PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric Fisher?

BoneKrusher
08-17-2015, 08:45 AM
oops, should've been posted in the TC Mega Thread, sorry.

Bob Dole
08-17-2015, 08:50 AM
SEASON OVER!

FlaChief58
08-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Good, he sucks / cp

Simply Red
08-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Sucks though.

wazu
08-17-2015, 09:43 AM

No, an injury to a key starter and #1 overall pick who we are hoping turns a corner is worthy of its own thread. Mega threads are dumb.

jonzie04
08-17-2015, 09:50 AM
SEASON OVER!

I know his injury doesn't sound to serious but man...As crazy as it sounds, losing Fisher for a long period would be pretty devastating. Never thought I'd say that, But jeez Stephenson/Allen/Pughsley at LT is a terrifying thought.

O.city
08-17-2015, 10:26 AM
He's having an MRI on it, so it's probably more serious than a basic sprain

MTG#10
08-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Never thought I'd say this but losing him even the first couple weeks would be a huge blow. I don't know if it's the recent success of the Royals or what but I just don't have any excitement for this season at all, especially if this already atrocious oline gets even worse.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Man, I know it's not his fault, but I fucking hate this Fisher dude. Two awful years and then gets himself injured this preseason. For a no. 1 overall pick, he's about as reliable as Phobia's asshole after a basket of tomatoes.

thabear04
08-17-2015, 11:12 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/fishertickleGIF.gif

notorious
08-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Nearing Jamarcus territory if he misses a lot of time.

I don't give a fuck if it is due to injury, players need to be on the fucking field.

MIAdragon
08-17-2015, 11:21 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/30/2b/69/302b69b6758137c1a5f0a4dc8bc04161.jpg

Mr. Laz
08-17-2015, 11:28 AM
what the fuck happened?

thabear04
08-17-2015, 11:30 AM
what the **** happened?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> tackle Eric Fisher leaves practice Monday because of ankle sprain: <a href="http://t.co/Nefox56AsL">http://t.co/Nefox56AsL</a></p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/633324113990258688">August 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PhillyChiefFan
Heard on ESPN he was carted off with an ankle injury

Kiimo
Man, I know it's not his fault, but I ****ing hate this Fisher dude. Two awful years and then gets himself injured this preseason. For a no. 1 overall pick, he's about as reliable as Phobia's asshole after a basket of tomatoes.

I don't give a **** if it is due to injury, players need to be on the ****ing field.

:shake:

notorious
08-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Only an ankle? Good.

Maybe he can come back and actually contribute this year.

-King-
08-17-2015, 11:46 AM

I don't give a fuck if it is due to injury, players need to be on the fucking field.

:spock:

Mr. Laz
08-17-2015, 11:48 AM
ankle is better injury than shoulder or back

a low sprain can go away in a few days

it does seem like Fisher might be a bit of a pussy

we'll see

oh and fuck megathreads

ptlyon
08-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Who Nancy Kerrigan'd his ass?

notorious
08-17-2015, 11:55 AM
1st pick in a draft, and what has he done to be defended by you guys?

Jack shit.

saphojunkie
08-17-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure about 300 lb offensive linemen, but in my experience with pickup basketball, if you can walk on the ankle within ten minutes, you're going to be fine. It tightens up, it hurts, but then it goes away.

If you can't walk on it within ten minutes, you won't walk on it for weeks.

Clearly, I'm a doctor.

saphojunkie
08-17-2015, 11:58 AM

Jack shit.

Nothing, really. But I thought he looked good in the preseason game, and there are reasons to at least hope for a strong third year.

Bufkin
08-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Dammit Eric, I've been vouching for your ass for the last 2 years. Get that thing taped up and go kick some ass.

pr_capone
08-17-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure about 300 lb offensive linemen, but in my experience with pickup basketball, if you can walk on the ankle within ten minutes, you're going to be fine. It tightens up, it hurts, but then it goes away.

Clearly, I'm a doctor.

As a former 300+ lb guy who actively played sports and an ankle that rolls on a stiff breeze... It is still the same.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2015, 12:09 PM

Jack shit.

He's a Chief, people hope he works out.

fuck off

Beef Supreme
08-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Rub some dirt on it.

DaFace
08-17-2015, 12:27 PM
The fact that someone felt the need to apologize for posting this is indicative of what's wrong with this place.

penguinz
08-17-2015, 12:43 PM

Clearly, I'm a doctor.One of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2015, 12:45 PM
No new info, just something that came across my twitter feed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> LT Eric Fisher suffers ankle injury, carted off, MRI to determine specifics. Lost RT James Allen to knee injury in preseason game</p>&mdash; Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/633340725913104384">August 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

Kiimo
08-17-2015, 12:46 PM
One of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

I found it to be wildly in-line with my basketball experiences.

Lzen
08-17-2015, 12:48 PM

Clearly, I'm a doctor.

That sounds about right. I have played a ton of hoops over the years. Even when I've had a serious sprain (3 times), I was back to playing about 2 weeks later, albeit with an ankle splint. You won't be back 100% for a few weeks/months, but you can play and do well even with a major sprain.

penguinz
08-17-2015, 12:48 PM

It is all about pain thresh-holds. IMO he should be able to tape/brace it and practice tomorrow. But we do not know his ability to play with pain.

Lzen
08-17-2015, 12:50 PM
No new info, just something that came across my twitter feed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> LT Eric Fisher suffers ankle injury, carted off, MRI to determine specifics. Lost RT James Allen to knee injury in preseason game</p>&mdash; Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/633340725913104384">August 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

We lost another tackle? Geez, between this guy and Fisher and Jeff Allen we must be getting pretty thin at that position.

Lzen
08-17-2015, 12:51 PM
One of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

I'm gonna guess that you don't play sports. :spock:

08-17-2015, 12:51 PM
It is all about pain thresh-holds. IMO he should be able to tape/brace it and practice tomorrow. But we do not know his ability to play with pain.

One of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today

Kiimo
08-17-2015, 12:52 PM

Oh hey, that's the dumbest thing I've read today.

edit: dammit!

-King-
08-17-2015, 12:53 PM

Yeahhhhh

No.
Posted via Mobile Device

penguinz
08-17-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm gonna guess that you don't play sports. :spock:You are hilarious. I would bet I am one of the most active people on this board.

