PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs fans start a gofundme to "Save Our TD Song"

wazu
09-02-2015, 06:03 AM
I'm glad to see some push back. Especially considering the terrible options that were provided as replacements.

http://www.gofundme.com/hg36ht6k

Dunerdr
09-02-2015, 06:09 AM
The options are terrible. However I'd like to see us more concerned with a championship and less concerned with this stupid shit and the noise record.

Bob Dole
09-02-2015, 06:11 AM
Bob Dole is more offended by the tomahawk chop than he is by the Gary Glitter song.

Stargazer
09-02-2015, 06:12 AM
The options are terrible. However I'd like to see us more concerned with a championship and less concerned with this stupid shit and the noise record.

Completely agree!

-King-
09-02-2015, 06:13 AM

How can people be more concerned about a championship? Fans participate in noise records and how they celebrate after TDs, so of course they're going to be "concerned" about those things rather than the things they have no control over ie. the team and who wins the SB.

wazu
09-02-2015, 06:13 AM

Yes, the fans really should take action on that.

wazu
09-02-2015, 06:14 AM
Bob Dole is more offended by the tomahawk chop than he is by the Gary Glitter song.

Hate all you want, BUT OH NO I WON'T STOP CHOPPIN!

ClevelandBronco
09-02-2015, 06:21 AM

Your level of concern won't really matter when it comes to whether Clark Hunt and his employees succeed in winning a championship. For what it matters, you've been asked to help set noise records while they play football. Dare to embrace your destiny.

09-02-2015, 06:31 AM
it won't work a second time sadly. I get why a minority are against this song but at least give the fans something that they can still do the beat the hell out of you chant to. Shit, just make up a rif that works with it for crying out loud. Its not the song so much as it is the chant.

-King-
09-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Whoa... didn't know the guy that made the song was a child rapist.

Um.... no... don't save it.

TimBone
09-02-2015, 06:58 AM
it won't work a second time sadly. I get why a minority are against this song but at least give the fans something that they can still do the beat the hell out of you chant to. Shit, just make up a rif that works with it for crying out loud. Its not the song so much as it is the chant.
This is where I'm at. Losing the chant is what hurts.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2015, 06:59 AM

LOL Both are very cringe-worthy.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2015, 07:05 AM

:spock: That's the guys on the field's job. We don't play for the Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Shitcan the Chop and the pedo song.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2015, 07:16 AM

Hell no.

BigRock
09-02-2015, 07:22 AM
$40 in 22 hours is actually more than I expected.

-King-
09-02-2015, 07:25 AM
:spock: That's the guys on the field's job. We don't play for the Chiefs.

If you were more concerned with a Championship, you would play for them.

Titty Meat
09-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Waste of money

TimBone
09-02-2015, 07:32 AM
I'll shitcan you, you old curmudgeon.

-King-
09-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Politically correct police = We don't want to celebrate touchdowns with the song of a guy who had sex with multiple kids.

LMAO Wtf man

Why Not?
09-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Not sure why the organization is interested in basically nixing the chant, it's a pretty unique thing for us. I agree that it is not so much about the song. That being said, what is the point of raising money against this? Is someone planning on flying a banner?

TEX
09-02-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm glad to see some push back. Especially considering the terrible options that were provided as replacements.

http://www.gofundme.com/hg36ht6k

Exactly. Don't fix what isn't broken...Works for all things.

wazu
09-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Not sure why the organization is interested in basically nixing the chant, it's a pretty unique thing for us. I agree that it is not so much about the song. That being said, what is the point of raising money against this? Is someone planning on flying a banner?

Yes, before the Broncos game.

KCUnited
09-02-2015, 07:41 AM
I can see the NFL as a whole wanting to move away from "beating the hell out of you" chants.

wazu
09-02-2015, 07:45 AM
I can see the NFL as a whole wanting to move away from "beating the hell out of you" chants.

Woah. I think you may have nailed it! I hadn't made the connection but it's the only thing that makes sense. Damn, if that's it then this is a whole new level of stupid.

mr. tegu
09-02-2015, 07:45 AM
I assume Gary Glitter gets royalties from the Chiefs. If they don't want to pay him any money, even in small amounts, I don't blame them.

wazu
09-02-2015, 07:48 AM
I assume Gary Glitter gets royalties from the Chiefs. If they don't want to pay him any money, even in small amounts, I don't blame them.

The GoFundMe guy assures us he has spoken to "many lawyers" and that the money all gets tied up in litigation and awarded to the victims.

