PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Preaseason Unit Discussions: Quarterbacks

Rain Man
08-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Per the discussions earlier this week, I wanted to offer an experimental concept. During the preseason, let's discuss each of the units on the Chiefs in a particular thread.

Post your thoughts during the games or between games about individual performances.

This thread is for quarterbacks. How they doin'?

notorious
08-21-2015, 06:20 PM
JFC!

TrebMaxx
08-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Alex is holding on to the ball too long.

BigRedChief
08-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Alex sucks

/end thread

I kid

BigRedChief
08-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Alex is holding on to the ball too long.that was a good outlet pass to Maclin. Just a good play by the defender.

Bugeater
08-21-2015, 06:31 PM
I predict this thread will turn into an argument about Alex Smith

TribalElder
08-21-2015, 06:33 PM
I would like to see chase vs the 1s on Seattle

Sink or swim

New World Order
08-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Alex sucks

/end thread

I kid

Nope, pretty sure he sucks.

TrebMaxx
08-21-2015, 06:47 PM
that was a good outlet pass to Maclin. Just a good play by the defender.

Yes, that was a nice outlet pass. But overall he seems indecisive.

TimBone
08-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Yes, that was a nice outlet pass. But overall he seems indecisive.

In his defense, he's not getting a ton of time tonight. The line is struggling.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Trent Green does a great job in the booth.

Rain Man
08-21-2015, 07:41 PM
My first-half review of Alex is that he's the same Alex we've had. Nothing has changed.

notorious
08-21-2015, 07:42 PM
My first-half review of Alex is that he's the same Alex we've had. Nothing has changed.

It's like a Gilligan's Island re-run.

Deberg_1990
08-21-2015, 07:43 PM
22 TDs

10 ints

3300 yards

New World Order
08-21-2015, 07:43 PM
Trent Green does a great job in the booth.

He seems very nice.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Chase Daniel for President !

ModSocks
08-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Mediocre.

BigRedChief
08-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Alex Smith's 3-yard TD pass to Jeremy Maclin is Smith's first TD pass to a WR in any sort of organized football game in 594 days.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Why isn't Reid letting Murray throw ???????????????//

ChiefGator
08-21-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't think Murray is our QBOTF...

notorious
08-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Why isn't Reid letting Murray throw ???????????????//

Saving his arm.

aturnis
08-21-2015, 09:24 PM
I hate to be so blunt about it, but Alex is very bad. The offensive line sucks, but Alex is so bad.

I tend to question Andy Reid's concepts for route combinations, but still, Alice Myth is bad.

notorious
08-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Be blunt, aturnis.

Alex Smith has looked like shit so far this preseason. I hope he gets it together.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2015, 09:41 PM
There's really no debate here.

Alex is Alex.

Chase is become Legend.

Murray is Grand Master Flash of hand offs.

Red Dawg
08-21-2015, 09:46 PM
Alex has looked bad. It in his defense I do not agree with the whole go deep concept. He is not that guy and doesn't have the arm for it. Keep him on the shorter stuff and he can be effective and can win. Forcing him to change will only make him worse.

Red Dawg
08-21-2015, 09:47 PM
There's really no debate here.

Alex is Alex.

Chase is become Legend.

Murray is Grand Master Flash of hand offs.

Lol

dannybcaitlyn
08-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Alex has looked bad. It in his defense I do not agree with the whole go deep concept. He is not that guy and doesn't have the arm for it. Keep him on the shorter stuff and he can be effective and can win. Forcing him to change will only make him worse.

Poor Charles. If only Alex could keep a defense honest.

notorious
08-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Oh God.

For a moment, take a trip with me.

Chiefs gets to mid-season .500, and Alex get injured. Chase comes in and wins out to get the Chiefs into the playoffs.

Smith comes back for our first playoff game, and we lose.

During the offseason, Chase goes to the Raiders or Broncos and immediately rapes faces.

This has all happened before, and will happen again.........

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2015, 09:52 PM

Chase isn't bombing Baghdad, he's making reads and executing the play book with some quickness and a little improv. And some guts.

That's pretty much what this is supposed to be.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Oh God.

For a moment, take a trip with me.

Chiefs gets to mid-season .500, and Alex get injured. Chase comes in and wins out to get the Chiefs into the playoffs.

Smith comes back for our first playoff game, and we lose.

During the offseason, Chase goes to the Raiders or Broncos and immediately rapes faces.