Saying if you can put weight on it within 10 minutes is about the most hack thing I have read here about injuries.

Kiimo
08-17-2015, 12:55 PM
It's the difference between a sprain and something more serious, don't over-think it.

Lzen
08-17-2015, 12:56 PM
You are hilarious. I would bet I am one of the most active people on this board.

Saying if you can put weight on it within 10 minutes is about the most hack thing I have read here about injuries.

5 other people are plainly disagreeing with you. You are definitely full of crap.

Now I would say that technically, it's more like less than 5 minutes. But that's splitting hairs. Speaking from personal experience, when I've had severe sprains, there was no walking on it. It was just not possible. Nobody has that kind of pain threshold. Your body sends you that pain for good reason, so that you don't make the injury worse.

Reerun_KC
08-17-2015, 01:00 PM
I can see this franchise wasting another 1st round pick on a LT next year...

MTG#10
08-17-2015, 01:01 PM
The fact that someone felt the need to apologize for posting this is indicative of what's wrong with this place.

oh and fuck megathreads

These

Pablo
08-17-2015, 01:02 PM
I can see this franchise wasting another 1st round pick on a LT next year...I can only hope it's another MAC pussy.

penguinz
08-17-2015, 01:02 PM
5 other people are plainly disagreeing with you. You are definitely full of crap.

Now I would say that technically, it's more like less than 5 minutes. But that's splitting hairs. Speaking from personal experience, when I've had severe sprains, there was no walking on it. It was just not possible. Nobody has that kind of pain threshold. Your body sends you that pain for good reason, so that you don't make the injury worse.
I basically have no ligaments left in my ankle. Last was a 3rd degree (complete tear) sprain a few days before Memorial day. Able to jog, no where near as fast as before I tore it, with a heavy brace two days later.

Pain thresh-holds are a big part of it.

pr_capone
08-17-2015, 01:24 PM
I basically have no ligaments left in my ankle. Last was a 3rd degree (complete tear) sprain a few days before Memorial day. Able to jog, no where near as fast as before I tore it, with a heavy brace two days later.

Excellent... now were you able to move bi-laterally while simultaneously fending off a 280lb DE in either pass or run protection?

If not, your jogging analogy means shit.

penguinz
08-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Excellent... now were you able to move bi-laterally while simultaneously fending off a 280lb DE in either pass or run protection?

If not, your jogging analogy means shit.
That was not even the argument.

pr_capone
08-17-2015, 01:35 PM
That was not even the argument.

I get your argument. Pain tolerance. What everyone is telling you, though, is that there is FAR more than pain tolerance involved in his type of injury.

Yes... a light sprain and he can likely tape up and go at almost 100%. A severe sprain can sideline him for weeks, not because of pain tolerance, but because his ankle is too ****ed up for him to play on... even if he can withstand the pain. The dude isn't going out for a light jog... he is pushing and pulling on multiple 280+ pound dudes with nothing but violence on their minds.

While playing football I had my ankle rolled up badly. I sat out about 10 minutes and was then able to go back into the game. Afterwards my mom takes me to the hospital where we find out I had played the remainder of the game with a hairline fracture. My pain tolerance dictated I was fine to play but I obviously wasn't. I could have aggravated that injury to the point of a compound fracture.

On the flip side... I sprained my ankle on a pretty consistent basis and was typically able to apply tape and keep going.

So there... now we have contradicting personal stories about leg/ankle injury.

penguinz
08-17-2015, 01:38 PM
I get your argument. Pain tolerance. What everyone is telling you, though, is that there is FAR more than pain tolerance involved in his type of injury.

Yes... a light sprain and he can likely tape up and go at almost 100%. A severe sprain can sideline him for weeks, not because of pain tolerance, but because his ankle is too ****ed up for him to play on... even if he can withstand the pain. The dude isn't going out for a light jog... he is pushing and pulling on multiple 280+ pound dudes with nothing but violence on their minds.

While playing football I had my ankle rolled up badly. I sat out about 10 minutes and was then able to go back into the game. Afterwards my mom takes me to the hospital where we find out I had played the remainder of the game with a hairline fracture. My pain tolerance dictated I was fine to play but I obviously wasn't. I could have aggravated that injury to the point of a compound fracture.

On the flip side... I sprained my ankle on a pretty consistent basis and was typically able to apply tape and keep going.

So there... now we have contradicting personal stories about leg/ankle injury.You can not compare what you did as a youngster to what goes on in the NFL. Between bracing/tape, injections and personal thresh-holds it is highly likely he could play the next game if it was a REAL game.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2015, 01:41 PM
That sounds about right. I have played a ton of hoops over the years. Even when I've had a serious sprain (3 times), I was back to playing about 2 weeks later, albeit with an ankle splint. You won't be back 100% for a few weeks/months, but you can play and do well even with a major sprain.

That's been my takeaway.

The ankle will likely be stiff and a little uncomfortable for months, but even a fairly severe sprain (provided it's on the outside of the ankle, not the inside) really shouldn't be something that keeps him from being able to play for more than a week or so. My worst sprain in HS had me in a boot for a week, I could play a week after that and for about 9 months after that I didn't really have full range of motion down there but it wasn't the end of the world; mostly just an annoyance.

With some tape and adrenaline, the ankle stiffness and discomfort will just fade into the background on gamedays, of course provided that it was just a sprain and nothing else was damaged in the process.

pr_capone
08-17-2015, 01:52 PM
You can not compare what you did as a youngster to what goes on in the NFL. Between bracing/tape, injections and personal thresh-holds it is highly likely he could play the next game if it was a REAL game.

I argue that you cannot compare your light jog to what this guy does either. So either we both have a modicum of experience on the matter or we are both clueless.

While I agree that I wasn't playing football at the NFL level when I had my injury, as a youngster, I contend that my experience is far more relevant as I was actually playing football (FB so I was blocking, carrying, and running routes) while you jogged. The repetitive motion of jogging does not hold a candle to the crazy amounts of pressure being applied from constantly changing angles that come from playing king of the hill 60 times in a game.

I agree that he more than likely could tape up and play if this is just a sprain... but to simply dismiss the statement about pressure after 5/10 minutes is silly. If your body is still screaming at you 10 minutes after spraining your ankle it is a very bad idea to tape it up and keep going.

