PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Preseason Injury Updates

DaFace
08-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Figured it's worth having a thread where we can keep track of this stuff. I'll probably let this drop after today (9/7) in favor of weekly injury reports from the team.

Jeff Allen - Knee (sounds doubtful for W1)
Eric Fisher - Ankle (sounds probable for W1)
Demetrius Harris - Foot (Practicing. I bet they ease him back in.)
Dontari Poe - Back (Expected back by...end of September? Could even be W1)
De'Anthony Thomas - (sounds probable for W1)
Charcandrick West - Concussion (TBD)
Albert Wilson - Shoulder (supposed to be minor - I bet he plays W1)
Travis Kelce - Mild ankle sprain (sounds probable for W1)

IR:
Tyler Bray
Justin March
Richard Gordon

DaFace
08-29-2015, 04:31 PM
The big one from yesterday is Charcandrick West. Hopefully that ends up being minor - I could see him playing a nice role for us this season.

Marcellus
08-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Great idea for a thread. Lots to keep up with here.

DaFace
08-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Great idea for a thread. Lots to keep up with here.

I'm trying to add details about severity and when/if guys are expected to be back, but if others have more info, please post it.

Buehler445
08-29-2015, 04:46 PM
I didn't know west got concussed :(

jimidollar
08-29-2015, 04:46 PM
Tyler Bray-out forever.

DaFace
08-29-2015, 04:49 PM
I didn't know west got concussed :(

Yeah, just announced a bit ago.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> Charcandrick West has sustained a concussion, per report: <a href="http://t.co/ylsuuI8Ebx">http://t.co/ylsuuI8Ebx</a> <a href="http://t.co/mc0A4JkFDT">pic.twitter.com/mc0A4JkFDT</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadAddict/status/637749011391324160">August 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully it's minor.

BossChief
08-29-2015, 06:23 PM
I know it's not an injury from our team, but Randall Cobb just left the game with an injury in the GB game.

ThaVirus
08-29-2015, 06:47 PM
I know it's not an injury from our team, but Randall Cobb just left the game with an injury in the GB game.

That looks more and more like a W with each passing week...

MotherfuckerJones
08-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Bulaga banged up also

Buehler445
08-29-2015, 07:07 PM
That looks more and more like a W with each passing week...

Seriously? Aaron Rodgers vs rookie and 2nd year corners? I'll take Rodgers every time.

Or is that the game we get Smith back? I can't remember.

Either way Rodgers can beat your best at any given time.

BossChief
08-29-2015, 07:24 PM
GB now has 4 OL starts out with injury, lost Jordy Nelson for the year and Cobb left tonight's game with an injury.

MotherfuckerJones
08-29-2015, 07:29 PM
@ProFootballTalk: Micah Hyde carted off at Lambeau Field http://t.co/qSi35uc2Uk

@RapSheet: Still awaiting word on the severity of #Packers WR Randall Cobb’s shoulder injury. Among the worries, broken collarbone is not one of them.

BossChief
08-29-2015, 07:32 PM
If Hyde and Cobb are out, I wouldn't be shocked to see us steamroll them.

MotherfuckerJones
08-29-2015, 07:35 PM
If Hyde and Cobb are out, I wouldn't be shocked to see us steamroll them.

Still 5 weeks away long ways to go.

ThaVirus
08-29-2015, 08:22 PM
Seriously? Aaron Rodgers vs rookie and 2nd year corners? I'll take Rodgers every time.

I'm just being a KC Chiefs superfan.

He'll probably slaughter us.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2015, 08:25 PM

Good grief, Dude. He's not inhuman, lost his best receiver, is losing players to injury and has a new offensive play caller for the first time, ever, as the Green Bay brass stripped Mac of his play calling duties.

Peters won't be a liability.

Buehler445
08-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Good grief, Dude. He's not inhuman, lost his best receiver, is losing players to injury and has a new offensive play caller for the first time, ever, as the Green Bay brass stripped Mac of his play calling duties.

Peters won't be a liability.

I'm not saying he'll be Ty yo shoes Law out there but GB is always savvy. Rodgers will definitely test him and make him pay for any mistakes he may make.

