PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thursday, Rams, Preseason game #4: What aspects will you be focusing on?

Trivers
09-02-2015, 09:53 AM
This is the JV game. I don't know what varsity players will be starting.

What will you be watching and analyzing?

Kush's last game? Cooper?

If you are on the bubble, and don't get your jersey dirty, better find your playbook tablet to hand in.

ModSocks
09-02-2015, 09:54 AM
The battle between Hammond and Williams.

rabblerouser
09-02-2015, 09:59 AM
This is the JV game. I don't what know varsity players will be starting.

Kush's late game? Cooper?

If you are on the bubble, and don't get your jersey dirty, better find your playbook tablet to hand in.

I'm really just hoping no one gets hurt.

There should be no 'battle' between Williams or Hammond- both not only have more upside than Avant, but have seemingly already equaled (or bettered) him in terms of production this preseason.

The only WR question to me is if Avant does enough to keep from being cut on Friday.

That being said, the biggest concern for me is that the Chiefs come out of the dome with no significant injuries.

staylor26
09-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Aaron Murray

ModSocks
09-02-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm really just hoping no one gets hurt.

There should be no 'battle' between Williams or Hammond- both not only have more upside than Avant, but have seemingly already equaled (or bettered) him in terms of production this preseason.

The only WR question to me is if Avant does enough to keep from being cut on Friday.

That being said, the biggest concern for me is that the Chiefs come out of the dome with no significant injuries.

While I agree, the realist in me believes Avant makes this team. Which means one of those guys is likely out.

Hoover
09-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Really want to see if Damon Huard has anything left ion the tank.

ChiefsCountry
09-02-2015, 10:07 AM
See how good of seats I can get at the Dome by moving down.

Titty Meat
09-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Murray and will Cooper make the team

alpha_omega
09-02-2015, 10:09 AM
The battle between Hammond and Williams.

This. And Murray.

rabblerouser
09-02-2015, 10:14 AM
While I agree, the realist in me believes Avant makes this team. Which means one of those guys is likely out.

:mad:

NIUhuskies
09-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Da'Ron Brown

Frosty
09-02-2015, 10:31 AM

Sean Mannion

Frosty
09-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Da'Ron Brown

If Brown (and Irving) don't play much, if at all, you know they are heading for the practice squad.

NIUhuskies
09-02-2015, 10:34 AM
If Brown (and Irving) don't play much, if at all, you know they are heading for the practice squad.

yup...really wanted to see both play too, but at the same time I want KC to hang onto them so however they have to do it is fine

MotherfuckerJones
09-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Watching depth players, TEs, and Aaron Murray.

Halfcan
09-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I just want a win with zero injuries.

chiefs1111
09-02-2015, 11:14 AM
A Chase Daniel flea flicker

temper11
09-02-2015, 11:16 AM
O line since some of the 2's playing will actually be 1's for a period of time.

TE depth.

Frosty
09-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Since I have to watch this through the replay on NFLN, the worst thing about this game will be the Rams' homer announcers. Those guys are so terrible.

Rams Fan
09-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Since I have to watch this through the replay on NFLN, the worst thing about this game will be the Rams' homer announcers. Those guys are so terrible.

You mean, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt have a bias for the Rams while Siciliano doesn't?

No way!

ModSocks
09-02-2015, 12:05 PM

Pffff....you shoulda heard the Titans homer announcers. Worst i've ever heard.

EVERYTHING was laden with excuses and they tried to turn every negative moment into a positive. I felt icky afterwards.

Marriota gets sacked by Houston: "That was a good play for the kid, he showed a lot of toughness. That's what i like to see."

Rain Man
09-02-2015, 12:20 PM
This seems to be the game to watch the players on the bubble and that's probably the most interesting part. But I suspect the greater value is to watch the locked-in backup players who have a better chance of getting a lot of playing time this season. The bubble players don't typically end up playing much.

MotherfuckerJones
09-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Can't be as bad as Jesse Ventura calling the Cardinals games

Frosty
09-02-2015, 12:34 PM
You mean, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt have a bias for the Rams while Siciliano doesn't?

No way!

All homer teams have a bias for the home team, since that's their jobs. The Rams' announcers are just bad announcers who also completely overhype their marginal players while completely ignoring the other team.

I don't think Holt was announcing last time I heard them (season before last). It was Faulk and two meatheads, so maybe it's improved.

Pffff....you shoulda heard the Titans homer announcers. Worst i've ever heard.

I watched the week one game between the Titans and Falcons and those guys are really bad too.

RealSNR
09-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Can't be as bad as Jesse Ventura calling the Cardinals games
I think I hate that guy more than I hate Scott Pioli.