DaFace
09-02-2015, 07:48 AM

Correct answer.

wazu
09-02-2015, 07:49 AM
For some reason I thought they already did away with Glitter's version a few years ago. Isn't the one now a remix that changed just enough to not require royalties payments?

DaFace
09-02-2015, 07:50 AM
The GoFundMe guy assures us he has spoken to "many lawyers" and that the money all gets tied up in litigation and awarded to the victims.

The internet disagrees.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/musicblog/2014/06/17/why-do-we-keep-making-child-molester-gary-glitter-rich
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/424731/Gary-Glitter-continues-rake-in-royalties-thanks-to-American-radio-airplay
http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/legal-and-management/6273999/why-convicted-child-sex-offender-gary-glitters-hey

Why Not?
09-02-2015, 07:51 AM
For some reason I thought they already did away with Glitter's version a few years ago. Isn't the one now a remix that changed just enough to not require royalties payments?

That's what I thought as well.

mr. tegu
09-02-2015, 07:51 AM

What money? The money that would normally be royalties doesn't actually get to Glitter?

Nzoner
09-02-2015, 07:52 AM
The Glitter song and chant will still be played/chanted proudly at my gameroom parties on any KC TD.

mr. tegu
09-02-2015, 07:53 AM
The Glitter song and chant will still be played/chanted proudly at my gameroom parties on any KC TD.

As long as you don't pay any royalties!

DaFace
09-02-2015, 07:53 AM

Tough to say. This article seems to imply that his royalties would be reduced under that circumstance since he wouldn't be the performer, but he'd still get royalties as the composer.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/kansas-city-chiefs-strike-chord-in-asking-fans-to-choose-new-td-celebration-song-082115

The Chiefs reportedly had been asked to change versions of the song by the NFL in 2006. The performer associated with the tune has been Gary Glitter, who has faced numerous charges for sexual offenses as far back as the late 1990s.

Now, with Glitter serving time in a maximum security prison in the UK for crimes against children, Donovan said the organization felt it was time to move on.

A major factor in the decision was the ongoing belief by the American Society of Composers, Artists and Publishers, that Glitter -- real name Paul Gadd -- still must be credited as the composer.

The vice president of business affairs for the American Society of Composers, Artists and Publishers told The Kansas City Star in 2006, "If it sounds like Gary Glitter's song, we would credit Gary Glitter. From our standpoint, it makes no difference who the performer is, it's who the composer and publisher is."

Why Not?
09-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Yes, before the Broncos game.

Guess reading the link you provided would have been good.

I don't know about this. If the flying a banner thing gets whored out every time the fans have some beef, it will lose potency and meaning.

Why Not?
09-02-2015, 07:59 AM
I just thought of a solution! Bail the song and chant. There is a song called "Seven Nation Army" and the fans can sing this "whoa oohohohohoo" part. It would be original and not at all annoying. Profit

Reerun_KC
09-02-2015, 08:02 AM

Exactly.

lcarus
09-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Whoa... didn't know the guy that made the song was a child rapist.

Um.... no... don't save it.

I mean, we already went through all of this years ago it seems.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2015, 08:21 AM

Is Jared Fogle invited as well... :D

Iowanian
09-02-2015, 08:22 AM
I completely understand why the Chiefs don't want to be associated with a song and pay a child rapist for using it.

Dane.....get on the job and make something good.

-King-
09-02-2015, 08:23 AM
I completely understand why the Chiefs don't want to be associated with a song and pay a child rapist for using it.

BUT TRADITION BRO!

Iowanian
09-02-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm all for keeping the tradition if we add one more.....a gladiator death match with axe wielding sex offenders every time the song plays.....3 pervs enter, 1 perv leaves.

That's your commercial break fan entertainment.

wazu
09-02-2015, 08:54 AM
The internet disagrees.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/musicblog/2014/06/17/why-do-we-keep-making-child-molester-gary-glitter-rich
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/424731/Gary-Glitter-continues-rake-in-royalties-thanks-to-American-radio-airplay
http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/legal-and-management/6273999/why-convicted-child-sex-offender-gary-glitters-hey

Sorry, but your well-sourced articles cannot refute the assertions of "many lawyers".

Seriously, I reluctantly accept that a change is coming and is probably the right thing to do, but have a feeling the Chiefs will screw it up based on the ridiculous poll they posted.

DaFace
09-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Sorry, but your well-sourced articles cannot refute the assertions of "many lawyers".

Seriously, I reluctantly accept that a change is coming and is probably the right thing to do, but have a feeling the Chiefs will screw it up based on the ridiculous poll they posted.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new songs either, and I doubt any of them will really lend themselves to any level of crowd participation.

