PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Injury report for Chiefs/Texans

Mr. Laz
09-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Chiefs News (http://arrowheadaddict.com/category/chiefs-news/)
Chiefs vs. Texans: Good news on injury report

by Matt Verderame (http://arrowheadaddict.com/author/mattverderame/) <time datetime="2015-09-09 5:58 pm">30s ago</time>

The Kansas City Chiefs released their first injury report if the 2015 regular season, and it is very encouraging. After practice on Wednesday, the report was posted to KCChiefs.com (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-vs-Texans-Injury-Report/3112529e-4c5f-4e0c-98aa-db3590e491cf).

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2015/09/KC.png (http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2015/09/KC.png)

Whenever you have a player going through a full practice, there is a very good chance that he plays.

The main storyline here is Dontari Poe. Nobody thought it was possible that Poe would be able to play Week 1 against the Houston Texans, but it appears he will be able to go. Unless Poe has a setback, he should at least be in the rotation at nose tackle with Jaye Howard and Nick Williams.

Here is some video of Poe today at practice, per BJ Kissel of KCChiefs.com.
Good to see this guy back on the field today. @PoeMans_dream (https://twitter.com/PoeMans_dream) returns to #Chiefs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash) practice in full pads on Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/KmPGF0N307 (http://t.co/KmPGF0N307)
— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) September 9, 2015 (https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/641689393925787648)
Beyond Poe, we see that a quartet of receivers are going through full practices in De’Anthony Thomas, Chris Conley, Albert Wilson and Jason Avant. Jeff Allen appears to have lost his starting job to Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, but if he can be active, that is still a major plus. Should Duverynay-Tardif struggle, Allen could come in and provide relief. In addition, Travis Kelce and Eric Fisher appear fully healthy after a few scares while Josh Mauga should be ready to play alongside Derrick Johnson.

The main goal is always to escape the preseason without serious injuries, and Kansas City did exactly that.

On the other side, here is the injury report for the Texans:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2015/09/HOU.png (http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2015/09/HOU.png)

We already know that running back Arian Foster is going to miss the game after groin surgery. The main story here is Duane Brown, the Pro Bowl left tackle. Brown has been dealing with a hand injury, but head coach Bill O’Brien has said Brown will play. It will be interesting to see how Brown deals with Tamba Hali while dealing with a bad hand.

DaFace
09-09-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure I can recall a time when we've been this healthy going into the season (with the caveat that there are a handful of guys on IR obviously). Knock on wood that it continues.

KCrockaholic
09-09-2015, 04:08 PM
What's the word on Duane Brown? He'll probably play, but I wouldn't mind Hali taking advantage of him.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2015, 04:10 PM
What's the word on Duane Brown? He'll probably play, but I wouldn't mind Hali taking advantage of him.

I think he's been cleared for a while. But I agree.

The bigger story, to me, is their interior. Their interior is not going to be good this year.

ModSocks
09-09-2015, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't mind Hali taking advantage of him.

Football is a family sport and that kinda stuff is frowned upon....No one wants to see that.

Dante84
09-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Week 1 Hali should be able to rape. Hopefully he can sustain throughout the season.

milkman
09-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I think he's been cleared for a while. But I agree.

The bigger story, to me, is their interior. Their interior is not going to be good this year.

You keep saying that, Xavier Su'a-Filo has a chance to be a pretty damn good guard.

penbrook
09-09-2015, 05:02 PM
I told all you CP fucks that Poe would be back week 1 but no one believed me. So you all can go ahead and fuck right off!!

O.city
You keep saying that, Xavier Su'a-Filo has a chance to be a pretty damn good guard.

Is he a starter for them?

MotherfuckerJones
Poe full participant? Damn. Superman

Mr. Laz
09-09-2015, 05:09 PM
I told all you CP fucks that Poe would be back week 1 but no one believed me. So you all can go ahead and fuck right off!!LMAO

you seem nice

srvy
09-09-2015, 05:11 PM

Tough dude or that surgery isn't as nasty as sounds to me.

My guess lot of the first and a little of the second.

srvy
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Also noone wants been seen as a pussy in Berry's eyes.

milkman
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Is he a starter for them?

Haven't watched the Texans, but I think he was before injury.

