PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gil Brandt on Reid and Dorsey

O.city
08-13-2015, 08:46 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/NFLcom-Senior-Analyst-Gil-Brandt-Picks-Chiefs-to-Win-AFC-West/245a7b6b-821b-4ff7-b60f-4b6a22141a9a

Decent read. Didn't wanna bury it in Training Camp thread

Dante84
08-13-2015, 09:17 AM
A little of this, a little of that, and BOOM: here it is, on this page.

Gil Brandt and Alex Marvez of Sirius XM Radio stopped by training camp on Wednesday

He’s one of the most respected football men out there.

Former Dallas Cowboys personnel man Gil Brandt, who not only won two Super Bowls with the Cowboys (VI, XII), but also had 20-straight winning seasons (1966-85) as he helped lead their scouting department through some of their best years, is currently a senior analyst for NFL.com.

On Wednesday, Brandt and Alex Marvez were at Kansas City Chiefs training camp for their Sirius XM Radio show.

During a break from their show, Brandt took time to speak with Chiefs.com about his thoughts on the upcoming season.

“I'm picking Kansas City to win the AFC West,” Brandt said. “I think this team has been carefully put together. I think that there's a great deal of cooperation between everybody here. I think Andy [Reid] realizes what [general manager] John Dorsey brings to the table, and I think Dorsey realizes what Andy brings to the table.

“And I think both of them realize what [Chiefs Chairman and CEO] Clark Hunt brings to the table. Dorsey has told me numerous times: everything they've asked for from Hunt, they’ve gotten. I think this is a team that's got a good quarterback and some people behind him that can really help.”

Brandt, a legendary personnel man who is credited for many of the techniques used today by NFL teams to scout players, couldn’t speak more highly of Dorsey.

“He leaves no stone unturned,” Brandt said. “The guy works hard, he's got a lot of friends and he can walk into a school and they’ll say, 'John, come here I want to talk to you. Don't pay any attention to so and so,' or 'This guy's not a good person.'

“I think John is a very forward thinker. He knows about players, but I think he also knows what the team and the league is going to be like one or two years from now. So when he's drafting a player, he's not drafting a player for 2015, he's drafting a player for 2017.”

One of the areas Brandt said that Dorsey has been particularly impressive is with the college free agents. Last year, receiver Albert Wilson was signed after the draft and heading into his second season looks to be in line for a starting position.

This year, linebacker Justin March has already been turning some heads, along with a few other players who are looking forward to their first NFL game action on Saturday against the Arizona Cardinals.

It’s an area Brandt can’t say is important enough.

"It's really, really important,” Brandt said. “When I was with the Cowboys, we were big in the free agent market. It's probably more important now because of the salary cap. If things are going to be successful, teams have to hit on their fourth, fifth and sixth-round picks, and not only hit on those guys, but it's [also] important to have one or two free agents make your team.”

Once those players are found and either drafted or signed by Dorsey and his crew, then it’s just a matter of letting the coaching staff teach and develop them.

That’s where the trust between the personnel staff and the coaching staff becomes paramount.

“One of the things about Andy Reid and the coaching staff he has in Kansas City, they’re all teachers,” Brandt explained. “They do a really good job developing players.

“And today, you better have good teachers if you want to be successful.”

Brandt would know, and if he’s saying good things about those in charge of the Chiefs on both the personnel side and coaching side of things, with his pedigree, that’s reason enough to feel even more optimistic about the short-term, the long-term and future in Kansas City.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Team is locked and loaded folks

Mr. Laz
08-13-2015, 09:41 AM
I agree IF this Oline crap works out.

FlaChief58
08-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Team is locked and loaded folks

Paper champs!

FringeNC
08-13-2015, 09:42 AM
“He leaves no stone unturned,” Brandt said. “The guy works hard, he's got a lot of friends and he can walk into a school and they’ll say, 'John, come here I want to talk to you. Don't pay any attention to so and so,' or 'This guy's not a good person.'

