PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs have interest in G Andy Levitre

Chief Roundup
08-27-2015, 09:15 PM
http://profootballspot.com/_/nfl/afc-west/kansas-city-chiefs/mathis-signing-gives-chiefs-option-at-guard-r12011

The Chiefs leadership will get a good look at a potential band-aid on Friday night. Andy Levitre’s days in Tennessee may be coming to an end. His salary could push him out now that he’s been put down on the second string.

For the Chiefs, a veteran zone-blocking guard could be exactly what they’re looking for. A trade could be worked out, but would carry Levitre ‘s large salary. It can be done, and if the Titans want a player in return, the Chiefs have some options. Otherwise, Levitre will likely be cut and the Chiefs can look at signing him to a new deal. In that way, Evan Mathis has helped the Chiefs without joining them.

TLO
08-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Who?

Shaid
08-27-2015, 09:23 PM
So he's second string and we should be excited about signing him? Don't know about him but that doesn't sound all that phenomenal.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2015, 09:25 PM
So he's second string and we should be excited about signing him? Don't know about him but that doesn't sound all that phenomenal.

Levitre signed a big contract in 2013 ($46.8M/6yrs).

Heck of a contract for a nobody.

nychief
08-27-2015, 09:27 PM
I get all my news from profootballspot.com

ptlyon
08-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Patchwork Orange

Third Eye
08-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Misleading thread title. Nowhere does that article say that the Chiefs have any interest.

Titty Meat
08-27-2015, 09:36 PM
This line is really fucked

RunKC
08-27-2015, 09:40 PM
He was an elite caliber player in 2012 (why he got paid in FA), then had a decent year in 2013 and then an awful year last year.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-27-2015, 09:40 PM
What a joke of an article. ..wow

TEX
08-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Such a stupid read...Id rather Evan Mathis help KC by having signed with KC. Levitre is nothing special now. In fact he's closer to bad than good. The Titans were stupid for paying him as much as they did. He's gone down hill since then. No way Id trade for him and shell out big dollars. Id take my chances on signing him when he gets cut.

listopencil
08-27-2015, 09:45 PM
A trade could be worked out, but would carry Levitre ‘s large salary. It can be done, and if the Titans want a player in return, the Chiefs have some options. Otherwise, Levitre will likely be cut and the Chiefs can look at signing him to a new deal. In that way, Evan Mathis has helped the Chiefs without joining them.

What?

TEX
08-27-2015, 09:47 PM
This line is really ****ed

Yep. Had all offseason and it comes to this. Again. :shake:

mcaj22
08-27-2015, 09:47 PM
8 mil a year for this bum? Id take our chances with our current crop of turds that we can cut bait with at no cost and start anew when they all stink, than be locked in for big money.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2015, 09:48 PM
Way better than Fulton or Allen.

TEX
08-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Way better than Fulton or Allen.

Not saying much...

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2015, 10:04 PM
LeVitre was once a very solid guard but his play has dipped considerably since joining Tennessee.

That said, Tennessee sucks and most likely, he'd be an upgrade over Fulton.

But no trade.

DaFace
08-27-2015, 10:06 PM
What?

From the rest of the article...

Top Option & the Mathis Factor

It would be preferable for the Titans to release Levitre outright before Dorsey showed interest. His release would alleviate the cost of his over-priced contact, allowing teams to negotiate a new deal from scratch. It would open up the number of teams negotiating, but would result in a much lower contract cost. Teams can thank Evan Mathis for that.

Mathis’ one year deal in Denver, with it’s $2.5M base salary ($4M with escalators) just re-set the market. It will be next to impossible for Levitre to garner an offer higher than Mathis’ Denver deal. That’s good news for Dorsey and could let him be aggressive in trying to secure a veteran guard to upgrade the offensive line.

The article is pure speculation though. There's nothing here that says the Chiefs are planning on changing anything at all.

Simply Red
08-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Plus we let Jeff Linkenbach go! When will this madness stop!?

RealSNR
08-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Yep. Had all offseason and it comes to this. Again. :shake:

Would you care once again to answer my question?

What the fuck was Dorsey supposed to do differently this offseason to improve the OL without being irresponsible with cap dollars or draft picks?

