PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dontari Poe returns to practice and could play vs. Houston on Sunday

beach tribe
09-07-2015, 09:18 PM
I checked the 1st 2 pages. Sorry if Q
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/13496/dontari-poe-returns-to-practice-and-could-play-vs-houston-on-sunday

Dontari Poe returns to practice and could play vs. Houston on Sunday

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/i_zpslxpbbjns.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/i_zpslxpbbjns.jpg.html)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The prospect less than two months ago that nose tackle Dontari Poe could play for the Kansas City Chiefs in the regular season opener seemed absurd. Poe, the Chiefs’ Pro Bowl nose tackle, had surgery on July 15 to have a herniated disk removed from his back.

But coach Andy Reid said on Monday that Poe returned to practice this week on a limited basis and had a chance to play on Sunday when the Chiefs open the season at the Houston Texans.

“He’s on schedule to possibly have the opportunity to play against the Texans,’’ Reid said. “We’ll just have to see how he does once he get the pads on on Wednesday.

“He says he feels good. He felt good after [Sunday’s] work. We’ll see how it goes, take it day by day.’’

The Chiefs have filled in for Poe with different people. Jaye Howard has played on running downs and Mike Catapano in passing situations. The Chiefs released Catapano over the weekend and could use either Howard or Mike DeVito in that role in Houston.

Or Poe could play. General manager John Dorsey seemed to enjoy the intrigue surrounding that situation.

“You never know,’’ he said when asked whether Poe might be ready to play on Sunday.

Psyko Tek
09-07-2015, 10:02 PM
DO NOT FUCKING RUSH HIM
make sure he is fully recovered before your kill his ass
I want him to be scraping petyon off his chest vs denver

Lonewolf Ed
09-07-2015, 10:05 PM
If they put him out there on Sunday, I will be very worried. I'd rather make certain he is okay first and sic him on Peyton.

Smed1065
09-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Sure he will play but not many snaps I imagine.

Tune-up for week 2!

Halfcan
09-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Great news- I guess many on here that predicted he would be out half the year-missed that one!

Why Not?
09-08-2015, 12:24 AM
If nothing else we're a lock to lead the league in players that come back way early from potentially devastating injuries/illness

-King-
09-08-2015, 12:31 AM
If he plays at all this Sunday it will probably be spot snaps to get him acclimated. Jaye Howard should get the majority of nose snaps.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
09-08-2015, 01:45 AM
As well as Howard has looked I'd just keep poes snaps limited to subs rushing inside until he's ready to play more nose. Or flip him to Big end/5 tech in the base when he's ready. Devito, who tommy brashear said is the most improved pass rusher, could spell Bailey Poe and nick Williams rushing inside. Devito I wouldn't expect to get big sack numbers but could be effective just being disruptive. Also with Moses gone they could look to Branch and Sorenson to blitz more and help with pressure

TimBone
09-08-2015, 01:47 AM
Jaye Howard has got Sunday covered. Let's take it easy with Poe.

booger
09-08-2015, 01:54 AM
Jaye Howard has got Sunday covered. Let's take it easy with Poe.

I'm on board with that and denver game for that matter. I'm just saying when he's active on the game day roster I would limit his snaps to just the sub packages

TLO
09-08-2015, 04:47 AM
https://gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Kids/Two%20kids%20dancing.gif

Stryker
09-08-2015, 06:21 AM
DO NOT FUCKING RUSH HIM
make sure he is fully recovered before your kill his ass
I want him to be scraping petyon off his chest vs denver

THIS!!!

ChiefGator
09-08-2015, 06:44 AM
Excellent news. Chiefs win the preseason again.

kepp
09-08-2015, 07:10 AM
https://gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Kids/Two%20kids%20dancing.gif

ROFL That gif always cracks me up. The lanky kid is all smiles...then he turns gansta and its on.

Mr. Laz
09-08-2015, 09:11 AM
So Sutton will limit Poe's snaps against the Texans to 90 or so?

Mav
09-08-2015, 09:20 AM
They aren't going to play him if he isn't ready. What a boost to this team if he can play though.

BossChief
09-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Not a fan of playing him that early.

Bob Dole
09-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Poe should probably see a doctor.

Valiant
09-08-2015, 11:58 AM
If nothing else we're a lock to lead the league in players that come back way early from potentially devastating injuries/illness

He still might. I have never seen anyone come back from that surgery this quick. He qets reinjured worse or suspended for new type of drug.

