PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Evidence mounting for Chase Daniel to start

Stargazer
08-18-2015, 07:27 PM
And I agree. If not here, then he's going to get a shot somewhere it appears.

http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/evidence-is-mounting-for-chase-daniel-as-a-starter/

Pablo
08-18-2015, 07:28 PM
He can eat snot with the best of them. No doubt about that.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 07:29 PM
ROFL. This should be bannable.

TribalElder
He scored 300% more touchdowns by passing to WR last game than Alex did all last season

I think

Reerun_KC
Trade that motherfucker and get some picks.

RobBlake
08-18-2015, 07:30 PM
puff piece, but with that said.. Alex needs a fire lit under his ass and play inspired football or prepare to join his third team.

Chromatic
08-18-2015, 07:30 PM
I think the gap between Smith and Daniel is small but there are absolutely things that Chase does better than Alex.

In the San Diego game last year he was taking shots down the field. I think he threw the ball further than 20 years more times than Smith did in a previous number of games combined.

If Smith sputters with the dink and dunk crap again and we stumble to a 1-3 record, you better believe I'm boarding the Chase Train.

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 07:31 PM
puff piece, but with that said.. Alex needs a fire lit under his ass and play inspired football or prepare to join his third team.

LOL. Like Reid is going to release him anytime soon.

Discuss Thrower
08-18-2015, 07:31 PM
I'm not trolling here, but assuming Daniel gets 16 games as a starter..

O/U batted passes at the line of scrimmage: 21.5

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 07:32 PM
What sold me on Daniel was that -6 yard pass in the SD game and the countless dumpoffs.

But the will he used to get this team to win was what chapions are made of.

Ming the Merciless
08-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Did I miss something or did NO ONE even sign that piece of shit article.

The headline contradicts the 1st sentence....

The evidence is mounting & there is no controversy cannot exist in the same breath.

See...the difference between me and the 'drafturbators' is that I am not sitting here calling for backups to start before we even play a game.

This shit is dumb....and even me as a person who never wanted Smith here in the 1st place knows its dumb.

I don't think it is reasonable to argue for starting Chase right now...thats probably why no one signed this thing.

stevieray
08-18-2015, 07:36 PM
"In fact, had Dwayne Bowe not comically fumbled....."

MotherfuckerJones
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/James-P.-Sullivan-WTF-Reaction-Gif-In-Monsters-Inc..gif

Marcellus
LMAO

Brock
08-18-2015, 07:38 PM
What sold me on Daniels was that -6 yard pass in the SD game and the countless dumpoffs.

But the will he used to get this team to win was what chapions are made of.

So basically, he's a much, much, much cheaper version of as11?

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 07:39 PM
LMAO

Oh its coming. Just wait.

Ming the Merciless
08-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Ok which planeteer wrote this???

The Chiefs roster is built to win at a high level in 2015 especially after adding play-making receiver Jeremy Maclin to an arsenal that already includes Travis Kelce, Jamaal Charles, and DeAnthony Thomas, but can they go deep in the playoffs with “captain check down” Alex Smith at the helm?

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 07:41 PM
So basically, he's a much, much, much cheaper version of as11?

Exactly. Need a house cleaning at QB.

Chromatic
08-18-2015, 07:48 PM

People on /r/nfl call him that all the time. It's not really anything new.

Sorter
08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Trade that motherfucker and get some picks.

QFT.

notorious
08-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Dude posts on the planet.

notorious
08-18-2015, 08:02 PM
If Smith sputters with the dink and dunk crap again and we stumble to a 1-3 record, you better believe I'm boarding the Chase Train.

Plenty of room, until there isn't.

Welcome aboard.

milkman
08-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Had Daniel thrown 3 times as many TDs to WRs in this game, as the article stated, Daniel would have thrown 0 TDs to WRs.

notorious
08-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Had Daniel thrown 3 times as many TDs to WRs in this game, as the article stated, Daniel would have thrown 0 TDs to WRs.

http://replygif.net/i/715.gif

BoneKrusher
08-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I like a QB that can get the ball to his playmaker WR's.
if CD can do what he did last week vs 1st stringers then he just might be a legit QB i reckon.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Evidence mounting that the Chiefs might win some games

BigCatDaddy
08-18-2015, 08:16 PM
We are discussing making Daniel the starting QB and people think we are making noise in the playoffs for the first time in over 20 years LMAO

penguinz
He scored 300% more touchdowns by passing to WR last game than Alex did all last season

I thinkYou need to go back to remedial math. 300% of 0 is 0.

