its about the journey as much as the destination.

Indeed. I refuse to get excited about a hopeless endeavor.

Someday I will look back on this journey and remember when the Chiefs didn't excite me at all. Which will make the REAL Chiefs team that finally shows up and legitimately contends SUPER EXCITING.

You are all lying to yourselves. It makes me very sad.

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Ahh, the journey of watching terrible sports teams... that's shit you tell your grandkids about right there.

Marcellus
08-11-2015, 09:12 PM
You know whats awesome? I have Claynus on ignore. I cant hear you douchebag.

lewdog
08-11-2015, 09:12 PM
There are millions of Cubs fans that think a bunch of you are the biggest pussies on the face of the Earth.

While I personally think the Cubs suck and are trash becaue I am NOT a fan, they have a faithful diehard base that hasnt seen their team win a championship in anyones lifetme that isnt 107.

"Diehard" and some of the dumbest, most ignorant fans in baseball.

No thanks.

Marcellus
08-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Ahh, the journey of watching terrible sports teams... that's shit you tell your grandkids about right there.

The Chiefs are far from a terrible sports team but hey, think what you want.

O.city
It's kind of funny and sad that clay thinks/feels whatever that people here carr that much what he thinks about the chiefs

ThaVirus
Marcellus has a serious case of battered fan syndrome

Marcellus
08-11-2015, 09:14 PM

No thanks.

It was just an analogy about the point of being a fan. Fact is most Cubs fans I have met have always been realistic about their team good or bad.

lewdog
08-11-2015, 09:15 PM

He comes back for his yearly beating, even more eager than the year before.

I wonder if he still believes in Santa?

stevieray
08-11-2015, 09:16 PM

:rolleyes:

Marcellus
08-11-2015, 09:16 PM

Reiculous, I have a serious case of reality.

Football is a hobby, its supposed to be fun and fact is this team is trending better than it has in a long time.

Bitch and be a miserable fuck if you want to.

Marcellus
08-11-2015, 09:17 PM

Says the Royals fan. Give me a break Lew you are being a douche.

You saying you hate the Chiefs or are you just being a dick to be a dick?

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 09:18 PM
The Chiefs are far from a terrible sports team but hey, think what you want.

Let's go with mediocre then, that completely changes the point.

lewdog
08-11-2015, 09:18 PM
It was just an analogy about the point of being a fan. Fact is most Cubs fans I have met have always been realistic about their team good or bad.

It's fine. I'm a Royals fan.

Although baseball is a different breed. Many teams go long stretches without success in baseball. It's a different setup than football. Player development is also fun to watch and breeds optimism easier than football. But when you see almost all NFL teams have some moderate success in the past 20 years and the Chiefs still sitting at zero playoff wins, it's fucking dis-heartening in a league where parity is about as good as it gets in all of professional sports.....outside of KC I guess.

Marcellus
08-11-2015, 09:19 PM

Maybe but thats far from horrible.

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 09:22 PM
It's fine. I'm a Royals fan.

Although baseball is a different breed. Many teams go long stretches without success in baseball. It's a different setup than football. Player development is also fun to watch and breeds optimism easier than football. But when you see almost all NFL teams have some moderate success in the past 20 years and the Chiefs still sitting at zero playoff wins, it's fucking dis-heartening in a league where parity is about as good as it gets in all of professional sports.....outside of KC I guess.

You must be quite the miserable person to say such things, have you even smiled this week? You probably drive around in 2nd gear, you're so miserable.

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Maybe but thats far from horrible.

Not in the NFL.

lewdog
08-11-2015, 09:30 PM
You must be quite the miserable person to say such things, have you even smiled this week? You probably drive around in 2nd gear, you're so miserable.

The Panthers have been to a Super Bowl.

Our old division foes the Seachickens, whom we used to beat up on, have gone to multiple Super Bowls.

DaneMcCloud
08-11-2015, 09:47 PM

It's really odd to me that a guy with 28,000+ posts on a Chiefs forum is arguing that the Chiefs are "unexciting", all the while acting as a Moderater on a Chiefs forum.

IMO, that's like me saying that "The Raiders suck", yet posting five times a day on a Raiders forum for 15 years while moderating their forum.

If you don't want to follow the Chiefs and/or don't care about their success or failure, no offense, but fuck off.