I hope i am wrong and he is 100% healthy, but this would be a first. Spine surgery at his position and weight to recover at this speed is amazing.

MotherfuckerJones
09-08-2015, 12:47 PM
We have one of the very best athletic trainers. If Poe is ready then he's ready.

O.city
09-08-2015, 12:54 PM
If he's healthy, let him play

Beef Supreme
09-08-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Let him play.

MotherfuckerJones
09-08-2015, 01:14 PM
If he's healthy, let him play

Exactly. The health science is so well advanced. I'm not surprised an athletic dlineman is healing quickly.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2015, 01:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COe-CEvU8AAW1TD.jpg

ThaVirus
09-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Part of me wants him to sit this game.

Part of me wants him to play NT.

Part of me wants Sutton to try out some new looks with Howard at NT and Poe at DE.

ModSocks
09-09-2015, 01:42 PM

Part of me wants Sutton to try out some new looks with Howard at NT and Poe at DE.

Part of me wants to know what they're feeding those boys in KC, as they've all recovered miraculously and well ahead of their expected time tables. (DeVito, Johnson, Poe, Berry).

Part of me doesn't want to know what they're feeding them....

The Franchise
09-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Part of me wants to know what they're feeding those boys in KC, as they've all recovered miraculously and well ahead of their expected time tables. (DeVito, Johnson, Poe, Berry).

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

saphojunkie
09-09-2015, 01:53 PM

Who cares. I hope they're injecting HGH directly into their nutsacks.

Patriots cheat. Patriots win.

Get on board or get out of the way.

ThaVirus
09-09-2015, 01:56 PM
The Patsification of the Chiefs continues!

Radar Chief
09-09-2015, 01:59 PM
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

http://i57.tinypic.com/vf9wra.jpg

saphojunkie
09-09-2015, 02:05 PM
The Patsification of the Chiefs continues!

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Matt-Cassel-Celebration-Fail.gif

O.city
09-09-2015, 08:03 PM

Gotta be HGH. And they should be able to use it, imo.

Strongside
09-09-2015, 08:06 PM

Part of me wants to be inside Kate Upton.

stevieray
09-09-2015, 08:37 PM
ROFL That gif always cracks me up. The lanky kid is all smiles...then he turns gansta and its on.

^

-King-
09-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Who cares. I hope they're injecting HGH directly into their nutsacks.

Patriots cheat. Patriots win.

Get on board or get out of the way.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

-King-
09-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Part of me wants to be inside Kate Upton.

Ew. All the 9s and 10s in the world in you pick a 7 with a body of a 3.

Kman34
09-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Ew. All the 9s and 10s in the world in you pick a 7 with a body of a 3.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-wWxK7ihZc6C1YjObTldQQ3vistOjH7r-aU8feLWRtq4Zi2LA:www.frenchtoastsunday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Kate-upton-02.jpg

-King-
09-10-2015, 06:38 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-wWxK7ihZc6C1YjObTldQQ3vistOjH7r-aU8feLWRtq4Zi2LA:www.frenchtoastsunday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Kate-upton-02.jpg

Saggy tits
Mannish body overall
Suffers from the debilitating disorder known as NoAssAtAll

Meh. But yeah, she does look good in heavily edited photoshoot pics though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2015, 07:08 AM
Sutton is going to kill this man.

Omaha
09-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Not a fan of playing him that early.

What???? What are you basing this on? Your intimate knowledge of his injury, the treatment, his progress, and his current physical condition? Some of you act as if there is no doctor involved in this process at all.

I think we can trust the guys who actually know the situation to make this call. People who know zero about it probably don't need to have uninformed opinions like this.

raybec 4
09-10-2015, 07:47 AM
What???? What are you basing this on? Your intimate knowledge of his injury, the treatment, his progress, and his current physical condition? Some of you act as if there is no doctor involved in this process at all.

I think we can trust the guys who actually know the situation to make this call. People who know zero about it probably don't need to have uninformed opinions like this.

You shut your mouth buddy! I was in the top of my class to become a neuro surgeon before I decided to drop out to pursue my dreams at the Rocco Sluggo School of Typewriter Maintenance. I believe it's too soon

Omaha
09-10-2015, 08:03 AM
You shut your mouth buddy! I was in the top of my class to become a neuro surgeon before I decided to drop out to pursue my dreams at the Rocco Sluggo School of Typewriter Maintenance. I believe it's too soon

Please excuse me. I had no idea you were so on top of this situation.

