PDA

View Full Version : Life If you are a CP member, sir...

Sully
09-17-2015, 11:23 PM
I let the game get to me. I let the people who sit in front of me, and who lessen my game experience get to me. I let a few accidents get to me. So when the guy behind me spilled his beer on me, I took it out on him and cut down a stranger with my words. As I vented and tried as hard as I could to hurt him because I was mad, I saw a look in his eyes that I'm not sure I'll forget. A look that said he was afraid, embarassed, humiliated. A look that said that I had inflicted the pain I sought, and a look that said he was truly sorry for his accident. And here's this jerk in front of him blowing it way out of proportion.
Don't ever believe the childhood chant that words don't hurt. They hurt. I hurt that man in front of his family, and I hurt myself for not living up to my own ideals.

He accepted my apology with grace, the guy who I had dismantled. I wouldn't blame him if he hadn't. I wish my apology, the tears I hid afterwards, and the weight on my heart made as much of a scene as my outburst. I hope his family saw the strength he had not to retaliate, but to calmly apologize and accept my apology.

I hope I never do that again...

notorious
09-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Word.

Terribilis
09-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Apology accepted.

a pp roach
09-17-2015, 11:26 PM
<3

Buehler445
09-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Sucks man. Good on you for realizing it was wrong and working to better yourself. Many wouldn't.

Saccopoo
09-17-2015, 11:30 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/Woc5F2s89MnLO/giphy.gif

ClevelandBronco
09-17-2015, 11:31 PM
For all you guys early in recovery, you can use this as a model for what a perfectly executed 10th step ought to look like.

Saccopoo
09-17-2015, 11:32 PM
For all you guys early in recovery, you can use this as a model for what a perfectly executed 10th step ought to look like.

Suck my dick.

Rain Man
09-17-2015, 11:33 PM
We all screw up sometimes. Even Jamaal Charles screws up sometimes. The solution is to come back stronger.

ClevelandBronco
09-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Suck my dick.

Can we assume you're still using pretty hard, then?

eDave
Don't underestimate the power of an apology. For him AND you.

Sorry is the hardest word.

Pasta Little Brioni
How many CPers broke their TV tonight?

eDave
09-17-2015, 11:37 PM

I might just check into recovery now. Thanks dude!

Saccopoo
09-17-2015, 11:41 PM
Can we assume you're still using pretty hard, then?

No, we can assume that with your being a fucking flaming phaggot that you'd enjoy brushing your teeth with a nice fat cock.

Enjoy the turnover fest win ass rammer.

Prison Bitch
09-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Even Jamaal Charles screws up sometimes. .

But only in big games

cosmo20002
09-18-2015, 12:00 AM
I let the game get to me. I let the people who sit in front of me, and who lessen my game experience get to me. I let a few accidents get to me. So when the guy behind me spilled his beer on me, I took it out on him and cut down a stranger with my words. As I vented and tried as hard as I could to hurt him because I was mad, I saw a look in his eyes that I'm not sure I'll forget. A look that said he was afraid, embarassed, humiliated. A look that said that I had inflicted the pain I sought, and a look that said he was truly sorry for his accident. And here's this jerk in front of him blowing it way out of proportion.
Don't ever believe the childhood chant that words don't hurt. They hurt. I hurt that man in front of his family, and I hurt myself for not living up to my own ideals.

He accepted my apology with grace, the guy who I had dismantled. I wouldn't blame him if he hadn't. I wish my apology, the tears I hid afterwards, and the weight on my heart made as much of a scene as my outburst. I hope his family saw the strength he had not to retaliate, but to calmly apologize and accept my apology.

But he did spill beer on you, right?
Geez, what'd you do...make fun of his disability and say you fucked his wife, and while his kids were sitting there?

Prison Bitch
09-18-2015, 12:01 AM
WTF is this? Group therapy?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-18-2015, 12:04 AM
That is a mean thing to say to PB

ChiTown
09-18-2015, 07:55 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/loss_for_words.gif

Pennywise
09-18-2015, 08:09 AM
A spilled beer should have been punishment enough.

Dave Lane
09-18-2015, 08:11 AM

You are a good man Sully. We all have times of best intentions that don't work.

Dave Lane
09-18-2015, 08:13 AM
How many CPers broke their TV tonight?

To busy laughing. After the shock wore off (a couple seconds) I laughed for an hour. Gallows humor at its best. Only the Chiefs could pull off that disaster.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-18-2015, 08:18 AM
It's OK Sully , You really didn't hurt my feelings because on the inside I was snickering knowing that it wasn't beer. And it wasn't intended for you anyway . I brought it for a Bronco fan.

Rasputin
09-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Lids. Lids for drinks would be a novel idea at a game. When I took my son to a Royals game this summer they did not provide a lid for our cup. So had to be extra careful carrying it back to our seats way up top in SS row lucky enough not to Jamaal all over the people I had to climb over to get to our seats. However I sat the cup down by our feet and of course it got spilled.

Royals Chiefs shame on you for not providing lids for cups that cost $15 freaking bucks.

BigMeatballDave
09-18-2015, 08:19 AM
To busy laughing. After the shock wore off (a couple seconds) I laughed for an hour. Gallows humor at its best. Only the Chiefs could pull off that disaster.

LMAO Exactly what I did. I woke up this morning and my first thought: Fuck, that actually happened. Then giggled. You have to laugh to keep your sanity.

Dartgod
09-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Sorry is the hardest word.

It's sad, so sad.

It's a sad, sad situation.

Saccopoo
09-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Lids. Lids for drinks would be a novel idea at a game. When I took my son to a Royals game this summer they did not provide a lid for our cup. So had to be extra careful carrying it back to our seats way up top in SS row lucky enough not to Jamaal all over the people I had to climb over to get to our seats. However I sat the cup down by our feet and of course it got spilled.

Royals Chiefs shame on you for not providing lids for cups that cost $15 freaking bucks.

http://replycandy.com/wp-content/uploads/Yoda-What-You-Did-There-See-It-I-Do.jpg