PDA

View Full Version : Life Ever been knocked out?

Earthling
08-10-2015, 07:58 AM
After felling about 23 elm trees on my property one of the trees stretched across the street on our block. Anxious to clear it off the road for traffic my brother and I started cutting it up to drag it off the street. The next thing I actually remember is a paramedic strapping a neck brace onto me and being placed in an ambulance, (Damned tree rolled and conked me on the noggin) Neck brace now for at least 10 weeks for cracked skull. Its the first time I ever actually was knocked out; for several minutes I was told. But I have zero memory of it happening so who knows if that's the first time or not.

Simply Red
08-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Sorry mate. Start using some sort of addictive drug like Molly or something. That'll help get you through this sensitive time.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Sorry mate. Start using some sort of addictive drug like Molly or something. That'll help get you through this sensitive time.

Actually got s scrip for oxy. Haven't had to take more than a few of them though.

Simply Red
08-10-2015, 08:05 AM
glad ur ok.

Simply Red
08-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Actually got s scrip for oxy. Haven't had to take more than a few of them though.

be careful with those. They're bad news.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:07 AM
glad ur ok.

Thanks. :thumb:
The hardest part is not being able to do a damned thing for 10 weeks and I got a ton of stuff I need to get to. Oh well..

Mr. Inmem
08-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Yep, playing football in the park. I was running for a deep pass, looking at the ball in the air and not straight ahead. BAM!!!!! Nailed a trashcan. Did a flip in the air and landed hard. Shit hurt.

Otter
08-10-2015, 08:10 AM
be careful with those. They're bad news. Not if you chop them up and snort them. Then they're safe.</br></br>Knocked a guy out bad once in a wrestling match. It's fucking scary. Arms straight up, out like a light and snoring like a drunk uncle.</br></br>Glad you're OK.

Earthling
Yep, playing football in the park. I was running for a deep pass, looking at the ball in the air and not straight ahead. BAM!!!!! Nailed a trashcan. Did a flip in the air and landed hard. Shit hurt.

I knocked my friend out playing baseball as a kid. Hit his chin with my shoulder blade and he fell like a rock. Maybe this is payback. :D

MahiMike
That's why tree companies are charging so much. That stuff is scary!

Get well soon.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Not if you chop them up and snort them. .

LMAO

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:12 AM
That's why tree companies are charging so much. That stuff is scary!

Get well soon.

Indeed! And thanks :)

Chieficus
08-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Took a knee to the jaw on a dive while playing ultimate Frisbee as a junior in college. Wasn't out for too long, but also broke my jaw clean on both sides (it happened a month after having all my wisdom teeth removed). I remember being in a bit of shock and blood pouring from my mouth. Still sometimes hear in my mind the crunch of the initial blow... 15 years later.

I don't recommend it.

Mr. Inmem
08-10-2015, 08:22 AM
I knocked my friend out playing baseball as a kid. Hit his chin with my shoulder blade and he fell like a rock. Maybe this is payback. :D

I wasn't sleeping though, so I don't know if that would be considered a knock out. I had no clue what happened and I was very disoriented.

Sandy Vagina
08-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Took some major shots.. whether boxing/fighting or playing ball. Been concussed and dazed, but never lost consciousness.

Beef Supreme
08-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Got knocked out once while skiing trying to do a backscratcher. Got hit in the head so hard once in elementary school playing kill the man with the ball that I had short term amnesia.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Took some major shots.. whether boxing/fighting or playing ball. Been concussed and dazed, but never lost consciousness.

That was like me..until this happened.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Took a knee to the jaw on a dive while playing ultimate Frisbee as a junior in college. Wasn't out for too long, but also broke my jaw clean on both sides (it happened a month after having all my wisdom teeth removed). I remember being in a bit of shock and blood pouring from my mouth. Still sometimes hear in my mind the crunch of the initial blow... 15 years later.

I don't recommend it.