MTG#10
09-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Saggy tits
Mannish body overall
Suffers from the debilitating disorder known as NoAssAtAll

Meh. But yeah, she does look good in heavily edited photoshoot pics though.

This X 10000

She's the most overrated "hot actress" of all time. She wouldn't come close to cracking my top 100.

BossChief
09-10-2015, 08:22 AM

He just turned 25 years old.

There's a difference between "medically cleared to be able to play" and "we should play a 350 pound DT a couple months after back surgery"

If he re-injures his back in the first half of the season and it causes long term problems, I'll be pissed.

Poe has 2 more years under contract in KC and I'm hoping the guy can be a difference maker for another 8 or 9 seasons, not just those 2 years.

Omaha
09-10-2015, 08:26 AM
He just turned 25 years old.

There's a difference between "medically cleared to be able to play" and "we should play a 350 pound DT a couple months after back surgery"

If he re-injures his back in the first half of the season and it causes long term problems, I'll be pissed.

Poe has 2 more years under contract in KC and I'm hoping the guy can be a difference maker for another 8 or 9 seasons, not just those 2 years.

You should probably send this information to the doctors and coaches who actually have first hand knowledge of the situation. They need to know this ASAP or they will likely do something totally reckless.

BossChief
09-10-2015, 08:34 AM
You should probably send this information to the doctors and coaches who actually have first hand knowledge of the situation. They need to know this ASAP or they will likely do something totally reckless.I remember when the Chiefs Medical staff said it was ok for Eric Berry to go back on the field, even though his knee didn't feel right....

I remember when the Washington Redskins staff said it was ok for RG3 to go back into that playoff game....

Coaches and medical staffs rush guys back from injury all the time...especially when they have crucial games upcoming like Houston, Denver, GB and Cincinatti where we will need everything we can get to have a good chance at not being in the playoff race early on.

Omaha
09-10-2015, 08:39 AM
I remember when the Chiefs Medical staff said it was ok for Eric Berry to go back on the field, even though his knee didn't feel right....

I remember when the Washington Redskins staff said it was ok for RG3 to go back into that playoff game....

Coaches and medical staffs rush guys back from injury all the time...especially when they have crucial games upcoming like Houston, Denver, GB and Cincinatti where we will need everything we can get to have a good chance at not being in the playoff race early on.

So, because doctors have occasionally made mistakes in other cases in the past, you think it's smart to make a statement like "Not a fan of playing him that early." with zero knowledge of his actual medical situation?

I guess we're done here.

BossChief
09-10-2015, 08:44 AM
So, because doctors have occasionally made mistakes in other cases in the past, you think it's smart to make a statement like "Not a fan of playing him that early." with zero knowledge of his actual medical situation?

I guess we're done here.

hey, let's hope the medical/coaching staff is right and bringing him back early doesn't cause his career long term problems.

Omaha
09-10-2015, 09:06 AM
hey, let's hope the medical/coaching staff is right and bringing him back early doesn't cause his career long term problems.

Early??? I understand that nobody wants him to reinjure his back. That is always a concern. Doctors & coaches share that concern. Everyone gets it.

To act like you have any insight to for an opinion on when he is or isn't ready to play whilst having no first hand knowledge at all on the situation is beyond stupid. To continue insisting that he's being rushed or that this is too early is completely idiotic.

thabear04
09-10-2015, 01:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs DT Dontari Poe in full pads for second straight day during segment open to media. Jeff Allen also out here. <a href="http://t.co/T1JIjDqFLV">pic.twitter.com/T1JIjDqFLV</a></p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/642052341886152704">September 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
09-10-2015, 01:30 PM
I think poe is an alien

nychief
09-10-2015, 01:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs DT Dontari Poe in full pads for second straight day during segment open to media. Jeff Allen also out here. <a href="http://t.co/T1JIjDqFLV">pic.twitter.com/T1JIjDqFLV</a></p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/642052341886152704">September 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Aren't those shells?

Chiefnj2
09-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Aren't those shells?

I thought teams were only allowed 1 full padded practice per week.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2015, 03:27 PM
It's been said many times ... hope they aren't rushing him

The human back and feet, 2 things that seem to linger and really cause problems even after they are declared healed.

*cross fingers*