PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hey, its preseason....but 3 and 0 is impressive.

Trivers
08-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Radio Mitch just stated first time since 1980.

And this not a "fill the seats" stunt of a new coaching staff. Hell, I remember several recent years we were 0 and 4 or 1 and 3.

This may be a fun year

jonzie04
08-28-2015, 08:44 PM
I think were going to be pretty damn good. Not sure how good yet, but one things for certain, we've got guys who can step in and play at a decent level at every postion... except the o line...lol and wr.

Stanley Nickels
08-28-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20

milkman
08-28-2015, 08:47 PM
The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason.

Rain Man
08-28-2015, 08:49 PM
I can't even remember the last time the Chiefs lost a game.

Lonewolf Ed
08-28-2015, 08:58 PM
4-0 preseasons have led to many 4-12 seasons for the Raiders, just to name one example. Don't go planning for Super Bowl tickets just yet.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2015, 08:58 PM
3-0 in the preseason is indicative of nothing

MeatRock
08-28-2015, 09:00 PM
4-0 preseasons have led to many 4-12 seasons for the Raiders, just to name one example. Don't go planning for Super Bowl tickets just yet.

Yep.

stevieray
08-28-2015, 09:02 PM
The good news is, they went 3-0 for the first time since 1980.

The bad news is, they went 3-0 for the first time since 1980.

jonzie04
08-28-2015, 09:03 PM
The Raiders have never gone 4-0 in the preseason.

KCTitus
08-28-2015, 09:04 PM
W/L record means shit...what is important is if the team was executing on the field. Looks to me like they've done better in doing that than in years past. I'm encouraged by the relatively solid play of the first team.

Rain Man
08-28-2015, 09:05 PM
You people are too cautious. A 4-0 preseason is a likely indicator of a season unprecedented in history. Did the Lions have Justin Houston? Did the Raiders have Jamaal Charles? A new day is dawning, gentlemen. It's morning in Arrowhead.

jonzie04
08-28-2015, 09:06 PM
W/L record means shit...what is important is if the team was executing on the field. Looks to me like they've done better in doing that than in years past. I'm encouraged by the relatively solid play of the first team.

This is the truth right here. I was happy with how the first team O looked today. I would have been a lot happier about todays game if we would have lost vs say the Cardinals game where the first team O looked horrific and the backups won.

MMXcalibur
08-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Preseason records are now being used as tiebreakers at the end of the regular season.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2015, 09:09 PM
The good news is, they went 3-0 for the first time since 1980.

The bad news is, they went 3-0 for the first time since 1980.

LMAO

Perfect

KCTitus
08-28-2015, 09:11 PM
This is the truth right here. I was happy with how the first team O looked today. I would have been a lot happier about todays game if we would have lost vs say the Cardinals game where the first team O looked horrific and the backups won.

That's probably the most solid play for the first team in a first half by KC I can recall in years. While it is preseason and they did some gameplanning it was nice to see plays being made. The TD to Maclin was a nice surprise and good throw by Alex.

DaFace
08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
3-0 in the preseason is indicative of nothing

Eh, it's not indicative that we're going to go 16-0 in the regular season, but it's an indicator that we've got some pretty solid depth right now.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Based on a 3-0 preseason to date I forecast 11-5 regular season

TimBone
08-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Them the fellas that went 0-16?

Mr_Tomahawk
08-28-2015, 09:43 PM

Well hopefully we go 3-1. Everyone wins!

KCTitus
08-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Well hopefully we go 3-1. Everyone wins!

Actually, with the depth KC has, we should see a dominant 4th game and possibly a win going into the regular season. Can the team carry that into week 1...dunno...lets hope so.

Mav
08-28-2015, 10:05 PM

I mean this with all due respect.

Dumbass.

BlackOp
08-28-2015, 10:06 PM
It's not that they are 3-0...it's how they looked doing it. I sure as hell will take our depth playing polished football than looking like a bunch of scrubs waiting to be cut.

Testament to Dorsey's commitment to building the bottom end of KC's roster...and quality coaching.