I know he was a talented kid coming out last year, and was drafted high in the second round.

milkman
09-09-2015, 05:14 PM
I told all you CP ****s that Poe would be back week 1 but no one believed me. So you all can go ahead and **** right off!!

Did someone break your Barbie Doll?

staylor26
09-09-2015, 05:16 PM
The recent developments with Poe are unreal. Fantastic news.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Has a chance to be. But a question mark going into game 1. They also have an inexperienced center. I get that the Chiefs are going through the same things but hoyer, like all Patriot qbs, has proven to be horrendous under pressure.

ThaVirus
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM
I told all you CP ****s that Poe would be back week 1 but no one believed me. So you all can go ahead and **** right off!!

NO ONE CARES

BlackOp
09-09-2015, 05:18 PM

KC might think about saving him until the Denver game. Broncos are going to be tired on 3 days rest...

staylor26
09-09-2015, 05:25 PM
KC might think about saving him until the Denver game. Broncos are going to be tired on 3 days rest...

Especially Evan Mathis :evil:

tonyetony
09-09-2015, 05:31 PM
I really wish Foster was playing because all we'll hear after we kick their fucking ass is "The Chiefs didn't have to prepare or game plan for Arian Foster and we all know what a dynamic game changer he can be. The Chiefs dodged a bullet in week one! Blah blah blah....."

milkman
09-09-2015, 05:36 PM
I really wish Foster was playing because all we'll hear after we kick their ****ing ass is "The Chiefs didn't have to prepare or game plan for Arian Foster and we all know what a dynamic game changer he can be. The Chiefs dodged a bullet in week one! Blah blah blah....."

Why do we care?

tonyetony
09-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Why do we care?

You're right we shouldn't care but it just irritates me because it's so predictable. I also would like our run defense to be tested out of the gate because it was our weakness last year.

Jamie
09-09-2015, 05:47 PM

Even match-ups aside, playing him week 2 on short rest coming off surgery doesn't seem like the greatest idea.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-09-2015, 05:54 PM

One step ahead of you. I fucked off all day today.

NJChiefsFan
09-09-2015, 05:56 PM
You're right we shouldn't care but it just irritates me because it's so predictable. I also would like our run defense to be tested out of the gate because it was our weakness last year.

The Chiefs have a hard enough start to their season with the schedule. They get off with a positive record and they won't have to defend themselves. After the horrible start to last season, we should just be happy to get out of Houston with a win, no matter what roster they field.

Smed1065
09-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Even match-ups aside, playing him week 2 on short rest coming off surgery doesn't seem like the greatest idea.

Week 1 (very limited I imagine) to get some full speed playing time and knock some rust off.

Week 2 DESTROY mode!

:drool:

mcaj22
09-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Has a chance to be. But a question mark going into game 1. They also have an inexperienced center. I get that the Chiefs are going through the same things but hoyer, like all Patriot qbs, has proven to be horrendous under pressure.

and that's different from Alex Smith getting pressured every play by Watt, Wilfork, Clowney, etc how exactly?

It's going to come down to which defense's front 7 dominates either teams crappy offensive line wins the game.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Duane Brown is going to do the same thing with a bad hand that all tackles do against Hali. .....he will wrap Hali's knock with his elbow as he dips to go around him and hold.....but it won't be called.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2015, 07:31 PM
and that's different from Alex Smith getting pressured every play by Watt, Wilfork, Clowney, etc how exactly?

It's going to come down to which defense's front 7 dominates either teams crappy offensive line wins the game.

I completely disagree. Both front 7s will be disruptive. But one is used to pressure, the other isn't.

On the one side, you have the chiefs who can keep the Texans off guard with a running game. The offense won't be special but they won't make mistakes and have a mobile enough QB to escape pressure. Last year's ol was as bad as you'll ever see. This year's will be better.

On the other side, you have a bad running game and a QB who was really, really bad when his ol lost Joe Thomas and Alex Mack.

As I've said before, I hate game management but this is a game where it makes sense. If the chiefs play their game, they can rely on hoyer turnovers, field positions, and not making mistakes.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2015, 07:55 PM
I really wish Foster was playing because all we'll hear after we kick their fucking ass is "The Chiefs didn't have to prepare or game plan for Arian Foster and we all know what a dynamic game changer he can be. The Chiefs dodged a bullet in week one! Blah blah blah....."
just No ...