Interesting that Brandt is arguing personal relationships with college coaching staffs is so important.

TEX
08-13-2015, 09:43 AM

This

BossChief
08-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Very encouraging read.

BTW, if you guys have XM, Gils show is a must listen...always has great stories you won't get anywhere else.

The Franchise
08-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Very encouraging read.

BTW, if you guys have XM, Gils show is a must listen...always has great stories you won't get anywhere else.

Really? I find him hard to listen too. Sounds like a really smart guy....but his old age makes it hard to follow him.

frozenchief
08-13-2015, 10:21 AM

And we can get Alex to pass downfield

Hydrae
08-13-2015, 11:13 AM
So what kinds of things does he say to other team's website interviewers? It sounds like this could just be a lot of fluff, I don't know much about Brandt.

Eleazar
08-13-2015, 11:15 AM
The entire staff and front office should be fired for not taking Geno At 1.1 /CP

MotherfuckerJones
08-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Yeah...I'll wait til we actually beat Denver for believing the hype. I'm optimistic but not about winning the division.

Bob Dole
08-13-2015, 12:27 PM
It is all made up. This team is terrible.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Gil Brandt is like 90.

lol

RealSNR
08-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Really? I find him hard to listen too. Sounds like a really smart guy....but his old age makes it hard to follow him.

He's not quite as bad as SOME people :evil:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HOLTZ.jpg

Hamburglar
08-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Good read. Our coaching staff is really underrated. We have good coaching everywhere and all of them have been around for a while now. It's like Reid picked guys who weren't going to take off after a year. Having the same guys around for three years now is a huge bonus for us.

frozenchief
08-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Bucky Brooks also put KC as being among the 5 teams with most improved WR corps and secondary. I don't think Smith can put this team on his back and carry us to a championship but I do think he's good enough to win in the playoffs and maybe more if surrounded by the right pieces. It appears we are putting the right pieces in place. On the other hand, we start out with a brutal initial 4 game stretch that could have us chasing the lead all year long. If we come out of the first 4 games at 1-3 or 0-4, it won't really matter how good the pieces are. I'll stay with cautiously optimistic until we get through the first 4 games. Hopefully my optimism isn't gang raped like it frequently has been in the past.

RealSNR
08-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Bucky Brooks also put KC as being among the 5 teams with most improved WR corps and secondary. I don't think Smith can put this team on his back and carry us to a championship but I do think he's good enough to win in the playoffs and maybe more if surrounded by the right pieces. It appears we are putting the right pieces in place. On the other hand, we start out with a brutal initial 4 game stretch that could have us chasing the lead all year long. If we come out of the first 4 games at 1-3 or 0-4, it won't really matter how good the pieces are. I'll stay with cautiously optimistic until we get through the first 4 games. Hopefully my optimism isn't gang raped like it frequently has been in the past.

The entire thing is fucking brutal. I'm actually not too worried about this opening stretch. We can beat Houston, and I think we can take one game from the Green Bay/Cincinnati road trip. Denver is a toss-up.

That's not at all a terrible stretch compared to what we've got after the bye. Two consecutive road division games, followed by a brutal fucking beat-the-shit-out-of-you Buffalo team. That's an exhausting three-game stretch. And I could see that putting us off our mark as we enter that stretch of @Oakland, home against San Diego, and @Baltimore.

We'd be lucky to go 8-6 before getting two home games against Cleveland and Oakland to finish up the year. But we've really got to shoot for that mark. We have no choice. 9-7 can't be counted on to get it done.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Yeah...I'll wait til we actually beat Denver for believing the hype. I'm optimistic but not about winning the division.

Listen here MotherFucker, we're not only going to beat Denver but we're going to beat Denver twice. Not only that but we're going to end Fiveheads career. You got that MotherFucker !!!!!