Even the 4th string RB looks good...Reaves.

thabear04
08-28-2015, 11:59 PM
Wilson hurt his shoulder on the game's first drive, while Searcy hurt his knee later in the opening quarter. Both were questionable to return.

BigMeatballDave
08-29-2015, 12:14 AM

Yes.

Pre-season isn't a reliable barometer to predict the regular season.

BlackOp
08-29-2015, 12:24 AM
Yes.

Pre-season isn't a reliable barometer to predict the regular season.

It a reliable source to gauge the depth of your young players though...deep teams survive a 16 game season.

KC is on the upswing...no doubt in my mind.

MotherfuckerJones
08-29-2015, 04:59 AM

ROFL but were not that team. Love that tidbit though lol

How awful is that? 4-0 in preseason then 0-16.

milkman
08-29-2015, 07:20 AM

Yep.

I mean this with all due respect.

Dumbass.

Just sayin'.

I actually think with the efficient Smith that we saw in this game, a healthy Charles, and minimal injuries to the rest of the squad that this is a team with the potential to win 12 games.

I still do have concerns about Smith, however.

MotherfuckerJones
08-29-2015, 07:33 AM
Yep.

Just sayin'.

I actually think with the efficient Smith that we saw in this game, a healthy Charles, and minimal injuries to the rest of the squad that this is a team with the potential to win 12 games.

Smith just needs to play like that. First time since the playoff game, for me, that he just stood there on some plays and delivered nice passes. Then we had to run, made a couple nice throws. His two worst throws were incompletions. Goddam Maclin was a boss last night.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2015, 08:05 AM
depth

CoMoChief
08-29-2015, 08:39 AM
The Titans are a bad football team....still pisses me off this team collectively shit the bed in the season opener last year...that poor performance ended up costing this team a spot in the playoffs.

But the Titans are bad. They'll go through a lot of ups and downs this season w/ Mariota at QB. I think they'll be a team to reckon w/ in about 3-4 yrs but its going to take time, but right now, this is one of those teams you should beat 19/20x.

It's preseason, but from what it looks like from our starting unit....If Maclin stays healthy he's gonna be a major upgrade from Bowe. The Oline is still shitty, if I have one criticism about Reid/Dorsey is that they've completely mishandled our Oline situation and have left us w/ crap. Good defenses are gonna eat the Chiefs alive in the trenches. That area has to improve.

Marcellus
08-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Its not about the record, is about the execution and it's been pretty solid, especially the defense.

Maclin, Kelce, and JC look to be in good form and Smith looked sharp regardless of who he was playing yesterday.

Its not about the score but how you play.

Everyone saying Tennessee is a bad team, well we should stomp bad teams.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-29-2015, 09:49 AM
I'm just glad this team can execute a variety of plays that will frustrate defenses. There are a lot of 'vanilla' offenses in the NFL but this WCO is more of a neopolitan with nuts, chocolate syrup, and a bunch of sprinkles.

Fish
08-29-2015, 09:51 AM
We're going to win the Preseason Superbowl!

beach tribe
08-29-2015, 10:05 AM
We have looked nearly identical early in the season as we did in PS week 3 in recent years.

MotherfuckerJones
08-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Like the '12 season against Russell Wilson? Lol

Bowser
08-29-2015, 10:30 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8NlrgjgOHrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
08-29-2015, 10:31 AM
I mean, I remember some pretty formidable John Mackovic pre-season Chiefs teams, too.

Trivers
08-29-2015, 10:39 AM
I mean, I remember some pretty formidable John Mackovic pre-season Chiefs teams, too.

Exactly!

Mackovic admitted he focused on winning these games to turn the Bettis, Wiggins, Levy eras culture around.

Simply Red
08-29-2015, 10:39 AM
LOVE JOHN MALKOVICH!

Mav
08-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Yep.

Just sayin'.

And that's completely logical. Tennessee is a bad football team. But you know as well as I do comparing even jokingly which I know you were the 2008 lions to this Chiefs team was silly.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Its not about the record, is about the execution and it's been pretty solid

The right side of the offensive line was putrid. Fanaika allowed pressure on every snap I watched last night (granted, it was at midnight but it sure appeared that way).

