PDA

View Full Version : Football What we learned week 1

Titty Meat
09-13-2015, 05:40 PM
This could be a fun weekly thread about what we learned about teams from week to week.

Mannings arm is done but Denver's defense is good.

The Chargers are still the Chargers

Raiders are still the Raiders

A lot of the Jets problems were Rex Ryan

Pete Carroll is a dumbass

Mariotta is a stud

RunKC
09-13-2015, 05:41 PM
The Colts defense still sucks

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Yet Buffalo thrives with Rex and wins a game that Marrone would never have won today.

notorious
09-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Yet Buffalo thrives with Rex and wins a game that Marrone would never have won today.

I might be the only person that thinks Rex is a good coach.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2015, 05:43 PM
The Texans have no QB

TimBone
09-13-2015, 05:43 PM
This could be a fun weekly thread about what we learned about teams from week to week.

Mariotta is a stud
I think by season's end, this post will be a great example of why we don't judge teams based on week 1.

Gadzooks
09-13-2015, 05:44 PM

Heh.

Titty Meat
09-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Rex might be a good coach though I would disagree because he doesn't value the QB position but much like Reid in Philly it got old and just needed a change of scenery

Titty Meat
09-13-2015, 05:45 PM
I think by season's end, this post will be a great example of why we don't judge teams based on week 1.

Absolutely

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2015, 05:47 PM

You're not the only one. I just gave him credit for being a huge part of upsetting indy.

notorious
09-13-2015, 05:49 PM
If Ryan was given a QB he might value the position.

He basically makes chicken salad out of chicken shit. We really don't know what he's capable of with better ingredients.

Titty Meat
09-13-2015, 05:51 PM
If Ryan was given a QB he might value the position.

He basically makes chicken salad out of chicken shit. We really don't know what he's capable of with better ingredients.

He's been a head coach for what 7 years now? I'd think he has some say in it. Look at the list of the qbs he's had I think it's a fair question.

Mav
09-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Rex might be a good coach though I would disagree because he doesn't value the QB position but much like Reid in Philly it got old and just needed a change of scenery

Disagree. They went and got tyrod Taylor who is perfect for Greg Roman. I love everything about that team.

Dave Lane
09-13-2015, 05:53 PM

I think Rex is good for an organization for 3-4 years then he needs to be shown the door.

Titty Meat
09-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Disagree. They went and got tyrod Taylor who is perfect for Greg Roman. I love everything about that team.

We'll see but I never thought Taylor was that good of a QB and Roman is kind of an idiot.

Mav
09-13-2015, 05:57 PM
We'll see but I never thought Taylor was that good of a QB and Roman is kind of an idiot.

Greg Roman was never the problem in San Francisco. It was Harbs. And I love Harbs but he never let Roman just go. He always micro managed. Rex appears to be leaving roman to it . We will see. Taylor is benefiting from the scheme.

BryanBusby
09-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Rex Ryan is a halfer. He can lead a solid team that's already pieced together, but he's not a builder.

tmax63
09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Denver's offense isn't that scary anymore but their defense has improved.

tboss27
09-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Eric Fisher's teammates (at least Sean Smith) think he's a little girl.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2015, 06:05 PM
I only saw the 1pm games:

Chuck Pagano is really overrated. Gotten throttled in 2 playoff games. Made the playoffs twice on a cupcake schedule in a really, really, really bad division.

Despite the score, the Browns should have beaten the Jets. You can't make this shit up because... Browns. McCown fumbles diving into the end zone. Browns pick Fitzpatrick, then Marshall rips the ball out from the guy. Take away the dumb mistakes and if McCown doesn't leave the game, the Browns should have won that one

The Bears' main issue was Trestman. Cutler isn't a great QB but he was a terrible fit for Trestman's offense and I think both guys knew it.

Ryan Tannehill looked like absolute dogshit. This is supposed to be the year where he really steps it up, and he didn't do that today

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2015, 06:06 PM

Wrong Shaun Smith. The Shaun Smith that called him out has never met Fisher in his life.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Reid is still Reid when trying to put a team away and leave no doubt.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2015, 06:09 PM

Chuck Pagano is really overrated. Gotten throttled in 2 playoff games. Made the playoffs twice on a cupcake schedule in a really, really, really bad division.

