PDA

View Full Version : Football Roger Goodell open to removing himself from NFL punishment process

Donger
09-08-2015, 09:51 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/08/us/nfl-roger-goodell-speaks-brady-deflategate-ruling/index.html

(CNN)NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is open to changing his role in how the league disciplines its players, he told the "Mike & Mike" show on ESPN2 on Tuesday.

In his first public remarks since the NFL lost in federal court in the Tom Brady "Deflategate" case, Goodell said that he is open to changes in the player disciplinary process, with the potential of setting up a panel to handle punishment of players.

The process has become "extremely time-consuming," he said. "I have to be focused on a variety of other issues, and that's what I've discussed with many of the owners over the last couple years."

Goodell said he would not be at the NFL regular-season opener Thursday night, which has the Super Bowl-champion New England Patriots hosting the Pittsburgh Steelers. He said he didn't want to be a distraction. Instead, Goodell said he'll be attending the Green Bay Packers-Chicago Bears game in Chicago on Sunday.

"The focus should be on football," Goodell said. "It should be a great night on Thursday night. I certainly don't want to be a distraction to that, but I think everyone wants to get back to football, and certainly I do."

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Dude is back pedaling faster than Lance Armstrong....

Love watching this joke try an weasel his way out.

pr_capone
09-08-2015, 09:57 AM

out of what? it isn't as if he is in any sort of trouble. you are delusional if you believe the owners are going to get together and fire him.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2015, 10:01 AM
out of what? it isn't as if he is in any sort of trouble. you are delusional if you believe the owners are going to get together and fire him.

One can only hope.... I guess I can shit in one hand and wish in the other...

But Im holding out hope that he gets removed... Every NFL fan has to be sick of Goodell* by now...

Buehler445
09-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I heard part of the interview and laughed my ass off in the cab of the tractor. Thank god I'm by myself.

Time consuming my nutsack. Getting beat like a drum by the NFLPA must not play well on the radio.

Mr. Laz
09-08-2015, 11:04 AM
No way the NFL should do this unless the NFLPA is prepare to give something up in exchange.

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 11:32 AM
No way the NFL should do this unless the NFLPA is prepare to give something up in exchange.

The NFLPA should probably agree to stop clubbing him like a baby seal in every courthouse in America in exchange. Seems a fair trade to me.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Good. Now Kraft and BB should resign.

Mr. Laz
09-08-2015, 11:37 AM
The NFLPA should probably agree to stop clubbing him like a baby seal in every courthouse in America in exchange. Seems a fair trade to me.

where's the story and picture of Kraft and Judge Berman hanging out at that party together?

loochy
09-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Instead of this:
Roger Goodell open to removing himself from NFL punishment process

how about this instead:
Roger Goodell open to removing himself from NFL

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 11:43 AM
where's the story and picture of Kraft and Judge Berman hanging out at that party together?

I imagine google.com will find it for you. Why?

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Good. Now Kraft and BB should resign.

Why? Even the Wells Report specifically exonerated them.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2015, 11:46 AM
They have blatantly cheated for over a decade that's why.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Dude is back pedaling faster than Lance Armstrong....

I'm pretty sure Lance was peddling the right way, just had some extra O2 to burn....

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty sure Lance was peddling the right way, just had some extra O2 to burn....

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Lance would be a perfect Patriot. Owner of accolades and winning things he doesn't deserve.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 11:55 AM
As long as it doesn't come with a pay cut why would he care?

And it sounds like he's open to the only point the judge made as he made a ruling that ultimately let a crook get away with it and hurt the game.

I support the move by the way.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Lance would be a perfect Patriot. Owner of accolades and winning things he doesn't deserve.

I'm sure he totally sides with Tom on this... And this is hard to say this but, AT LEAST FRANCE HAD THE BALLS (unlike Lance) TO YANK HIS TITLES.

FRANCE!!!! FUCKING FRANCE!!!!

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 11:57 AM
I imagine google.com will find it for you. Why?

I love how you're so testy about all of this... ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

chiefzilla1501
09-08-2015, 11:58 AM
If the ESPN article is true, and you can sense there's a lot of truth to it, the owners are fed up with kraft and his stronghold of the nfl. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Goodell has finally done it to himself. Especially since he tried to overreach and actually created Patriot sympathy let alone a complete reversal of any punishment.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2015, 11:59 AM
So we have 4 vacated NFL titles then right Glory? I can't award those to the NFC as the AFC had some strong teams those years too robbed by the Cheatriots.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 11:59 AM
If the ESPN article is true, and you can sense there's a lot of truth to it, the owners are fed up with kraft and his stronghold of the nfl. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Goodell has finally done it to himself. Especially since he tried to overreach and actually created Patriot sympathy let alone a complete reversal of any punishment.

