PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs #7 in NFL.com power rankings (1 spot over Denver)

BossChief
09-09-2015, 07:46 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524088/article/nfl-power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-begin-season-at-no-1

I know these things are worthless, mostly, but it's nice to see us get some play.

Titty Meat
09-09-2015, 07:49 AM
The Cowboys are garbage dunno how they are top 10

Buehler445
09-09-2015, 07:55 AM

Garbage?

What did they lose other than Murray?

Red Dawg
09-09-2015, 07:58 AM
I love KC teams above all else in sports but we have proven nothing. We are ranked too high at this point.

Lzen
09-09-2015, 08:06 AM
I love KC teams above all else in sports but we have proven nothing. We are ranked too high at this point.

Well then here ya go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524484/article/seven-contenders-stand-out-in-power-poll

They have the Chiefs at #18 behind teams such as the Bills. ROFL

kcjayhawks5
09-09-2015, 08:08 AM

They're good enough to win the super bowl this year...

O.city
09-09-2015, 08:09 AM
The steelers are super overrated too. That defense is shitpiss

Rausch
09-09-2015, 08:13 AM

Odd numbered year...

DaFace
09-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Meh. I've seen us ranked anywhere from #6 to #24. Time will tell.

Rausch
09-09-2015, 08:29 AM
Meh. I've seen us ranked anywhere from #6 to #24. Time will tell.

I think we'll know after week 1. If we can win week one there's reason to have hope.

If we lose week 1 it's hard to see how we'll beat teams like the Packers, Donks, or Bengals. Starting off 0-3 or 1-4 is hard to come back from...

SeeingRed
09-09-2015, 08:32 AM
I'd say that's about right.....and as far as Cowboys go they will be dangerous. That O line, good QB, great WR, good compliments, now they just got Christine Michael....and that D is underrated. I expect the Cowboys to be in there at the end somewhere

TLO
09-09-2015, 08:37 AM
I think we'll know after week 1. If we can win week one there's reason to have hope.

If we lose week 1 it's hard to see how we'll beat teams like the Packers, Donks, or Bengals. Starting off 0-3 or 1-4 is hard to come back from...

What a dumb statement.

TEX
09-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Meaningless. Win weeks 1 & 2 and it will gain credibility.

DaFace
09-09-2015, 08:38 AM
What a dumb statement.

Why's that? Seems pretty logical that, if we can't beat the Texans, it's gonna be tough to beat better teams.

TEX
09-09-2015, 08:39 AM

Absolutely nailed it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2015, 08:51 AM

Doesn't work that way. Last year we lost to the Titans. We beat the Seahawks and Patriots so bad everybody was saying it was time for Brady and Belicheck to hang it up.

Big Tedd
09-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Why's that? Seems pretty logical that, if we can't beat the Texans, it's gonna be tough to beat better teams.

Remember last year?

Lost to the Titans first game but beat the Patriots and Seahawks later in the season. Don't loose your mind over one game.

scho63
09-09-2015, 08:53 AM
They are ranked all over the place.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-power-rankings--some-changes-after-a-crazy-preseason-150053421.html

#13 at Yahoo Sports

13. Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 12)
Eric Fisher getting bumped from left tackle to right tackle is not a good sign for the 2013 No. 1 overall pick. But, it's not like there were any superstars taken high in that draft. It looks like it's going down as one of the worst drafts ever.

At least he nails it with that last statement!

Rausch
09-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Doesn't work that way. Last year we lost to the Titans. We beat the Seahawks and Patriots so bad everybody was saying it was time for Brady and Belicheck to hang it up.

At the time both those teams were slumping and we were the low point that started their rebound.

And we started the year with injuries last year. This year, other than Poe, this team is healthy and ready to go...

BWillie
09-09-2015, 09:12 AM

They are? The reason Murray was so good last year was because of their amazing offensive line. That isn't going anywhere. Whoever they put back there this year to run the ball will have success.

Rausch
09-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Remember last year?

Lost to the Titans first game but beat the Patriots and Seahawks later in the season. Don't loose your mind over one game.

A huge reason we lost to the Titans last year was our kicker shanking everything...