I'll fully acknowledge that I like our chances if the OL gets JC some holes.

Psyko Tek
08-30-2015, 12:16 AM
thanks Face I was just about to look for info on Poe, didn't realize he was gonna be out for so long
it tasks me...

thabear04
08-30-2015, 12:20 AM
thanks Face I was just about to look for info on Poe, didn't realize he was gonna be out for so long
it tasks me...

He was at practice so that's good news.

DaFace
08-30-2015, 09:28 AM
it tasks me...

Most of what is in the OP is just my guess at where guys are. Poe has been back at practice, and they say he's ahead of schedule, so it wouldn't surprise me if he even plays W1. However, that's probably really optimistic, so I went with end of September.

If others have a better feel based on what they've read anywhere, definitely let me know.

DaFace
08-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Added new info about DAT and Demetrius Harris from today.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Demetrius-Harris-and-De%E2%80%99Anthony-Thomas-Returned-to-Practice-Sunday/d619a07a-ece0-4a75-aee3-f518b2ca7e7a

thabear04
08-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Added new info about DAT and Demetrius Harris from today.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Demetrius-Harris-and-De%E2%80%99Anthony-Thomas-Returned-to-Practice-Sunday/d619a07a-ece0-4a75-aee3-f518b2ca7e7a

Demetrius Harris and De’Anthony Thomas Returned to Practice Sunday

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Demetrius Harris and wide receiver De’Anthony Thomas returned to the practice field Sunday.

Harris broke his foot during Week 10 warm-ups last season when the Chiefs were set to play the Buffalo Bills. Since then, he’s had two operations in relation to the injury. As of Sunday, he passed his physical and was moved from the PUP to the active roster.

Thomas hasn’t played in the preseason since injuring his calf in the first game against the Arizona Cardinals.

“De’Anthony will work his way back in,” Reid said Sunday morning. “He did the walk thru with us and we’ll see how he holds up. Just kind of taking him slow out there.”

As Reid noted, Thomas was limited.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm not saying he'll be Ty yo shoes Law out there but GB is always savvy. Rodgers will definitely test him and make him pay for any mistakes he may make.

I'll fully acknowledge that I like our chances if the OL gets JC some holes.

Nelson and now Cobb are injured. Cobb has the same injury as Desean Jackson, who hasn't played a snap in preseason. Losing his top WR's when they don't have a solid TE will hurt.

As previously mentioned, Mike McCarthy's play calling duties were taken from him this offseason duties so for the first time in his career, Aaron Rodgers will have a different play caller.

Green Bay's defense has been a liability for the past two years and they haven't really helped themselves this offseason. While Green Bay is likely to win the NFC North division, they're a team with many flaws.

milkman
08-30-2015, 05:28 PM
Nelson and now Cobb are injured. Cobb has the same injury as Desean Jackson, who hasn't played a snap in preseason. Losing his top WR's when they don't have a solid TE will hurt.

As previously mentioned, Mike McCarthy's play calling duties were taken from him this offseason duties so for the first time in his career, Aaron Rodgers will have a different play caller.

Green Bay's defense has been a liability for the past two years and they haven't really helped themselves this offseason. While Green Bay is likely to win the NFC North division, they're a team with many flaws.

Green Bay's defense has been a liability throughout most of Rodger's career.

BigMeatballDave
08-30-2015, 05:30 PM

If the Chiefs win this game, it's a great excuse for... well, you know... :)

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Green Bay's defense has been a liability throughout most of Rodger's career.

True and it's a shame.

Can you imagine how bad Green Bay would have been had they not drafted Rodgers in 2005?

I'm think 1973-1988 bad.

stevieray
08-30-2015, 08:56 PM
BTW, anyone remember when Bennett plowed Smith? Can't deny his toughness.

...Bennett fined 17k.

thabear04
08-30-2015, 09:15 PM
BTW, anyone remember when Bennett plowed Smith? Can't deny his toughness.

...Bennett fined 17k.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294217

MotherfuckerJones
08-30-2015, 09:27 PM
True and it's a shame.

Can you imagine how bad Green Bay would have been had they not drafted Rodgers in 2005?

I'm think 1973-1988 bad.

