PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Disappointed in De'Anthony Thomas

Deberg_1990
09-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Bla bla bla, he's a playmaker, hes made a few plays already, whatever.

He has three catches for 22 yards

That ****ing sucks.

This guy needs to be a threat as a WIDE RECEIVER. He hasnt made a single play down the field. I'm not even talking 20 yards. How about 10? How about coming off the line, putting your foot in the ground, getting open and giving Smith a target?

I'm not willing to accept the idea that Smith is so god awful he makes all our wide receivers look terrible.

Thomas hasn't done shit yet.

Don't buy any of his ****ing t-shirts.

Give me McCluster back.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2015, 11:24 AM
I'm not willing to accept the idea that Smith is so god awful he makes all our wide receivers look terrible.

Um....I am.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Reid.

Saccopoo
http://d.justpo.st/media/images/2014/01/8723f11c131ef605080742b1857c8f5c.gif

ThaVirus
09-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Albert Wilson hasn't done anything either..

DAT does look slow, though. Or, at least he did against Denver.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Sweet god, do NOT put Williams on the field!

notorious
09-20-2015, 11:26 AM
QB.

You wouldn't believe what a good one would do for the WR's.

dannybcaitlyn
09-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Um....I am.

Me too. Smith the receiver KILLER.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Um....I am.

Who's better, Cassel or Smith?

jd1020
09-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Who's better, Cassel or Smith?

They are both equally good at stealing Clark's money.

WhawhaWhat
09-20-2015, 11:33 AM
I like him returning punts.

Dave Lane
09-20-2015, 11:35 AM
Maclin too. At this rate he might only get 600 yards this season.

TLO
I'd rather masturbate to a naked Andy Reid eating his own feces than read another Deberg thread.

Discuss Thrower
People were seriously expecting Thomas to do anything offensively this year?

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Maclin too. At this rate he might only get 600 yards this season.

Naw, he'll sustain the pace for 870+

Deberg_1990
09-20-2015, 11:40 AM
I like him returning punts.

That's about all he does well. I don't see much game breaking ability at WR.

McCluster was better

mnchiefsguy
09-20-2015, 12:04 PM
That's about all he does well. I don't see much game breaking ability at WR.

McCluster was better

Not for what McCluster is getting paid he isn't. TN was willing to pay too much, I am okay with that.

Thomas is a much better value at the price.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Albert Wilson hasn't done anything either..

DAT does look slow, though. Or, at least he did against Denver.

A 5'9 receiver from a school that didn't have a football team ten years ago not producing? Shocking.

ThaVirus
09-20-2015, 12:20 PM
A 5'9 receiver from a school that didn't have a football team ten years ago not producing? Shocking.

I agree.

Just stating the obvious after hearing all about how Alex had built up a rapport with him and "really trusts him".

Give me a fucking break.

ThaVirus
09-20-2015, 12:21 PM
I just remembered the "catch" he should have made on the sideline. It would have been for about 9 yards but he made absolutely no effort to get his second foot down.

Douchebag.

FloridaMan88
09-20-2015, 12:24 PM
DAT, Albert Wilson, Conley, Avant… have all been invisible this year.

Perhaps the OP should be focusing on who is throwing these guys the ball and who is calling the plays.

RealSNR
09-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Was with you until you said, "Give me McCluster back."

I'm giving you back your title of worst thread starter in CP history.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 12:26 PM
I agree.

Just stating the obvious after hearing all about how Alex had built up a rapport with him and "really trusts him".

Give me a ****ing break.

Why anyone thought Wilson and Thomas were going to look like legitimate WRs is beyond me.

Dorsey needed to sign another WR beside Maclin. Couldn't do it because Chiefs.

dannybcaitlyn
09-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Why anyone thought Wilson and Thomas were going to look like legitimate WRs is beyond me.

Fix the QB and the receivers magically get better.

RealSNR
09-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Alex completed passes to TWO fucking WRs on Thursday.

And that's only if you consider Deanthony Thomas to be a WR.

The bottom line is we have a pathetic excuse for a QB. I don't want to hear shit about how smart he is anymore. His recognition of pre-snap coverages and blitzes has proved to be pretty fucking pathetic for what he was advertised as, and he doesn't have it in him to change plays unless he sees an obvious blitz that even Stevie Wonder could spot and does his "KILL KILL KILL" routine. And even then, nobody fucking moves. The formation doesn't change at all.

Part of that is Andy Reid, but if we've got such a smart fucking QB, why doesn't Smith take the reins occasionally and spot the things that the playcaller can't see before the defense gets lined up?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 12:35 PM
They are both equally good at stealing Clark's money.

Alex completed passes to TWO fucking WRs on Thursday.

The bottom line is we have a pathetic excuse for a QB. I don't want to hear shit about how smart he is anymore. His recognition of pre-snap coverages and blitzes has proved to be pretty fucking pathetic for what he was advertised as, and he doesn't have it in him to change plays unless he sees an obvious blitz that even Stevie Wonder could spot and does his "KILL KILL KILL" routine. And even then, nobody fucking moves. The formation doesn't change at all.

Part of that is Andy Reid, but if we've got such a smart fucking QB, why doesn't Smith take the reins occasionally and spot the things that the playcaller can't see before the defense gets lined up?