We have enough douche fucking bags around here (thanks, BTW) that claim to be fans that relish in every negative aspect and story.

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 09:47 PM
The Panthers have been to a Super Bowl.

Our old division foes the Seachickens, whom we used to beat up on, have gone to multiple Super Bowls.

Tim Tebow won a playoff game.

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 09:57 PM
It's really odd to me that a guy with 28,000+ posts on a Chiefs forum is arguing that the Chiefs are "unexciting", all the while acting as a Moderater on a Chiefs forum.

IMO, that's like me saying that "The Raiders suck", yet posting five times a day on a Raiders forum for 15 years while moderating their forum.

Eh, I post in Royals threads, Jayhawk threads, non-sports stuff, and read Chiefs and other news, have met many people multiple times, not only at Arrowhead but around town and while in other cities... this place is obviously more than a Chiefs message board.

And of course, I haven't been jaded for all 15 years/28,000 posts... well, maybe only since I've been a mod. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Eh, I post in Royals threads, Jayhawk threads, non-sports stuff, and read Chiefs and other news, have met many people multiple times, not only at Arrowhead but around town and while in other cities... this place is obviously more than a Chiefs message board.

And of course, I haven't been jaded for all 15 years/28,000 posts... well, maybe only since I've been a mod. LMAO

It's still weird.

Bearcat: I fucking hate the Chiefs. Mediocre shit.

Chick: So, what do you do in your spare time?

Bearcat: Oh, moderate a Chiefs forum.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2015, 10:04 PM
It's still weird.

I fucking hate the prequels but I didn't stop being a Star Wars fan...

Now if Jar Jar would stop checking it down we could get back to enjoying some good football.

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 10:10 PM
It's still weird.

Except you made up the first sentence, and the 3rd sentence excludes me from that type of company.... but, I have gotten weird virtual looks when I'm hanging out at the hockey board and tell them I moderate a football forum, so you have a point there!

Bearcat
08-11-2015, 10:17 PM
I fucking hate the prequels but I didn't stop being a Star Wars fan...

Now if Jar Jar would stop checking it down we could get back to enjoying some good football.

Yep, it's just entertainment... and there's no point in finding another team, so we're left with waiting to be entertained.

Well, and the eternal hope that this is the year we will be...

CoMoChief
08-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Can't wait for Chiefs football. It's the best time of the year other than March Madness.

But the Royals recent success is kind of taking my mind off of football for the moment. This is the first season where I haven't read up a lot on training camp updates. I know I've probably spent more time in the Royals thread(s) than any other Chiefs related threads.

But I think that goes the same for a lot of people though. We're not exactly used to seeing the Royals win outside of last year's WS run, so it's still exciting and KC is still riding that Royals wave of success.

Bugeater
08-11-2015, 10:53 PM
ITT: Things aren't the same from when I was in my teens or twenties so they aren't as exciting for me anymore.
No, it's actually the opposite. They're EXACTLY the same as when I was in my 20s. Nothing has changed.

GloryDayz
08-11-2015, 11:21 PM
It's Royals season right now.

08-11-2015, 11:28 PM
No, it's actually the opposite. They're EXACTLY the same as when I was in my 20s. Nothing has changed.

I'm surprised you even remember your 20s you old fart.

DaneMcCloud
08-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Except you made up the first sentence, and the 3rd sentence excludes me from that type of company.... but, I have gotten weird virtual looks when I'm hanging out at the hockey board and tell them I moderate a football forum, so you have a point there!

LMAO

Just spicing up the thread

:evil:

BlackOp
08-12-2015, 12:31 AM
I dont like the fact it has become corporatist and it shoves the separation of classes in your face. You have much more "luxury" boxes..and tickets are stupidly overpriced. Beer is what...$9? Is this an airport...parking $35? It seems extortionist..I go to one game every 4 years now. I could understand if the majority of their revenue wasnt stemming from TV deals. Hunt made like 228 million from that alone. They are just gouging the local support at this point.. I'd rather watch on my HDTV

I hope the NFL eats itself...greedy ****s.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2015, 05:11 AM

No thanks.

The Chiefs are now the civil rights movement. It's all about "the struggle".

:rolleyes:

Pure entertainment and lolz, nothing more. I've been in this for 25 years. I know the score, thanks.