PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mild reason for optimism

DaFace
10-04-2015, 06:07 PM
The teams we have lost to are currently 12-0. Of course, it's hard to believe we can be a real contender if we can't beat those teams, but hopefully we'll at least be more respectable against weaker competition from here on out.

The end.

SAUTO
10-04-2015, 06:09 PM
I agree.

jd1020
10-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Comfortably mediocre.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2015, 06:13 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/aim-high-21912978.jpg

TimBone
10-04-2015, 06:14 PM
The teams we have lost to are currently 12-0. Of course, it's hard to believe we can be a real contender if we can't beat those teams, but hopefully we'll at least be more respectable against weaker competition from here on out.

The end.
My only problem is that a good team that is a quality contender steals a win in at least one of those games. Thay's all I was hoping for after the Houston win.

DaFace
10-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Comfortably mediocre.

While true, all I want is one playoff win. Until we hit that, I can't be that upset that we're probably not a Super Bowl contender.

DaFace
10-04-2015, 06:15 PM
My only problem is that a good team that is a quality contender steals a win in at least one of those games. Thay's all I was hoping for after the Houston win.

Well, yeah. We're obviously not gonna compete for a title this year. That level of optimism is officially buried.

stumppy
No.....just no. Don't.

Dave Lane

The end.

The Bears that are basically tanking the season will give the true fans new hope.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-04-2015, 06:16 PM
I agrees.

I look back at these games and ask, which one of these were we suppose to win.

Houston.
Cincy (maybe).

We never Beat Manning. And nobody is beating Aaron Rodger on MNF.

We are pretty much on course as being an average football team, as usual. It's sad, but true.

We will win next week...and optimism will begin to grow with "the tough part of our schedule behind us."

9-7.

jd1020
10-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Well, yeah. We're obviously not gonna compete for a title this year. That level of optimism is officially buried.

But the Patriots were 2-2 at this point last season and just got shit on by the Chiefs on MNF. Never give up hope!

The Bad Guy
10-04-2015, 06:17 PM
There's a ton of flaws on this team. Ability for the defensive front to generate pressure, Tamba being pretty much done, safeties can't cover, no slot corner, Stephenson looks awful.

milkman
10-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Yay!

We might not suck as hard as some other teams that suck!

Optimism!

MMXcalibur
10-04-2015, 06:20 PM
The playoffs are full of mediocre to subpar teams?

tk13
10-04-2015, 06:22 PM
I think it's possible for a good team to have lost all three of those games. That doesn't concern me... what is bad is the Chiefs were dominated in two of those games. Didn't look like they belonged on the field on offense or defense.

GloryDayz
10-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Woot..............

http://scs.viceland.com/int/v17n1/htdocs/fashion-work-hard-play-hard-301/boner-blackberry.jpg

JohnnyHammersticks
10-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Were either cell phones or the internet popular when we won our last playoff game? What other technological achievements will humans conquer before the Hunt family can field a team capable of winning a even a wildcard game? What mode of transportation will we be using to get to the stadium the next time the Chiefs win a playoff game? Flying cars, teleportation, worm holes?

GoShox
10-04-2015, 06:45 PM
The playoffs are full of mediocre to subpar teams?

After watching a ton of games, they might be this year. The NFL has, for the most part, looked pretty bad so far.

GloryDayz
10-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Were either cell phones or the internet popular when we won our last playoff game? What other technological achievements will humans conquer before the Hunt family can field a team capable of winning a even a wildcard game? What mode of transportation will we be using to get to the stadium the next time the Chiefs win a playoff game? Flying cars, teleportation, worm holes?

Those who had them were huge fans...

http://www.ww2gyrene.org/assets/scr_300_7.jpg

Buzz
10-04-2015, 06:47 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2G3pN-sXlJ0/UTIH_8HGc_I/AAAAAAAAHIg/Msfd2FvFijc/s1600/optimissm.png

the Talking Can
10-04-2015, 06:47 PM
we didn't lose...we were humiliated for the second week in a row

Meatloaf
10-04-2015, 06:53 PM

The end.