Really, I just wish that Gary Glitter wasn't a goddamn pedo.

Radar Chief
09-02-2015, 09:57 AM

^This. WTF already?
Fine get rid of the Glitter song, I don't like being reminded of that pedo every time the Chiefs score anyway but if I have to listen to that suckass "Hey, Kansas City" song instead I'm going to strangle a kitten.

Discuss Thrower
09-02-2015, 10:11 AM
So I'm guessing people have no objections to watching Chinatown or The Pianist on your streaming video service of choice, right?

CaliforniaChief
09-02-2015, 10:21 AM
This is so insignificant.

RealSNR
09-02-2015, 10:21 AM
I just thought of a solution! Bail the song and chant. There is a song called "Seven Nation Army" and the fans can sing this "whoa oohohohohoo" part. It would be original and not at all annoying. Profit

THAT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING FUNNY! :#

Don't you fucking dare. It's bad enough that they play that shit anyway at Arrowhead. We don't need it for THE TD chant.

jimidollar
09-02-2015, 10:27 AM
This is fucking stupid. The last time I went to a Chiefs game they didn't even score a TD. That's the shit that needs to be fixed!

wazu
09-02-2015, 10:33 AM
This is fucking stupid. The last time I went to a Chiefs game they didn't even score a TD. That's the shit that needs to be fixed!

You should start a GoFundMe to score more TDs.

Bowser
09-02-2015, 10:39 AM
The fans seemed to have fun to "Let Me Clear my Throat" at the Titans game after a touchdown. But really, a lot of fans are so drunk by kickoff (not all, but some) that they couldn't care less what music was played. They could play "Horse With no Name" and get a rowdy response, most likely.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:46 AM
This.

Don't care about the Gary Glitter song. Would be great to still do the chant. Most importantly though, the song choices are ATROCIOUS!

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:48 AM
$40 in 22 hours is actually more than I expected.
Still not sure how raising money saves the song...

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Woah. I think you may have nailed it! I hadn't made the connection but it's the only thing that makes sense. Damn, if that's it then this is a whole new level of stupid.
Only thing that makes sense? CHILD FUCKER! Getting away from that makes loads of sense.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:52 AM
ROFL Can't wait for my check ROFL

KCUnited
09-02-2015, 10:55 AM
The guy has been a known kid dittler since the late 90s.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Tough to say. This article seems to imply that his royalties would be reduced under that circumstance since he wouldn't be the performer, but he'd still get royalties as the composer.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/kansas-city-chiefs-strike-chord-in-asking-fans-to-choose-new-td-celebration-song-082115
Dude would be a commissary baller. Living like a King.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Guess reading the link you provided would have been good.

I don't know about this. If the flying a banner thing gets whored out every time the fans have some beef, it will lose potency and meaning.
Dude just died b/c of the banner flying trend KC(mostly CP) started.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:59 AM
^This. WTF already?
Fine get rid of the Glitter song, I don't like being reminded of that pedo every time the Chiefs score anyway but if I have to listen to that suckass "Hey, Kansas City" song instead I'm going to strangle a kitten.
Two kittens. One with each hand.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
THAT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING FUNNY! :#

Don't you fucking dare. It's bad enough that they play that shit anyway at Arrowhead. We don't need it for THE TD chant.
What if it's only for TD's thrown to WR's?

Halfcan
09-02-2015, 11:09 AM
The TD song by Glitter has worn out its welcome long ago.

Chiefs are not going to bring it back. They don't want their fans chanting we are going to beat the shit out of you. Too much stadium violence.

They need to change it to this and be done with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjLFpU2pJ4

stumppy
09-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Two kittens. One with each hand.

While stomping on a puppy.

InChiefsHeaven
09-02-2015, 11:19 AM
I still maintain that the Kansas City song they are trotting out there makes the most sense and has at least a little crowd participation. Honestly, I hope they go with that if they HAVE to make a change.
Hopefully, whatever they choose, we'll score so many damn TD's that we'll be sick to death of it...which would be a good thing...

aturnis
09-02-2015, 11:20 AM
We'd still lose the chant, but without doing too much digging or thinking, I'd really prefer Powrrman 5000 - Bombshell over any of the songs chosen for the poll.

Predarat
09-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I got 5 on it. Wait a minute, maybe THAT should be the new TD song. Dayum!

bdj23
09-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Isn't Gary Glitter wanted for something to do with child molestation and to face execution in Vietnam? Let's set up a GoFundMe account to pay for his plane ticket to Hanoi

Fish
09-02-2015, 12:18 PM
They think flying a banner would bring change on a topic like this?