MotherfuckerJones
I'd love to get some picks for Daniel. But he has value to this team. That's what concerns me. If Alex goes down, we have Chase. If Daniel is moved, then Aaron Murray is now number 2. I don't think he gets moved though.

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Holy hell. The amount of stupid is just unbelievable.

Chase had an excellent game against a bunch of backups and third stringers. Against SD, take a look at his second halves and see how well he does when the defense starts to scheme toward him. He's not a bad backup option, I suppose. But he's a career backup.

TribalElder
08-18-2015, 08:31 PM
You need to go back to remedial math. 300% of 0 is 0.

The math joke was made a few posts back but

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/tpRn.Y_J3Q0SvCoZjlN_qg--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NTU2O3E9OTU7dz01NzE-/http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/7/1/4/5/714589/pics/_c727936_image_0.jpg

BossChief
08-18-2015, 08:32 PM
I bet the Jets would give up a premium conditional pick for Chase.

I wouldn't trade him for less than a third rounder, though. He's worth more to us than that.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Evidence mounting that Alex Smith might miss some games

That's why Daniel holds value

J Diddy
08-18-2015, 08:34 PM

Elementary maff is a muddahfucker.

BlackOp
08-18-2015, 08:35 PM
I bet the Jets would give up a premium conditional pick for Chase.

I wouldn't trade him for less than a third rounder, though. He's worth more to us than that.

If KC is the PO hunt and Smith goes down....saving the entire season is worth more than a 3rd round pick. Having a quality back-up is obviously undervalued around here..

dannybcaitlyn
08-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Holy hell. The amount of stupid is just unbelievable.

Chase had an excellent game against a bunch of backups and third stringers. Against SD, take a look at his second halves and see how well he does when the defense starts to scheme toward him. He's not a bad backup option, I suppose. But he's a career backup.

You don't know that. He might just need a opportunity.
"We don't judge people by what happened when they were somewhere else," Coach John Madden once said. ... Rich Gannon was a career backup before setting passing records for the Raiders and leading them to Super Bowl XXXVII

Psyko Tek
08-18-2015, 08:41 PM

clay wrote better than this
any any anti smiff article from him would be dripping with venom and hatred

Red Dawg
08-18-2015, 08:44 PM
In a 16 game season he would no doubt be worse than Alex.

Perineum Ripper
08-18-2015, 08:49 PM

So what you aresaying is the guy who wrote this isn't Asian

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2015, 08:50 PM
You don't know that. He might just need a opportunity.
"We don't judge people by what happened when they were somewhere else," Coach John Madden once said. ... Rich Gannon was a career backup before setting passing records for the Raiders and leading them to Super Bowl XXXVII

It's a lot more reasonable to assume he's a career backup based on what we've seen than to assume he's a top 10-15 QB based on the limited stuff we've seen from him.

Gadzooks
08-18-2015, 09:06 PM
It's a lot more reasonable to assume he's a career backup based on what we've seen than to assume he's a top 10-15 QB based on the limited stuff we've seen from him.

I agree. I don't like Chase Daniel.

ChiTown
08-18-2015, 09:08 PM
LMFAO. Great thread.

TribalElder
08-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Chase Daniel super bowl ring count = 1
Alex Smith super bowl ring count = 0

ChiTown
08-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Chase Daniel super bowl ring count = 1
Alex Smith super bowl ring count = 0

LMAO

dannybcaitlyn
08-18-2015, 09:15 PM
I'd be more excited to see two guys in Lab coats working a Jugs machine behind center then Smith.

Lonewolf Ed
08-18-2015, 09:19 PM

True. The mathematics does not lie.

Eureka
08-18-2015, 09:37 PM
You guys are allowed to mention the 2002 league MVP by name on here? Figure that would irk a few around here esp since he did it with the Raiders.

It's inevitable now..... Chase Daniels the 2019 league MVP for the Denver Broncos...