Damn!

seclark
08-10-2015, 08:30 AM
around 4 or 5 times that I can/can't remember.
sec

DaNewGuy
08-10-2015, 08:30 AM
I used to backyard wrestle when I was a youngster, I remember knocking myself out a lot of
Times , glad your ok man take err easy

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Got knocked out once while skiing trying to do a backscratcher. Got hit in the head so hard once in elementary school playing kill the man with the ball that I had short term amnesia.

I worked at a liquor store in Wichita and was tied up and hit over the head with one of them old time small coca cola bottles. Broke that and then broke a fifth of scotch over my head as well. I pretended to be knocked out then but never lost consciousness.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:33 AM
around 4 or 5 times that I can/can't remember.
sec

Yep.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:34 AM
I glad your ok man take err easy

Thanks

DaNewGuy
08-10-2015, 08:35 AM
I worked at a liquor store in Wichita and was tied up and hit over the head with one of them old time small coca cola bottles. Broke that and then broke a fifth of scotch over my head as well. I pretended to be knocked out then but never lost consciousness.

Oh shit. That's crazy man. My old
Place of work got
Robbed last year but they fired me the week before it happened so no coke bottle
To the head for
Me

DMAC
08-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Took a shot of 151 once.

ThaVirus
08-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Took a shot of 151 once.

That was an old drinking bud of mine's go-to. I tried it on a couple occasions.

The first time I ended up waking up in some bushes downtown.

KC native
08-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Never lost consciousness but have had multiple concussions or concussion-like symptoms. Got jumped and hit with an old school wooden night stick about 4 times once, never went completely out though I was concussed than a motherfucker.

58-4ever
08-10-2015, 08:56 AM
That was an old drinking bud of mine's go-to. I tried it on a couple occasions.

The first time I ended up waking up in some bushes downtown.

Dang, those ladies like the old school look, eh?

Earthling
08-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Took a shot of 151 once.

I use to mix that with some lemonade..back when my liver was good.

BlackHelicopters
08-10-2015, 08:59 AM
I'd be happy to relieve you of any oxy's you don't want.

Three7s
08-10-2015, 09:02 AM
I got knocked out once in elementary school. I was playing kick ball with some friends and someone kicked it near the swings, and me really competitive, had no regards for safety going for the ball, and BAM! Kicked the right side of my head. I was out for about 5 minutes.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:08 AM
I'd be happy to relieve you of any oxy's you don't want.

Lol Actually I like having some pain meds around for 'just in case'.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:10 AM
I got knocked out once in elementary school. I was playing kick ball with some friends and someone kicked it near the swings, and me really competitive, had no regards for safety going for the ball, and BAM! Kicked the right side of my head. I was out for about 5 minutes.

Ouch!

hometeam
08-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Motorcycle accident going about 80, my head contacted the ground HARD.

The first thing I remember is I was standing up, bent over, my visor was ripped off the helmet, and my glasses where laying directly on the ground in front of me. I picked them up and put them on, when I looked up, there was a farmer sitting there on a running 4 wheeler.. "YALLRIGHT?" .. he said it had been about 3 minutes from the crash. I dont remember anything until that point~

stevieray
08-10-2015, 09:13 AM
No, but I've taken a few good shots..Brother in the Army hit me harder than I've ever been hit. I was on CQ, he came in buzzed from the club.

KAPOW! I bet my eye closed up in 10 minutes.

We became great friends afterwards.

Glad you are ok.

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2015, 09:17 AM
After felling about 23 elm trees on my property one of the trees stretched across the street on our block. Anxious to clear it off the road for traffic my brother and I started cutting it up to drag it off the street. The next thing I actually remember is a paramedic strapping a neck brace onto me and being placed in an ambulance, (Damned tree rolled and conked me on the noggin) Neck brace now for at least 10 weeks for cracked skull. Its the first time I ever actually was knocked out; for several minutes I was told. But I have zero memory of it happening so who knows if that's the first time or not.

Yes, I was skiing (extremely fast) and I lost an edge while turning. The next thing I remember is laying face down in the snow and someone calling out "you ok?"... I was only out for a short time, like maybe a minute but still, very strange...

