PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Judge Berman is a good old fashioned jackass

Red Dawg
08-19-2015, 08:30 PM
The fact that he seems to be leaning towards pissing all over the power the commissioner has by siding with Brady and all his bullshit. The CBA point blank gives Goodell authority to do exactly what he has done. Period! What the hell does all the tiny holes in the evidence matter? It shouldn't. Balls were deflated, Brady is mentioned by the guys that were doing via their phones, he failed to help the investigation in every way he could so Goodell suspended him.

He has the power to do it in the CBA and this jackass thousand year old judge doesn't care. He's acting like Brady is some victim when he's just a whiny baby. No other player has been given such treatment by the Players association or a judge. ****ing pitiful that some can just do whatever they want and walk away just because of who they are.

Total bullshit.

Wallcrawler
08-19-2015, 08:32 PM
heh.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2015, 08:33 PM
I hope Brady walks. :)

MMXcalibur
08-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Can't wait to see what the Patriots do next to skirt the rules.
Smug motherfuckers.

Red Dawg
08-19-2015, 08:34 PM
I hope Brady walks. :)

Me to, into the street and gets hit by a bus.

Dante84
08-19-2015, 08:35 PM
No proof.

If someone is taking 25% of my yearly wages away, and tarnishing my record, they better be damned sure they have proof that I deserve the punishment.

Otherwise, I'm suing.

Good for Brady.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 08:42 PM
The fact that he seems to be leaning towards pissing all over the power the commissioner has by siding with Brady and all his bullshit. The CBA point blank gives Goodell authority to do exactly what he has done. Period! What the hell does all the tiny holes in the evidence matter? It shouldn't. Balls were deflated, Brady is mentioned by the guys that were doing via their phones, he failed to help the investigation in every way he could so Goodell suspended him.

He has the power to do it in the CBA and this jackass thousand year old judge doesn't care. He's acting like Brady is some victim when he's just a whiny baby. No other player has been given such treatment by the Players association or a judge. ****ing pitiful that some can just do whatever they want and walk away just because of who they are.

Total bullshit.

:deevee:

Brock
08-19-2015, 08:45 PM
I love to see stupid people get angry. Go break a window tucked daddy.

BryanBusby
08-19-2015, 08:59 PM
The NFL tried to bully Brady and they aren't gonna get away with it.

He offered his own suspension for not cooperating, but not good enough for Roger.

Good for Brady imo. Roger Goodell sucks.

Marcellus
08-19-2015, 09:03 PM
I used to defend Goodell. I stopped.

If you look at the Brady Deflategate case without bias it deserved a fine of around $100,000 and that's it. In the rules it states equipment violations are $25,000 each and precedent was set during the year with teams heating balls in cold weather games.

There is no actual proof Brady did anything.

There is also a huge lapse in the procedures the NFL had in place.

The NFL has ****ed this all up and the only people happy are NE haters.

Red Dawg
08-19-2015, 09:14 PM
Brady has been hiding something from the very start. Its extremely obvious and only a idiot would think otherwise with all his bullshit starting with his guilty as hell sounding press conference. Phone gone. Text messages to Jastremski are gone out of 10k they turned over. The three missing are to guess who? The deflator.

But of course no way he knew anything. What a lie. He is only pissed because for the first time shit did not go his way like his lucky as career has.

notorious
Employee vs. Large Evil Corporation.

Who would you normally be behind?

Deberg_1990
I just don't give a shit. Doesn't effect my life in any way.

But Brady is guilty as hell though

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Brady has been hiding something from the very start. Its extremely obvious and only a idiot would think otherwise with all his bullshit starting with his guilty as hell sounding press conference. Phone gone. Text messages to Jastremski are gone out of 10k they turned over. The three missing are to guess who? The deflator.

But of course no way he knew anything. What a lie. He is only pissed because for the first time shit did not go his way like his lucky as career has.

:deevee:

MMXcalibur
08-19-2015, 09:19 PM

If you look at the Brady Deflategate case without bias it deserved a fine of around $100,000 and that's it. In the rules it states equipment violations are $25,000 each and precedent was set during the year with teams heating balls in cold weather games.

I want to stick it to these Patriot clowns....but as you said, if you look at this from a completely unbiased lens: the NFL has fucked this up beyond recognition.

I stand firm that Tom Brady did something wrong. There's just too much there for me to think he's completely innocent. If the NFL has set the punishment as a fine in the past, then that should have been the ruling here.

Dante84
08-19-2015, 09:20 PM

No proof.

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 10:32 PM
No proof.

Except he isn't being suspended for deflating footballs. He is being suspended for not cooperating with the investigation.

BryanBusby
08-19-2015, 10:39 PM
Except he isn't being suspended for deflating footballs. He is being suspended for not cooperating with the investigation.
You're not reading into it fully. Brady has been willing to lise a game for not being cooperative, but the NFL refuses any settlement unless Brady admits guilt.

They don't give a fuck about the investigation. They want him to admit he's guilty so that Roger doesn't get more backlash and that's all they give a fuck about.

He is going to skate with a fine because Roger is dumb.

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 10:42 PM
You're not reading into it fully. Brady has been willing to lise a game for not being cooperative, but the NFL refuses any settlement unless Brady admits guilt.

They don't give a **** about the investigation. They want him to admit he's guilty so that Roger doesn't get more backlash and that's all they give a **** about.

He is going to skate with a fine because Roger is dumb.

Doesn't matter what Brady wants. It is what is in the CBA. If Brady didn't want to be under the rules established by the CBA, he should of quit the NFL Players Union.

BryanBusby
08-19-2015, 10:45 PM
Doesn't matter what Brady wants. It is what is in the CBA. If Brady didn't want to be under the rules established by the CBA, he should of quit the NFL Players Union.
It actually doew matter since judges and outside arbitration has been throwing out Goodell's stupid ass decisions.

Even the guy that hand picked him for the role struck down his stupid ruling on Bountygate, which had more evidence than this shit.

Hootie
08-19-2015, 10:47 PM
I just don't fucking care anymore. Just let Brady play. Who cares? I'm so over it.

eDave
08-19-2015, 10:49 PM
I just don't fucking care anymore. Just let Brady play. Who cares? I'm so over it.

He'll miss 2

Dave Lane

Total bullshit.

Have you ever had a reasonable thought in your life?

GloucesterChief
I just don't ****ing care anymore. Just let Brady play. Who cares? I'm so over it.

It would be ironic if Brady won this and then got Theismanned the first game back.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 10:51 PM
If Brady didn't want to be under the rules established by the CBA, he should of quit the NFL Players Union.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 10:52 PM
It would be ironic if Brady won this and then got Theismanned the first game back.

:rolleyes:

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 10:52 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes, we know you love Tom Terrific.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Yes, we know you love Tom Terrific.

No.

But we do know that your grammar sucks and that you're extremely biased.

And wishing injury on someone is a dick move.

eDave
08-19-2015, 10:55 PM
http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/626390/resized_baby-courage-wolf-meme-generator-i-didn-t-do-it-besides-no-one-saw-me-b970d5.jpg

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 11:02 PM
No.

Considering your ardent defense of him over multiple threads, your denial rings hollow.

But we do know that your grammar sucks

It is a message board. I don't expect perfect grammar. Not sure why you are so caught up on it.

and that you're extremely biased.

Yeah, I tend to not like teams that got caught cheating and then got caught cheating again. Acting high and mighty about it tends to not engender warm feelings either.

You know, I never liked USC under the Carroll regime either.

And wishing injury on someone is a dick move.

I said it would be ironic. Not that I hoped it would happen. What I would of liked to see happen is the NFL go to discovery and see how deep the cheating goes. They chose not to though.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Considering your ardent defense of him over multiple threads, your denial rings hollow.

Fuck you. This is outright bullshit.

I've stated repeatedly that I have NO interest in Brady and that the Wells Report was a piece of fucking dogshit.

Just like you.

It is a message board. I don't expect perfect grammar. Not sure why you are so caught up on it.

It shows your apparent lack of education and smarts. As if those weren't already evident.

Yeah, I tend to not like teams that got caught cheating and then got caught cheating again. Acting high and mighty about it tends to not engender warm feelings either.

You know, I never liked USC under the Carroll regime either.

Who gives a fuck?

I said it would be ironic. Not that I hoped it would happen. What I would of liked to see happen is the NFL go to discovery and see how deep the cheating goes. They chose not to though.