Could he tape it up and play? Probably.

Should he? Definitely not. Depending on the severity of the sprain I wouldn't be against sitting him out for a regular season game.

O.city
08-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Some here underestimate the amount and level of medical staff professional sports teams have.

penguinz
08-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Some here underestimate the amount and level of medical staff professional sports teams have.

A pro sports medical staff has nothing on someone who played pickup basketball. :p

Kiimo
08-17-2015, 02:08 PM
What does that have to do with it? Sapho was using his basketball experiences as a way of viewers like us trying to ascertain how long we think he'll be out. Then you come in and basically say rub some dirt on it, pussy. Now you're talking about leave it to the medical staff. You can't decide what point you're wanting to make.

Lzen
08-17-2015, 02:10 PM
A pro sports medical staff has nothing on someone who played pickup basketball. :p

Clueless.

penguinz
08-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Clueless.Yes you are.

Big Tedd
08-17-2015, 03:08 PM
I hope it turns out to be an injury that he can recover from quickly. The Chiefs need this guy.

Mav
08-17-2015, 03:12 PM
You are hilarious. I would bet I am one of the most active people on this board.

Nope. Clay is.

Mav
08-17-2015, 03:14 PM
I can only hope it's another MAC pussy.

In fairness, again. At the time most of the board was fine with the Mac pussy, as long as it wasn't the sec pussy.

RINGLEADER
08-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Can someone please post the draft day Fisher selection gif already?

thabear04
08-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Can someone please post the draft day Fisher selection gif already?

http://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

RINGLEADER
08-17-2015, 03:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/49mvWkYMTyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thabear04
08-17-2015, 03:21 PM
I like this one.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/kacie-mcdonnell-and-aaron-murray-watching-the-draft.gif?w=1000

RINGLEADER
08-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Looks like Allen Bailey got him...

wazu
08-17-2015, 03:22 PM

That's the shortened version without the fis pump.

thabear04
08-17-2015, 03:23 PM
That's the shortened version without the fis pump.

They have this one

http://i.imgur.com/cxM5gKA.gif

Ming the Merciless

nah this is thread worthy

in fact I hate the mega thread..its stupid.

I would rather NOT have a megathread about anything chiefs related.

I'm fine with wwe and royals and food megathreads, but chiefs?

Having a megathread about chiefs stuff , especially as big of a topic as training camp...well..its megaGAY imo

loochy
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/49mvWkYMTyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

who knew that a sore vag would make someone limp like that?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2015, 06:11 PM
2nd round fatties are impervious to this nonsense.

Mitch Morse.

DaNewGuy
08-17-2015, 06:43 PM

Clearly, I'm a doctor.

My middle school b-ball coach said something similar to this.

beach tribe
08-17-2015, 06:48 PM

Yup. I had a lot of ankle problems in HS football, and that's about how it goes.

beach tribe
08-17-2015, 06:50 PM
nah this is thread worthy

in fact I hate the mega thread..its stupid.

I would rather NOT have a megathread about anything chiefs related.

I'm fine with wwe and royals and food megathreads, but chiefs?

Having a megathread about chiefs stuff , especially as big of a topic as training camp...well..its megaGAY imo

Had it only been in the mega-thread I would have never seen it. don't have time to be reading through all that. I hardly ever open it.

beach tribe
08-17-2015, 06:57 PM

Yet, it's completely true.

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2015, 06:59 PM
I like this one.

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/kacie-mcdonnell-and-aaron-murray-watching-the-draft.gif?w=1000

Poor mans Matt Stafford behind him

beach tribe
08-17-2015, 07:00 PM

Let's just hope he's as tough as you.:rolleyes:

penguinz
08-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Let's just hope he's as tough as you.:rolleyes:
I would hope he is. ;)

xztop123
08-17-2015, 07:25 PM
I used to sprain my ankle all the time.

My worst was playing basketball in timberland boots and landing on the side of the boot coming down from a rebound.

My pain was intense though and i was punching the ground for 15 seconds, Fisher doesnt look to be that bad

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2015, 07:28 PM
I used to sprain my ankle all the time.

My worst was playing basketball in timberland boots and landing on the side of the boot coming down from a rebound.

My pain was intense though and i was punching the ground for 15 seconds, Fisher doesnt look to be that bad

ROFL I played basketball with a buddy who thought it was smart to play barefoot. Needless to say he had a blister then it tore and was missing a chunk of skin off his toe. Lol

BigChiefFan
08-17-2015, 07:32 PM
The Chiefs lost left tackle Eric Fisher to a sprained ankle early in Monday's practice, and it is unclear how long the former No. 1 overall draft pick will be out. Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he would undergo an MRI exam to determine the extent of the injury.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-17-2015, 07:33 PM
My worst was playing basketball in timberland boots....

:spock:

You deserved to get hurt.

Coochie liquor
08-17-2015, 07:34 PM
I can only hope after he's drafted his plane goes down over the Everglades with Reerun on board.

I feel the exact same! Good call!!

SeeingRed
08-17-2015, 09:29 PM
horrible news....losing your starting left tackle is never good...but although he seems to have gotten better, I wouldn't exactly call him irreplaceable. Its a big blow for sure BUT hopefully somebody can take a step up in his absence and hopefully he will be back by season's start. Next man up...now the preseason games suddenly mean a lot at that position. Poe and Fisher gone? well....its not good. :-/ but lets see

Psyko Tek
08-17-2015, 09:49 PM

I always see the guy standing there arms crossed
the guy who knows how fucked we are
if he doesn't post here he should

Psyko Tek
08-17-2015, 09:53 PM
ROFL I played basketball with a buddy who thought it was smart to play barefoot. Needless to say he had a blister then it tore and was missing a chunk of skin off his toe. Lol

you need smarter friends,
unlees you just like to watch the dumbfuckery he is capable of...
then carry on

RunKC
08-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Fisher will likely be back practicing sometime next week at the latest. Give him the time off. I don't give a shit until week 1

BryanBusby
08-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Heh heh Eric Fisher needed to hobble for a MAXI PAD. He needed it for his MASSIVE VAGINA.