Coochie liquor
09-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Good defense, good playmakers in Romo, Dez, and an offensive line that can open holes even Trent Richardson could run through.

BigRichard
09-09-2015, 09:18 AM

Exactly, Chiefsplanet members overreacts to shit all the time. Half of the teams in the NFL lose week 1. I guess we should just eliminate them from playoff contention at that time.

BossChief
09-09-2015, 09:19 AM
A huge reason we lost to the Titans last year was our kicker shanking everything...

And we were a very young team that lost 2 veteran leaders for the whole year to Achilles injuries

And Alex threw a bunch of picks

And we came out flat

And we overlooked the Titans with Denver on the schedule for week 2 (hopefully, this doesn't happen again)

BossChief
09-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Exactly, Chiefsplanet members overreacts to shit all the time. Half of the teams in the NFL lose week 1. I guess we should just eliminate them from playoff contention at that time.

Well, if we won that game, we would have been in the playoffs.

Rausch
09-09-2015, 09:21 AM

Our schedule starts rough and ends easy.

Few teams make the playoffs after starting 0-3. It just doesn't happen that often.

I do like our last 6 games though. If we're 4-4 at the midway mark I love our chances at the playoffs...

Simply Red
09-09-2015, 09:22 AM
well not shocking considering we're winning the Super-bowl.

Mile High Mania
09-09-2015, 09:22 AM

Not saying you've said, this ... but there's been so much talk around here by the masses about the talent on this team and how they're the most talented in the division. If that's true, then the road opener in Houston without Foster and really a marginally overall talented offense... that should be a win.

I didn't follow a lot of the preseason chest beating, so maybe this has been your stance the whole time... but, KC's expectations should be they're walking in and winning that game, no questions asked.

You are right though, lose that game and there's so much lost momentum heading into the home opener vs Denver.

Beef Supreme
09-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Remember last year?

I remember last year. When we missed the playoffs by one win.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2015, 09:26 AM
well not shocking considering we're winning the Super-bowl.

This!!

Titty Meat
09-09-2015, 09:30 AM
They are? The reason Murray was so good last year was because of their amazing offensive line. That isn't going anywhere. Whoever they put back there this year to run the ball will have success.

Murray is good McFadden is a broke dick, Randle is meh, Romo is older and has back issues. That defense isn't that good.

Rausch
09-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Not saying you've said, this ... but there's been so much talk around here by the masses about the talent on this team and how they're the most talented in the division. If that's true, then the road opener in Houston without Foster and really a marginally overall talented offense... that should be a win.

I didn't follow a lot of the preseason chest beating, so maybe this has been your stance the whole time... but, KC's expectations should be they're walking in and winning that game, no questions asked.

Those are my expectations.

This is a game you should win. You don't make the playoffs by being inconsistent or playing down to your opponent.

Beating the Pats and Seahawks doesn't meat $3it if you also lose to the Titans and Raiders. We have enough talent on this team we should be competing with Denver for AFCW crown. We won't be beating Denver by starting slow and trying to catch up later.

Losing games we should win is a good way to earn our usual last seed playoff-pity-fuck one and done...

ChiefGator
09-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I know these things are worthless, mostly, but it's nice to see us get some play.

Absolutely! Those rankings are dead on accurate most of the time. The press people really spend alot of time trying to get it right, and have alot of insight into the teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524484/article/seven-contenders-stand-out-in-power-poll

They have the Chiefs at #18 behind teams such as the Bills.

Figures.. stupid press people have no idea how to rank teams. You can't trust those rankings.

Mile High Mania
09-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Those are my expectations.

This is a game you should win. You don't make the playoffs by being inconsistent or playing down to your opponent.

Beating the Pats and Seahawks doesn't meat $3it if you also lose to the Titans and Raiders. We have enough talent on this team we should be competing with Denver for AFCW crown. We won't be beating Denver by starting slow and trying to catch up later.

Losing games we should win is a good way to earn our usual last seed playoff-pity-**** one and done...

I hear ya ... I honestly would love to see all 4 teams in the division doing well this year and improving.

Rausch
09-09-2015, 09:43 AM
I hear ya ... I honestly would love to see all 4 teams in the division doing well this year and improving.

