PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Friday, Seahawks, Preseason game #2: What aspects will you be focusing on?

Trivers
08-19-2015, 08:39 AM
What are your expectations from certain players and units?

The ones should play the 1st half.

I wonder how will the OLine will do with both Allen and Fisher out?

Will Wilson test Peters frequently?

Will Murray showing any indication of his progress that he is "the one" to eventually replace Smith?

rico
08-19-2015, 08:40 AM
ALEX SMITH'S ABILITY (LACK OF) TO THROW THE DEEP BOMBS TO MACLIN!!!!!

milkman
08-19-2015, 08:42 AM
I will be watching the same things I watched in the first game.

O-Line and ILBs.

loochy
08-19-2015, 08:44 AM
Only positive things so we can make many oh so happy and positive individual threads.

loochy
08-19-2015, 08:46 AM
nah, seriously though:

alex throwing to WRs
1st team o line
seeing if DJ, berry, and devito are looking like they are back to their old selves
looking for any signs of life from dee ford

rico
08-19-2015, 08:51 AM

O-Line and ILBs.

Good... I liked reading your observations about the OL a few days ago. Loved what I read about LDT. Hell, it takes something obvious for me to know what the hell I'm even looking at when it comes to the OL unless I have someone to explain it. And to think I will be announcing football games for our high school on the radio in a couple weeks. Bahahahahaha!!! I will suck ass at that compared to how I have done in the past announcing wrestling and baseball. Ugh, I cringe just thinking about it. I need to take notes from some of you homeslices!!!!

ptlyon
08-19-2015, 08:54 AM
ALEX SMITH'S ABILITY (LACK OF) TO THROW THE DEEP BOMBS TO MACLIN!!!!!

/Thread

Chiefnj2
08-19-2015, 09:01 AM
I expect the first team Defense to stop Seattle's first team offense and not let them shred them like the Cards did. Denver made Seattle's OL look horrible last week. It will be interesting to see if KC can generate similar pressure.

It would be nice to see if KC's first string offense can come out and score against the #1s.

It will be fun to watch the backup OL, battling ILB's and WRs.

I can't help but wonder if KC would be better served keeping an extra "pure" WR in the event the DAT at WR experiment fails.

Trivers
08-19-2015, 09:04 AM
I can't help but wonder if KC would be better served keeping an extra "pure" WR in the event the DAT at WR experiment fails.

GREAT question!

Is the promise of Brown or Williams GREATER than that of DAT?

Aspengc8
08-19-2015, 09:05 AM
I'm interested to see some defensive alignments with Parker, Berry and Branch on the field at the same time. KC has the personnel to run some heavy nickel & dime packages that should match up well vs the teams like like to spread and run zone read/play action.

ChiefGator
08-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Interior of the O-Line, the ILB, Davis and West to see if West manages to overtake Davis as the #2 RB.

We are up against another top 5 defense from last year, in fact the #1 defense last year. So, I want to see a decent showing, but don't expect our #1's to just drive down and score several touchdowns in a little over a quarter.

RealSNR
08-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Not concerned about offensive line, though I will be watching individual players like LDT and Pughsley to see how they fare for a second week and what that might mean for the starters we select.

Focusing on run defense, especially against the starters. That Andre Ellington play left a sour taste in my mouth last week. It's something I had really hoped we would have fixed.

milkman
08-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Not concerned about offensive line, though I will be watching individual players like LDT and Pughsley to see how they fare for a second week and what that might mean for the starters we select.

Focusing on run defense, especially against the starters. That Andre Ellington play left a sour taste in my mouth last week. It's something I had really hoped we would have fixed.

That Ellington play was he one bad play by March.
He had coverage, and let Ellington get behind him.

The other mistake there was there was no one in the deep middle, which almost certainly had ro be a break down in assignment by one of the safeties.

beach tribe
08-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Gonna be locked in on O-line and ILBs. Also Berry and want to see more of Branch. If he is truly healthy that could be huge.
He has flown completely under my radar until now.

siberian khatru
08-19-2015, 09:44 AM
To see who fucks the raccoon first.

Urc Burry
08-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Hopefully see some more of Peters and how he does on short quick wr's. Also Berry on Graham

Also I'll be keeping an eye on my draft crush outside of Peters.. Tyler Lockett :(

ThaVirus
08-19-2015, 09:46 AM
The 50 yarder by Ellington looked to be on Abdullah to me. Palmer threw a strike right between a diving Abdullah and DJ.

beach tribe
08-19-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm interested to see some defensive alignments with Parker, Berry and Branch on the field at the same time. KC has the personnel to run some heavy nickel & dime packages that should match up well vs the teams like like to spread and run zone read/play action.