DaFace, I appreciate your attempt to find a shred of optimism in this cluster-**** of a season. However, "mild optimism"? I fear you've re-defined the term "mild". Guess you could say that Hitler was mildly humanitarian too (he didn't kill EVERYBODY). That said, rep for the fine efforts to polish the turd.

GloryDayz
10-04-2015, 06:53 PM
we didn't lose...we were humiliated for the second week in a rowSecond? Try "third"...

Easy 6
10-04-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm not seeing too many reasons for optimism.

In his third year in the system, when its supposed to click, Smith is playing the worst ball he ever has for us.

Reids playcalling has been excruciating and the team hasn't looked prepared.

Sutton still isn't adjusting.

This entire team has fallen apart like a house of cards, they aren't just losing... they're being embarrassed.

DaFace
10-04-2015, 06:57 PM
DaFace, I appreciate your attempt to find a shred of optimism in this cluster-**** of a season. However, "mild optimism"? I fear you've re-defined the term "mild". Guess you could say that Hitler was mildly humanitarian too (he didn't kill EVERYBODY). That said, rep for the fine efforts to polish the turd.

Heh...if I weren't an optimist, I wouldn't watch the games.

(I have no idea how everyone who just sees doom and gloom all the time can cope. I don't really see the point in even watching if you're convinced the team is gonna lose every game.)

Discuss Thrower
10-04-2015, 06:58 PM
I just want the season to be over.

Hope Dorsey hit on every 2015 pick does the same next year because there is a dearth of young talent on the team..

Hammock Parties
10-04-2015, 07:04 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15536369/images/1310335564877.gif

Meatloaf
10-04-2015, 07:08 PM

(I have no idea how everyone who just sees doom and gloom all the time can cope. I don't really see the point in even watching if you're convinced the team is gonna lose every game.)

Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I think most of the folks here at CP are SO passionate about this team that regardless of what they say on the board, deep down (and I'm talking waaaaaaaaaaay deep down) they want the Chiefs to win every stinking game.

The flaming after a poor performance is just a release of this pent up emotion. Plus, it's much better than kicking the dog!

Heck, back in my college days (a looooooong time ago), during one game (on tv) my roommate put a fist through his closet door and during another game, tossed a chair thru the tv. And he's a pretty "normal" guy......if plasma physicists can be considered "normal". Sometimes, you just gotta say **** it.

Nonetheless, thanks for the optimism....it's good to see that not everyone has given up the ghost.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2015, 07:09 PM
I just want the season to be over.

Hope Dorsey hit on every 2015 pick does the same next year because there is a dearth of young talent on the team..

I'd look for a competent young coach that could work with Dorsey on developing that young talent. I'm really beyond caring about the Chiefs landing some "name" from the old boys club. A younger guy with a brilliant football mind would be fine by me.

Meatloaf
10-04-2015, 07:09 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15536369/images/1310335564877.gif

Clay, that's not funny.......well, it's kinda funny. Stop it.

PS. You're a clever one, my friend.

Meatloaf
10-04-2015, 07:12 PM
I'd look for a competent young coach that could work with Dorsey on developing that young talent. I'm really beyond caring about the Chiefs landing some "name" from the old boys club. A younger guy with a brilliant football mind would be fine by me.

I know I'm in a minority on this, but I thought Todd Haley was that guy. Pioli just cut the legs out from under him and well, that was that. Too bad as I think he had a way to get the most out of the guys......he especially challenged the really talented guys to excel. Just a shame that Pioli was so fragile.

chiefzilla1501
10-04-2015, 07:14 PM

The end.

I've been watching all the games at bars. And it's amazing how really, really bad a lot of these teams are. I would agree -- we've played 3 teams that are playing terrific football (Denver isn't the same level as GB and Cincy, but compared to the pile of shit in the NFL, they're pretty good). Pile on the shitty scheduling between the Chiefs playing two short weeks in 4 weeks, the unbelievably shitty road schedule to begin the season, and the fuck-the-NFL London game. As bad as we want to say the Chiefs have played, they would be a shoo-in for the playoffs in half of the divisions.