NOW it's Chiefs Football again. :)

bricks
09-20-2015, 12:39 PM
I'd rather masturbate to a naked Andy Reid eating his own feces than read another Deberg thread.

I'd rather read a Deberg thread than listen to your sick imagination

Demonpenz
09-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Maclin is bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Maclin is bad joining the "waste my career at OAD, please"-club.

:(

Hammock Parties
09-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Maclin is bad.

HE HAD THIRTEEN FUCKING HUNDRED YARDS LAST YEAR

ALEX SMITH IS A FUCKING DISEASE

TEX
09-20-2015, 12:50 PM
RUN DMC part TWO...except I think Dex was better. We'll see how it plays out.

Demonpenz
09-20-2015, 12:52 PM
HE HAD THIRTEEN FUCKING HUNDRED YARDS LAST YEAR

ALEX SMITH IS A FUCKING DISEASE

Chip Kelly making chicken salad with chicken shit.

BullJunkandIron
09-20-2015, 01:11 PM
TBS

The Bowe Syndrome

RealSNR
09-20-2015, 01:26 PM
RUN DMC part TWO...except I think Dex was better. We'll see how it plays out.

How? What? Why?

Dex was a cancerous polyp on the anus of this team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 01:49 PM
How? What? Why?

Dex was a cancerous polyp on the anus of this team.

Agreed. I have no issues with Dex.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Johnny Manziel has 2, 60+ yard TD passes today.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Now Dereck Carr to amari Cooper 68 yard TD.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Johnny Manziel has 2, 60+ yard TD passes today.

Now Dereck Carr to amari Cooper 68 yard TD.

See? Is it so hard to exercise a season or two of patience?

Cheater5
09-20-2015, 02:33 PM
I have little doubt remaining that Booger would render a better performance at QB than #11. I believe he would throw more accurately, and make better selections. No, I'm not riding his tip, as I also think he's not really a quality starting quarterback either.

I've been converted; everything else is ancillary. The rest of this year will be just stats and occasional highlights. There will be no breakthroughs, there will only be our best players getting older.

jonzie04
09-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Why would anyone expect DAT to do anything at WR this year? He learned a new position and missed almost all of the preseason. JFC

Marcellus
09-20-2015, 02:49 PM
I have no idea why anyone, even Deberg, would want to mimic the worst poster in CP history.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 02:56 PM
DAT's been injured in two consecutive training camps. He's learning a new position without getting on the field and hasn't done much to impress when he's played.

The book is hardly shut on his career but it is legitimate to question whether or not he has an NFL body.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Why would anyone expect DAT to do anything at WR this year? He learned a new position and missed almost all of the preseason. JFC

While I somewhat agree, if this is the case, then why not make him inactive each week and allow Hammond to return punts and play special teams?

Eleazar
09-20-2015, 03:04 PM
I have no idea why anyone, even Deberg, would want to mimic the worst poster in CP history.

For attention, same motive as the other.

jonzie04
09-20-2015, 03:09 PM
While I somewhat agree, if this is the case, then why not make him inactive each week and allow Hammond to return punts and play special teams?

I could be wrong but I dont think you cant just make a player inactive without him being injured. Unless you put him on the practice squad, and then he'd have to pass through waivers. Thomas may, or may not be where Hammond is as a WR yet, but he's still more valuable to this team. He is, or at least was the better punt returner, and he is Andy Reids Gadget guy. I do also question if he has an NFL body though.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 03:12 PM
I could be wrong but I dont think you cant just make a player inactive without him being injured. Unless you put him on the practice squad, and then he'd have to pass through waivers. Thomas may, or may not be where Hammond is as a WR yet, but he's still more valuable to this team. He is, or at least was the better punt returner, and he is Andy Reids Gadget guy. I do also question if he has an NFL body though.

Of course you can make him inactive.

Only 45 of the 53 dress on game day, thus inactive.

milkman
09-20-2015, 03:13 PM

There are non injured inactives every game.

jonzie04
09-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Of course you can make him inactive.

Only 45 of the 53 dress on game day, thus inactive.

Oh I didn't realize that a player could be inactive without injury. I still have the same answer though. He has more value to this team than Hammond on both Specials teams and on Offense regardless of if he isn't as good of a WR yet.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Oh I didn't realize that a player could be inactive without injury. I still have the same answer though. He has more value to this team than Hammond on both Specials teams and on Offense regardless of if he isn't as good of a WR yet.

Hammond is further along as a receiver and did quite well as a returner last year.

While DAT has more explosion and is capable of the "big play", it's reasonable to question whether or not Hammond would be more valuable, at this point, on game day.

jonzie04
09-20-2015, 03:29 PM
Hammond is further along as a receiver and did quite well as a returner last year.

While DAT has more explosion and is capable of the "big play", it's reasonable to question whether or not Hammond would be more valuable, at this point, on game day.

He's a good PR no doubt, he's more consistent than DAT, mainly because he wont run backwards trying to make something out of nothing. But DAT is 100% Toubs guy. Hammond isn't bringing more to this offense than DAT is. Even if he could catch twice as many Receiving yards (which would still be nearly nothing), he isn't freezing defenders on JET sweeps allowing Jamaal to average another 1.5 YPC. And Hammond doesn't have the ability to turn those jet sweeps into "big plays". Andy hasn't used DAT much so far, but he will. We will see some more jet sweeps, and screens, and bubbles to him.