He's a big ol PUSSY and I'm a real man that could take his girl while I wipe cheeto dust off my fingers in between CP posts.

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2015, 10:46 PM
you need smarter friends,
unlees you just like to watch the dumbfuckery he is capable of...
then carry on

It was random. He didn't bring shoes to go work out and we ended up shooting some after working out.

Strongside
08-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Well, he walked off...we know it's not broken, obviously.

Assuming the worst, it's a high-ankle sprain and he's out 4-6 weeks. That would put him back out there early in the season.

Hoping for a low-to-mid grade sprain and he's out for a couple weeks...ready to go week one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2015, 04:11 AM
Perhaps the Chiefs should just stay away from round one. Or move all picks to grab a QB.

Yep.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 04:44 AM
Heh heh Eric Fisher needed to hobble for a MAXI PAD. He needed it for his MASSIVE VAGINA.

He's a big ol PUSSY and I'm a real man that could take his girl while I wipe cheeto dust off my fingers in between CP posts.

I'm certain if he stood next to you, you'd be sobbing like a toddler.

Vietnam58
08-18-2015, 04:58 AM
when is the MRI being done? any updates?

whats the latest on Poe? how long is he missing?

-King-
08-18-2015, 05:08 AM
Poor mans Matt Stafford behind him

Heh. That dude really does look like Stafford.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2015, 07:08 AM

Not really. Simply sweep the leg of Eric Fracture, and all's well that ends well.:evil:

RunKC
08-18-2015, 07:13 AM
@Edwerderespn: MRI indicated #Chiefs LT Eric Fisher has ankle sprain as Andy Reid said, but source says player likely out couple weeks

They just said on 810 that he would likely play this weekend if it was the regular season. Good move to rest him up now.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 07:13 AM
Why keep hating on Fisher and hoping for failure?

I want the kid to at least be serviceable so the pick isn't a complete loss.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2015, 07:15 AM
Why keep hating on Fisher and hoping for failure?

I want the kid to at least be serviceable so the pick isn't a complete loss.

Though made of glass, he seems to be improving.

YayMike
08-18-2015, 07:17 AM
@Edwerderespn: MRI indicated #Chiefs LT Eric Fisher has ankle sprain as Andy Reid said, but source says player likely out couple weeks

They just said on 810 that he would likely play this weekend if it was the regular season. Good move to rest him up now.

If he could play this weekend, than there is nothing to worry about. However, I would like to have seen him get the reps with the first team to continue to allow it to gel. My guess is he would've played the first quarter with the other starters, so he loses maybe 3 series.

The only upside is we get to see more of LDT and it will be good to use the pre-season to see what we have just in case there is an injury in the regular season.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Well just got an ESPN alert on phone

Fisher out a couple of weeks with ankle sprain.

One guy that truly needed all the reps he could get. Fisher will be the biggest bust in KC history.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2015, 07:19 AM

One guy that truly needed all the reps he could get. Fisher will be the biggest bust in KC history.

ROFL

YayMike
08-18-2015, 07:24 AM
A couple of weeks, could mean he's ready for the opener. Shame as I would have wanted him to get the reps too. As long as he's ready for Houston!

MotherfuckerJones
08-18-2015, 07:41 AM
He'll be ready for the opener. Calm down. Last thing I expected about the season is people starting to freak out if Fisher gets hurt.

ChiefGator
08-18-2015, 07:49 AM
He could be ready for preseason game 3, which would be nice. If he misses that game, no reason to play him game 4 either really.

O.city
08-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Round the clock treatment. Wouldn't be surprised if he were back next week

O.city
08-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Apparently has working out on the sideline with the other injured guys.

Usually, if they're working out therr during practice, it's not a serious injury

philfree
08-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Two weeks sounds like he'll be back for the last preseason game. He just needs to keep working on the side doing mental reps and then keep up on his strengthening. He should be fine for the opener. Meanwhile the other guys we have are giving the coaches more snaps to evaluate. The optimist in me thinks it's all going to work out for the best.

RunKC
08-18-2015, 08:03 AM
He's putting weight on it, and Allen is putting weight on his knee.

Both will be back soon enough.

pr_capone
08-18-2015, 08:07 AM

Pussy. Should just go for a light jog and let it work itself out...

/penguinz

Red Dawg
08-18-2015, 08:27 AM

Really? He may never be worthy of his draft spot but no way will he be a complete bust much less the biggest but in KC history.

Baldwin, Tyson and many others will always be higher no matter what happens at this point. At least Fisher was considered the best pick we could have made with Joekel being the only other option.

Marcellus
08-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Really? He may never be worthy of his draft spot but no way will he be a complete bust much less the biggest but in KC history.

Baldwin, Tyson and many others will always be higher no matter what happens at this point. At least Fisher was considered the best pick we could have made with Joekel being the only other option.

You are wasting your time with Reerun, he has already spewed that garbage countless times.

He won't be happy if Fisher ends up in the HOF.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Though made of glass, he seems to be improving.

Did you forget how often Albert got dinged?

philfree
08-18-2015, 09:44 AM
Trezel Jenkins was the biggest bust in Chiefs history. No contest!

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Trezel Jenkins was the biggest bust in Chiefs history. No contest!

Just an awful pick. No idea what Carl was thinking here.

wazu
08-18-2015, 10:25 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Fisher has a high ankle sprain. He&#39;s listed as day-to-day per <a href="https://twitter.com/proatc">@proatc</a>.

<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsCamp?src=hash">#ChiefsCamp</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/chiefs/status/633671636873408512">August 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

Mr. Laz
08-18-2015, 10:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Fisher has a high ankle sprain. He&#39;s listed as day-to-day per <a href="https://twitter.com/proatc">@proatc</a>.

<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsCamp?src=hash">#ChiefsCamp</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/chiefs/status/633671636873408512">August 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

shit, high sprain likely means he's out until the regular season, if not longer.

:banghead:

staylor26
08-18-2015, 10:44 AM
shit, high sprain likely means he's out until the regular season, if not longer.

:banghead:

He'll be out there week 1

wazu
08-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Stephenson, meet Watt.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 10:46 AM
You are wasting your time with Reerun, he has already spewed that garbage countless times.

He won't be happy if Fisher ends up in the HOF.