But then... I don't know if that's what I want. Maybe we're lucky that we're exposing how far off the Chiefs are from the best teams in the league. I don't know. I do agree with you -- the Chiefs got royally fucked with scheduling but once they hit the reasonable part, they should once again bubble around .500.

chiefzilla1501
10-04-2015, 07:15 PM
I know I'm in a minority on this, but I thought Todd Haley was that guy. Pioli just cut the legs out from under him and well, that was that. Too bad as I think he had a way to get the most out of the guys......he especially challenged the really talented guys to excel. Just a shame that Pioli was so fragile.

You are in the minority. But I completely agree with you. I don't get the CP hate for Haley. I don't know if he was the answer. I just know he was never given a shot to prove it.

tk13
10-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Oh my gosh we're not going to turn this into another Haley thread are we? Good job DaFace. Look at what you've done.

chiefzilla1501
10-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Oh my gosh we're not going to turn this into another Haley thread are we? Good job DaFace. Look at what you've done.

Sorry about that. I'll hold my tongue on this one.

Meatloaf
10-04-2015, 07:17 PM
I've been watching all the games at bars. And it's amazing how really, really bad a lot of these teams are. I would agree -- we've played 3 teams that are playing terrific football (Denver isn't the same level as GB and Cincy, but compared to the pile of shit in the NFL, they're pretty good). Pile on the shitty scheduling between the Chiefs playing two short weeks in 4 weeks, the unbelievably shitty road schedule to begin the season, and the ****-the-NFL London game. As bad as we want to say the Chiefs have played, they would be a shoo-in for the playoffs in half of the divisions.

But then... I don't know if that's what I want. Maybe we're lucky that we're exposing how far off the Chiefs are from the best teams in the league. I don't know. I do agree with you -- the Chiefs got royally ****ed with scheduling but once they hit the reasonable part, they should once again bubble around .500.

Damn, I hate the voice of reason when I'm basking in the dull limelight of despair.

PS. I think you're correct, zilla, we have a horrendous schedule this year.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Shitty schedule is shitty

Meatloaf
10-04-2015, 07:18 PM

Ok, tk13, I too will refrain from more Todd Haley luv.

tk13
10-04-2015, 07:20 PM
You can talk about whatever you want. It's a free board. But be warned I will soon start my campaign to bring back Dick Vermeil. GoChiefs will make it go viral, we will make it happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2015, 07:21 PM

I agree 100%.

Maybe he was an asshole, but I LOVED the attitude and accountability-factor.

I think that guy is out there, and I would like to think that Dorsey, in his methodical ways, could convince Clark to turn as many rocks over as necessary to find him instead of just rolling over for some name jackass that the fans can stroke it to( until he starts losing of course ).

There.

There's my goddamned optimism for the fucking day. :D

Buzz
10-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Thank God, I thought I was going to have to come over the interwebs and beat someone over the head with my laptop.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2015, 07:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQgCqxLUcAAiSAz.jpg:large

Buzz
10-04-2015, 07:23 PM
uhg

wazu
10-04-2015, 07:24 PM
I'd be happier if the teams we had lost to had only won 1 game each. Better for SOS draft position. This team is going nowhere. Ever.

Hootie
10-04-2015, 07:26 PM
the Chiefs have done a pretty good job of eviscerating any passion I had left for pro football

too
many
fucking
commercials

too
many
fucking
penalties

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2015, 07:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQgCqxLUcAAiSAz.jpg:large

Why doesn't Alex have his 30 pieces of silver?

You're slipping.

stevieray
10-04-2015, 07:28 PM
How are Pioli's Falcons doing?

Mr. Laz
10-04-2015, 07:30 PM

The end.
True, but if we want to win a playoff game then we need to be able to beat those type teams. Of course if we just want to be mediocre then losing to them is perfectly understandable.

Reid has taken us just about as far as he is capable, time to move on.