BryanBusby
08-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Wouldn't offer a conditional 7th rounder in 2021 and the condition being that he turns into a Gundam every game.

RealSNR
08-27-2015, 10:30 PM
Wouldn't offer a conditional 7th rounder in 2021 and the condition being that he turns into a Gundam every game.

This.

However, would trade Alex Smith straight up

listopencil
08-27-2015, 11:00 PM
From the rest of the article...

The article is pure speculation though. There's nothing here that says the Chiefs are planning on changing anything at all.

OK. Thanks for clearing that up. It may end up being bullshit but at least it makes sense to me now.

thabear04
08-27-2015, 11:01 PM
Let's trade Commings for him.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2015, 11:02 PM
OK. Thanks for clearing that up. It may end up being bullshit but at least it makes sense to me now.

This is what happens when literally anyone can register a domain and have a website.

Why people give this shit any kind of credence is beyond me.

listopencil
08-27-2015, 11:08 PM
This is what happens when literally anyone can register a domain and have a website.

Why people give this shit any kind of credence is beyond me.

True and true. I haven't been digging around anything away from my usual sources because we are still weeks until the final roster and, frankly, I did not expect the Broncos to be making moves. I took my eye off the ball forgetting that Denver still had cap space left. So the Mathis signing threw me off a bit. I don't want to wade through all of this kind of horse shit. I'm willing to wait and see or get opinions from guys on here that have been following it.

listopencil
08-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Oh shit. The Ambien Walrus is coming for me. I already had some rum so it's not like I can get away. Off I go.

Mav
08-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Something is wrong in Tennessee. They drafted Chance Warmack, and I thought he was going to be a monster. Levitre was a beast in Buffalo. He goes and dies in Tennessee. Weird.

wazu
08-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Shoulda signed Mathis. Incoming: Another year of crying that our O-line sucks and it's not Alex Smith.

Simply Red
08-27-2015, 11:22 PM
you don't just let Jeff Linkenbach go.

TimBone
08-28-2015, 03:06 AM
you don't just let Jeff Linkenbach go.
Agreed.

You shoot him in the back of the head as he walks away.

Predarat
08-28-2015, 06:08 AM
He was good with Buffalo but has not done much with the Titans. Actually under his 'guarding' about 10 QBs have missed games due to injury. And yes he is just one part of the line, can't put all the blame on him. So if your an Alex Smith hater, this might be the guy you are looking for. But a few games after that, the Chiefs will be scowering the waver wire for guys who could not make QB2 and got cut.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2015, 06:09 AM
This line is really fucked

We're not going to have this false narrative all season long. Sorry.

This line, when the starters are healthy, is as good as any line in the division and probably the league sans a few.

No more with this.

Cease and desist.

Today.

Ask yourself, "what can I do personally to stop making excuses for the Chiefs offense, how can I contribute to this effort"?

As you were.

Mav
08-28-2015, 06:12 AM
We're not going to have this false narrative all season long. Sorry.

This line, when the starters are healthy, is as good as any line in the division and probably the league sans a few.

No more with this.

Cease and desist.

Today.

Ask yourself, "what can I do personally to stop making excuses for the Chiefs offense, how can I contribute to this effort"?

As you were.

Talk about a false narrative. Jesus.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2015, 06:17 AM
Talk about a false narrative. Jesus.

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE, SIR.

Stop perpetuating untruths in the Kingdumb, please.

Mav
08-28-2015, 06:21 AM
THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE, SIR.

Stop perpetuating untruths in the Kingdumb, please.

What numbers? Morse has never played a down in the NFL. Who is the week one right guard and right tackle. I get what you are saying, and why you are saying it. You want no excuse for Alex Smith, and hey I'm right there with you.

But if we are being honest with each other the Oline is the only unknown and weakest position group on the roster and no where near being a middle of the pack oline.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2015, 06:24 AM
What numbers? Morse has never played a down in the NFL. Who is the week one right guard and right tackle. I get what you are saying, and why you are saying it. You want no excuse for Alex Smith, and hey I'm right there with you.

But if we are being honest with each other the Oline is the only unknown and weakest position group on the roster and no where near being a middle of the pack oline.

As it stands, today, the Chiefs line grades out about even with everyone else in the division.