Since you think his is HOF worthy, lets put a little cash side bet on it...

I am willing to drop $500 that he isn't HOF worthy and wont be in the league within 5 years...

Hell I will bet you $500 he wont even make a pro bowl ballet in 5 years...

penguinz
08-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Pussy. Should just go for a light jog and let it work itself out...

/penguinzI played pee-wee football so I know more.

/pr_capone :rolleyes:

pr_capone
08-18-2015, 11:17 AM
I played pee-wee football so I know more.

/pr_capone :rolleyes:

Never played pee-wee football. Even if I had sustained my injury playing pee-wee football... that experience would still be more relevant to Fisher's high ankle sprain than your going on a light jog.

penguinz
08-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Never played pee-wee football. Even if I had sustained my injury playing pee-wee football... that experience would still be more relevant to Fisher's high ankle sprain than your going on a light jog.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. If this Sunday was Week 1 he would be playing just as I said earlier. He is not a RB or a WR who needs to be able to cut on a dime. He would be taped, braced and injected and on the field.

Mr. Inmem
08-18-2015, 11:23 AM
He'll be out there week 1

FWIW Dexter McCluster missed 5 games due to high ankle sprain.

O.city
08-18-2015, 11:26 AM
You really have no idea what you are talking about. If this Sunday was Week 1 he would be playing just as I said earlier. He is not a RB or a WR who needs to be able to cut on a dime. He would be taped, braced and injected and on the field.

I agree.

He's going to loose some lateral agility, but as a LT that's not the utmost important.

I'd imagine he's gonna be round thr clock treated anyway

pr_capone
08-18-2015, 11:30 AM

Nope... none at all. I only deal with high ankle sprains on a quasi regular basis and actually played the sport at some level.

I bow to your obvious superior experience and knowledge.

PS... I agreed with you when you stated he would be able to play and tape if this were week 1. That was never the point of contention between us. Your rub some dirt on it attitude when several people are telling you it isn't that simple.

notorious
08-18-2015, 11:31 AM
I agree.

He's going to loose some lateral agility, but as a LT that's not the utmost important.

I'd imagine he's gonna be round thr clock treated anyway

Isn't lateral agility very important when it comes to protecting the outside?

O.city
08-18-2015, 11:32 AM

To an extent, but not really the same as a skill position guy.

Any weakness in his base is going to be detrimental though

pr_capone
08-18-2015, 11:34 AM

I'm sure that the DE he lines up against, and the LBs they throw in a blitz, will all be kind enough to bull rush only and not try and get around the corner.

penguinz
08-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Nope... none at all. I only deal with high ankle sprains on a quasi regular basis and actually played the sport at some level.

I bow to your obvious superior experience and knowledge.

PS... I agreed with you when you stated he would be able to play and tape if this were week 1. That was never the point of contention between us. Your rub some dirt on it attitude when several people are telling you it isn't that simple.

Never said rub some dirt on it. Said the individual's personal pain tolerance has more to do with it than how you feel 10 minutes after injuring it.

How hard is that to comprehend?

notorious
08-18-2015, 11:40 AM
To an extent, but not really the same as a skill position guy.

Any weakness in his base is going to be detrimental though

Yikes, he already has sub-par balance.

I am having flashbacks of the DE faking outside and sneaking inside Fisher bending him over at a 90 degree angle.

Let's hope he gets better.

Quesadilla Joe
08-18-2015, 11:47 AM
From the former Chargers team physician...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ERIC FISHER <a href="https://twitter.com/chiefs">@chiefs</a> fine for Week 1 even though dreaded high ankle sprain. Already walking/working on side means mild variety. <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor">@TerezPaylor</a></p>&mdash; David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/633694648184143872">August 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Chiefs | Eric Fisher out a couple of weeks

Tue, 18 Aug 2015 06:15:29 -0700

Updating previous reports, Kansas City Chiefs OT Eric Fisher (ankle) has a sprained ankle, an MRI confirmed, which will keep him out a couple of weeks.

Comment () | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPN - Ed Werder

Urc Burry
08-18-2015, 12:16 PM
FWIW Dexter McCluster missed 5 games due to high ankle sprain.

FYI there are different degrees of high ankle sprains. I've been on crutches from a sprain.. Meanwhile Fisher is already walking around. He will at the least be ready for the opener

Pablo
08-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Well shit. He needed all the practice he could get. Hope the mofo is ready to run Week 1. JJ Watt...Ugh...I think I'm gonna be sick.

ModSocks
08-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Even if Fisher has a decent season, i think it's safe to say that he's not a "franchise" LT. He's made of glass. Feels like he's going to have a Robert Gallery career arch.

Mr. Laz
08-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Even if Fisher has a decent season, i think it's safe to say that he's not a "franchise" LT. He's made of glass. Feels like he's going to have a Robert Gallery career arch.

looking that way, more and more

O.city
08-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Getting rolled up on like that is gonna hurt anyone though.

Injuries are piling up though

-King-
08-18-2015, 12:31 PM

If he can play about 14 games per season, then it's not a big deal given that he improves. Albert wasn't that great in the injury department either.

Pablo
08-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Even if Fisher has a decent season, i think it's safe to say that he's not a "franchise" LT. He's made of glass. Feels like he's going to have a Robert Gallery career arch.If it looks like a puss and smells like a puss....

I don't know. You'd like to believe the guy is just catching some bad breaks, but that can only be the excuse for so long. His play this year will tell the tale. No excuses for anything, just be a solid LT. He's never going to live up to 1.1 status. That's Dorsey's fault. But he CAN be an important piece to this team.

-King-
08-18-2015, 12:37 PM
If it looks like a puss and smells like a puss....

I don't know. You'd like to believe the guy is just catching some bad breaks, but that can only be the excuse for so long. His play this year will tell the tale. No excuses for anything, just be a solid LT. He's never going to live up to 1.1 status. That's Dorsey's fault. But he CAN be an important piece to this team.

Look up the 2013 First round and tell me how it's Dorsey's fault Fisher was the best player at #1. That was just an amazingly bad draft. Fisher and Joeckel were the best rated players in it.

Marcellus
08-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Since you think his is HOF worthy, lets put a little cash side bet on it...

I am willing to drop $500 that he isn't HOF worthy and wont be in the league within 5 years...

