PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith tucked the ball and ran on a Hail Mary.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-29-2015, 12:41 AM
That's embarrassing as it sounds. Why do idiots still take up for him? Time to move on from him.

Mav
09-29-2015, 12:49 AM
Not one person stood up for him.

Chromatic
09-29-2015, 12:50 AM
MEANWHILEEEE

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.476%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/wdt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Hammock Parties
09-29-2015, 12:50 AM
Cassel tried, Alex died.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-29-2015, 12:57 AM
I was at the game and Packers fans F'ING LAUGHED AT US FOR WHAT OUR PIECE OF SHIT QB JUST DID. They were pointing and laughing at that play. The whole damn league is laughing at us lol.

MMXcalibur
09-29-2015, 12:59 AM
I was at the game and Packers fans F'ING LAUGHED AT US FOR WHAT OUR PIECE OF SHIT QB JUST DID. They were pointing and laughing at that play. The whole damn league is laughing at us lol.

Deservedly so.

I honestly don't know what in the hell Alex is thinking sometimes.

Mav
09-29-2015, 01:02 AM
Deservedly so.

He's the most scared qb I have ever seen.

Rain Man
09-29-2015, 01:08 AM
And don't forget that he slid at the end.

jspchief
09-29-2015, 01:09 AM
For those that may have forgotten, he has also intentionally thrown the ball away when going for it on 4th down. Way to protect the ball so you can turn it over on downs. you fucking pussy.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2015, 01:10 AM
I rewatched that play a few times.

At the end he got up and immediately looked at the clock, as if he might have had a few seconds left to get off another play.

It's like he didn't even realize how much time was left when the ball was snapped and how much time was left when he started running.

His fraidy-cat instincts just took over when someone wasn't open immediately and he saw a pass rusher flash somewhere in the vicinity. Run, Alex, run! His brain yelled.

I don't think Alex is very smart. He's the dumb blonde of NFL QBs.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2015, 01:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QPWL7l8.gif

Coochie liquor
09-29-2015, 05:12 AM

Glad I went to bed early and got laid instead of staying up to watch us get Smiffed. And there was literally nobody in front of him to even flush him out of the pocket.

DaKCMan AP
09-29-2015, 05:17 AM
That's exactly the point when I turned the game off and went to sleep.
<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" style="display: none;"></object>

Coochie liquor
09-29-2015, 05:36 AM
I think maybe his receivers outran his arm strength so he was trying to get closer to them because he knows his own limitations. Then when he realized he was past the line of scrimmage he went down so he could get a fresh start with his receivers closer to him. Then realized he was running out of time.

eDave
09-29-2015, 07:56 AM

I never dissed on him. But I knew. Oh, I knew.

Now I feel sorry for him. For what it's worth, he doesn't like this either. But fuck, he's rich as shit.

Lonewolf Ed
09-29-2015, 08:03 AM
What has happened to his arm? The way he was throwing wounded ducks out there gave me spinal shivers the way Damon Huard used to. Brrrrr!

Three7s
09-29-2015, 08:04 AM
I think maybe his receivers outran his arm strength so he was trying to get closer to them because he knows his own limitations. Then when he realized he was past the line of scrimmage he went down so he could get a fresh start with his receivers closer to him. Then realized he was running out of time.
The play call was a hail mary. There was no chance of him running the ball, getting everyone lined up, and spiking it for a long field goal. In that situation, YOU HAVE TO EXECUTE THE PLAY AS IT WAS DESIGNED! I' don't think I've ever seen a QB tuck and run on a hail mary. That's Cassel-level bad.

rabblerouser
09-29-2015, 08:05 AM
I never dissed on him. But I knew. Oh, I knew.

Now I feel sorry for him. For what it's worth, he doesn't like this either. But ****, he's rich as shit.

Oh yeah, Reid, Smith...all those shit players and shit coaches are getting paid this week.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
09-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Yeah but he got to add 20 rushing yards to his resume', that will help him in his next contract negotiation.

Snapplez
09-29-2015, 08:09 AM
Yeah but he got to add 20 rushing yards to his resume', that will help him in his next contract negotiation.

Ha he doesn't need to negotiate another contract. We set Smiff's entire bloodline up for life

rabblerouser
09-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Alice Smith and Fat Andy are a giant peanut butter and poop sammich.

the Talking Can
09-29-2015, 08:13 AM
And don't forget that he slid at the end.

that's his 'smarts' shining through

Molitoth
09-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Deservedly so.