RealSNR
09-02-2015, 12:38 PM
This seems to be the game to watch the players on the bubble and that's probably the most interesting part. But I suspect the greater value is to watch the locked-in backup players who have a better chance of getting a lot of playing time this season. The bubble players don't typically end up playing much.

Pretty much.

I hope we keep our OL starters out there for at least a couple drives, or the first quarter (whichever comes first). And Alex.

I better not see Jamaal even fucking dress for the game. He needs zero work. I'll be fucking pissed if Andy throws him out there.

staylor26
09-02-2015, 12:41 PM
I think I hate that guy more than I hate Scott Pioli.

ROFL I kept seeing you guys bitch about him in the game thread, and the second I started the replay and heard him I couldn't stop laughing.

ThaVirus
09-02-2015, 12:48 PM
I hope we keep our OL starters out there for at least a couple drives, or the first quarter (whichever comes first). And Alex.

I thought this game would basically be all back-ups/fringe roster guys?

Are guys like Alex, Maclin, Kelce, etc. expected to play?

RealSNR
09-02-2015, 12:55 PM
I thought this game would basically be all back-ups/fringe roster guys?

Are guys like Alex, Maclin, Kelce, etc. expected to play?

I guess not according to Arrowhead Pride.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/2/9244091/chiefs-vs-rams-preseason-kc-starters-unlikely-to-play

Any guesses what the starting lineup will be for the Thursday game, then? If Fisher and Allen are still both out, does that mean we go down to Pughsley at LT, or is it still going to be Stephenson?

If it is Stephenson, I don't imagine we're going to want to make him our starting RT Week 1 if Fisher is healthy. I don't trust him to make the switch back to his weaker position that quickly.

I hope he does get some reps at RT.

Frosty
09-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Pretty much.

I better not see Jamaal even ****ing dress for the game. He needs zero work. I'll be ****ing pissed if Andy throws him out there.

So, I take it you don't think we should play starters in the 4th quarter of this game like Haley did?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Laughing at "Dumbo" broadcasting for the Rams and ramsfans Homerific posts.

ThaVirus
09-02-2015, 01:07 PM
I guess not according to Arrowhead Pride.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/2/9244091/chiefs-vs-rams-preseason-kc-starters-unlikely-to-play

Any guesses what the starting lineup will be for the Thursday game, then? If Fisher and Allen are still both out, does that mean we go down to Pughsley at LT, or is it still going to be Stephenson?

If it is Stephenson, I don't imagine we're going to want to make him our starting RT Week 1 if Fisher is healthy. I don't trust him to make the switch back to his weaker position that quickly.

I hope he does get some reps at RT.

I haven't got the slightest clue.

I'm guessing Alex Smith, Maclin, Charles, Houston, Hali, Kelce and DJ have about as much chance of seeing the field as Discuss Thrower does of getting laid this calendar year. Grubbs and Sean Smith I'd imagine won't play either, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're out there at some point.

Pretty much everyone else is fair game. The offensive line is unsettled so Stephenson will likely see some time. Morse needs reps so I'd bet he'll be out there. Peters and Nelson need reps. Conley needs reps.

ThaVirus
09-02-2015, 01:08 PM
What's the word on DAT? Is he going to play?

staylor26
09-02-2015, 01:09 PM
What's the word on DAT? Is he going to play?

I don't know if he's going to play this week, but he's back at practice and should be good to go week 1.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2015, 01:10 PM

No way!

They are all pathetically awful

RealSNR
09-02-2015, 01:14 PM
I haven't got the slightest clue.

I'm guessing Alex Smith, Maclin, Charles, Houston, Hali, Kelce and DJ have about as much chance of seeing the field as Discuss Thrower does of getting laid this calendar year. Grubbs and Sean Smith I'd imagine won't play either, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're out there at some point.

Pretty much everyone else is fair game. The offensive line is unsettled so Stephenson will likely see some time. Morse needs reps so I'd bet he'll be out there. Peters and Nelson need reps. Conley needs reps.

Discuss Thrower would have better luck with women if he avoided Soylent. Cannibalism is a huge turn off for women

TLO
09-02-2015, 01:16 PM
I'll be focusing on not watching the game because the 4th preseason game sucks.

milkman
09-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Why does the NFL require that teams be cut to 75 players before the final preseason game?

This is the last chance for any fringe player to make an in game impression.

Anyhoo....I'll be watching the O-Line, as usual.

O.city
09-02-2015, 01:22 PM
They should increase the # from 53. Player safety and all

Frosty
09-02-2015, 01:25 PM
They should increase the # from 53. Player safety and all

Yep. Expand the roster to 63, eliminate the practice squad and allow all players to be available on gameday so your younger players can get experience in case of a blowout. One of my biggest pet peeves re the NFL