PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Making my first trip to Arrowhead Stadium vs. the Steelers

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 05:04 PM
The week against Pittsburgh will be my first game ever at Arrowhead. I'm very excited even though we're driving and it's going to be a long drive. I would like any advice about tickets, the stadium, what to see and do in KC. We're spending a week there. I also would like to get together and tailgate at the game. I have to experience that part. Thanks and look forward to any advice guys!

FlaChief58
08-23-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm jelly. I hope you bring the mojo with you

08-23-2015, 05:14 PM
You better stop by our tailgate!!!

thabear04
08-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Have a friend going to the Bears game her first time. Hopefully next year I'll experience my first Chiefs game in Arrowhead.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 05:16 PM
You better stop by our tailgate!!!

Oh most definitely. I'll PM ya when it gets closer. Going to buy real good tickets also. Gota make the most out of it.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2015, 05:45 PM
BBQ
Any of them - Gates, Joe's, Arthur Bryant's, Jack Stack, LC's, Q39 whatever. They are all damn good, its like fighting about which religion is best. If you are spending a week try as many as you can.

Nightlife
P&L, Westport - both fun, just pick which fits you better.

Hotel
Depends which nightlife area you want to be at. Staying close by the stadium is not worth it, stay downtown IMO. You better book a hotel now. Steeler fans travel well and also that game falls during the MLB postseason how the Royals are going you better plan in advance for that as well.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 05:47 PM
BBQ
Any of them - Gates, Joe's, Arthur Bryant's, Jack Stack, LC's, Q39 whatever. They are all damn good, its like fighting about which religion is best. If you are spending a week try as many as you can.

Nightlife
P&L, Westport - both fun, just pick which fits you better.

Hotel
Depends which nightlife area you want to be at. Staying close by the stadium is not worth it, stay downtown IMO. You better book a hotel now. Steeler fans travel well and also that game falls during the MLB postseason how the Royals are going you better plan in advance for that as well.

Oh well be booking hotel ASAP. My family is all Steeler fans. I know all about their traveling fan base. Thanks for the advice!

O.city
08-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Westporr, brookside, martini corner, plaza nightlife

Westin, intercontinental, anywhere on plaza hotels.

If you're gonna be therr all week, go to mitch holthus show Monday night after the previous sunday. Cheesy, but kinda fun

lewdog
08-23-2015, 05:53 PM
OP IS A WHITE SUX FAN!

Carry heat everyone!

O.city
08-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Beer kitchen and prydes

GloryDayz
08-23-2015, 06:05 PM
Enjoy the experience man, it's truly and awesome place.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 06:30 PM
OP IS A WHITE SUX FAN!

Carry heat everyone!

:)

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Westporr, brookside, martini corner, plaza nightlife

Westin, intercontinental, anywhere on plaza hotels.

If you're gonna be therr all week, go to mitch holthus show Monday night after the previous sunday. Cheesy, but kinda fun

Thanks city. I'll definitely look into those and the Holthus show.

Enjoy the experience man, it's truly and awesome place.

Thanks man! I've been waiting my entire life, albeit short.

GloryDayz
08-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Thanks man! I've been waiting my entire life, albeit short.

Just soak it all in.. Like a meat in a smoker there's no way to get the smoke into the meat quickly, it takes time. Slow and steady....

Drink slowly (and responsibly), discover the awesomeness of the best tailgaters on the planet, so just smile, laugh, and talk a lot.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Just soak it all in.. Like a meat in a smoker there's no way to get the smoke into the meat quickly, it takes time. Slow and steady....

Drink slowly (and responsibly), discover the awesomeness of the best tailgaters on the planet, so just smile, laugh, and talk a lot.

Oh I don't get shitfaced...fast at least. I want to be sober for the experience.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Taco Bell right across street from sports complex

Adams Mark for all your hotel accommodations

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 07:27 PM
OP IS A WHITE SUX FAN!

Carry heat everyone!

Oh I got the bat speed. I can hit your best cheese :evil:

stevieray
08-23-2015, 07:57 PM
...for Chiefs Gear, I suggest Rallye House east of the stadium at Independence Center.

MotherfuckerJones
08-23-2015, 07:58 PM
...for Chiefs Gear, I suggest Rallye House east of the stadium at Independence Center.

Thanks. I'm bringing plenty of $$$ for that.