TimBone
08-13-2015, 01:08 PM
I agree. He's got good stories, but he's a tough listen.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-13-2015, 01:08 PM
It is all made up. This team is terrible.

Did Go Chiefs change his name to Bob Dole ?

jspchief
08-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Brandt has always had a soft spot for KC. His opinions are always on the optimistic side for this team.

BlackOp
08-13-2015, 01:21 PM
The entire thing is ****ing brutal. I'm actually not too worried about this opening stretch. We can beat Houston, and I think we can take one game from the Green Bay/Cincinnati road trip. Denver is a toss-up.

That's not at all a terrible stretch compared to what we've got after the bye. Two consecutive road division games, followed by a brutal ****ing beat-the-shit-out-of-you Buffalo team. That's an exhausting three-game stretch. And I could see that putting us off our mark as we enter that stretch of @Oakland, home against San Diego, and @Baltimore.

We'd be lucky to go 8-6 before getting two home games against Cleveland and Oakland to finish up the year. But we've really got to shoot for that mark. We have no choice. 9-7 can't be counted on to get it done.
AND how many last Season had us beating Seattle and New England? You are assuming all teams will stay healthy....it rarely plays out like people think. In 2013...People were saying KC was going to get killed by NY and Dallas to start the season.

I've said it before...the AFC North has to play the NFC West/AFC West. They probably only send one team to the PO this year. If the NFC South wasnt so lame last year...KC would have made the PO. It's the only reason they sent 3 teams last year..

BlackOp
08-13-2015, 01:22 PM

RealSNR
08-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Sunday, Sept. 13 at Houston Texans
Thursday, Sept. 17 Denver Broncos
Monday, Sept. 28 at Green Bay Packers
Sunday, Oct. 4 at Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, Oct. 11 Chicago Bears
Sunday, Oct. 18 at Minnesota Vikings
Sunday, Oct. 25 Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, Nov. 1 Detroit Lions (London)
Sunday, Nov. 8 BYE WEEK - - - - - - - -
Sunday, Nov. 15 at Denver Broncos
Sunday, Nov. 22 at San Diego Chargers*
Sunday, Nov. 29 Buffalo Bills*
Sunday, Dec. 6 at Oakland Raiders*
Sunday, Dec. 13 San Diego Chargers*
Sunday, Dec. 20 at Baltimore Ravens*
Sunday, Dec. 27 Cleveland Browns*
Sunday, Jan. 3 Oakland Raiders*

First 4 games: We SHOULD go 2-2. We could go 1-3 and it wouldn't be the end of the world

Next 4 games: This I think is where our season will get made. We have to build up a lot of wins here, because there are too many tough teams and nasty road trips down the line that will trip us up once or twice. It would be REALLY nice to go 4-0 in this stretch. This minimum we should expect is 3-1 if we only go 1-3 in the first four games. Going less than 3-1 here would be pretty terrible for us

Next 4 games: I'm honestly not holding my breath for anything. We've been a terrible division team ever since Marty left. That fucking sucks DICK that we have all three road division games in one 4-game stretch. Outside of losing the home game to London, this was the worst thing the NFL has done to us scheduling-wise in a LONG time. This is where we could get fucked up pretty bad. I'm thinking we'll go 1-3 in this stretch, with the distinct possibility of 0-4. That's why we've really got to rack up the wins in the early part of the season. 6-2 before the bye is something we've got to try to achieve. We can still work with 5-3, but 4-4 is going to fuck us over pretty hard. If we get out of this quarter of the season at 2-2, holy balls shit, I'll consider ourselves pretty goddamn fortunate.

Last 4 games: Still pretty tricky. If we've shown ourselves to be a mediocre team, we'll probably be mostly out of the playoff running by the time we get Cleveland at home. We're going to need to go 3-1.

