PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Practice Squad set

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 08:23 AM
http://www.chiefsdigest.com/chiefs-establish-10-man-practice-squad/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Chiefs officially have a 10-man practice squad.

ChiefsDigest.com previously reported through independent sources the signings of wide receivers Fred Williams and rookie Da’Ron Brown, defensive tackle Hebron Fangupo, rookie offensive lineman Daniel Munyer and rookie defensive lineman David Irving.

The Chiefs announced the remaining five signings as offensive lineman Jarrod Pughsley, fullback Spencer Ware, tackle Laurence Gibson, tight end Ross Travis and cornerback Jeremy Harris.

Brown, Williams, Fangupo, Munyer, Irving, Pughsley, Ware were waived as part of Saturday’s transactions to reach the initial 53-man roster. All players are familiar with the Chiefs after going through training camp and preseason games with the team.

Williams and Fangupo spent time on the Chiefs practice squad in 2014.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Glad we have Williams around for when Maclin gets hurt

MTG#10
09-09-2015, 08:26 AM
After Fred Williams' camp and preseason I'm really surprised nobody picked him up. Am I missing something?

Lzen
09-09-2015, 08:28 AM
After Fred Williams' camp and preseason I'm really surprised nobody picked him up. Am I missing something?

Yep. I wondered the same thing.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2015, 08:37 AM

We only had 2 players get picked up, 3 if Catapano ends up with the Jets.

apparently the league wasn't as impressed with our players as the fanbase is

InChiefsHeaven
09-09-2015, 08:41 AM

apparently the league wasn't as impressed with our players and the fanbase is

No fucking way!

Titty Meat
09-09-2015, 08:41 AM
SQUAD!

thabear04
09-09-2015, 08:55 AM

apparently the league wasn't as impressed with our players as the fanbase is

Catapano did join jets PS

Jets Sign DE Mike Catapano to Practice Squad

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-Sign-DE-Mike-Catapano-to-Practice-Squad/aa0a1d47-8911-420e-bd2e-c59da9fb2305

So we have 4 guys that went to different teams 2 on the roster and 2 on the PS

JMJ,Kush - Bucs

Catapano- Jets
Short - Seahawks.

rabblerouser
09-09-2015, 08:59 AM
Glad we have Williams around for when Maclin gets hurt

I'm glad Williams cleared waivers, period!!

BossChief
09-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Catapano did join jets PS

Jets Sign DE Mike Catapano to Practice Squad

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-Sign-DE-Mike-Catapano-to-Practice-Squad/aa0a1d47-8911-420e-bd2e-c59da9fb2305

So we have 4 guys that went to different teams 2 on the roster and 2 on the PS

JMJ,Kush - Bucs

Catapano- Jets
Short - Seahawks.

And we traded McCray to Seattle, too.

The Franchise
09-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Glad we kept Irving.

ChiefGator
09-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it really is great that we were able to keep Irving, Williams, Brown and Pughsley.

RealSNR
09-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Laurence Gibson is an interesting tackle prospect. Reminds me a lot of David Irving, only as an offensive lineman. Huge, but a little bit on the lean side.

Andy needs to feed him cheeseburgers, and he might be kind of good.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2015, 10:03 AM
What are the rules now ?

Now that the practice squads are set can another team still come pluck them away ?

BullJunkandIron
09-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Laurence Gibson is an interesting tackle prospect. Reminds me a lot of David Irving, only as an offensive lineman. Huge, but a little bit on the lean side.

Andy needs to feed him cheeseburgers, and he might be kind of good.

Andy ain't giving up no food. Duh

milkman
09-09-2015, 10:07 AM
What are the rules now ?

Now that the practice squads are set can another team still come pluck them away ?

Yes.

Saccopoo
09-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Yeah, it really is great that we were able to keep Irving, Williams, Brown and Pughsley.

This. I like the potential of all these guys and it's nice to see that the coaching staff made an effort to keep them learning.

saphojunkie
09-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Apparently, catching touchdown passes versus 2's and 3's just doesn't carry a lot of weight. Not sure who posted it, but someone pointed out that picking up a 27 year old journeyman with no regular season experience who doesn't know your system days before the season opener probably wasn't high on a lot of teams' TO-DO lists.

I'm happy that Irving is still around. Happy Fred Williams and Frankie Hammond are both still around. Happy Fangupo is there in case Poe's back acts up again.

And I'm happy Catapano is gone. Let him be someone else's great white hype. Perfect for the Jets.

DaFace
09-09-2015, 10:29 AM
What are the rules now ?

Yes, but you can't grab another team's PS players for your own PS. If you take someone's PS player, they have to be put on your own 53-man roster.

wasi
09-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Ross Travis is a true project! He hasn't played football for about 8 years!

Travis -- who played basketball for the Nittany Lions for four years and is third in school history in rebounding -- isn't much of an NBA Draft prospect, because he's a bit undersized for a power forward and only averaged 5.5 points and 6.3 rebounds a game last year.

he hasn't played football since he was a freshman in high school.

There is plenty of precedent for this: guys like San Diego tight end Antonio Gates, Seattle tight end Jimmy Graham, Green Bay defensive end Julius Peppers and former Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb all played basketball in college. However, Travis hasn't played football in years, while all of the aforementioned players played football in college, save for Gates, who gave up football after his senior year of high school.

