PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mods - server for sundays game.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Is it possible to lock the server to only the members who have donated to help support CP and lock everyone else out during the game?

Seems to me this would ensure the server would have enough resources to handle our celebration or meltdown.

Can it be done?

Bearcat
09-07-2015, 08:27 PM
I guess DaFace can copy/paste the update for a 3rd time.

DaFace
09-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Sure, why not?

From Facebook:

We are on the home stretch now. Should have new server up by friday at the latest

I'd expect this week to pretty much suck nonstop, but hopefully the pain is near an end.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:04 PM
I guess DaFace can copy/paste the update for a 3rd time.

And I didn't see anything in said update that answered my question. If you did and I missed it can u link it here?

eDave
09-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Is this a paid site now?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2015, 10:08 PM
And I didn't see anything in said update that answered my question. If you did and I missed it can u link it here?

With the server upgrade being completed by Friday, everyone and their dog can log in and we'll be able to handle the traffic.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:10 PM
With the server upgrade being completed by Friday, everyone and their dog can log in and we'll be able to handle the traffic.

So your saying that the server can't be locked down to members that have donated only?

DaFace
09-07-2015, 10:13 PM
So your saying that the server can't be locked down to members that have donated only?

It probably could be, but shouldn't be necessary.

MMXcalibur
09-07-2015, 10:14 PM
I'm posting from my cardboard box housed behind a Subway.
Where the hell am I going to get enough money to donate?

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm posting from my cardboard box housed behind a Subway.
Where the hell am I going to get enough money to donate?

Ask Jarred? He might let you use his laptop.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2015, 10:18 PM

I don't know. I wouldn't support that though, because it would set a bad precident and go against the spirit of chiefsplanet.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:19 PM
It probably could be, but shouldn't be necessary.

I've been in IT for 20 years and have seen almost everything... Plan for the worst and expect disaster. Especially in data migrations... I won't hold my breath. :LOL:

DaFace
09-07-2015, 10:22 PM
I've been in IT for 20 years and have seen almost everything... Plan for the worst and expect disaster. Especially in data migrations... I won't hold my breath. :LOL:

I don't disagree. HOPEFULLY that won't be a question, though.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:26 PM
I don't disagree. HOPEFULLY that won't be a question, though.

LOL. At least you guys have a timeline and deadline. Best of luck.

DaFace
09-07-2015, 10:27 PM
LOL. At least you guys have a timeline and deadline. Best of luck.

Eh, as always, I'm just a messenger since, frankly, Kyle sucks at keeping us updated about what's going on. The work on this is all on Kyle.

jspchief
09-07-2015, 10:29 PM
He's saying it won't be necessary, you stupid fuck.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:31 PM
He's saying it won't be necessary, you stupid ****.

:banghead:

Jfc the level of reading comprehension is mind numbing here.

Thankfully Daface can read and understand words.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Eh, as always, I'm just a messenger since, frankly, Kyle sucks at keeping us updated about what's going on. The work on this is all on Kyle.

Is he rolling solo on this migration or he have some dev support? I would think solo would be pretty daunting. CP has been around for a long time... The amount of tables in the DB has to be staggering, not including any APIs that he has tied in here. Migrating this forum would have to be a bitch.

wazu
09-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Is he rolling solo on this migration or he have some dev support? I would think solo would be pretty daunting. CP has been around for a long time... The amount of tables in the DB has to be staggering, not including any APIs that he has tied in here. Migrating this forum would have to be a bitch.

We're doomed.

DaFace
09-07-2015, 10:42 PM

As far as I know, he's on his own.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2015, 10:45 PM

Did I not fucking answer your question clearly?

jspchief
09-07-2015, 10:53 PM

Your question was answered twice and you asked a third time... and you talk about reading comprehension?

Ceej
09-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Because this place is the first place I'd love to be during a Chiefs game.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Did I not ****ing answer your question clearly?

Dammit. Why can't you just leave me alone? LMAO. Your jealously is starting to scare me. I've told you more than once how I feel about Daface. You're just gonna have to accept it and movve on.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Your question was answered twice and you asked a third time... and you talk about reading comprehension?

Yeah okay....

eDave
09-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Because this place is the first place I'd love to be during a Chiefs game.

Reerun_KC hates poor people. Poor people are not good enough to post on CP.

Like it's a gosh darned exclusive club. Blacks are next to be forbidden.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Reerun_KC hates poor people. Poor people are not good enough to post on CP.

Likes it's a gosh darned exclusive club. Blacks are next to be forbidden.