:facepalm:

Bugeater
09-02-2015, 12:20 PM

Is that really the plan? LMAO

Marcellus
09-02-2015, 12:21 PM

Is that any dumber than people in this thread implying that if fans and the Chiefs media relations group focused less on stuff like this and more on winning a SB it would make some type of impact on the field?

KCrockaholic
09-02-2015, 12:25 PM
So somehow giving away money = saving the TD song? What are they trying to do? Pay the Chiefs $2,500 to keep the song lol.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Is that any dumber than people in this thread implying that if fans and the Chiefs media relations group focused less on stuff like this and more on winning a SB it would make some type of impact on the field?
This.

"Can someone please explain to me why BJ Kissel is on the sideline with a microphone in his hand instead of in the locker room with a needle in Muaga's ass?! Does he even give a shit about winning?"

Mojo Jojo
09-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Correct answer.
WRONG!!! ASCAP/BMI get the money at some point Gary may see a few pennies after everybody else gets their cut.

wazu
09-02-2015, 12:50 PM
So somehow giving away money = saving the TD song? What are they trying to do? Pay the Chiefs $2,500 to keep the song lol.

The plan is to collect money to pay Gary Glitter twice as much for every TD if the Chiefs won't play the song. This way if the Chiefs refuse to do it they are actually causing Gary Glitter to make even more money.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 12:53 PM

No, Glitter doesn't receive royalties from the Chiefs.

The stadium has a blanket license deal with either ASCAP, BMI or SESAC, which is a set amount for the number of people at their venue per year. That fee is collected, then distributed to publishers and composers as the PRO (Performing Rights Society) sees fit.

Most likely, those fees are far less people would assume and it would be surprising if it even exceed $10 dollars per song.

loochy
09-02-2015, 12:59 PM

must...not...make...wisecrack...about...what...dane...was...called...on...here...some...time...ago.. .

Discuss Thrower
09-02-2015, 01:00 PM
I think it's 50/50 the NFL doesn't want to be on record paying money to anyone for the performance of a kiddy diddler's song as well as the idea that the fans chanting "we're gonna beat the hell out of you" incites violence.

I think the former reason has a lot more merit than the latter one.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 01:02 PM
^This. WTF already?

Is it really that bad? I'll have to look for it on Spotify because I haven't heard it.

I knew Deege pretty well back in the day but I haven't seen him in at least a decade. He's always been a good dude, so there is that.

Radar Chief
09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Is it really that bad? I'll have to look for it on Spotify because I haven't heard it.

I knew Deege pretty well back in the day but I haven't seen him in at least a decade. He's always been a good dude, so there is that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JZk4kHd9G5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Bring back the Stones!!!! Deeeeeerp!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2015, 01:08 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JZk4kHd9G5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is...just....wow :(

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 01:16 PM

Okay, wow. Thanks.

I don't understand why the Chiefs don't use the Joe Satriani song that's similar to Rock & Roll Part 2 and be done with it.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Bring back the Stones!!!! Deeeeeerp!!!

I thought they only used the Stones on kick offs?

Discuss Thrower
09-02-2015, 01:18 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QMxf7oMnWq4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CapsLockKey
09-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Don't care about getting rid of the song, but pick some better replacement options. All three are terrible.

tk13
09-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Eh, not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Probably not any worse than that "Go Cubs Go" song the Cubs play and Cubs fans totally eat that up. I imagine the Chiefs were thinking something similar, although that song is probably not quite as anthemic.

Bowser
09-02-2015, 01:24 PM

Made it :14. What do I win?

Bowser
09-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Eh, not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Probably not any worse than that "Go Cubs Go" song the Cubs play and Cubs fans totally eat that up. I imagine the Chiefs were thinking something similar, although that song is probably not quite as anthemic.

That song blows. Shame on you. I'd rather the Chiefs play Go Cubs Go instead of that other ear raping noise.

tk13
09-02-2015, 01:32 PM
That song blows. Shame on you. I'd rather the Chiefs play Go Cubs Go instead of that other ear raping noise.

Yeah I wouldn't vote for it either, but I bet that's what they're thinking, get people chanting that chorus. I like that they didn't just go to Seven Nation Army like everyone else has.