Dick move

BryanBusby
08-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Talk about being passive aggressive.

Just say you wish injury on Tom Brady you pussy

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 11:09 PM
**** you. This is outright bullshit.

I've stated repeatedly that I have NO interest in Brady and that the Wells Report was a piece of ****ing dogshit.

Just like you.

I see I hit a sore spot. Must be the truth then. Let go of the anger and just admit it.

It shows your apparent lack of education and smarts. As if those weren't already evident.

Insults. Last vestige of the desperate. I will admit that it shows that I don't put to much effort into proofreading a post of a message board.

Who gives a ****?

Apparently you.

Dick move

Black humor.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 11:10 PM
I see I hit a sore spot. Must be the truth then. Let go of the anger and just admit it.

Insults. Last vestige of the desperate. I will admit that it shows that I don't put to much effort into proofreading a post of a message board.

Apparently you.

Black humor.

Do you still suck your thumb at night?

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Do you still suck your thumb at night?

I am not sure where you are going with this. To answer your question. No. I don't remember ever doing so.

Mav
08-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Fuck Goodell, Fuck Tom Brady, fuck the patriots, and fuck patriots fans. As the wise eminem said "fuck em all"

Pablo
08-19-2015, 11:25 PM
The team plane going down would be pretty cool.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 11:26 PM
I am not sure where you are going with this. To answer your question. No. I don't remember ever doing so.

Well, considering your pissing all over this thread and pulling shit out of your ass, it was a valid question considering you're acting like a baby.

Oh, and an ill-informed dumbfuck.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Fuck Goodell, Fuck Tom Brady, fuck the patriots, and fuck patriots fans. As the wise eminem said "fuck em all"

You jumped ship just in time since the 49ers will challenge the Lions for 0-16 supremacy this year.

Mav
08-19-2015, 11:31 PM
You jumped ship just in time since the 49ers will challenge the Lions for 0-16 supremacy this year.

Fuck them too.

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 11:35 PM
Well, considering your pissing all over this thread and pulling shit out of your ass, it was a valid question considering you're acting like a baby.

Hmm. Who is acting more childlike. You who is hurling insults at the drop of a hat or me who isn't? I would say that you have done more to derail this thread than anybody else, but that is just my opinion.

Oh, and an ill-informed dumb****.

Again with the insults. Please stop projecting your behavior on others. It is not healthy.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Hmm. Who is acting more childlike. You who is hurling insults at the drop of a hat or me who isn't? I would say that you have done more to derail this thread than anybody else, but that is just my opinion.

Again with the insults. Please stop projecting your behavior on others. It is not healthy.

You know what? Fuck you.

Prove that I've "sided" with Brady, you fucking twat or just shut the fuck up.

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 11:54 PM
You know what? **** you.

Why are you so hostile Dane?

Prove that I've "sided" with Brady, you ****ing twat or just shut the **** up.

You state that you have no love for Brady. Yet your incredible defense of him reveals otherwise. A revealed preference instead of a stated one. I can understand it from a Patriots fan, as the legitimacy of their championships relies on the Patriots not being cheaters, but why would a Chiefs fan go to such great lengths to defend Brady? In multiple threads and multiple posts, not a one off thing at all.

I could see a Chiefs fan hoping both sides lose or not caring at all if they weren't anti-Patriots but to repeatedly defend him and the Patriots? Seems like there a lot more there.

Combine that with your vitriolic emotional response when called when it was suggested that you do love Tom Brady leads me to believe that you do in fact love Tom Brady and the Patriots. I am open to hearing other explanations from you as to why that is not the case.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Why are you so hostile Dane?

You state that you have no love for Brady. Yet your incredible defense of him reveals otherwise. A revealed preference instead of a stated one. I can understand it from a Patriots fan, as the legitimacy of their championships relies on the Patriots not being cheaters, but why would a Chiefs fan go to such great lengths to defend Brady? In multiple threads and multiple posts, not a one off thing at all.

I could see a Chiefs fan hoping both sides lose or not caring at all if they weren't anti-Patriots but to repeatedly defend him and the Patriots? Seems like there a lot more there.

Combine that with your vitriolic emotional response when called when it was suggested that you do love Tom Brady leads me to believe that you do in fact love Tom Brady and the Patriots. I am open to hearing other explanations from you as to why that is not the case.

You're boring and wrong.

Again, fuck off.

GloucesterChief
08-19-2015, 11:57 PM
You're boring and wrong.

I am sorry that you feel that way. Maybe if I laced my posts with profanities I would be more entertaining to you?

Again, **** off.

So Dane loves Tom Brady and the Patriots it is then.

BlackOp
08-20-2015, 12:09 AM
I used to really respect Brady...too much sketchy shit went down for him to be 100% innocent. Occam razor principle is in full effect here...not that interested in how much his million dollar law team tries to point the light away. Didnt do anything..dont obstruct an investigation... as anything they find would only makes things worse for you...very simple. If you are trying to clear your name/image....you dont complicate it. Say "see...this is bullshit"..and roll. Brady has an image that's worth 100's of millions in the future..you would think he would want to be cooperative? His actions dont match up...he would be going out of his way to defend it.

His lawyers told him to destroy his phone..no doubt in my mind. Then they used their forked tongues to distort common sense.

Dave Lane
08-20-2015, 12:27 AM

You do understand the the RULE for altering equipment per the collective bargaining agreement is a maximum fine of $25,000 and no suspension? Yes?

Dave Lane
08-20-2015, 12:31 AM
He'll miss 2

Nope he will not be suspended.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 12:37 AM
I
His lawyers told him to destroy his phone..no doubt in my mind. Then they used their forked tongues to distort common sense.

Fuckin' A, could you know less about this?

:facepalm:

Jamie
08-20-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm basically just rooting against an equitable settlement at this point, I want one side or the other to get fucked. Preferably the league, because it'd (hopefully) be another step toward getting Goodell fired, which is the greatest good that could come out of this. But if it went the other way it wouldn't hurt my feelings or anything.

LoneWolf
08-20-2015, 02:25 AM
No proof.

Per the CBA, they don't have to have proof "beyond a reasonable doubt".

-King-
08-20-2015, 02:36 AM
I hope Brady walks. :) Me too tbh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 06:43 AM

Total bullshit.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Berman is just pointing out how amazingly flawed this entire process was. Applying rules to Brady that have never been applied to players before, handing down punishments that aren't set forth in the rules and are completely disproportionate to any punishment handed down before for similar infractions, preventing witnesses from being interviewed, saying one thing to the public to spin public perception while doing/saying other things in court and in private, the whole thing has been a circus.

Seriously, whatever happens to Brady, Goodell's "ability" to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, needs to stop. I can't imagine the players not going to war over this when the CBA is up.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 06:46 AM

That would be great if anyone actually KNEW that. The NFL just mushes it all together. It seems to be both, based on what Pash said in court yesterday.

Equipment violation -- $25,000 fine (per rules). Biggest punishment in NFL history for failure to cooperate? $50,000.

Brady -- 4 game suspension. ?! WTF?

Berman is rightly troubled by the failure to have a good process, and by the lack of consistency.

NOTE: this does NOT mean Brady wins. Berman may ultimately uphold the suspension because of the HUGE deference arbitrators get, but he's clearly massively troubled by the entire process, which is what I've been saying all along.

KCUnited
08-20-2015, 07:06 AM
NFL in talks with Lifetime for new Thursday Night television deal.

Dante84
08-20-2015, 07:09 AM

Right, and the other time it happened, it was Favre, who paid a small fine.

King_Chief_Fan
08-20-2015, 07:25 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Berman is just pointing out how amazingly flawed this entire process was. Applying rules to Brady that have never been applied to players before, handing down punishments that aren't set forth in the rules and are completely disproportionate to any punishment handed down before for similar infractions, preventing witnesses from being interviewed, saying one thing to the public to spin public perception while doing/saying other things in court and in private, the whole thing has been a circus.

Seriously, whatever happens to Brady, Goodell's "ability" to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, needs to stop. I can't imagine the players not going to war over this when the CBA is up.
I hate agreeing with a pats fan.....but, this.

LoneWolf
08-20-2015, 07:26 AM

Not cooperating in an investigation into an incident that was not related to football is not the same as not cooperating with an investigation into an incident involving the integrity of the game.

In other words, dick pics < deflated footballs.

FringeNC
08-20-2015, 07:45 AM
People still believe balls were deflated? Seriously? I hope you guys don't vote.