No, I really enjoy watching the Raiders suck each and every year...

keg in kc
09-09-2015, 09:44 AM
I don't see it. Still think we're a middle of the pack team and the bounce of the ball will decide which side of .500 we land on.

Mile High Mania
09-09-2015, 09:45 AM

I'm kinda tired of it, quite honestly. I think the NFL needs it's balance of "good and evil" teams and even though the mystique isn't nearly what it used to be... when the Raiders are good, the NFL is fun and games take a different meaning.

ThaVirus
09-09-2015, 09:48 AM
The Cowboys aren't that good? LMAO

Dude, Romo is a franchise QB. Dez Bryant is arguably the best WR in the game. Their offensive line is the best in the league. Terrence Williams is possibly the most explosive #2 WR in the league. Jason Witten is the most reliable TE in the league. Cole Beasley is hella underrated as a #3 WR.

Their defense lost Orlando Scandrick and is certainly the weak point of their team, but they added two pass rushers and a 1st round CB. Plus they're getting Sean Lee back who will move to the weak side with McClain doing so well at Mike.

They could potentially be a Super Bowl contender.

Rausch
09-09-2015, 09:53 AM
The Cowboys aren't that good? LMAO

Dude, Romo is a franchise QB. Dez Bryant is arguably the best WR in the game. Their offensive line is the best in the league. Terrence Williams is possibly the most explosive #2 WR in the league. Jason Witten is the most reliable TE in the league. Cole Beasley is hella underrated as a #3 WR.

Their defense lost Orlando Scandrick and is certainly the weak point of their team, but they added two pass rushers and a 1st round CB. Plus they're getting Sean Lee back who will move to the weak side with McClain doing so well at Mike.

They could potentially be a Super Bowl contender.

They probably should have been in the NFCCG last year...

ptlyon
09-09-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm kinda tired of it, quite honestly. I think the NFL needs it's balance of "good and evil" teams and even though the mystique isn't nearly what it used to be... when the Raiders are good, the NFL is fun and games take a different meaning.

I agree. Remember when we all in the AFCW beat the hell out of each other? Used to take records and stat sheets and throw them out the window.

Now beating the raiders is meh and we must be like shooing away your little sister to you by now.

DaFace
09-09-2015, 10:02 AM

You are right though, lose that game and there's so much lost momentum heading into the home opener vs Denver.

I agree with this. It's not that our season is a disaster if we lose week 1, but if we do, it proves they're not the team I expected them to be.

Rausch
09-09-2015, 10:08 AM
I agree with this. It's not that our season is a disaster if we lose week 1, but if we do, it proves they're not the team I expected them to be.

Well stated...

Halfcan
09-09-2015, 10:45 AM

Yep - just like clockwork. Fall brings the changing colors of the leaves and the Faders follies.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 10:48 AM

You've GOT to stop reminding everyone what a clueless tongue chewer you really are....

Mile High Mania
09-09-2015, 10:51 AM
I agree. Remember when we all in the AFCW beat the hell out of each other? Used to take records and stat sheets and throw them out the window.

Now beating the raiders is meh and we must be like shooing away your little sister to you by now.

No, it just makes divisional games boring and kinda meaningless. Things are cyclical and at some point, maybe sooner than I care for it to happen, things will flip. I don't see Denver falling to the bottom of the division any time soon, but 2nd place... 3rd place. It's not impossible.

All in all, if it makes for a better division, I will take whatever happens. If Denver wins a tight and tough division with 10 wins, maybe that makes them better for the run... 13 wins in a crap division, big deal.

Hopefully, 2015 will be a better race.

Skyy God
09-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Bill Barnwell from Grantland has the Chiefs competing for the SB. Article will be up tomorrow.

mdchiefsfan
09-09-2015, 11:29 AM

We certainly knew what team we were after our loss to Tennessee, and the loss of DJ and Devito for the year, last year. Everyone was saying 9 wins after that game.

Gadzooks
09-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Bill Barnwell from Grantland has the Chiefs competing for the SB. Article will be up tomorrow.