I love me some DJ but I wish the Chiefs could borrow Doc Browns time machine.

MotherfuckerJones
08-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Raiders RT Menelik Watson suffered a potentially serious ankle injury in Sunday night's third preseason game.
"It does not look good," coach Jack Del Rio told NBC's Michele Tafoya. Watson was reportedly "bawling" when doctors informed him of the severity of his injury. The Raiders have turned back to Austin Howard to start at right tackle.
Aug 30 - 10:00 PM

@MenelikWatson: Ruptured Achilles' tendon... I Will be back stronger than ever that's a promise. Main thing is supporting the team right now. #RaiderNation

I'll throw this in here rather than start a separate thread.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 09:41 PM
I love me some DJ but I wish the Chiefs could borrow Doc Browns time machine.

There's no guarantee that Aaron Rodgers of the Chiefs and Herm Edwards would be the same as Aaron Rodgers behind Brett Favre for three years and Mike McCarthy coaching him.

MotherfuckerJones
08-30-2015, 09:42 PM
There's no guarantee that Aaron Rodgers of the Chiefs and Herm Edwards would be the same as Aaron Rodgers behind Brett Favre for three years and Mike McCarthy coaching him.

No but he's a great QB. I would like to think he has the greatness no matter the team.

thabear04
08-30-2015, 09:42 PM
2. Browns coach Mike Pettine said there is no update or timetable on running back Duke Johnson (concussion), The Plain Dealer reported. Pettine said the team might add another running back for the final preseason game if Johnson's update comes back negative.

3. Colts defensive tackle Art Jones suffered an ankle injury Saturday. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Jones' X-rays were negative, but he underwent MRI on Sunday to gauge the severity of the sprain, according to a source informed of his injury. Colts coach Chuck Pagano told reporters Sunday the team would know more about the injury Monday.

4. Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed Sunday that Tre Mason suffered a mild hamstring sprain in St. Louis' preseason game on Saturday. He announced that Mason will not play in the Rams' final preseason game and is "questionable" for the team's season opener against the Seahawks.

5. Saints safety Vinnie Sunseri was carted off the field in the second quarter with an undisclosed injury, according to The Times-Picayune.

6. Bears safety Ryan Mundy was placed on injured reserve because of a nagging hip injury, the team announced. In an expected move, Chicago placed wide receiver Kevin White on the PUP list. Bears general manager Ryan Pace said earlier this month that White would need to undergo surgery to repair

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 09:46 PM
No but he's a great QB. I would like to think he has the greatness no matter the team.

No other Jeff Tedford QB has succeeded in the NFL like Rodgers, which is why 24 teams passed on him.

Mike McCarthy has proven to be an excellent head coach and offensive coordinator. He was tasked with coaching up Rodgers behind Favre and while Rodgers had very good immeasurables, he was far from a sure thing.

He's a Future Hall of Famer now, but he was hardly that on draft day 2005.

milkman
08-30-2015, 09:49 PM
No other Jeff Tedford QB has succeeded in the NFL like Rodgers, which is why 24 teams passed on him.

Mike McCarthy has proven to be an excellent head coach and offensive coordinator. He was tasked with coaching up Rodgers behind Favre and while Rodgers had very good immeasurables, he was far from a sure thing.

He's a Future Hall of Famer now, but he was hardly that on draft day 2005.

I think Rodgers sitting and learning for 3 years was the key to his development.

Mike McCarthy never developed a QB in his life before Rodgers.

In KC, Rodgers would have sat behind Green for a couple of years.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 09:53 PM
I think Rodgers sitting and learning for 3 years was the key to his development.

Mike McCarthy never developed a QB in his life before Rodgers.

In KC, Rodgers would have sat behind Green for a couple of years.

Well, Mac never developed anyone because he wasn't given a chance.

Aaron Brooks had good numbers for him in New Orleans. He had Alex Smith for a year. He was the TE coach for the Chiefs, etc. and so on.

There's absolutely no doubt that Rodgers is uniquely talented. But Mac certainly helped him along, as did the Green Bay brass.

Now, let's see what he does after Rodgers retires, much like Belichick in New England, in order to really place judgement.

:thumb:

Buehler445
08-30-2015, 10:16 PM

Agreed on all counts.