Hootie
10-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Pioli's Falcons LMAO

not sure he is the one that deserves the credit for their start

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2015, 07:31 PM

Hopefully dying in fire?

stevieray
10-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Pioli's Falcons LMAO

"winning"

....unlike here.

TEX
True, but if we want to win a playoff game then we need to be able to those type teams. Of course if we just want to be mediocre then losing to them is perfectly understandable.

Reid has taken us just about as far as he is capable, time to move on.

This. :clap:

Hammock Parties

http://i.imgur.com/GAlamYI.jpg

Hootie
10-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Gee, a team is winning with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones! Super surprising!

if Scott Pioli comes with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones attached by all means ... bring back Scotty P

stevieray
10-04-2015, 07:39 PM

if Scott Pioli comes with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones attached by all means ... bring back Scotty P
STFU

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Pioli's Falcons LMAO

Pioli ran the Falcons last two drafts and made their personnel decisions.

I don't know who is responsible for hiring Dan Quinn but whomever it may be certainly made the right hire.

As much as I despised him and his tenure in KC, I'll give credit where credit is due.

Buzz
10-04-2015, 07:43 PM

Only if fat scott is the janitor picking up the candy wrappers.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2015, 07:45 PM
As for the Chiefs, unfortunately, I don't share in any optimism, mild or not.

The offensive line, QB and WR's, outside of Maclin, are well below average (although Conley is promising). The play calling on both sides of the ball leaves much to be desired.

It's amazing in today's NFL but after three years, the Chiefs still look to be a team in transition.

My Give-A-Shit meter is at an all time low.

Hootie
10-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Meh.

The Falcons appear to be a pretty good team this year. Good for them. Still not going to give Pioli too much credit. Good to see a team that is always "so good on paper" not underachieving thus far.

Rausch
10-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Meh.

The Falcons appear to be a pretty good team this year. Good for them. Still not going to give Pioli too much credit. Good to see a team that is always "so good on paper" not underachieving thus far.

That team has an accurate QB, STUD WR, and great young HB.

No defense and no O line.

Before people start jerking off over Atlanta they need to realize this is the prototype team for a one and done...

chiefzilla1501
10-04-2015, 08:02 PM

Before people start jerking off over Atlanta they need to realize this is the prototype team for a one and done...

Eagles
Giants
Cowboys (minus Romo)
Texans

They are an improved team benefiting off a complete garbage schedule.

wazu
10-04-2015, 08:27 PM

No. The CHIEFS are the prototype team for one and done. They have perfected it. There has never been any sports franchise in history as good at it as we are. This is the only thing they are good at. They break every huddle in practice and in games with "ONE AND DONE!"

tk13
10-04-2015, 08:32 PM
I'm waiting for the first "I wish Pioli was still here" thread. You know it's coming. We're getting there. Even though he ran the franchise into the ground, got everyone sued and was a complete train wreck. Different situation in Atlanta, it might actually be good for Pioli because he's not quite the supreme being like he was here, Arthur Blank is probably a bit more of an alpha dog than Clark is. Plus he didn't have to find a QB.

milkman
10-04-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm waiting for the first "I wish Pioli was still here" thread. You know it's coming. We're getting there. Even though he ran the franchise into the ground, got everyone sued and was a complete train wreck. Different situation in Atlanta, it might actually be good for Pioli because he's not quite the supreme being like he was here, Arthur Blank is probably a bit more of an alpha dog than Clark is. Plus he didn't have to find a QB.

And he also has Thomas Dimitroff overseeing him.

I personally would like to see what another coach would be able to do with the talent provided by Dorsey.

Buzz
10-04-2015, 08:38 PM
And he also has Thomas Dimitroff overseeing him.

I personally would like to see what another coach would be able to do with the talent provided by Dorsey.

I thought Reid was the guy, a players coach, gotta say he's wearing out his welcome pretty quick.

lewdog
10-04-2015, 08:46 PM
So the optimism is now having a ceiling of finishing 9-7?

How riveting.

Buzz
10-04-2015, 08:55 PM

How riveting.