You will bet me $500 he won't be in the league in 5 years?

pugsnotdrugs19
08-18-2015, 12:44 PM
I too have sprained my ankle twice in football workouts specifically.

One of them was the high ankle, but of a pretty severe degree. I certainly wasn't able to be walking around on it or doing any sort work with it like Fish.

You can't underestimate the team physicians these guys have. I have 0 doubt after hearing he was out there on the sideline today that he COULD play on Sunday if he had to this week, however I fully expect him to sit out Friday night and rightfully so.

Long story short, he will be just fine. I'm more disappointed in hearing about Justin March, who will not be just fine. Good IR candidate after meniscus surgery.

petegz28
08-18-2015, 12:44 PM

So who should we have drafted? Everyone had Fisher and Joekel as 1-2.....

Marcellus
08-18-2015, 12:45 PM
Look up the 2013 First round and tell me how it's Dorsey's fault Fisher was the best player at #1. That was just an amazingly bad draft. Fisher and Joeckel were the best rated players in it.

No we should have been able to trade the #1 overall for a Delorian went back in time and traded 10 1st round picks for Indy's #1 in 2012 and drafted Luck.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 12:54 PM

The majority of 1.1s don't live up to it. That's a fact. Go back to 2000 and take a look. There haven't been but a few who've lived up to it. It's a fucking crapshoot.

Pablo
08-18-2015, 12:55 PM
I don't know what Dorsey was thinking when he selected Fisher. Did he have a chance to move out of the spot? Did the scouting department mail it in? Was he actually the best available player at that point in 2013?

I do know that our only 1.1 was used on a guy that hasn't looked like much, and somebody made that call. Dorsey and Reid both got their guys. The failure or success of those guys are on them as much as the players themselves.

staylor26
08-18-2015, 12:56 PM
I don't know what Dorsey was thinking when he selected Fisher. Did he have a chance to move out of the spot? Did the scouting department mail it in? Was he actually the best available player at that point in 2013?

I do know that our only 1.1 was used on a guy that hasn't looked like much, and somebody made that call. Dorsey and Reid both got their guys. The failure or success of those guys are on them as much as the players themselves.

:facepalm:

Pablo
08-18-2015, 12:57 PM
The majority of 1.1s don't live up to it. That's a fact. Go back to 2000 and take a look. There haven't been but a few who've lived up to it. It's a fucking crapshoot.Yeah, that may be the case. But this is our only 1.1 in franchise history, and it sucks major dick that it looks like it may have been wasted on a guy that probably should have been a late 1st pick.

Or I guess we could just say it's all bad luck and absolve our GM of any sort of blame? Has that ever been the case with any GM?

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 12:58 PM
You will bet me $500 he won't be in the league in 5 years?

Yes I will and I'm not Clay. I won't Welch.

staylor26
08-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Yeah, that may be the case. But this is our only 1.1 in franchise history, and it sucks major dick that it looks like it may have been wasted on a guy that probably should have been a late 1st pick.

Or I guess we could just say it's all bad luck and absolve our GM of any sort of blame? Has that ever been the case with any GM?

Just be happy we still ended up with one of the best players in the draft (Kelce), and Fisher instead of Joeckel (who looked awful in his game).

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Yeah, that may be the case. But this is our only 1.1 in franchise history, and it sucks major dick that it looks like it may have been wasted on a guy that probably should have been a late 1st pick.

It sucks bad. I just cannot hang it on Dorsey or anyone other than a shit draft. It was NOT a good draft. Period. Chiefs picked the wrong season to be awful.

Discuss Thrower
08-18-2015, 01:07 PM
The majority of 1.1s don't live up to it. That's a fact. Go back to 2000 and take a look. There haven't been but a few who've lived up to it. It's a fucking crapshoot.

Take away 1.1s picked by teams in Ohio and there's more good to great players picked than the reverse.

In general, half of the first overall picks taken since '90 have made it to the Pro Bowl with eleven guys appearing multiple times.

petegz28
08-18-2015, 01:09 PM
I don't know

That's about it...

Old Dog
08-18-2015, 01:10 PM

There's got to be a Shaun Smith/Nutcracker joke in there somewhere

Pablo
08-18-2015, 01:11 PM
That's about it...Did you make a chart for the 2013 prospects pete?

petegz28
08-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Did you make a chart for the 2013 prospects pete?

I

don't

know

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Take away 1.1s picked by teams in Ohio and there's more good to great players picked than the reverse.

In general, half of the first overall picks taken since '90 have made it to the Pro Bowl with eleven guys appearing multiple times.

Pro Bowl appearances do not come close to living up to 1.1.

But go ahead and keep making your excuses to shove you agenda down our throats.

Grim
08-18-2015, 01:15 PM
It sucks bad. I just cannot hang it on Dorsey or anyone other than a shit draft. It was NOT a good draft. Period. Chiefs picked the wrong season to be awful.
^this^
The new CBA scared a lot of players into declaring themselves draft-eligible in the previous draft.

BryanBusby
08-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Jfc I don't even know what to tell you here.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 01:23 PM

He's a very large fella that plays professional football. He could kick the shit out of most of us. Me, for sure.

Are you a teenager? You don't know the guy, but he's a pussy? LOL

Marcellus
08-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Yes I will and I'm not Clay. I won't Welch.

You are out of your mind. Let me come up with a better bet. Not worried about the $ but it's just $.

I'm thinking more like you have to get an Eric Fisher tattoo if he is still in the league and I will get a Jamarcus Russel tattoo if he isn't.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2015, 01:24 PM
You are out of your mind. Let me come up with a better bet. Not worried about the $ but it's just $.

I'm thinking more like you have to get an Eric Fisher tattoo if he is still in the league and I will get a Jamarcus Russel tattoo if he isn't.

LMAO

BryanBusby
08-18-2015, 01:25 PM
He's a very large fella that plays professional football. He could kick the shit out of most of us. Me, for sure.

Are you a teenager? You don't know the guy, but he's a pussy? LOL
You should go run several fucking laps until you figure out that poat was a joke and I was making fun of people for calling him a fragile bitch.

ffs

08-18-2015, 01:42 PM

Ansah would have been reasonable, though he is already 26. He was my pick.