Barnwell is a moron. Don Banks has the Chargers in the SB.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/08/nfl-bold-predictions-2015-peyton-manning-philip-rivers

milkman
09-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Barnwell is a moron. Don Banks has the Chargers in the SB.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/08/nfl-bold-predictions-2015-peyton-manning-philip-rivers

Sounds like moronacy is common place.

dls6501
09-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Good defense, good playmakers in Romo, Dez, and an offensive line that can open holes even Trent Richardson could run through.

Let's not go crazy now.

Skyy God
09-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Barnwell is a moron.

You just don't like his analysis.

Because the Chargers and Chiefs play in the same division and finished with the same 9-7 record, most of the previews I’ve seen this offseason have treated them as roughly similar heading into 2015. This is a place where underlying statistics can be revealing. While both teams won nine games, the Chiefs outscored their opposition by 72 points and had the Pythagorean Expectation of a 10.1-win team. That places them ahead of the Colts and a half-win behind the Cowboys.

The Chargers, meanwhile, battled their opponents to a draw. They finished the season having both scored and allowed 348 points, a figure that naturally leaves them with the Pythagorean Expectation of a team that would win exactly 8.0 games. They were far closer on a per-play basis to the 49ers (7.0 wins) and Browns (6.9 wins) last year than they were to the Chiefs. They even finished with a DVOA of minus-0.6 percent, which was 16th in the league, while Kansas City was 10th at 10.4 percent. The Chargers were about as average as it gets last year.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-2015-season-predictions-part-2-the-falling-stars/

Chief_For_Life58
09-09-2015, 02:02 PM
we gotta beat houston to roll the energy into denver and win that too. we start 2-0 were very legit contenders for afc champions this year

Chief_For_Life58
09-09-2015, 02:03 PM
cowboys packers nfc championship game

MotherfuckerJones
09-09-2015, 02:04 PM
No way SD finishes ahead of us. They're not as talented and they've been overrated for years.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2015, 02:05 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/109242133-september-2-1996-sports-illustrated-cover-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=R4V%2FQay2ANwpmCZhkZDSEjGpbf9Swq7ynsr5uMa0KCqaded8j%2FZ0OazFcJKJ3kcdPV2oRN1jU%2BrRomKc5AoatA%3D%3D

result: 9-7, no playoffs

Reerun_KC
09-09-2015, 02:05 PM
we gotta beat houston to roll the energy into denver and win that too. we start 2-0 were very legit contenders for afc champions this year

What if Reid and Co continue their trend of shit after NOVEMBER 15th? 4-10 the last two years after said date.

How does that affect our status?

Ming the Merciless
09-09-2015, 02:12 PM
1) I agree with some of the above posters...but my take is maybe slightly different....Instead of looking at game 1, I am gonna look at the 1st 4 games...

if we come away 2-2 or better out of the 1st 4 games, to me would be a good sign.

If we only win 1 or less out of the 1st 4...well...same old same old...although i will say...even at 1-3, we're not DONE....we still could get hot and get lucky

2) I remember as a kid way before the internet, being anxious for the NFL powerrankings to get published in the various magazines...and thumbing through them..and the chiefs NEVER seemed to get love on those things.....even when we had some pretty good teams. Its funny how much information we have at out fingertips now...back in those days we waited all summer for a magazine to MAYBE have one page devoted to the chiefs and maybe another page devoted to the afc west......and often the information in it was out dated, and a free agent move had been made...so it was like.."shit I spent 5 bux on this magazione with 2 month old BS info??!!??"

anyway

/old guy rant

MotherfuckerJones
09-09-2015, 02:18 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/109242133-september-2-1996-sports-illustrated-cover-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=R4V%2FQay2ANwpmCZhkZDSEjGpbf9Swq7ynsr5uMa0KCqaded8j%2FZ0OazFcJKJ3kcdPV2oRN1jU%2BrRomKc5AoatA%3D%3D

Cool story bro

saphojunkie
09-09-2015, 02:22 PM
There is no excuse for losing to Brian Hoyer in week one or not beating Denver at your home opener when they're traveling on a short week.

kysirsoze
09-09-2015, 02:26 PM
What if Reid and Co continue their trend of shit after NOVEMBER 15th? 4-10 the last two years after said date.

