PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why are the Chiefs not a run first team?

Aspengc8
09-18-2015, 05:54 AM
They have the best blocking fullback in the NFL and he didnt make an appearence until 4 minutes in the game? No I-form zone runs, no counters, no play-action to help the oline. Why is sherman even on the roster then? They have depth at running back so run the damn ball. Give alex 3rd and 3-5 so we have options and stop throwing on first down. I just cant figure out the bad play calling.

New World Order
09-18-2015, 05:55 AM
Because we are the Chiefs

Red Dawg
09-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Andy loves chucking the ball all over and for some reason thinks Alex can do just that.

I have no idea why.

Why Not?
09-18-2015, 05:59 AM
Didn't spend a lot of time watching the Eagles over the past 10 years before Reid got here, did you?

New World Order
09-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Didn't spend a lot of time watching the Eagles over the past 10 years before Reid got here, did you?

Why would we spend a lot of time watching a team from Phili?

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2015, 06:02 AM
I don't have complaints about run vs pass yesterday. I don't have an issue with not being run first yesterday because Peyton has torched us every time we tried to manage a game against him. We had quite a few runs on first down.

The problem yesterday was situational play calling. Not enough running in the red zone. Too many fucking svreen passes in the red zone. Horrible decision to pass to close the first half.

Aspengc8
09-18-2015, 06:03 AM

True.

dannybcaitlyn
09-18-2015, 06:04 AM
I really wish Reid would give up play calling duties.

Why Not?
09-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Why would we spend a lot of time watching a team from Phili?

My post was more sarcasm than actual question. The Eagles had a great running back as well and never gave him the ball either. Our overrated GM, who's dick everyone wants to suck purely because he is not Scott Pioli, brought in a coach garunteed to not appropriately utilize our best player(last night aside).

chiefzilla1501
09-18-2015, 06:12 AM
My post was more sarcasm than actual question. The Eagles had a great running back as well and never gave him the ball either. Our overrated GM, who's dick everyone wants to suck purely because he is not Scott Pioli, brought in a coach garunteed to not appropriately utilize our best player(last night aside).

He had 21 carries yesterday and knife had a few. I disagree that the chiefs are ignoring the run.

J Diddy
09-18-2015, 06:12 AM
I don't have complaints about run vs pass yesterday. I don't have an issue with not being run first yesterday because Peyton has torched us every time we tried to manage a game against him. We had quite a few runs on first down.

The problem yesterday was situational play calling. Not enough running in the red zone. Too many ****ing svreen passes in the red zone. Horrible decision to pass to close the first half.

Unless it was a touchdown. Then it would have been brilliant.

Red Dawg
09-18-2015, 06:14 AM
A pass happy offense only works if you have the personnel to do it. We do not have the QB nor the WR's to pull it off. Mac is good, Kelce good but who else? Avant and Wilson do nothing. DAT nothing and Conley has not seen the field much.

I said at seasons start the OL will spend this year building continuity and we need to find a second WR. Conley may be it next season but he needs more training.

Why Not?
09-18-2015, 06:26 AM
He had 21 carries yesterday and knife had a few. I disagree that the chiefs are ignoring the run.

Sometimes it's not how many carries but when they are called that is important. Denver gonna stuff one of the leagues best runners or a bulldozer in Knile Davis at the 2 yard line 2 or 3 times in a row? Good for them, tip of the cap. But we'll never know because our coach called for 3 passes, which all happened to be behind the line of scrimmage

Aspengc8
09-18-2015, 07:16 AM

It's how and when they are running it is the problem. Too much shotgun not enough under center with the right personnel. Not even sure if I saw sherman in before the 4th quarter. Where was the play action with boot/waggle?

notorious
09-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Kubiak's philosophy would be PERFECT for this team.

Pound the ball, counters, bootlegs, a ton of throws to the tight end out of the bootleg.

Sigh.

dirk digler
09-18-2015, 07:18 AM
This team needs to be more run heavy and follow what the Pats did when they had both Gronx and the murderer. We have 2 very quick\fast TE's that can catch the ball so there is no reason not to have them on the field at the same time.