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Motorcycle accident going about 80, my head contacted the ground HARD.

The first thing I remember is I was standing up, bent over, my visor was ripped off the helmet, and my glasses where laying directly on the ground in front of me. I picked them up and put them on, when I looked up, there was a farmer sitting there on a running 4 wheeler.. "YALLRIGHT?" .. he said it had been about 3 minutes from the crash. I dont remember anything until that point~

The helmet prolly saved your head and your ass.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Yes, I was skiing (extremely fast) and I lost an edge while turning. The next thing I remember is laying face down in the snow and someone calling out "you ok?"... I was only out for a short time, like maybe a minute but still, very strange...

Yes it is a strange feeling...

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:34 AM
No, but I've taken a few good shots..Brother in the Army hit me harder than I've ever been hit. I was on CQ, he came in buzzed from the club.

KAPOW! I bet my eye closed up in 10 minutes.

We became great friends afterwards.

Glad you are ok.

Thanks! It is strange how many good friends one collects that started out with an altercation of some kind, huh?

Discuss Thrower
08-10-2015, 09:37 AM
I got choked out to the point my vision blacked out and I lost feeling in my hands. Does that count?

stevieray
08-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks! It is strange how many good friends one collects that started out with an altercation of some kind, huh?

:)

MTG#10
08-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Once in elementary school I was showing off in front of twin sisters riding home on my bike with no hands. Next thing I remember is waking up and them standing over me laughing at me. I proceeded to go home and went straight to bed. My mom wasn't home from work yet and I didn't know you weren't supposed to sleep after a possible concussion. Lucked out that day I guess.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Once in elementary school I was showing off in front of twin sisters riding home on my bike with no hands. Next thing I remember is waking up and them standing over me laughing at me. I proceeded to go home and went straight to bed. My mom wasn't home from work yet and I didn't know you weren't supposed to sleep after a possible concussion. Lucked out that day I guess.

Thats a fact!

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
I got choked out to the point my vision blacked out and I lost feeling in my hands. Does that count?

Almost counts..:p

Bwana
08-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Never knocked out but I have had my bell run a few times. I'm glad you came out of it as well as you did and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 09:58 AM
Thanks much!

ghak99
08-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Take it easy and get well man. That feeling you get as you're waking up is weird as hell.

I took a high infield fly I lost in the sun right between the eyes above the brow line as a kid. Went down like a pile of bicks at shortstop. I remember feeling my legs quit functioning on the way down, but nothing until waking up after they had moved me to the shade on the bench. Wore the perfect marks from two seams on my forehead for a couple days.LMAO

The lights went dim during a collision with a running back on the football field once, but I don't think I was actually knocked out. I remember the sound of the hit, but it's blurry up to getting helped to the sidelines. Might as well have been though because the after affects felt much worse than the times I went totally out.

A motocross crash put the lights out bad once as well. I remember taking the jump and the next thing I know I'm coming to on all fours crawling off the side of the track with my visor smashed into my face. Forearms were so cramped up I couldn't get my fists to unclench until after until an off duty nurse got to me. "I can't move my fingers!", "I'm not worried about your damn fingers!" as she got me laid out flat on the ground.LMAO Had to be told there was a guy rolling the jumps that I didn't see and I clipped him on the landing. Still have a tender spot on the back of my head I feel every now and then if I sleep wrong.

rico
08-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Oh yeah. Was jumped by a guy with brass knuckles once at a party when I was 19. Broke my cheek bone, broke my nose and cut my eye open real bad...had to get it glued together. That knocked me out for 5-10 minutes. I wrote a long winded story about that one and posted in here a couple years ago in which I received the following response from Milkman, "you know, I have never said this and never thought I would say this, but tl;dr." Haha.

I've also been knocked out during wrestling practice a couple times. The times I was knocked out in wrestling practice, it was the closest thing to an out of body experience that I've ever felt. It was like I was watching my self from the ceiling, trying to stand back up with my legs wobbling all while still trying to get in my stance get back after it.