How does that affect our status?

uhhh... negatively?

notorious
09-09-2015, 02:28 PM
uhhh... negatively?

Reality.

Until it changes my needle will be set at "cautious".

Hammock Parties
09-09-2015, 02:30 PM
There is no excuse for losing to Brian Hoyer in week one or not beating Denver at your home opener when they're traveling on a short week.

"the line hasn't gelled"

"Poe isn't 100%"

"Peters needs more experience"

"Maclin isn't on the same page with Smith"

In a month all these things will be fixed and then the Chiefs will be good!

MotherfuckerJones
09-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Maclin isn't on the same page? Lol

notorious
09-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I said it months ago, this team is going to start 1-3, the sky is going to fall, and we are all going to be pissed.

After the dust settles, the Chiefs are going to finish on a 10-2 run, we are all going to be whipped into a circle-jerk frenzy until the playoffs happen, again.

FlaChief58
09-09-2015, 02:46 PM
"the line hasn't gelled"

"Poe isn't 100%"

"Peters needs more experience"

"Maclin isn't on the same page with Smith"

In a month all these things will be fixed and then the Chiefs will be good!

True

I don't think we need him week 1 against a Hoyer led team with their star RB out

What better way to get it than a hoyer led team

ROFL

Gadzooks
09-09-2015, 03:08 PM
You just don't like his analysis.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-2015-season-predictions-part-2-the-falling-stars/

The fact that Barnwell makes a living commenting on football is ludicrous. He's as knowledgeable as Bill Simmons but uses ridiculously useless stats to support his opinions.

Barnwell has always hated the Chargers and puts too much stock in his DVOA statistical bullshit. Not only that, the "Pythagorean Expectation" was developed for baseball and is idiotic to apply to football due to the increased impact of injuries.

DaFace
09-09-2015, 03:11 PM
My issue with the Chargers is the same as my issue with the Raiders. They make lots of changes, and then still look the same.

"Hey, the Raiders look like they might have actually improved this year!" 2-14
"Hey, the Chargers look like they might have actually improved this year!" 8-8

The trend goes far beyond any changes that have happened in this one year.

FlaChief58
09-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Blahblah, phyllis blah blah blah, chargers don't get no lovin waah waah,boo hoo blahblah I'm a whiney bitch, blahblah.

Fixed that for you.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2015, 03:44 PM
I said it months ago, this team is going to start 1-3, the sky is going to fall, and we are all going to be pissed.

After the dust settles, the Chiefs are going to finish on a 10-2 run, we are all going to be whipped into a circle-jerk frenzy until the playoffs happen, again.

You know why people hate you?

ModSocks
09-09-2015, 04:21 PM
No way SD finishes ahead of us. They're not as talented and they've been overrated for years.

Melvin Gordon looks like a bust.

I know, i know, "But he's only a rookie, the season hasn't even started yet!".

Charger homers and radio hosts around here are full of excuses, mostly about him being a rookie.

But imo, running backs are either gifted or they're not. I understand that pass blocking can be developed, but the ability to run the ball should be evident right away.

He reminds me of Trent Richardson. Stutter, stutter, comes to a dead stop...tackled for a loss.

beach tribe
09-09-2015, 04:24 PM

Gotta agree with you here. Crazy shit happens week one every year.
We could lose to Texans and do the Pack what we did the Pats.

stumppy
09-09-2015, 05:16 PM

I really like comparing Gordon to C. West. well, at least what each one cost their perspective teams. I'll admit I haven't watched much of Gordon but from what I've seen I'd put money on West as the better RB.

Easy 6
09-09-2015, 05:21 PM

The national pundits who rank us high, like this or Peter King or Bucky Brooks, are avid football fans with many connections... they can see the kind of deep and talented roster this regime has put together.

They know this coaching staff is top shelf, they can clearly see that John Dorsey has a good plan in place.

They can also see how this team has played out since this regime has took over, its building momentum every year...

MASSIVE turnaround that went from 2-12 to the playoffs and showed well 'til the last quarter.

Followed by a somewhat lesser record as the building team faced a tougher schedule, yet STILL beat the two super bowl teams.

To now, a team that's pretty well loaded at all positions, save a few question marks at OL and receiver... but even at those spots they can see the raw talent and at the same time know this staff is capable of bringing out their best.