Despite the score, the Browns should have beaten the Jets. You can't make this shit up because... Browns. McCown fumbles diving into the end zone. Browns pick Fitzpatrick, then Marshall rips the ball out from the guy. Take away the dumb mistakes and if McCown doesn't leave the game, the Browns should have won that one

The Bears' main issue was Trestman. Cutler isn't a great QB but he was a terrible fit for Trestman's offense and I think both guys knew it.

Ryan Tannehill looked like absolute dogshit. This is supposed to be the year where he really steps it up, and he didn't do that today

Indy's best year was when Arians coached that team. I wanted him bad for the Chiefs, but I'm very happy with Reid. I'm not remotely shocked at how Arizona looks though. Pagano is a cancer to Indy in all honestly. Sorry. Too soon?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2015, 06:10 PM

:facepalm:

notorious
09-13-2015, 06:10 PM
We learned that Baltimore's offense lacks imagination.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-13-2015, 06:13 PM
The Colts defense still sucks

And Andrew Luck looks mortal against a quality defense.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-13-2015, 06:15 PM

And despite everything you just mentioned there are so many on this board that want to complain about Reid, Dorsey, and Smith. The fans that have been patient are going to be rewarded this season.

MahiMike
09-13-2015, 06:25 PM
I learned that the QBs in the jags panthers game will never win a SB.

MahiMike
09-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Also I relearned that in offense it's all about the scheme. Andy reid, chip kelly, etc. You know Andy scripted the 1st half.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2015, 06:45 PM
My head coach is passive-aggressive, and possibly mentally unstable.

Also, Flemming sucks balls and I might start being nicer to Sean Smith.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2015, 06:52 PM
And despite everything you just mentioned there are so many on this board that want to complain about Reid, Dorsey, and Smith. The fans that have been patient are going to be rewarded this season.

Yeah been a fan since 1988. Fuck patience and your face. Fucking win something meaningful so stupid fans will stop pumpingg sunshine up or asses with this rewarded horseshit

Reerun_KC
09-13-2015, 06:55 PM
My head coach is passive-aggressive, and possibly mentally unstable.

Also, Flemming sucks balls and I might start being nicer to Sean Smith.

Reid goes as his insulin goes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Reid goes as his insulin goes.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

I totally see your point now. I mean, I knew you were right, but now it just jumps off the screen and kicks you right in the nuts.

Ugh.

Marcellus
09-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Yeah been a fan since 1988. **** patience and your face. ****ing win something meaningful so stupid fans will stop pumpingg sunshine up or asses with this rewarded horseshit

Jesus dude slow your roll, we won today, enjoy it for a minute.

SAUTO
09-13-2015, 07:00 PM
We learned how nice a game thread could be without clay.

Another thanks to dole

Gadzooks
09-13-2015, 07:01 PM

The Chiefs beat a shitty team, yet, Reerun expects his Chiefs to demolish a shitty team. No harm in that.

Marcellus
09-13-2015, 07:02 PM
The Chiefs beat a shitty team, yet, Reerun expects his Chiefs to demolish a shitty team. No harm in that.

Except the Texans aren't a shitty team, it was on the road, and really it wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2015, 07:04 PM

:harumph:

It was a good day. Listened to take while helping daughter remodel house. Will watch the DVR tomorrow at lunch.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Our patchwork line did very well against a tough Texan's front.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2015, 07:09 PM

Mariotta is a stud

By the way, the Jets win wasn't convincing at all. They should have been getting crushed in the first half. The Jets won because the Browns... were the Browns. The Jets are probably still... the Jets.

Forgot to add one more thing... that Seahawk OL is atrocious. That team is going to have a bumpy road this year.

milkman
09-13-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't know that we learned anything today.

But I think we should have learned over the last 2 years is that the Seahawk defense is only as good as Bobby Wagner and Kam Chancelor.

Titty Meat
09-13-2015, 08:00 PM
I don't know that we learned anything today.

But I think we should have learned over the last 2 years is that the Seahawk defense is only as good as Bobby Wagner and Kam Chancelor.

That's an interesting take

Ming the Merciless
09-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Mike Riley has a hairy pussy

Ming the Merciless
09-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Kenan Allen is a bad ass

Peyton won't last the season

Ceej
09-13-2015, 08:14 PM
The Packers have terrible run defense.