This has all happened before, and will happen again.........

Motherfucker don't you even...

notorious
08-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Mother****er don't you even...

http://gifgalaksi.com/upload/american_history_x_kaslar_kaldrma.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2015, 10:05 PM
http://gifgalaksi.com/upload/american_history_x_kaslar_kaldrma.gif

LMAO

-King-
08-21-2015, 11:02 PM

Just making him feel comfortable doing it. That's what preseason is all about. The game plans we see now aren't the ones we'll see in the regular season for any team. Coaches want to try things out regardless of if it fits or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

SeeingRed
08-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Daniel out played Smith again

Psyko Tek
08-21-2015, 11:18 PM
I predict this thread will turn into an argument about Alex Smith

every thread turns into an argument about Alex

chiefzilla1501
08-21-2015, 11:56 PM
Daniel out played Smith again

How can you even say that when they played against two completely different defenses? Daniel played well. I seriously can't believe the boners Cp gets for people who play well against second team defenses.

19now11
08-22-2015, 12:21 AM
i understand that being a chiefs fan sucks. you guys didnt get geno i get it. you hate all x 49er qbs i get it.... i can leave the board if i dont like it i know...i still cant believe how fucking miserable you guys are. alex smith is going to ball the fuck out. learn to love it. its coming.:banghead:

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 12:25 AM
22 TDs

10 ints

3300 yards

Almost the exact same Steve Bono statline from 1995!

http://i.imgur.com/ZpSd7eq.jpg

Dr. Gigglepants
08-22-2015, 12:37 AM
Almost the exact same Steve Bono statline from 1995!

Ahhh...the good ole days

TimBone
08-22-2015, 02:18 AM
i understand that being a chiefs fan sucks. you guys didnt get geno i get it. you hate all x 49er qbs i get it.... i can leave the board if i dont like it i know...i still cant believe how fucking miserable you guys are. alex smith is going to ball the fuck out. learn to love it. its coming.:banghead:
So wait, did you come over from the 9ers with Montana, go back to the 9ers after he retired, and then come BACK with Smith?

You may be the creepiest one yet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 05:37 AM

Alex has never "balled out", and it ain't happening in his "golden years" either, son.

DIF.

the Talking Can
08-22-2015, 06:18 AM
Alex is holding on to the ball too long.

On every pass, good or bad...He is simply afraid to sling it

Trent said exactly this last night, said it as qb not a commentator...'he's holding the ball too long'

Trent gets exasperated watching him play...Smith makes everything look hard, even simple passes

On that pick six he stared down his wr, and threw late, while under no pressure...it is absolutely no fun watching Smith play qb

And his deep passes are a sick joke

ChiefRocka
08-22-2015, 06:37 AM
On every pass, good or bad...He is simply afraid to sling it

Trent said exactly this last night, said it as qb not a commentator...'he's holding the ball too long'

Trent gets exasperated watching him play...Smith makes everything look hard, even simple passes

On that pick six he stared down his wr, and threw late, while under no pressure...it is absolutely no fun watching Smith play qb

And his deep passes are a sick joke

yes. he plays afraid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 06:38 AM
He scurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

milkman
08-22-2015, 08:09 AM
In the two starts against the Chargers over the last two seasons, I thought that Chase Daniel looked like the Alex Smith mini me.

Same tentative play, same check downs.

This preseason, because of the better weapons (these bubble players at WR are better than the garbage we have been trotting out there in the last two seasons), Chase Danile looks more decisive, more aggressive, and is playing unafraid in the pocket, making good decisions, and plays while taking some hits.

I don't care that he's playing against second teamers while Alex Smith is laying against the first teams.

Chase Daniel is better.

He makes better reads.
He makes better decisions.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 08:12 AM
In the two starts against the Chargers over the last two seasons, I thought that Chase Daniel looked like the Alex Smith mini me.

Same tentative play, same check downs.

This preseason, because of the better weapons (these bubble players at WR are better than the garbage we have been trotting out there in the last two seasons), Chase Danile looks more decisive, more aggressive, and is playing unafraid in the pocket, making good decisions, and plays while taking some hits.

I don't care that he's playing against second teamers while Alex Smith is laying against the first teams.

Chase Daniel is better.

He makes better reads.
He makes better decisions.

Then it is settled.

Smith is trash and should be executed, time to start Chase.

Wake up, homers.