Science completely exonerates the Patriots.

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 07:50 AM

Favre shit was not a direct hit to the games integrity of which the commish is there to keep as his first priority. Definitely more of a civil matter. This was the AFC Championship game and clearly on going through the season based on the the texts.

Brady hiding crap and not cooperating is way different.

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 07:51 AM
People still believe balls were deflated? Seriously? I hope you guys don't vote.

Science completely exonerates the Patriots.

Yeah the "Deflator" had nothing to do with it.

Sully
08-20-2015, 07:52 AM
No proof.

If someone is taking 25% of my yearly wages away, and tarnishing my record, they better be damned sure they have proof that I deserve the punishment.

Otherwise, I'm suing.

Good for Brady.

I agree with what you typed in the quoted post above.

Sully
08-20-2015, 07:52 AM

I also agree with the words typed in this quoted post.

Chief Roundup
08-20-2015, 07:53 AM
I love to see stupid people get angry. Go break a window tucked daddy.

I have been noticing for a while now that you go around trying to find ways to put people down with most of your posts. You are a better member than this behavior. Nothing like personal attacks.

FringeNC
08-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Yeah the "Deflator" had nothing to do with it.

It's like someone failing to cooperate with a murder investigation, having suspicious texts with regards to motive, only to discover that murder victim turned up alive. Sure, let's fry 'em anyway.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2015, 07:59 AM
I used to really respect Brady...too much sketchy shit went down for him to be 100% innocent. Occam razor principle is in full effect here...not that interested in how much his million dollar law team tries to point the light away. Didnt do anything..dont obstruct an investigation... as anything they find would only makes things worse for you...very simple. If you are trying to clear your name/image....you dont complicate it. Say "see...this is bullshit"..and roll. Brady has an image that's worth 100's of millions in the future..you would think he would want to be cooperative? His actions dont match up...he would be going out of his way to defend it.

Holy Tin Foil hat batman... All I can say is just WOW.....

Reerun_KC
08-20-2015, 08:06 AM
I so hope nothing happens to Brady, just because so many people sided with Goddell because of their hate of successful teams..

Seeing Brady on opening day and knowing the haters will be gnashing teeth on Goddells cock will be worth it...

ChiefGator
08-20-2015, 08:09 AM
The NFL is a government approved monopoly with owners working in a fair amount of collusion to set the market. That monopoly is approved as long as they operate in a way that is fair and balanced.

Having a monopoly tell a person they are barred from work or making money is something that could use oversight, especially in cases this strange and circumstantial.

I actually think the NFL operated in an attrocious manner, including smear campaigns via leaked stories, mis-representing the entire investigation process, and then provided no real oversight, when in the past they have asked someone like Tags to come in and review the evidence.

The NFL brought this on themselves honestly.

wazu
08-20-2015, 08:14 AM
Heard an analysis this morning that the judge is just blowing smoke so they'll settle. We'll see. What would be awesome to see would be a suspension of the suspension that drags this on for a few more months, with a verdict coming out in early January that upholds 4 games.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Heard an analysis this morning that the judge is just blowing smoke so they'll settle. We'll see. What would be awesome to see would be a suspension of the suspension that drags this on for a few more months, with a verdict coming out in early January that upholds 4 games.

I have certainly seen it go both ways, and it is VERY dangerous to "read the tea leaves" when it comes to judges/arbitrators/mediators. Often they will beat up on the side that is the LEAST willing to move, just to get them to move. And, of course, I've seen them beat up on the side that most deserves beating up becaues their position is untenable.

Bottom line -- while Brady and his team are looking as good as possible with Berman, it may NOT mean Brady wins. Berman could just be trying to get the NFL off the dime on their "admit guilt" bullshit, or whatever.

Which, btw, is an amazing position for the NFL to take. It really just reinforces the fact that this has ALWAYS been more about the PR and public perception than anything else.

The Franchise
08-20-2015, 08:33 AM

I do. I hope they end his career this season.

alpha_omega
08-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Really wishing this story would just go away.

I still don't understand why the NFL didn't/doesn't have control of the footballs in the first place.

morphius
08-20-2015, 08:34 AM
I actually think the NFL operated in an attrocious manner, including smear campaigns via leaked stories, mis-representing the entire investigation process, and then provided no real oversight, when in the past they have asked someone like Tags to come in and review the evidence.

It would be funny if the Judge offered up 100,000 fine for Brady and 250,000 fine of Goodell for his offices actions.

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 08:35 AM
No proof.

Otherwise, I'm suing.

Good for Brady.

True but pending your law suit your ass would be suspended from work. Right? Of course it would so why the hell should Brady not serve his short suspension.

Brady could care less about the money or his name. He just wants to play, that is all he is after. He won't sue no matter how it goes.

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 08:38 AM
I so hope nothing happens to Brady, just because so many people sided with Goddell because of their hate of successful teams..

Seeing Brady on opening day and knowing the haters will be gnashing teeth on Goddells cock will be worth it...

Clearly you have had too much cum shot in yours eyes to see the truth.

Brock
08-20-2015, 08:44 AM
I have been noticing for a while now that you go around trying to find ways to put people down with most of your posts. You are a better member than this behavior. Nothing like personal attacks.

I just now noticed that you go around lying about other people's behavior. You're better than that, probably. Or maybe not.

FringeNC
08-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Just suppose the Patriots are guilty of deflating the footballs, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. My questions is this: why is BRADY at the center of it. It makes much more sense to argue that the Patriots organization should have been "generally aware", and therefore, the organization alone should have been punished.

Here's my conspiracy theory: What NE Patriot player refused to attend the White House SB winner event?

Chief Roundup
08-20-2015, 08:51 AM
I just now noticed that you go around lying about other people's behavior. You're better than that, probably. Or maybe not.

Not lying about anything. You have done this to me several times being completely off base and then after that you have asked about what I meant because you wanted to act this way but had already been wrong a couple of times. You have done this same thing to others.

tooge
08-20-2015, 08:53 AM
I think the Patriots are lying, cheating shit bags. I think Brady has been asking for his guys to deflate the footballs for several years. I think he is skirting the investigation. You know what though? I love that the all powerful NFL is getting bitch slapped in front of everyone. This league has gone down hill since Goodell took over.

stevieray
08-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Nope he will not be suspended.I agree...and if the Pats were bottom feeders, nobody would give a damn.

...story is ironic because people defend cheating all the time on this board.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 09:12 AM

Total bullshit.

Apparently, you really haven't followed the details of the case or read Kessler's brief. Most lawyers tweeting, who are not all Patriot's fans think Goodell's case is bullshit. You're making the same case the NFL is making—because we can do it—and that's it. Yet, how many NFL punishments have been overturned by courts to date?

Lemme know how you feel if it ever happens to one of your players. I suspect you will change your mind.

Goodell is a wannabe dictator, who made numerous violations of the CBA himself. So much for the CBA allowing him to do whatever he wants. The judge isn't deciding on the merits of this case, but procedure aka lack of fairness and arbitraries.

That being said, just because the judge beat up the NFL, for it's lack of evidence and lack of impartiality in its process, no one knows what the final decision the judge will make. He's trying to encourage settlement and so far, only Brady's side has made a single move in that direction. This makes the NFL, loaded with former Jets in their front office, look BAD. The NFL is corrupt.

Players are watching and they know that Goodell will be able to lord it over all of them too. It's not good for any other player in the league that Goodell can just arbitrarily decide or ignore the CBA. It's no wonder over 80% of the players don't think there should be any suspension.

If the NFL loses, I see Goodell on his last legs as commish.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 09:15 AM
I agree...and if the Pats were bottom feeders, nobody would give a damn.

...story is ironic because people defend cheating all the time on this board.

I remember the cheers here when Pollard took out Brady's knee.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 09:17 AM
I think the Patriots are lying, cheating shit bags. I think Brady has been asking for his guys to deflate the footballs for several years.
The evidence does not show he ever wanted balls deflated below the lower but still legal standard. In fact, the evidence, which is even in the Wells report shows he insisted on the rule being followed on the legal limit once he found out about it.

Facts will never weigh in on this matter though. The court of public OPINION only.

Yeah, every player on the Patriots' cheat. I think every player is being accused of what BB did. Brady is being considered a cheater because of what his coach was doing in Spygate—the one incident which wasn't even a rule before, but changed by Goodell as he made up new rules as we went along.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 09:20 AM

Remember the cheering here when Pollard injured Brady, taking him out for a whole season?