:LOL:

That's was well played.

LMAO

eDave
09-07-2015, 11:09 PM
:LOL:

That's was well played.

LMAO

LMAO

Good. I'm always afraid people take me seriously around here. DC just now figured out I'm a woman.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 11:10 PM
LMAO

Good. I'm always afraid people take me seriously around here. DC just now figured out I'm a woman.rochambeau. So now you ar saying I hate poor women of lesser equality?

eDave
09-07-2015, 11:17 PM
rochambeau. So now you ar saying I hate poor women of lesser equality?

All I know is that you don't like The Virus. The Virus is black (as I understand it).

Pretty easy to draw the conclusion that you posted this with the long game being that he cannot post anymore. We ALL see it dude.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Can we just get Eric Fisher to hold it? That will make it run smoothly. He can hold it from the left side or the right side....maybe Donald Stephenson could help out...but he can only hold the left side.

eDave
09-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Can we just get Eric Fisher to hold it? That will make it run smoothly. He can hold it from the left side or the right side....maybe Donald Stephenson could help out...but he can only hold the left side.

Dude! You finally smoked some pot! Way to go!

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 11:24 PM
All I know is that you don't like The Virus. The Virus is black (as I understand it).

Pretty easy to draw the conclusion that you posted this with the long game being that he cannot post anymore. We ALL see it dude.

ROFL. Drugs are bad,... MMKay.

Bob Dole
09-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Solution: Bob Dole will just go ahead and ban anyone who is all concerned about the server on game day, which will save you all the trauma of a crashed message board. (Oh, the humanity!)

Who is concerned? Speak up!

eDave
09-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Solution: Bob Dole will just go ahead and ban anyone who is all concerned about the server on game day, which will save you all the trauma of a crashed message board. (Oh, the humanity!)

I will not be on Senator. I will be in KC watching with the old man, who does not have wifi (geezer). Sucks the game is not in KC or I'd be there, regardless of cost. No Royal either!

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 11:34 PM

Bob Dole has faith in data migration?

Reerun_KC
09-07-2015, 11:36 PM
I will not be on Senator. I will be in KC watching with the old man, who does not have wifi (geezer). Sucks the game is not in KC or I'd be there, regardless of cost. No Royal either!

I'll most likely be returning from the TN OU game and will be in the air. As per usual I will miss the game And havve to watch it DVR...:banghead:

eDave
09-07-2015, 11:37 PM
Bob Dole has faith in data migration?

Saturday might suck.

eDave
09-07-2015, 11:44 PM
I'll most likely be returning from the TN OU game and will be in the air. As per usual I will miss the game And havve to watch it DVR...:banghead:

So, um, why did you start this thread?:lame:

big nasty kcnut
09-08-2015, 02:13 AM
I trust and in got this.

Marcellus
09-08-2015, 03:41 AM

So you only started this thread for an opportunity to bitch?

Saulbadguy
09-08-2015, 04:02 AM

Tables? More than likely a staggering amount of rows.

Even then, probably not "staggering" if you have peeked at any sort of financial database.

Coochie liquor
09-08-2015, 06:32 AM

And this ia different from anything else he does, how??

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 06:36 AM

You might need to worry a little less about me and more about your boy Fisher. :hmmm:

Actually what is ironic about your post Marcellus, is that in the OP it was a basic question that was answered by a basic answer... Not sure why you have to follow me around and bitch continuously about my post.

Speaking of opportunity to bitch about something, you haven't missed a beat...

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 06:40 AM
So, um, why did you start this thread?:lame:

After i started this thread.

Skip:You interested in a possible trip this weekend,Might just be Saturday and could run into Sunday

Me: heading to TN?

Skip: appears to be, we might have tickets to game.

Me: yeah I'll take it.

Shit happens in this line of work. You never know.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 06:42 AM
Tables? More than likely a staggering amount of rows.

Even then, probably not "staggering" if you have peeked at any sort of financial database.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time in financial dbs. But yeah tables vs rows. Should of clarified that. Lol.

notorious
09-08-2015, 06:58 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Tiger-Woods-fistpump-slow-motion.gif

SAUTO
09-08-2015, 07:12 AM

im gonna need you to hurry up and approve my 2 dogs' accounts, they can't wait to be able to post

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Locking the site to pay only members is the god damn dumbest idea in the history of man kind.

Please go crash your plane in the middle of the Pacific where it can never be found.

And take your laptop with you !

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Locking the site to pay only members is the god damn dumbest idea in the history of man kind.

