PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Injury update: Good News/ Bad News

Chiefnj2
09-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Good news - Poe is Probable.

Bad News - Fisher is questionable.

Are we looking at Jah Reid playing RT??

Player Pos. Injury Participation Wednesday Participation Thursday Participation Friday Friday Status
Jeff Allen G Knee FP FP FP Questionable
Jason Avant WR Hip FP FP FP Probable
Chris Conley WR Knee FP FP FP Probable
Eric Fisher T Ankle FP FP FP Questionable
Demetrius Harris TE Foot FP FP FP Probable
Travis Kelce TE Ankle FP FP FP Probable
Josh Mauga LB Achilles FP FP FP Probable
Rakeem Nunez-Roches DE Ankle FP FP FP Probable
Dontari Poe NT Lower Back FP FP FP Probable
De'Anthony Thomas WR Calf FP FP FP Probable
Albert Wilson WR Shoulder FP FP FP Probable

Hammock Parties
09-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Watch Jah Reid steal the RT job outright. LMAO

TEX
09-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Fisher is such an injury-prone - pussy it wouldn't surprise me if he can't go and/or misses significant playing time in the game.

Titty Meat
09-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Whatever happened to "If this were a regular season game" Fisher and Allen could play?

Hammock Parties
09-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Fisher is such an injury-prone - pussy it wouldn't surprise me if he can't go and/or misses significant playing time in the game.

I think this is what's really going on.

Fisher's injury is lingering and he's not ready for the regular season.

Hence, Stephenson stays at LT.

Chiefs sign Jah Reid, and try to fake the Texans out by saying Fisher is the starter at RT.

Chiefnj2
09-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Reid or a banged up Fisher next to a very raw RG. Wow. Could get ugly. Then again, a team like NE lines up rookies and they don't miss a step. Lets see how good KC's coaching staff is.

Buehler445
09-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Reid or a banged up Fisher next to a very raw RG. Wow. Could get ugly. Then again, a team like NE lines up rookies and they don't miss a step. Lets see how good KC's coaching staff is.

To be fair, Pitt's pass rush is not JJ Watt.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Reid or a banged up Fisher next to a very raw RG. Wow. Could get ugly.

JJ Watt isn't even going to bother lining up on Grubbs side.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-11-2015, 04:10 PM
It's misinformation to keep the Texans from nailing down their game plan.

TEX
09-11-2015, 04:12 PM

THAT would be a DISASTER! :eek:

TEX
09-11-2015, 04:14 PM

Chiefs sign Jah Reid, and try to fake the Texans out by saying Fisher is the starter at RT.

The thought did cross my mind, but then I remembered that NFL teams never try and trick their opponent, and dismissed it as me simply being paranoid that Fish wasn't ready to go (because of pussyidus) ...:rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2015, 04:27 PM

You know who was even more injury prone? Yeah, Brandon Albert. I liked him, but fuck that dude was always getting dinged.

Fisher didn't miss a start last season. He missed 2 his rookie season, but that could have been because he was sucking ass.

JFC if we could collect all of the tears that people have cried over Fisher, the drought in California would be over... :)

TEX
09-11-2015, 05:04 PM
You know who was even more injury prone? Yeah, Brandon Albert. I liked him, but **** that dude was always getting dinged.

Fisher didn't miss a start last season. He missed 2 his rookie season, but that could have been because he was sucking ass.

JFC if we could collect all of the tears that people have cried over Fisher, the drought in California would be over... :)

Yep. To be fair, I'm just down on the guy because I've been on his side since day 1. This was to be his year..yada...yada...yada...He's now a RT and he's injured. Dude is soft.

mdchiefsfan
09-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Quite possible.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Yep. To be fair, I'm just down on the guy because I've been on his side since day 1. This was to be his year..yada...yada...yada...He's now a RT and he's injured. Dude is soft.

If he's a bust, he's a bust. Players bust all the time.

In fact, most Top 10 draft picks bust.

Brock
09-11-2015, 06:45 PM
The switch is making more and more sense all the time.

TEX
09-11-2015, 07:03 PM
The switch is making more and more sense all the time.

And why the Chiefs signed Reid...BIG TROUBLE if Fish cant go Sunday and we trot out LDT and Reid at RG & RT.

Holy shit that would suck!

Smed1065
09-11-2015, 07:25 PM

A post that might make sense. :hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2015, 07:33 PM
At least it won't be Fanaika

TEX
09-11-2015, 07:36 PM
At least it won't be Fanaika

LMAO Very true...But still...

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2015, 07:39 PM

I think Andy Reid knew how the media would react to Fisher being "demoted." I don't think he's going to lie about Fisher just to psych out the opponent.