They still owe the $1M and two draft picks. Not relevant, but so far they've not been overturned...

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
So we have 4 vacated NFL titles then right Glory? I can't award those to the NFC as the AFC had some strong teams those years too robbed by the Cheatriots.

Or just awarde half a SB to the NFC team in the SB and half to the team the Cheatriots beat to get to the SB.

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 12:02 PM
They have blatantly cheated for over a decade that's why.

They have? Were all their balls also 1 PSI under?

The more you talk, the more you get wrong.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2015, 12:04 PM
They have? Were all their balls also 1 PSI under?

The more you talk, the more you get wrong.

Hamas has already called you out and owned you on that subject. Stop making things up. The balls absolutely were over 1 over.

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 12:04 PM
I love how you're so testy about all of this... ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Not testy at all, actually. Really just sad. So much misunderstanding, and so much ridiculousness, but in the minds of many, Patriots have four asterisks blah blah blah. It's too bad for teh Patriots, really, but at least Spygate was of their own making. This one is just a pile of stupidity, stacked on top of each other.

Mr. Laz
09-08-2015, 12:05 PM
The NFL should give the players what they want and fire Roger Goodell.

The they should go out and hire David Stern.

We can all watch and laugh while Stern makes Dee Smith his bitch

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Hamas has already called you out and owned you on that subject. Stop making things up. The balls absolutely were over 1 over.

You understand that Hamas disagrees with THE WELLS REPORT ITSELF, in terms of those numbers, yes?

Once again, the more you talk, the more you look like an idiot. You should let the others carry your water here...

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Not testy at all, actually. Really just sad. So much misunderstanding, and so much ridiculousness, but in the minds of many, Patriots have four asterisks blah blah blah. It's too bad for teh Patriots, really, but at least Spygate was of their own making. This one is just a pile of stupidity, stacked on top of each other.

Yeah, because the kid with the needle in the ball was just a coinikadink...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Doode, you team cheats, face it. Even if there are spot cases of other teams having cheated in the past, yours has tried to turn it into an art form so that it's seen to be less.

Dude, they're crooks. Wear it...

Enjoy Thursday, I'm sure the other team has spent more time trying to figure out how your team will cheat than actual practice. So it worked! Celebrate your team's lowness - it's proof that cheaters do win! Yay you!

King_Chief_Fan

Yeah, but cheating is cheating:D

Amnorix
They still owe the $1M and two draft picks. Not relevant, but so far they've not been overturned...

Never will be. No way to contest them. No CBA in place, and Commissioner can do whatever the hell he wants. There isn't any mechanism to challenge his ruling, no matter what.

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 12:10 PM

Even your trolling attempt is pathetic. Good God, at least try to make it interesting here.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Never will be. No way to contest them. No CBA in place, and Commissioner can do whatever the hell he wants. There isn't any mechanism to challenge his ruling, no matter what.

Oh, I'm sure they'll challenge it, and win. If I have know one thing, Kraft is out to make sure he uses the courts to allow him to get away with things.

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Oh, I'm sure they'll challenge it, and win. If I have know one thing, Kraft is out to make sure he uses the courts to allow him to get away with things.

Nope. Said he wouldn't, and his son (the Pats VP of operations and the successor-in-waiting) said they weren't going back on it.

But even if they wanted to contest it, it's pretty much impossible to do it. I'm not kidding, there's basically no way for a team to fight the NFL on team-imposed sanctions. That system works 99% of the time, but when you have a "I do whatever I want" nutcase like Goodell, I wouldn't feel good about it if I owned a team.

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Oh, and err, the suit was brought by the NFL itself, and they fought Brady and teh NFLPA. It had nothing, literally nothing, to do with anything Kraft did or didn't want to do. He had zero say in the whole thing.