Three7s
09-20-2015, 03:30 PM
DATs upside is Darren Sproles, just like McCluster was. DAT shouldn't be a WR who just lines up and you expect to win. He needs to be moved around the field in exclusive packages to create mismatches.

aturnis
09-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Bla bla bla, he's a playmaker, hes made a few plays already, whatever.

He has three catches for 22 yards

That ****ing sucks.

This guy needs to be a threat as a WIDE RECEIVER. He hasnt made a single play down the field. I'm not even talking 20 yards. How about 10? How about coming off the line, putting your foot in the ground, getting open and giving Smith a target?

Thomas hasn't done shit yet.

Don't buy any of his ****ing t-shirts.

Give me McCluster back.
Alex has only targeted receivers 25 times. I'll bet at least half of those are targets for Maclin.

Direct your hate at Alex and Andy.

Hell, they keep trying to force Maclin as or deep threat while completely ignoring the two fastest receivers on the team. Wilson and Conley.

I know, I know. Wilson is short and Conley is young.

Excuses.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Alex has only targeted receivers 25 times. I'll bet at least half of those are targets for Maclin.

Direct your hate at Alex and Andy.

Hell, they keep trying to force Maclin as or deep threat while completely ignoring the two fastest receivers on the team. Wilson and Conley.

I know, I know. Wilson is short and Conley is young.

Excuses.

"Receiverscuses"?

jimidollar
09-20-2015, 03:39 PM
DAT is still an inexperienced player at this level. He needs time to grow. I'm still positive about his future here.

the Talking Can
09-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Alex completed passes to TWO ****ing WRs on Thursday.

The bottom line is we have a pathetic excuse for a QB. I don't want to hear shit about how smart he is anymore. His recognition of pre-snap coverages and blitzes has proved to be pretty ****ing pathetic for what he was advertised as, and he doesn't have it in him to change plays unless he sees an obvious blitz that even Stevie Wonder could spot and does his "KILL KILL KILL" routine. And even then, nobody ****ing moves. The formation doesn't change at all.

Part of that is Andy Reid, but if we've got such a smart ****ing QB, why doesn't Smith take the reins occasionally and spot the things that the playcaller can't see before the defense gets lined up?

plus, he sucks

aturnis
09-20-2015, 03:44 PM
I just remembered the "catch" he should have made on the sideline. It would have been for about 9 yards but he made absolutely no effort to get his second foot down.

Douchebag.
It was a catch. Andy should have challenged.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 03:44 PM
It was a catch. Andy should have challenged.

In what universe?

dannybcaitlyn
09-20-2015, 03:48 PM
plus, he sucks

I agree. Alex does suck!

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Nah. DAT's body can't handle that type of contact. He's very slight of build and has been unable to stay healthy.

Sproles has a much thicker lower body as well.

aturnis
09-20-2015, 03:52 PM
DAT's been injured in two consecutive training camps. He's learning a new position without getting on the field and hasn't done much to impress when he's played.

The book is hardly shut on his career but it is legitimate to question whether or not he has an NFL body.
Agree with this 100%. He even looked a bit slow last Thursday night. Thinking he still has some lingering injury issues.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Agree with this 100%. He even looked a bit slow last Thursday night. Thinking he still has some lingering injury issues.
High ankle sprains are a bitch

aturnis
09-20-2015, 04:02 PM
In what universe?
I had DVR issues, otherwise I'd go back and check again, but if someone would gif it, that would be great.

When he caught the ball, he had a foot down and took another step inbounds. He didn't drag a toe b/c he probably thought he was good. Which is a mistake you can blame him for.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 04:04 PM
I had DVR issues, otherwise I'd go back and check again, but if someone would gif it, that would be great.

When he caught the ball, he had a foot down and took another step inbounds. He didn't drag a toe b/c he probably thought he was good. Which is a mistake you can blame him for.

No blame, just pretty obvious during replay that Andy should keep the flag in his pocket.

Dave Lane
09-20-2015, 04:13 PM
I have little doubt remaining that Booger would render a better performance at QB than #11. I believe he would throw more accurately, and make better selections. No, I'm not riding his tip, as I also think he's not really a quality starting quarterback either.

I've been converted; everything else is ancillary. The rest of this year will be just stats and occasional highlights. There will be no breakthroughs, there will only be our best players getting older.

Welcome to the Quit wasting my and our best players lives Club

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 04:17 PM

It's like being a 5-time host on SNL!

RunKC
09-20-2015, 04:20 PM
I still think that Albert Wilson is the best option for the slot in this offense.

Cheater5
09-20-2015, 04:41 PM

So do we get a really smart sport coat, or a commemorative pin to wear?

Wait...This 'club' is more along the lines where we all sit in a circle avoiding eye contact, staring into our coffee cups while each new guy stands and confesses when his heart was broken by the chuefs, isn't it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-20-2015, 04:51 PM
So do we get a really smart sport coat, or a commemorative pin to wear?

Wait...This 'club' is more along the lines where we all sit in a circle avoiding eye contact, staring into our coffee cups while each new guy stands and confesses when his heart was broken by the Chiefs, isn't it?

