PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No Jordy for Week 3

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 12:56 PM
@RapSheet: The initial diagnosis on #Packers WR Jordy Nelson is a torn ACL, source said. Horrible news. Awaiting MRI results to confirm.

MMXcalibur
08-23-2015, 12:59 PM
TWO MORE WEEKS OF PRESEASON TO GO!

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Hold your breath gents

staylor26
08-23-2015, 01:02 PM
That game just got MUCH easier. No Smith and Jordy pretty much cancels each other out.

Marcellus
08-23-2015, 01:02 PM
I hate preseason, you want your team to play well without showing their playbook, you don't want anyone to get hurt and you cant take much of it very seriously.

Lots of negatives and you really cant get too pumped about the positives because its preseason.

Mr. Laz
08-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Huge loss for Packers

green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson left the preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday with a knee injury.

Although Nelson is still waiting for the MRI results, the injury is believed to be a torn ACL, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Nelson slipped on the turf at the same time Steelers corner Antwon Blake also slipped, and both went down. Nelson landed awkwardly on the left knee and limped off the field, where he was checked out by a trainer. After being looked at on the sideline, Nelson was taken to the locker room.

Nelson had already caught a pair of passes for 24 yards before going down with the injury on the team's opening drive. Green Bay wound up scoring on the drive with an Eddie Lacy touchdown and converted the two-point conversion to take an 8-0 lead.

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers can find success with any receiver, but Nelson is his top target, seeing more than 150 passes thrown his way last season. Nelson caught 98 of those passes for 1,519 yards and 13 touchdowns. If the initial reports are correct and Nelson has sustained a torn ACL, he'll miss the entirety of the regular season, which would be a huge hit to Green Bay's offense.

Fortunately, the Packers aren't devoid of talent at the position behind Nelson. While Nelson is definitely the top receiver on the team, Randall Cobb caught 91 of 126 passes thrown his way last season, putting up 1,287 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Behind Cobb, the Packers also have their third-leading receiver from a year ago in Davante Adams. He caught 38 passes for 446 yards and three touchdowns last season, while tight ends Andrew Quarless and Richard Rodgers combined for just over 500 yards and five touchdowns, and both remain on the team as well. Rookie receiver Ty Montgomery could also see increased playing time. The Packers returned the core of their passing offense this offseason, but it's potentially taking a big hit with the loss of Nelson.

Red Dawg
08-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Damn

The Franchise
08-23-2015, 01:23 PM
No reason to be playing 4 preseason games. Should be 3 max.

staylor26
08-23-2015, 01:24 PM

With the lack of practice time these days it's hard to take away even more time for preparation. The injuries are going to happen either way.

MMXcalibur
08-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Seriously though, that Steelers field is complete ass.
Only San Francisco's may be worse.

The Franchise
08-23-2015, 01:26 PM
With the lack of practice time these days it's hard to take away even more time for preparation. The injuries are going to happen either way.

Yeah but you can cut back on the preseason games and give the teams more practice time.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 01:28 PM

Soldier Field is bad also

Jerok
08-23-2015, 01:31 PM
One Jordy ACL can mean 1 Chiefs playoff appearance

staylor26
08-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Yeah but you can cut back on the preseason games and give the teams more practice time.

That would be ideal, but I think they would just add more games. Greedy bastards.

RealSNR
08-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Don't cheer just yet. The Packers still have a billion weapons plus Aaron Rodgers. And this time unlike in 2011, they actually have a pretty good running game.

I think if we're looking for an easier time, we should root for Bulaga or Bakhtiari to remain out of the lineup until we're done playing them. Our pass rush needs to have a monster day.

Mr. Laz
08-23-2015, 01:34 PM

yep, gotta have practice somewhere

less practice
less hitting

take away preseason games and players will still be figuring stuff out during the regular season.

People will really bitch about that

RealSNR
08-23-2015, 01:36 PM

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. When faced with a decision between...

a) making money
b) taking care of its players and their health, giving teams more control, and producing a higher quality product on the field for fans to watch

...the NFL will choose option A each and every single fucking time.

Strongside
08-23-2015, 01:36 PM
I'm going to that game. Super excited...sucks Nelson won't be playing...one of my favorite non-Chiefs players.

thabear04
08-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Damn that sucks for him.

the Talking Can
08-23-2015, 01:41 PM
that sucks

i want to watch the best players

Discuss Thrower
08-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Preseason should only be two games max per team. Add an additional bye week -if not two- and then bring back the tougher practices.

staylor26
08-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Preseason should only be two games max per team. Add an additional bye week -if not two- and then bring back the tougher practices.

Everybody certainly agrees with this, but it just isn't going to happen.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Still like six weeks til the game. Lot of shit can happen

FlaChief58
08-23-2015, 02:56 PM
that sucks

i want to watch the best players

No worries, they have plenty

Why Not?
08-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Still like six weeks til the game. Lot of shit can happen

Not related to Jordy Nelson's playing status if this report is true

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Don't forget Washington's

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Now Pouncey could be out for Week 7

@EdBouchette: #Steelers won't know how long Pouncey might be out until surgery to repair broken bone. Could involve a plate. Potential short-term IR

jonzie04
08-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Great news for the Chiefs (but sorry Jordy), now if Manning can just die in a fire between now and week 2, we'll be set (Not sorry broncos).

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey is expected to miss half of the 2015 season after fracturing his ankle in Sunday's preseason game.
This makes Pouncey a candidate for injured reserve/designated for return. Pouncey broke his left ankle in Sunday's exhibition game against the Packers. The Steelers will turn to journeyman Cody Wallace at center in the meantime. Pouncey is not one of the best centers in the league, but he's an above-average starter and the pivot for an offensive line that returned all five components from last season. Pouncey's loss is a concern for the efficiency of Pittsburgh's running game.
Source: Dejan Kovacevic on Twitter

-King-
08-23-2015, 04:04 PM
TWO MORE WEEKS OF PRESEASON TO GO!