The Chiefs need healthy bodies by game one or Smith is going to be under constant pressure. Reid can't scheme every single play away from the right side of the line against a front seven like the Texans or Broncos.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm just glad this team can execute a variety of plays that will frustrate defenses. There are a lot of 'vanilla' offenses in the NFL but this WCO is more of a neopolitan with nuts, chocolate syrup, and a bunch of sprinkles.

The first team offense did not "frustrate" the first team defenses of Seattle and Arizona.

Tennessee is an absolutely garbage football team and last night, it showed.

Halfcan
08-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Most likely 4-0 after next week. St Louis could be worse than the Titans.

Rausch
08-29-2015, 12:21 PM

Too much talent there.

But winning leads to a winning culture...

stevieray
08-29-2015, 12:25 PM
The first team offense did not "frustrate" the first team defenses of Seattle and Arizona.

you were stoked until that INT.

hard to believe one errant pass deflated your season.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 12:41 PM
you were stoked until that INT.

hard to believe one errant pass deflated your season.

Oh no, I'm stoked about the season. Their floor is 10 games and their ceiling could be 12.

But I can't let the performance of one game against a bad Tennessee team override what I saw against Arizona and Seattle, which of course, are two very good defenses.

This is going to be a very good team and a great season! :thumb:

stevieray
08-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Oh no, I'm stoked about the season. Their floor is 10 games and their ceiling could be 12.

But I can't let the performance of one game against a bad Tennessee team override what I saw against Arizona and Seattle, which of course, are two very good defenses.

This is going to be a very good team and a great season! :thumb:
cool..thanks for clarifying.

It's nice to see a team with depth, that actually looks well coached...been a awhile..

Haley and Crennel were just such a waste of time.

Then again, Clark had to find his way, too.

I have a quiet confidence in this team and season.

Halfcan
08-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Too much talent there.

But winning leads to a winning culture...

:thumb: Yes it does. I don't care if it for a charity game-I still want to beat the hell out of the Lambs. Do they still play for a trophy or did St. Louis finally just let us have it since they are our bitches?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
08-29-2015, 12:51 PM

What I care about is that the team is improving. The playbook is no longer restricted by the personnel and lack of experience which is upside for this team that wasn't all that terrible last year in offensive production. We have good talent at TE, arguably the best group of backs in the league, and a much improved WR corps...should be good enough to keep all and any defenses on their toes when this team gets even more reps under its belt

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 01:03 PM
cool..thanks for clarifying.

It's nice to see a team with depth, that actually looks well coached...been a awhile..

Haley and Crennel were just such a waste of time.

Then again, Clark had to find his way, too.

I have a quiet confidence in this team and season.

I can't recall a Chiefs team with this much depth. Maybe 1993?

And I don't think that team had a receiver like Maclin or a tight end like Kelce.

Claynus, and even to some extent, Milkman, have been calling me a "homer' all offseason, which I think is silly. This team has more talent and more depth than any team in recent memory and there's good reason to be excited.

Marcellus
08-29-2015, 01:21 PM
The right side of the offensive line was putrid. Fanaika allowed pressure on every snap I watched last night (granted, it was at midnight but it sure appeared that way).

The Chiefs need healthy bodies by game one or Smith is going to be under constant pressure. Reid can't scheme every single play away from the right side of the line against a front seven like the Texans or Broncos.

Fanaika won't be in the starting line up week 1.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 01:42 PM
Fanaika won't be in the starting line up week 1.

Speculation.

Allen hasn't practiced since Week One of training camp and there's been no timetable released regarding Fisher's return.

If those two are unavailable, Fanaika will be starting at right tackle unless the Chiefs pick up someone off the waiver wire.

stevieray
08-29-2015, 01:46 PM
I can't recall a Chiefs team with this much depth. Maybe 1993?

And I don't think that team had a receiver like Maclin or a tight end like Kelce.

