PDA

View Full Version : Football Top 5 AFC teams

jjchieffan
09-12-2015, 07:44 AM
I was watching Inside the NFL this morning and they picked their top 5. One of them actually left the Colts out of their lineup. Both of them picked the donks and find in their top 5. I admit I'm a homer, but I think the Chiefs are in that group. My top 5. In no particular order, are the Colts, Pats, Chiefs, Ravens, and Bengals. I believe the wheels fall off in Dungver this year with the dropoff in Paydaytons arm. Are the Dolphins that improved? Should they be in my top 5? Who are your top 5?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2015, 07:46 AM
No. #frachiseQB

Why Not?
09-12-2015, 07:49 AM
I'm a "until proven otherwise" type of guy, so I would pull the Chiefs and add the Steelers to your list to create my top 5. Hopefully, by January, the Chiefs are on that list.

milkman
09-12-2015, 07:51 AM
The AFC, as I look at it, is really down.

Until the season gets fully underway, I'd have to say that it's the Patriots, and then everyone else.

If things fall as I believe they will fall, I think the Chiefs will be in that top 5.

I think the others will most likely be the Colts, Ravens, and Broncos, even with a diminished Manning.

jimidollar
09-12-2015, 07:56 AM
I think the only sure things right now are the Patriots and the Colts. Everything else is a toss up. The top 5 might surprise people at the end of the season.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Miami could make a move

RustShack
09-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Tier 1- Chiefs, Broncos, Colts, Pats,

Tier 2- Ravens, Dolphins, Steelers, Bengals.

ViperVisor
09-12-2015, 08:27 AM
The AFC North got to play a craptastic slate of teams in 2014

Cincinnati is the most solid team in that division getting some guys back to health for 2015.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Buffalo will have a top 5 defense. They have playmakers on offense. If they get an Alex Smith type QB performance they could be there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Why are people saying Baltimore this year? Are they fucking high?

Dunerdr
09-12-2015, 10:28 AM
I only loosely follow the Ravens but a good friend of mi e is a die hard. He seems to believe they are in a slow slide like the steelers as talent began to fall off over the last few years.

ModSocks
09-12-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm a "until proven otherwise" type of guy, so I would pull the Chiefs and add the Steelers to your list to create my top 5. Hopefully, by January, the Chiefs are on that list.

You saw that Steelers' secondary right?

Chiefnj2
09-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Until proven otherwise: Pats, Ravens, Colts, Broncos.

chasing the #5 spot: Dolphins, Bills, Bengals, Texans, Chiefs and Chargers

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Until proven otherwise: Pats, Ravens, Colts, Broncos.

chasing the #5 spot: Dolphins, Bills, Bengals, Texans, Chiefs and Chargers

I'd agree with this and throw the Steelers in the "chasing the #5 spot" group.

Their offense alone makes them dangerous. The defense will cost them if they make the playoffs, though. You can't win with that unit in January.

saphojunkie
09-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Ravens and steelers are vastly overrated this year.

My top five are:

Patriots
Colts
Chiefs
Broncos
Dolphins

Dolphins added weapons on offense and the only DL who could compare with Watt. They could be a serious wild card contender. Dev Parker is a perfect compliment to Landry, and Tannehill should have his storongest season.

Bengals will win AFC north.

Division winners:

Pats.
Chiefs.
bengals.
Colts.

Dolphins and ravens as wild cards.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Can we stop with this Ravens horse shit, please?

MTG#10
09-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Man y'all are way more optimistic than I am. With that schedule I'll be shocked if they win more than 9 or 10 games. Hope I'm wrong.

milkman
09-12-2015, 11:31 AM
I only loosely follow the Ravens but a good friend of mi e is a die hard. He seems to believe they are in a slow slide like the steelers as talent began to fall off over the last few years.

I wouldn't argue with your friend, but there really isn't a team ready to take their spot, unless Tyrod Taylor proves to be something more than a novelty in Buffalo.

I just can't buy into Miami with Joe Philben.

milkman
09-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Ravens and steelers are vastly overrated this year.

My top five are:

Patriots
Colts
Chiefs
Broncos
Dolphins

Dolphins added weapons on offense and the only DL who could compare with Watt. They could be a serious wild card contender. Dev Parker is a perfect compliment to Landry, and Tannehill should have his storongest season.

Bengals will win AFC north.

Division winners:

Pats.
Chiefs.
bengals.
Colts.

Dolphins and ravens as wild cards.

I can't put the Bengals up there with Dalton.

salame
09-12-2015, 11:33 AM
I was watching Inside the NFL this morning and they picked their top 5. One of them actually left the Colts out of their lineup. Both of them picked the donks and find in their top 5. I admit I'm a homer, but I think the Chiefs are in that group. My top 5. In no particular order, are the Colts, Pats, Chiefs, Ravens, and Bengals. I believe the wheels fall off in Dungver this year with the dropoff in Paydaytons arm. Are the Dolphins that improved? Should they be in my top 5? Who are your top 5?

why do you guys do this?
makes you look like a dumbass little kid

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Miami's got a ton of talent with a QB that's essentially a younger, slightly better version of Alex Smith.