You get a wristwatch forever stuck at 7:45 and a Carl Petersen bobble-head.

MahiMike
09-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Sucks they kick off from the 35. Makes guys like DAT expendable. Not to mention the fact that every punt return ends in a penalty.

Eleazar
09-20-2015, 06:07 PM
McCluster had 10 carries for 98 yards today.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2015, 06:09 PM
McCluster had 10 carries for 98 yards today.

If only we had a RB.

Easy 6
09-20-2015, 06:20 PM
http://d.justpo.st/media/images/2014/01/8723f11c131ef605080742b1857c8f5c.gif

THIS LMAO

Easy 6
09-20-2015, 06:23 PM

You are intolerable.

jspchief
09-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Gadget players are always a disappointment.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Gadget players are always a disappointment.

At least they only spent a 4th on him.

FTR, I think he can be a weapon IF he can stay healthy, which to date, he's been unable to do.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 06:26 PM
If only we had a RB.

If only you had carpel tunnel

Bob Dole
09-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Some of you people spend way too much time and energy finding things with which to be disappointed.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Some of you people spend way too much time and energy finding things with which to be disappointed.

At least we don't pay for the privilege.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 06:32 PM
You are intolerable.

Why, because I correctly predicted it wouldn't be October before it became apparent Maclin and Kelce weren't going to be enough to make the offense more productive than last season?

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Why, because I correctly predicted it wouldn't be October before it became apparent Maclin and Kelce weren't going to be enough to make the offense more productive than last season?

Shut the fuck up

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Aaaand speaking of McCluster (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263283)

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Shut the fuck up

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8810327&postcount=232

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 06:36 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8810327&postcount=232

I didn't realize that the season lasts two games

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 06:38 PM
I didn't realize that the season lasts two games

But people were saying the same things about Cassel and his influence on the team as people are saying about Smith now: the offensive line not being good enough and WRs/TEs not being good enough.

Surely and I mean surely an NFL team wouldn't have four straight seasons of being deficient at those two units.

Easy 6
09-20-2015, 06:43 PM

When you say every. ****ing. thing. is going to be bad 24/7 365, you'll be right once in a while... but it still makes you a miserable user.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 06:45 PM
But people were saying the same things about Cassel and his influence on the team as people are saying about Smith now: the offensive line not being good enough and WRs/TEs not being good enough..

Who's saying any of those things? And are you stating that the right side of the offensive line is just fine and that the WR corp is a strength of this team?

Stop talking out of your ass.

vailpass
09-20-2015, 06:47 PM
If only you had carpel tunnel

:D

RobBlake
09-20-2015, 06:54 PM
DAT, Albert Wilson, Conley, Avant… have all been invisible this year.

Perhaps the OP should be focusing on who is throwing these guys the ball and who is calling the plays.

great list of Wrs you just named.

dls6501
09-20-2015, 10:33 PM
great list of Wrs you just named.

Well, it is the list of WRs that all the Alex fans were praising as an upgraded receiver group before the season started.

Now that Alex played a pathetic game, that list of upgraded weapons for Alex has turned into a group that is made up of terrible players.

Funny, yet predictable, how that works with Alex fans.

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Well, it is the list of WRs that all the Alex fans were praising as an upgraded receiver group before the season started.

Now that Alex played a pathetic game, that list of upgraded weapons for Alex has turned into a group that is made up of terrible players.

Well said.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2015, 10:37 PM

I'd like to shake your father's hand.

RobBlake
09-20-2015, 11:05 PM

Another spin story from people who hate Alex as the starting QB. It has been and always been the people who disliked Alex as the QB of the team who said he has no excuse this year with an upgraded WR corps.The only WR on this team that is worth a damn is Maclin. Avant is not a great WR by any means... if the team had a another legitimate starter.. he would prob be cut. Every other WR on the depth cart is still in question. Of course, they are talented. They are the same people who bitch when alex had a great first game against a great top 5 d line talent.

I'm not sure where to point the finger for Maclin's lack of number one production. Alex, Reid, or elite Dline/good defensive schemes.

dls6501
09-20-2015, 11:19 PM
Another spin story from people who hate Alex as the starting QB. It has been and always been the people who disliked Alex as the QB of the team who said he has no excuse this year with an upgraded WR corps.The only WR on this team that is worth a damn is Maclin. Avant is not a great WR by any means... if the team had a another legitimate starter.. he would prob be cut. Every other WR on the depth cart is still in question. Of course, they are talented. They are the same people who bitch when alex had a great first game against a great top 5 d line talent.

I'm not sure where to point the finger for Maclin's lack of number one production. Alex, Reid, or elite Dline/good defensive schemes.

This could not possibly be more incorrect. It was the Alex fans who said the WR corps was vastly improved, and us who tried to tell everyone to "wait and see...we have Alex Smith as our QB."

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2015, 11:36 PM
I'd like to shake your father's hand.

I'm certain he'd be disappointed

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 12:09 AM

Okay, so people weren't saying this:

We had the worst drop %, injuries at WR, the worst rated G on PFF, a street RT who was also poorly rated, a LT who didn't get a chance to get stronger and his shit pushed in and a rookie 6th rd G to fill the void at RG.