Reid better be calling his number plenty in two weeks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Mike Riley has a hairy pussy

LMAO

Hootie
09-13-2015, 08:17 PM
the Manning thing reminds me of his first year in Denver when McCoy tried to run his offense instead of letting Manning do his thing ... predictably, Denver was terrible as was Manning ... and then in the 3rd game they fell down 21-0, at home, in prime time and Manning scrapped everything and went back to his no huddle offense and they rattled off like 9 straight scores, won, and didn't lose again

why do these coaches come in and decide to take Manning's offense away from him? I mean, it's so stupid

BryanBusby
09-13-2015, 08:25 PM
I didn't see much difference in the type of plays Denver ran. Just seemed like they were running it slowly.

No idea who decided to do this, but hope they don't stop it.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2015, 08:27 PM
the Manning thing reminds me of his first year in Denver when McCoy tried to run his offense instead of letting Manning do his thing ... predictably, Denver was terrible as was Manning ... and then in the 3rd game they fell down 21-0, at home, in prime time and Manning scrapped everything and went back to his no huddle offense and they rattled off like 9 straight scores, won, and didn't lose again

why do these coaches come in and decide to take Manning's offense away from him? I mean, it's so stupid

Maybe Manning thinks he can't run his offense anymore?

ThaVirus
09-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Suh is still a shithead

Rain Man
09-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Ryan Mallett has a live arm, unlike Peyton Manning.

Titty Meat
09-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Coughlin should have been fired after last year

Hoopsdoc
09-14-2015, 02:34 AM
Indy's best year was when Arians coached that team. I wanted him bad for the Chiefs, but I'm very happy with Reid. I'm not remotely shocked at how Arizona looks though. Pagano is a cancer to Indy in all honestly. Sorry. Too soon?

Yep, they let the wrong coach go, although they didn't really have a choice. Pagano was coming back from cancer and had only coached a few games at that point. There was no way of knowing what kind of coach he would be and PR precluded firing him for Arians anyway.

Hoopsdoc
09-14-2015, 02:36 AM

That team is good. We'll see if they can keep it up but I was impressed with Taylor yesterday. He was composed and accurate.

patteeu
09-14-2015, 07:39 AM

Insightful analysis.

and a lot of the Bills problems were not having Rex Ryan?

Buehler445
09-14-2015, 07:50 AM
That team is good. We'll see if they can keep it up but I was impressed with Taylor yesterday. He was composed and accurate.

Taylor rushed it 9 times. I didn't get the game, but if he's going to rush it 144 times, me thinks he can't keep it up because he'll be dead. Suh by himself will probably ensure that, if he's not suspended forever for hacking dudes apart with a machete he had stashed in his asscrack.

Titty Meat
09-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Insightful analysis.

and a lot of the Bills problems were not having Rex Ryan?

Read what I said about a change of scenery.

patteeu
09-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Read what I said about a change of scenery.

Yeah, I saw that. It makes some sense.

beach tribe
09-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Ryan Mallett has a live arm, unlike Peyton Manning.

I really thought that is what caught our guys off guard.

They don't see the ball move like that in practice.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2015, 08:32 AM
We learned:
1. Johnny football still isn't NFL ready.
2. Buffalo will not be a fun place to play.
3. Tannehill sucked against the lowly Redskins.
4. Gronk may set the NFL record for TD receptions in a season, but the Pats D looks suspect.
5. PFF's QB grading is bizarre giving Big Ben a higher score than Brady.
6. Pitt's D is terrible.
7. The Bengals are regular season super stars.
8. Teams should let Manning run his own offense the way he wants.
9. The Raiders look terrible.
10. Pac Man is still a thug.
11. The Giants clock management needs improvement.
12. The Cowboys will be less interesting without Dez for the next 6 weeks.
13. Rodgers is amazing, despite what Hootie thinks.
14. The Saints still have no defense.
15. The Chargers are scrappy.
16. Mariotta will be fun to watch.

lcarus
09-14-2015, 08:39 AM
I learned they still haven't fixed the stupid catch rule. Just change it back to 2 feet in bounds and complete control, with complete control being a judgement call. Maclin clearly had control long enough and 2 feet in.

Beef Supreme
09-14-2015, 08:42 AM
I learned they still haven't fixed the stupid catch rule. Just change it back to 2 feet in bounds and complete control, with complete control being a judgement call. Maclin clearly had control long enough and 2 feet in.

Seriously. Maclin caught the ball took three steps with it firmly in his possession, landed on his back, in bounds, with the ball firmly in his possession, then rolled out of bounds and the ball moved a little, but never touched the ground. It's fucking ridiculous that isn't a catch.

patteeu
09-14-2015, 08:45 AM

Seriously. Maclin caught the ball took three steps with it firmly in his possession, landed on his back, in bounds, with the ball firmly in his possession, then rolled out of bounds and the ball moved a little, but never touched the ground. It's fucking ridiculous that isn't a catch.