YayMike
09-18-2015, 07:19 AM
It's how and when they are running it is the problem. Too much shotgun not enough under center with the right personnel. Not even sure if I saw sherman in before the 4th quarter. Where was the play action with boot/waggle?

This.

Perhaps the o-line terrible play contributed, but no boots and terrible playcalling in strange situations was a key factor.

TEX
09-18-2015, 07:33 AM
"WHY aren't the Chiefs a run first team?" Two words : Andy Reid

Scorp
09-18-2015, 07:42 AM
ANDY REID has a track record of calling bad plays. Google it

BossChief
09-18-2015, 08:04 AM
We should have ran the ball 40+ times last night.

They couldn't stop us. We averaged 5ypc...but refused to run the ball on 1st and goal from the 2 yard line.

Nirvana58
09-18-2015, 08:18 AM

Well that argument might be valid if Reid wasn't hired BEFORE John Dorsey.

Saccopoo
09-18-2015, 08:28 AM
Kubiak's philosophy would be PERFECT for this team.

Pound the ball, counters, bootlegs, a ton of throws to the tight end out of the bootleg.

Sigh.

Kubiak's philosophy is so awesome that Manning basically told him to shove it up his ass last night because it hasn't worked once so far this season and ran what he wanted.

Reid called an okay game and he uses the short, screen type passes as an extension of the running game itself. When you have a back like Charles, who is a solid receiving option, getting him out into a little space gives the team the opportunity to break off some home run level plays versus the smash mouth, between the tackles stuff that apparently all the nostalgic early '90's fans around here are clamoring for.

The problem yesterday was the turn overs.

We beat those guys. You just can't keep giving them the ball back over and over, and tragically, it was the two guys who are usually pretty solid about not doing that in Smith and Charles. (And I'm not going into the whole subjective historical perspective of Jamaal and the fans perceptions of his ball security at this point.)

We really did beat them. You just can't give a good NFL team the ball again and again and expect to come out on the winning end.

I was miffed with the final score, but I'm encouraged by the fact that we were actually the better team on the field last night. You aren't going to win them all and while this one would have been sweet for a number of reasons, I'm encouraged for the rest of the season based on what I saw last night from the team as a whole.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 08:50 AM
I was miffed with the final score, but I'm encouraged by the fact that we were actually the better team on the field last night.

Ok, not being an a-hole here ... maybe I view things differently. One team's offense started off hot and ended ugly, the other team was the opposite.

Both defenses played a pretty badass game.

Why would you say KC was the better team?

3rd down conversions, turnovers, etc...

Saccopoo
09-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Ok, not being an a-hole here ... maybe I view things differently. One team's offense started off hot and ended ugly, the other team was the opposite.

Because the Doncos suck festered monkey cock and everyone knows that they are a fucking suckhole team. That's why.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Because the Doncos suck festered monkey cock and everyone knows that they are a ****ing suckhole team. That's why.

Ah... never mind.

Saccopoo
09-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Ah... never mind.

Exactly.

Beat it.

DaFace
09-18-2015, 08:54 AM
I really wish Reid would give up play calling duties.

Sad as it is, I agree. He seems to be a great locker room and practice field coach, and he's been great at building a team (though much of that obviously is due to Dorsey). But he just seems to call boneheaded plays all the time during games.

Unfortunately, I seem to recall a press conference recently where he said that calling plays is one of his favorite parts of the job, so I don't anticipate that's gonna change.

dirk digler
09-18-2015, 08:57 AM

I would say if the Chiefs didn't turn the ball over 5 times they would have won by double digits. But we choked as usual. Congrats on the win.

DaFace
09-18-2015, 08:58 AM

I thought it was a pretty even game, and wouldn't be as down on the loss if it had gone into OT. Broncos D is legit, and if Manning is back in his comfort zone of an offense, he's still Top 10 in the league.

It's just not easy to win games when you turn the ball over 5 times.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 08:59 AM
I would say if the Chiefs didn't turn the ball over 5 times they would have won by double digits. But we choked as usual. Congrats on the win.