I don't think any QB would be throwing deep very much with that mess.

We added proven pro bowl entities at WR and G, got back what appears to be 2 average at worst OL (average is way better than worst), added a highly thought of rookie OL (per Mayock) and even added some YAC guys to the WR group.

We should expect some noticeable positive changes this year on offense. If not it's time for Alex to GTFO

Or this:

This team is stacked too. No excuses accepted.

Or this:

Allen is going to be a better RG this season for this team than Mathis ever would. They aren't going to sign Mathis because of Allen, who's looked very good so far.

This sign Mathis shit needs to stop. It's a waste of money and he's not going to beat out Allen at RG anyway.

The OL is going to be just fine. They aren't going to be the best offensive line in the league, but they are going to be significantly better than what you saw last year when only Rodney Hudson was capable of blocking anybody. They have upgraded four positions on the line - the two guard spots are significantly upgraded, Fisher will definitely be better and Stephenson is going to be better than Harris ever was last season. They are going to be just fine and will block better and hold their blocks longer than what we saw last year. Which means that Smith will play with a significantly higher degree of confidence and Charles will see much better holes than last year. (Plus he's healthy this year, versus last year when he was struggling nearly every game.)

Smith had no problem looking downfield when Avery was healthy and that was with fucking Donnie Avery, who couldn't run but one route and had some of the worst hands I've ever seen on an NFL receiver.

We've added Maclin, who has some of the best hands in the league to go along with a developing Albert Wilson, a solid possession receiver in Avant (who knows this system and the timings like the back of his hand) and the potential of Conley. Plus Kelce and Charles and Sherman and Davis and DAT.

This offense is going to kick the fucking shit out of opposing defenses. Book it.

and this

Alex has his career best combination of pass receivers at RB, #1 WR, and TE. Maclin and Kelce have the speed, quickness and agility to get open downfield. DAT will be as tough a cover as any slot receiver in the league. Wilson is just about guaranteed single coverage on every pass route and has the physical ability to get separation against single coverage. Avant knows the offense as well as anyone, runs great routes, and Alex is confident he'll make the catch. Conley has a remarkable skill set if he can get on the field. If the Oline pass protection approaches average, it's not inconceivable for Alex to attempt 34 passes per game, complete 70% of his passes, average 8 yards per attempt, and post a 104 QB rating. Those are career best numbers in each category.

.... and finally, this gem:

Agreed. Our team was fine in the red zone last season despite the s*** we had at wide receiver. Dwayne Bowe said all the right things to get his paycheck outside of actually performing on the field but no one on this forum wants to point the finger at him for his lack of production, good riddance.

Maclin, DAT, Wilson, Avant, Conley can torch the opposing defenses this season and then you have Charles and Kelce to add to the mix. Good luck to the linebackers and DB's trying to cover the field against us, they're going to be gassed halfway thru the third quarter.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2015, 12:21 AM
LMAO

ah, homers

RobBlake
09-21-2015, 12:53 AM

Or this:

Or this:

and this

well... yikes.. lmao.

smith11
09-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Um....I am.

um geno smith

smith11
09-21-2015, 01:10 AM

Douchebag.

speaking of effort the chiefs did not make much of an effort to get back and try to run another play at the end of the game Thursday it looked like they had already given up

aturnis
09-21-2015, 01:48 AM
Alright. So Alex has only targeted WR's 25 times in two games, it breaks down like this.

Maclin: 16 targets, 9 catches, 109 yds
Wilson: 4 targets, 3 catches, 25 yds
Thomas: 6 targets, 3 catches, 22 yds

Yes, that is one target heavy. I would imagine DAT or Maclin had a target from the backfield, but don't remember it. I know Maclin had that play he lined up in the backfield this preseason and DAT is an obvious utility player.

Smith just isn't throwing to receivers not named Maclin. He'll throw to RB's and TE's. Charles has 13 targets, while Kelce has 11. 40 of his 58 targets went to 3 players. Meaning all other receivers on the team have seen just 18 targets combined.

Alex needs to start spreading the ball around. Otherwise teams only need to account for 3 guys on our offense.

ThaVirus
09-21-2015, 10:24 AM
Alright. So Alex has only targeted WR's 2 5 times in two games, it breaks down like this.

Yes, that is one target heavy. I would imagine DAT or Maclin had a target from the backfield, but don't remember it. I know Maclin had that play he lived up in the backfield this preseason and DAT is an obvious utility player.

Smith isn't throwing to receivers not named Maclin. He'll throw to RB's and TE's. Charles has 13 targets, while Kelce has 11. 40 of his 58 targets went to 3 players. Meaning all other receivers on the team have seen 18 targets combined.

Alex needs to start spreading the ball around. Otherwise teams only need to account for 3 guys on our offense.

This is why people bitch about a lack of TD passes, and passes in general, to WRs. It does make a difference. It makes our offense easier to defend.

dls6501
09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Alright. So Alex has only targeted WR's 2 5 times in two games, it breaks down like this.

Yes, that is one target heavy. I would imagine DAT or Maclin had a target from the backfield, but don't remember it. I know Maclin had that play he lived up in the backfield this preseason and DAT is an obvious utility player.