This of course can change over the course of a season, but a line should not be the determining factor for offensive success when you are LOADED with offensive play makers.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2015, 06:26 AM
so they want a guard, just not Mathis?

Mav
08-28-2015, 06:28 AM
As it stands, today, the Chiefs line grades out about even with everyone else in the division.

This of course can change over the course of a season, but a line should not be the determining factor for offensive success when you are LOADED with offensive play makers.

I'm not sure how an oline who you don't know is going to be in there grades out at anything. But I'll just back out of this conversation. Cause we both know what the agenda is here.

Operation no excuse. And I'm fine with that.

TEX
08-28-2015, 06:30 AM
LeVitre was once a very solid guard but his play has dipped considerably since joining Tennessee.

But no trade.

Exactly the case.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2015, 06:45 AM
I really liked Levitre coming out of college. I hope he gets a look.

jonzie04
08-28-2015, 06:58 AM
He had a good year in 2013 with the Titans, and was below average last year... but the scary thing is he lost his job to former tackle Byron Bell... A guy that was the Mike Mcglynn of right tackles last year. I suppose Bell might look better at guard than he did at tackle, but its pretty damn bad losing your job to a guy of that caliber. I'm all for giving him a chance if he hits FA but I seriously doubt he is able to beat out the other guys this late in the preseason.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-28-2015, 07:09 AM

But no trade.

Give them Tyler Bray. I think they need a QB with a huge arm. And no brains and a blown ACL.

RealSNR
08-28-2015, 07:16 AM

Allen and Stephenson are your RG and RT.

Maybe it's Fulton and Stephenson/Allen, but I doubt it. And even if it is, Fulton isn't some unknown. We know what his basement is and that he's improved a little bit. We're fine.

Fuck... Mr. Offensive Line himself Saccopoo says we're going to be fine.

An offensive line requires FIVE DUDES starting, remember. It's nearly impossible to keep and maintain five top of the line starters from year to year. It's not like WR or CB where you just get one or two good guys and just build up rookie depth behind them. You have to usually START rookies at OL. In which case, WHO THE FUCK CARES? EVERY TEAM does the same exact fucking thing.

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Dudes will try to say this offensive line is solid just so they can blame Smith for everything.

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Good offensive lines aren't looking for starters week 3 of the pre season.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2015, 07:47 AM

Unfortunately the line is going to be bad and Fisher, while he will probably be better, still isn't going to be good enough.

And we know Alex makes lines worse...

The results will be obvious...another year blaming the line and the receivers not being Rice, Moss and Carter in their prime...oh and Andy is holding Smith back, don't you know?

Chiefnj2
08-28-2015, 07:50 AM
Anyone think Allen is going to miss significant time w/ KC allegedly being interested in someone like Levitre?

RealSNR
08-28-2015, 07:54 AM

Good offensive lines aren't missing their top two starting OTs.

And besides that, Andy Reid has gone against the grain in terms of figuring out his starters and backups for preseason games. If this were the regular season, there's no way he'd be "trying stuff out" the way he is. It's because it's preseason, not the regular season, and the two guys he wants at the LT and RT spots are injured.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Has KC announced its starting OL tonight?

Hammock Parties
08-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Anyone think Allen is going to miss significant time w/ KC allegedly being interested in someone like Levitre?

The fact that we've heard nothing about a return for Allen AND Fisher raises some questions about when they'll be back...

CoMoChief
shitty oline is shitty again

Hammock Parties
Has KC announced its starting OL tonight?

I'm sure it's:

Stephenson Grubbs Morse Trash Shit

DC.chief
08-28-2015, 08:12 AM
He has been absolute garbage in TN. No thanks. He is losing his starting job to Byron fucking Bell! Bell I believe graded out as a huge pile of shit at right tackle for the panthers last year.

We're better off with what we currently have

TEX
08-28-2015, 08:15 AM
I'm sure it's:

Stephenson Grubbs Morse Trash Shit

:LOL: Rep! (Am I REALLY doing this?)

FringeNC
08-28-2015, 08:47 AM
If we thought we needed to upgrade the position and were willing to spend real money, we would have signed Mathis. We're going with who we have on the roster now.