Mr. Laz
08-10-2015, 10:44 AM
playing 3&2 baseball, was catcher

got hit in back of the head with aluminum baseball bat during practice swings

---------

working construction, guy would buy a house and live in it while he remodeled it and sold it. He would hire young guys for cheap to work. He had us doing all sorts of crazy shit that was probably illegal. We were just too young and stupid to know better.

We were digging a foundation, it had just rained so the trench was full of water. Started using an indoor sump pump outdoors to empty the water. Pump was leaning against a piece of wood to keep the wiring out of the water. Large piles of dirt on either side from digging. Pump wire slip into water, my foot was in water ... shock the shit out of me and knocked me out. Woke up later and didn't know what happen. Toes were bleeding. LoL

Rain Man
08-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Glad you're semi-okay, earthling. It seems like that would hurt.

No one's ever knocked me out. I'm too quick. I float like a butterfly and sting like ... a butterfly, but that last part is irrelevant.

The closest I've ever come was a concussion when I was in a car wreck. We got broadsided, and I slammed my head against the side of the car. I never lost consciousness, but I was out on my feet for a while. On a positive note, I got to ride in an ambulance.

Straight, No Chaser
08-10-2015, 11:02 AM

Get off 'em ASAP. They work too well. Flush the leftovers.

frankotank
08-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Took a shot of 151 once.

LMAO

was drinking bacardi and coke with a buddy one night...
next day I'm like....WTF HAPPENED!? I don't even remember leaving the bar. he says....so you don't remember when they ran out of bacardi light and switched us to 151? :LOL:

frankotank
08-10-2015, 11:52 AM
late one night in a strip club parking lot a lifetime ago some guy tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned around he punched me. as I went down my head hit a truck bumper and I was OUT. split my eyebrow open really good...5 or 6 stitches worth. as my friends and his friends are squaring off over my seemingly dead body I woke up and beat the crap out of the guy. I remember none of this. apparently I dented his truck with his head. when the cops showed up he was griping about the dent in the truck. the cop, having already been told what this douche had done says, who's truck is it? the guy says it's his. the cop was like...tough shit. told me to get my ass to the hospital. LMAO

I remember before the punch, and I remember being in the car headed to the hospital, but nothing in between. on the way to the hospital I kept asking my friends, it is REALLY that bad man? do I REALLY need to go to the hospital. they're all...YES! now STFU! you are TOTALLY ****ED UP MAN! LMAO

Kman34
08-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Sliding on an ice puddle in elementary school about 3rd grade... Fell backwards hit my head on asphalt... Woke up in GYM class not knowing how I got there...
18 years old.. fell back on tailgate of a pick-up on my head... blacked out for a few min...
Played football for years no head injuries. Lucky I guess..

RockChalk
08-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Sledding when I was about 11 years old. Hit a patch of ice and ran forehead first into a wood (2x4) compost box. I remember losing control and flying towards that box. Next thing I recall is coming to on my parents couch in the living room.

Apparently older siblings of some friends I was sledding with carried me to my parents place, laid me down on the porch, rang their doorbell and took off. Had a knot the size of a softball on my forehead, but the ER docs just said to ice it and it would go away after a few days.

Radar Chief
08-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Yup, motorcycle wreck. Got knocked smooth out.
That's how I ended up with so much road rash, I got knocked out instantly so I hit and slid like a sack of potatoes. Woke up once in the ambulance then again getting a CAT scan.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Glad all you guys (and gals) didn't suffer any permanent effects or more serious injuries. At 65 I keep telling myself to be more careful but somehow I keep forgetting...;)

Fish
08-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Many times. Bucked off a horse. Ran full speed into a refrigerator door. Two from high school football. Left the field in the middle of play once, and went to the parking lot and ended up getting on a school bus and tried to take a little nap.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-10-2015, 01:44 PM

You ever hear of check into cash? Mine's called script into cash. Hit me up, bruh!