TEX
09-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Are Tom Brady and the Patriots open to removing themselves from the cheating process? Especially since the Patriots have been cheating under two NFL Commissioners. :shrug:

Hootie
09-08-2015, 12:21 PM
only Patriots fans would still try and use "Ideal Gas Law" as an excuse for employing an equipment guy who smuggled NFL footballs into a bathroom, lied about it, and then lied about his lie after getting caught in a lie, while also dubbing himself with the nickname, "the deflator." Yeah. Totally. Ideal Gas Law! Hahaha. I mean, it's just laughable at this point.

Dave Lane
09-08-2015, 12:22 PM
It would be great to see Goodell hit the bricks. This whole deflategate crap was about Goodell's ego. Nothing more.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Nope. Said he wouldn't, and his son (the Pats VP of operations and the successor-in-waiting) said they weren't going back on it.

But even if they wanted to contest it, it's pretty much impossible to do it. I'm not kidding, there's basically no way for a team to fight the NFL on team-imposed sanctions. That system works 99% of the time, but when you have a "I do whatever I want" nutcase like Goodell, I wouldn't feel good about it if I owned a team.

Well good. They should change the fine to 90% of what's distributed to each team each year for five years (so only 10% of what other teams get), and no draft picks until after the year BB leaves.

All proceed derived from retaining the team's distribution should go to Children's hospitals and feeding the poor in Africa.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Oh, and err, the suit was brought by the NFL itself, and they fought Brady and teh NFLPA. It had nothing, literally nothing, to do with anything Kraft did or didn't want to do. He had zero say in the whole thing.

And when ruling was made in favor of TB, not once did they say he didn't do it. Basically put, the judge decided he didn't like the all powerful person Roger had become. So while everybody knows Tom/NE did it, the judge was upset over a structure that was agreed upon by all until it was used.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0912/play_a_patriots_mb_576.jpg

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 12:47 PM
only Patriots fans would still try and use "Ideal Gas Law" as an excuse for employing an equipment guy who smuggled NFL footballs into a bathroom, lied about it, and then lied about his lie after getting caught in a lie, while also dubbing himself with the nickname, "the deflator." Yeah. Totally. Ideal Gas Law! Hahaha. I mean, it's just laughable at this point.

And add "a judge that doesn't like people having supreme executive power" as the cherry on top.

What the judge hates:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dOOTKA0aGI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 12:52 PM
And when ruling was made in favor of TB, not once did they say he didn't do it. Basically put, the judge decided he didn't like the all powerful person Roger had become. So while everybody knows Tom/NE did it, the judge was upset over a structure that was agreed upon by all until it was used.

Because the judge couldn't decide that, it wasn't within the scope of the process he had to go through.

And yet, on page 7 of his decision, he wrote a sentence from the Wells Report, in bold: "At the same time, the Wells Report acknowledged that "[o]ur scientific consultants informed us that the data alone did not provide a basis for them to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering, as the analysis of such data is ultimately dependent upon assumptions and information that is uncertain."

I wonder why he included that sentence in his decision. I wonder why he BOLDED that sentence in his decision.

He doesn't rely on it in any way in making his ruling. It's completely extraneous. Just an extra thrown in there for no reason at all.

Unless, of course that he was sending a not-very-subtle signal that he thought the whole damn case was weak on the evidence also. But he COULDN'T rule on the evidence. He wasn't allowed to. So he just happened to mention it, IN BOLD, and then moved on.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Because the judge couldn't decide that, it wasn't within the scope of the process he had to go through.

And yet, on page 7 of his decision, he wrote a sentence from the Wells Report, in bold: "At the same time, the Wells Report acknowledged that "[o]ur scientific consultants informed us that the data alone did not provide a basis for them to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering, as the analysis of such data is ultimately dependent upon assumptions and information that is uncertain."

I wonder why he included that sentence in his decision. I wonder why he BOLDED that sentence in his decision.

He doesn't rely on it in any way in making his ruling. It's completely extraneous. Just an extra thrown in there for no reason at all.

Unless, of course that he was sending a not-very-subtle signal that he thought the whole damn case was weak on the evidence also. But he COULDN'T rule on the evidence. He wasn't allowed to. So he just happened to mention it, IN BOLD, and then moved on.

Most law is based on a preponderance of the evidence, it sounds like the judge is close enough to RK, BB, and TB to say that short of video evidence and them admitting it, no amount of common sense would suffice.

So basically it's the judge admitting that he either has no common sense or refuses to use it. Like the sun rising in the east, he's of the mindset that there's nothing to prove it'll happen that way again tomorrow.

He's an idiot, and a perfect lacky for the Pats.