Eureka
08-18-2015, 09:39 PM
You guys are allowed to mention the 2002 league MVP by name on here? Figure that would irk a few around here esp since he did it with the Raiders.

It's inevitable now..... Chase Daniels the 2019 league MVP for the Denver Broncos...

threebag
08-18-2015, 09:47 PM

Rico mult?

Reerun_KC
08-18-2015, 09:49 PM
So when do we get to see the evidence?

MotherfuckerJones
08-18-2015, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the repeat 10 second Tom

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lRYJzwvT0WA/hqdefault.jpg

JakeLV
08-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Me think OP is the author of the article.

bricks
08-18-2015, 10:18 PM
You know what I like about Chase Daniel? His name. "Chase."

Imagine you were him and you introduced yourself to a hot babe that you want to go out on a date with and said, "hey my name is Chase." I wouldn't tell her this to her face but in my head Id be thinking "yeah I'm coming for you!" Hahahaha.....The actions go with the name. That's why I like it. You know? I know I know weak and stupid post I know guys. This post is about a 2/10.

BWillie
08-18-2015, 10:19 PM
And I agree. If not here, then he's going to get a shot somewhere it appears.

http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/evidence-is-mounting-for-chase-daniel-as-a-starter/

There is absolutely no evidence that suggests Chase Daniel should start.

Ming the Merciless
08-18-2015, 10:21 PM
You know what I like about Chase Daniel? His name. "Chase."

Imagine you were him and you introduced yourself to a hot babe that you want to go out on a date with and said, "hey my name is Chase." I wouldn't tell her this to her face but in my head Id be thinking "yeah I'm coming for you!" Hahahaha.....The actions go with the name. That's why I like it. You know? I know I know weak and stupid post I know guys. This post is about a 2/10.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AL0CMbSsUNU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2015, 10:33 PM
I take back wanting more football threads

Rausch
08-18-2015, 10:35 PM
Once Daniel surpasses the yards, TD's, and training camp KO's given by the 0dd T0dd he's worthy of starting...

bricks
08-18-2015, 11:07 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AL0CMbSsUNU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that is one scary ass dude.

RealSNR
08-18-2015, 11:11 PM
If KC is the PO hunt and Smith goes down....saving the entire season is worth more than a 3rd round pick. Having a quality back-up is obviously undervalued around here..

A backup for one season or a 3rd round player for 4 seasons?

Chase is leaving next year. A team will give him a Matt Flynn-type starting QB offer most likely. His next contract is probably not going to be a backup's deal.

BlackOp
08-18-2015, 11:11 PM
I do think Chase could start for a number of teams...KC is lucky to have him. Shit, Buffalo is starting Cassel...I think he gets his opportunity next season. Another great move by Dorsey...Smith is a better QB though.

bdj23
08-18-2015, 11:15 PM
lol

Retarded thread is retarded

RealSNR
08-18-2015, 11:20 PM
I do think Chase could start for a number of teams...KC is lucky to have him. Shit, Buffalo is starting Cassel...I think he gets his opportunity next season. Another great move by Dorsey...Smith is a better QB though.

Right now Buffalo might start Tyrod Taylor

BlackOp
08-18-2015, 11:23 PM
A backup for one season or a 3rd round player for 4 seasons?

If it was another position...I would agree with you. Reids system isn't an easy one. Had the Steelers lost in week 17...yes, Chase would have saved KC's season. If this team wasnt projected to potentially win the division...I might agree with you also.

Rain Man
08-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Setting completely aside the Chiefs quarterbacks, I have a question.

Who are some examples of backup quarterbacks who played well for less than a season, got traded or signed to another team, and became very good quarterbacks? I can think of a lot of instances where it didn't work, but where DID it work?

You can't say Favre because he didn't have playing time (or much of it) before he was traded. Is there someone better than Matt Schaub? Maybe Rich Gannon, I guess, though he was an odd case since he'd been out of the league when the Chiefs got him.

Who else? Who are the big success stories of trading for a backup quarterback?

Rain Man
08-18-2015, 11:29 PM
Right now Buffalo might start Tyrod Taylor

Is his middle name really Racknpinion?

Mav
08-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Setting completely aside the Chiefs quarterbacks, I have a question.