That's all you need to know about some here.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 09:21 AM

Ah, actually it was Goodell who engaged in multiple violations of the CBA. Did
you actually follow this closely? Doesn't sound like it. Even sports media has begun to shift their story, now that more facts are out.

The alleged offense by Brady warrants only a fine.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Have you ever had a reasonable thought in your life?

No, he hasn't that is obvious!

Mav
08-20-2015, 09:25 AM

That's Brock. I've been here over two years. His entire post production is built from attacking others. It's a superiority complex developed from a very small penis.

Mav
08-20-2015, 09:26 AM
No, he hasn't that is obvious!

You're one to talk.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 09:27 AM
You're one to talk.

Nope. You are projecting. See below:

That's Brock. I've been here over two years. His entire post production is built from attacking others. It's a superiority complex developed from a very small penis.

Mav
08-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Nope. You are.

Aww how cute. You opinion is very valuable to me......

Mav
08-20-2015, 09:31 AM
Nope. You are projecting. See below:

Actually if you look back at Brock's post history a reasonable non useless member of Chiefs planet would come to the conclusion that I am correct. Plus Brock and I have history. I even respect him as a poster.

You, not so much, and 98%of Chiefs planet is right there with me.

And you need to do research on projecting.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 09:32 AM
What's most impressive is how there is at least some reversal of the public tide of sentiment which seemed 100% against Brady prior to filing the appeal. It seems more players and reporters, and more NFL fans, are understanding that this was just a terrible process. Releasing Brady's transcript (which the NFL wanted to keep sealed) also helped.

I'm sure he still doesn't have majority support outside of New England, but it seems at least more people are realizing what a farce the NFL's system of "justice" is.

Mav
08-20-2015, 09:35 AM
Ah, actually it was Goodell who engaged in multiple violations of the CBA. Did

you actually follow this closely? Doesn't sound like it. Even sports media has begun to shift their story, now that more facts are out.

The alleged offense by Brady warrants only a fine.

Myopic thoughts are myopic. It isn't, and hasn't been for a while about the PSI. It's all about the lack of cooperation, which Brady has agreed to and is willing to accept the suspension for.

Which is what he got hammered for. But I understand, this is way above your level of understanding.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Myopic thoughts are myopic. It isn't, and hasn't been for a while about the PSI. It's all about the lack of cooperation, which Brady has agreed to and is willing to accept the suspension for.

Which is why he got hammered for. But I understand, this is way above your level of understanding.

Except, well, you're wrong. Nash (the NFL's lawyer) has refused to say how many games were for deflation, and how many were for lack of cooperation.

In attempting to determine the rationale for how the league arrived at a four-game ban, Berman asked Nash how much of Brady's suspension was based on the offense itself and how much was based on his lack of cooperation with investigators.

"It isn't broken down that way," said Nash. "… There are people in the NFL who believe it should be four games for ball deflation and four for not cooperating."

That answer didn't satisfy the judge, who pressed the NFL attorney on the potential length of suspension for someone who tampers with footballs but cooperates with the subsequent investigation. Nash responded that the punishment in that case would be up to the commissioner.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-08-19/deflategate-hearing-tom-brady-roger-goodell-patriots-judge-berman

Also, rumors have flown regarding what Brady will/won't accept. It's pretty clear he would accept a FINE for lack of cooperation, but less clear that he would accept any suspension (and certainly not four games) for failure to cooperate.

He also clearly won't agree with the findings of the Wells Report.

Mav
08-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Except, well, you're wrong. Pash (the NFL's lawyer) has refused to say how many games were for deflation, and how many were for lack of cooperation.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-08-19/deflategate-hearing-tom-brady-roger-goodell-patriots-judge-berman

Also, rumors have flown regarding what Brady will/won't accept. It's pretty clear he would accept a FINE for lack of cooperation, but less clear that he would accept any suspension (and certainly not four games) for failure to cooperate.

He also clearly won't agree with the findings of the Wells Report.

Ian Rappaport last night stated that Brady was willing to accept the suspension for not Cooperating. But wouldn't agree with the wells report. So, no, I'm not wrong. I just use the latest info.

So, uh, I guess you're wrong.

It's also very cute when a Pats fan wants to hang to this notion that Tom Brady was at best "generally " aware. He was fully aware. And I don't even care. Hell when I was in the army a drill sergeant told us during basic, if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

So really I have no horse in this race and I don't care. But riddle me this. If Tom Brady is so innocent and the pats did nothing wrong, why fire the deflator?

Mr. Laz
08-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Judges don't seem to give a shit about doing their job anymore. They just do what the hell they want and screw the rules.

Texas judge made some dude marry his girlfriend.

This Judge Berman guy has one fucking job to do ... make a procedure ruling. His job is not to renegotiate the CBA ... his job is not to run the NFL ... his job is not to make any determination about the CBA itself.

Did the NFL follow the CBA or not ... Yes or No?

That's it.

This prick is determine to find some way to help the NFLPA. Now he's trying to intimidate the NFL into giving in when that is NOT his job. Apparently the law doesn't give a shit whether a judge actually follows the rules or not.

Politician do whatever they want ... votes to the highest bidder
Police ... aren't even held up to the same laws they enforce.
Judges pretty much get to just make shit up as they go along

pathetic :shake:

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Ian Rappaport last night stated that Brady was willing to accept the suspension for not Cooperating. But wouldn't agree with the wells report. So, no, I'm not wrong. I just use the latest info.

I like how you ignore the thing that you were wrong about, and instead suggest that something ELSE I discuss was what I was correcting you on.

That the penalty was levied strictly for non-cooperation is where you were wrong. Unless you want to disagree with the NFL's own lawyer on that one? Let me know.

So, uh, I guess you're wrong.

Except I didn't say what you suggest I said. I said it was clear that Brady would accept a fine for non-cooperation, and "LESS CLEAR" that he would accept a suspension for non-cooperation. I agree that rumors have swirled around this (which I actually said in my post).

You stated something as a firm fact (that Brady would accept a suspension for non-cooperation), and I pointed out that there have been alot of rumors back and forth on this, so I wouldn't necessarily take that to the bank.

My exact statement on this is below:

But hey, good try.

As for the rest, you're trying to shift focus, so I'll ignore it.

Dante84
08-20-2015, 09:58 AM
True but pending your law suit your ass would be suspended from work. Right? Of course it would so why the hell should Brady not serve his short suspension.

Brady could care less about the money or his name. He just wants to play, that is all he is after. He won't sue no matter how it goes.

Do you know what an injunction is? It means my ass would not get suspended, and I would still get paid, until the matter is solved.

Brady is still working, and if it hasn't been resolved by Week 1, they will file an injunction, allowing him to play until the judge makes his ruling.

Also, he's already sued via the NFLPA... this is why they are in court.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Judges don't seem to give a shit about doing their job anymore. They just do what the hell they want and screw the rules.

Texas judge made some dude marry his girlfriend.

This Judge Berman guy has one fucking job to do ... make a procedure ruling. His job is not to renegotiate the CBA ... his job is not to run the NFL ... his job is not to make any determination about the CBA itself.

Did the NFL follow the CBA or not ... Yes or No?

That's it.

This prick is determine to find some way to help the NFLPA. Now he's trying to intimidate the NFL into giving in when that is NOT his job. Apparently the law doesn't give a shit whether a judge actually follows the rules or not.

Politician do whatever they want ... votes to the highest bidder
Police ... aren't even held up to the same laws they enforce.
Judges pretty much get to just make shit up as they go along

pathetic :shake:

ROFL. Yeah, it's Berman that is acting like an out-of-control cowboy dispensing his own brand of justice when it comes to Deflategate, not Goodell.

Well, that's at least a new twist on analyzing this situation. Thanks for the laugh.

The Franchise
08-20-2015, 10:00 AM
ROFL. Yeah, it's Berman that is acting like an out-of-control cowboy dispensing his own brand of justice when it comes to Deflategate, not Goodell.

Well, that's at least a new twist on analyzing this situation. Thanks for the laugh.

Next time....maybe the players should read what they're signing. They gave him this power.

Mav
08-20-2015, 10:01 AM
I like how you ignore the thing that you were wrong about, and instead suggest that something ELSE I discuss was what I was correcting you on.

That the penalty was levied strictly for non-cooperation is where you were wrong. Unless you want to disagree with the NFL's own lawyer on that one? Let me know.

