PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gaines on the outside and Nelson/Parker in the nickel?

Schnitzel
09-18-2015, 12:54 AM
I don't know why we didn't go for that line-up, at least late in the game. I don't know if Nelson is ready yet, but he can't be worse than Flemming. And if he isn't ready, Parker should still be able to play corner a little. We are very deep at safety anyway.

KCrockaholic
09-18-2015, 01:02 AM
If there was ever a game to give Parker a shot at outside CB, it was tonight. As bad as Parker is at times as a CB, he's nowhere near as bad as Fleming.

And no, I don't condone Parker as a nickel. Gaines, nickel, Parker, outside.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-18-2015, 05:09 AM
If Nelson was put on an island like Fleming, you'd get the same result. Not like guys were breaking wide open. Just bad coaching.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-18-2015, 05:10 AM
Nelson isn't very good, either.

Buehler445
09-18-2015, 06:54 AM
Nelson was inactive, Parker was bad at CB. That's why.

If anything, I'd put Gaines outside and Flemming in the nickel.

Guys, Flemming wasn't horrid. He just has no business being on an island against a guy like Sanders. Especially all motherfucking game.

mcaj22
09-18-2015, 06:57 AM
I don't know why our stupid idiot DC refuses to play 2 deep safety against Peyton and force him to make strong armed throws on the outside hash marks

he sat in single high all game, man to man with islands on the outside and no help over the top.

Just let the safeties help over the top and stop thinking you can beat Manning with man to man. Force him to throw into the open spots with his weak arm, not these easy slants in man to man when his WRs blow by our CBs.

BossChief
09-18-2015, 06:58 AM
After watching Fleming get destroyed last week and the first half this week, there was no excuse not to at least try something.

Marcus Cooper, Ron Parker....have a safety play over the top of Fleming and jump routes...anything.

It was sad to watch him get roasted on that final td, knowing it was coming.

mcaj22
09-18-2015, 06:59 AM
year 3 and Bob Sutton still refuses to make adjustments in the game flow.