RealSNR
09-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Jeff Allen would start if Fisher can't go. ONE of them has to be healthy

BossChief
09-11-2015, 08:05 PM
http://www.battleredblog.com/2015/9/11/9312101/houston-texans-injury-report-five-texans-ruled-out-for-chiefs-game

5 Texans ruled out for the game.

BossChief
09-11-2015, 08:05 PM

Reid said Fisher is ahead of Allen in recovery.

scho63
09-11-2015, 08:07 PM
High ankle sprains suck and can linger on and on....

TEX
09-11-2015, 08:32 PM

Yes, and they usually do. I've had several and they hurt like hell when u try and plant, cut, push off etc. Seem to last forever too. I cant imagine having to play OL, especially Tackle, with one.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2015, 08:42 PM

I bet, but most people don't have the same treatment available to them like NFL players do.

Molitoth
09-11-2015, 08:50 PM
If he's a bust, he's a bust. Players bust all the time.

In fact, most Top 10 draft picks bust.

Doesn't it make sense that they let a guy go (who wasn't a bust).... (that they traded UP to get)... in order to replace with a small school project at #1 overall?

Fucking dumbest draft pick in my history of watching this franchise.

truefan gif.

Fuck it.

cdcox
09-11-2015, 08:52 PM

Do you really think that it matters to JJ Watt whether he is lines up against Eric Fisher or Jah Reid? I'm pretty sure he looks at either one as a speed bump.

ThaVirus
09-11-2015, 08:57 PM
We really need him in week 2 to make Von Miller his bitch again.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Doesn't it make sense that they let a guy go (who wasn't a bust).... (that they traded UP to get)... in order to replace with a small school project at #1 overall?

truefan gif.

Fuck it.THEY didn't trade up to get Albert. Carl did.

DaneMcCloud
09-11-2015, 09:40 PM

truefan gif.

Fuck it.
Are you kidding?

Would you have rather paid Albert $47 million for nine games last season?

Wut?

ThaVirus
09-11-2015, 09:51 PM
I've moved on from Albert, but just because he got hurt in Miami doesn't mean he'd have gotten hurt here.

Same concept with Schwartz.

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2015, 10:00 PM
I've moved on from Albert, but just because he got hurt in Miami doesn't mean he'd have gotten hurt here.

Same concept with Schwartz.

I agree. However, it's silly for people to bitch about Fisher being soft when Albert was always coming out of games. Sure, most of the time he would return, but still.

ThaVirus
09-11-2015, 10:20 PM
I agree. However, it's silly for people to bitch about Fisher being soft when Albert was always coming out of games. Sure, most of the time he would return, but still.

There are several factors that play into that, I think. For one, during most of Albert's time here we sucked balls and had about 100 things to complain about before getting to Albert, we also had Stephenson stepping in quite nicely and rarely ever even missed Albert much IIRC, and Albert also wasn't draft at 1.1.

Simply Red
09-11-2015, 10:20 PM

think you can work in the Broom Rape gif soon?

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 12:08 AM
There are several factors that play into that, I think. For one, during most of Albert's time here we sucked balls and had about 100 things to complain about before getting to Albert, we also had Stephenson stepping in quite nicely and rarely ever even missed Albert much IIRC, and Albert also wasn't draft at 1.1 .
Which has dick to do with durability.

Why does everyone think 1.1 is some kind of magical number? I'm not doing it now but I bet there are more undrafted players who've made it in the NFL than solid players taken 1.1.

chiefzilla1501
09-12-2015, 12:13 AM
http://www.battleredblog.com/2015/9/11/9312101/houston-texans-injury-report-five-texans-ruled-out-for-chiefs-game

5 Texans ruled out for the game.

So the starting guard is out and they have a completely new center. And a left tackle who hasn't played a preseason snap. Not so good for a QB who was disastrously bad at the end of last year when he lost Mack and Joe Thomas.

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 01:18 AM
1990: Jeff George: Bust
1991: Russell Maryland: Solid
1992: Steve Emtman: Bust
1993: Drew Bledsoe: Solid
1994: Dan Wilkinson: Solid
1995: Ki-Jana Carter: Bust
1996: Keyshawn Johnson: Solid/Elite
1997: Orlando Pace: Elite
1998: Peyton Manning: Elite
1999: Tim Couch: Bust
2000: Courtney Brown: Bust
2001: Michael Vick: Meh
2002: David Carr: Bust
2003: Carson Palmer: Solid
2004: Eli Manning: Solid/Elite
2005: Alex Smith: Meh
2006: Mario Williams: Elite
2007: JaFatass: LOL
2008: Jake Long: Solid/Elite
2009: Matthew Stafford: Solid
2010: Sam Bradford: Incomplete
2011: Cam Newton: Incomplete/Solid
2012: Andrew Luck: Solid/Elite
2013: Eric Fisher: Meh/Incomplete
2014: Jadeveon Clowney: Incomplete
2015: Jameis Winston

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Have fun picking that apart.

I count as many Elite players as busts.

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 01:21 AM
Which has dick to do with durability.

Why does everyone think 1.1 is some kind of magical number? I'm not doing it now but I bet there are more undrafted players who've made it in the NFL than solid players taken 1.1.