Except I didn't say what you suggest I said. I said it was clear that Brady would accept a fine for non-cooperation, and "LESS CLEAR" that he would accept a suspension for non-cooperation. I agree that rumors have swirled around this (which I actually said in my post).

You stated something as a firm fact (that Brady would accept a suspension for non-cooperation), and I pointed out that there have been alot of rumors back and forth on this, so I wouldn't necessarily take that to the bank.

My exact statement on this is below:

But hey, good try.

As for the rest, you're trying to shift focus, so I'll ignore it.

Again. I wasn't the one who stated it. I was relaying what was said. So how could I of been wrong? Oops. And way to ignore my question. I'm not shifting focus on shit.

Tom Brady refused to cooperate. Do you refute that too?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Should be suspended for the season to be honest. These smug fucks think they can do whatever they want.

Mav
08-20-2015, 10:03 AM

Goodell is definitely on a power trip. There is no doubt about that.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Again. I wasn't the one who stated it. I was relaying what was said. So how could I of been wrong? Oops. And way to ignore my question. I'm not shifting focus on shit.

This was your statement:

Which is what he got hammered for. But I understand, this is way above your level of understanding.

That statement is incorrect, per the NFL's own attorney at yesterday's hearing.

So what's really funny is that your statement below is also incorrect because you now say you are relying on what what reported, and not the "latest info":

So, no, I'm not wrong. I just use the latest info.

I suggest you quit before you fall even further behind.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Should be suspended for the season to be honest. These smug fucks think they can do whatever they want.

Goodell you mean? Yes, but it's unlikely.

:p

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Actually if you look back at Brock's post history a reasonable non useless member of Chiefs planet would come to the conclusion that I am correct. Plus Brock and I have history. I even respect him as a poster.

You, not so much, and 98%of Chiefs planet is right there with me.

And you need to do research on projecting.

I don't disagree with you about Brock, but you just did it too. And I only do to those who've done it to be first. Check your sequences. You haven't been here that long to make such claims.

Mav
08-20-2015, 10:08 AM
This was your statement:

That statement is incorrect, per the NFL's own attorney at yesterday's hearing.

So what's really funny is that your statement below is also incorrect because you now say you are relying on what what reported, and not the "latest info":

I suggest you quit before you fall even further behind.

Gee. You're really simple aren't you? So in court they are going to say well ya, we built our whole case around deflated footballs, but the more egregious act was failure to cooperate?

Allow me to rephrase then. The perception is now that the league is actually hammering tom Brady for his lack of cooperation and transparency than for deflation.

You feel better now pumpkin?

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:08 AM

Yes, actually. He cooperated to a very large extent by appearing as a witness and producing reams and reams of emails and texts, and offering to provide additional information (which teh NFL refused).

He destroyed a phone that the NFL was never going to get, which Brady was not required to provide, which the NFL never asked for, and which is completely irrelevant to the appeal going on before Judge Berman. The phone destruction was leaked before the release of the Goodell decision upholding the suspension to inflame public opinion against Brady, which was a smart PR move and worked well.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 10:10 AM

Only if you rely on certain facts, facts out of context to paint a false light and ignore other facts. It sets a bad precedent for all the other players in the union to turn over a "private" phone when they had the phones owned by the Patriots with all the text messages which would include Brady's. He was advised to not do so. However, he did get all past messages for them anyway.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:11 AM
Gee. You're really simple aren't you? So in court they are going to say well ya, we built our whole case around deflated footballs, but the more egregious act was failure to cooperate?

Allow me to rephrase then. The perception is now that the league is actually hammering tom Brady for his lack of cooperation and transparency than for deflation.

:LOL: Good effort, bad execution. But it's hardly worth pursuing anymore. Try better next time, and be careful when hammering someone else for being wrong; it's best not to post inaccurate info when doing that...

Mav
I don't disagree with you about Brock, but you just did it too. And I only do to those who've done it to be first. Check your sequences. You haven't been here that long to make such claims.

What? Lol. How long is exactly long enough. I keep hearing this. I've been here well over two years. That's crazy how people put a time restraint on things. I've watched your interactions with people. I formed my own opinions.

Pasta Little Brioni
How dare he hold a team that has cheated multiple times accountable. HOW....DARE....HE!!!

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 10:12 AM
What? Lol. How long is exactly long enough. I keep hearing this. I've been here well over two years. That's crazy how people put a time restraint on things. I've watched your interactions with people. I formed my own opinions.

Ii didn't say "long enough." I just said that long meaning you missed a lot of what's gone down between certain posters.

Mav
08-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Ii didn't say "long enough." I just said that long meaning you missed a lot of what's gone down between certain posters.

Are you trying to say you aren't antagonistic and over bearing with your opinions and extremely confrontational?

Because that is my perception.

Mav
08-20-2015, 10:14 AM
:LOL: Good effort, bad execution. But it's hardly worth pursuing anymore. Try better next time, and be careful when hammering someone else for being wrong; it's best not to post inaccurate info when doing that...

That's about what I thought.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2015, 10:15 AM

true or false? judge is supposed to be determining whether the NFL followed the procedures of the CBA?

true of false? judge is refusing to do that and is trying to make the 2-sides come to an agreement instead using various levels of threats and intimidation.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:23 AM
true or false? judge is supposed to be determining whether the NFL followed the procedures of the CBA?

Partially true. You act as if that is ALL he can do. He can do much more.

Here's the Federal Arbitration Act, and the section that allows judges to overturn awards, which otherwise are given great deference by the courts, in order to encourage arbitration:

Section 10(a) of the FAA provides four grounds for vacating an arbitration award. These grounds are as follows:

Where the award was procured by corruption, fraud, or undue means;

Where there was evident partiality or corruption in the arbitrators, or either of them;

Where the arbitrators are guilty of misconduct in refusing to postpone the hearing, upon sufficient cause shown, or refusing to hear evidence pertinent and material to the controversy; or of any other behavior by which the rights of any party have been prejudiced; and

Where the arbitrators exceed their powers, or so imperfectly executed them that a mutual, final, and definitive award upon the subject matter submitted was not made.

also (though NYC is in teh Second Circuit, not the Fifth, but I don't know if similar rules apply):

The Fifth Circuit has also recognized several judicially created exceptions to the enforcement of an arbitration award. Vacating an award is proper when: (1) the award is contrary to public policy; (2) the award is arbitrary and capricious; (3) the award fails to draw its essence from the underlying contract; or (4) the award displays manifest disregard of the law.
true of false? judge is refusing to do that and is trying to make the 2-sides come to an agreement instead using various levels of threats and intimidation.

False, though the judge is clearly hammering the parties to encourage them to settle, which is hardly unusual.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:27 AM
How dare he hold a team that has cheated multiple times accountable. HOW....DARE....HE!!!

Nice misdirection. This is about Tom Brady, NOT the Patriots.

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Do you know what an injunction is? It means my ass would not get suspended, and I would still get paid, until the matter is solved.

Brady is still working, and if it hasn't been resolved by Week 1, they will file an injunction, allowing him to play until the judge makes his ruling.

Also, he's already sued via the NFLPA... this is why they are in court.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

To get an injunction from a judge you must make him believe that when the case does go to full trial your side will win hands down. Asking for one is not enough. Berman is clearly a shit head and probably would grant one even though in a full blown trial the CBA's granted power to the commish would probably win the case.

Berman is being a douche about the CBA and the investigation but I doubt he really thinks the NFL would straight up lose an actual trial at this point. There are so many people involved that have said nothing under oath it's crazy. In a trial all that goes out the window and everything everyone knew during the whole season would come into play.

I doubt the Pats really want their employee's on the stand facing questions.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:33 AM

That's about what I thought.

You gotta be kidding. Take your beating and go home kid. JFC.

Your "allow me to rephrase then" is just another way of saying, "well, what I said the first time wasn't quite right, so let me fix it".

And your fix isnt' right either. The "perception is now..." is bullshit. Most fans don't follow this stuff quite as closely, but just look on this board -- some want Brady hammered for deflation, others for non-cooperation, but most don't know or care what it's actually for.

All that matters is the process. And the NFL's process was flawed from the get go, with no idea what the Ideal Gas Law was, and what turned into a biggest dick contest between the Pats and the NFL. "youre' wrong!" "no, YOU'RE wrong!!" "No, YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

All over the most absurd molehill of an issue imaginable.