There's no doubt the turnovers kept Denver in the game long enough for Manning to say screw this, we're going to shotgun... and then let him do his thing.

I don't know when you're up 14-0, you don't have two TEs, Charles and Davis out there to slug it out in effort to have 12 play drives to chew clock with short yardage. You have 4 guys that would be phenomenal at helping Smith destroy the clock 4 yards at a time. Just weird.

Saccopoo
09-18-2015, 09:00 AM

Don't answer him. If he can't figure out that they Chiefs gave up five fucking turnovers, but would rather discuss how awesome the Bronco's offense was going up against the worst cornerback in the league who dropped two fucking sure thing picks then he can go pound sand.

He's fucking fishing for a reach around.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 09:02 AM
I thought it was a pretty even game, and wouldn't be as down on the loss if it had gone into OT. Broncos D is legit, and if Manning is back in his comfort zone of an offense, he's still Top 10 in the league.

It's just not easy to win games when you turn the ball over 5 times.

I agree 100% ... I've watched them play 6 out of 8 quarters of football that were ugly as hell. It took 5 turnovers and a last minute defensive TD to avoid OT. (I do not know why they didn't just kneel)

Anyway, it was a defensive slugfest ... old school slobber knocker, just like many expected. Neither team is going deep into the playoffs with that kind of play from their teams as a whole though. Denver is hellasloppy right now... they got lucky and they know it. Manning has been sacked 7 times and hit about a dozen other times - a regular beating, that cannot continue.

Time to fix things, heal and get ready for Detroit.

dirk digler
09-18-2015, 09:03 AM
There's no doubt the turnovers kept Denver in the game long enough for Manning to say screw this, we're going to shotgun... and then let him do his thing.

I don't know when you're up 14-0, you don't have two TEs, Charles and Davis out there to slug it out in effort to have 12 play drives to chew clock with short yardage. You have 4 guys that would be phenomenal at helping Smith destroy the clock 4 yards at a time. Just weird.

It is not really all that weird considering who we have is our head coach. He is going to throw the ball any chance he gets even though we don't have a QB who is equipped to do that.

OctoberFart
09-18-2015, 09:04 AM
They have the best blocking fullback in the NFL and he didnt make an appearence until 4 minutes in the game? No I-form zone runs, no counters, no play-action to help the oline. Why is sherman even on the roster then? They have depth at running back so run the damn ball. Give alex 3rd and 3-5 so we have options and stop throwing on first down. I just cant figure out the bad play calling.

Really? Don't you know who your coach is? He loves to under utilize his RB's especially ones like Charles and throw the ball way too much.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Don't answer him. If he can't figure out that they Chiefs gave up five ****ing turnovers, but would rather discuss how awesome the Bronco's offense was going up against the worst cornerback in the league who dropped two ****ing sure thing picks then he can go pound sand.

He's ****ing fishing for a reach around.

Read into it whatever you like, but I don't think I said they were awesome last night... the Broncos thank the Chiefs offense for the gifts though, since it appears you believe it was all them and nothing that Denver did.

DaFace
09-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Don't answer him. If he can't figure out that they Chiefs gave up five fucking turnovers, but would rather discuss how awesome the Bronco's offense was going up against the worst cornerback in the league who dropped two fucking sure thing picks then he can go pound sand.

He's fucking fishing for a reach around.

The problem with your mentality here is just that it's disingenuous to say that the 5 turnovers are only due to the Chiefs ineptitude. The Broncos D clearly was focused on taking the ball away and did so well.

If the Chiefs (Flemming) could have actually closed the deal on a couple of those near interceptions, we would be celebrating today.

Saccopoo
09-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Read into it whatever you like, but I don't think I said they were awesome last night... the Broncos thank the Chiefs offense for the gifts though, since it appears you believe it was all them and nothing that Denver did.

Sorry, but I'm not going to jerk off you or your team.

Five turnovers. Two in the offensive red zone. One to give you the go ahead points in a tie game with under 30 seconds to play.