Maybe you should start up a Gofundme for a banner for Go Cubs Go. That'll really confuse people. LMAO

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A9XtDyDUjIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radar Chief
09-02-2015, 01:41 PM

A lesson in not doing that again. ;)

Chromatic
09-02-2015, 03:18 PM
I pretty much hated all the TD songs and kickoff songs they had in the 90's so hating whatever they have today and looking past it won't be too challenging.

Ming the Merciless
09-02-2015, 03:49 PM
I love the song we have now...but the guy is a convicted rapist and so begrudgingly, I think its time to change songs since he is now actually CONVICTED and not just accused.

We have to find a good song though.....one where we can yell something alot

Al Bundy
09-02-2015, 04:24 PM
People are fighting to pay a convicted child molester so they can say "We're gonna beat the hell out of you"? If you want that song, you are a pathetic scumbag.

Bob Dole
09-02-2015, 04:24 PM
$40.

wow

RINGLEADER
09-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Found it strange they booted Glitter but had no problem playing a Disturbed song about child abuse and murder.

If the comment is a Q then oh well...

notorious
09-02-2015, 04:46 PM
This team and franchise needs a fresh look and sound from top to bottom.

It is stuck in the past when it's past really isn't worth a shit.

Bugeater
09-02-2015, 04:47 PM
I made it to :56 so....second place is what you win.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2015, 05:00 PM
The Chop goes nowhere.

Deal with it.

They play nothing but lame-assed music most of the time anyway, so what's one more?

PLEASE PLAY "START ME UP" AGAIN! OH GOD PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2015, 05:01 PM
This team and franchise needs a fresh look and sound from top to bottom.

It is stuck in the past when it's past really isn't worth a shit.

This. It's time for some Lords of Acid up in this bitch.

Iowanian
09-02-2015, 05:10 PM
In order to more adequately reflect the temperament of today's society, I think we should take a bold, new approach.

Instead of cheering and celebrating a Chiefs touchdown, the crowd should observe one minute of silence, while the baritone of the PA announcer says
"The kanas city Chiefs offer our sincere apology for scoring points and contributing to negative feelings for our visiting guests and their fans. You are beautiful people of equal stature, outside of the score as currently seen on our digital display board. Kindly prepare thy selves to return another kickoff. Losers"

DaveNull
09-02-2015, 05:16 PM
In order to more adequately reflect the temperament of today's society, I think we should take a bold, new approach.

Instead of cheering and celebrating a Chiefs touchdown, the crowd should observe one minute of silence, while the baritone of the PA announcer says
"The kanas city Chiefs offer our sincere apology for scoring points and contributing to negative feelings for our visiting guests and their fans. You are beautiful people of equal stature, outside of the score as currently seen on our digital display board. Kindly prepare thy selves to return another kickoff. Losers"

Interesting fact, that's actually what happens after every score in the Canadian Football League.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I nominate Nazareth's "Hair of the Dog" chorus. Seems it would be appropriate.

Kiimo
09-02-2015, 06:04 PM

http://www.laweekly.com/music/why-do-we-keep-making-child-molester-gary-glitter-rich-4664359

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 06:17 PM
One more thing: I don't know of people are aware but not only has this song been used for sporting events in the past 43 years, the Denver Broncos were the first team in the 70's to use it after TD's.

It's hardly unique at Chiefs games.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 06:25 PM
http://www.laweekly.com/music/why-do-we-keep-making-child-molester-gary-glitter-rich-4664359

Here's the problem: It's been used at so many U.S. sporting events the past 40 years that it's ingrained in the culture. Films and TV shows use it because it authenticates the feel of their productions.

When I was at MCA Music Publishing (now Universal), Rock & Roll Part 2 was one of our top earning titles because of its massive usage. So in order to decrease its usage, Music Supervisors will need to refuse to place the track, directors and producers would need to refrain from asking for its usage and Uni would need to stop licensing it.

None of those scenarios are in any way, realistic.

Gonzo
09-02-2015, 06:32 PM
IMHO, (and man am I gonna get roasted on this one) the chant is almost as annoying as the "in-com-plete" that Denver fans do.
I've never been a fan of shit like that. Just cheer and be done with it. Christ.
No wonder we're associated with Mullets, Bud Heavy and Camaros.

The "Incomplete" bull shit wears on my nerves far more, though. ESPECIALLY when we had Mark Castle. Christ, we'd hear that shit 30-40 times a game.

notorious
09-02-2015, 06:34 PM
IMHO, (and man am I gonna get roasted on this one) the chant is almost as annoying as the "in-com-plete" that Denver fans do.
I've never been a fan of shit like that. Just cheer and be done with it. Christ.