Claynus, and even to some extent, Milkman, have been calling me a "homer' all offseason, which I think is silly. This team has more talent and more depth than any team in recent memory and there's good reason to be excited.

yup..I think tk13 said it, but this team needs to play to its strengths, instead of being something it's not...which is the espn induced big bomb throw...Alex was throwing ropes last night...and they scored 3/3. He was flat out getting rid of the ball.. Playmakers at the skill positions make this team a contender. Arrowman and I were talking about it at the Seattle game. Gannon threw short/midrange passes and picked teams apart...Maclin , in a very short time, has exposed the difference between him and Bowe...and it's nothing short of a country mile.

jonzie04
08-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Speculation.

Allen hasn't practiced since Week One of training camp and there's been no timetable released regarding Fisher's return.

If those two are unavailable, Fanaika will be starting at right tackle unless the Chiefs pick up someone off the waiver wire.

Didn't Dorsey say yesterday that if it was a real game then Fisher would have played?

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Didn't Dorsey say yesterday that if it was a real game then Fisher would have played?

I don't know. I'm only 8 minutes into the second quarter and watched the first quarter last night from 12am-1am.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Both Fisher and Allen are projected to be ready for week 1

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-29-2015, 02:26 PM
yup..I think tk13 said it, but this team needs to play to its strengths, instead of being something it's not...which is the espn induced big bomb throw...Alex was throwing ropes last night...and they scored 3/3. He was flat out getting rid of the ball.. Playmakers at the skill positions make this team a contender. Arrowman and I were talking about it at the Seattle game. Gannon threw short/midrange passes and picked teams apart...Maclin , in a very short time, has exposed the difference between him and Bowe...and it's nothing short of a country mile..

This is a good post. My eyes have been awakened as to how much Bowe sucked now.

KChiefs1
08-29-2015, 02:28 PM
If the Alex Smith we saw last night is what we see all season then this year's team is going to go along ways this season.

stumppy
08-29-2015, 02:28 PM

Yea he did.

Marcellus
08-29-2015, 02:30 PM
I don't know. I'm only 8 minutes into the second quarter and watched the first quarter last night from 12am-1am.

In other words you are talking about all of this when you haven't watched much of the game.

Ok.

Mav
08-29-2015, 02:31 PM

You're insane. The Rams have a good football team and their front four is monsterous.

Mav
08-29-2015, 02:35 PM

This is a good post. My eyes have been awakened as to how much Bowe sucked now.

It's not that he sucked as much as you are seeing how much route running means in this offense.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 02:35 PM
In other words you are talking about all of this when you haven't watched much of the game.

Ok.

Excuse me?

Mav
08-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Excuse me?

That in the business is what we call shots fired.

Marcellus
08-29-2015, 02:44 PM
Excuse me?

After watching the game let me know what you think. Well at least the 1st half.

The right side of the line wasnt a dumpster fire, granted it is Tennessee but very little pressure and there were lanes on the right side, I am almost certain JC had a 9 yarder through a large hole to the right.

Either way Fisher will be ready for week 1.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 03:21 PM
After watching the game let me know what you think. Well at least the 1st half.

The right side of the line wasnt a dumpster fire, granted it is Tennessee but very little pressure and there were lanes on the right side, I am almost certain JC had a 9 yarder through a large hole to the right.

Either way Fisher will be ready for week 1.

I've already watched it. Fanaika was garbage. Reid schemed nearly every play to the left because of it. I'll need to go back and re-watch LDT, as I paid little attention to him because Fanaika was just so bad.

Also, something I haven't seen anyone mention was O'Shaughnessy's blocking, which was stellar. He helped West tremendously, which is great to see because he was reportedly struggling early in camp with his blocking assignments.

If he continues to ascend, he's going to be a great compliment to Kelce.

Wallcrawler
08-29-2015, 03:41 PM
This pre-season definitely for me has a tremendously different feel to it.

In past years, the Chiefs would lose these games and we pick through the garbage to find a few good things with a select few players. When they lost, we all just said "Ah its only pre-season. We're hiding our schemes. We're not really trying. Its all vanilla."