BlackOp
08-18-2015, 01:47 PM
^this^
The new CBA scared a lot of players into declaring themselves draft-eligible in the previous draft.

Just be thankful KC isn't on the hook for a pre-CBA contract...that would have been brutal.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 02:11 PM

Jesus dude... Why don't we just decide the looser has to run his ball sack through a pecan cracker... It would be more enjoyable than a tattoo of either of those two guys...

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2015, 05:01 PM
Did you forget how often Albert got dinged?

I don't believe Albert got "Dinged" with the frequency of Fracture.

Also, Albert was a badass compared to Fracture.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2015, 05:27 PM
I don't believe Albert got "Dinged" with the frequency of Fracture.

Also, Albert was a badass compared to Fracture.

Albert Games Played: 15, 14, 15, 16, 13, 12, 9.

He's played 16 games one season out of seven.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlbeBr20.htm

Eric Fisher: 14, 16. 28 out of 30 so far.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2015, 05:30 PM

And still, Albert was a badass compared to Fracture. :evil:

staylor26
08-18-2015, 05:41 PM

You're right we should've just paid Albert :rolleyes:

ViperVisor
08-18-2015, 07:28 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/07/14/position-progression-offensive-tackle/

Marcellus
08-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Yea there is much revisionist history on Albert, he was very up and down early in his career and has already been pointed out, injury prone as well.

Dunerdr
08-18-2015, 07:48 PM

shouldnt have kicked fishers tires amiright?

BryanBusby
08-18-2015, 07:50 PM
I don't remember Albert being down outside of a period when Todd Haley got all retarded and made him lose a ton of weight. Not really on him tbh

Sorter
08-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Ansah would have been reasonable, though he is already 26. He was my pick.

Warning: Thread Hijack

Did you catch any of the Jr. Worlds?

BryanBusby
08-18-2015, 07:51 PM
shouldnt have kicked fishers tires amiright?
Haha yeah dude totes omfg rolling here xD

Edit: lol lol you got me good bro kick his tires ^___________________________________________^

Dunerdr
08-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Haha yeah dude totes omfg rolling here xD

Edit: lol lol you got me good bro kick his tires ^___________________________________________^

you have a kick ass name im now done kicking your tires

08-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Warning: Thread Hijack

Did you catch any of the Jr. Worlds?

I did not. Wish I would have caught the stream. I love watching the Americans wrestle international dude-beasts whom I've never heard of. Never know what to expect from the opponent and makes for a fun event.... even though the U.S. is clearly second tier. Spencer Lee teched his way to gold, which is cool. Only 16 years old. Mark Hall lost to a Hungarian who has spent time as an exchange student in Iowa and Florida. That was a bummer. McKenna missed weight, which was disappointing. It would have been nice to have seen Snyder there, but he's got Vegas to prepare for. Miciic, Pico, and Butler had good showings, and Valencia (like Hall) is still just a first year junior with a ton of potential. Greco was lol because, who cares, it's Greco.

The junior freestyle team returns a strong team next year if they choose to compete again. Guys like Lee, Fix, Micic, Brock, Pico, A. Valencia, Hall, L. Massa, Z. Valencia, Nickal, Cassar, etc. Not sure any of them will be favored to represent the U.S. at the senior level. Would love to see Lee vs Ramos, but not sure Lee will be big enough. Still think Metcalf will hold the edge over Pico as well. U.S. freestyle is in good shape for years to come.

TEX
08-18-2015, 10:51 PM
What an absolutely horrible draft to have the first pick in the entire draft. Just Chiefs luck...:shake:

TEX
08-18-2015, 10:55 PM
I too have sprained my ankle twice in football workouts specifically.

One of them was the high ankle, but of a pretty severe degree. I certainly wasn't able to be walking around on it or doing any sort work with it like Fish.

You can't underestimate the team physicians these guys have. I have 0 doubt after hearing he was out there on the sideline today that he COULD play on Sunday if he had to this week, however I fully expect him to sit out Friday night and rightfully so.

Long story short, he will be just fine. I'm more disappointed in hearing about Justin March, who will not be just fine. Good IR candidate after meniscus surgery.

Fisher's never going to be fine. He is exactly the type of player he is showing us he is...

BlackOp
08-19-2015, 12:04 AM
Fisher's never going to be fine. He is exactly the type of player he is showing us he is...

I think it's a bit premature to make that assumption. From what I can tell...he was having a good camp. I'm withholding judgment until after season 3...the first he's been "healthy"..an ankle sprain can happen to anyone.

He'll probably never live up to being chosen #1 overall....that's not his fault. The top 10 may go down as the worst in 30+ years.

Rausch
08-19-2015, 12:07 AM
I think it's a bit premature to make that assumption. From what I can tell...he was having a good camp. I'm withholding judgment until after season 3...the first he's been "healthy"..an ankle sprain can happen to anyone.

2 YEARS is clearly not enough to judge a man on.

This thread is on to next year!

BlackOp
08-19-2015, 12:13 AM

This thread is on to next year!

If he had been 100%..I would agree on that..the dude is a LT that had shoulder surgery last year...and was forced to play RT his rookie year. At least be realistic...

ViperVisor
08-19-2015, 01:15 AM
3rd year is a legit allowance for an OT

It's reasonable to write off great future. But I saw a equally bad OT Anthony Davis turn into a good solid OT.

Just getting beat to the outside more vs the inside would be a nice improvement.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 04:05 AM
Let's keep blaming bad luck.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 06:17 AM
Let's keep blaming bad luck.

You're mostly irritated at the position taken, not the player. I agree.

I didn't like taking Fisher, but it was not a good draft and the top 2 players taken were continually the top ranked players.

And being upset over not taking Geno is crazy considering the entire league passed on him at least once.

There are plenty of drafts over the years to be pissed at the Chiefs about. This was not one of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 06:19 AM
You're mostly irritated at the position taken, not the player. I agree.

I didn't like taking Fisher, but it was not a good draft and the top 2 players taken were continually the top ranked players.

And being upset over not taking Geno is crazy considering the entire league passed on him at least once.

There are plenty of drafts over the years to be pissed at the Chiefs about. This was not one of them.

