PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Derrick Johnson hasn't lost a step

Chromatic
09-16-2015, 01:17 AM
<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/vf9R" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" height="480" width="854"></iframe>

suzzer99
09-16-2015, 01:37 AM
Awesome work!

Chromatic
09-16-2015, 01:40 AM
A lot of those plays he stopped for 1-2 yards would have gone for 4 or more last year. We were gashed quite a bit.

Dude is a rock.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2015, 03:50 AM
Everyone talks about drafting MOAR fatties, but the Chiefs need to be on the lookout for an MLB to train. DJ has been great for us, but he and Charles are the last of Herm's Mohicans, and time is going to catch up.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2015, 04:33 AM
Everyone talks about drafting MOAR fatties, but the Chiefs need to be on the lookout for an MLB to train. DJ has been great for us, but he and Charles are the last of Herm's Mohicans, and time is going to catch up.
Derek was dv's draft pick silky.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2015, 06:09 AM
Derek was dv's draft pick silky.

I'm feeling silky. Are you feeling silky too?

Fansy the Famous Bard
09-16-2015, 06:27 AM
DJ has such incredible instincts.

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2015, 06:29 AM
Excellent game 1 for DJ. If they don't extend him for a 2-3 yr deal this yr, then I hope they at least have a mutual agreement behind the scenes that he is sticking around a bit longer.

I have no idea if Wilson, DJA, or March will truly develop into quality starters. Or what about Mauga? Did he stand out to anyone as decent in week 1? PFF gave him a slightly negative grade (-1.1), but yeah... PFF.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2015, 06:31 AM
Excellent game 1 for DJ. If they don't extend him for a 2-3 yr deal this yr, then I hope they at least have a mutual agreement behind the scenes that he is sticking around a bit longer.

I have no idea if Wilson, DJA, or March will truly develop into quality starters. Or what about Mauga? Did he stand out to anyone as decent in week 1? PFF gave him a slightly negative grade (-1.1), but yeah... PFF.

I would rather shoot myself in the dick than count on Ma-g00-a.

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2015, 06:36 AM

I'm no fan of him either, but I think it's possible that his game can improve a bit as time goes on. Since they bothered to sign him to a 3 yr deal, maybe they think it's possible too. At least they ca bail on that deal next yr for fairly minimal dead money. I have to think KC will be in much better shape on dead cap in the next offseason.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2015, 06:37 AM
I'm no fan of him either, but I think it's possible that his game can improve a bit as time goes on. Since they bothered to sign him to a 3 yr deal, maybe they think it's possible too. At least they ca bail on that deal next yr for fairly minimal dead money. I have to think KC will be in much better shape on dead cap in the next offseason.

He's okay as depth, but watching him fly solo last year was fucking painful.

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2015, 06:38 AM
He's okay as depth, but watching him fly solo last year was ****ing painful.

I thought JMJ was worse... but yeah, neither starter-worthy.

Perineum Ripper
09-16-2015, 06:44 AM
It's crazy watching him..he has 3 or 4 steps towards the ball before Muaga mover towards the ball..makes me have the biggest red and gold boner

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2015, 06:52 AM

Oh, and that would be awesome for every woman on Earth if you would!!!!

DOOOOO IT!

( too late to slip that childish CP-ish insult in???? )

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2015, 06:58 AM
Oh, and that would be awesome for every woman on Earth if you would!!!!

DOOOOO IT!

( too late to slip that childish CP-ish insult in???? )

:harumph:

CoMoChief
09-16-2015, 07:59 AM
Mauga sucks.

This team has been searching for another ILB and they STILL after about 6 yrs still haven't found that guy.

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2015, 08:08 AM
Mauga sucks.

This team has been searching for another ILB and they STILL after about 6 yrs still haven't found that guy.Are you really gonna cry about this considering who our other 3 LBs are?

Good LBs are not easy to find. Sure, we'd all like to have something better than Mauga, but no team has Pro-bowlers at every position.

scho63
09-16-2015, 08:11 AM
That was sweet! So glad him and DeVito are back. Are YPR on defense should drop by at least .5 yards/ carry this year.

Simply Red
09-16-2015, 08:15 AM
I think he's 'collectively' CP's favorite Chief - say the past 6 or 7 yrs. Comes to play every week. Very underrated.

CoMoChief
09-16-2015, 08:26 AM
Are you really gonna cry about this considering who our other 3 LBs are?

Good LBs are not easy to find. Sure, we'd all like to have something better than Mauga, but no team has Pro-bowlers at every position.

im gonna bitch about the other starting ILB. I'm not asking for ProBowlers at every position. I dont care who's 2nd or 3rd string because this team is fucked if they lose DJ again.

Mauga is not a solid starter. Mauga sucks. So did Belcher, Joe Mays was actually ok until he was injured. Not sure when this TC star Justin March is supposed to have surgery or return but I suppose he's gonna be out for the majority of the season if not for the whole thing. The position needs an upgrade at the other ILB starting slot.

CoMoChief
09-16-2015, 08:28 AM
I just can't wait til we get all the pieces back and start gelling...Poe gets his football legs back under him, same w/ Berry and DJ - knock the rust off, and when Sean Smith comes back, get Phillip Gaines out of that #2 CB slot. This team will be nasty on the defensive side of the ball.

O.city
09-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Como and his football takes.

Pablo
09-16-2015, 08:33 AM
I think he's 'collectively' CP's favorite Chief - say the past 6 or 7 yrs. Comes to play every week. Very underrated.He's a guy that just produces when he's on the field. Steady as she goes with the ability to change games as well.

Really, really, really glad to see him back and looking healthy.

Might have to buy a DJ jersey when he hangs them up.

royalschiefs
09-16-2015, 08:37 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwZJiPlCUAEt7aw.jpg

jonzie04
09-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Scooby scooby doo. I'd love to take Scooby in the upcoming draft.

royalschiefs
09-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Scooby scooby doo. I'd love to take Scooby in the upcoming draft.

youtube.com/watch?v=y2KSNwgihMI

:D:D:D

xztop123
09-16-2015, 09:16 AM
he avoids blockers really well and has long arms to come in from weird angles

Pablo
09-16-2015, 09:18 AM
he avoids blockers really well and has long arms to come in from weird anglesHe really sticks his chin in there on every running play. Gotta love a guy like that.

DJ's left nut
09-16-2015, 09:21 AM
He's a guy that just produces when he's on the field. Steady as she goes with the ability to change games as well.

Really, really, really glad to see him back and looking healthy.

Might have to buy a DJ jersey when he hangs them up.

I loved DJ when loving DJ wasn't cool...

DJ's left nut
09-16-2015, 09:25 AM
he avoids blockers really well and has long arms to come in from weird angles

It's funny - coming out of college the knock on him was that he wouldn't engage blockers and too often looked for ways to pick through the pile or go around them. It was cited as a reason why he couldn't ever be a pass rusher.

Perhaps that's why he was less effective in a 4-3? I really don't know.

In either event, what was seen as a knock on him then is almost certainly his greatest strength now. He made 3 or 4 plays last week where he made just a slight move - an almost imperceptible shift - and was able to simple slide by a blocker and knife into the backfield because of it.

The guy's just smart as hell and has taken a perceived flaw and honed it to become one of the best interior linebackers in the game. Had he come into a good team running a 3-4 as a rookie, it's possible he has a HOF career arc. He'd have been Luke Kuechly before Kuechly.

rabblerouser
09-16-2015, 09:26 AM
im gonna bitch about the other starting ILB. I'm not asking for ProBowlers at every position. I dont care who's 2nd or 3rd string because this team is ****ed if they lose DJ again.

Mauga is not a solid starter. Mauga sucks. So did Belcher, Joe Mays was actually ok until he was injured. Not sure when this TC star Justin March is supposed to have surgery or return but I suppose he's gonna be out for the majority of the season if not for the whole thing. The position needs an upgrade at the other ILB starting slot.
This, 100%

If DJ gets hurt or even has to rake a breather, the dropout in run D is stunning.

O.city
09-16-2015, 09:28 AM
In shocked that if the chiefs lose a potential all pro at ilb their run D would suffer

rabblerouser
09-16-2015, 09:28 AM
<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/vf9R" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" height="480" width="854"></iframe>

Someone needs to ask the guy who posted this video if he's ever heard of youtube??

rabblerouser
09-16-2015, 09:29 AM
In shocked that if the chiefs lose a potential all pro at ilb their run D would suffer

I'm shocked that Chiefs know this, but have seemingly done absolutely nothing about it.

So there ya go.

The Franchise
09-16-2015, 09:31 AM
Easy.....draft this guy.

http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/jaylon-smith-danny-spond.jpg

O.city
09-16-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm shocked that Chiefs know this, but have seemingly done absolutely nothing about it.

So there ya go.

Well, they've brought in new linebackers every year, no?

rabblerouser
09-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Well, they've brought in new linebackers every year, no?

Like Mauga, JMJ and the like.

Aspengc8
09-16-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm glad DJ is back. Dude can cover too. Mauga looks so bad.. cant get off a block to save his life.

RunKC
09-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Easy.....draft this guy.

http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/jaylon-smith-danny-spond.jpg

What about Justin March?

The Franchise
09-16-2015, 09:43 AM
What about Justin March?

March can start next to him.

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2015, 09:58 AM
I mean, fuck Dorsey and Reid.

Why aren't there pro-bowl LBs walking the streets?

Name a defense that has a better LB corp than the Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2015, 10:01 AM

So there ya go.WTF are they supposed to do? Just like every other team, they bring guys in. And just like every other team, they pan out or they don't.

thabear04
09-16-2015, 10:07 AM
youtube.com/watch?v=y2KSNwgihMI

:D:D:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y2KSNwgihMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan
09-16-2015, 10:26 AM
I am looking forward to DJ breaking the All Time Chiefs Tackle record with a big sack on Manning.

Called it 2 weeks ago and still think it will happen this way.

saphojunkie
09-16-2015, 10:51 AM
He's no brandon siler.

thabear04
09-16-2015, 11:02 AM
He's no brandon siler.

Or Kendrell Bell.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-16-2015, 11:04 AM
Our team gave up a lot of yards/carry, continuing from where we were last season. I know it was just one game but I haven't seen improvement from last season.

Once we shore up the inside linebacker position we will have a defense that could easily allow just 10ppg or less a game

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2015, 11:27 AM
I know it was just one game but I haven't seen improvement from last season.

DJ's presence was clear and obvious. It was an improvement, but considering "the threat" of Hoyer/Mallett... the run D should have been better than it was so far. The Texans sure did shut down the KC run game in comparison, FFS.

... so there is room for improvement, no doubt. That improvement will have to come from whomever can upgrade Mauga.. because D.J. ain't the problem.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm feeling silky. Are you feeling silky too?

Have my lucky boxers on today.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2015, 11:46 AM

So there ya go.

Ramik Wilson, DJ Alexander and Justin March.

It's a shame that March tore a meniscus in preseason but Dorsey obviously knows that it's a position in need of upgrading. The problem is that there have been too many positions to address the past three seasons due to overall poor drafting during the last decade.

I'm sure he'll take care of it in 2016 but in the meantime, it may not be a position of strength but it's not a position of weakness, either.

DJ's left nut
09-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Ramik Wilson, DJ Alexander and Justin March.

It's a shame that March tore a meniscus in preseason but Dorsey obviously knows that it's a position in need of upgrading. The problem is that there have been too many positions to address the past three seasons due to overall poor drafting during the last decade.

I'm sure he'll take care of it in 2016 but in the meantime, it may not be a position of strength but it's not a position of weakness, either.

I'm always wary about player comparisons from coaches when it's comparing guys to superstars.

However, when they compare guys to just good players, I tend to think that's not just blowing smoke and that there's some honest assessing going on there.

So when Sutton compares March to Bart Scott, that means a ton to me.

Chromatic
09-16-2015, 01:38 PM
Someone needs to ask the guy who posted this video if he's ever heard of youtube??

youtube has software that can detect that clip and delete it within seconds.

Shaid
09-16-2015, 03:49 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/Bran_Man018/Orly.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4bjb_l6hkH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chromatic
09-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Any game or clips 2012 and beyond is generally caught by youtube's copyright software. It's programmed to pick up on colors, logos, game sounds, etc.

You can tweak the video in different areas to get around the software but if you're not skilled enough(GoChiefs is good at this) it ends up looking like shit and almost unwatchable.

That is why I use vid.me. Not many people use that site and it has no copyright software so I can upload vids up to 10 minutes long with no problems.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-16-2015, 04:50 PM
I mean, fuck Dorsey and Reid.

Why aren't there pro-bowl LBs walking the streets?

Name a defense that has a better LB corp than the Chiefs.

These guys DO get injured and retire, you know?

What a shame it would be for the Chiefs to pull themselves from the fatty feeding trough, and diligently seek a LB.

Oh god, why bother? I can hear it already:

"THERE WAZ NO ONE THERE"! "IT WAZ A WEEEK CLAZZ"!

Ugh.

Easy 6
09-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Cant watch what you posted for some reason, but I readily admit that I never envisioned him coming back so strong... his age, the severity of the injury, all led me to think he would probably be a shell of his former self.

So glad to be wrong, his abilities and veteran leadership will be the difference in a game or two... he's yet another guy like Hali who's been here through thick and thin, maintaining strong character along the way and deserves to be a Chief for life.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2015, 05:04 PM

Yeah, me, too. It's not like he said Luke Keuchly or Brian Urlacher or Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis.

I'll take Bart Scott every day of the week on this defense.

SAUTO
09-16-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm always wary about player comparisons from coaches when it's comparing guys to superstars.

However, when they compare guys to just good players, I tend to think that's not just blowing smoke and that there's some honest assessing going on there.

I never thought about it that way but it makes total sense.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2015, 07:29 PM
He's lost a step

But he's still very solid