Who are some examples of backup quarterbacks who played well for less than a season, got traded or signed to another team, and became very good quarterbacks? I can think of a lot of instances where it didn't work, but where DID it work?

You can't say Favre because he didn't have playing time (or much of it) before he was traded. Is there someone better than Matt Schaub? Maybe Rich Gannon, I guess, though he was an odd case since he'd been out of the league when the Chiefs got him.

Who else? Who are the big success stories of trading for a backup quarterback?

Steve Young?

What are we counting as success? Cause Trent Green was very good.

Rain Man
08-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Steve Young?

What are we counting as success? Cause Trent Green was very good.

I'm open to definitions. I was just thinking about all of the Scott Mitchell/Matt Flynn scenarios and wondering what the odds are.

I don't remember Young playing particularly well in Tampa, and his stats support that: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm . I feel like he was acquired on pure potential.

It looks like Green had one decent season in Washington http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeTr00.htm, but he wasn't tearing the place up. I remember the Rams getting him, and then the Chiefs trading a lot for him, and I was thinking, 'who the heck is this guy?'. But maybe he could fall under the definition of an uberbackup getting his chance.

Mav
08-18-2015, 11:41 PM
I'm open to definitions. I was just thinking about all of the Scott Mitchell/Matt Flynn scenarios and wondering what the odds are.

I don't remember Young playing particularly well in Tampa, and his stats support that: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm . I feel like he was acquired on pure potential.

It looks like Green had one decent season in Washington http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeTr00.htm, but he wasn't tearing the place up. I remember the Rams getting him, and then the Chiefs trading a lot for him, and I was thinking, 'who the heck is this guy?'. But maybe he could fall under the definition of an uberbackup getting his chance.

You are right Steve Young was awful in Tampa. I just didn't know the criteria. Cause Drew Bledsoe lost his job and was decent in buffalo. The list is short.

Rain Man
08-18-2015, 11:47 PM
You are right Steve Young was awful in Tampa. I just didn't know the criteria. Cause Drew Bledsoe lost his job and was decent in buffalo. The list is short.

Hence my head-scratching. There are backups who were acquired because they were highly talented with little production (Young, Favre, etc.), but I'm struggling to think of an unknown backup being traded to start for another team and being successful at it. I'm sure there are some cases, but I can't think of them right now.

RealSNR
08-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselbeck? They never really played that much for the Packers, but they WERE backups acquired to be starters

Mav
08-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Hence my head-scratching. There are backups who were acquired because they were highly talented with little production (Young, Favre, etc.), but I'm struggling to think of an unknown backup being traded to start for another team and being successful at it. I'm sure there are some cases, but I can't think of them right now.

The only one I can think of other than schaub was Aaron Brooks.

Mav
08-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselbeck? They never really played that much for the Packers, but they WERE backups acquired to be starters

Two good ones. Well done.

Rain Man
08-18-2015, 11:57 PM

Brunell is interesting because he was a low-round pick and also didn't record much playing time for the Packers. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrunMa00.htm. So why did the Jaguars acquire him? He probably wasn't potential and probably wasn't production. Maybe he looked a lot better than his stats?

Hasselbeck also had very little playing time, though what he did have looked pretty good. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HassMa00.htm

I don't see that Brooks was acquired from another team unless it was some draft day deal: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrooAa00.htm

Edit: I think I inadvertently changed the definition. I was initially looking for a backup who played very well and then got traded to become a successful starter. But then I just mentioned backups who became successful starters.

Ming the Merciless
08-19-2015, 12:08 AM
So when do we get to see the evidence?

I have evidence of Drafturbator involvement with this article

proof positive

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C0S-mJnbMRM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
08-19-2015, 12:11 AM
I love having these arguments between B- and C+ players...

Mav
08-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Brunell is interesting because he was a low-round pick and also didn't record much playing time for the Packers. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrunMa00.htm. So why did the Jaguars acquire him? He probably wasn't potential and probably wasn't production. Maybe he looked a lot better than his stats?

Hasselbeck also had very little playing time, though what he did have looked pretty good. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HassMa00.htm

I don't see that Brooks was acquired from another team unless it was some draft day deal: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrooAa00.htm

Edit: I think I inadvertently changed the definition. I was initially looking for a backup who played very well and then got traded to become a successful starter. But then I just mentioned backups who became successful starters.