The "Incomplete" bull shit wears on my nerves far more, though. ESPECIALLY when we had Mark Castle. Christ, we'd hear that shit 30-40 times a game.

Yep.

KC needs to come of something fresh and new, from chants and music to uniforms.

Gonzo
09-02-2015, 06:36 PM
One more thing: I don't know of people are aware but not only has this song been used for sporting events in the past 43 years, the Denver Broncos were the first team in the 70's to use it after TD's.

I thought I read that somewhere. It's like the fucking Husker's and their Tunnel Walk song. FOR FUCK SAKE, MORONS. HALF OF CFB TEAMS PLAY THAT GODDAMNED THING AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. Fuck me if 80% of their "fans" think it's called the "Husker Walkin' Tune' round these parts.

Gonzo
09-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Yep.

KC needs to come of something fresh and new, from chants and music to uniforms.

Meh, I wouldn't mind seeing a new uniform every now and then but you shouldn't fuck with what's been voted time and again one of the top five uniforms of all time. It's pretty much perfect.

Discuss Thrower
09-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Meh, I wouldn't mind seeing a new uniform every now and then but you shouldn't fuck with what's been voted time and again one of the top five uniforms of all time. It's pretty much perfect.

I'd reduce the gold on the uniforms to accent piping around the numbers and other places.

cdcox
09-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Can we get rid of the fat mouse that hangs out in the endzone as part of the deal?

Deberg_1990
09-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Can they bring back TD Pack band?

Gonzo
09-02-2015, 07:47 PM

They'd need to hold a seance.

cdcox
09-02-2015, 07:51 PM
They'd need to hold a seance.

They would need to hold 20 of them.

BigCatDaddy
09-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Just agree to play it only when a WR catches a TD pass.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 08:36 PM
My dad was in the band when they won the Super Bowl

hometeam
09-02-2015, 08:44 PM
OMG i never really listened past the first 10 seconds of that hey kansas city song.

my god what complete and utter garbage.. who OKed this shit?

Deberg_1990
09-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Luv me sum Rock n Roll Part 2,

But the NFL doesnt want that kiddie porn song to be played again...

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 08:46 PM
OMG i never really listened past the first 10 seconds of that hey kansas city song.

Why so you think I moved to LA 20 years ago?

:p

stevieray
09-02-2015, 08:54 PM
It's done. Arrowhead atmosphere has changed.

...just the way it is.

Halfcan
09-02-2015, 09:24 PM

ROFL

Yep that will fire the crowd up. Very vanilla and politically correct. :rolleyes:

wazu
09-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Just read the article on Gary Glitter. He is going to be almost 90 by the time he gets out or prison. Does it really matter if he is a tiny tad bit richer when he does?

Discuss Thrower
09-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Just read the article on Gary Glitter. He is going to be almost 90 by the time he gets out or prison. Does it really matter if he is a tiny tad bit richer when he does?

That's just the public reason. What's not being spoken is the NFL doesn't like the idea of a crowd chanting about beating the hell out of anyone.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 10:04 PM
That's just the public reason. What's not being spoken is the NFL doesn't like the idea of a crowd chanting about beating the hell out of anyone.

Source, please.

Roger Goodell has sanctioned the beating of women repeatedly during his tenure.

ClevelandBronco
09-02-2015, 10:06 PM

Imagine if you'd had Tim Tebow.

Discuss Thrower
09-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Source, please.

Roger Goodell has sanctioned the beating of women repeatedly during his tenure.

The fallout from the Ray Rice video and AP whoopin' his son's nuts changed all that. Not to mention the fan on fan violence that's been publicized lately, thought it's been more of a Dodgers-Giants thing.

tl;dr: read between the lines.

Discuss Thrower
09-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Now, I wonder if there's been any R Kelly played in a stadium recently 'cause that right there would be some hypocrisy.

Have to believe "Remix to Ignition" has been a cheerleader routine at least once since he got caught doing some watersports with a teen.

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 10:12 PM
The fallout from the Ray Rice video and AP whoopin' his son's nuts changed all that. Not to mention the fan on fan violence that's been publicized lately, thought it's been more of a Dodgers-Giants thing.

tl;dr: read between the lines.

Fuck you. You're just speculating and have no source and continually move the goalposts.

You're almost as bad as that DuhVirus.

You're both morons. Kudos.

Gravedigger
09-02-2015, 10:14 PM
ROFL

Yep that will fire the crowd up. Very vanilla and politically correct. :rolleyes:

Sounds like something from the 80's or in a Major League movie as they do the winning montage.