Get well soon.

Old Dog
08-10-2015, 01:45 PM
1988 while boxing in the Army. FORSCOM Championship. Some cat named Ray Mercer (yep, same dude) knocked me slap the hell out in the second round. The first time I saw the right hook was on video the next day.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 01:49 PM
You ever hear of check into cash? Mine's called script into cash. Hit me up, bruh!

Get well soon.

:D

WhawhaWhat
08-10-2015, 01:49 PM
1988 while boxing in the Army. FORSCOM Championship. Some cat named Ray Mercer (yep, same dude) knocked me slap the hell out in the second round. The first time I saw the right hook was on video the next day.

Pussy. :)

Earthling
08-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Damn, cool story! You must have been a damn fine boxer to make it to the FORSCOM Championship! Congrats on that.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Many times. Bucked off a horse. Ran full speed into a refrigerator door. Two from high school football. Left the field in the middle of play once, and went to the parking lot and ended up getting on a school bus and tried to take a little nap.

Well if I wasn't so hard headed I think I would have been KO'd many more times than just this once. (Knock on wood)

Earthling
08-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Pussy. :)

LOL

Old Dog
08-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Damn, cool story! You must have been a damn fine boxer to make it to the FORSCOM Championship! Congrats on that.

Must clarify....wasn't in the Championship FINAL, I got whacked a round prior to that.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Must clarify....wasn't in the Championship FINAL, I got whacked a round prior to that.

Still pretty damn good bro.

shitgoose
08-10-2015, 02:41 PM
I took a paver brick to the dome when I was 12. Out cold for about 2 minutes. People thought I was dead.

SCTrojan
08-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Yep. In junior high school at football practice. I was running up the middle and met up with Mr. Danny Hernandez. It was only for a few seconds (I think) but he definitely knocked me the f*ck out. I concentrated on baseball after that.

rico
08-10-2015, 03:36 PM

You made it a lot longer than Tim Sylvia!!!

BigRedChief
08-10-2015, 03:38 PM
I've had to living shit kicked out of me so bad I wish I had been knocked out. Does that count?

listopencil
08-10-2015, 03:57 PM
I was hit by a car in a parking lot when I was around 8 years old and knocked out for about 30 seconds. I was running off from my older sister after her and her boyfriend (later husband) had taken me to an amusement park. I ran in between parked cars and then right in front of someone who was driving around looking for a space to park. I froze and caught the bumper/grill on my chest and upper arms, it threw me back several feet and onto the pavement. Luckily I was completely unharmed.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 04:04 PM
I was hit by a car in a parking lot when I was around 8 years old and knocked out for about 30 seconds. I was running off from my older sister after her and her boyfriend (later husband) had taken me to an amusement park. I ran in between parked cars and then right in front of someone who was driving around looking for a space to park. I froze and caught the bumper/grill on my chest and upper arms, it threw me back several feet and onto the pavement. Luckily I was completely unharmed.

I bet that scarred the living shit out of the driver of the car.

Earthling
08-10-2015, 04:06 PM
I've had to living shit kicked out of me so bad I wish I had been knocked out. Does that count?

It should...:D

listopencil
08-10-2015, 04:07 PM
I bet that scarred the living shit out of the driver of the car.

Oh yeah it did. And my sister, and her boyfriend. They were frantic. I came to with them all standing over me. So maybe it was a little longer than 30 seconds. Not really sure.

beach tribe
08-10-2015, 04:20 PM
I was Billy BA in HS.

I tried my AG teacher about a week after my 18th BD.
We were pretty tight. It was all in sport, but we both wanted to see who was boss, and we weren't pulling punches.
He was in his late 40's.

Dude knocked me
The
Out.

That's the first time I ever heard someone say: (it wasn't to me it was another old guy talking to his friend.)

"Everybody is a Bad Ass until they meet one"

Only time I've ever lost consciousness.
I have been hit quite a few times and seen a white flash or gone cross eyed, though.