Fortunately for Travis, he does have the size and athleticism to be a solid NFL tight end. We all know that he's a crazy athlete (sup, A.J. Hammons?), but his size (6'7") could make him a matchup nightmare, especially if he adds some weight to his 225-pound frame and can learn how to catch/block/run routes/do all the little things that tight ends do. Of course, he could play somewhere else on the field, but based on the report that he has worked with Christian Hackenberg, it's safe to assume that he wants to be a pass catcher at the next level.

All of us wish you the best of luck, Ross. We can't wait to buy your Pro Bowl jersey in five years.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2015/4/14/8416575/ross-travis-declares-for-2015-nfl-draft-penn-state-nittany-lions-pat-chambers

College Basketball player trying to convert to TE, similar to Harris. But this guy looks better at basketball than Harris.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Damn that's a Super Bowl practice squad.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know anything about
Laurence Gibson(OT)
Ross Travis(TE)
Jeremy Harris(CB)

I know nothing about any of them.

Of the entire PS, I'm as happy to see Spencer Ware as any of the others.

As for Fangupo, I didn't see anything in preseason but his ass getting thrown around.

milkman
09-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about
Laurence Gibson(OT)
Ross Travis(TE)
Jeremy Harris(CB)

I know nothing about any of them.

Of the entire PS, I'm as happy to see Spencer Ware as any of the others.

As for Fangupo, I didn't see anything in preseason but his ass getting thrown around.

Some of you people leave me scratching my head wondering what the hell you are watching.

COchief
09-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Some of you people leave me scratching my head wondering what the hell you are watching.

I gotta agree with cream-guzzler here, I saw him flash like a MFer on several occasions. Enough that I actually went and looked up who he was, which I pretty much never do.

Chiefaholic
09-09-2015, 06:58 PM
What are the rules now ?

Only if the player is added to their 53 man roster.

Bowser
09-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Glad we were able to hang on to Ware. He's a nice insurance policy to have if Sherman gets dinged up.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Please direct me to which game he delivered this magic. I recall only the first two games where he was autocorrected to Fantasia on my iPad and I thought it was appropriate because he was shoved out of the play every time I noticed him.

I think I have all the games on dvr. I will skim through it and look again. Was it game 4 scrub on scrub where he stood out , maybe two because it sure wasn't the first.

milkman
09-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Please direct me to which game he delivered this magic. I recall only the first two games where he was autocorrected to Fantasia on my iPad and I thought it was appropriate because he was shoved out of the play every time I noticed him.

I think I have all the games on dvr. I will skim through it and look again. Was it game 4 scrub on scrub where he stood out , maybe two because it sure wasn't the first.

I am not going to rewatch games just because you can't spot obvious flashes.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 07:43 PM
I just assumed you would have a memory of awe inspiring performances. Then I remembered it was probably after wheel of fortune.

Fangupo was so flashy that one of the nt needy teams scooped him right up.

I always want Chiefs players to be great, I just don't always agree. Larry the French still has me scratching my head.

Bowser
09-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Well, he did point out when that guy false started that one time....

milkman
09-09-2015, 07:49 PM
I just assumed you would have a memory of awe inspiring performances. Then I remembered it was probably after wheel of fortune.

I am sorry that you're just a useless dumbfuck who can't see what is right in front of him.

He flashed in every game.

You are the only stupid motherfucker that didn't see it.

I imagine that's because you're still busy at your Woody Harrelson as Mark Twain in Cheers impression.

Wilson8
09-09-2015, 08:18 PM
I thought Darrin Reaves might get a call from an NFL team in need of a PS back. He made some good catches (9 catches for 47 yards) and runs (30 for 106 yards) for the Chiefs in the preseason. He also had 2 preseason TDs.

KC with Charles, Davis, West, Sherman, and WR/RB Thomas on the team, made it tough for Spencer Ware and Darrin Reaves to make the roster.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 08:38 PM
You're skiptowne without the wit and less people skills. My guess is you share a shadow with Gilbert grapes mother you cottage cheese smelling tongue chewer. Maybe you can dump your colostomy bag or wring the cat piss out of your worlds #1 dad Tshirt before you fall asleep in your chair. Fuck yourself with a food stamp you bitter old cracker.

Is that what you're looking for? Hell, maybe when fangupo makes the pro bowl I can borrow that shirt to celebrate.

I am sorry that you're just a useless dumbfuck who can't see what is right in front of him.

I imagine that's because you're still busy at your Woody Harrelson as Mark Twain in Cheers impression.

milkman
09-09-2015, 09:01 PM
You're skiptowne without the wit and less people skills. My guess is you share a shadow with Gilbert grapes mother you cottage cheese smelling tongue chewer. Maybe you can dump your colostomy bag or wring the cat piss out of your worlds #1 dad Tshirt before you fall asleep in your chair. **** yourself with a food stamp you bitter old cracker.

Is that what you're looking for? Hell, maybe when fangupo makes the pro bowl I can borrow that shirt to celebrate.

Yeah, whatever, Floyd.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Sure thing frank gansz.

RustShack
09-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Bobby Sippio?

RealSNR
09-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Fangupo had a rough couple of drives against Arizona, but picked things up more and more as the preseason went on.

Iowanian
09-28-2015, 09:01 PM

I guess you can print this opinion of Dr Larry Tardiff and stuff it in your corn phone eh Lombardy LDT sucks.