Ironically enough, Aaron Brooks was also a packer. He was traded to New Orleans. But not to be the starter. He became the starter when New Orleans starter got hurt and kept the job with good play.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2015, 06:37 AM
Gannon-Grbac II: The Checkening

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6bOy3RNyWME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reerun_KC
08-19-2015, 06:42 AM
4 pages and still no evidence...

Are we actually going to get some factual evidence that is possible or not?

Someone needs to step up and bring the evidence or we burn and pillage the thread starters house.

Prison Bitch
08-19-2015, 06:44 AM
A Mizzou website asking for a Mizzou nobody to start. Dumb

rico
08-19-2015, 06:47 AM
Rico mult?

Huh?! I am confused. I never thought of myself as someone who did that much.

rico
08-19-2015, 06:47 AM
Rico mult?

Huh!? I am confused. I never really thought of myself as someone who did that much.

kepp
08-19-2015, 09:36 AM
ROFL. This should be bannable.

lol

Retarded thread is retarded

He can eat snot with the best of them. No doubt about that.

There has been a great disturbance in the Force, as if tens of cartoon bird fans suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

penguinz
08-19-2015, 10:22 AM
4 pages and still no evidence...

Are we actually going to get some factual evidence that is possible or not?

Someone needs to step up and bring the evidence or we burn and pillage the thread starters house.

Here is your evidence.... Daniel threw three times as many touchdown passes to wide receives in a single pre-season game as Alex Smith threw during the entire 2014 NFL season. In fact, had Dwayne Bowe not comically fumbled a football thrown by Daniel into the end zone during the season finale last year, he would have finished ahead of Smith 1-0 in 2014 as well,:thumb:

milkman
08-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Here is your evidence.... Daniel threw three times as many touchdown passes to wide receives in a single pre-season game as Alex Smith threw during the entire 2014 NFL season. In fact, had Dwayne Bowe not comically fumbled a football thrown by Daniel into the end zone during the season finale last year, he would have finished ahead of Smith 1-0 in 2014 as well,:thumb:

Chase Danile didn't throw 0 TDs Saturday.

penguinz
08-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Chase Danile didn't throw 0 TDs Saturday.
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/52501995.jpg

Chief Roundup
08-19-2015, 10:31 AM
What a shit article. That is horribly written with too many references to people that I have never heard of, not to mention it is written like a fan without any real writing education or experience.
Where is the proof that Daniel will start here or somewhere else??

Kiimo
08-19-2015, 10:38 AM
This thread is a disgrace. Like Chase Daniel's boat.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2015, 10:40 AM
What a shit article. That is horribly written with too many references to people that I have never heard of, not to mention it is written like a fan without any real writing education or experience.
Where is the proof that Daniel will start here or somewhere else??

Right here...

I'm sold and if Reid nor Dorsey dont see it then they are as ignorant as we all thought they were and we are letting them off the hook!

penguinz
08-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Right here...

I'm sold and if Reid nor Dorsey dont see it then they are as ignorant as we all thought they were and we are letting them off the hook!

ChiefsCountry
08-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Hopefully Alex Smith blows out a knee, Andy crying in his post game presser with a slab of Oklahoma Joe's ribs in his mouth says we will rally around Chase and play good football. Chase "Kurt Warner II" Daniel leads us to the Super Bowl win. The Alex Smith lovers cry that it's not fair and he was stabbed in the back. We trade Smith to the Broncos since Peyton retires. The board has good discussion again and we are all happy with Royals and Chiefs World Championships.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2015, 10:49 AM

Yes.... Most likely a mid air collision...

BlackHelicopters
08-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Ban time.

Kiimo
08-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Hopefully Alex Smith blows out a knee, Andy crying in his post game presser with a slab of Oklahoma Joe's ribs in his mouth says we will rally around Chase and play good football. Chase "Kurt Warner II" Daniel leads us to the Super Bowl win. The Alex Smith lovers cry that it's not fair and he was stabbed in the back. We trade Smith to the Broncos since Peyton retires. The board has good discussion again and we are all happy with Royals and Chiefs World Championships.

:shake:

keg in kc
08-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Kind of like replacing Natty Lite with Keystone. Sure it's different, but it still sucks.