This team HAS proven something, they've proven they're a legit team on the rise and people who actually pay attention have started to take notice.

milkman
09-09-2015, 05:23 PM
The national pundits who rank us high, like this or Peter King or Bucky Brooks, are avid football fans with many connections... they can see the kind of deep and talented roster this regime has put together.

They know this coaching staff is top shelf, they can clearly see that John Dorsey has a good plan in place.

They can also see how this team has played out since this regime has took over, its building momentum every year...

MASSIVE turnaround that went from 2-12 to the playoffs and showed well 'til the last quarter.

Followed by a somewhat lesser record as the building team faced a tougher schedule, yet STILL beat the two super bowl teams.

To now, a team that's pretty well loaded at all positions, save a few question marks at OL and receiver... but even at those spots they can see the raw talent and at the same time know this staff is capable of bringing out their best.

This team HAS proven something, they've proven they're a legit team on the rise and people who actually pay attention have started to take notice.

No, they haven't proven anything.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Peter King... they can see the kind of deep and talented roster this regime has put together.

LMAO

That fat fuck thought Pioli had put together an awesome team.

Stop reading his tripe and think for yourself.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Good old Peter King has the Chiefs winning the West, but the Broncos beating them in the playoffs.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11998859_985123921510519_9019108082181056820_n.jpg?oh=83e04158d0859fed6a5fc773a377fc80&oe=56771981

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Baltimore?

Shark = Jumped.

Easy 6
09-09-2015, 05:42 PM
No, they haven't proven anything.

Yes they have, they proved to be a playoff team just one season removed from truly epic disaster, the kind of disaster that hasn't been seen around the NFL since... forever.

A one of a kind, first ever grassroots fan revolt that saw planes flying banners over the stadium, murder suicides and God knows what else... yet these guys came in and took that same squad to the playoffs the very next year.

The typical growing pains followed with a slightly lesser record as everyone adjusted to better competition... yet they still pounded out the two division champs... then followed that up with an EXTREMELY busy offseason that saw all kinds of talent added and re-added.

If that doesn't prove anything to you, then you should go get your bi-focals checked, Gramps :D

notorious
09-09-2015, 05:42 PM
You know why people hate you?

My dashing good looks?

milkman
09-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Yes they have, they proved to be a playoff team just one season removed from truly epic disaster, the kind of disaster that hasn't been seen around the NFL since... forever.

A one of a kind, first ever grassroots fan revolt that saw planes flying banners over the stadium, murder suicides and God knows what else... yet these guys came in and took that same squad to the playoffs the very next year.

The typical growing pains followed with a slightly lesser record as everyone adjusted to better competition... yet they still pounded out the two division champs... then followed that up with an EXTREMELY busy offseason that saw all kinds of talent added and re-added.

If that doesn't prove anything to you, then you should go get your bi-focals checked, Gramps :D

What they (should have) proved is that Scott Pioli has no business running an NFL franchise.

Until they actually win anything of significance, they haven't proven jack.

Easy 6
09-09-2015, 05:59 PM
LMAO

That fat **** thought Pioli had put together an awesome team.

Stop reading his tripe and think for yourself.

I've never needed Pete to gather my thoughts for me, and I'm sure you already know that... but its certainly nice to see when national voices start to take notice of this team.

It means they're worthy of my time, it means they're actually paying attention.

Gadzooks
09-09-2015, 06:00 PM

I know, i know, "But he's only a rookie, the season hasn't even started yet!".

Charger homers and radio hosts around here are full of excuses, mostly about him being a rookie.

But imo, running backs are either gifted or they're not. I understand that pass blocking can be developed, but the ability to run the ball should be evident right away.

He reminds me of Trent Richardson. Stutter, stutter, comes to a dead stop...tackled for a loss.

I'm not too worried about Gordon. He can be eased into the offense slowly with Oliver and Woodhead taking the bulk of the carries at first.

To me, the problems Gordon has been having are based on the fact that he's used to running behind a dominant Wisconsin OL While the Chargers OL is improved from last year it's not the same. A little coaching up and he'll be fine.