High expectations got nixed by the play on the field. Looked good on paper anyways.

DaFace
10-04-2015, 08:56 PM

How riveting.

Well, yeah. But at least I hopefully won't feel like shit EVERY Sunday afternoon this year. Hopefully they'll manage to keep it mildly interesting.

lewdog
10-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Well, yeah. But at least I hopefully won't feel like shit EVERY Sunday afternoon this year. Hopefully they'll manage to keep it mildly interesting.

You're a hockey fan at least if I remember?

DaFace
10-04-2015, 08:59 PM
You're a hockey fan at least if I remember?

Yep. Unfortunately, I'm not that high on the Avs' chances this year either. But at least in hockey you still win a game or two every week, even in (most) down periods. :)

I've pretty much decided that it's my lot in life to root for losing teams, so I figure I might as well enjoy it for what it is.

lewdog
10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Yep. Unfortunately, I'm not that high on the Avs' chances this year either. But at least in hockey you still win a game or two every week, even in (most) down periods. :)

I've pretty much decided that it's my lot in life to root for losing teams, so I figure I might as well enjoy it for what it is.

Oh yea, I feel so bad for you and rooting for the mid-late 90's and early 2000 Avs. How terrible. :rolleyes:

Brock
10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
It's time for the royals to raise our spirits

DaFace
10-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Oh yea, I feel so bad for you and rooting for the mid-late 90's and early 2000 Avs. How terrible. :rolleyes:

I became an Avs fan when I moved to Denver in 2007. And I started paying attention to the Rockies right after their crazy weird World Series run in 2007, after which they've been consistently a basement dweller.

lewdog
10-04-2015, 09:11 PM
I became an Avs fan when I moved to Denver in 2007. And I started paying attention to the Rockies right after their crazy weird World Series run in 2007, after which they've been consistently a basement dweller.

Oh well then that's awesome! Thanks for bringing the stank to Dungver! Too bad the Broncos seem to hate you too!

highBOLTage
10-04-2015, 09:22 PM

You should start being a Bronco fan right now just to see how powerful you are. 6-10.

BlackOp
10-04-2015, 09:24 PM

The end.

All the teams that have only had one home games are 1-3 too. This was definitely the most brutal stretch of the schedule....not having S.Smith didn't help. KC is only one game out of the WC hunt.

Not saying KC is playing great football but they've scored the 4th most points in the AFC....also given up the most points in the NFL. :eek: AFCW doesn't look very impressive...and they all have to play the Bengals and Green Bay too.

DaFace
10-04-2015, 09:24 PM
You should start being a Bronco fan right now just to see how powerful you are. 6-10.

I'd almost try it if it weren't for the vomiting and self mutilation that I'd have to do just to make it through it.

Buzz
10-04-2015, 09:30 PM

Troll, want's to stick his sack out, come on out and play.

DaFace
10-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Weird that we're all so bummed there isn't even a thread for other games today. Can't believe the Saints kicker missed that.

BlackOp
10-04-2015, 09:35 PM

Anyone that thinks they are somehow powerful because of a football team is a ****ing retard.

SD barely beat the Browns at home....get back to us when the Dolts play GB and the Bengals on the road. Yours is coming....

GloryDayz
10-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Weird that we're all so bummed there isn't even a thread for other games today. Can't believe the Saints kicker missed that.

I thought about making one, but it just didn't seem worth it.

Discuss Thrower
10-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Anyone that thinks they are somehow powerful because of a football team is a fucking retard.

SD barely beat the Browns at home....get back to us when you play GB and the Bengals on the road. Yours is coming....

Why does he care more if San Diego lose to Green Bay or Cinci?

He's only here because he's fairly certain that San Diego can beat KC this year at least once.. And might even sweep the Chiefs.

Say what you want about r8ers and company, but at least the raiderfan will shit talk constantly and often even though Oakland sucks ass. Charger fans outside of Buck don't show up here until they see KC blood in the water.

lewdog
10-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Awesome.

Fuck the Cowboys.