All things considered, I think the first part of our schedule is actually the easiest. That's when we need to be putting wins together, because we get zero favors after the bye.

staylor26
08-13-2015, 01:29 PM

First 4 games: We SHOULD go 2-2. We could go 1-3 and it wouldn't be the end of the world

Next 4 games: This I think is where our season will get made. We have to build up a lot of wins here, because there are too many tough teams and nasty road trips down the line that will trip us up once or twice. It would be REALLY nice to go 4-0 in this stretch. This minimum we should expect is 3-1 if we only go 1-3 in the first four games. Going less than 3-1 here would be pretty terrible for us

Next 4 games: I'm honestly not holding my breath for anything. We've been a terrible division team ever since Marty left. That ****ing sucks DICK that we have all three road division games in one 4-game stretch. Outside of losing the home game to London, this was the worst thing the NFL has done to us scheduling-wise in a LONG time. This is where we could get ****ed up pretty bad. I'm thinking we'll go 1-3 in this stretch, with the distinct possibility of 0-4. That's why we've really got to rack up the wins in the early part of the season. 6-2 before the bye is something we've got to try to achieve. We can still work with 5-3, but 4-4 is going to **** us over pretty hard. If we get out of this quarter of the season at 2-2, holy balls shit, I'll consider ourselves pretty goddamn fortunate.

Last 4 games: Still pretty tricky. If we've shown ourselves to be a mediocre team, we'll probably be mostly out of the playoff running by the time we get Cleveland at home. We're going to need to go 3-1.

All things considered, I think the first part of our schedule is actually the easiest. That's when we need to be putting wins together, because we get zero favors after the bye.

Yea there's a couple brutal stretches there, but I honestly think this team can beat anyone and I'm not the least bit worried. Bring em all on and let's see what this team has.

RealSNR
AND how many last Season had us beating Seattle and New England? You are assuming all teams will stay healthy....it rarely plays out like people think. In 2013...People were saying KC was going to get killed by NY and Dallas to start the season.

Those were both home games.

All of our really tough challenges are on the road this year, and we get one fewer home game to make up the difference in difficulty.

This team either needs to learn how to start consistently winning its division games or it needs to learn how to eliminate shitty games like the Tennessee and Arizona losses last year.

The Franchise
He's not quite as bad as SOME people :evil:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HOLTZ.jpg

LMAO

Mr. Laz
08-13-2015, 01:32 PM
And we can get Alex to pass downfield

imo the 2 things are related

The better the protection by the Oline the more confident Alex will be about passing downfield and the more time the WR have to get "more" open which also helps Smith.

Oline is very,very important when your QB is not elite.

MotherfuckerJones
08-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Listen here Mother****er, we're not only going to beat Denver but we're going to beat Denver twice. Not only that but we're going to end Fiveheads career. You got that Mother****er !!!!!

Go it coach!! Go team go! Imknow we can beat Denver. Like I've said, it's our biggest game on the schedule. Big brother is coming into arrowhead. It's time to kick him in the nuts then uppercut him as he's falling to the ground! Flawless victory!!

Mav
08-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Gil Brandt is like 90.

lol

Yeah because that's relevant. You're 33 and full blown retarded.

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2015, 02:06 PM
The only thing that concerns me about the schedule is giving up a home game to London and playing the Broncos on three days rest (which of course, they'll be playing, too).

Other than that, meh. Most teams in the NFL are pretty good, too.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-13-2015, 02:07 PM
imo the 2 things are related

The better the protection by the Oline the more confident Alex will be about passing downfield and the more time the WR have to get "more" open which also helps Smith.

Oline is very,very important when your QB is not elite.

The combination of better receivers (speed and hands) and at least a 1 second gain of protected pocket time, we should be good.

Mr. Laz
08-13-2015, 02:30 PM
The combination of better receivers (speed and hands) and at least a 1 second gain of protected pocket time, we should be good.

Agreed, IF that is what happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Everyone is a champ in August.

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Everyone is a champ in August.