But Green Bays guys are always savvy, especially on offense. That makes them dangerous. That's all I'm saying. A couple blown plays and it turns into a shootout, which Rodgers excels. We are better on paper but GB is one of those teams that runs upsets.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2015, 10:24 PM
We are better on paper but GB is one of those teams that runs upsets.

Not this year. Not with a full 10 days rest.

Barring catastrophic injury, of course.

MotherfuckerJones
08-30-2015, 10:27 PM

If this team starts 2-0. Look out. We could, with 10 days rest and GB banged up, knock them off. Especially if somehow Poe is back.

Buehler445
08-30-2015, 10:37 PM

Please God let there not be injuries. Let it be someone else's turn.

Earthling
08-30-2015, 11:20 PM
Please God let there not be injuries. Let it be someone else's turn.

Amen

NJChiefsFan
08-30-2015, 11:34 PM

I think Richard Rodgers has potential to be a real good tight end. It seems like GB thinks Cobb will be ok, so he could be good to go week 3 but who knows.

Rodgers is tough to beat in GB, and its gonna be tough to beat them, especially if Cobb does play.

They have talent beyond their top two, just a matter of whether Davante Adams is ready for the stage. He had a solid end of the season and a great playoff showing. The Chiefs will need their A game either way. Nelson is fantastic, and his loss will be felt. But don't sleep on Adams. He may be a year away from being able to embrace his full potential, but I think there is a lot there. The Chiefs have a chance even of Nelson does play, but the comments from a few others about us steamrolling them ect seems highly unlikely, no matter their WR makeup.

Earthling
08-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Thanks for these updates. :thumb:

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-31-2015, 09:22 AM

We're gonna kick Green Bays ass. Our Defense is solid and theirs sux. That makes it a 45-3 win for the Chiefs.

Fuck Green Bay !

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-31-2015, 09:22 AM
I believe Harris and Thomas are now officially off the injured list.

tomahawk kid
08-31-2015, 09:29 AM
Fisher's gotta suck it up and get some snaps this week - or he's not going to be worth a damn on Opening Day.

JJ Watt is gonna beast regardless, but it would be nice to have Fisher get some PT prior to.

VERY frustrated with what appears to be his complete lack of durability. Seems like he's always nicked / dinged or can't go because of X, Y or Z.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Chiefs | De'Anthony Thomas nursing injury

Mon, 31 Aug 2015 20:22:54 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs WR De'Anthony Thomas (calf) worked during the early portion of practice Monday, Aug. 31, but he left the field during full-team drills. He is nursing a calf injury.

Fantasy Tip: Thomas is simply trying to make the squad and find meaningful snaps. Unless injuries take a serious toll on the receivers he is best left to the waiver wire in most fantasy formats

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs#ixzz3kUVXBTpp

MotherfuckerJones
09-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Man DAT is always having nagging injuries.

DaFace
09-07-2015, 11:33 AM
FWIW, I updated the OP based on what I've heard recently. I'll probably let this thread die at this point in favor of the official team updates starting Wednesday.

O.city
09-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Did I see where Poe is going to practice this week, with a chance of playing in Houston?

DaFace
09-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Did I see where Poe is going to practice this week, with a chance of playing in Houston?

They're being a bit vague about it, but yes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reid said Dontari Poe will start practice and will be on limited works. Practiced yesterday and did well and has a chance to play vs. Hou</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/640933318976913408">September 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

DaFace
09-07-2015, 12:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mood:���� <a href="http://t.co/Y54UsmdpTr">pic.twitter.com/Y54UsmdpTr</a></p>&mdash; Charcandrick West (@Charcandrick26) <a href="https://twitter.com/Charcandrick26/status/640950177721749504">September 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

This has to be a sign that he's OK, right? After all, goats don't get concussions. Especially not those floating in water. :shrug:

DaFace
09-07-2015, 12:15 PM
OK, maybe this is a little more concrete.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another nugget from this morning from coach Reid is that <a href="https://twitter.com/Charcandrick26">@Charcandrick26</a> was back practicing with the team this week. Good to hear.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/640951340819181568">September 7, 2015</a></blockquote>