Gravedigger
09-02-2015, 10:19 PM

What do they expect us to yell? You've come to the right place for a rousing game of football!!!? Doesn't have the same ring to it. Any Chiefs fan knows sitting in the stands that there are much worse things said by the local overemotional fan, hell I think kids say worse things than "We're gonna beat the hell outta you!" just from pops alone.

Also Song 2.... Woohoo?... lame as shit.

RINGLEADER
09-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Let's spend all of Clark's money and pick a different song for each player score.

I'll start:

Maclin score = Mac the Knife

pr_capone
09-02-2015, 10:32 PM
$2500 to fly a single banner? Are they also hiring a ****ing aero acrobat to do wing walks as the banner flies?

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Let's spend all of Clark's money and pick a different song for each player score.

I'll start:

Maclin score = Mac the Knife

Too Mafia for KC

:D

BigChiefFan
09-02-2015, 10:36 PM
They should have a contest to pick the best song and chant that goes with it.

CoMoChief
09-02-2015, 10:40 PM

This has nothing to do w/ football side of operations I think you know that. Time spent on this is not going to hinder the progress of this football team. Reid/Dorsey and Co have nothing to do w/ this. The fans really have nothing to do w/ the outcome of the game besides cheering and making noise in the stands. Sorry if you think otherwise. We all should be concerned about this. Fans have been doing the "Beat the hell out of you" chant for years. If you ask someone who's 35 or younger, they probably never heard of Gary Glitter to begin with, and even some who are older probably didn't know Gary Glitter performed that song. I guess I'm making that assumption because I'm one of those people. Until the news came out about the league/Chiefs banning that song because Glitter was dickin' up some little boy's doodie dungeon, I didn't know who Gary Glitter was. I obviously heard of the song before, but I didn't know who performed it, just thought it was one of those one hit wonders that everyone has heard but no one can point out the artist.

The selections are a travesty. I mean just brutal. It's like they either didn't try, maybe they let some 12 yr old choose, or maybe they came out on ping pong balls like the lotto. I just can't see a scenario where someone or a group of people that work for the Chiefs marketing/fan experience dept, actually sat down and took a good hard look at what the new song should be, not based off those selections.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:57 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QMxf7oMnWq4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
So bad...

aturnis
09-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Found it strange they booted Glitter but had no problem playing a Disturbed song about child abuse and murder.

If the comment is a Q then oh well...
:spock:

aturnis
09-02-2015, 11:03 PM

No kidding. All of Hockey is looking for a replacement as well.

http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/01/31/offspring-release-next-great-hockey-arena-anthem/

Some of the best choices(apparently) at the link. Including the HORRIBLE Offspring song and the Joe Satriani song you mentioned earlier.

aturnis
09-02-2015, 11:07 PM

HAD to have been Clark.

big nasty kcnut
09-03-2015, 12:39 AM
I just can't with the hey Kansas city song. Can we just use a version made that sound the say but without using gary glitter song?

big nasty kcnut
09-03-2015, 12:41 AM
It took me two second to make a sound alike so why cant the chiefs do it?

09-03-2015, 12:55 AM
All they really need is a queue on the scoreboard until the crowd adjusts. Think Hells Bells with no other sound followed by we're gonna beat the hell outta you.

Fish
09-03-2015, 06:49 AM
It took me two second to make a sound alike so why cant the chiefs do it?

The TD song needs to be longer than 2 seconds, bud..

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2015, 07:22 AM
My dad was in the band when they won the Super Bowl

That's awesome. What instrument did he play?

Reerun_KC
09-03-2015, 07:30 AM
This is the lamest thing I think I have ever seen Chief fan do.... But not surprised... No way will this ever reach the amount needed to get a banner flown asking for that lame ass song to be saved.

But never under estimate the Chief fan...

MTG#10
09-03-2015, 07:41 AM
I hope X-Factor isnt in charge of the money...

ChiefsHawk
09-03-2015, 07:46 AM
What's Gary Glitters favorite music note?

A minor

Radar Chief
09-03-2015, 08:08 AM
ROFL

Yea, that's what I thought. It has "an executives safe choice" written all over it.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Denver plays Lil Richard after their touchdowns ROFL

Halfcan
09-03-2015, 09:04 AM
So bad...

Better than any of the other selections for sure. This song is better live. I just saw Offspring from the front row in Iowa. Pouring rain and wild crowd. It was Amazing!! Out of all the times I have seen them-this was their best show!

gblowfish
09-03-2015, 09:53 AM
My answer to replacing these "Arrowhead Traditions."