Power truly is the last thing to go.

rambleonthruthefog
08-10-2015, 05:15 PM
I got knocked clean out in my very first real fist fight(12-13). I was runnin my mouth and got dropped on my head. Woke up in principles office next to my cousin and grandma. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me in hindsight.

TinyEvel
08-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Not knocked out but passed out during my baby's birth. Was a C-section and I was on a stool up by the top of the table, there was a sheet stretched vertically up from her body covering the view of the operation.

They said, "Here comes the baby" and I looked over the top of the sheet and saw them squeezing the baby out of a small cut in my wife's belly, like popping a zit.

I sat back down on the stool and all I remember is waking up on the floor with the baby crying. I was filming so the video is pretty damn funny. The whole thing just goes sideways in slow motion goes to the floor pointing at the ceiling.

Buck
08-10-2015, 07:32 PM
The first fight I ever got into in 6th grade, I got one punched in the nose and started bleeding profusely. Wasn't knocked out, but that's the closest I've come.

tmax63
08-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Got hit behind the earhole during 2nd qtr in high school football game. 2nd down on offense. next thing I knew it was 3rd down and we were on defense. Really figured out where I was/who I was at half time.

Buck
08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Got hit behind the earhole during 2nd qtr in high school football game. 2nd down on offense. next thing I knew it was 3rd down and we were on defense. Really figured out where I was/who I was at half time.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. When I was playing Jr. Midgets, I hyper extended my neck backwards and was knocked out and rushed to the hospital. I never lost consciousness, but I couldn't move my body.

hometeam
08-10-2015, 07:46 PM
The helmet prolly saved your head and your ass.

Oh it did. 600 dollar Arai and Ill never wear anything else again.

The wreck was really bad, but I was wearing full gear; full AGV leathers, nice Alpine boots and gauntlets, back protector, everything. Everything but the helmet lived to ride again.

Besides the concussion I suffered no real injury aside from bumps and bruises~

BucEyedPea
08-10-2015, 07:52 PM
All the time as a kid playing when really young. Then around 5th or 6th grade we used to play a pass-out game.

Psyko Tek
08-10-2015, 08:12 PM
MY experience
It was a saturday night in the 80's fall
I was coming back from a party in lincoln, NE had walked there and was coming home about 2 am was about a 2 mile walk, had a DUI did no t want another
heard footsteps behind me
turned looked and....
it was dawn I was walking about 7 miles from home
went in to a cum'n go asked it they had a bathroom I could use
I was a blood mask from my nose to my left ear
washed my self off, bought a coke assured the cashier I was alright
apologized for my appearance
he asked what happened

I answered
No fucking idea

and to this day same answer

ChiefRocka
08-11-2015, 05:58 AM
By a set of titties....?

http://ftop.ru/large/201410/125331.jpg

Dayze
08-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Not knocked out but passed out during my baby's birth. Was a C-section and I was on a stool up by the top of the table, there was a sheet stretched vertically up from her body covering the view of the operation.

They said, "Here comes the baby" and I looked over the top of the sheet and saw them squeezing the baby out of a small cut in my wife's belly, like popping a zit.

I sat back down on the stool and all I remember is waking up on the floor with the baby crying. I was filming so the video is pretty damn funny. The whole thing just goes sideways in slow motion goes to the floor pointing at the ceiling.

LMAO

Bob Dole
08-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Friday night. By a table.

Perineum Ripper
08-11-2015, 09:23 AM
My first deployment to Iraq

As a young badass 19 year old..I was up on the gun of the truck..we were driving to a small village outside of Baghdad and we hit a antitank mine and it flipped the truck over and threw me out..I was told I was never completely out but I don't remember anything after the explosion

Apparently I was flopping around in the sewage ditch trying to backstroke to shore..I came to remembering the most awful fucking smell ever..then that smell stuck around in the 112 degree day for the next 13 hours

Go fucking Army

Dayze
08-11-2015, 09:30 AM
I got smashed on special teams coverage in HS football; very similar to the kicker from Baylor who got smashed in the bowl game last year after his kick was blocked and picked up. Except I was a gunner on K/O coverage. they ran some weird return /mis direction. Returner started out going completely in the opposite direction from me as I was running down the sidelines.