Especially the Jets

Psyko Tek
08-13-2015, 10:45 PM

hey I got $5 on winning the superbowl
at 30 to 1 I could get a good meal, with drinks
TO THE SHIP

Psyko Tek
08-13-2015, 10:49 PM

the only way we get into the play offs is D and Jamal
once reid decides he is an offensive genious again and starts throwing
we are fucked
this team could do a decent play off run playing to strengths
JC, Nile, Kelce, but an offensive genious wants to throw the ball this is why the pats won the last superbowl, and will kill this team

Gadzooks
08-13-2015, 10:59 PM
OP tl:dr

Discuss Thrower
08-13-2015, 11:01 PM

Next 4 games: I'm honestly not holding my breath for anything. We've been a terrible division team ever since Marty left. That fucking sucks DICK that we have all three road division games in one 4-game stretch. Outside of losing the home game to London, this was the worst thing the NFL has done to us scheduling-wise in a LONG time. This is where we could get fucked up pretty bad. I'm thinking we'll go 1-3 in this stretch, with the distinct possibility of 0-4. That's why we've really got to rack up the wins in the early part of the season. 6-2 before the bye is something we've got to try to achieve. We can still work with 5-3, but 4-4 is going to fuck us over pretty hard. If we get out of this quarter of the season at 2-2, holy balls shit, I'll consider ourselves pretty goddamn fortunate.

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/

Go nuts.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Gil Brandt is like 90.

lol

Chiefs win ten, you eat a bug...out of his depends

-King-
08-14-2015, 12:53 AM
we are fucked
JC, Nile, Kelce, but an offensive genious wants to throw the ball this is why the pats won the last superbowl, and will kill this team

There's nothing with us being a pass heavy offense. Only times Reid needs to reign it in is on 3rd and short situations and goal line plays. Other than that, I have no problem with how often he passes the ball. When Jamaal was fully healthy in 2013, he had an MVP caliber season and we were 6th in points scored. He played injured last year and Reid stopped drawing up pass plays for him and our offense declined.

Imagine Maclin, Kelce, Wilson, Charles, and/or DAT/Conley all running routes at once. That's scary as fuck for the defense.
Posted via Mobile Device

MTG#10
08-14-2015, 03:18 AM
This team will go as far as the O-line will let them. If we get even average performance from the O-line we will win the division.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 05:39 AM
Especially the Jets

And the Bucs too!

Hammock Parties
08-14-2015, 07:18 AM
There's nothing with us being a pass heavy offense.

lol

we aren't even close to being one, though

last year we were 28th in passing attempts

i SHUDDER to think what the offense would be if we tried to be pass heavy.

Hammock Parties
08-14-2015, 07:20 AM
Chiefs win ten, you eat a bug...out of his depends

Alright, this has become a thing, so I'll do it. But only if you agree to eat a bug if they win LESS than 10 games.

Deal?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 07:23 AM
lol

we aren't even close to being one, though

last year we were 28th in passing attempts

i SHUDDER to think what the offense would be if we tried to be pass heavy.

No no no...Alex has receivers he can TRUST now!

Get ready for AIR AXL! w00t!

Can you picture it?! Mighty passes of 10, perhaps even 15 YARDS!

I AM EXCITED, BRAH!!!!

Mr. Laz
08-14-2015, 09:23 AM
This team will go as far as the O-line will let them. If we get even average performance from the O-line we will win the division.

The entire season is almost hinging on whether Jeff Allen is a decent right tackle or not.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 11:22 AM
The entire season is almost hinging on whether Jeff Allen is a decent right tackle or not.

Then the season is over before it began, because Allen is a flaming bag of ostrich turd.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Then the season is over before it began, because Allen is a flaming bag of ostrich turd.

No, but level of the team's success is going to coincide with the performance level of the Oline. RT is a huge question mark and key on the Oline.

