PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Doggity Report: The Dogg is Back

gblowfish
08-14-2015, 09:15 PM
You can read his stuff here:
http://doggitychiefs.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-four-seasons.html

MMXcalibur
08-14-2015, 09:16 PM
I remember reading the game reports long before I came to ChiefsPlanet.
Thanks for the link/bookmark.

go bo
08-14-2015, 09:21 PM
too hard to read...

needs a different format, larger type, something...

gblowfish
08-14-2015, 09:25 PM
too hard to read...

Break out your reading glasses, old dude!

The Four Seasons
As every football fan knows, there are four seasons - preseason, regular season, postseason and offseason.

Our long-suffering offseason is nearly over. Saturday night the 2015 Chiefs will smack pads for the first time since the bitter end of the 2014 campaign over eight long months ago.

Here is what I will be looking for:

Offense:
Has the line really improved as much as everyone is predicting? Do they hold their blocks, to they move with the pocket, do they seal their running lanes? Last week, one of the greatest linemen (and greatest human beings) to ever wear the red and gold was inducted into Canton. I remember that line. They were a force that no defense had an answer for. When Priest Holmes was tearing up the turf and Trent Green went through games with a jersey so pristine that didn't even need the laundry after his perfect spirals to Tony Gonzalez. We may never see its likes again. I don't hold this group to that standard, but they have to be better than 26th in the league in pass protection this year.

Has the upgrade to the receiving corps really made a difference? And directly related to that, can Alex Smith throw that pretty Trent Green spiral down the field if he has time and a receiver he believes in?

Is Jamaal really LeBron?

Defense:
The new kids in the secondary will get a test against a pretty good offense.

Is Eric Berry back? Man, what a story. I may have to go buy his jersey, just because.

Is Derrick Johnson back? He is a force that was badly missed last year.

Is Mike DeVito back? Without Poe early in the year, we need him.

The pass rush - Tamba is getting older, does he still have gas in the tank? Justin is the mosquito who just hit an artery. How many times have we seen a guy who is a beast in a contract year, but way too fat and happy after he inks the deal?

Specials:
We still have the best punter in the NFL. Can the Brazilian midget make the kicks under the new rules? After the preseason video the Chiefs sent out, I really think owner Clark Hunt should handle PATs this year. That boy's got leg!

DAT - is he the real deal for returns?

Honestly, I don't expect that much on Saturday. But it's always nice to see the guys who may be your next Jake from State Farm get to play fantasy camp.

Welcome back to the Kingdom!

Your faithful scribe,

MrDoggity.

KC_Lee
08-14-2015, 09:42 PM
too hard to read...

The background was killing it for me. Seriously, larger images or less tiles.