Whole thing is a joke.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:36 AM
To get an injunction from a judge you must make him believe that when the case does go to full trial your side will win hands down.

You need to stop trying to practice law. The standard is "substantial likelihood of success", not "your side will win hands down", which suggest a slam dunk.

EDIT: Revised to fix the standard. Temporary insanity, it's not "more probable", it's what I have now corrected it to above.

There are other elements that must be met as well.

Asking for one is not enough. Berman is clearly a shit head and probably would grant one even though in a full blown trial the CBA's granted power to the commish would probably win the case.

There will never be a trial. JFC, you don't know WTF you're talking about.

Berman is being a douche about the CBA and the investigation but I doubt he really thinks the NFL would straight up lose an actual trial at this point.

JFC. BERMAN IS GOING TO DECIDE THIS, HIMSELF, PERSONALLY, WITH NO JURY.

There are so many people involved that have said nothing under oath it's crazy. In a trial all that goes out the window and everything everyone knew during the whole season would come into play.

I doubt the Pats really want their employee's on the stand facing questions.

You don't know what you're talking about. Not even remotely. You might as well go join a NASA chat board and discuss how exactly we landed a rover on Mars. You could hardly do worse. Seriously.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Partially true. You act as if that is ALL he can do. He can do much more.

Here's the Federal Arbitration Act, and the section that allows judges to overturn awards, which otherwise are given great deference by the courts, in order to encourage arbitration:

also (though NYC is in teh Second Circuit, not the Fifth, but I don't know if similar rules apply):

False, though the judge is clearly hammering the parties to encourage them to settle, which is hardly unusual.

it's not his job to make them settle, it's his job to rule about the issue.

he needs to just shut the fuck up and do it

Dante84
08-20-2015, 10:38 AM
You need to stop trying to practice law. The standard is "more probable than not" that you will win, not "your side will win hands down", which suggest a slam dunk.

You don't know what you're talking about. Not even remotely. You might as well go join a NASA chat board and discuss how exactly we landed a rover on Mars. You could hardly do worse. Seriously.

lol

Thank God someone jumped in on this with me. My face was melting.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Berman knows if he rules like he wants to rule(in favor of the Union) that the the NFL will appeal. He's trying to push them to do it without his ruling.

CBA was negotiated

The power of the Commissioner was negotiated

It's reasonable to assume the the NFLPA got something back in exchange for the commissioner getting his power.

Now the NFLPA is trying to use the courts to renegotiate the CBA so they don't have to give back whatever it is they got in exchange for the power.

NFLPA = gutless pussies(much like Tom brady,Patriot organization and Patriot fan base)

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 10:43 AM
You need to stop trying to practice law. The standard is "more probable than not" that you will win, not "your side will win hands down", which suggest a slam dunk.

What are you talking about? This is being done to possibly avoid a trial. No matter what Berman decides there can still be a trial.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 10:47 AM
What are you talking about? This is being done to possibly avoid a trial. No matter what Berman decides there can still be a trial.

http://www.world-wide-art.com/art/va/printjpgs/s/cschulz/goodgrief.jpg

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Read Article 46 for all you "The NFL can't do what they've done" folk.

When it comes to doling out punishment, the league’s collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the players' union is clear: NFL Commissioner Goodell is not only judge, jury and executioner, but also lead investigator, prosecutor and the court of appeals.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

FringeNC
08-20-2015, 11:10 AM
You gotta be kidding. Take your beating and go home kid. JFC.

Your "allow me to rephrase then" is just another way of saying, "well, what I said the first time wasn't quite right, so let me fix it".

And your fix isnt' right either. The "perception is now..." is bullshit. Most fans don't follow this stuff quite as closely, but just look on this board -- some want Brady hammered for deflation, others for non-cooperation, but most don't know or care what it's actually for.

All that matters is the process. And the NFL's process was flawed from the get go, with no idea what the Ideal Gas Law was, and what turned into a biggest dick contest between the Pats and the NFL. "youre' wrong!" "no, YOU'RE wrong!!" "No, YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

All over the most absurd molehill of an issue imaginable.

Whole thing is a joke.

I don't understand Goodell's end game. He keeps doubling down on a terrible hand. What he should have done, when educated about the Ideal Gas Law, is to drop the charges, and engage in a PR campaign about how the NFL can make science interesting.

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Just go away Amnorix. Go back to Pats world and hang around whatever shitty part of Southy you came from wearing your stupid "Free Brady" T-shirt.

Bottom line is this. He may win down the road in court but he should have to serve his suspension like every single other player has done. Over 20 for this season all have suspensions and they are certainly not acting like he is. Their owners aren't saying stupid ass shit like Kraft either.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Read Article 46 for all you "The NFL can't do what they've done" folk.

When it comes to doling out punishment, the league’s collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the players' union is clear: NFL Commissioner Goodell is not only judge, jury and executioner, but also lead investigator, prosecutor and the court of appeals.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

The first thing you've said that makes sense, honestly. And yet, still, the Commission's powers aren't unlimited.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Just go away Amnorix. Go back to Pats world and hang around whatever shitty part of Southy you came from wearing your stupid "Free Brady" T-shirt.

Bottom line is this. He may win down the road in court but he should have to serve his suspension like every single other player has done. Over 20 for this season all have suspensions and they are certainly not acting like he is. Their owners aren't saying stupid ass shit like Kraft either.

You are downright fucking stupid

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 11:32 AM
As I have stated several times in the various threads, Goodell's made a mountain out of a mole hill and has caused damage to his "brand".

Once again, Goodell should have handed the Patriots a $25k fine for "tampering with the ball", then made some kind of statement about putting stringent rules in place from that point forward.

End of story.

Bugeater
08-20-2015, 11:42 AM
I think the Patriots are lying, cheating shit bags. I think Brady has been asking for his guys to deflate the footballs for several years. I think he is skirting the investigation. You know what though? I love that the all powerful NFL is getting bitch slapped in front of everyone. This league has gone down hill since Goodell took over.
I agree with everything typed in the above post.

ThaVirus
08-20-2015, 11:51 AM
If only there were a way for both sides to lose...

BlackOp
08-20-2015, 12:24 PM
****in' A, could you know less about this?

I know the ball-boy took them into a closet and lied saying it was a bathroom. Nothing suspicious about that...but you know...people usually just lie for the thrill of it. You lie because you dont want something known...period. Having him then go on to start he was going to make them "balloons" for Brady. Unless you are a complete moron....those 3 actions are directly tied together. Dont acknowledge that said ballboy was suspended from the team...actions dictate intent...the Franchise distanced itself from someone that had done absolutely nothing wrong?

My step-father owned a law office...I know how this shit plays. Destroying his phone removed any concrete evidence (for or against)....so the lawyer then had wiggle room to build a defense. You generally cant create "speculation" with a "smoking gun".

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 12:29 PM
I know the ball-boy took them into a closet and lied saying it was a bathroom. Nothing suspicious about that...but you know...people usually just lie for the thrill of it. Having him then go on to start he was going to make them "balloons" for Brady. Unless you are a complete moron....those 3 actions are directly tied together. Dont acknowledge that said ballboy was suspended from the team...actions dictate intent...

My step-father owned a law office...I know how this shit plays. Destroying his phone removed any concrete evidence....so the lawyer then had wiggle room to build a defense. You generally cant defend a "smoking gun".

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 12:41 PM
I know the ball-boy took them into a closet and lied saying it was a bathroom. Nothing suspicious about that...

Yeah, this is wrong. It was a bathroom -- though not on that had a urinal. Your post doesn't get any better from there, so I will stop at that.

Red Dawg
08-20-2015, 12:41 PM
You are downright ****ing stupid

Go fuck yourself.

Amnorix
08-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Meanwhile...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

At the NFL and their forum shopping. They filed in NY to get away from Doty in Minnesota, and ran into YET ANOTHER federal judge that thinks their process and procedures completely suck.

How many federal judges, and even their own former Commish, Tagliabue, are going to hammer them before they wake up and try to create a valid process worthy of respect.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Go fuck yourself.

LMAO

I'll pass on that, Hillbilly

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 12:53 PM
it's not his job to make them settle, it's his job to rule about the issue.

he needs to just shut the **** up and do it

Of course judges/court prefer a settlement because it resolves the issue terminatedly preventing an appeal. Especially, on a case like this which is petty and unimportant when viewed against other more important cases needing a judge.

BTW, what "issue" are you saying is Berman's job to rule on? The merits of the case or the procedure?