Chief Roundup
08-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Right here...

So you are saying that the chiefs should play a QB that was drafted and employed by another team for years over the QB that we are currently starting that was drafted and employed by another team for years............that does sound like the chiefs.

RippedmyFlesh
08-19-2015, 11:10 AM

As the great Billy Preston said

"nothing from nothing leaves nothing"

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Hopefully Alex Smith blows out a knee, Andy crying in his post game presser with a slab of Oklahoma Joe's ribs in his mouth says we will rally around Chase and play good football. Chase "Kurt Warner II" Daniel leads us to the Super Bowl win.

Quite pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself. Sad.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Kind of like replacing Natty Lite with Keystone. Sure it's different, but it still sucks.:LOL:

Pablo
08-19-2015, 11:43 AM
There has been a great disturbance in the Force, as if tens of cartoon bird fans suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.Booger isn't the answer. I wish he was, but he's just a shorter version of Alex Smith. Trading one dog turd for another doesn't accomplish much.

I'd gladly root for the guy if Alice went down and he played incredible football. I just don't see it in him. He's JAG.

notorious
08-19-2015, 11:57 AM
Booger isn't the answer. I wish he was, but he's just a shorter version of Alex Smith. Trading one dog turd for another doesn't accomplish much.

I'd gladly root for the guy if Alice went down and he played incredible football. I just don't see it in him. He's JAG.

I don't think he is anything like Smith.

Daniel will take shots. Who knows where they will end up, though.

tecumseh
08-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Chase will light it up all pre season against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He'll uncork a launch or two , yet not a serious starter.

Prison Bitch
08-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Mizzou fans (like the creators of this dumb website in the OP) are so defensive about their alums. All of whom have been terrible aRoyals or Chiefs. We just arent fair fans to them, not that they suck. No not that!

vailpass
08-19-2015, 12:29 PM
I was at the game last week, 14 rows from the field. Daniels was a little guy throwing nice looking softballs against scrubs running a base D.

Please, by all means, start Chase Daniels.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2015, 12:32 PM
So you are saying that the chiefs should play a QB that was drafted and employed by another team for years over the QB that we are currently starting that was drafted and employed by another team for years............that does sound like the chiefs.

Exactly what I was saying but totally different....

Gadzooks
08-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Chase Daniel is too short to play QB.
http://i0.wp.com/greatamericansportsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/635551932419491682-USP-NFL-New-York-Jets-at-Kansas-City-Chiefs.jpg
The Chiefs should trade him immediately.

ThaVirus
08-19-2015, 04:26 PM
What's with the "booger eater" references? Did the guy get caught eating his own boogies on television or something?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Buy low, sell high. If we can get a 3-4th rounder out of him then good for us.

rico
08-19-2015, 05:24 PM
What's with the "booger eater" references? Did the guy get caught eating his own boogies on television or something?

Yeah, I asked the same thing and someone posted a youtube vid where it shows him kind of messing with his nose and then putting his finger in his mouth. He could have been eating a booger, but I expected it to be more "booger-eater-ish," you know what I mean?

rico
08-19-2015, 05:25 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kEW8_KVhDFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 06:54 PM

Now this part, I really like.

BigCatDaddy
08-19-2015, 06:59 PM
Now this part, I really like.

I would buy Chief home playoff tickets the day that move was made.

Chromatic
08-19-2015, 07:03 PM
Also Chase evaluates talent well

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZKAbA5AUgtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2015, 07:18 PM
I would buy Chief home playoff tickets the day that move was made.

I would do several things including putting the Chiefs license plate back on the car, buying a new jersey, eating some ice cream, and possibly spanking it furiously.

Saccopoo
08-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Evidence:

Quarterback Alex Smith was efficient and on point, completing 13 of 14 passes in 11-on-11 team portions of practice. … Smith found tight end Travis Kelce on four of his completions. Four more of his completions of went to running backs. … Chase Daniel completed five of 10 passes with an interception.

Chromatic
08-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Evidence:

Part of me imagines the remaining 5 of Alex's completions went to the fullback.

BigCatDaddy
08-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Part of me imagines the remaining 5 of Alex's completions went to the fullback.

13 completions for 21 yards. But check out that QB Rating!