Sutton likes these packages as well, and I'm sure we will see a lot of it during the season.

ptlyon
08-19-2015, 09:50 AM
To see who ****s the raccoon first.

Winner

Halfcan
08-19-2015, 09:51 AM

O-Line and ILBs.

:thumb: That seems to be your specialty. I can't record the game so it is hard to catch who is playing well at those positions. The announcers were talking about everything BUT the game last week. I look forward to reading your report.

Titty Meat
08-19-2015, 09:52 AM
WRs. There's some interesting battles going on for the 3-6 spots.

bdj23
08-19-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm ready to hop on the start Chase Daniel bandwagon!

Halfcan
08-19-2015, 09:53 AM
nah, seriously though:

alex throwing to WRs
1st team o line
seeing if DJ, berry, and devito are looking like they are back to their old selves
looking for any signs of life from dee ford

Pretty good list. I would like to see more of Irving and see Peters with an interception.

ChiefGator
08-19-2015, 09:59 AM
The announcers were talking about everything BUT the game last week.

This will be better this time around, right? They will either be impartial or Trent Green?

All I could find on NFL Network and streaming was the Cardinals broadcasters it seemed like.

BlackOp
08-19-2015, 10:00 AM
I expect the first team Defense to stop Seattle's first team offense and not let them shred them like the Cards did.

I'm not sure I consider what Arizona did "shreading". They had one broken play in the very first series...it looked like DJ took a bad angle after the initial whiff. They damn near made a goal-line stand. After the INT...they held them to a FG

I hope they dont play JC much. Other than that, o-line...and Howard. Maybe they will let Murray attempt a pass..

milkman
08-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Gonna be locked in on O-line and ILBs. Also Berry and want to see more of Branch. If he is truly healthy that could be huge.
He has flown completely under my radar until now.

Did you focus on these same groups in the first game?
If so, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

If you posted them elsewhere already, I missed them.

O.city
08-19-2015, 10:03 AM
The 50 yarder by Ellington looked to be on Abdullah to me. Palmer threw a strike right between a diving Abdullah and DJ.

I thought that too.

Halfcan
08-19-2015, 10:05 AM
This will be better this time around, right? They will either be impartial or Trent Green?

All I could find on NFL Network and streaming was the Cardinals broadcasters it seemed like.

I will probably turn the sound down and listen to the radio. Dawson is still my favorite announcer and he doesn't sugar coat every bad pass or play like Trent does. I like Trent, but he sucks Alex off way too much. Everything is rainbows and lollipops.

Dawson will call it like it is-"Alex needs to make that throw in that situation, there was nothing difficult about it."

Green- "That is another amazing incomplete pass by Alex, the receiver needs to try harder on that one."

Tombstone RJ
08-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Will Smith throw a TD pass to a WR? Is there a QB controversy brewing in KC?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-19-2015, 10:08 AM
I will be watching for evidence Dee Ford is not a bust !!!!

loochy
08-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Will Smith throw a TD pass to a WR? Is there a QB controversy brewing in KC?

No. Alex is a wonderful QB and just as wonderful a human being. Nobody can throw it better than him. In Alex we trust.

loochy
08-19-2015, 10:09 AM
I will be watching for evidence Dee Ford is not a bust !!!!

You must give him the Eric Fisher "well give him one more year (into perpetuity) to see if he develops" treatment.

Hog's Gone Fishin
I believe this game plays live on NFL network Friday night.

The Franchise
I thought that too.

Yep. I believe it was Abdullah with the missed tackle.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure I consider what Arizona did "shreading". They had one broken play in the very first series...it looked like DJ took a bad angle after the initial whiff. They damn near made a goal-line stand. After the INT...they held them to a FG

I hope they dont play JC much. Other than that, o-line...and Howard. Maybe they will let Murray attempt a pass..

Palmer played one drive, correct? That one drive was for 80 yards and a TD, correct?

I want to see KC stop Seattle's #1 offense, something they didn't do to Arizona.

Saying they "almost" made a goal line stand and the big gain was just the error of one player, are just excuses. I would say that a lot of big plays are the result of one player getting beat, or filling the wrong hole, etc.

thabear04
08-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Palmer played one drive, correct? That one drive was for 80 yards and a TD, correct?

I want to see KC stop Seattle's #1 offense, something they didn't do to Arizona.

Saying they "almost" made a goal line stand and the big gain was just the error of one player, are just excuses. I would say that a lot of big plays are the result of one player getting beat, or filling the wrong hole, etc.