It has everything to do with expectations

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 01:29 AM
http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/top_10_undrafted_free_agents_in_NFL_history/arian_foster_running_back_2009_present.html?state=stop

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 01:31 AM

Looking at the last 25 years, getting 1.1 right is not easy.

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 01:33 AM

You should not expect greatness with 1.1. You're fooling yourself if you do.

You just hope it works out, and they can actually play at this level.

TEX
09-12-2015, 02:50 AM
They both are soft players and to call it as such is not silly.

TEX
09-12-2015, 02:55 AM
So the starting guard is out and they have a completely new center. And a left tackle who hasn't played a preseason snap. Not so good for a QB who was disastrously bad at the end of last year when he lost Mack and Joe Thomas.

The "starting Guard who is out" was NEVER a starter. He was projected as such but got BEAT OUT in camp by Adams. So throw that one out.

You need to be concerned with KC's issues on the OL as they are far worse. Especially IF KC has to go with LDT and REID at RG & RT. IF thats the case that would mean that NOBODY has played one down in an NFL game from Center through RT..THAT's about as SCARY as it gets.

milkman
09-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Keyshawn Johnson never approached "elite".

O.city
09-12-2015, 06:51 AM
The "starting Guard who is out" was NEVER a starter. He was projected as such but got BEAT OUT in camp by Adams. So throw that one out.

You need to be concerned with KC's issues on the OL as they are far worse. Especially IF KC has to go with LDT and REID at RG & RT. IF thats the case that would mean that NOBODY has played one down in an NFL game from Center through RT..THAT's about as SCARY as it gets.

Reid started some games for the ravens

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Keyshawn Johnson never approached "elite".

I struggled with that a bit. He did have over 800 catches and 10,000 yards.

milkman
09-12-2015, 07:01 AM
I struggled with that a bit. He did have over 800 catches and 10,000 yards.

This is why I always say numbers mean jack.

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 07:14 AM
This is why I always say numbers mean jack.

Maybe, but sometimes numbers is all you have to judge a player.

TEX
09-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Reid started some games for the ravens

Sorry, in my PANIC I forgot about that... It still is not a great proposition but a tad better than the terrifying scenario I mentioned.

milkman
09-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Maybe, but sometimes numbers is all you have to judge a player.

If numbers is all you have, then you should not be making any judgements.

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2015, 08:11 AM
If numbers is all you have, then you should not be making any judgements.

Numbers are largely how these judgments are made. Without them it's simply an eye test. You need numbers to go with what you see.

chiefzilla1501
09-12-2015, 08:25 AM

Not that I don't believe you. But I haven't seen anything that indicates that Adams won the starting job. Most reports I've seen are that he has the job because su'a-filo filo is out. But in either event, you have two interior linemen in Houston who are playing completely new positions and a left tackle who hasn't played a preseason snap. So we aren't the only team with ol issues. Last I checked, the chiefs have a damn good front 7 too.

But more importantly, we have a rb and QB who are used to poor blocking. Houston has no running back and a QB who shits his pants under pressure. I don't know enough about the Houston defense but I'm seeing multiple lbs out which means the back 7 behind Wilfork may have some issues.

milkman
09-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Numbers are largely how these judgments are made. Without them it's simply an eye test. You need numbers to go with what you see.

I responded to your post which stated that numbers are sometimes the only thing we have to use to make a judgement.

I didn't think I would have to spell it out for you.

TEX
09-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Not that I don't believe you. But I haven't seen anything that indicates that Adams won the starting job. Most reports I've seen are that he has the job because su'a-filo filo is out. But in either event, you have two interior linemen in Houston who are playing completely new positions and a left tackle who hasn't played a preseason snap. So we aren't the only team with ol issues. Last I checked, the chiefs have a damn good front 7 too.

But more importantly, we have a rb and QB who are used to poor blocking. Houston has no running back and a QB who shits his pants under pressure. I don't know enough about the Houston defense but I'm seeing multiple lbs out which means the back 7 behind Wilfork may have some issues.

Trust me. I heard about it EVERY day on the radio. Do a search. Easy to find how disappointed the Texans were / are with their 2nd round Guard pick of last year. Adams was with the 1st team WEEK 2 of Camp. It was exactly like Kush. Dispute me.on other issues, not that one. You are completely wrong if you do. Adams won the job outright. Adams makes their OL better. Its not even debatable.

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 10:35 AM
I wish Tex would just become a Texans fan already

MTG#10
09-12-2015, 11:38 AM

He is, Im sure he's rooting for them to beat KC deep down.

aturnis
09-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Dude got rolled up on didn't he? Nothing anyone can do about that.

TEX
09-12-2015, 11:32 PM
He is, Im sure he's rooting for them to beat KC deep down.

ROFL You're truly clueless...

TEX
09-12-2015, 11:33 PM

Just setting the record straight about Adams being named the starter.