Please go crash your plane in the middle of the Pacific where it can never be found.

And take your laptop with you !

Never go full SkipTowne....

BTW, the planes I fly doesn't have the fuel range to crash into the middle of the Pacific. At least know your Time, Fuel and Distance charts before you go and make such an uneducated statement... Cranky old bastard.

Lzen
09-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Just my .02 but even if the new server weren't up by Friday, I don't think locking the place to only donors is a good idea. That goes against everything that has bee CP for that past 15 years. Perhaps a compromise would be to lock out new sign ups for the day. I guess I would be okay with that. Hopefully, what Kyle says happens and this isn't even an issue.

Mile High Mania
09-08-2015, 07:54 AM
I honestly don't know how you guys can watch and enjoy the game while posting here ... or doing anything else really during a game.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Never go full SkipTowne....

BTW, the planes I fly doesn't have the fuel range to crash into the middle of the Pacific. At least know your Time, Fuel and Distance charts before you go and make such an uneducated statement... Cranky old bastard.

Lake Texhoma will do or if Eufala is closer. :D

Chief Roundup
09-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Is it possible to lock the server to only the members who have donated to help support CP and lock everyone else out during the game?

Can it be done?
That should not be done. It is quite selfish to even consider this idea.

Meatloaf
09-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Guys, perhaps more usage of the Chat facility would ease things up a bit on Sunday?

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Guys, perhaps more usage of the Chat facility would ease things up a bit on Sunday?

Who the hell wants to Chat when there's a Chiefs game on . Hell, I won't even be on line until after the game .

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Lake Texhoma will do or if Eufala is closer. :D

:hmmm:

You have a point..... But are they deep enough to conceal me forever?

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Who the hell wants to Chat when there's a Chiefs game on . Hell, I won't even be on line until after the game .

Well I like to visit with other Chiefs fans during games... Otherwise I am watching alone and that gets boring at times.

Ceej
09-08-2015, 08:25 AM
I honestly don't know how you guys can watch and enjoy the game while posting here ... or doing anything else really during a game.

My thoughts exactly.

Dartgod
09-08-2015, 08:48 AM
It's not even the dumbest idea in the history of this site.
Nobody here enjoys watching the games. Pay attention.

Mile High Mania
09-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Nobody here enjoys watching the games. Pay attention.

Forgot about that...

We're actually planning a trip now for the 11/15 KC@DEN game. Just working on the in-laws coming in to watch the kids for the weekend. It will be my first game in Denver in forever...

Nzoner
09-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Otherwise I am watching alone and that gets boring at times.

I'm sorry

Mav
09-08-2015, 09:10 AM

Rerun is very concerned.

Bob Dole
09-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Well I like to visit with other Chiefs fans during games... Otherwise I am watching alone and that gets boring at times.

Maybe if you weren't such a douche...

King_Chief_Fan
09-08-2015, 09:59 AM

Seems to me this would ensure the server would have enough resources to handle our celebration or meltdown.

Can it be done?

I am sure there is an exclusive site somewhere u can visit

ROYC75
09-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I am sure there is an exclusive site somewhere u can visit

Orange Mane ?

Bugeater
09-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Yeah it's tough. If only there were some breaks now and then during the game to talk about what just happened

lewdog
09-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Why does Reerun_kc care if he doesn't even like the Chiefs?

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Orange Mane ?

banned. :D

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 09:22 PM

Because it cause people like you to care that much more.

Bowser
09-08-2015, 09:55 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Tiger-Woods-fistpump-slow-motion.gif

This is how I picture Hog Farmer every morning as he goes to work.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 10:09 PM
This is how I picture Hog Farmer every morning as he goes to work.

ROFL

Munson
09-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Those of you who don't post in game day threads are missing out.

They're often times much more entertaining than the actual game itself.

MotherfuckerJones
09-08-2015, 11:12 PM

I don't get all the negativity. Yes we have the QB-whom-may-not-be-named lol but we have a lot of talent, solid evaluations with our front office, good coaching staff, awesome defense and improving offense (nice three headed monster: JC, Maclin, Kelce).

milkman
09-08-2015, 11:50 PM
:hmmm:

You have a point..... But are they deep enough to conceal me forever?

Well, since you won't be missed and no one will be looking for you, yeah, it's deep enough.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2015, 07:43 AM
Well it hung in there for the most part. It did have a few Andy Reid moments, but over all it seemed to be as stable as our second half offense yesterday...

Gonzo
09-14-2015, 10:09 AM
It ran perfectly. If you had problems it's because you touch yourself at night.