Alex is actually smarter than you think.
When he was in San Fran and threw a gazillion INT's, he knew his career was going to be over quick. So he made a change...

Since, he plays the game to eliminate risk by NOT throwing balls into situations that could be possible INT's, and relies on his defense and running game to win. In SF this worked because his Defense was stellar. In combo with Andy Reid's very predictable lateral offense, it does not work.

Alex Smith has disguised himself as a QB that "wins games" when in reality he just avoids risk. He has made himself Millions of dollars with this mirage, and so many foolish and hopeful fans in KC fell for it.

Alex Smith is not a football player... he is a magician, and an entire fanbase fell for his illusion. (Including some hemorrhoids that came with him from SF)

The handful of us on here that despised the Alex Smith trade and the Eric Fisher pick are looking pretty fucking good right now.
Geno Smith could be on our bench with a broken jaw, and we could be steamrolling through QB's until we find one that is worth a damn.... but NOOOO, we are stuck with this piece of shit through the 2017 season because of our stupid GM that decided a mediocre first season was worth a giant paycheck.

HemiEd
09-29-2015, 08:47 AM
While watching Alex Smith last night, the latest in a long line of Chiefs recycled rejects, I was happy that I turned down a free seat at the 40 close to the visitors bench.

I had attended every Chief's appearance at Lambeau, even the preseason games, in the last twenty years, the most memorable being the 2003 game.

I would have really been sad if I had driven up there and spent the money to see that. It was no more entertaining than the preseason game when Haley played Tyler Palko.

Last night's shitfest allowed me to switch over to Seinfeld re-runs.

notorious
09-29-2015, 08:48 AM
When he was in San Fran and threw a gazillion INT's, he knew his career was going to be over quick. So he made a change...

Since, he plays the game to eliminate risk by NOT throwing balls into situations that could be possible INT's, and relies on his defense and running game to win. In SF this worked because his Defense was stellar. In combo with Andy Reid's very predictable lateral offense, it does not work.

Alex Smith has disguised himself as a QB that "wins games" when in reality he just avoids risk. He has made himself Millions of dollars with this mirage, and so many foolish and hopeful fans in KC fell for it.

Alex Smith is not a football player... he is a magician, and an entire fanbase fell for his illusion. (Including some hemorrhoids that came with him from SF)

I nominate this for Post of the Year.

KChiefs1
09-29-2015, 08:56 AM

Nice run for a first down. Too bad no time was on the clock or they might have scored.

aturnis
09-29-2015, 08:58 AM

The handful of us on here that despised the Alex Smith trade and the Eric Fisher pick are looking pretty fucking good right now.
Geno Smith could be on our bench with a broken jaw, and we could be steamrolling through QB's until we find one that is worth a damn.... but NOOOO, we are stuck with this piece of shit through the 2017 season because of our stupid GM that decided a mediocre first season was worth a giant paycheck.
Entire fanbase? Many/most were against Alex Smith before it happened.

the Talking Can
09-29-2015, 08:59 AM

The handful of us on here that despised the Alex Smith trade and the Eric Fisher pick are looking pretty ****ing good right now.

http://nation.foxnews.com/sites/nation.foxnews.com/files/styles/story_624_300/public/stossel.jpg

kcpasco
09-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Entire fanbase? Many/most were against Alex Smith before it happened.

Only here, most casual Chiefs fans thought he was the second coming of Montana. I shit you not.

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2015, 09:01 AM
I think the combo of the shit OL and playcalling has beaten the football joy out of Alex. I have seen this look from players before… particularly at the end of Nolan and Singletary’s reign.

Alex no longer believes in his OL or the playcalls sent in.

I think he really may retire after this year. Rejoice, haters! for there is hope!

okcchief
09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
I rewatched that play a few times.

At the end he got up and immediately looked at the clock, as if he might have had a few seconds left to get off another play.

It's like he didn't even realize how much time was left when the ball was snapped and how much time was left when he started running.

His fraidy-cat instincts just took over when someone wasn't open immediately and he saw a pass rusher flash somewhere in the vicinity. Run, Alex, run! His brain yelled.

I don't think Alex is very smart. He's the dumb blonde of NFL QBs.
There is a perception that what Alex lacks physically he makes up for mentally. That's absolute horse shit. I think he's worse mentally. He can't make quick decisions, and his situational thinking is terrible. His biggest strength is he's so terrified to make a mistake that he protects the ball, and if you play enough bad teams that can get you to the playoffs. The dumb blonde analogy is perfect.