Yep, just good ol' Chiefs "bad luck". Pass the ribs.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 06:24 AM
I know you're being facetious but if you really think 2 years is plenty, you'll never make it as a GM, sorry. :)

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Yep, just good ol' Chiefs "bad luck". Pass the ribs.

Good. Glad to see you're coming around.

Marcellus
08-19-2015, 06:34 AM
I don't remember Albert being down outside of a period when Todd Haley got all retarded and made him lose a ton of weight. Not really on him tbh

It was laid out for you a while 6 posts up.

BryanBusby
08-19-2015, 06:41 AM
The amount of games he missed doesn't explain his playing quality on the field.

Branden Albert missing a lot of games is anything but newly unearthed information.

E: Woah the link did it. Had a real good year when he made a tackle. Awesome.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 06:48 AM
The amount of games he missed doesn't explain his playing quality on the field.

Branden Albert missing a lot of games is anything but newly unearthed information.

Glass Joe needs the "Albert Defense", I guess.

Not much of a defense.

Marcellus
08-19-2015, 08:28 AM
It's simply pointing how how absurd it is to call Fisher glass while sucking off Albert when Albert missed a higher % of games.

It's possible Fisher will never really live up to the hype of being the #1 overall pick without being a bust. It's not an either or situation especially given the talent available in that draft.

TEX
08-19-2015, 08:34 AM

He'll probably never live up to being chosen #1 overall....that's not his fault. The top 10 may go down as the worst in 30+ years.

I hear ya. That draft class was the weakest in quite sometime. Your assessment about Fish is probably the proper position to take and I was right there with you until now. I know he's never gong to live up to his draft pick status, but he's not even shown that he'll ever be anything more than average at best. He's also shown that he gets hurt, which has set him back. So now my assessment is that there's always gonna be "something" wrong with the guy that will cause him not to reach his potential. He needs to show something before I give him the benefit of any doubt. I know OT's may take longer to develop but the really good one's usually show "something" early. What he's shown is something different. Just my opinion.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 05:11 PM
It's simply pointing how how absurd it is to call Fisher glass while sucking off Albert when Albert missed a higher % of games.

It's possible Fisher will never really live up to the hype of being the #1 overall pick without being a bust. It's not an either or situation especially given the talent available in that draft.

One last time:

Albert may have missed more games( over a MUCH longer career ), but...

...wait for it...

ALBERT WAS BETTER AT HIS JOB.

Okay, now that we've got that cleared up.

beach tribe
08-19-2015, 05:17 PM
I hear ya. That draft class was the weakest in quite sometime. Your assessment about Fish is probably the proper position to take and I was right there with you until now. I know he's never gong to live up to his draft pick status, but he's not even shown that he'll ever be anything more than average at best. He's also shown that he gets hurt, which has set him back. So now my assessment is that there's always gonna be "something" wrong with the guy that will cause him not to reach his potential. He needs to show something before I give him the benefit of any doubt. I know OT's may take longer to develop but the really good one's usually show "something" early. What he's shown is something different. Just my opinion.

Trent Edwards looked like ass early on as did Okung IIRC.

TEX
08-19-2015, 05:18 PM
One last time:

...wait for it...

In the end he certainly was, but early on Im not sure about that. Wasn't he a turnstile when it came to pass protection years 1-3 or so? I seem to remember some pretty suspect stats early on.

TEX
08-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Trent Edwards looked like ass early on as did Okung IIRC.

Yea, but they were not often injured, correct?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 05:22 PM
In the end he certainly was, but early on Im not sure about that. Wasn't he a turnstile when it came to pass protection years 1-3 or so? I seem to remember some pretty suspect stats early on.

He struggled at first as all rookies do, but he became solid very quickly. He definitely flashed more than Fisher at the same stage in their careers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Linemen are usually the most injured and have more surgeries than any other position. It's part of the job.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 05:30 PM
One last time:

...wait for it...

LOL Nice deflection. This wasn't about that. It's about durability. We all know Albert was a solid T.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 05:35 PM
Yea, but they were not often injured, correct?

I don't know, but Okung only started 22 games his first 2 seasons.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Injuries may or may not have hindered his development, but he's started 29 in 2 seasons. That's hardly injury prone or 'made of glass'.

petegz28
08-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Injuries may or may not have hindered his development, but he's started 29 in 2 seasons. That's hardly injury prone or 'made of glass'.

no no, he should play 16 a year and every snap at that......

BryanBusby
08-19-2015, 06:17 PM

Your post that I was referring to said Albert was up and down, and dealt with injuries. That sounds like you were referencing his play when he was on the field, which is why that poat was made.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 06:24 PM
LOL Nice deflection. This wasn't about that. It's about durability. We all know Albert was a solid T.

Whatever.

Defend the turd, who cares?

milkman
08-19-2015, 06:36 PM
no no, he should play 16 a year and every snap at that......

That's what Joe Thomas says.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Whatever.

Defend the turd, who cares?

I will. I want him to be a solid player.

Not sure why you don't.

I don't live in this make-believe world where if I get pissy about the Chiefs that will force their hand to make changes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 07:21 PM
I will. I want him to be a solid player.

Not sure why you don't.

I don't live in this make-believe world where if I get pissy about the Chiefs that will force their hand to make changes.

Solid? You'll be pushing for "serviceable".

Marcellus
08-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Your post that I was referring to said Albert was up and down, and dealt with injuries. That sounds like you were referencing his play when he was on the field, which is why that poat was made.

You can actually use both comparisons, he was penalty prone and fairly average early in his career as well as missing games.

Everyone blames Haley for making him lose weight but if I rember correctly they made him lose weight because he was slow and and his footwork was sloppy.

BryanBusby
08-19-2015, 07:31 PM
You can actually use both comparisons, he was penalty prone and fairly average early in his career as well as missing games.

Everyone blames Haley for making him lose weight but if I rember correctly they made him lose weight because he was slow and and his footwork was sloppy.
Zoinks, a mid first round guy changing positions had a little bit of issue.

People blame Haley for making him lose weight because they made him and he got pushed around a lot in result.

Marcellus
08-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Zoinks, a mid first round guy changing positions had a little bit of issue.

People blame Haley for making him lose weight because they made him and he got pushed around a lot in result.

A mid first round pick is expected to be a project? Meltdown on CP.