PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos fans suck

ModSocks
10-01-2015, 02:18 PM
...Even the youth football ones....

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/League-Bans-Youth-Football-Teams-After-Parent-Brawl-330201341.html

A youth football league has banned two of its Southern California teams after the players’ parents began to brawl while watching a game, one of the coaches told NBC 7 Wednesday.
Startling cellphone video shows how an adult’s heckling escalated to a huge fight during a Sept. 26 game at Otay Ranch High School. That night, the Otay Ranch Broncos were taking on the Inland Empire Ducks in the San Diego Youth Football & Cheer's (SDYFC) 14-and-under league.

On Wednesday morning, SDYFC Commissoner Cathy Luna sent an email to Broncos and Ducks leaders, informing them that their U14 teams were expelled for the rest of the season, according to Ducks Coach Keefe Pierson.

"It has nothing to do with the kids,” said Pierson. “The kids should still be able to play football. That's what it comes down to. We can't control parents. They're adults."

Otay Ranch Broncos players and supporters rallied Wednesday in Chula Vista to protest the SDYFC’s decision. For many of the teens, this will be the last year playing before high school.

“We have launched a lawsuit, a civil lawsuit, into this commission and Cathy Luna,” said Rev. Shane Harris, the president of the National Action Network.

Saturday’s brawl started after game organizers asked fans from each team to sit on separate sides of the field. According to Pierson, one man refused to sit on his team’s side. Instead, he began yelling at the players.

He later directed shouts at another adult in the stands, the cellphone video shows, and their insults became punches. As more and more people piled on, many left bleeding from various injuries.

“When they started fighting, we went to where we’re supposed to be, in the endzone,” said player Hasan Johnson. “I don’t understand why we are being punished for something some of our parents did.”

Chula Vista police were called to the scene, but no arrests were made and no one was taken to the hospital.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HzChwtyYkv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise
10-01-2015, 02:20 PM
I hate youth football parents. And that's coming from someone who has a nephew who plays and a brother who coaches.

Eleazar
10-01-2015, 02:24 PM
How civilized.

InChiefsHeaven
10-01-2015, 02:26 PM
I coached many years ago, for like 7 seasons...yeah, not all, but MANY of the parents were horrible. And a surprising number were the moms, not the dads...

wazu
10-01-2015, 02:27 PM
"We can't control the parents."

Yes you can. You are in control of who you let on your team.

kcjayhawks5
10-01-2015, 02:27 PM
The kid should have made that tackle. This could have been avoided.

The Franchise
10-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Easy way to handle this? Let the games be played but bar anybody from actually sitting in the stands and watching it. They can stand outside the fence AWAY from where they can see the game. You can pick up your kid after the game is over.

Don't like it? Take your kid out of the game then.

Garcia Bronco
10-01-2015, 02:37 PM
I am trying to decide whether I want to ref high school and club soccer. Stuff like this makes mean lean toward no. On top of that...if I was the ref at that game....I am canceling the game and leaving immediately.

Bwana
10-01-2015, 02:47 PM
The person who filmed that has zero chance of ever becoming a camera man.

vailpass
10-01-2015, 02:48 PM
The kid should have made that tackle. This could have been avoided.

:)

scho63
10-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Let me guess, someone is going to claim that the victim said "hands up don't punch".

listopencil
10-01-2015, 05:57 PM
That particular guy should have been banned from all games and practices, let the kids play. I spent a few seasons on the sidelines when my kids played. Much of that time was on the opposing sideline ticking plays. Never had a single problem. But then I'm not a belligerent asshole.

Rain Man
10-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Easy way to handle this? Let the games be played but bar anybody from actually sitting in the stands and watching it. They can stand outside the fence AWAY from where they can see the game. You can pick up your kid after the game is over.

That seems like a good idea in general. Youth leagues shouldn't have spectators, even if most are parents. They're supposed to be just for fun.

TimBone
10-01-2015, 06:08 PM

The parents will just be dicks outside of the fence.

Mile High Mania
10-02-2015, 06:38 AM
There's a combination of quite a few things here... lots of a-hole parents involved in youth sports, but then you have a collection of folks here that would appear to have a penchant for fighting whether it was involved with youth sports or not.

Who just jumps up and wants to brawl? My guess is that it's not the first time in the last few months that the guy (or the old man) has been involved in something like this. They seem too eager to oblige the person engaging with them.

King_Chief_Fan
10-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Hopefully the parents feel like crap and the kids are upset.
Maybe that will change the parents behavior........but then again

Valiant
10-02-2015, 09:38 AM
I am fine with suspending the teams from play. If the parents could not come most would just take their kids off the team anyway.

They need the harsh punishment to get through to the idiots. It is youth football they can watch next year, unless lil Timmy already peaked.

Valiant
10-02-2015, 09:44 AM
From the link, there are numerous other videos of the same parents at previous games being warned for their behavior. I guess they sign a code of contract and the teams are responsible for the parent, and if it happens the team is suspended. So the parents and coaches knew what would happen.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2015, 09:49 AM
I'm shocked these fools don't have enough self fucking pride, or at least enough self respect to not embarrass their child to act like this. People are genuinely fucking nuts.

KC native
10-02-2015, 09:51 AM
I am trying to decide whether I want to ref high school and club soccer. Stuff like this makes mean lean toward no. On top of that...if I was the ref at that game....I am canceling the game and leaving immediately.

I umpired all ages of baseball from 18 and down for 6 years. The younger the kids, the worse the parents generally (there are exceptions).

KC native
10-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Little league parents are the fucking worst though.

I coach my son's basketball team (he doesn't want to play football yet and doesn't have enough of a mean streak to be good at it right now either). I start every season with a talk with the parents about how I don't tolerate this kind of shit from the parents of the kids on my team. I tell them if they have a problem with a ref or opposing team's parent to bring it to me first and I will take care of it.

I've only had one problem in 4 years of coaching and that's because the other parents tried to start a fight with one of my parents after he bitched to a ref after the game. The amount of problems I've seen from other teams is ridiculous. We're talking about YMCA ball here too, not Select teams.

When I umped, I had one game (12 and under tourney team league) where I threatened to clear the stands because the parents were chirping at each other (one team was defending me and the other was bitching about everything). I bounced the coach for arguing balls and strike. Then a parent started cussing at me so I bounced him too. The other team starts bitching at those parents for being classless assholes so I had to tell them to shut up. Ended up bouncing 6 people in the span of about 2 minutes. I told both sides if they couldn't shut up, then I would clear the stands except for the score keepers and I would let the kids make the playing decisions. Shit was hilarious after the fact. The bounced parents went over to the people in charge and started complaining about me. They laughed their asses off as they were driving the cart to my field and asked me if I had threatened to clear the benches and if I really needed to bounce that many people. I answered yes to both. They drive back over to the parents and laughed as they told them, "Well that umpire doesn't take that type of shit from people and he threw you out because you deserved it."

KC native
10-02-2015, 10:03 AM
I had a 30+ year old coach try to fight me one time. I had been umping for a year at that point so I was 15 or so. He was convinced his 10 and under team was the best team ever and he couldn't fathom that his pitchers weren't throwing strikes.

That guy quit coaching that year. He apologized profusely the next year and even chewed out another parent on his team for bitching at someone I was working with one time. He ended up being a pretty cool guy and admitted that he just lost it and thought his team was better than it was.