DaFace
09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
That play was embarrassing.

kcpasco
09-29-2015, 09:05 AM
I think the combo of the shit OL and playcalling has beaten the football joy out of Alex. I have seen this look from players before… particularly at the end of Nolan and Singletary’s reign.

I think he really may retire after this year. Rejoice, haters! for there is hope!

WTF kind of post is this? How about that pos sucking the joy out of an entire fanbase.

Eleazar
09-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Only here, most casual Chiefs fans thought he was the second coming of Montana. I shit you not.

Literally no one thought that.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-29-2015, 09:16 AM

This is the issue with Alex Smith boiled down to its essence. This, and the fact he can't throw and makes stupid decisions.

If you overlook that fact that he's a coward, can't throw, and makes stupid decisions, he's a pretty decent little game manager. :facepalm:

Molitoth
09-29-2015, 09:27 AM
Alex is actually not terrible when playing against the prevent in an ass kicking situation.
It forces him to at least take some risk.

Mr. Plow
09-29-2015, 09:34 AM

You are a bad person and should feel bad.

The Franchise

Eat a bullet.

Buehler445
That play was embarrassing.

Whole fucking game was embarrassing. After the second 3 and out I knew we were done. The GB D isn't good.

It boggles my fucking mind that we have
Maclin - legit
Kelce - beast
Charles - could be GOAT

And you can't get the ball to ONE of these motherfuckers.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-29-2015, 09:40 AM

Aikman won 3 superbowls behind Emmitt Smith and stellar defense. Elway did the same for 2 superbowls. Jimmy Johnson said so himself: it's not about how many great plays you make, it's how many bad ones you don't make.

And bad plays include the defense giving up touchdowns when you can force the other team to settle for a field goal. There are 22 starters, let's not forget that.

notorious
09-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Jesus, there are people defending Smith?

I have no words........

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Whole ****ing game was embarrassing. After the second 3 and out I knew we were done. The GB D isn't good.

It boggles my ****ing mind that we have
Maclin - legit
Kelce - beast
Charles - could be GOAT

And you can't get the ball to ONE of these mother****ers.

Actually their run defense is bad, but their pass defense has been very good since they have invested into corners and linebackers. Pass defense has been top 10 the last 25 games or so... builds well into the strategy of having a top QB that can run up the score and force the other team to ditch the run.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-29-2015, 09:45 AM
I have this weird feeling that KC fans are going to do to Alex what San Fran did to him...and we all know how that panned out.

Just happy this team is competitive and has enough pieces to make a run in this 32 team league.

Molitoth
09-29-2015, 09:45 AM
Aikman won 3 superbowls behind Emmitt Smith and stellar defense. Elway did the same for 2 superbowls. Jimmy Johnson said so himself: it's not about how many great plays you make, it's how many bad ones you don't make.

And bad plays include the defense giving up touchdowns when you can force the other team to settle for a field goal. There are 22 starters, let's not forget that.

This isn't the 90's anymore.
The game has changed and you need a QB that can take advantage of the rules.

Molitoth
09-29-2015, 09:46 AM
I have this weird feeling that KC fans are going to do to Alex what San Fran did to him...and we all know how that panned out.

Just happy this team is competitive and has enough pieces to make a run in this 32 team league.

So, this team is competitive? a Run at what? lol
Dumbass.... keep drinking that PBR and tailgating.

The Franchise
09-29-2015, 09:46 AM

http://www.thereturnedmissionary.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

loochy
09-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Jesus, there are people defending Smith?

I have no words........

No, there are not "people". There is "person".

Pushead2
I rather see Daniel at this point....

notorious
It baffles me that people think that a the other 21 players are even close to the value of a good QB.

notorious
09-29-2015, 09:49 AM

There are a few out there.

The Franchise
09-29-2015, 09:49 AM

No....there are people. There are people that watched that game last night and will blame the defense for giving up 38 points to Rodgers or blame the offensive line for giving up 7 sacks. Those same people will not put an ounce of blame on Smith's shoulders because...."he can't do everything back there".

Mr. Flopnuts
09-29-2015, 09:51 AM

You absolutely have to be related. Tell him to just do it now. This line may get him killed if he doesn't.

Rausch
09-29-2015, 09:53 AM
No....there are people. There are people that watched that game last night and will blame the defense for giving up 38 points to Rodgers or blame the offensive line for giving up 7 sacks. Those same people will not put an ounce of blame on Smith's shoulders because...."he can't do everything back there".

There isn't just one "problem," there are many.