Sure he had a 2.3 rushing average but he was doing pretty well in yards after first contact.

Easy 6
09-09-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm not too worried about Gordon. He can be eased into the offense slowly with Oliver and Woodhead taking the bulk of the carries at first.

To me, the problems Gordon has been having are based on the fact that he's used to running behind a dominant Wisconsin OL While the Chargers OL is improved from last year it's not the same. A little coaching up and he'll be fine.

Sure he had a 2.3 rushing average but he was doing pretty well in yards after first contact.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yfAeMtcURg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
09-09-2015, 06:13 PM
but its certainly nice to see when national voices start to take notice of this team.

It means they're worthy of my time, it means they're actually paying attention.

And it means jack shit, as the Pioli era proved.

BossChief
09-09-2015, 06:21 PM

You might be able to sign Monte Ball and have an all bust Wisconsin backfield.

milkman
09-09-2015, 06:25 PM
You might be able to sign Monte Ball and have an all bust Wisconsin backfield.

All "Whisk"consin?

BossChief
09-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Lol

Reerun_KC
09-09-2015, 06:53 PM
My dashing good looks?

Exactly what I was thinking but something totally different.

notorious
09-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Exactly what I was thinking but something totally different.

http://noisewiki.com/wiki/images/9/99/ExplodingHead.GIF

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2015, 10:26 PM

Bug Bowl 2!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Knowmo just leapt off a Rocky Mountain cliff

Psyko Tek
09-09-2015, 11:22 PM
Meaningless. Win weeks 1 & 2 and it will gain credibility.

no fucking way we win week 2
we gotta beat the broncos, and the refs

shit might as well try to suspend Brady

Kiimo
09-09-2015, 11:56 PM
Any list that has the Bengals and Cardinals ahead of the Chiefs should be burned for kindling.

jonzie04
09-11-2015, 05:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525860/article/spoiler-alert-week-1-get-the-nfl-scores-of-tomorrow-today

Dameshek has us going 12-4 winning the AFCCG over the Steelers, and losing to Seattle in the SB.

Guy might be a bit crazy, but it's nice to get a little love.

Gadzooks
09-11-2015, 05:58 PM
I like Dameshek for the most part but his opinions are about as educated as his buddy Bill Simmons.

How these 2 needled there way into their respective jobs at the NFL and ESPN is a mystery. Sure they have the same agent - James "Baby Doll" Dixon. who also represents Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, Adam Carolla & Jon Stewart.

Simmons begot Grantland which begot Barnwell the idiotic basement dweller..

Easy 6
09-11-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm giving up time and a half pay at work sunday to see this shiny new team... cant ****ing WAIT, money shmoney... its time for some Chiefs :arrow:

TEX
09-11-2015, 07:43 PM

They were like 9-4 or so at one point and managed to miss the playoffs. When they lost their last game, they still had a chance but Morten Anderson, then with Atlanta, missed like a 17 yard field goal and KC was out and Jax, of all teams, was in. Jax went into Den and upset the 13-3 Donx. CRAZY year that was...I still have that issue of SI by the way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2015, 08:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525860/article/spoiler-alert-week-1-get-the-nfl-scores-of-tomorrow-today

Dameshek has us going 12-4 winning the AFCCG over the Steelers, and losing to Seattle in the SB.

Guy might be a bit crazy, but it's nice to get a little love.

Came across SI's season preview today.

9/7.

Possibly better if the slim margin of error we possess is met.

Oh, and did anyone else know that Damon Huard and Dan Marino are running a winery together?

lol.

TEX
09-12-2015, 02:42 AM
I think # 7 is too high with the current state of the OL. Lose Sunday and Thurs and # 7 turns to # 17 quickly, with a trip to GB looming. At 0-3, #7 will be a distant memory... Preseason rankings are meaningless. IF KC is 2-0 this time next week, I'm in.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2015, 09:23 AM
I think # 7 is too high with the current state of the OL. Lose Sunday and Thurs and # 7 turns to # 17 quickly, with a trip to GB looming. At 0-3, #7 will be a distant memory... Preseason rankings are meaningless. IF KC is 2-0 this time next week, I'm in.

That happens the mule tools will be quiet and MIA