RunKC
08-14-2015, 03:23 PM
No, but level of the team's success is going to coincide with the performance level of the Oline. RT is a huge question mark and key on the Oline.

Yeah it's all on the OL. When the OL played well last year we did some real damage. NE, SEA and OAK home games were the best OL performances and those were our 3 best offensive games.

BigChiefFan
08-14-2015, 03:30 PM
We should start off at 3-1. No team is unbeatable. This is a good Chiefs team.

ViperVisor
08-14-2015, 03:46 PM

I've said it before...the AFC North has to play the NFC West/AFC West. They probably only send one team to the PO this year. If the NFC South wasnt so lame last year...KC would have made the PO. It's the only reason they sent 3 teams last year..

Smart people are seeing Baltimore fall back after a fluky good season from their fluky QB and not getting to play a garbage schedule like 2014.

Deberg_1990
08-14-2015, 03:53 PM
This is a good solid team. I can see us winning 10-12 games.

The offense is always going to be up and down with A Smith at the helm, but hes decent enough.

That Defense should be killer though...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Defend consistent underachiever, blame O-line and receiver, lather, rinse, repeater.

KC Chiefs '15.

BigChiefFan
08-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Defend consistent underachiever, blame O-line and receiver, lather, rinse, repeater.

KC Chiefs '15.

It's a fucking game, not life or death. If you don't enjoy it, maybe you should find something that makes you happy. Life is too short to be miserable and bitch about everything that doesn't go your way.

Mav
08-14-2015, 05:04 PM

KC Chiefs '15.

I eagerly await your defense of the oline.

Anyong Bluth
08-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Pull a Denver. Creatively circumvent the salary cap and get some OLINE talent, win a SB, get caught and say sorry with almost no real repurcussions.

Anyong Bluth
08-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Very encouraging read.

Do you know if it is available on demand? The Sirius app started offering a bunch of stuff to listen at your leisure.

Anyong Bluth
08-14-2015, 05:24 PM
The entire staff and front office should be fired for not taking Geno At 1.1 /CP

DFA

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 07:21 PM
It's a fucking game, not life or death. If you don't enjoy it, maybe you should find something that makes you happy. Life is too short to be miserable and bitch about everything that doesn't go your way.

I'm sorry; did I strike a truthy nerve?

There is no misery, only contempt. And I LOVE my contempt.
I eagerly await your defense of the oline.

There will be none.

milkman
08-14-2015, 09:13 PM
we are ****ed

You do realize that playing to the strength of Kelce that Chiefs have to throw the ball, right?

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2015, 09:43 PM
There will be none.

So let me get this straight, just so I'm clear: You were against the Chiefs drafting an offensive lineman in the first round and any time before the 4th, IIRC, yet if the line sucks this year, it's because they suck.

Is that right?

MotherfuckerJones
08-14-2015, 09:43 PM
You do realize that playing to the strength of Kelce that Chiefs have to throw the ball, right?

This offense has to make plays in the passing game. If Maclin and Kelce go ham, look out. Could be the most improved offense in the NFL

MotherfuckerJones
08-14-2015, 09:44 PM
So let me get this straight, just so I'm clear: You were against the Chiefs drafting an offensive lineman in the first round and any time before the 4th, IIRC, yet if the line sucks this year, it's because they suck.

Is that right?

He's clays little gremlin. Pay him no mind.

Smed1065
08-14-2015, 09:57 PM
The oft-criticized unit allowed 49 sacks in 2014, seventh-most in the NFL. But the group also helped pick up 4.6 rushing yards per carry, tied for the third-best average in the league, matching the 49ers and -- notably -- the Cowboys and their lauded line.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 10:06 PM

Is that right?

No.

I am against drafting first round linemen for convenience, especially if you created a roster spot just so you could grab said convenience.

(In this case, the "convenience" is in reality a useless sack of shit and will likely remain so)

Your first round fatty must have the potential to shake Wang's Pillars of Heaven, no exceptions. Tables must be banged like Vailpass hitting teen barflys.