Smith isn't throwing to receivers not named Maclin. He'll throw to RB's and TE's. Charles has 13 targets, while Kelce has 11. 40 of his 58 targets went to 3 players. Meaning all other receivers on the team have seen 18 targets combined.

Another funny comment to me. ONE of the plethora of excuses Alex fans use is that Alex spreads the ball around so much that it prevents him from having a 1000 yard receiver. Funny how the narrative changes for Alex fans.

And a big shout out to discuss thrower! I absolutely knew RobBlake was 100% wrong, but didn't have the patience to go look for proof. Thank you for doing it for me.

RealSNR
09-21-2015, 10:34 AM

Alex threw to TWO fucking WRs all game. Maclin and Thomas, and that's IF you want to count Thomas as a WR.

Alex hates WRs. He has been averse to throwing to them his ENTIRE FUCKING CAREER. That's 10+ seasons of not throwing to a position.

Donovan McNabb threw to his WRs. It's not Andy Reid's fault. Alex Smith threw to Avant and Wilson last year. It's not their fault.

It's Alex's fucking fault.

Period. End of motherfucking discussion.

Brock
09-21-2015, 10:38 AM

Jesus. The fucking excuses never end.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-21-2015, 10:39 AM
Not for what McCluster is getting paid he isn't. TN was willing to pay too much, I am okay with that.

Thomas is a much better value at the price.

EXACTLY. Deberg needs to relax, nobody wants that filth Mccluster and his terrible hands

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Alex threw to TWO ****ing WRs all game. Maclin and Thomas, and that's IF you want to count Thomas as a WR.

Alex hates WRs. He has been averse to throwing to them his ENTIRE ****ING CAREER. That's 10+ seasons of not throwing to a position.

Donovan McNabb threw to his WRs. It's not Andy Reid's fault. Alex Smith threw to Avant and Wilson last year. It's not their fault.

It's Alex's ****ing fault.

Period. End of mother****ing discussion.

They only gave Alex 25 chances to throw the ball and we are a team that loves 2-3 tight end sets. It's a team game. Our RB's flourished and so did the tight ends. Be happy that Alex threw a nice pass to Maclin, that's a sign of things to come. Denver and Houston pass defenses are going to be top 5 this year. So relax. Or go cheer for Flacco and his 114 yard performance against the donkeys

Saccopoo
09-21-2015, 10:42 AM

Two very, very good defensive lines going against an offensive line that has talent, but is still very young (as well as a RT that basically was/is brand new to the system in Reid).

Smith faced a lot of pressure in the first two games and they game planned to get the ball out very quickly.

They did make some throws downfield and made an effort to stretch the field, even in the face of a pretty hard pass rush from both the Texans and Broncos.

They did what they had/needed to do against those two teams.

You'll see a lot more WR involvement going forward from here on out and should allow the offense to become a little more synergistic as the season progresses.

People going into full blown "we aren't throwing to our receivers!!!!1!!11!" bullshit is bullshit.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-21-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't get why people are moaning about stats in the Houston game when we clearly dominated that team. We have a top 5 RB and TE and people are upset that most of our plays aren't going to wide receivers? FFS. I bet a few self-proclaimed football geniuses here would be happy to trade for Atlanta's offense because of Roddy and Julio...while forgetting they are completely inept in the other positions.

Chiefnj2
09-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Kelce should have a minimum of 10 targets per game. He was 6 of 6 in week one, and what does Reid do? Throws to him less in week 2.

Throw to the 6'6" TE in the redzone? No, I'll just throw behind the LOS and lose yards.

kcjayhawks5
09-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Kelce should have a minimum of 10 targets per game. He was 6 of 6 in week one, and what does Reid do? Throws to him less in week 2.

Throw to the 6'6" TE in the redzone? No, I'll just throw behind the LOS and lose yards.

I was yelling at the TV for them to throw to Kelce more often. If you aren't go to throw to the receivers then at least go to the 2nd best TE in the game.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-21-2015, 11:38 AM

I was yelling at the TV for them to throw to Kelce more often. If you aren't go to throw to the receivers then at least go to the 2nd best TE in the game.

Our Tight ends combined for over 100+ yards, our RB's put up well over that amount too. Had our offense not turned over the ball 5 times, we would have made plays drawn up for all players. It's not a crime against Kelce, it's a fact of not having the ball. If we get to week 8 and Kelce's production is down from last year, then proceed with the complaints.

philfree
09-21-2015, 11:41 AM
If Kelce hadn't had three or four false starts in the 1st half he probably would have had more targets. I like the guy but he's got a little fuckup to him.

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Two very, very good defensive lines going against an offensive line that has talent, but is still very young (as well as a RT that basically was/is brand new to the system in Reid).

Smith faced a lot of pressure in the first two games and they game planned to get the ball out very quickly.

They did make some throws downfield and made an effort to stretch the field, even in the face of a pretty hard pass rush from both the Texans and Broncos.

You'll see a lot more WR involvement going forward from here on out and should allow the offense to become a little more synergistic as the season progresses.

People going into full blown "we aren't throwing to our receivers!!!!1!!11!" bullshit is bullshit.

Alex Smith is never going to trust Wilson or Thomas with the ball unless he sees them Donnie-Avery-in-the-2013-AFC-Wildcard-game open.