Then, he reversed his field and headed my way. I thought "sweet....he's coming my wa----" SMASH. I got leveled by a blocker on a designed cut-back type return. woke up with the ref and opposing coach looking at me (like Rod in Jerry Macguire). asked if I was ok, I said "yeah...I think so". then proceeded to walk over to the opposing teams sideline asking where the water was. LMAO. It was like the old snickers commercial where the player gets smashed and thinks he's Batman.

I guess i laid there in that spot like I was dead as the other team / the play developed into a TD return. Just me....and my dead body at the opposing 35 yd line.

if I recall, that might have been the final game I played before saying '**** this'. guys were getting bigger and I wasn't. and we sucked. I think we won 2 games in 3 years. lol.

The Franchise
08-11-2015, 09:46 AM
When I was a little kid....I apparently didn't know how to stop while roller skating. My genius brain thought that I should stop by running into a pole head first. I came too on my back with a bunch of people standing around me and blood pouring down my face. Had to get stitches in between my eyes.

threebag
08-11-2015, 10:03 AM
only have gone "white" and knees were wobbly twice. Both times i did it to myself. Once i was pissed grabbing a 40lb bag of dog food from my trunk. It was a Lincoln Mark VII with the license plate "cut out". slammed the bitch to make a point and about KO'd my dumbass. Didn't drop the bag or "fall out".

Nzoner
08-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Crown Royal has knocked my ass out a few times over the years.

morphius
08-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Fell out of a tree when I was young, don't remember hitting the ground. Woke up, mid sentence and had no idea what I was saying. Everything looked hazy and I was holding my arm. Decided I could figure out if I was dreaming or not, and figure out why I was holding my arm by using it to lean against a tree. The pain shooting up my arm told me that I was most assuredly was not dreaming. Luckily it was just a sprain.

Third Eye
08-11-2015, 11:57 AM
I was sort of knocked out once. Apparently I didn't lose consciousness, but I lost a solid half hour of my life. I want to say that it was during the '95 Super Bowl, either that or '94.

Either way, at halftime we decided to go downstairs and box. There were four of us, two small guys and then me and another guy that some of you might remember. He was a QB for a terrible Big 12 team in the mid to late '90s. Regardless, he got me with a good one. I remember getting hit, and then next thing I know I'm upstairs and it's midway through the 3rd quarter. I remember coming to and being all "WTF just happened?", but it took them by just as much surprise as it took me. I was told that I went down, but got right back up and had been carrying on normal conversations since that point. Very odd feeling.

My buddy got his payback a few years later playing against the likes of Nebraska with a team composed of all walk-ons for an offensive line. He got knocked out more than once in his career.

Discuss Thrower
08-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I was in the lockerroom after practice when this douche linebacker got in my face. I finger wagged him to GTF back and then he sucker punched me!

threebag
08-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I was in the lockerroom after practice when this douche linebacker got in my face. I finger wagged him to GTF back and then he sucker punched me!

should have waited to pick up towels till after the showers

allen_kcCard
08-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the thread Geno!

If your jaw doesn't hurt too much we'd love to hear a recount of how it all went down.

scho63
08-11-2015, 12:46 PM
When I was a around 14-15 years old, a neighbor of mine had a Chibi minibike and we would go into the woods and ride on the trails. One time I opened it up to about 35 MPH and the throttle stuck. I didn't know how to lay down the bike in the rocks and drove straight into the woods into a tree. A broken branch missed my eye and head by inches or I would probably be dead. Instead I was knocked unconscious for at least 2 minutes and my friend's minibike has a dented gas tank and bent handle bars. Had to help him push it home with a giant knot on my head.

I was lucky and to this day I am afraid of motorcycles.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/MisterBigWheel/12aaz7.jpg