Oh, and another person with too much power at his disposal. He's not far off of Roger.

TEX
09-08-2015, 01:14 PM

:clap: THIS FOREVER!

This is exactly what happened. EVERYONE KNOWS, including Pats fans.

I so hope the Refs call EVERY LEGIT PENALITY on New England this season. You know what they say, you can call holding on EVERY play. I sure hope they do.

Amnorix
09-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Most law is based on a preponderance of the evidence, it sounds like the judge is close enough to RK, BB, and TB to say that short of video evidence and them admitting it, no amount of common sense would suffice.

Amazing. The NFL getting the news out to hte press that Berman had a brief meeting with Kraft at some social function involving a zillion people has now turned into Berman being "close" to not just Kraft, but BB and TB.

The NFL has really done it's job well here.

Facts....they are so damn pesky.

Chief Roundup
09-08-2015, 01:17 PM
The Patriots will always be the biggest cheaters in the NFL. Their SB wins should have asterisks.

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Amazing. The NFL getting the news out to hte press that Berman had a brief meeting with Kraft at some social function involving a zillion people has now turned into Berman being "close" to not just Kraft, but BB and TB.

The NFL has really done it's job well here.

Facts....they are so damn pesky.

Who said anything about that meeting? A little trigger happy there are ya? But since you brought it us - I get it! I'm not a betting man, but the chances of the first place these two meet and "chat" would be at a party just after a terrible ruling like he had just handed down must be like 1000:1... No? Just another coinkadink?

jspchief
09-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Why? Even the Wells Report specifically exonerated them.
I thought you said the Wells report was BS

Mennonite
09-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Reading people bitch about Goodell is like watching people argue with Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog. He's just a puppet..with 32 hands in his ass. If he gets canned, he'll just be replaced with another straw boss who will take the heat from the fans for doing the owners dirty work.

MahiMike
09-08-2015, 06:35 PM
I thought he already did this last year?

Psyko Tek
09-08-2015, 07:31 PM

I got no problem with that
at least 2 where preceded by getting caught cheating
fucking strip them

Mr. Flopnuts
09-08-2015, 08:58 PM
:clap: THIS FOREVER!

This is exactly what happened. EVERYONE KNOWS, including Pats fans.

I so hope the Refs call EVERY LEGIT PENALITY on New England this season. You know what they say, you can call holding on EVERY play. I sure hope they do.

That would be excellent!

GloryDayz
09-08-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm happy the current revelations aren't being brushed off. This could get good.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-08-2015, 09:13 PM
They are getting absolutely destroyed on ESPN and a completely neutral board on Chiefs Planet. Not looking good for the "legacy" of those cheaters. Guys like Pissing By and Asterix should be ashamed of their posts.

BucEyedPea
09-08-2015, 09:55 PM
And when ruling was made in favor of TB, not once did they say he didn't do it.

Well, this just shows how ignorant you are. You never read much about this did you? It wasn't Berman's place to decide Brady's guilt or innocence which was posted by me. It was not Berman job, although he did say there was no evidence of this...that was in relation to the process. This was about the NFL process. IOWs Goodell cannot arbitrarily violate the CBA and the "law of the shop." Goodell was not impartial when he appointed himself the one to hear the appeal. Lots wrong wrong with this process too.

Keep derping it up.

So while everybody knows Tom/NE did it, the judge was upset over a structure that was agreed upon by all until it was used.

Everybody doesn't know that. This is called an opinion. You're using a lynch mob mentality. That's why we have courts. Brady was guilty before innocent to you when it was first mentioned.

So when are you going to push Brady down a flight of steps for one of your typical punishments.

BucEyedPea
09-08-2015, 10:00 PM
I thought you said the Wells report was BS

About Brady. The Pats' kicker was also exonerated and even he refused to turn over his personal phone. No punishment for him doing that. This is why Goodell is arbitrary and inconsistent.

Also, Feely testified about the Jets K ball situation.

“We talked about the similarities in that case and the differences in the way the NFL responded,” Feely said. “I didn’t get in trouble. I had no culpability in that case.”

As the kicker, Feely presumably would have been at least “generally aware” of the use of an unapproved piece of equipment by a Jets equipment employee, who was suspended as a result of the incident. But Feely was neither questioned nor disciplined.