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2015, 09:00 AM
The fact that we've heard nothing about a return for Allen AND Fisher raises some questions about when they'll be back...

They projected about two weeks for Fisher so he's not off time line yet.

RunKC
08-28-2015, 09:04 AM
People freaking out over players not playing in preseason is always hilarious

Dante84
08-28-2015, 09:04 AM
Where does it say the Chiefs are interested?

This article and title are just throwing shit against the wall.

TEX
08-28-2015, 09:05 AM
If we thought we needed to upgrade the position and were willing to spend real money, we would have signed Mathis. We're going with who we have on the roster now.

Well, they DID sign Fanaika ...:LOL: :doh!:
I think he tries to play both G & Tackle but sucks at both.

Chief Roundup
08-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Misleading thread title. Nowhere does that article say that the Chiefs have any interest.

sorry that the ? didn't get in the title. Evidently I fat fingered the keyboard at that moment.

Chief Roundup
08-28-2015, 09:12 AM
He has been absolute garbage in TN. No thanks. He is losing his starting job to Byron ****ing Bell! Bell I believe graded out as a huge pile of shit at right tackle for the panthers last year.

We're better off with what we currently have

They run a different scheme with the OL than what Levitre is good at and came from when he was successful. He is definitely worth a look with the issues we have on the OL.

Chief Roundup
08-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Injuries are a part of the game. Our starters are less than what we would like in most cases evidently. It is easy to see that we are an injury away from having the worst line the league territory again.
I listened/believed that the CP talking heads were right about Kush being a small drop off from Hudson. Evidently that was not even close to being the case. I thought that Stephenson would regain his pre PED form. I was wrong. I thought Morse, because of Kush, would be our starting RG or depth at the very least, wrong again.
Our OL is a mess past Fisher and Grubbs and well those can have accurate, true and negative things said too.
It appears on some/many levels that we are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

TEX
08-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Injuries are a part of the game. Our starters are less than what we would like in most cases evidently. It is easy to see that we are an injury away from having the worst line the league territory again.
I listened/believed that the CP talking heads were right about Kush being a small drop off from Hudson. Evidently that was not even close to being the case. I thought that Stephenson would regain his pre PED form. I was wrong. I thought Morse, because of Kush, would be our starting RG or depth at the very least, wrong again.
Our OL is a mess past Fisher and Grubbs and well those can have accurate, true and negative things said too.
It appears on some/many levels that we are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Exactly the case. Never listen to those idiots here (Especially Real SNR) who don't know shit about shit, yet talk like they do... After last season, to find ourselves in this position 1 year later is pathetic. Especially when the Chiefs signed Maclin to try and improve the vertical passing game. For all the good the offseason brought, the state of OL takes the grade way down. :shake:

Because Chiefs...

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Good offensive lines aren't missing their top two starting OTs.

And besides that, Andy Reid has gone against the grain in terms of figuring out his starters and backups for preseason games. If this were the regular season, there's no way he'd be "trying stuff out" the way he is. It's because it's preseason, not the regular season, and the two guys he wants at the LT and RT spots are injured.

Injuries aside they don't even know if Fisher can play or if Allen is worth a shit. These are the same questions some of us had about this line in the off season. To pretend like everything is good with this line because you hate the QB is ridiculous.

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2015, 09:41 AM
Exactly the case. After last season, to find ourselves in this position 1 year later is pathetic. Especially when the Chiefs signed Maclin to try and improve the vertical passing game. For all the good the offseason brought, the state of OL takes the grade way down. :shake:

Because Chiefs...We don't know that it's the same. McGlynn and Linkenbach were awful and are gone. Addition by subtraction. The fact that they're not playing on this OL makes it at least a bit better. Not to mention Grubbs is a massive upgrade over McGlynn.

I'd prefer to wait until the final cuts and see how they perform together a few games before getting my panties in a twist.

Chief Roundup
08-28-2015, 09:45 AM
These players most likely will have to be replaced this off-season: If Stephenson has a meh season which looks likely at this point, Allen misses any real time and doesn't show strong before the end of the season, LDT looks like he is spending too much time trying to be a doctor while being a professional football player, Kush is just disappointing all around.
It is very conceivable that we will need 2 starters, RT and RG as well as 2 or 3 more towards depth again next year.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Why is everyone saying Stephenson is playing poorly?

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2015, 09:49 AM

I was wondering this myself. Didn't he play well vs Arizona?

TEX
08-28-2015, 09:57 AM

I think they mean RT. He's playing LT well.

Chief Roundup
08-28-2015, 10:02 AM
We don't know that it's the same. McGlynn and Linkenbach were awful and are gone. Addition by subtraction. The fact that they're not playing on this OL makes it at least a bit better. Not to mention Grubbs is a massive upgrade over McGlynn.

I'd prefer to wait until the final cuts and see how they perform together a few games before getting my panties in a twist.

Let us not forget that the only reason for McGlynn was the injury to Allen. I do think that Grubbs could be better than Allen at LG, but Grubbs is older and is coming off a meh year. That is what should be getting compared. An injury to Grubbs and Allen goes back to LG if he is healthy or we are right back to that McGlynn territory.
Linkenbach, Sherrod, Faniaka shit is still on the OL just with a different name and number.

Chief Roundup
08-28-2015, 10:04 AM

I was wondering this myself. Didn't he play well vs Arizona?

Word that I have seen out of camp is that his play at RT has not been to the pre PED levels and he didn't fair all that well in the first preseason game.
He has played better at LT but he always plays better on that side.

TEX
08-28-2015, 10:07 AM
We don't know that it's the same. McGlynn and Linkenbach were awful and are gone. Addition by subtraction. The fact that they're not playing on this OL makes it at least a bit better. Not to mention Grubbs is a massive upgrade over McGlynn.

Your way is no doubt a sound approach. Deal is the way the schedule breaks, the Chiefs cant afford to wait too long. With Hudson gone, the OL is in almost as bad a shape as last year. Beyond Fish & Grubbs, questions and suckage are wide spread. So, that's why Ill be going commando till this works itself out...Might be a cold winter.

saphojunkie
08-28-2015, 10:08 AM
I cant believe the fucking offensive line is still an issue. I swear to god if we don't take a QB that falls to us in the first round because there's a RT there...

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Injuries aside they don't even know if Fisher can play or if Allen is worth a shit. These are the same questions some of us had about this line in the off season. To pretend like everything is good with this line because you hate the QB is ridiculous.

The line looked fine two years ago when it was stephenson-allen-hudson-schwartz-fisher. This line will easily be on the same level if not better if all five guys are healthy.

The main reason last year's ol was aids is because Allen got injured and Stephenson was in reids doghouse.

O.city
08-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Stephenson has been fine at both tackle spots this lreseason.

O.city
08-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Further more, Morse and kush have been good at center when playing and fisher and Stephenson have been good at the tackle spots. Grubbs has been solid to very good at LG.

It looks much worse because we've played 2 of the best defensive front 7s in football so far and have been doing so with mostly the 3rd rg, 3rd rt and a rookie center (who's played pretty well).

They need to get healthy first and foremost, but if Levitre can play RG better than anything we've got, do it.

Same if a surprise wr gets cut, or a TE etc.

It doesn't always necessarily mean it's bad

TEX
08-28-2015, 10:38 AM
The line looked fine two years ago when it was stephenson-allen-hudson-schwartz-fisher. This line will easily be on the same level if not better if all five guys are healthy.

The main reason last year's ol was aids is because Allen got injured and Stephenson was in reids doghouse.

There's that Schwartz guy being mentioned again. Still trying to fill his shoes...:hmmm:

Halfcan
08-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Weatherman will be along shortly to post that we have traded for Levitre and resigned him to a 5 year 125 million dollar contract.

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 10:45 AM
There's that Schwartz guy being mentioned again. Still trying to fill his shoes...:hmmm:

ROFL and wasn't it Allen who was benched for him?

The Franchise
08-28-2015, 10:47 AM

Ummmm no. Try Asamoah.

TEX
08-28-2015, 10:53 AM

It was Asuckamoah, but you got the point.

The Franchise
08-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Funny thing is that Asamoah got signed to that $25 million deal and I believe is 2nd string RG in Atlanta.

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Ummmm no. Try Asamoah.