DaFace
That kicker needs to be carrying Spillers gear for him for the next week.

jimidollar
Cowboys go down.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Why does he care more if San Diego lose to Green Bay or Cinci?

He's only here because he's fairly certain that San Diego can beat KC this year at least once.. And might even sweep the Chiefs.

Say what you want about r8ers and company, but at least the raiderfan will shit talk constantly and often even though Oakland sucks ass. Charger fans outside of Buck don't show up here until they see KC blood in the water.

You lose points when you act as if the Chiefs are a 1-15 team.

Buzz
10-04-2015, 09:41 PM

Mildly watching the game. Dallas is screwed in the injury department.

highBOLTage
10-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Anyone that thinks they are somehow powerful because of a football team is a fucking retard.

SD barely beat the Browns at home....get back to us when you play GB and the Bengals on the road. Yours is coming....

Speaking of fucking tards.... thanks for chiming in. Explanation since you have zero comprehension: DaFace pointed out that all the teams he roots for turn to shit. So I suggested he do everyone a solid and turn Denver from 4-0 to 6-10.

Had nothing to do with SD. I know they have a QB and garbage pretty much everywhere else.

DaFace
10-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Speaking of fucking tards.... thanks for chiming in. Explanation since you have zero comprehension: DaFace pointed out that all the teams he roots for turn to shit. So I suggested he do everyone a solid and turn Denver from 4-0 to 6-10.

Had nothing to do with SD. I know they have a QB and garbage pretty much everywhere else.
Yeah, nothing wrong with your comment at all.

Discuss Thrower
10-04-2015, 09:49 PM
You lose points when you act as if the Chiefs are a 1-15 team.

That would be impressive and the upside was being high on the draft order. QB or no QB, they could come away with some value by trading down in that scenario.

But they'll fuck up and win four games at least. They'll beat Chicago and Cleveland and win at least one divisional game. If the Lions game were in the USA I'd be confident in KC winning that one.

Buzz
10-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Daface, start rooting for the Bolts and maybe numbnutz will choke on his own sack. Wait, his nuts haven't dropped, let him choke on yours...

BlackOp
10-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Speaking of ****ing tards.... thanks for chiming in. Explanation since you have zero comprehension: DaFace pointed out that all the teams he roots for turn to shit. So I suggested he do everyone a solid and turn Denver from 4-0 to 6-10.

I didnt read the whole thread...but it sure looked a Dolt fan talking trash. I'd apologize except for the fact you are a Dolt humper.

chiefzilla1501
10-04-2015, 09:59 PM
That would be impressive and the upside was being high on the draft order. QB or no QB, they could come away with some value by trading down in that scenario.

But they'll **** up and win four games at least. They'll beat Chicago and Cleveland and win at least one divisional game. If the Lions game were in the USA I'd be confident in KC winning that one.

ROFL
You still think this team is barely a 4-win team.

Psyko Tek
10-04-2015, 09:59 PM

I am beginning to question my motivation, if it's just to drink heavily on sunday mornings, I am ok with that

GloryDayz
10-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Awesome.

Fuck the Cowboys.
What are they now, like 1-3? Embarrassing!!!!

jspchief
10-04-2015, 10:36 PM
I think it's possible for a good team to have lost all three of those games. That doesn't concern me... what is bad is the Chiefs were dominated in two of those games. Didn't look like they belonged on the field on offense or defense.
Yep. Look at the 3 losses in a vacuum and it's not necessarily reason for concern.

Look at the 3 losses, with the offense and defense playing mostly terrible, and I have trouble feeling optimistic about this team.

What's currently the bright spot on this team? Nothing on defense. The running game? Not if we need a tough yard. Not the passing game. There's really no part of this team that looks like it can carry the shortcomings.

2bikemike
10-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Yep. Look at the 3 losses in a vacuum and it's not necessarily reason for concern.

Look at the 3 losses, with the offense and defense playing mostly terrible, and I have trouble feeling optimistic about this team.

What's currently the bright spot on this team? Nothing on defense. The running game? Not if we need a tough yard. Not the passing game. There's really no part of this team that looks like it can carry the shortcomings.