It’s an important point, because the failure to investigate or to discipline Feely under similar circumstances shows that the NFL may have been acting arbitrarily in Brady’s case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/feely-did-indeed-tell-judge-berman-about-the-jets-k-ball-incident/

BucEyedPea
09-08-2015, 10:02 PM
As to Goodell removing himself from the process—NOT a bad idea. One man should never be judge, jury and executioner. Bad justice systems use that.

BucEyedPea
09-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Also the CBA does NOT give Goodell the authority to discipline anyone for “general awareness” which is a state of mind NOT “conduct detrimental”. Know the difference between the two if you're going to apply logic.

jspchief
09-08-2015, 10:40 PM
About Brady. The Pats' kicker was also exonerated and even he refused to turn over his personal phone. No punishment for him doing that. This is why Goodell is arbitrary and inconsistent.

Also, Feely testified about the Jets K ball situation.
Oh so the things in the Wells report that are negative towards the Pats are all incorrect, but the things that clear Belichick of wrongdoing are spot on?

ROFL. Seems legit.

Gonzo
09-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Someone call the goddel bot.

"That thing hasn't worked right since we bought it."

rabblerouser
09-08-2015, 11:51 PM
I'm open to Goodell removing himself from the WWNFL.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2015, 01:17 AM
They are getting absolutely destroyed on ESPN.

ESPN is paying $2 BILLION dollars PER YEAR just for the rights to Monday Night Football.

Do you think they have a stake in the game?

TEX
09-09-2015, 04:54 AM
Well, this just shows how ignorant you are. You never read much about this did you? It wasn't Berman's place to decide Brady's guilt or innocence which was posted by me. It was not Berman job, although he did say there was no evidence of this...that was in relation to the process. This was about the NFL process. IOWs Goodell cannot arbitrarily violate the CBA and the "law of the shop." Goodell was not impartial when he appointed himself the one to hear the appeal. Lots wrong wrong with this process too.

Keep derping it up.

Everybody doesn't know that. This is called an opinion. You're using a lynch mob mentality. That's why we have courts. Brady was guilty before innocent to you when it was first mentioned.

So when are you going to push Brady down a flight of steps for one of your typical punishments.

You're wrong about much of what you profess to know. So much so that the responsibility is on you to correct it b/c your mind is made up on this subject and will only process information that you assimilate. I think the issue may be your your lack of common sense... :shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2015, 06:09 AM
ESPN is paying $2 BILLION dollars PER YEAR just for the rights to Monday Night Football.

Do you think they have a stake in the game?

"THE PATRIOTS LED BY GENIUS BILL BELICHICK AND THE HIGH POWERED OFFENSE WITH TOM BRADY, ROB GRONKOWSKI, JULIAN EDELMAN, BRANDON LAFELL, AND LEGARRATE BLOUNT".......take on the chiefs

Amnorix
09-09-2015, 06:21 AM
"THE PATRIOTS LED BY GENIUS BILL BELICHICK AND THE HIGH POWERED OFFENSE WITH TOM BRADY, ROB GRONKOWSKI, JULIAN EDELMAN, BRANDON LAFELL, AND LEGARRATE BLOUNT".......take on the chiefs

And this is why you hate the Patriots, Belichick and Brady. I get it. I don't blame you one bit.

TEX
09-09-2015, 06:31 AM
And this is why you hate the Patriots, Belichick and Brady. I get it. I don't blame you one bit.

Dude, let it go and just go home. You're not really welcome here anymore. Go hang out with your own kind and have a stupidity circle-jerk.

Amnorix
09-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Dude, let it go and just go home. You're not really welcome here anymore. Go hang out with your own kind and have a stupidity circle-jerk.

Love you too buddy! :thumb:

GloryDayz
09-09-2015, 08:47 AM

You forgot Kraft... He's the one setting the "win at all cost" tone - BB and TB are just very willing to work in the "Cheat" zone, and they were perfect hires for a system with cheating as one of its cornerstones.

Amnorix
09-09-2015, 09:08 AM
You forgot Kraft... He's the one setting the "win at all cost" tone - BB and TB are just very willing to work in the "Cheat" zone, and they were perfect hires for a system with cheating as one of its cornerstones.

The Patriots are so deep in the heads of their opponents and their fans it's going to take years of therapy to recover.

GloryDayz
09-09-2015, 09:17 AM
The Patriots are so deep in the heads of their opponents and their fans it's going to take years of therapy to recover.

Dat what cheating do.... LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO