PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Who are you starting in lieu of Peyton Manning?

cmh6476
09-17-2015, 07:12 AM
Let me preface this by saying yes I own Peyton Manning, but I am headed down to Arrowhead tonight and once I get there I will give two rat's asses about my fantasy team because tonight it's all about whooping some donkey ass.

Now with that said, I still have to make a decision because I drafted Peyton but I also have Eli Manning as my backup quarterback.

I think we are going to own Manning tonight. However, I have also seen him many times, with both the Colts and Donks come in and own us and make it seem, as loud as it was, that the noise factor wasn't even an issue. Still, he looked like ass against the Ravens, our D gave up some garbage points to the Texans in the second half but I'm feeling that Manning is going to shit himself tonight. We owe him a miserable outing at Arrowhead before he calls it a career.

And for those reasons, I think I just talked myself into starting Eli.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2015, 07:14 AM
GIMME' DAT' BALL, ELI!

Mile High Mania
09-17-2015, 07:14 AM
Enh, personally, I wouldn't start Peyton this week... especially if you have Eli facing the Falcons in NY. Bradford had over 300 yards, a TD and no INTs and their receiving options aren't as great as NY. That's a no-brainer this week.

cmh6476
09-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Enh, personally, I wouldn't start Peyton this week... especially if you have Eli facing the Falcons in NY. Bradford had over 300 yards, a TD and no INTs and their receiving options aren't as great as NY. That's a no-brainer this week.

Plus, Peyton's past his prime and isn't the same quarterback he once was, obviously.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Plus, Peyton's past his prime and isn't the same quarterback he once was, obviously.

If that were true, why did you draft him in fantasy... you likely took him in the top 3-4 rounds. You must suck at fantasy.

Old Dog
09-17-2015, 07:19 AM
If I had him, I would start him.

rico
09-17-2015, 07:22 AM
For this very reason, I picked up Nick Foles as a FA this week... Not only is Foles not playing vs. the Chiefs, but I think he will score more points vs. Washington than Peyton will vs. the Chiefs.

Teddy was my backup coming into this week, but I am not confident in him this week...so I dropped Breshad Perriman and picked up Foles and am hoping that nobody picks up Perriman in the next couple weeks...because I think the dude is going to be a beast when he is healthy.

cmh6476
09-17-2015, 07:24 AM
If that were true, why did you draft him in fantasy... you likely took him in the top 3-4 rounds. You must suck at fantasy.

Last pick in a 10-man league, took him 4.1. Next QBs to go were Roehtlisberger, Brady, and Brees.

1. Forte
2. Beckham, Jr.
3. Hopkins
4. Peyton

Had I known he was going to come out with a weak arm and look like shit I would have waited longer to get a QB.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2015, 07:34 AM
My only fantasy item giving me questions this week is what to do with WR#3... I have Kelce and Andre Johnson. It's a PPR league.

Kelce is the top option for Alex, but they're at home vs a good Denver defense.

Johnson and the Colts should rebound from a disaster in week 1 fairly well vs the Jets.

Decisions, decisions...

Dunerdr
09-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Better question why is DAT projected so high?

Nzoner
09-17-2015, 08:20 AM
No worries here I wouldn't have drafted him in the first place.

wazu
09-17-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm considering Foles against Washington. I've had Peyton in my keeper league and was hoping Bridgewater would get off to a better start. I'm not completely buying that Peyton suddenly got old, but I do think Kubiak may have fucked up big by installing his offense.

keg in kc
09-17-2015, 08:33 AM
If I still played fantasy and I had Peyton (which I wouldn't have, but hell I don't play fantasy anyway so it's not that big a stretch in imagination) I would still play him, because I want the Chiefs to win and karma is a bitch.

wazu
09-17-2015, 08:37 AM
If I still played fantasy and I had Peyton (which I wouldn't have, but hell I don't play fantasy anyway so it's not that big a stretch in imagination) I would still play him, because I want the Chiefs to win and karma is a bitch.

This is kinda where I'm at. My fear though is I'll play him, but he will suck AND Chiefs somehow lose. I'll probably play him though.

DC.chief
09-17-2015, 08:40 AM
I always grab my QB late. This year it ended up being tannehill but with my final pick in the draft I took Mariota. I actually started Mariota last week and what a call because I barely won.

I'm starting Mariota again this week vs the browns which is definitely risky but that guy is just special. Been a fan since he started with the Ducks. If he's a free agent I'd suggest picking him up. After last weeks performance though he is probably gone already

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2015, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't start Peyton regardless...he's not gonna get you the points.

edit: "wouldn't"

wazu
09-17-2015, 10:06 AM
I would start Peyton regardless...he's not gonna get you the points.

Are you familiar with how fantasy football works?

rico
09-17-2015, 10:25 AM
I'm considering Foles against Washington. I've had Peyton in my keeper league and was hoping Bridgewater would get off to a better start. I'm not completely buying that Peyton suddenly got old, but I do think Kubiak may have fucked up big by installing his offense.

Haha wow...same situation. I wonder if Foles can repeat 2013...?

Joshuabmayer
09-17-2015, 10:37 AM
I started Romo over peyton last week and was damn happy about it. I think I am starting Romo from here on out. Just don't trust manning and think the reports about his arm are true.

Plus Romo has the eagles. their defense sucks.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2015, 10:41 AM
I started Romo over peyton last week and was damn happy about it. I think I am starting Romo from here on out. Just don't trust manning and think the reports about his arm are true.

Plus Romo has the eagles. their defense sucks.

His arm is fine and no better or worse compared to this time last year. It's mental mistakes and accuracy. You can call that his arm if you want, but really it's mental. And mental due to age for sure.

Nzoner
09-17-2015, 10:56 AM
His arm is fine and no better or worse compared to this time last year. It's mental mistakes and accuracy. You can call that his arm if you want, but really it's mental. And mental due to age for sure.

When he gets a taste of that pass rush tonight it's going to be more than mental.

Fish
09-17-2015, 10:58 AM
An opponent in one of my leagues is playing both Peyton Manning and Broncos D against me this week. I'm really going to enjoy the smack after we rape Manning face.

MahiMike
09-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Peyton had his last good fantasy game last November. Cost me the championship . Reason #35 I hate Peyton .

ChiliConCarnage
09-17-2015, 11:09 AM
Yeah, but who are you playing in ******DRAFT KINGS******?

P.S. FanDuel DraftKings FanDuel

Stryker
09-17-2015, 11:11 AM
I had that bastard last year and won 9 games straight in my league #1! Then he took a downside turn at the end of the season and I watched my team fade off into next season :cuss:

I have Brady and Big Ben in one league and Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer in the other league. Staying the hell away from the Broncos in fantasy football!:thumb:

Old Dog
09-18-2015, 06:52 AM
oops

Reerun_KC
09-18-2015, 07:34 AM
WOW.... Just WOW...

wazu
09-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Well, I ended up playing Manning. So there's that at least.

cmh6476
09-18-2015, 07:46 AM
I didn't :(