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Berman knows if he rules like he wants to rule(in favor of the Union) that the the NFL will appeal. He's trying to push them to do it without his ruling.

CBA was negotiated

The power of the Commissioner was negotiated

It's reasonable to assume the the NFLPA got something back in exchange for the commissioner getting his power.

Now the NFLPA is trying to use the courts to renegotiate the CBA so they don't have to give back whatever it is they got in exchange for the power.

NFLPA = gutless pussies(much like Tom brady,Patriot organization and Patriot fan base)

Commish has to follow the CBA too. He just can't use his own whims.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 12:58 PM

:facepalm: How many suspensions by Goodell have been overturned now?

Maybe, the other ones were really guilty and knew it. Brady sincerely feels he's done nothing wrong.

FringeNC
08-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Of course judges/court prefer a settlement because it resolves the issue terminatedly preventing an appeal. Especially, on a case like this which is petty and unimportant when viewed against other more important cases needing a judge.

BTW, what "issue" are you saying is Berman's job to rule on? The merits of the case or the procedure?

Yep. Despite the judge all but laughing at the NFL's case, he may very well rule in favor of the league because of the court's reluctance to second-guess arbitration. Unless there is a settlement, the losing side will almost certainly appeal.

Is this possible: could the judge rule in favor of the league, but use language so embarrassing to the league that the court of public opinion would end this?

LoneWolf
08-20-2015, 02:59 PM
:facepalm: How many suspensions by Goodell have been overturned now?

Maybe, the other ones were really guilty and knew it. Brady sincerely feels he's done nothing wrong.

The bounty gate suspensions are the only suspensions I remember being overturned.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 03:14 PM
The bounty gate suspensions are the only suspensions I remember being overturned.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2015/05/12/nfl-suspensions-that-have-been-overturned-reduced-the-goodell-era/xSCIqUiRLta5xlqevPtlMN/story.html

There's been quite a few as of late. Ray Rice's indefinite suspension was overturned and he was immediately reinstated, as was Adrian Peterson's. Suh's suspension for a playoff game was reduced to a fine.

Goodell has also seen a fair share of suspensions reduced.

LoneWolf
08-20-2015, 03:25 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2015/05/12/nfl-suspensions-that-have-been-overturned-reduced-the-goodell-era/xSCIqUiRLta5xlqevPtlMN/story.html

There's been quite a few as of late. Ray Rice's indefinite suspension was overturned and he was immediately reinstated, as was Adrian Peterson's. Suh's suspension for a playoff game was reduced to a fine.

Goodell has also seen a fair share of suspensions reduced.

So, other than bounty gate, it appears Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson are the only examples...both of which were completely justified in my opinion. The other examples are Rodger reducing suspensions on his own. Reduction of suspensions is always going to happen. The league knows players are going to appeal so they start the suspension at a higher level than they ultimately would like to settle on.

hometeam
08-20-2015, 03:29 PM
If it was a Chiefs player, not a single person would be on Goodells side.

There is a fine on the books for tampering with equipment, its 25k.

NEXT

Perineum Ripper
08-20-2015, 04:13 PM
If it was a Chiefs player, not a single person would be on Goodells side.

There is a fine on the books for tampering with equipment, its 25k.

NEXT

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2399158/Stepbrothers-yep-gif-1-.gif

JD10367
08-20-2015, 06:33 PM
I know this is hard for most of you Patriots-haters who simply hate them because they always win, but let's try to take the word "Patriots" out of this. Let's say it was the Chiefs.

So, another team accuses the Chiefs of slightly deflating footballs. This can never actually be proven scientifically, seems to be the result of mainly rumors and accusations from teams who hate the Chiefs, and seems to have no actual effect on games. The result of this is that your quarterback is suspended four games, your team is fined a FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS (the largest fine in NFL history), AND your team loses a FIRST round AND a fourth round pick. All of these fines and penalties are not only totally out of proportion for the offense WHICH CAN'T EVEN BE PROVEN, but there's also no precedent for this at all.

And the main defense of their suspension of your QB is that he destroyed a phone they didn't ask for, and that they didn't tell him there would be any penalty for not turning over.

How many of you would think is slightly, just possibly, a giant mound of bullshit?

Once the judge rules in Brady's favor and eliminates the suspension, I hope Kraft then goes balls-to-the-wall to get his million bucks and draft picks back.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Yep. Despite the judge all but laughing at the NFL's case, he may very well rule in favor of the league because of the court's reluctance to second-guess arbitration. Unless there is a settlement, the losing side will almost certainly appeal.

Is this possible: could the judge rule in favor of the league, but use language so embarrassing to the league that the court of public opinion would end this?

Or I think he could make them re-arbitrate it? So there could be a third outcome, just not sure.

SAUTO
08-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I remember the cheers here when Pollard took out Brady's knee.

That was cheating?

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 08:05 PM
That was cheating?

No.

But it showed a lack of class, especially for fans of a 2-14 team.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2015, 09:03 PM
No.

The hypocrisy of CP has no bounds.

Bugeater
08-20-2015, 10:42 PM
No.

We were actually undefeated when that happened.

BryanBusby
08-20-2015, 10:53 PM
So, other than bounty gate, it appears Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson are the only examples...both of which were completely justified in my opinion. The other examples are Rodger reducing suspensions on his own. Reduction of suspensions is always going to happen. The league knows players are going to appeal so they start the suspension at a higher level than they ultimately would like to settle on.
They voluntarily budged a little on the Hardy suspension as they would of been fucked once again if it went to court.

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2015, 10:55 PM
We were actually undefeated when that happened.

The Chiefs are always undefeated.

Until the first game

:D

Hootie
08-20-2015, 11:10 PM
I know this is hard for most of you Patriots-haters who simply hate them because they always win, but let's try to take the word "Patriots" out of this. Let's say it was the Chiefs.

So, another team accuses the Chiefs of slightly deflating footballs. This can never actually be proven scientifically, seems to be the result of mainly rumors and accusations from teams who hate the Chiefs, and seems to have no actual effect on games. The result of this is that your quarterback is suspended four games, your team is fined a ****ING MILLION DOLLARS (the largest fine in NFL history), AND your team loses a FIRST round AND a fourth round pick. All of these fines and penalties are not only totally out of proportion for the offense WHICH CAN'T EVEN BE PROVEN, but there's also no precedent for this at all.

And the main defense of their suspension of your QB is that he destroyed a phone they didn't ask for, and that they didn't tell him there would be any penalty for not turning over.

How many of you would think is slightly, just possibly, a giant mound of bullshit?

Once the judge rules in Brady's favor and eliminates the suspension, I hope Kraft then goes balls-to-the-wall to get his million bucks and draft picks back.

did the Chiefs also lose a 1st round pick less than a decade before for another major cheating scandal, or ...?

trying to understand this hypothetical before answering

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 11:15 PM
did the Chiefs also lose a 1st round pick less than a decade before for another major cheating scandal, or ...?

trying to understand this hypothetical before answering

Did Brady do that?

BryanBusby
08-20-2015, 11:19 PM
Did Brady do that?

Brady had an advantage from it, like he had from deflated balls.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Oh, and I wouldn't call videotaping signals in the wrong location exactly cheating, when it's allowed in other locations.

RobBlake
08-20-2015, 11:20 PM
i love the irrational dumbass hate toward the pats

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Brady had an advantage from it, like he had from deflated balls.

Not necessarily. Spygate didn't affect him at all, particularly since the violation was due to filming in an unapproved location. They can video signals from other locations. People don't understand that scandal either.

Furthermore, some QBs said it wasn't a rule until Goodell sent out a memo about it. I read Goodell clarified the rule. Nevertheless, BB never denied it, did it openly and said he interpreted as meaning the tape that could not be used in the current game and he didn't. I read the rule and it was not well worded.

As for getting some advantage using deflated balls, explain to me why he played better when the balls were pumped back up to regulation and nothing was done in the SB either? Or explain his play when some refs, before the Jets game, pumped the balls up to over regulation to 16 psi. Even Goodell admitted it provided no competitive edge and the judge noted how Brady played better with corrected balls after. Kessler mocked how he knew the Ideal Gas Law in high school.

RobBlake
08-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Oh, and I wouldn't call videotaping signals in the wrong location exactly cheating, when it's allowed in other locations.

yup

BryanBusby
08-20-2015, 11:29 PM
It was always a rule that taping could only be done under strict guidelines. How they proceeded with the taping got them in a lot of hot water.