This team to me right now, is as competitive and well rounded as Ive seen in a long damn time.

Normally when the starters would leave the field, the rest of the game was a tragi-comic attempt at putting on an NFL caliber display. Watching this team, and how even at the third string level we have guys making plays out on the field is a very refreshing change.

Last night's performance by the offense was damn near flawless. If that was a dress rehearsal for the regular season, then I like what I see. Smith and Maclin definitely seem to be building chemistry. 7 catches and a TD in just 2 quarters of play for Maclin is light years beyond any production we had from the WR positon last season. Hell, if Bowe caught 4 passes in the entire game, that was a "great game" for Bowe.

If Reid can get a handle on his gameday situational football pant-shitting, this team has a chance to do some great things this season.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 04:01 PM
I still can't understand why anyone would advocate Avant over Hammond or Williams.

Williams is smooooooooooooooth. I don't care that he spent years in the AFL. He's been a PS member since last Fall and he looks very good.

They won't be able to "sneak" him through waivers.

Marcellus
08-29-2015, 04:10 PM
I still can't understand why anyone would advocate Avant over Hammond or Williams.

Williams is smooooooooooooooth. I don't care that he spent years in the AFL. He's been a PS member since last Fall and he looks very good.

They won't be able to "sneak" him through waivers.

Williams will make the team. Its going to be a decent WR group IMO.

milkman
08-29-2015, 04:13 PM
I've already watched it. Fanaika was garbage. Reid schemed nearly every play to the left because of it. I'll need to go back and re-watch LDT, as I paid little attention to him because Fanaika was just so bad.

Also, something I haven't seen anyone mention was O'Shaughnessy's blocking, which was stellar. He helped West tremendously, which is great to see because he was reportedly struggling early in camp with his blocking assignments.

If he continues to ascend, he's going to be a great compliment to Kelce.

LDT had a pretty solid game.

I really believe that he is going to be the opening game starter, not because he is the best right now, but because he will be the best by mid season.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 04:22 PM
LDT had a pretty solid game.

I really believe that he is going to be the opening game starter, not because he is the best right now, but because he will be the best by mid season.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan to re-watch the game later tonight when everyone's gone to bed to take a closer look at the O-line.

RunKC
08-29-2015, 04:27 PM
LDT looked a lot better. He just looked bad last week because he was playing the best defense in the league. He needs far more experience.

And I admit that I do like Fred Williams and want him to see some action. But not Frankie Hammond. That guy is terrible at WR.

BigChiefFan
08-29-2015, 05:07 PM
This pre-season definitely for me has a tremendously different feel to it.

In past years, the Chiefs would lose these games and we pick through the garbage to find a few good things with a select few players. When they lost, we all just said "Ah its only pre-season. We're hiding our schemes. We're not really trying. Its all vanilla."

This team to me right now, is as competitive and well rounded as Ive seen in a long damn time.

Normally when the starters would leave the field, the rest of the game was a tragi-comic attempt at putting on an NFL caliber display. Watching this team, and how even at the third string level we have guys making plays out on the field is a very refreshing change.

Last night's performance by the offense was damn near flawless. If that was a dress rehearsal for the regular season, then I like what I see. Smith and Maclin definitely seem to be building chemistry. 7 catches and a TD in just 2 quarters of play for Maclin is light years beyond any production we had from the WR positon last season. Hell, if Bowe caught 4 passes in the entire game, that was a "great game" for Bowe.

If Reid can get a handle on his gameday situational football pant-shitting, this team has a chance to do some great things this season.

Boom. Great post, man!! I agree. The team looks well prepared and ready to make a move.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-29-2015, 05:29 PM
We're all happy because our O looked good against a shitty Titans team while we have already forgotten how they looked against 2 good teams

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 06:00 PM
We're all happy because our O looked good against a shitty Titans team while we have already forgotten how they looked against 2 good teams

Stephenson, Grubbs and Morse have been fine (as was Fisher).

Right guard and right tackle are the concern areas but with Fisher, Allen and Stephenson returning for Game One, they should be fine.