People have to quit pretending they aren't problems before we can fix them though...

loochy
09-29-2015, 09:53 AM

But but but

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Alex Smith 24/40 290 7.2 1 1 7-39 17.6 80.2

The Franchise
09-29-2015, 10:01 AM
There isn't just one "problem," there are many.

People have to quit pretending they aren't problems before we can fix them though...

Oh there are plenty of problems on this team. Mainly starting at the top.

rabblerouser
09-29-2015, 10:42 AM
http://www.thereturnedmissionary.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

ROFL

rabblerouser
09-29-2015, 10:43 AM
Oh there are plenty of problems on this team. Mainly starting at the top.

Yup.

rabblerouser
09-29-2015, 10:44 AM
You absolutely have to be related. Tell him to just do it now. This line may get him killed if he doesn't.

Tell Alex that his spleen may not survive this season...

Rausch
09-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Just happy this team is competitive...

Exactly.

Here, relax, let me pour you a warm bath...

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/414144/breaking-bad.jpg

Bowser
09-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Exactly.

Here, relax, let me pour you a warm bath...

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/414144/breaking-bad.jpg

LMAO

duncan_idaho
09-29-2015, 11:00 AM

http://i59.tinypic.com/978n5f.gif

FishingRod
09-29-2015, 12:02 PM
I thought he would be an Average to slightly above average QB which seemed like a huge improvement at the time. I remember the Tyler Palko days but, thought they could have gotten the same thing at the time with a Kyle Orten kind of QB that would have left a pile of money to surround him with Talent and maybe tutor a Gino Smith. I know Geno has been crap but so has our #1 overall tackle. Since they didn’t do that I thought that Smith would be solid and I have blamed many of his problems on our retched offensive line and lumbering WRs. I was too kind. To win a QB he needs to be good or Cheap, if you get lucky with a young one both but Smith has been neither.

notorious
09-29-2015, 12:10 PM
I thought he would be an Average to slightly above average QB which seemed like a huge improvement at the time. I remember the Tyler Palko days but, thought they could have gotten the same thing at the time with a Kyle Orten kind of QB that would have left a pile of money to surround him with Talent and maybe tutor a Gino Smith. I know Geno has been crap but so has our #1 overall tackle. Since they didn’t do that I thought that Smith would be solid and I have blamed many of his problems on our retched offensive line and lumbering WRs. I was too kind. To win a QB he needs to be good or Cheap, if you get lucky with a young one both but Smith has been neither.

Kyle Orton.

This team might be pretty good with him. :shrug:

rabblerouser
09-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Kyle Orton.

He was too smart for that shit.

He would have wound up with a ruptured spleen for a fraction of what Smith got paid for it, and Orton knew it.

He couldn't get far enough away from this shitshow fast enough.

Brock
09-29-2015, 12:24 PM

"how that panned out"? You mean when they played in one of the best super bowls in history and followed it up with a very competitive loss in the nfccg at seattle? There isn't a longtime chiefs fan anywhere who wouldn't take that. How come alex gets all the excuses in the world for his bad to completely mediocre career, but a youngster like kaepernick doesn't, even though he accomplished more than smith ever did?

Also, this team really isn't competitive. They've taken on the personality of both its sad sack coach and his boring milquetoast qb. Just good enough to get beat by the really good teams.

FishingRod
09-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Kyle Orton.

Just what I was thinking at the time. It doesn’t look like that would have ended up much better in the Wins category but we “might have been” with an extra couple of 2nd round picks.

srvy
09-29-2015, 02:37 PM
Alex on the big gain over the middle to i think Wilson in the 4th. Alex I swear looked like he went fetal till the 2 lb blitzing the same gap ran into one another. I think he litteraly gave up on the play then lucked out.

rabblerouser
09-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Alex on the big gain over the middle to i think Wilson in the 4th. Alex I swear looked like he went fetal till the 2 lb blitzing the same gap ran into one another. I think he litteraly gave up on the play then lucked out.

I seriously think the spleen injury has fucked with his head.

Coupled with the AIDS-infested oline, he may be done.

srvy
09-29-2015, 03:45 PM
I seriously think the spleen injury has fucked with his head.

Coupled with the AIDS-infested oline, he may be done.

I wish someone would have gif up that play never got a good look at it on replay. Live it sure looked like he was bailing out kinda like Christie Everette and the Phantom sack.

Alex never ruptured his spleen nor was it removed like Chris Sims who was actually in danger of losing his life on the field. Alex had a small tear that was leaking some blood in his chest.

Chris amazingly came back after surgery but was never the same.

09-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Entire fanbase? Many/most were against Alex Smith before it happened.and some were against Andy Reid as well.