Yes Palmer only had that drive he was 4/4.

I would like to see if Maclin could burn that loud mouth. And Kelce run over Earl Thomas again.

The Franchise
08-19-2015, 10:36 AM
I want to see Chris Conley.

BlackOp
08-19-2015, 10:40 AM

It came on one play..in the first series of the first preseason game. No game planning. If they keep getting gashed on every drive...I'll be concerned. It's not like they sustained a methodical 10 play drive.

O.city
08-19-2015, 10:50 AM
No injuries.

End thread

Deberg_1990
08-19-2015, 10:59 AM
I'll be looking for evidence of Chase Daniel starting

beach tribe
08-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Did you focus on these same groups in the first game?
If so, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

If you posted them elsewhere already, I missed them.

I was too busy to really pay good enough attention to form a valid opinion on anything.

milkman
08-19-2015, 11:19 AM
I was too busy to really pay good enough attention to form a valid opinion on anything.

Useless bastard.

:p

BoneKrusher
08-19-2015, 11:34 AM
I wanna see Alex Smith complete a pass of at least 25 yards to a WR.

loochy
08-19-2015, 11:36 AM
I wanna see Alex Smith complete a pass of at least 25 yards to a WR.

Meaning the ball actually goes 25 or more yards IN THE AIR and NOT the ball goes 3 yards and the receiver breaks a long run.

ThaVirus
08-19-2015, 11:38 AM
No injuries.

End thread

I'll legitimately be interested in seeing every aspect of the team, but this is the most important thing.

RunKC
08-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Chris Conley will show you why he was our best draft pick.

mdchiefsfan
08-19-2015, 11:58 AM
I want to see Chris Conley.

This

FlaChief58
08-19-2015, 12:05 PM
I'd like to see Alex complete a couple of 20+ yard passes, the O-line provide a decent pocket and running lanes and the D to stop their #1 O. After that I'm hoping our 2nd stringers put up another performance like they did against the Cards

thabear04
08-19-2015, 12:07 PM
I wanna see this from Houston during the season.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/images/FilmRoom/FilmRoom-103014-1.gif

MMXcalibur
08-19-2015, 12:08 PM
- Alex Smith throw the ball down the field....preferably to wide receivers.
- Offensive line play.
- Fred Williams.
- Chancandrick West.
- Marcus Peters
- No injuries. For the love of Christ, no injuries.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 12:33 PM
ILBers, Offensive line, Charcandrick West, Da'Ron Brown and Fred Williams.

Does Alex Smith outperform Chase Daniel?

el borracho
08-19-2015, 12:34 PM
I'll be watching for hidden touchdowns. Duh.

DJ's left nut
08-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Sadly, not enough of the OL is really intact to get a good read on it, but I'll be watching Pughsley to see if he's showing enough to make the roster and Fulton to see if he's improving his run blocking. LDT will also be interesting to keep an eye on.

Conley's a gimme - I really want to see his footwork. I also want to see if Brown can show out again. Even though it will be against the 2s, that's such an aggressive DB unit that it will be interesting to see if he can still find space against them.

Peters and Cooper - Peters for obvious reasons but as for Cooper I still just don't know quite what we have there. He's probably not a starting caliber CB like we'd hoped but could he give us a Fleming impression and earn a spot as a guy that can start for a game or two in a pinch?

Wilson in run support - I still think he's a guy who picks through the pile rather than a guy that will actually fill his gap. Same story with Ford.

Howard's ability to anchor as the NT - is he really a guy that we can get by with there without substantially altering our scheme? Can Bailey actually demonstrate a 'finesse' move here and there or is he just going to continue being a bull in a china shop out there.

Chief Faithful
08-19-2015, 01:09 PM
1. Duvernay-Tardiff – could he be the answer at RG? Seems to be the second best guard in the last game can he repeat?
2. Pughsly – Does he deserve a roster spot over players like Fanika? Was last week a mirage?
3. Ramik Wilson – could he be the answer at ILB?
4. Taylor + O’Shaughnessy – could this mean the end of the Harris experiment? Will they continue to play well as #2 & 3?
5. David Irving – very intriguing at DE. I want to see more.
6. Fred Williams – has he surpassed Frankie Hammond?
7. Mitch Morse – that can’t be a rookie.
8. Dee Ford – ready to play?
9. Marcus Peters – will he get tested this week? This guy is special good.
10. West – WOW! Is he for real?
11. Wilson + Maclin – I like what I see will it get better?