Worrying about winning and fuck the rest

The national sports media is never going to give a shit about a team in "flyover country". Let it go.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Duane Brown is going to do the same thing with a bad hand that all tackles do against Hali. .....he will wrap Hali's knock with his elbow as he dips to go around him and hold.....but it won't be called.

It should be called the Hali Chokehold

If they are never going to call it it might as well get some credit for dealing with it

Buehler445
09-09-2015, 09:22 PM

Is Foster any good anymore anyway?

Buehler445
09-09-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure I can recall a time when we've been this healthy going into the season (with the caveat that there are a handful of guys on IR obviously). Knock on wood that it continues.

If you just jinxed us I will kill you.

ThaVirus
09-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Foster is still really good

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Foster is really good.....when he's not recovering from a hamstring or groin surgery like now.

Buehler445
09-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Foster is still really good

Foster is really good.....when he's not recovering from a hamstring or groin surgery like now.

Yeah, OK. He was still pulling a pretty dang good YPC. How in the fuck has Houston been so bad when he pops better than 4 every game.

Iowanian
09-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Because they have had crappy QB play and foster is hurt half of the season.

ThaVirus
09-09-2015, 10:08 PM
It's a QB-driven league.

Jamaal went for over 1,500 yards at 5.3 YPC in 2012. We went 2-14.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Yeah, OK. He was still pulling a pretty dang good YPC. How in the fuck has Houston been so bad when he pops better than 4 every game.

33-20 with Foster 4.6 YPC

2-13 without him 3.1 YPC

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2015, 10:16 PM
It's a QB-driven league.

Jamaal went for over 1,500 yards at 5.3 YPC in 2012. We went 2-14.

They are pretty Reliant on him.

CoMoChief
09-09-2015, 11:52 PM
I wonder how much Poe will play? His football stamina has to be shit right now.

ThaVirus
09-10-2015, 12:17 AM
They are pretty Reliant on him.

I see what you did there, peej. I seeeeeeeeee.

Mav
09-10-2015, 12:40 AM

He looked like complete shit last year.

Mav
09-10-2015, 12:41 AM
Foster is always hurt

FYP

Mav
09-10-2015, 12:43 AM
I completely disagree. Both front 7s will be disruptive. But one is used to pressure, the other isn't.

On the one side, you have the chiefs who can keep the Texans off guard with a running game. The offense won't be special but they won't make mistakes and have a mobile enough QB to escape pressure. Last year's ol was as bad as you'll ever see. This year's will be better.

On the other side, you have a bad running game and a QB who was really, really bad when his ol lost Joe Thomas and Alex Mack.

As I've said before, I hate game management but this is a game where it makes sense. If the chiefs play their game, they can rely on hoyer turnovers, field positions, and not making mistakes.

Joe Thomas has never missed a snap in his career just so you know.

Psyko Tek
09-10-2015, 01:02 AM
I told all you CP fucks that Poe would be back week 1 but no one believed me. So you all can go ahead and fuck right off!!

I am concerned about this, he played damn neart every down last year and if he is hurt, he could get reall injured

TEX
09-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Yeah, OK. He was still pulling a pretty dang good YPC. How in the **** has Houston been so bad when he pops better than 4 every game.

One losing season out of the past 4 and only 2 out of last 8 is bad? :shrug:

TEX
09-10-2015, 06:28 AM
I really wish Foster was playing because all we'll hear after we kick their ****ing ass is "The Chiefs didn't have to prepare or game plan for Arian Foster and we all know what a dynamic game changer he can be. The Chiefs dodged a bullet in week one! Blah blah blah....."

Could be worse. What if the Texans win?

TEX
09-10-2015, 06:36 AM

Yep, BUT the one that REALLY hurts, and that is not injury related, (but is STUPID RELATED) is that Sean Smith is missing. All it takes is a play here and there to change a game. When ya gotta have it, throw to the rookie's side. Gonna happen. I could just bitch slap him for being so stupid and letting his team, and the fans, down. :shake:

Mr. Laz
09-10-2015, 10:05 AM
I wonder how much Poe will play? His football stamina has to be shit right now.

We'll rotate the Dline so Poe should only get 90 plays or so /Sutton