Fuck you.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Sorry, but I'm not going to jerk off you or your team.

Five turnovers. Two in the offensive red zone. One to give you the go ahead points in a tie game with under 30 seconds to play.

**** you.

You have an odd fixation or desire for jerking off other men...

dirk digler
09-18-2015, 09:10 AM
The problem with your mentality here is just that it's disingenuous to say that the 5 turnovers are only due to the Chiefs ineptitude. The Broncos D clearly was focused on taking the ball away and did so well.

If the Chiefs (Flemming) could have actually closed the deal on a couple of those near interceptions, we would be celebrating today.

Yep. 3 of the turnovers were our ineptitude, the dropped INTS were our ineptitude, but Charles fumbles were good plays by the defense.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Yep. 3 of the turnovers were our ineptitude, the dropped INTS were our ineptitude, but Charles fumbles were good plays by the defense.

Both teams have defenses that are going to punish a lot of QBs this year...

DaFace
09-18-2015, 09:13 AM

I'd give them the two INT's as well. Talib made a great break on the ball (though Alex probably shouldn't have thrown it), and the other one was caused by pressure hitting Alex as he threw.

Saccopoo
09-18-2015, 09:14 AM

Exactly.

Flemming's drops were not due to some amazing awesomeness of the Broncos defense.

Charles lost the ball on a weak, one handed poke out that a Pop Warner player would have attempted.

Smith's flutter ball in the red zone on a dinked arm.

Fucking DAT.

These are not things that the amazing Broncos did because of their super human football skills. These are stupid things that just went bad for the Chiefs that normally don't happen.

He wants us to blow sunshine up his skirt. I'm not doing it because it wasn't ultimately deserved. The Chiefs basically fucked themselves, not the Broncos being the uber fucking awesome of all awesome.

Screw that guy.

dirk digler
09-18-2015, 09:22 AM
Both teams have defenses that are going to punish a lot of QBs this year...

I agree. Coming into the game I was more worried about your D than the offense. I still feel the same way.

I'd give them the two INT's as well. Talib made a great break on the ball (though Alex probably shouldn't have thrown it), and the other one was caused by pressure hitting Alex as he threw.

Yeah I forgot about the INT when hitting AS arm. That was a good play by the defense. The first INT was just dumb on our part all the way around.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Rest assured, KC's pressure on defense forced Manning to flip the switch on how he approached the game... moving to the shotgun was his only hope, once that happened, the pressure was off a great deal.

Problem is, nothing different with that than what they did last year... not sure it will end with different results. The defensive play for both teams was pretty damn solid overall and it was very close to being a combined double digit turnover affair.

Donger
09-18-2015, 10:46 AM
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/ff/Airplane_Stack.jpg/400px-Airplane_Stack.jpg

"That's exactly what they expect us to do..."

Pablo
09-18-2015, 11:03 AM
It's like some folks don't even know who our HC is.

We could have a backfield of Jamaal and prime AP and Reid is still chucking it from inside the five.

Rain Man
09-18-2015, 11:29 AM
It's like some folks don't even know who our HC is.

We could have a backfield of Jamaal and prime AP and Reid is still chucking it from inside the five.

That just kills me. If you don't give it to Jamaal inside the five, you just aren't paying attention. He's JAMAAL CHARLES, Andy! JAMAAL CHARLES!

The only excuse for not giving it to Jamaal is perhaps a pass to Kelce. But even that should only happen 20 percent of the time.

Pablo
09-18-2015, 11:31 AM
That just kills me. If you don't give it to Jamaal inside the five, you just aren't paying attention. He's JAMAAL CHARLES, Andy! JAMAAL CHARLES!

The only excuse for not giving it to Jamaal is perhaps a pass to Kelce. But even that should only happen 20 percent of the time.This is just a regular season heart break. Just imagine if the Chiefs ever made a legit playoff run. I know, that's a laughable statement and all. But making a legit run would mean you would have overcome so many bad decisions by Big Red. Only to eventually die by one of his awful decisions in the end anyhow.