1) Make all stadium employees wear red shirts with red, white and gold armbands with an arrowhead logo. Red Coaters: Change the name to "Get Stoppo's", they root for defense, and get to wear all black leather suits with black jack boots and caps that have skull and crossbones pin on the front. Very menacing...

2) Instead of the chop, the entire stadium stands, extends their right arm at a 45 degree angle at the field and in unison yells "BIG SMILE" three times. This is to show how friendly us mid-western folks are.

3) Gary Glitter's Rock n Roll Part II is replaced by Ike Turner doing "Boom Boom Out Go the Lights."

pr_capone
09-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Day 2 and still at 40. At this rate they would be able to afford some poster board and kite string to get their message up in the air.

bowener
09-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Dumbest shit ever. Chiefs have to pay a child rapist (multiple children over many years) to play his stupid fucking song. Make up a new one you unoriginal fucking idiots.

Oxford
09-03-2015, 01:46 PM

Given the propensity for domestic violence charges against NFL players, I understand. NFL="No Fun league"

hometeam
09-03-2015, 01:58 PM
This has nothing to do w/ football side of operations I think you know that. Time spent on this is not going to hinder the progress of this football team. Reid/Dorsey and Co have nothing to do w/ this. The fans really have nothing to do w/ the outcome of the game besides cheering and making noise in the stands. Sorry if you think otherwise. We all should be concerned about this. Fans have been doing the "Beat the hell out of you" chant for years. If you ask someone who's 35 or younger, they probably never heard of Gary Glitter to begin with, and even some who are older probably didn't know Gary Glitter performed that song. I guess I'm making that assumption because I'm one of those people. Until the news came out about the league/Chiefs banning that song because Glitter was dickin' up some little boy's doodie dungeon, I didn't know who Gary Glitter was. I obviously heard of the song before, but I didn't know who performed it, just thought it was one of those one hit wonders that everyone has heard but no one can point out the artist.

The selections are a travesty. I mean just brutal. It's like they either didn't try, maybe they let some 12 yr old choose, or maybe they came out on ping pong balls like the lotto. I just can't see a scenario where someone or a group of people that work for the Chiefs marketing/fan experience dept, actually sat down and took a good hard look at what the new song should be, not based off those selections.

You must not have been there for this~

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RIVERS-WORST-DAY-EVER.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Dumbest shit ever. Chiefs have to pay a child rapist (multiple children over many years) to play his stupid fucking song.
This is not even remotely true

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Dumbest shit ever. Chiefs have to pay a child rapist (multiple children over many years) to play his stupid fucking song. Make up a new one you unoriginal fucking idiots.I hope they stop playing that child fucker's song, but I doubt he was paid.

BigCatDaddy
09-03-2015, 05:12 PM
They probably have to pay BMI or one of those shit hole companies that collect money from commercial places that play music or use TVs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2015, 05:34 PM
I'm told all royalties go to climate change research.

Dave Lane
09-03-2015, 05:51 PM
This is not even remotely true

Which part(s)?

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2015, 11:43 PM
They probably have to pay BMI or one of those shit hole companies that collect money from commercial places that play music or use TVs.

Thanks for confirming that you're not only a dipshit when it comes to football but life as well.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Which part(s)?

All of it. I addressed it earlier in the thread.

eDave
09-04-2015, 12:28 AM
You should start a GoFundMe to score more TDs.

Bet he does better than 40 bucks.

BigCatDaddy
09-04-2015, 02:01 AM
Thanks for confirming that you're not only a dipshit when it comes to football but life as well.

LMAO I know BMI is like a telemarketing company on steroids. Calling a dozen times a day and sending daily letters until you pay them to quit annoying the piss out of you.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2015, 09:19 AM
LMAO I know BMI is like a telemarketing company on steroids. Calling a dozen times a day and sending daily letters until you pay them to quit annoying the piss out of you.

The use of music, whether it's a restaraunt, gym, bar, et al, that enhances the environment, comes with a cost.

Music isn't free.

MTG#10
09-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Music isn't free.

It is for me.

BigCatDaddy
09-04-2015, 10:31 AM

The use of music, whether it's a restaraunt, gym, bar, et al, that enhances the environment, comes with a cost.

Music isn't free.

Serius flips the bill to BMI so thats not a big deal. but they still harrass me and other businesses over TVs which is silly. They are relentless about it though. Ive read they even try to send people to businesses to intimmidate them into paying the fees. That would have been hilarious if they came to my gym LMAO