DeepBallAlex
09-21-2015, 12:03 PM
So 10+ years of WR avoidance from a QB is suddenly going to change?

You can't judge a player like DAT with a risk adverse QB like Alice.

Maclin is slipping into a deep depression as I type this. And so am I.

aturnis
09-21-2015, 01:11 PM
EXACTLY. Deberg needs to relax, nobody wants that filth Mccluster and his terrible hands
Tiny fucking creeper hands.

the Talking Can
09-21-2015, 01:30 PM

Or this:

Or this:

and this

https://media2.giphy.com/media/11p2NTbEugGOUU/200.gif

the Talking Can
09-21-2015, 01:44 PM

jesus, the excuses will never end

Smith has a line of 0tds, 2ints, 194 yard...QBR: 7.4...in a loss (won't even mention him not seeing Kelce twice open for tds)

scheme has nothing to do with the simple fact that he failed to perform

he hasn't thrown a td to a wr in almost a year and a half because he is pathologically afraid to make mistakes, and good WRs are basically wasted on him (true for his entire career)

Rodgers picks up a street FA and makes him look like a #1 wr, Carr just used a rookie WR to drop 11 targets, 109 yards and a td, Manning tells our defense that he is throwing to Sanders and then does so for a line of 14 targets, 8 catches, 89 yards and 2 tds

but we bring Smith a top dollar #1 WR and get fucking bupkis for it...because say it with me chiefs fans, "....reasons"

Bob Dole
09-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Bob Dole is disappointed in Steven Nelson.

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 01:47 PM

Smith has a line of 0tds, 2ints, 194 yard...QBR: 7.4...in a loss (won't even mention him not seeing Kelce twice open for tds)

he hasn't thrown a td to a wr in almost a year and a half because he is pathologically afraid to make mistakes, and good WRs are basically wasted on him (true for his entire career)

Rodgers picks up a street FA and makes him look like a #1 wr, Carr just used a rookie WR to drop 11 targets, 109 yards and a td, Manning tells our defense that he is throwing to Sanders and then does so for a line of 14 targets, 8 catches, 89 yards and 2 tds

but we bring Smith a top dollar #1 WR and get fucking bupkis for it...because say it with me chiefs fans, "....reasons"

And it was all predictable. Once the team passed on getting any other FA receivers with any sort of upside to take relieve any sort of defensive pressure on Maclin and Kelce the offense's fate was sealed as being 100% no different than last season's.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Be happy that Alex threw a nice pass to Maclin

Jesus fucking Christ.

I hate true fans and the Alex Smith inquisition.

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 02:26 PM
Bob Dole is disappointed in Steven Nelson.

I for one am glad Dorsey has selected a slew of DBs. It's obvious the Chiefs need premium corners to lock down the opposition as we've seen by Smith's absence.

RunKC
09-21-2015, 02:31 PM

but we bring Smith a top dollar #1 WR and get ****ing bupkis for it...because say it with me chiefs fans, "....reasons"

And the Aaron Rodgers QB available was?

Alex had a very good first game then a bad one. People are pumping up Bridgewater/Carr when they looked like Matt Cassel just one week ago.

We all want to draft a QB, but people need to realize that good QB's rarely come along.

The Franchise
09-21-2015, 02:32 PM

Alex had a very good first game then a bad one. People are pumping up Bridgewater/Carr when they looked like Matt Cassel just one week ago.

We all want to draft a QB, but people need to realize that good QB's rarely come along.

This post brought to you by RunKC's love for Goff.

the Talking Can
09-21-2015, 02:40 PM

same old stupid excuses...yawn

rookie QBs are held to the same standards as 10 year vets, never mind that both rookies mentioned are 10x the QBs that Smith was at the same point in his career

and nevermind that drafting either of them had nothing to do with smith...we could have had both

but omg let's jsut keep being afraid for 30 years, or keep telling ourselves stupid lies like 'we can't draft a QB unless we know in advance he's aaron rodgers'

good QB NEVER come along if you don't draft them...you have to try, and probably fail, before finding the one...but of course you never will if you're to afraid to try

you just get more mediocrity and excuses, as you post perfectly encapsulates

jesus, we passed on flacco...oh no! too risky!...and we're smug about it even though he has a superbowl ring and a superbowl mvp

that's the kind of dishonest "oh i really want a qb but don't want to incur any risk at all when drafting one" bull shit that chiefs fans have been masters of of for decades

RunKC
09-21-2015, 02:58 PM
same old stupid excuses...yawn

rookie QBs are held to the same standards as 10 year vets, never mind that both rookies mentioned are 10x the QBs that Smith was at the same point in his career

and nevermind that drafting either of them had nothing to do with smith...we could have had both

but omg let's jsut keep being afraid for 30 years, or keep telling ourselves stupid lies like 'we can't draft a QB unless we know in advance he's aaron rodgers'

good QB NEVER come along if you don't draft them...you have to try, and probably fail, before finding the one...but of course you never will if you're to afraid to try

you just get more mediocrity and excuses, as you post perfectly encapsulates

jesus, we passed on flacco...oh no! too risky!...and we're smug about it even though he has a superbowl ring and a superbowl mvp

that's the kind of dishonest "oh i really want a qb but don't want to incur any risk at all when drafting one" bull shit that chiefs fans have been masters of of for decades

It doesn't matter if we drafted Geno and sat him or not he was gonna bust. Carr and Bridgewater are clearly incomplete. I do wonder why Reid passed on Teddy, and it's a legit question to point the finger.

so far 2013 and 2015 QB's available for us look terrible so I can see why they passed.