Mr. Laz
08-19-2015, 01:23 PM
QB containment is something new i'll be watching for.

other than that, just about the same thing as last time

Oline and n00bs

ThaVirus
08-19-2015, 01:40 PM
It'll be interesting to see if our secondary can bottle up Tyler Lockett.

MotherfuckerJones
08-19-2015, 01:40 PM
What are your expectations from certain players and units?

The ones should play the 1st half.

I wonder how will the OLine will do with both Allen and Fisher out?

Will Wilson test Peters frequently?

Will Murray showing any indication of his progress that he is "the one" to eventually replace Smith?

Im focusing on the first team. Want to see some ball movement there. I want to see this oline continue to improve. Im curious to see what the first team oline looks like. I want to see West, Brown and Williams more in this offense. Im going to be watching the WRs more. Id like to see some more deep shots.

Id like to see the defense continue to progress with Poe out. Im going to be watching Peters some more. I want to see Ford, Irving some more.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 02:30 PM

LMAO

Lockett didn't even take a single snap at WR against Denver

The Franchise
08-19-2015, 02:59 PM
I'd also add that I want to see Catapano actually do something.....anything.

And I'll be watching D.J. Alexander as well.

Tribal Warfare
08-19-2015, 03:01 PM
- No injuries. For the love of Christ, no injuries.

This

CaliforniaChief
I'm looking for:

1. No injuries.
2. The 1's to look good.
3. Someone to burn one of those "12" flags.

The Franchise
LMAO

Should be pretty easy to bottle him up then.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Apparently the O-line is going to be a dumpster fire, so I'll probably withhold judgment on the offense.

The defense needs to get it's shit together fast, because that one drive against Arizona's starters was bad.

thabear04
08-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Should be pretty easy to bottle him up then.

One thing is don't kick it to Lockett he look good on punt/kick off.

ThaVirus
08-19-2015, 03:12 PM
LMAO

And?

Lzen
08-19-2015, 03:20 PM
I'll be curious to see which players that had good showings against Arizona can do it again. That's the thing with backups and young players. Sure, they can do it occasionally. But consistency is key.

ViperVisor
08-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Knile. blitz pickup
Dee Ford. Run support. He did mix up his pass rush approach and didn't just try and run around the OT.
Conley.

scho63
08-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Coming to ChiefsPlanet after the game to find out what happened. Will not watch

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 03:41 PM
And?

LMAO

You're worried about the Chiefs secondary "bottling up" a rookie who hasn't taken a live snap?

Seriously?

MotherfuckerJones
08-19-2015, 03:42 PM
LMAO

You're worried about the Chiefs secondary "bottling up" a rookie who hasn't taken a live snap?

Seriously?

Some really earth shattering takes eh? ROFL

beach tribe
08-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Useless bastard.

:p
LMAO

ThaVirus
08-19-2015, 04:25 PM
LMAO

Seriously?

To: "I'm worried about it" is quite the stretch.

ThaVirus
08-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Did you guys happen to see Lockett's return skills? The kid is blazing fast.

IT'LL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF OUR SECONDARY CAN BOTTLE HIM UP.

MotherfuckerJones
08-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Apparently the O-line is going to be a dumpster fire, so I'll probably withhold judgment on the offense.

The defense needs to get it's shit together fast, because that one drive against Arizona's starters was bad.

It was their first live action in a year. One bad play they gave up. On a short field they held AZ to a FG. Defense was fine Queen Overreaction.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2015, 04:34 PM
It was their first live action in a year. One bad play they gave up. On a short field they held AZ to a FG. Defense was fine Queen Overreaction.

A TD drive in 7 plays is not what I'd call fine.

Standards have fallen here. We need to see this team DO SOMETHING.

MeatRock
08-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Ramik Wilson. Really want to see him hitting gaps.
O'Shaughnessy. We really need a decent #2 TE.
David Irving. Gotta see if the dude is legit.
Marcus Peters. Of course. I think he's a future lock down corner.
Dee Ford. Make a play, any play.

MotherfuckerJones
08-19-2015, 04:41 PM

I really hope Peters is legit. Adding a lockdown corner to this defense would be tremendous.

Halfcan
08-19-2015, 04:46 PM
I really hope Peters is legit. Adding a lockdown corner to this defense would be tremendous.

:thumb: He sure seems to be holding his own so far. He has had what..5 Ints in camp? Not bad.

beach tribe
08-19-2015, 04:47 PM

I think he's as close to a sure thing as unproven rookies get.

Gonna be a...shit, is a Fn stud.

milkman
08-19-2015, 04:49 PM

Don't hold your breath.