They've got some good, young weapons on offense. Miller, Landry, Cameron, Parker.

Their defense should be great. Suh, Wake and Vernon on the line will be a nightmare.

threebag
09-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Why are people saying Baltimore this year? Are they fucking high?

Franchise Quaterback....... LMAO

Take Go Ravens with ya.

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 12:24 PM
The Ravens have a strong defense, a great offensive line, a good running game and a QB who's capable of getting hot at any time. Good coaching, too.

They're not flashy but they're going to win some football games.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Franchise Quaterback....... LMAO

Take Go Ravens with ya.

If you do not understand the difference between having a franchise QB, and having that QB put the team on his back vs having some hack and trying to fill in the holes with an "all star" supporting cast in a parity league, then I am sorry you find yourself mentally-challenged.

Good day, sir.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Denver's defense and running game alone is gonna make them a top 5 team. New England is #1 right now. Gotta have the Colts in there after their success lately. The last two spots are very debatable. KC, MIA, BAL, CIN are your major contenders for those two slots. SD, HOU, BUF, PIT are there too, maybe a slight step below.

jjchieffan
09-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Denver has a running game??? Since when?? The defense is good. Although I'm not sure it's going to be as good as expected. It all depends on the nose tackle in the 3-4 and I'm not sure that they have that covered sufficiently.

staylor26
09-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Denver has a running game??? Since when?? The defense is good. Although I'm not sure it's going to be as good as expected. It all depends on the nose tackle in the 3-4 and I'm not sure that they have that covered sufficiently.

They will have a running game with Kubiak. No doubt about that, but you're right about the NT and Dline in general. They don't have the personell up front to run a 3-4 and stop the run. That's going to be their weakness.

jjchieffan
09-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Just because Kubiak wants to pound the rock doesn't mean that their lackluster stable of running backs will be successful. Especially if old man Peytons arm is unable to stretch the field and keep the defense honest.

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 02:13 PM
They've been one of the better run stopping teams in the league for the past couple seasons.

I'll go ahead and assume that trend will continue until I see physical proof otherwise.

jjchieffan
09-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Yeah but that was as a 4-3 not a 3-4. Different personnel are needed to be successful. Not to mention, Everyone was always pass happy trying to keep up with Manning so they didn't really try to run much. If father time has indeed caught up with Manning and he plays like he did at the end of last year, teams will be able to stick to their running game and run it down their throats.

RunKC
09-12-2015, 02:21 PM
They've been one of the better run stopping teams in the league for the past couple seasons.

I'll go ahead and assume that trend will continue until I see physical proof otherwise.

Terrence Knighton was a huge part of that run defense and now he's gone.

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Not to mention, Everyone was always pass happy trying to keep up with Manning so they didn't really try to run much.

They were top 5 in YPC allowed in 2014. Top 10 in YPC allowed in 2013. Top 3 in YPC allowed in 2012.

New World Order
09-12-2015, 02:23 PM
I think Baltimore is a better team than we are, but we still crack the top 5.

Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Ravens, Chiefs

mcaj22
09-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Top 5 in the AFC until proven otherwise

Pats, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens

for those teams in the Chiefs, Dolphins, Buffalo tier they are going to have to prove to me they can beat any of the consistent AFC winners in the playoffs first, which hasnt happened for like 15-20 years so I'm not giving out free crowns to teams that look good on paper yet.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Must prove to mjac the mighty ROFL

staylor26
09-12-2015, 02:57 PM

So let's just ignore that they lost Knighton (their best run defender) and switched to a 3-4.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
If the Chiefs go 9/7 again, will that be considered "back to back winning seasons".

LMAO

Coochie liquor
09-12-2015, 03:16 PM
If the Chiefs go 9/7 again, will that be considered "back to back winning seasons".

LMAO

Back to back to back. Just enough to host a World Cup game!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Back to back to back. Just enough to host a World Cup game!

"Play Watchable Football".

ThaVirus
09-12-2015, 04:03 PM
So let's just ignore that they lost Knighton (their best run defender) and switched to a 3-4.

Given the fact that they've been a top 5 run defense for like 3 years running, yes. Until proven otherwise.

Coochie liquor
09-12-2015, 05:48 PM
I think Baltimore is a better team than we are, but we still crack the top 5.

Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Ravens, Chiefs

Who are you?? I remember about a year ago we weren't on the same page. Glad to see a little optimism in your thoughts for this year.

New World Order
09-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Who are you?? I remember about a year ago we weren't on the same page. Glad to see a little optimism in your thoughts for this year.

For sure. I'm excited and I think we can do some good things.

Marcellus
09-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Top 5 in the AFC until proven otherwise

Pats, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens

for those teams in the Chiefs, Dolphins, Buffalo tier they are going to have to prove to me they can beat any of the consistent AFC winners in the playoffs first, which hasnt happened for like 15-20 years so I'm not giving out free crowns to teams that look good on paper yet.

I have to agree. You have to beat the bully to be the bully.