I'm with you 100% that they need to draft a QB high in the next year or two. There's no excuse.

Hackenberg, Cook, Goff and Boykin make a nice QB class nextyear. I want one of them, particularly Goff

The Franchise
09-21-2015, 03:01 PM
It doesn't matter if we drafted Geno and sat him or not he was gonna bust. Carr and Bridgewater are clearly incomplete. I do wonder why Reid passed on Teddy, and it's a legit question to point the finger.

so far 2013 and 2015 QB's available for us look terrible so I can see why they passed.

I'm with you 100% that they need to draft a QB high in the next year or two. There's no excuse.

Hackenberg, Cook, Goff and Boykin make a nice QB class nextyear. I want one of them, particularly Goff

That's fucking bullshit.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2015, 03:01 PM
I can't believe anyone wants to draft Hackenberg. Every time I watch him play all I feel is DO NOT WANT.

If our first R1QB since Blackledge is ANOTHER Penn State douche I'll shit a brick.

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 03:02 PM

Then you need to hope KC does't win three or more games this season because staying on his 7 to 9 win trajectory the Chiefs are on is likely going to prevent the team from picking any of those guys.

Brock
09-21-2015, 03:05 PM
If Kelce hadn't had three or four false starts in the 1st half he probably would have had more targets. I like the guy but he's got a little fuckup to him.

You meant 2 false starts, right? As if that has anything to do with throwing him the ball.

RunKC
09-21-2015, 03:06 PM
That's ****ing bullshit.

His attitude is ****ed dude. The fact that you can't see that the kid is NOT a leader in any way is mind boggling.

Wake up!

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 03:08 PM
His attitude is ****ed dude. The fact that you can't see that the kid is NOT a leader in any way is mind boggling.

Wake up!

And Aaron Rodgers had a fucked up throwing motion that kept him comfortably on the bench for three seasons.

See how that works?

RobBlake
09-21-2015, 03:10 PM

Wake up!

no they rather cry about week 2 and act like Alex has never done any good as a QB with KC. If their is a better QB.. get him.. but there isn't atm..

RunKC
09-21-2015, 03:11 PM
And Aaron Rodgers had a ****ed up throwing motion that kept him comfortably on the bench for three seasons.

See how that works?

It's nowhere close to the same example.

philfree
09-21-2015, 03:13 PM
You meant 2 false starts, right? As if that has anything to do with throwing him the ball.

Without going back a looking I thought he had three penalties in the 1st half at least. Maybe it was two false starts and a holding call or something else. That said he very well could have been the target on those plays and he jumped the snap which blew his opportunity. I don't know that for sure it's very easily possible though. His penalties messed up our possession none the less.

The Franchise
09-21-2015, 03:15 PM

You have no clue what he would of done in this offense, with this head coach and sitting on the bench for a year.

Sanchez was balls in New York when he was there. Somehow he goes to Philly and doesn't do half bad?

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 03:19 PM

Right. Because nobody thought Geno Smith was worthy of a first round pick before rumors of him fucking around on his cellphone during meetings surfaced.

Rodgers had a problem throwing the ball but that got corrected through sitting the bench and getting external help. Had the Packers trotted him out instead of riding Favre for three more years he likely would have been a pretty standard QB bust.

Geno Smith has attitude problem and was made into a rookie starter on the team with the most media scrutiny surrounding it lead by an oft criticized head coach that had very little talent on offense to give him some relief. If Smith had been drafted by a team like Dallas or Denver who had an unquestioned starter, his attitude could have been reined in and he would have time to adjust to the speed and intricacies of the pro game.

There's no guarantee of that happening but it would have been better than throwing Smith to the proverbial wolves, just as it was obviously better for Rodgers.

RunKC
09-21-2015, 03:29 PM
You have no clue what he would of done in this offense, with this head coach and sitting on the bench for a year.

Sanchez was balls in New York when he was there. Somehow he goes to Philly and doesn't do half bad?

That's not the point. He's an immature kid in a professional league.

He taunted Texas fans in college, then acted like a smug prick to reporters, then acted like an egotistical douche by being on his phone when visiting teams pre-draft and then got punched in the face bc he refused to pay back $600.

That's not even getting into the fact that he's a spread QB that didn't make many reads in college. Spread QB's mostly fail.

His personality is why he wasn't drafted first round. He's an immature arrogant douche.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2015, 03:50 PM
His personality is why he wasn't drafted first round. He's an immature arrogant douche.

This.

Chiefsplanet has gone full retard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2015, 04:48 PM

It's been said a million times already but as you have pointed out, there is some talent this year. And if the Chiefs don't bite, we can all safely assume there is an anti-QB agenda at OAD.

Um, if play off victories in your first 2 seasons are "balls", then by all means:

"Balls at table two, please".

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2015, 04:52 PM
OAD?

You don't spell out numerals in addresses bruh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2015, 04:54 PM
OAD?

You don't spell out numerals in addresses bruh.

The technical terms, is "abbreviation".