Pest meeting his quota of 1 passive aggressive post toward me in every thread I post in :LOL:

The Franchise
08-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Pest meeting his quota of 1 passive aggressive post toward me in every thread I post in :LOL:

It's passive aggressive to correct your incorrect information?

Red Beans
08-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Funny thing is that Asamoah got signed to that $25 million deal and I believe is 2nd string RG in Atlanta.

Pioli is a moron. Still trying to instill his own incestuous version of the Patriot way. While I know Dorsey isn't immune to picking up guys he's familiar with, he kicks the tires on every damn option out there. It was like Pioli has some kind of alternate version of reality going on in his head and he was sticking to that version come hell or high water. I truly believe the man to be a sociopath. I'd split a six pack with Dorsey. If I was given the opportunity to literally take a shit on Pioli, there would be no doubt that I'd do it.

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 10:59 AM
It's passive aggressive to correct your incorrect information?

LMAO I love you

thabear04
08-28-2015, 11:00 AM

He should of stayed with the Chiefs and not sign with the Giants.

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 11:01 AM
He should of stayed with the Chiefs and not sign with the Giants.

Should have resigned Albert and kept Stephenson at right tackle

The Franchise
08-28-2015, 11:02 AM
LMAO I love you

http://readeroffictions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/gif-i-wish-i-could-quit-you-brokeback.gif

Bob Dole
08-28-2015, 11:09 AM
We should just go ahead and cut Billay.

staylor26
08-28-2015, 11:12 AM

:facepalm:

Titty Meat
08-28-2015, 11:19 AM
We should just go ahead and cut Billay.

Fanaika first

RealSNR
08-28-2015, 11:35 AM

What.

The.

Fuck.

Was.

Dorsey.

Supposed.

To.

Do?

Would somebody please fucking answer the fucking question? TEX apparently has me on ignore, and all the other OL morons are just standing around with their fingers up their butt bitching about how McGlynn is going to come back to KC and rape their daughters.

DaFace
08-28-2015, 11:37 AM
What.

The.

Fuck.

Was.

Dorsey.

Supposed.

To.

Do?

Would somebody please fucking answer the fucking question? TEX apparently has me on ignore, and all the other OL morons are just standing around with their fingers up their butt bitching about how McGlynn is going to come back to KC and rape their daughters.

Put us in salary cap hell for the next 5 years in order to (hopefully) win one playoff game this year?

Let Houston walk?

Cut Jamaal?

:shrug:

The Franchise
08-28-2015, 11:37 AM
What.

The.

Fuck.

Was.

Dorsey.

Supposed.

To.

Do?

We should have spent our first 4 draft picks on offensive linemen....just so everyone could bitch about it.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2015, 11:38 AM

Good grief, no.

Discuss Thrower
08-28-2015, 11:38 AM
All offseason the mantra was the offensive line has been improved.

Why then are there discussions about Mathis and this Levitre guy..?

The Franchise
08-28-2015, 11:39 AM

So if you had a chance to improve a position group.....you shouldn't because you think that it's good to go now?

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2015, 11:47 AM
The Titans will not trade Levitre. They'd have $6.5 million in dead money and only $2.5 million in cap savings.

If they release him, it's the opposite: $6.5 in cap savings, $2.5 dead money.

No one is going to claim him with those kind of numbers so he'll be free agent, unless they decide to keep him this season.

O.city
08-28-2015, 11:47 AM

It has improved

Those guys would improve it more

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2015, 11:48 AM
It has improved

Those guys would improve it more

Debatable

O.city
08-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Debatable

Which part? Or both?

Health is keeping it from being better right noe, but if when fisher gets healthy I think they'll be improved from last year.

The second part is debatable though

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Which part? Or both?

Health is keeping it from being better right noe, but if when fisher gets healthy I think they'll be improved from last year.

The second part is debatable though

It's debatable whether Mathis or Levitre would be an upgrade once the line is healthy.

I certainly wouldn't have spent $6 million a year on Mathis and definitely wouldn't pay Levitre $8 million.

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Shoulda signed Mathis.
We have no idea what his level of interest was in playing here. He wanted to play for a contender.

It's so easy for us fans to say coulda Shoulda woulda.

In the grand scheme of things, we know jack shit.

O.city
08-28-2015, 12:08 PM
It's debatable whether Mathis or Levitre would be an upgrade once the line is healthy.

I certainly wouldn't have spent $6 million a year on Mathis and definitely wouldn't pay Levitre $8 million.

Didn't mathis get 2.5?

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Didn't mathis get 2.5?

Yep but the number being bandied around here was $6 million.

It's pretty clear that Dorsey had no interest in Mathis, even at $2.5 million. I wouldn't have, either.

saphojunkie
08-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Evan Mathis would have been a dumb signing.

This is silly.

ThaVirus
08-28-2015, 12:21 PM
I think it was $2.5 with the possibility of being $4.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Dudes will try to say this offensive line is solid just so they can blame Smith for everything.

Again I ask, nay plead: proceed immediately to new topics, and create the "Chiefs are done drafting 1st round QB's"-thread.

I am considering bribing you with actual money.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-28-2015, 04:53 PM
CP hero many years ago

BlackOp
08-28-2015, 05:07 PM
We have no idea what his level of interest was in playing here. He wanted to play for a contender.

That's horseshit...the Eagles are a good team. He left for one reason...money. Philly offered a $1 million raise to like $6 million...and he wanted more. He/his agent completely overestimated his value on the open-market.

He ended up only getting a one year deal worth 2.5 + incentives. At 33, the last thing you want is a one year deal. He thought the pro-bowl was going to secure he last big payday...and it didn't.

KC had no interest in him...Mathis said so himself. It was Miami and Seattle...the Seahawks are broke and Miami was offering peanuts. He took the most money he could find and changed the narrative to "playing for a contender". Last I checked...Seahawks are a pretty solid team..

I dont care about this anymore...but I dont like it when people say "he didn't want to play here". Reid didn't want him...and he knows him personally. The guy is troll online.., maybe he wouldn't have fit in the LR culture...that and he plays LG.

Obviously teams weren't that impressed by his PFF stats....If he was the 2nd best OG, there would have been more interest. He would have received a multi-year contract. Something is "off" with how this played out.

Mav
08-28-2015, 05:43 PM

Why is anyone saying Fisher played poorly?

jonzie04
09-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Falcons traded a 6th and a conditional pick for him. Seems like a mistake IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000521868/article/titans-trade-andy-levitre-to-atlanta-falcons

The Franchise
09-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Glad to see that Asamoah is really working out for the Falcons. ROFL

RealSNR
09-04-2015, 12:40 PM
What'd I say.

Asamoah is a fat fucking pussy. That's all he's ever been when he was here, and it's what he's proving to be with the Falcons.

What a huge fucking disappointment considering how highly touted he was coming out of college.

MotherfuckerJones
09-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Asamoah....another Pioli failure ROFL

chiefzilla1501
09-04-2015, 12:47 PM
I bet Levitre would stiffen up our ol

jonzie04
09-04-2015, 12:50 PM

I mean its possible, not like we have any world beaters at RG at the moment. But for 2 draft picks and inheriting his contract? Also have to keep in mind he did lose his job the a guy that was even worse than Mike Mcglynn at RT.

chiefzilla1501
09-04-2015, 12:53 PM
I mean its possible, not like we have any world beaters at RG at the moment. But for 2 draft picks and inheriting his contract? Also have to keep in mind he did lose his job the a guy that was even worse than Mike Mcglynn at RT.

He wouldn't stiffen the line as much as Damien woody.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Falcons fucking suck.

OctoberFart
09-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Andy wasn't really interested because he is a decent player.

DaFace
09-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Why are you even here? You don't even troll worth a damn.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-04-2015, 07:29 PM

:LOL: Oakland: when your career has run out of options.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2015, 11:49 PM

That's Andy Levitra

MotherfuckerJones
09-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Some mod please ban that incompetent POS. Just wastes posts.

milkman
09-05-2015, 06:57 AM
These players most likely will have to be replaced this off-season: If Stephenson has a meh season which looks likely at this point, Allen misses any real time and doesn't show strong before the end of the season, LDT looks like he is spending too much time trying to be a doctor while being a professional football player, Kush is just disappointing all around.
It is very conceivable that we will need 2 starters, RT and RG as well as 2 or 3 more towards depth again next year.

Someone isn't very good at watching football.