Ugh.

At least the starters don't play much if at all in the 4th game.

Man, these injuries suck so much.

-King-
08-23-2015, 04:07 PM
I hate preseason, you want your team to play well without showing their playbook, you don't want anyone to get hurt and you cant take much of it very seriously.

Lots of negatives and you really cant get too pumped about the positives because its preseason.

That's why for the most part, I don't put in too much stock in these games. As long as the team comes out of the game healthy, I don't panic over bad performances or get overly excited over good performances.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 04:07 PM
I would play no starters week 4.

chiefs1111
08-23-2015, 04:12 PM
I would play no starters week 4.

I might be wrong but I don't think Reid plays his starters in the 4th game

ThaVirus
08-23-2015, 04:41 PM
This sucks so much. As someone mentioned, I want to see the best players play.

If I had my way, guys like Jamaal and Houston wouldn't even suit up for preseason games.

FloridaMan88
08-23-2015, 05:26 PM
I might be wrong but I don't think Reid plays his starters in the 4th game

Only dumbshit HC's like Todd Haley would play key players in the final preseason game.

NJChiefsFan
08-23-2015, 07:36 PM
Great news for the Chiefs (but sorry Jordy), now if Manning can just die in a fire between now and week 2, we'll be set (Not sorry broncos).

I don't want Manning to get hurt. I would love to see KC knock him off the top of the division without him having to retire or get hurt. Not saying that will happen, because I think myself and others may be underestimating what that team has left.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 07:43 PM
I don't want Manning to get hurt. I would love to see KC knock him off the top of the division without him having to retire or get hurt. Not saying that will happen, because I think myself and others may be underestimating what that team has left.

Ya I want to beat HIM. But he owns us so he'll probably sweep us.

staylor26
08-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Ya I want to beat HIM. But he owns us so he'll probably sweep us.

Manning isn't sweeping shit. We'll win one.

Marcellus
08-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey is expected to miss half of the 2015 season after fracturing his ankle in Sunday's preseason game.
This makes Pouncey a candidate for injured reserve/designated for return. Pouncey broke his left ankle in Sunday's exhibition game against the Packers. The Steelers will turn to journeyman Cody Wallace at center in the meantime. Pouncey is not one of the best centers in the league, but he's an above-average starter and the pivot for an offensive line that returned all five components from last season. Pouncey's loss is a concern for the efficiency of Pittsburgh's running game.
Source: Dejan Kovacevic on Twitter

Couldn't happen to a better douchebag.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Couldn't happen to a better douchebag.

The Pounceys do seem like that, but I don't know them.

If Poe comes back by then and is himself, he'll dominate.

Smed1065
08-23-2015, 10:11 PM

2 IMO and they would matter more.

BlackOp
08-24-2015, 12:04 AM
That's a pretty hefty blow to GB....Rodgers or not. This just became a winnable game...he's their 2/3 best player.

Mav
08-24-2015, 12:07 AM
That's a pretty hefty blow to GB....Rodgers or not. This just became a winnable game...he's their 2/3 best player.

And they still have two dynamic receivers in Cobb and Adams.

BlackOp
08-24-2015, 12:16 AM

They do...but you cant marginalize losing Nelson. He made things easier for those dudes. GB defense isn't good either...No one in their right mind would say Nelson's absence wont impact what they do.

Mav
08-24-2015, 12:17 AM
They do...but you cant marginalize losing Nelson. He made things easier for those dudes. GB defense isn't good either...No one in their right mind would say Nelson's absence wont impact what they do.

Oh, it absolutely will. But it's not like if KC lost Maclin. Know what I'm saying?

BlackOp
08-24-2015, 12:21 AM
Oh, it absolutely will. But it's not like if KC lost Maclin. Know what I'm saying?

We''ll see how this plays out...but KC's defense is light years better than GB. Cobb as a #1 isnt that scary...with Nelson on the other side, he is.

Mav
08-24-2015, 12:31 AM
We''ll see how this plays out...but KC's defense is light years better than GB. Cobb as a #1 isnt that scary...with Nelson on the other side, he is.

That's where Adams comes in. I hate the packers. I live 40 minutes from the stadium and am married to a packers fan, but that kid is special.

BlackOp
08-24-2015, 12:50 AM
That's where Adams comes in. I hate the packers. I live 40 minutes from the stadium and am married to a packers fan, but that kid is special.

Well Rodgers is special..every WR that they draft looks like a superstar because of it. Their defense on the on the hand...

I'll take Cobb/Adams over Nelson/Cobb....they are still going to be good.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2015, 01:16 AM

Adams hasn't done shit to be called dynamic dude.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2015, 01:17 AM

No, Rodgers is special

Smed1065
08-24-2015, 02:01 AM
Well Rodgers is special..every WR that they draft looks like a superstar because of it. Their defense on the on the hand...

I'll take Cobb/Adams over Nelson/Cobb....they are still going to be good.

:LOL:

Mav
08-24-2015, 06:06 AM
No, Rodgers is special

Ok. Let's talk at the end of the season . And duh, Rodgers is pretty good eh?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Well I'm sure he can make yet another average receiver look good. Look at James Jones and Greg Jennings.

Pepe Silvia
08-24-2015, 02:14 PM
What a ****ing blow, I couldn't even muster up the courage to talk about it until now, I've been avoiding all sports media. :(

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Yeah, he's done for the season.

At least Clay and his pivot men have an excuse if the Chiefs beat them.