The same rule that prevented Calvin Johnson's "catch" in the endzone a few years ago applies here. Maclin didn't maintain possession to the ground and even though he prevented the ball from hitting the turf, by the time he finally possessed it, he was out of bounds. No catch.

Beef Supreme
09-14-2015, 08:47 AM
The same rule that prevented Calvin Johnson's "catch" in the endzone a few years ago applies here. Maclin didn't maintain possession to the ground and even though he prevented the ball from hitting the turf, by the time he finally possessed it, he was out of bounds. No catch.

Oh, I understand the fucking rule. It's just stupid.

Maclin was down, in bounds, with possession. Anything after that should be irrelevant.

bricks
09-14-2015, 08:54 AM
I hate this stupid rule where a receiver has to establish complete, full possession of the ball throughout the entire motion of when he first receives the ball to when he comes into contact with the ground. Why does it have to be so hard? You know how hard that is to do? And how many times these pros are ****ing up as a result.

The league has to change this rule. Ease the bearing, weight on these receivers shoulders please.

patteeu
09-14-2015, 09:00 AM
Oh, I understand the fucking rule. It's just stupid.

Maclin was down, in bounds, with possession. Anything after that should be irrelevant.

OK, I agree that that's the way the rule should be.

Beef Supreme
09-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Phillip Gaines puking on the field.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/COzU44SWgAAf5BD.mp4

Too stupid to embed.

Saccopoo
09-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Seriously. Maclin caught the ball took three steps with it firmly in his possession, landed on his back, in bounds, with the ball firmly in his possession, then rolled out of bounds and the ball moved a little, but never touched the ground. It's ****ing ridiculous that isn't a catch.

It was a bad call.

The lead umpire for our game wasn't very good.

ThaVirus
09-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Phillip Gaines puking on the field.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/COzU44SWgAAf5BD.mp4

Too stupid to embed.

LMAO

Wow. MOAR WIND SPRINTS!

sd4chiefs
09-14-2015, 12:11 PM

I am more worried about the Chargers than the Donkeys after their come from behind win yesterday.

Titty Meat
09-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Amazing how much alot of these offenses look behind with all these pre season games

Hammock Parties
09-14-2015, 10:29 PM
It was a bad call.

The lead umpire for our game wasn't very good.

Make up call for the two PIs that the Chiefs weren't flagged for.

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2015, 10:31 PM
They need to tweak this catch bullshit. That was catch by Maclin. Must expect these guys to get hit by a Mack truck and follow through with the catch.

TEX
09-15-2015, 06:17 AM
I am more worried about the Chargers than the Donkeys after their come from behind win yesterday.

Yep. No way they should have won that game down 21-3, BUT they did. Weird things like that tend to happen when its gonna be a good season. Unless you're the Chiefs. Then it just means that you're gonna get it two-fold the other way in the games to come.

TEX
09-15-2015, 06:27 AM
They need to tweak this catch bullshit. That was catch by Maclin. Must expect these guys to get hit by a Mack truck and follow through with the catch.

You got that right! THAT WAS A CATCH. It happened right in front of me. I saw the replay on the NRG Stadium big screen and it sure looked like Maclin came down with the ball and WAS TOUCHED BY THE DEFENDER. Should have been ruled "Down by contact." THEN the ball moved a little (after down by contact) and he regained complete control when partially out of bounds. In fact many Texan fans in my section saw it that way too. I really think it was a make-up call.

scho63
09-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Make up call for the two PIs that the Chiefs weren't flagged for.

Neither one was a PI. 2nd one was close but first one was totally uncatchable and a good non-call.

The refs need to let the DB's have a little leeway instead of any tiny tap being a PI when the WR cries like a soccer bitch. :harumph:

TEX
09-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Neither one was a PI. 2nd one was close but first one was totally uncatchable and a good non-call.

The refs need to let the DB's have a little leeway instead of any tiny tap being a PI when the WR cries like a soccer bitch. :harumph:

You might have a good case. They were not as cut and dry as Hou fans are making them out to be. The first one was a terrible pass thrown behind the WR. The 2nd was just like the Bowe non-call in the playoff loss to the Colts in '13. I've seen both types called and not called before. I'm with you though, you gotta let these DB's play b/c the rules are so stacked against them and against defense in general.