I agree. We have a lot of talent on D but even they are not getting it done. Right now I have to say coaching is a failure as well. Nothing is going right for this team. Well maybe the kickers. I guess that's something.

Bowser
10-04-2015, 10:57 PM

The end.

Nailed It http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295045

Bowser
10-04-2015, 11:04 PM

I agree. We have a lot of talent on D but even they are not getting it done. Right now I have to say coaching is a failure as well. Nothing is going right for this team. Well maybe the kickers. I guess that's something.

Great takes.

Now that Tamba Hali has been burned for a 30 yard pass, is there a chance we will stop putting him man-to-man in coverage? Maybe if Dee Ford wasn't a complete waste of a pick, we wouldn't HAVE to put Tamba in those positions?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2015, 12:29 AM
Defense is a shit sandwich right now

The Bad Guy
10-05-2015, 06:56 AM
You are in the minority. But I completely agree with you. I don't get the CP hate for Haley. I don't know if he was the answer. I just know he was never given a shot to prove it.

You're the same fool who didn't want Arians and said how awful you thought he'd be as a HC.

TEX
10-05-2015, 07:22 AM
You're the same fool who didn't want Arians and said how awful you thought he'd be as a HC.

Yep... Zilla's the same long-winded fool who is on the wrong side of everything when common sense is involved. His last gem was saying that the Chiefs would come out with more focus in Cincinnati. ROFL

TEX
10-05-2015, 07:24 AM

I'm not really worried about the kicker anymore. :shrug:

Jerm
10-05-2015, 07:25 AM

If Arizona had actually hired Reid, he'd probably be the coach here right now...right?

Typical luck. :facepalm:

Red Dawg
10-05-2015, 07:31 AM
This season will not go right no matter what. As long as Smith is playing we don't get TD's.

KC_Lee
10-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Guys calm down. Our next QB is on his way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/05/sports/green-bay-packers-solve-san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick.html

Things have gotten bad enough for the San Francisco 49ers that even a heroic defensive effort against the Green Bay Packers was not nearly enough for a victory. The Packers brought their unbeaten record and a few thousand Green Bay faithful to San Francisco and left on top, 17-3.

The crowd of Levi’s Stadium appeared to thin out dramatically in the second half as memories of a surprising victory in Week 1 against Minnesota continued to fade.

Losers of three consecutive games, the 49ers can place much of the blame the last two weeks on quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Last week Kaepernick threw four interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns, and this week he failed to get anything going, passing for just 160 yards and an interception. It was the third time in four games that he failed to break 200 yards passing, and he was sacked six times.

San Francisco 49ers running back Carlos Hyde was tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Quinten Rollins during the first half on Sunday.N.F.L. Week 4 Scores and Highlights
Rueben Randle, left, broke a tackle to get into the end zone with a first-half touchdown catch.Giants 24, Bills 10: Little Pass Goes Long Way for GiantsOCT. 4, 2015
Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins fumbled but recovered to score a touchdown in the first half against the Eagles on Sunday.Washington Redskins Drive 90 Yards to Beat the EaglesOCT. 4, 2015
Running back Devonta Freeman scored three touchdowns in the Falcons' victory over the Texans on Sunday.Devonta Freeman Scores Three Touchdowns Again for 4-0 FalconsOCT. 4, 2015
Piling on to Kaepernick’s misfortune, television cameras picked up Packers linebacker Clay Matthews taunting his rival, saying “You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro” in reference to the Seattle Seahawks’ Super Bowl-winning quarterback.
A downbeat Kaepernick took responsibility for the loss after the game, saying the team will improve.

“The only way I know how to fix things is to go back to work,” Kaepernick told reporters after the disappointing performance. “We have to find our rhythm.”

There had been hope among 49ers fans that a game against the Packers could revitalize the young passer. In three previous games, all wins, Kaepernick had dominated Green Bay, rushing for more than 100 yards twice and throwing for more than 400 yards once. This time Dom Capers, Green Bay’s defensive coordinator, finally figured out a way to stop him.