Beyond that, I prefer 3rd round forward though obviously the 2nd round combined with your rosters needs must be taken in to consideration. Never let a passed on gem get by you, especially if your line sucks monkey balls.

So, the Morse pick, and my beloved fatty bastard-child, can be forgiven.

To your question:

If the line sucks, it's because money was shelled out prematurely to secure the services of a ( by league standards ) elderly, game-managing scrub, and the organization should absolutely be ashamed of this nonsense.

Prior to backing up the Brinks truck for fuck-head, the Chiefs were experiencing an O-line that was starting to come in to it's own and gel as a unit. Did I mention they were young and had plenty of years to grow and get better? Thanks.

But God-forbid we do anything to keep that unit intact; let's get Alex some millions before Cleveland snatches him away at the end of 2015! lol.

Or, or, we get a better deal due to his 2014...um...."performance"?

As 2014 clearly demonstrated, what a grand and wise move the Chiefs made in extending Smith; shit, that boy was absolutely on fire! Thank God Almighty we locked his ass UP, amirite?!!?!?

How the fuck can you possibly replace that production?

I guess the other option was to let Houston walk....LMAOLMAOLMAO

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

But I'll say this:

Dorsey seems to know what he's doing, and he doesn't panic by spending valuable draft capital on a Sacc wet dream of Fatty Merry-Go-Round, so there's that.

They'll just have to fill holes and finish building that line slowly and wisely, and hopefully have something solid for Smith's replacement.

So we can actually play some offense one day.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Did I just sell you a fucking car, or what? :)

Saccopoo
08-14-2015, 10:14 PM
The oft-criticized unit allowed 49 sacks in 2014, seventh-most in the NFL. But the group also helped pick up 4.6 rushing yards per carry, tied for the third-best average in the league, matching the 49ers and -- notably -- the Cowboys and their lauded line.

http://i1.wp.com/gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Manti-Teo-whiffs-on-Jamaal-Charles-b.gif?resize=500%2C245

The group didn't help jack shit.

Charles is just that good.

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2015, 10:20 PM
No.

Thanks! :thumb:

Saccopoo
08-14-2015, 10:27 PM
If the line sucks, it's because money was shelled out prematurely to secure the services of a ( by league standards ) elderly, game-managing scrub, and the organization should absolutely be ashamed of this nonsense.

Dude, there was no other option other than getting a substantially worse product that what Smith offered at the position, whether that be in the draft or free agency.

And that's been the case since the Smith signing.

He's still been the best option at the position that this team has had.

Truth.

I can't see why you continue to go fucking berserk every goddamn day, 37 times a day, about this issue when the answer is exactly what it is: that Smith was and is the best option for this team at the QB position for this system.

You should be pretty fucking happy about it actually.

Any other option is a massive downgrade in product performance and overall end result.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Dude, there was no other option other than getting a substantially worse product that what Smith offered at the position, whether that be in the draft or free agency.

And that's been the case since the Smith signing.

He's still been the best option at the position that this team has had.

Truth.

I can't see why you continue to go fucking berserk every goddamn day, 37 times a day, about this issue when the answer is exactly what it is: that Smith was and is the best option for this team at the QB position for this system.

You should be pretty fucking happy about it actually.

Any other option is a massive downgrade in product performance and overall end result.

You had to pay him a year early because...........

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Thanks! :thumb:

LMAO

Rausch
08-14-2015, 10:33 PM
http://i1.wp.com/gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Manti-Teo-whiffs-on-Jamaal-Charles-b.gif?resize=500%2C245

This...

MotherfuckerJones
08-14-2015, 10:54 PM

That was nasty! Lol Charles has been making this oline look better ever since he took over for LJ.

RunKC
08-14-2015, 10:59 PM
Wtf is Stephenson doing in that gif?

Smed1065
08-14-2015, 11:14 PM
The Backside Bump!