Shaid
08-19-2015, 08:32 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F6dOzkNV2qA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
08-19-2015, 08:37 PM

I can't believe you wrote this post.

Shame on you for these thoughts.

Wallcrawler
08-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Third year is huge for Smith especially after that disaster he put up last season with no TDs to wide receivers.

At this point, we have the defense to survive some turnovers. This always taking the safe throw for 6 yards or less is never going to work. He has to cut it loose and make some plays, or his ass needs to be out of here.

The Chiefs have addressed EVERY possible issue that could have been to blame for Smith's bad play last season.

1. Slow ass, stone handed #1 Wide Receiver Dwayne Bowe. Gone. Receiving corps bolstered in the offseason with Maclin, Conley, and Brown, with DAT converting to WR full time and Albert Wilson returning after showing promise late in the year.

2. Leaky O-Line. Fisher didn't need anything operated on this year, full offseason to train. Grubbs is added, and Allen returns.

An emphasis has supposedly been put on the deep ball in camp, and seemed to be somewhat proven in Smith's limited action, with him throwing the football past the first down sticks multiple times. I had to rewind and make sure it was actually Alex under the helmet, and not someone else wearing his jersey.

He has everything he needs. All world threat in the backfield in Jamaal Charles(if Reid remembers to use him), bigtime threat at TE in Kelce, and an infusion of speed at the wideout position to provide the separation that is needed for Alex to be comfortable making a throw.

If Smith struggles in the passing game this season, a change needs to be made. Nice guy or not, if the guy cant throw, he shouldn't be starting for the Chiefs, especially playing for a head coach that simply refuses to rush the football despite its overwhelming success when he actually does it. See the curbstomp of the eventual SB champion Patriots game as reference.

milkman
08-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Third year is huge for Smith especially after that disaster he put up last season with no TDs to wide receivers.

At this point, we have the defense to survive some turnovers. This always taking the safe throw for 6 yards or less is never going to work. He has to cut it loose and make some plays, or his ass needs to be out of here.

The Chiefs have addressed EVERY possible issue that could have been to blame for Smith's bad play last season.

1. Slow ass, stone handed #1 Wide Receiver Dwayne Bowe. Gone. Receiving corps bolstered in the offseason with Maclin, Conley, and Brown, with DAT converting to WR full time and Albert Wilson returning after showing promise late in the year.

2. Leaky O-Line. Fisher didn't need anything operated on this year, full offseason to train. Grubbs is added, and Allen returns.

An emphasis has supposedly been put on the deep ball in camp, and seemed to be somewhat proven in Smith's limited action, with him throwing the football past the first down sticks multiple times. I had to rewind and make sure it was actually Alex under the helmet, and not someone else wearing his jersey.

He has everything he needs. All world threat in the backfield in Jamaal Charles(if Reid remembers to use him), bigtime threat at TE in Kelce, and an infusion of speed at the wideout position to provide the separation that is needed for Alex to be comfortable making a throw.

If Smith struggles in the passing game this season, a change needs to be made. Nice guy or not, if the guy cant throw, he shouldn't be starting for the Chiefs, especially playing for a head coach that simply refuses to rush the football despite its overwhelming success when he actually does it. See the curbstomp of the eventual SB champion Patriots game as reference.

Huh?

Hammock Parties
08-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Huh?

He had some impressive incomplete passes, there's no denying it. Really challenged the defense.

Chromatic
08-19-2015, 09:44 PM
He had some impressive incomplete passes, there's no denying it. Really challenged the defense.

Well exercise is important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle!

RobBlake
08-20-2015, 01:44 AM
how many tds did he throw to WRs when alex was hurt?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Evidence:

:spock: And then the actual games began...

Wallcrawler
08-20-2015, 06:15 AM
Huh?

Deep pass down the sideline to start, 12 yard completion to Maclin for a first down (no catch and run bullshit), and the interception over the middle.

This was not your typical Alex Smith passing which equates to the checkdown, the run, or a sack.

Even on the play he took off running, he was actually still looking downfield.

Granted, none of the passes were particularly impressive, but when what, 80% of your passes don't travel past 6 yards......its not going to be instantly awesome.

Just seeing the guy attempt something out of his comfort zone is encouraging. Whether or not it pays off, and he should remain the starter remains to be seen.