Hootie
08-20-2015, 11:31 PM
who even cares anymore

I certainly don't -- let Brady play

Pats are gonna cheat, nothing is new, water is wet

BryanBusby
08-20-2015, 11:38 PM
I mean it's like who really gives a shit in the end because seriously, fuck the goddamn Colts. But lets not pretend about what happened.

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 11:43 PM
who even cares anymore

I certainly don't -- let Brady play

Hooties are gonna allege cheating, nothing is new, water is wet

FYP

BucEyedPea
08-20-2015, 11:46 PM
It was always a rule that taping could only be done under strict guidelines. How they proceeded with the taping got them in a lot of hot water.

He admitted he broke the rule. Breaking a rule doesn't always mean cheating is all I am saying.

I remember when Jim Mora used his cell phone from the sidelines in a Buc game in 2005. He wasn't cheating. He wanted to know how a tie affected the Falcon's playoff chances. He was still fined for breaking it but I never thought he was cheating.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-20-2015, 11:47 PM
They cheated and you are nothing more than a bandwagon front runner

BryanBusby
08-20-2015, 11:48 PM
He admitted he broke the rule. Breaking a rule doesn't always mean cheating is all I am saying.

I remember when Jim Mora used his cell phone from the sidelines in a Buc game in 2005. He wasn't cheating. He wanted to know how a tie affected the Falcon's playoff chances. He was still fined for breaking it but I never thought he was cheating.
They don't issue three quarters of a million dollars in fines, take away a high draft pick and destroy all evidence due to a simple misunderstanding. Baghdad Bob away I guess.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-20-2015, 11:53 PM
i love the irrational dumbass hate toward the pats

Huh? We are just stating what ways they cheat the rules. It sad they have to do so to win.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2015, 12:02 AM
They cheated and you are nothing more than a bandwagon front runner

2003 doesn't equal 2014

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2015, 12:04 AM
Huh? We are just stating what ways they cheat the rules. It sad they have to do so to win.

They and he didn't cheat

Pasta Little Brioni
08-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Sure you didn't see the wife banging the mailman, but him running out the backdoor, the cum stained sheets, the condom wrapper, and the smell of sex sure told the story.

Red Dawg
08-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Boom in this analogy.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13479971/fooled-judge-deflategate-case-nfl-win-end-new-england-patriots-tom-brady

Mr. Pink
08-21-2015, 02:11 PM

Total bullshit.

I disagree and I wouldn't give my phone to my employer. That is a bunch of BS. They have no right to look at your personal phone. There is no evidence that Brady had anything to do with deflating footballs. Goodell never should have suspended him. He had nothing. Brady cooperated as much as any normal person would be required to in my opinion.

Mr. Laz
08-21-2015, 04:12 PM
I disagree and I wouldn't give my phone to my employer. That is a bunch of BS. They have no right to look at your personal phone. There is no evidence that Brady had anything to do with deflating footballs. Goodell never should have suspended him. He had nothing. Brady cooperated as much as any normal person would be required to in my opinion.
You are so fucking wrong, it's hilarious.

1. Brady was never even ask to give his phone to his employee.

The NFL said that Brady could give his phone to his own lawyer and that he would get all the pertinent information off and give it to the NFL.

2. No equipment manager in the history of history would alter the football without specific instructions from his QB. NONE, ZERO, Zilch .... the fact that the NFL doesn't have a video of Brady doing it himself is meaningless.

3. The equipment managers' nickname wasn't "The Deflator" because he was losing weight. That's stupid bullshit.

4. Brady Absolutely knows who the equipment managers on his football team are. Another lie.

5. Brady petitioned the NFL to allow the teams to have access to the football before the game to specifically allow them to doctor the footballs. He absolutely knows what PSI is and what altering the football means. Another bullshit lie.

Aaron Hernandez was sentence to life in jail on less circumstantial evidence then they have on Tom Brady.

Red Dawg
08-21-2015, 04:19 PM
You are so ****ing wrong, it's hilarious.

The NFL said that Brady could give his phone to his own lawyer and that he would get all the pertinent information off and give it to the NFL.

2. No equipment manager in the history of history would alter the football without specific instructions from his QB. NONE, ZERO, Zilch .... the fact that the NFL doesn't have a video of Brady doing it himself is meaningless.

3. The equipment managers' nickname wasn't "The Deflator" because he was losing weight. That's stupid bullshit.

4. Brady Absolutely knows who the equipment managers on his football team are. Another lie.

5. Brady petitioned the NFL to allow the teams to have access to the football before the game to specifically allow them to doctor the footballs. He absolutely knows what PSI is and what altering the football means. Another bullshit lie.

Aaron Hernandez was sentence to life in jail on less circumstantial evidence then they have on Tom Brady.

You go boy. Nice

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2015, 04:37 PM
You are so fucking wrong, it's hilarious.

1. The NFL didn't know that footballs could naturally deflate.
2. The NFL wasn't aware of the Ideal Gas Law.
3. The air pressure gauges weren't calibrated.
4. The NFL released false evidence through Chris Mortensen.
5. The NFL failed to hire a truly independent investigation team.
6. Football in the Colts possession were deflated, too.
7. The NFL saw Brady's texts to the ball boys via their phones.
8. The NFL has absolutely no proof that Brady directed anyone to deflate
9. The NFL lacks the "smoking gun".

In your scenario, everyone associated with the Patriots and interviewed by the Wells teams lied. The ball boys, Robert Kraft, Belichick and Tom Brady. All liars. That would represent a conspiracy and a carefully planned conspiracy at that, especially since no one cracked under pressure.

I find that incredibly difficult to believe.

Red Dawg
08-21-2015, 06:03 PM
1. The NFL didn't know that footballs could naturally deflate.
2. The NFL wasn't aware of the Ideal Gas Law.
3. The air pressure gauges weren't calibrated.
4. The NFL released false evidence through Chris Mortensen.
5. The NFL failed to hire a truly independent investigation team.
6. Football in the Colts possession were deflated, too.
7. The NFL saw Brady's texts to the ball boys via their phones.
8. The NFL has absolutely no proof that Brady directed anyone to deflate
9. The NFL lacks the "smoking gun".

In your scenario, everyone associated with the Patriots and interviewed by the Wells teams lied. The ball boys, Robert Kraft, Belichick and Tom Brady. All liars. That would represent a conspiracy and a carefully planned conspiracy at that, especially since no one cracked under pressure.

I find that incredibly difficult to believe.

One more time for the cheap seats. Goodell doesn't need a smoking gun! All he needs is his own reasonable suspicion. That is it and he has it. He doesn't even need an investigation done by a third party. He has all the power to be the judge, jury, executioner, investigator and appeal authority. All the owners fought for him to have it and the players signed off it.

Mr. Pink
08-22-2015, 07:33 AM
You are so ****ing wrong, it's hilarious.

1. He wasn't required to give his phone to anyone. Again, you are mixing personal life with professional. That shit don't fly.

2. Speculation. You gotta prove it.

3. Speculation. You gotta prove it.

4. Speculation. You gotta prove it.

5. Petitioning the NFL is normal and acceptable.

Comparing a workplace case to a murder case is ridiculas.

I understand where you are coming from and I believe everything you are saying but none of it matters. Goodell had nothing man. If I was a player I would be pissed. Situations like this are exactly why unions are formed.

I also think every professional sports team in every sport cheat to a certain degree. It is part of the game.

Last, there is no data on how the pressure of footballs change during games. Goodell really used poor judgement. This will probably cost him his job.

Mr. Pink
08-22-2015, 07:37 AM
One more time for the cheap seats. Goodell doesn't need a smoking gun! All he needs is his own reasonable suspicion. That is it and he has it. He doesn't even need an investigation done by a third party. He has all the power to be the judge, jury, executioner, investigator and appeal authority. All the owners fought for him to have it and the players signed off it.

That would be true if he wasn't governed by a board of 32 owners and a union wasn't involved. In reality Goodell is a middle man with little power. He over stepped his bounds.

Red Dawg
08-22-2015, 08:02 AM
That would be true if he wasn't governed by a board of 32 owners and a union wasn't involved. In reality Goodell is a middle man with little power. He over stepped his bounds.

Uh no. He in no way over stepped anything. He has all the power given to him by the owners in a contract.

Red Dawg
08-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Yesterdays transcript is out. I read it and it's starting to sound like Brady is hosed.