Mav
08-14-2015, 11:19 PM
You had to pay him a year early because...........

Because typically you don't let your (andy's) franchise qb be a lame duck. That's why.

Saccopoo
08-14-2015, 11:40 PM

WTF is any of them doing in that gif? Albert, Allen, Stephenson...all of them. Just horrible.

That is some of the worst blocking I've ever seen.

And Charles breaks it off in the defenses ass. Because he's Charles. Dude has run behind some real dogshit lines his whole career and he's still the NFL's historical YPC leader.

That's deranged talent.

And this might be the best line he's ever had, even with the initial warts. And weapons that other defenses are going to have to respect in Kelce and Maclin. He'll have more chances this year than he's ever had.

Dude has a chance at legendary this season.

MotherfuckerJones
08-15-2015, 12:04 AM

He fucked up therefore was just trying to wall off defenders lol

MotherfuckerJones
08-15-2015, 12:06 AM
Personally, I've never understood the hype about with Stephenson. He's just not that good. Pilot should have been fired for that move alone.

BIG K
08-15-2015, 12:18 AM
WTF is any of them doing in that gif? Albert, Allen, Stephenson...all of them. Just horrible.

That is some of the worst blocking I've ever seen.

And Charles breaks it off in the defenses ass. Because he's Charles. Dude has run behind some real dogshit lines his whole career and he's still the NFL's historical YPC leader.

That's deranged talent.

And this might be the best line he's ever had, even with the initial warts. And weapons that other defenses are going to have to respect in Kelce and Maclin. He'll have more chances this year than he's ever had.

Dude has a chance at legendary this season.

JC is going to do well no matter what, he's that awesome. But your right, if he actually has a line to follow, he can be magical this season...

MotherfuckerJones
08-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Charles need to have a monster season. I could die a happy man seeing him hold up the Lombardi trophy. This could be a special season if things went right for once. Berry's headline could spark a magical run. Let's hope that gives this team the ultimate will.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Personally, I've never understood the hype about with Stephenson. He's just not that good. Pilot should have been fired for that move alone.

Stephenson played lights out in 2013 in place of Albert and he was a better right tackle than Fisher.

Unfortunately, the HGH or steroids or whatever he was doing gave him confidence in his game, something that's been sorely lacking since his suspension.

But, he was good.

ModSocks
08-15-2015, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately, the HGH or steroids or whatever he was doing gave him confidence in his game, something that's been sorely lacking since his suspension.

But, he was good.

Yeah, "confidence". Uhuh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2015, 07:55 AM
Because typically you don't let your (andy's) franchise qb be a lame duck. That's why.

Dumb and childish.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Lil Chiefy smells that smoke at Bandanas and gets wood

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Lil Chiefy smells that smoke at Bandanas and gets wood

"Lil' Chiefy's in the lot will NEVER die...only multiply":

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbolm3aK8E1qer9jwo1_500.png

Mav
08-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Dumb and childish.

Not my philo. That's the leagues. Aaron Rodgers didn't play his final year, Russell Wilson, cam.

Now don't even waste the cyberspace to say "Alex smith isn't on their level!!!!!"

I know that you know that. Andy Reid thinks that. So there's that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Not my philo. That's the leagues. Aaron Rodgers didn't play his final year, Russell Wilson, cam.

Now don't even waste the cyberspace to say "Alex smith isn't on their level!!!!!"

I know that you know that. Andy Reid thinks that. So there's that.

Andy Reid thinks about cheeseburgers.

Simply Red
08-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Because you're from Missouri and they have to show you?

Mav
08-15-2015, 10:30 AM
Andy Reid thinks about cheeseburgers.

I like cheeseburger.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Because you're from Missouri and they have to show you?

Sweet sig. It's the year of Zombieo!!!

Simply Red
08-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Sweet sig. It's the year of Zombieo!!!

very kind - thks!