The loss will only add to the speculation of whether the team might begin looking for a different answer at quarterback. With a contract that would allow the team to part ways with him after the season with minimal repercussions, and a statistical profile in severe decline, it is reasonable for people to wonder if Tomsula would consider benching the player who took the team all the way to the Super Bowl in his first season as a starter.

The tight-lipped Tomsula has not given any indication that change is imminent, telling reporters this week “Colin is our quarterback.”

At his post-game news conference, Tomsula defended Kaepernick, saying he “won’t even go into the discussion. That’s not even on my mind.”

Kaepernick’s anemic offense wasted a great effort by the team’s reworked defense. In the offseason, the 49ers lost Justin Smith, Patrick Willis and Chris Borland to retirement, and parted ways with Ray McDonald and Aldon Smith because of off-field issues.

Burned for more than 40 points in each of the previous two games, the defense held its own against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

The Packers had scored 96 points in three games coming into the contest and Rodgers had 10 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. The 49ers held him to 224 passing yards and 1 touchdown, with Aaron Lynch, a second-year linebacker sacking him twice.

Tomsula insisted after the game that his team was not giving up.

“You don’t go around these things,” Tomsula told reporters. “You go through them. So lock your jaw and keep going.”

scho63
10-05-2015, 09:55 AM
The thing that concerns me the most is that the BEST part of the team was supposed to be our "monster" defense and yet we just let up 30 points + in the last three games and 125 for the season or an average of 31.25 points. That's horrific!

The ONLY good part of our team at this point are the punter and kicker! :facepalm:

scho63
10-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Guys calm down. Our next QB is on his way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/05/sports/green-bay-packers-solve-san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick.html

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! :cuss:

KC_Lee
10-05-2015, 10:40 AM
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! :cuss:

I'd love to. I would love to see this team step up and draft and develop it's own starting QB.

Someone need to do some research and find out how much the team would make on jersey sales alone if we drafted a stud QB. How much more money would Clark make if we went down that path?

Quick, someone crunch the numbers and send them to Clark ASAP!!!

The Franchise
10-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Dude....if they trade for Kap....I'm done as a fan. Period.

KC_Lee
10-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Dude....if they trade for Kap....I'm done as a fan. Period.

Would you be surprised if they did though?

BWillie
10-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Per CBS preseason rankings, GB was 1st, Denver was 3rd, Cincy was 8th.

Cliffs: The Chiefs were always supposed to lose those games, every, single, one.

KC_Lee
10-05-2015, 11:17 AM

Cliffs: The Chiefs were always supposed to lose those games, every, single, one.

Ahh I see...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CWILhrSzw5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise
10-05-2015, 11:18 AM

Where was KC?

There's a BIG difference between losing games and getting fucking humiliated.

Hootie
10-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I will say ...

I have finally learned my lesson.

Having optimism about this franchise before seeing the product on the field is a major no-no.

Strongside
10-05-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm going to remain cautious after we win our next 5. We will blow it down the stretch.

The Franchise
10-05-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm going to remain cautious after we win our next 5. We will blow it down the stretch.

We'll beat the Bears and lose to the Vikings and Steelers. The Lions game is questionable.

DaveNull
10-05-2015, 01:46 PM
I will say ...

Having optimism about this franchise before seeing the product on the field is a major no-no.

Better late than never. I never did understand the idea that we were going to suddenly go to the Super Bowl because we signed Maclin.

it's all propaganda all the time in the offseason.

TEX
10-05-2015, 01:54 PM
I will say ...

THIS season is the first for me. Coming off 4-0 preseason, I waited to see them play for real before deciding whether or not to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket. So GLAD I waited. Got my answer after the GB debacle. A RESOUNDING "NOOOOO!" I FINALLY was NOT fooled. :)

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2015, 05:30 AM
Well, they got me for sure. This was the first time in a long time that I was legitimately optimistic. I even told people about it...out loud.

I'm paying for that. Oh...I'm paying for that.